• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hunter's Moon: The Sin & Sentence [IC] [CLOSED]

Venextos looked on in horror as what potentially was a catastrophically bad move be played right before his eyes as one of Sazak's sons was slain. As the demon's body became lifeless, Venextos could barely get a word out from the shock he had just experienced. "You... you have just placed a target on our backs." Venextos managed to get out, "Our mission has now become exponentially more treacherous and difficult now. Once the Icon learns of this... he will come after us in full force. This brief moment of satisfaction may very well have doomed us truly."

Hudson withdrew his blade and cleaned the blood off of his blade by wiping it on his leg. After that he simply sheathed his weapon and began to follow behind the rest of the group wordlessly. He was convinced he had done the right thing. After all, in the land of demons sometimes one would have to play by their rules. Even if Sazak cared nothing for this particular son it would send him a potent message: they were here, and they will not stop until the icon was dead.

"You're wrong if you think this was about satisfaction." the hunter says to Venextos from up ahead. "We're off to go free Sazak's most prized captive. That target is on our backs regardless."

"I've avenged my son, next I'll avenge Camille by making sure that Sazak can never hurt anyone ever again."

"At least we had the element of surprise regarding our mission beforehand! Now this... this is practically us painting a large sign of our intentions!" Venextos replied with anger, unsure of how to properly contain his flustered nature at the moment. "Oui, we have killed your son and massacred your guards Sazak. And we happen to be moving elsewhere to find Madame Witlock! Merde, alors aidez-moi! That is what the message we have practically sent now!"

Before proceeding, Mariette drew an empty vial out of her pocket and stooped down to the body, which was now gushing blood out of two different holes. She filled the vial, corked it, and put it away before savagely biting down on the new neck hole and drinking her fill. When she was finished, she stood, wiped her mouth on her sleeve, and replied to Venextos. "We broke into his house. There's no element of surprise," she said, nearly chuckling. "Do you think leaving him alive really would have granted us any reprieve from Sazak's retribution if he catches up with us?" she asked, darkly. "You underestimate how Sazak responds to the smallest of slights."

Cassandra folded her arms, watching as Mariette gathered blood from Ergran's corpse before drinking her fill straight from the source. Then, she glanced to Venextos as he argued with Hudson, before Mariette put in her two cents. "Our Escarian mage does have a point. We just embarrassed Sazak, by breaking into his home, taking his things, freeing one of his prized prisoners, and potentially finding the dear inquisitor's location. He's the icon of Vainglory, if you recall....I could care less how he feels about me, personally." she stated, still fuming a bit at not being able to make Sazak's son suffer. She then looked to Edmond. "...Do not touch me. Ever again. Do you understand, ser knight?"

"I'm trying to think on the big picture... the odds were already stacked against us in the first place, and now this has made an already steep slope turn into what might as well be an impassable mountain! Gah!" Venextos replied to Mariette, crying out his last word before shaking his head angrily. "I'm going to collect my thoughts. I will rejoin you shortly." he then spoke as he made for a window and jumped out, transforming into a raven as he flew off to the skies above.

Edmond looked down at Cassandra. "My apologies, Cassandra... I only intended to stop you." The nosferatu said nothing else after that, simply bowing his head and walked away. He watched as Venextos transformed into a crow and flew away from the group, sighing in disappointment. Down the hall, Jakob stopped for a moment, punching a statue of Sazak. "Fucking damn it. God damn idiots." he said under his breath. After her crazed little giggle, he feared the worst. The fear that the Abyss corrupted Mariette was growing on him. He looked over his shoulder at Riberta, who was standing there. "...Guess we didn't have much say in the matter."

Riberta shrugged. "The politics are lost on me. Kill him and move on, or ignore him and move on. Sazak's gonna hate us either way." she said, "Personally, I'd have just ignored him. He seemed sort of a wimp compared to the others we've run into. What would he have done to try and stop us? Call guards on us? We'd have slaughtered them too." She looked to the statue, tilting her head a bit. "...Put more of your upper body into it. You'll knock the head clean off the statue."

Watching Venextos fly off, Mariette wasn't surprised to find some of her new allies to be flighty, so to speak, but was surprised that neither Cassandra nor Riberta seemed to be by her side on the issue, the former annoyed at the lack of brutality, and the latter apparently uninterested in the Icon's son regardless. She shook her head as she walked along to keep up with the others, reminding herself that she should try to not be so polarizing, and let others take the lead.

As Mariette walked off down the hall, away from the corpse of Ergran, Cassandra glanced down at it for a moment. She then spat on his body, before turning and following after Mariette. Hudson followed, and soon the group rejoined with Jakob and Riberta. The trip back through the palace was a little quicker than the trip up to Sazak's room, as they began to dispatch guards immediately as they saw them instead of simply sneaking by them. And on the way, Cassandra took a little time to wreck any statues and paintings that they came across.

Back outside, they moved through the courtyard as the raven-formed Venextos circled above. Instead of sneaking out, it was more of a brisk stroll. Why sneak? They had killed Sazak's son, and they could simply put down any more guards that showed up. The only thing that could stop them at the moment was Sazak's sudden reappearance, which seemed highly unlikely at the moment.

Cassandra glanced a few times to Mariette again as they moved out past the outer wall, heading back towards the familiar rock formation. And soon enough, she spoke up. "...Why didn't you tell me what you were planning?" she asked, as she moved up closer to her. There was actual concern in her voice. Worry. Something that Cassandra didn't show often.

There was a pause before Mariette spoke, as she was somewhat ashamed over what had happened. "...I didn't plan it," she finally answered. "I was on the verge of letting go, truly. But when I learned that Jakob had come here, in that instant I knew that there was still hope out there. Sazak learned of their intrusion by way of a messenger; if Jakob were captured, then he would have been delivered to the palace, like we were. But he wasn't, so I knew he had to be fighting... there was... for the first time, hope," she repeated. "If you hadn't believed I had gone hollow, then Sazak wouldn't have, either. There was no way I could lay a hint for you on the spot; from that moment forward, I was an actor as much as I've ever been. I'm so sorry, Cass. I didn't want to leave you behind, and I came right back for you."

They walked along for a moment longer, and there was still a hesitation, as if Mariette had something left to say, but couldn't. Finally, she snapped and spoke up. "You might doubt me because you think I want to leave this place the same as you. And while that may be true, what I want and what's best aren't always the same thing. I never thought myself capable of the evil I displayed in Grimtham and I never want to threaten anyone with that side of myself again. I won't go. I just want you and my other friends to get out of this place alive. But moi? I accepted this fate when I put myself in the sun. If it takes another 30 years to reach that point in which I lose myself, as I nearly did, then so be it. I can wait as long as I need to, and endure any pain, to find my peace."

Cassandra was speechless for a few moments, stunned by Mariette's response. "...Mariette, I thought I had lost my friend. I tried to attack Sazak when you were dragged off. That perfect bitch that follows Ralvas around stopped me. Sazak sent me to Azgon afterwards. Azgon killed me hundreds of times because I attacked Sazak over you." she finally said. She paused for a few moments, going over Mariette's explanation again. "...You say you belong down here, because of the evils you displayed on Grimtham? What about me? You did what you did because of Sazak. You are a victim of circumstance. Sazak preyed on you, just like he did the Duke. Just like he does everyone he comes into contact with. He wanted that damned ring, and was willing to screw you and everyone else to get it. If you stay down here...to hollow and rot for another thirty years or more...then its not you finding peace or protecting anyone. It's you giving up. It's you letting that vile snake of an Icon win."

Cassandra then went silent again. "I deserve to be down here far more than you do, Mariette. But I'm not staying down here. I spent an eternity in hell already. I lost my mind...I lost who I was, as well as my memories. I murdered hundreds of people, and destroyed the lives of countless others. I killed the man I loved, and then I ruined the life of another that resembled him. I didn't know what I was doing, nor did I care. That was my hell. To lose yourself...even just going hollow...that's no peace."

Last edited:
"Just because we can live forever, does not mean we are obliged," Mariette slowly and quietly replied. "I've lived several lifetimes, been rich and poor, a hero sometimes and a terrible villain at others. But when Sazak came along, I had a very important choice to make, and I failed. That does not mean that he forced my hand, or that I am a victim, and I accept that the only owner of my sins is me." Her expression saddened. "You can leave this place, and live as long as you care to, Cass, and delay the inevitable. But someday you will be back to account for the death and destruction you caused. Whether you have more to answer to is irrelevant, and so is whether I 'deserve' this less than you... I was ready to be held accountable the moment I decided to take my life, and that is why I almost faded away."

Mariette smiled, but she was holding back tears. "But I also hope you live forever, if that's what you really want. I can't reconcile how I feel with what I know, and so I hope you never hold yourself to the same standard that brought me here. I love you like a sister, Cass, and perhaps even more than that. But I cannot preserve myself beyond what is absolutely necessary, because I do not love or even care for myself. ...And Sazak put neither conviction in me. I- I cannot speak further of it."

Mariette's voice had been reduced to nearly a whisper, and when she had finished speaking, she put space between herself and Cassandra so that she could be alone with her thoughts and misery.

All Cassandra could do is watch Mariette put distance between the two of them, refusing to talk any more on the subject. Cassandra didn't know what to do, beyond keep following the group as they walked. She looked heartbroken, but she wasn't going to stop. Over the course of thirty Abyssal years, Mariette had become closer to her than almost anyone else. Cassandra wanted to take her with her when she escaped. But she couldn't if Mariette didn't want to leave. And it would take a lot of talk and convincing to get through to her, but Cassandra wasn't going to give up. Mariette certainly didn't give up trying to get through to her when they had been shackled together.

The group rounded the rock formation, and in the distance, they saw the vehicle they had arrived in waiting for them. "There's our ride." said Riberta. Cassandra cocked an eyebrow. "...What, exactly, might that contraption be?" she asked, to which Riberta responded. "They call it a truck, I think." said Riberta. Once they had arrived, they climbed in. Cassandra, Riberta, Mariette, and Edmond loading into the back, with Hudson and Jakob climbing into the front just as before. The plan, after looking at their map of the Abyss, was to find a train terminal to use the disk. They wouldn't dare find one here in Sazak's territory to use. Instead, they would try to find one in the Hollowlands to the north. First, however, they'd have to drive there.

And soon, Jakob fired up the engine. Gears were shifted, and soon, they were on their way. Off across the dark dirt and stone to the northwest. While sitting in the back, Cassandra found herself sitting across from Mariette. Silent, messer resting on its point on the bed of the truck with her hand on its hilt. Peering out the back of the vehicle as Venextos followed above as a raven.

The Land of Dead Kings, outside of Vucrox.

A bitterly cold wind nipped through the northland air. A gentle dusting of snow, tinged a dirty, rust-red fell upon the land, more dust than snow, and the sky itself was a sickly, somewhat pale teal. Through it, lone figure strode confidently, bundled tight in furs to keep herself warm. Snow crunched beneath each heel as she stepped forward, pressing through the unnatural conditions. Her cape flowing in the wind behind her. To her, this place felt wrong. Like something had been pulled from a primordial age, something older than her visage-- or even what she'd originated from. She couldn't quite tell whether that numbness in the tips of her fingers was the cold, or the effect that these lands had on her.

As she passed the next hill, her ultimate goal was finally in sight. A city that once put shame to all other cities, stretching across the landscape, from cliff to cliff. Yet, it had laid dormant for so long, that it had long-since passed into ruination. The outskirts of the city, with pockets of activity still scattered, was gradually falling to the earth, and its fruits. Many structures were choked and claimed by vast colonies of lichen, growing for long enough to root into the otherwise barren soil, and destabilize the foundations. Many more found themselves being collapsed, whether through active destruction, or simple natural weather. Most of the occupied spaces seemed more to be shanty towns, than occupying the very limited living space. Lying in the centre of the city, however, past the crumbled statues, ripped-up plazas, and circling carrion, was the crown jewel. A castle which stretched up to the clouds, its stone blackened and pockmarked by age and disrepair.

Not that the ruin seemed to discourage the woman, any, placing her hands on her hips. "...Ah, perhaps I may one day own a city so grand and vast." It was accompanied by a wistful sigh.

Her basking was, however, cut short, by another adventuring group that was nearby. Nearby enough, in fact, that they had spotted the woman, and were on the approach. A band of seven-strong, most of which being Greed and Prideful types, as far as she could tell. Even a juvenile fire elemental. What interested her the most, however, was a much stranger being, who she couldn't quite pinpoint as... anything, really. A monster with no motive nor purpose, hovering a foot off of the ground, and towering above everyone else that was currently present.

Whilst the rest who had weapons kept their hands rested upon them, the group's leader approached, still as cautious as the rest of his gang. Though, his walk was too graceful, and appearance too well-kept to be either Pride or Greed. An incubus, perhaps? Judging by the pointed ears and the generally lanky appearance, one that used to be an elf, too. "And who might you be?" The question roused a bemused snort from the woman.

"Ts. Isn't it supposed to be rude to approach a lady with such questions? I suppose it's better than how most of you types act around women. Mais mon fils, I'll indulge you!" For someone who was travelling alone and unprotected, she seemed awfully theatrical and blasé toward her situation. "I am Gwenaelle de Chameroux, prin...cess..." She halted herself for a moment, looking away in a moment of genuine consternation. "Or... was it queen...?" She shook her head, regaining her smirk which burned through the demon before her. "It doesn't matter. All you need to know is that I'll soon be the Empress of all Adonia, from coast to coast. And hopefully beyond!" "...Uh-huh. Your aura doesn't really give off that you'd be able to go up there. Neither does you look."

The shadow came a step or two closer, with another throaty chuckle. "Ehe~. Yet. To do that, I need two things, you see? Weapons, and a body to bypass the gates. In order to get the latter, I need the former. So." The elf swept an arm behind herself, motioning to the grand citadel that lay miles behind her. "I'm here. I seem to have a whisper of memory from before... all of this." The same arm she swept with was soon motioning to herself. "About how decadent and sprawling this city was! Not that it's seemed to fare all that well. Ah... I'm sure you didn't come here to hear an old shadow rant, did you? Come, tell me abou... mm. Frankly, I don't give a shit about you, tell me what you know of this place."

"We're-- er." The incubus looked behind himself to his comrades, then back to the shadow. They all seemed rather impatient to "...Right. This is Vucrox. Used to be a massive city-- sure you could've guessed that. But, most interesting thing is, a lot of kings'n icons got buried around here. Along with all their artifacts. So, we're here to... ahem. Liberate 'em for King Taranoch." That seemed to only garner more amusement from the elf. "Pff. I'm sure if he actually gave a shit then he'd send more than this sorry little band of whelps. I'd wager a guess to say that you used that lustful charm of yours to rope in this band of imbeciles to venture to the most dangerous territories of the north."

The statement roused a couple of grumbles from the rest of the group, whilst Gwen took another few steps closer, within a few inches of the incubus. "You're in luck, though. I think we can help each other." She lifted her hand, and waved it in a strange manner. Before that band knew what was truly going on, heavily armored figures, clad in a deep, midnight black, faces featureless save for a bright white which filled the spaces where their eyes would be, emerged from nowhere, and attacked them. Halberds and swords pierced and chopped the demons, being beheaded once they hit the ground. All that was, except for two. The monstrous one, and the incubus. The shadow's foot shot out, impacting the demon's knee with bone-shattering force, forcing him to crumple to the ground, leg bent backward. A hand reached upwards, which was then grabbed, and twisted around painfully. As the shadowy summons began to surround the monster, Gwen clenched her fist, forcing them to halt, and relax. With interest, she regarded it for a moment, before kneeling down over the former elf, boot squarely on his chest. "I can help to relieve you of this foolish quest faster than the beasts down there will. Mm, most of you, anyway. It's nothing personal, I just have an intense distaste of you... lust types." A dagger found its way out from the incubus's belt, driving into his midriff. She left him to groan, and weakly attempt to crawl over.

The shadow pushed past her entourage, looking up towards the daemon. "You, I'm very interested in, however. What are you?" The body audibly creaked, as the skull sent its gaze downward towards the shadow elf. "I AM KVASIR." The area where its throat would be vibrated as it spoke, voice low, and droning. "I AM A NATIVE OF THESE LANDS. NO LIES WERE SPOKEN OF THE CITADEL. VUCROX ONCE SHONE IN THE DARKNESS OF OUR PETTY NATURE. A MONUMENT OF CIVILISATION, IN A LAND THAT HAD NONE. THE GREAT ADRIEL PULLED US ALL OUT OF OUR PITS, TO LAY THE FOUNDATION OF A METROPOLIS. I WAS WITNESS TO EVERY OUNCE OF FLESH, AND STONE, AND BLOOD LAID DOWN FOR THIS PLACE. IT WAS ONCE A TOMB, WHERE THE GREATEST AND WISEST OF US ALL WERE BURIED. ICONS AND KINGS, HEROES AND PHILOSOPHERS." There was another creak, as its vision shifted towards the ruin. "A TOMB IT REMAINS NOW STILL. MARKING THE GRAVE OF HARMONY AND ORDER THAT WE ONCE POSSESSED. I OFFER MY... SERVICES, TO GUIDE THOSE ALONG THE ONCE GREAT PROMENADES, IN A FUTILE EFFORT TO PASS ALONG OUR KNOWLEDGE."

A rather bored shadow looked out over the landscape, rolling her eyes. "Mmh? And what does this have to do with me?" "NOTHING. YOUR KIND OFTEN WREAKS ONLY CHAOS AND MISERY. YET, YOUR DESIGNS HAVE A DIFFERENT, MORE GRAND PLAN. YOU CARE NOTHING FOR THE ABYSS, NOR ITS PEOPLE. YET, SHOULD YOU CONTROL THE MORTAL REALM, THERE IS THE CHANCE YOU MAY BRING PROSPERITY TO DISPARATE KINGDOMS, HAILING FROM A RACE OF HONOUR AND CHIVALRY." Its entire body shook, letting out a low growl whilst contemplating. "MY SERVICES ARE... AVAILABLE TO YOU, SHOULD YOU DESIRE. IN THE HOPE OF BRINGING ORDER TO SOMEWHERE, EVEN IF IT IS NOT MY OWN."

"...Well. A guide always does come in handy..."

Elsewhere...

The Shores of the Land of Envy

It had taken a little while to set everything up on the Isle of Zalmakul. Staging the beach and the inside of the volcano just so that anyone that would venture to the island would believe that Keggoth, the Icon of Greed, had sent minions to slaughter Zalmakul while Sagath was preoccupied with her sister. It was a perfect chance to strike, and so the group did. Zalmakul was slain, along with all of the cult that followed the giant creature, and Keggoth's minions left their marks all over the place.

Afterwards, Xager instructed the group to leave the island quickly and head back to the Land of Envy. Once there, she reappeared to the group to instruct them on their next destination. The Land of Gluttony. "Thorgran, the Icon of Gluttony, rules over his territory with an iron fist. Much like Taranoch himself rules over the Abyss. He demands daily food tributes to sate his hunger, and if one does not provide food for his guards to obtain, you are taken instead to be devoured by the Icon." she explained, as the group stood upon the beach. "The land of Gluttony itself is a miserable, decrepit, rotting environment. Full of farms and plantations dedicated to producing food for both Thorgran as well as parts of the Abyss. The crops that its denizens attempt to produce wither and die quickly unless constantly overseen. The crops kept in the best of health are often sent to wherever Taranoch directs, while Thorgran gets the rest of the crops in decent health. But obviously, since he's the Icon of Gluttony, he's more than willing to starve his own people because he wants everything in his domain that Taranoch hasn't laid claim to."

Xager motioned to the group. "That's where you come in." she said, with a tilt of her head. "...We're asking you to destroy Thorgran and Taranoch's prized crops using any means necessary. Then, make your way into Thorgran's palace, and kill his master chef and entire kitchen staff. That's a particularly heavy blow to Thorgran, as it will leave his food supply in disarray, as well as provide limited supplies to the forces attempting to combat Ethraeil and his army."

Vincent soon abruptly spoke up. "I'm sorry, but I have to say something." he stated, pressing his fingers into his eyes as he rubbed them for a moment. "...All we have done down here is run errands for you and Tariun. We killed a priest, we blew up some factories, we killed Sekath's taskmaster, we killed a giant fucking spider, and now you're asking us to destroy some crops and a chef? Why can't any of your people do it? Why us? We were sent down here to find Valeria, find the godly artifacts Sazak took, and try and kill Sazak. This is getting us nowhere close to those objectives. I was fine with helping you with your rebellion against Taranoch, but this is getting ridiculous. Even for me."

Xager looked to Vincent, a bit surprised by his statements. He soon continued, stepping forward to the front of the group. "Do you even have a remote idea as to where Valeria even is? You mentioned before that she was spotted in the Land of Lust. And she wasn't there. Are your scouts even reliable?" he asked, looking directly at Xager. Xager sighed. "...Personally, I believe they leave much to be desired. And I understand your frustrations with this. All of this. It genuinely looks like we're making you run around the Abyss to do our dirty work...and that basically is what you're doing. It puts the attention on you so that our forces can focus on other things. Like the war to the southeast."

"Tariun needs your help...I need your help." said Xager, looking to the others before shifting her eyes back to Vincent. "...And as for Valeria, I'm going tell you where I personally think she is. Disregard anything the scouts have said. I think she's in the Land of Dead Kings. Only outcasts, drifters, and relics of the Abyss before Adriel venture there. And Vucrox, the necropolis at the heart of it, would be the best place to hide her." She shifted her stance before continuing. "...If you do what we ask of you in the Land of Gluttony, I'll make sure you get a straight shot to the Land of Dead Kings. This will be the last task you do for us. Then, your journey here is your own. No more being lead along."

They went back to Xager who had another task for them to eliminate the Thorgran's staff. But Senya still wondered if they had plans to kill the Icon himself. As long as Thorgran is alive, that sort of tyranny will always be there. The Warden turned to Vincent as he raised his voice, demanding the location of Valeria.

"If there's a chance to slay the Icon of Gluttony, I'm looking forward to it. We can't leave him alive. But I disagree with destroying their crops. What good does it do to take away a population's food?" Senya genuinely asked. Doing this will certainly put the Land of Gluttony on a worse path to starvation, with or without the Icon running things.

While Vincent had raised a good point, Henderson found it hard to actually care. After he had slain his shadow and the whelp running after it, he had been rather content with what they were doing. He didn't care for this Valeria, nor for whatever artifacts they carried or anything else related to Sazak. The icon hadn't done anything to him. The closest thing he had done was whatever it did to Theodore, but the brute's interests didn't align with the scholar's. No there was something else for the mutant in the Abyss and it was becoming very clear. He listened to Taurin explain herself staring into the sea with his arms crossed. That last part made him scoff.

"You owe us a lot more than a straight fucking shot, lass. Vincent views these as errants, but your desperation paints another picture." He counted what the group have done so far "We struck at their commanders and send them in disarray, we crippled their supply lines, set them against each other and now you want us to leave them starving. We're winning this rebellion for you. You made this clear several times over and I'll be happy to provide my own services to help you with your goal. But I don't believe in charity. I'm owed what's mine." He looked towards Vincent "I don't give a toss about the bitch we came to rescue and I never did or those little trinkets." He calmly explained "When all this is done, you go back up there" He pointed to the 'sky' " and you tell Velin to shove it up her snatch for me. I'll be staying right here." His eyes shifted back to Taurin "And I'll be taking what I will be owed."

While Gwen was rather worn out from how much they'd had to set up-- not to mention how little she'd actually set up herself, due to her antsyness around the bug things, she folded her arms as the plan was laid out before them. She had her own reservations, however. Spurred on mostly by Senya. "Assuming this place is the breadbasket of the whole... eh. Continent, then it seems redundant that we'd have to kill his kitchen staff. Just burn the fields down, or kill the farmers and be done with it."

The elf's head tipped to one side as she looked towards Senya. "Crops can regrow, but I'm not sure that the people's contentment with the ruler can. Far as I figure, we wipe out the food, and even the soldiers'll start eyeing the royal granaries, now that their leader has nothing to keep them content with." She sounded as though she was finished, but interjected with another point. "...At least, that's how it'd be back when I'd have conducted a war. The Abyss might be different. No families they need to support, not needing to eat-- something like that."

Framing the icon of greed for this pest control job didn't sit well with Loque. Keggoth was the only icon she actually liked and actively wanted to serve unlike the others. Making her marks, arranging what's left of Zalmakul's body in a particular order, and other ways making it look like greed demons did the deed made her feel guilty. Guilty enough she wanted to voice her concerns to Xager, but ultimately didn't. Though she appeared again a little later to tell them what they'll be doing next. Loque shook her head as Xager described the land of gluttony to the rest of the group. Seems things haven't really changed much in the past 300 years, though if they did, they marginally got only worse. She'd know, after all.
"...Then, make your way into Thorgran's palace, and kill his master chef and entire kitchen staff."
Hearing this catches her attention. Her eyes snap forward to look at Xager. The burns, the scars, all the bite marks she has... they probably have them too. Anyone underneath Thorgran always gets them eventually. She looks around again at the others to see if she's alone or not on feeling awful about having to do this. After Vincent's outburst, she asks a question.

"What... You want us to kill his staff?" she asks incredulously "The same staff he's beaten to shit just for not cooking his slop the way he likes? The very same staff he tortures mercilessly for not pouring him enough wine? The very same staff he's had butchered and eaten for not adding enough sugar to his fucking cake?! I... we will not do that, Xager! For the gods sake, the abuse he's given them is already too much! And I refuse to do to them worse than what he's done already!"

"If there's a chance to slay the Icon of Gluttony, I'm looking forward to it. But we can't leave him alive. But I disagree with destroying their crops. What good does it do to take away a population's food?"

Loque nods in agreement. "She's right. Burning his crops is not a good idea. He'll just feast on anyone he has locked away under his palace!"

Senya then turned to Queen Gwenaelle, "Crops can regrow yes, but they also take time and energy. It doesn't seem like a good idea in the long term. If we're already entering the Icon's palace, we might as well figure out a plan to assassinate him by all means."

Gwen rolled her eyes at the statement. "...Of course we would. But, ah, do remember why we're doing all of this, yes? If we could've just killed the Icon, we wouldn't have burnt down that traitor whore's tower. We wouldn't have had to kill a creepy, giant fucking spider-- frankly. I don't think any of us would've bothered being strung along these quests if we could've simply assassinated an Icon. We would've just marched into Sazak's palace, and made them eat dirt."

"Listen, I'm saying is that the plan doesn't seem like a great idea for the people of that land. Loque knows the area better than anyone else in this group. If we destroy the crops and leave the Icon alive, who's to say the land will be much worse and he'll rule more harsher? I'm aware we came here to rescue Valeria and kill Sazak. But maybe this group can at least make a difference by slaying another tyrant we don't need in this world." Senya explained.

"I'm listening. You aren't." The elf was beginning to grow a mite frustrated. "My point is that we can't kill an Icon. To even entertain the notion is a futile task, and if we were to try, then we'd, at best, be rended into bite-sized pieces. At worst, we'd be hauled off to whatever infernal dungeons they have here. Thus, to even get close to his palace without knowing whether or not he's home is a dangerous endeavour."

“Thus, to even get close to his palace without knowing whether or not he's home is a dangerous endeavour."
Loque rolls her eyes in disdain.

“Ah, hello?” She half-heartedly waves at Gwen. “I know of many discreet ways to enter his home. I would know them because I worked in there!”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back