• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hunter’s Inn || The Ruins of Bal’dak

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Adolphus
Interactions: Vesh Astrophil Astrophil
Post.png

A thick, misty fog descended on the battlefield. The steel wall couldn’t see even a few meters in front of him. The brightness of his aura did nothing to dissipate the mist. He reinforced his other senses, perking up his ears and trying to identify whatever strange sounds he could notice. After a bit of time, his vision slowly cleared, but still the thick fog made it impossible for him to see anything but one thing: Vesh. The maniacal man who had drawn blood, at least two times, from the lonesome man.

There was nothing else, but the man in front of him, albeit they were quite a few meters apart. Adolphus grinned, his opponent was exactly who he was hoping for. The very visage of the man transmitted a vicious feeling, and the religious militant would have nothing else. With his shield in front of him, the started to charge towards the man. His mace, now not held high, but onto his side. His idea was to use his steel protection to hide whatever he was planning to do with the blood magician.

The metallic sounds of armor reverberated, with each step, as the trampled the battlefield. Dust being kicked off in his wake. It was surprising how fast a man of that size, and in such a heavy steel cage, could move. Years of training and preparation had led him to that very moment, and Adolphus planned to use every knowledge he had against his foe, not underestimating him for a single moment.

As he moved, adrenaline rushed throughout his veins. The inner voice goaded him
- “Crush him, as someone of such decadence deserves. Show your worth as a champion of your God” - and he headed, to the alluring voice - “Just like you did to the bandits in Alleriath” - it continued. He remembered very well the bloodbath that happened in the bandit lair near the forests of Alleriath. He didn’t leave it unscathed, but in turn, were quite a few bodies with crushed bones left behind those otherwise beautiful green scenery.

As soon as the crusader got into range of Vesh, an explosive move from his left hand, which held his shield, was attempted. He put much of his weight behind the shield bash, moving it from a downward position, to the man’s chin and right shoulder. In sequence, came his right hand, which held the fanged mace. His target was maniac’s right arm, focusing on his biceps. His goal was to both crush the bone on his arm, and render it unusable for the time being.

Last edited:
Xenophon yios Calix​

Interactions: Calixto ( Astrophil Astrophil )
Reactions: Vesh ( Astrophil Astrophil ), Adolphus ( Maxxob Maxxob )

Xenophon never took his eyes off the man with the scythe and replied to the handsome man with stoutly soft, "Unlikely." Why would he think I was allying myself with these bandits? If I opposed the handsome man, truly opposed him, I would have grabbed him by the head and slammed it to the ground. Laughter, seriously? Laughter? At a time like this? Maybe he's insane?

Xenophon's attention focuses on Vesh in alarm. This tall man's more than what he seems. More magic and this time, malevolent. If my king was here, he would be repulsed and would act accordingly. Either the purity of ice or the intensity of lightning. Maybe conjure an illusion to drive them insane? He loves his illusions and has often amused himself and others with them, but knows that they can work hideous wonders.

Xenophon's hands and feet moved to join Adolphus in striking this foe down when a fog enveloped the area. More magic? The handsome man is more than what he seems also. The minotaur stood in front of the handsome man to convince him to step back and to avoid possible splatter. He recalled a moment from his youth when he was about 13. He was in the audience at a tournament with his family. Combat in tournament was regulated to avoid serious injury. Serious for minotaurs to be exact. However, rules could be bent if both combatants agreed. Such was the match he was watching. Everyone was on the edge of their seats as sword clashed against sword. He too was caught up in the storm of the thrill. Until, pop! A head went sailing and landed in the boy's lap. What he remembered vividly were the lifeless eyes. No one thought much of it except that it was the glorious conclusion to an exciting match. The judges asked him to return the head so he climbed down from the stands and carried the head to the stretcher where the rest of the warrior's body waited. He was more embarrassed than freaked out because his tunic was bloodstained. At least he made some money from the event since the victor wanted to buy it as an heirloom. He took off the tunic in the middle of the ring and handed it to the man in return for a handful of silver coins. It helped cover the cost of a new tunic and some left over. "Thanks mister" with a bow and he retuned to his family.

In the present, Xenophon eyed the two observers warily. If they are aligned with this Vesh, would they join in? He whispered to the the handsome man, "Best stay back and let us shield you from these vultures." Wanting to refer to him as more than handsome man, "I am called Xenophon."

Last edited:
“Back. Stay. Shoo!” Stan waved his lute around in front of him like a low budget musketeer. He dropped it as the griffin suddenly pounced. “Ah!”

The Professor backed off with his arms up in a surrender gesture, not wanting to be next.

“It’s gonna ea- hahaha.” The Bard flipped from terrified to ticklish in a matter of seconds, squirming underneath the griffin’s paws. It seemed the monster was friendly… or just liked to play with its food.

Stan & Hatkins

Last edited:
╓┈♔◦☓◦☙◦♔◦☙◦☓◦♔┈╖

VeshInteractions: Adolphus Maxxob Maxxob , and Xenophon Pokeking Pokeking

╙┈♔◦☓◦☙◦♔◦☙◦☓◦♔┈╜

Vesh casts daggers of hatred in Reks' direction before focusing on his battle. He did pit him against two people. Reks is a sleazy bastard of a leader. He removes his mask, a huff leaving his shriveled and scarred lips. Eyes of frosty blue locked on his two opponents while lazily twirling his scythe. His eyes shifted between the two, "This is just grea-" Before he could snap out a response, the armored one charged at him. No, he won't be able to dodge it in time. He's going to do something that no one would be guessing. He wasn't going to run away from danger. He rushes towards it.

Vesh's arms connected with the mace, using his scythe to block the shield. His arm was damaged, yet Vesh didn't cower. This man was smiling like a mad dog. "You're a paladin of sorts, yes? A holy man fighting one of with dark matters in their blood?" His blood coats the fanged mace the man in the helm was holding. Two crazies on the battlefield, a little dance between light and dark. His blood crept it's way up the mace.

When the blood was close enough to his hand, it started coating said arm. Unseen spikes form underneath it, which begin to dig deep into the man's arm-penetrating both armor and skin. "Whoops. I got a little bit of blood on you." Vesh jumps back, his broken arm unmoving beside him. "Are you doing alright, sir?" He chuckled to himself. His blood dripped down his arm and onto the ground.​

Adolphus
Post.png

Adolphus’ assault had moderated success against the blood mage. His objective was achieved by breaking one of his arms, but not without a cost. The zealot even went for a second swing of his mace, which had missed the man completely, as jumped out of his range to safety. And then, the steel wall’s nervous system send electric shockwaves of main throughout his body, as Vesh was using his own blood as a weapon against him.

The pain he felt as the spikes formed from his blood-coated hand began penetrating his skin and muscles was simply exquisite. It had been a long time since he felt anything like that. His face winced behind his helm, his eyes contracting with the delicious feeling - “A paladin…” - his deep voice escaped from his throat and out of his steel cage. Tilting his head downwards slightly, a small quantity of blood oozed from the openings of his headgear, falling on the ground. The same happened with the small crevices of his gauntlet.

A chilling laughter soon followed, as the religious militant straightened his back and looked straight at his opponent once again - “... I suppose that is exactly what I am. Which false god do you serve?” - he asked, starting to give chase towards the sanguine manipulator. He walked with steady steps. The way his arm was being skewered only further closed his grip on his own fanged mace. His mind started to race, planning what to do with the man in front of him each time his greaves touched the ground.

“You will be a nice addition to the servants of puny deities I’ve trampled upon” - a sickening grin from ear to ear formed on his face. If only it could be seen, it certainly would be a frightening visage to some. But, somehow, there was a lingering suspicion that his foe would welcome it with open arms. Adolphus had not noticed a single sound from the man to activate his manipulation of blood, so he doubted smashing his jaw or tearing out his tongue would make any difference on his capabilities on doing so.

“BaSh HiS hEaD tO a PuLp” - the voice reverberated in his core, intensifying the pain he was feeling in his right hand. His walking turning into a charge, this time, his shield was being held squarely in front of him. As he got closer and closer, it was clear he had no intention of stopping as he was frenetically in a bulls’ charge, one to possibly rival his minotaur’s ally if he was used to doing so. If he was successful into crashing onto the man, he planned to follow up with a smashing strike aimed at his chest.

(Trait acquired: masochist :lenny: )

((I'm just going to leave Stan & The Professor 'battling' Arthy on the sidelines until the bandits have been dealt with - unless the group are desperate or roll into the bushes or something. 😅 They're safer out of the way.))

╓┈♔◦☓◦☙◦♔◦☙◦☓◦♔┈╖

ReksInteractions: Calixto and Hyra (ind.), and open

╙┈♔◦☓◦☙◦♔◦☙◦☓◦♔┈╜

Eyes of amber dull in disappointment when the mist started forming, "An illusionist." Murmured the Beastmen. Said eyes shift around the misty battlefield-keeping his eyes sharp from incoming attack. He could hear Vesh's battle not far from him. Good to know that crazy man was kicking, well, for now. When Lare died, Reks wasn't surprised, let alone side that a youngling has perished. He didn't dare shed a single tear at what happened. He has always been an impatient young man, and his restlessness is what killed him. Reks glances over his shoulders to where Basil is sitting, and his eyes light up. However, it wasn't one out of fondness. I'll talk with him later.

For right now, he needs to handle some business.

Reks yawns boredly, the lower half of his cloak moving as his tail swishes around. He could always roar to clear this fog, yet it'll ruin his fun. The pupils in his eyes were small. Narrow. The ears beneath his ear swiveled around randomly while he stood there for a few more minutes. After what feels like hours, he takes his first step where Calixto was last seen. Still in his hands was the man's arm, and he could've sworn he felt it twitch in the palm of his hands. His claws pierce the arm to hold it firm-he wouldn't dare let go of the only thing he could have to a lead. No matter how disturbing it is. His eyes were glowing while his nose twitched to locate Calixto's scent.

Something in his head told him to look down, which he did. A smile appears on his face, revealing his animalish teeth. A present was left for him. A lovely trail of blood that Calixto gifted to him. How joyous. Reks kneels beside the blood and then lowers his head to take in only the man's scent. Vesh's blood was getting too strong, giving the Beastmen a headache. Inhaling the smell of Calixto's blood, his eyes widen in surprise. "So Vesh wasn't spluttering out utter nonsense. This man is a Nephilim." How could he tell what he was? Oddly enough, each species has a unique blood scent. Calixto's was sweet, way too sweet. "We could use someone like him." Turning to the man's arm that started to move wildly under his grip, his face fell. "Fine, fine. I'll give you back to your owner. Just," moving his head to where Calixto is, "let me toy with him for a bit." Nephilims make good allies and profit. Depending on the celestial parent, they could either be a master of combat or a magister of healing. Some Nephilims are stronger than others. So, what was Calixto? Reks thinks he's a Nephilim of war, but it doesn't explain why his arm is still moving.

"Maybe I should report this to our little friend. I'm sure she has some ideas for him."​

Xenophon yios Calix​

Interactions: Reks ( Astrophil Astrophil )
Reactions: Calixto, Vesh Astrophil Astrophil )

Xenophon's eyes focused on the man with the scythe. Even as he poisoned his ally with what appeared to be blood magic, the minotaur steeled his nerves. He had never been in a situation such as this. The battles he had been in had been relegated to controlled scenarios such as sparring in the dojo.

A thousand years ago, it would have been mandated that Xenophon be a warrior whether or not he wanted. His people once lived according to a caste system. Guard or soldier or gladiator or similar occupation for someone of Calix's line. Only a guard or soldier of high rank would be expected and required to read and write. How can one send or receive written missives if one is unable to read or write? A literate gladiator was an inconceivable idea. Maybe a retired gladiator would be literate? Then again, a retired gladiator was rare. If he had found himself in the age of these ancestors, he would somehow find contentment.

Xenophon saw that Adolphus was succumbing to the insidious magics. He wanted to assist, but he viewed the scenario from his cultural lens. Adolphus would need to be incapacitated or give a sign that he was in need of aid. To intercede before would make the holy warrior lose face. He soon had other concerns.

What is a Nephilim? Some type of celestial being? Xenophon recalled a Dreeman myth about a young man called Ter who was a foundling. He could sprout wings and fly. At the end of the legend, he flies into a rift that leads to his true home and discovers he is a lost prince. His minotaur eyes peered at the tailed being and positioned his body in front of the handsome man. His nostrils flared, "You're playing a dangerous game sirrah." He made a quick thrusting motion at the tailed one with the left baton to target the ribs. The power behind the minotaur's jab would certainly guarantee pain if it connected. Maybe bruising or cracking or even fracturing the ribs depending on his opponent's durability? If the left jab connected, he would follow with a blow to the head using the right baton. If it connected, unconsciousness at least. As Enrique once told me, "Batter up."

Last edited:
“You’re not a bad bird, are you.” Stan finally realised, reaching a hand up to give the griffin a belly scratch.

The Professor must have presumed the same, as he’d returned to peering out of the bushes at the group within the mist.

“What am I missing!?” Stan called from his position under Arthagus, only to be angrily shushed by the spying scholar. “… rude.”

Stan & The Professor

╓┈♔◦☓◦☙◦♔◦☙◦☓◦♔┈╖

Calixto and ReksInteractions: Xenophon Pokeking Pokeking

╙┈♔◦☓◦☙◦♔◦☙◦☓◦♔┈╜

Approaching closer to the Nephilim, a new scent entered his nose, and he smiled ever so devilishly. "Oh? A Minotaur? What are you doing where out here away from your cattle?" The man's heavy voice called out to the minotaur-taunting the beast to rile him up. His eyes locked onto the minotaur, and steadily his eyes moved up and down to have a good look at what he was facing. He tossed Calixto's arm at them, watching the Nephilim grab it and reattach it back to his body. "These games aren't something I'm fond of, yet these kinds of games always seem to follow me." Moving his fixed arm to see if there are any issues with it, two-colored eyes lock onto the Beastmen. Standing once more and huffs, "All because I saved a damn bird. You're going to kill me over a bird!?!"

Reks huffs, "The bird isn't what I'm seeking anymore. My eyes spotted another prize for me to capture." A cold shiver ran down Calixto's spine, instantly getting at what he was trying to say.

"How about a deal?" Putting on his best face and winning grin, "I'll call off Vesh and take the Nephilim. None of you will get harmed. Worse," an eerie gloom fell to his eyes, "killed." Outstretching his arms in an attempted parley. Show that he means no harm to anyone. "If not. I'll kill you and your entire group hiding in the bushes." After saying that, his sights transitioned to the area where the bard and professor were hiding in. Reks didn't say another word while waiting for the minotaur's response. He takes another step forward, then lunges at the two. Ready to tear that minotaur to shreds and take what's rightfully his. He grabs onto his opponent's batons and squeezes them tightly. Digging his hind claws into the flesh on his stomach to both hold on and deal damage. His mouth opened, revealing his animal fangs. He was aiming for his throat.

Oh, no. Reks wasn't going to kill the minotaur yet. He wants to see what Calixto can do first before murdering anybody. "Come on, Nephilim. Show me what you can do." He says in his head. Calixto moves away from the clashing beasts, focusing on repairing the damage within his arm. "Come on! Heal, damn it!" Urgency in his voice, still his arm won't comply. It'll take hours, even days, for the arm to return to normal. His gaze moved away from the arm to the two men hashing it out in the distance. His face wrinkled in a loathing. "Are they enjoying it? I swear," he shakes his head, "I attract the weird ones."​

╓┈♔◦☓◦☙◦♔◦☙◦☓◦♔┈╖

VeshInteractions: Adolphus Maxxob Maxxob

╙┈♔◦☓◦☙◦♔◦☙◦☓◦♔┈╜

Vesh wasn't paying attention to the others fighting nearby. He has another matter to attend to, and that's the lovely zealot who was having the same amount of fun. Listening to him talk, he couldn't help but chuckle. A God? He was never a religious man, even though grown up in a strictly devoted town. His eyes moved in a circular motion-rolling them in irritation. He dives towards him again when his foe does his charge, his scythe close to coming in contact with his neck, but swiftly changes course to slice his right side. Allowing the helmeted soldier to damage him. "I have no one, blind follower." The spirit of his voice was full of hatred, but it wasn't towards him. "I only serve myself and no one else. I learned what I do by my terms."

He remembered his past, memories he tried to suppress. A cold hand touched behind his neck, and he felt a rush of malice enter his body. He should've been used to this, but every time that thing touched him-it was painful. That thing was mocking him. That thing was taunting him and showing him that it was still there. That it never left his body for years. He could hear coarse cackling in the back of his head, and Vesh wanted to yell at it to shut up. His main concern shouldn't be what's thriving inside him. It should be against the armored man he was sparring.

His blood ran hot inside his own body. His heart beats faster and faster by the second. "Thanks to them, I am suffering." Vesh jumps back, the blood from his wounds pouring out. His ichor didn't fall to the ground as it hovered around him like tendrils. It should be the best time to stop before it fully controls him. At the same time, Vesh wants to keep going with this dance. That thing begins to whisper dark ideas into his head, telling him to slice this man into ribbons and take his holy blood as his. The scythe-wielding man dashes towards him, aiming for his legs.​

Adolphus

With his second assault being more successful than the first, albeit his newly gained injury, his voice coming from his core grew louder and louder. Its volume was almost deafening, goading, pushing him forward to finish what they had started. How long it had been since he had a similar encounter like this one? Far too long. So much so that, if he had the choice, it would last for all eternity. The blood raised to his throat once again, but this time, instead of simply spitting it out, he swallowed it, raising the front part of his helmet. A pained grin could be seen on his lips, with a thin sliver of blood escaping the right corner of his mouth.

Without uttering His sacred words, the injury on his right arm started to forcefully and slowly close, crushing the spikes that had impaled his arm in the process. An unexpected boom, which hadn’t been asked for. Adolphus’ breathing became labored, inconsistent. More and more adrenaline rushed throughout his veins. The maniacal man in front of him sure was a worthy adversary, regardless of his murderous tendencies. It would be hypocritical of the armored man to say so otherwise. At that very moment, he wasn’t aware of anything else that was happening in those fields, his mind focused on only one thing.

He took in every movement made by Vesh, trying to predict which would be his next venue of attack as soon as the man created the distance between the two. It didn’t take long for the scythe-wielding man to make his next move, charging towards the crusader. His objective, due to how his weapon was aimed, appeared to be the zealot’s greaves. Putting himself into a defensive position, Adolphus waited up to the very last second before acting. Crouching, he used his shield to stop the blade before possibly cutting one, if not both, of his legs clean off. The sound of the shield being hit reverberated, with a loud ‘thunk’ and, before it could be redirected anywhere else, his mace hand moved in sequence, snaring the scythe’s blade with the fanged parts of his mace.

His teeth gritted against each other, a vicious scowl permeating his face while he put strength in what had become a close-quarter struggle, his mace hand forcing their tug to be at chest level. Oddly enough, the knight didn’t put his weight trying to push the man backwards, as to give him distance would only favor sanguine manipulator. Instead, he wanted them to fight as close to each other as possible. Lifting his left leg slightly, it swung throughout the grassy field, uprooting the small blades of grass in the process, towards Vesh’s own legs, in an attempt to trip him in the process.

Xenophon yios Calix​

Interactions: Calixto, Reks( Astrophil Astrophil )
Reactions: Adolphus, ( Maxxob Maxxob )

Was this what warriors on the battlefield felt? Xenophon's blood cells danced in his veins with exuberance. His people in Aldebaran did not go seek challenge on the battlefield but they were ever watchful as their province provided a buffer between Dreema and the Empire of Retsuji, a land of reclusive and xenophobic people. They honed their craft of battle in anticipation of the day when they would be called to do their duty. The minotaurs would zealously safeguard the rest of the kingdom with their lives. They owed a life debt to the House of Jecong which could never be fully repaid. Laying down their lives would been seen as just compensation. For two hundred years they watched and listened while they went through their drills.

Xenophon steeled himself against his foe's slur. He took them for what they were. It's a ruse to get me riled up. His eyes darted between clearly foe and probably ally. A bird? Sounds like a farce. Hardly anything to take a life over. He wasn't sure what "another prize" meant, but knew that it wasn't anything pleasing. Xenophon shook his head, "Regretfully, I doubt that you would follow through with your proposal even if I agree. You reek of dishonor." Besides, we've seen too much.

Xenophon's hands were occupied so he couldn't signal Stan and the others to flee. He barely winced as the claws pierced his flesh. His clothing and fur bore the brunt of the attack. He summoned his strength and was able to pry the two halves of the baxtrix loose, "No grabbing. You aren't my type." With a lock, the two were made one. Both hands were positioned on the staff. Adolphus has the right idea. Xenophon swung the lower part of the staff to trip up the tailed aggressor. How much longer will these people vex us?

((I just wanted to mention that Fain is still sitting on the sidelines, watching everything go down -- but because it seems like Calixto, Adolphus, and Xenophon have it covered for now, she won't spring into action unless something goes seriously wrong.))

╓┈♔◦☓◦☙◦♔◦☙◦☓◦♔┈╖

The Three Bandits, Arthagus, and CalixtoMentions: Everyone Present
Adolphus Maxxob Maxxob Stan and Professor Genii Genii Fain soulofeden soulofeden Xenophon Pokeking Pokeking

╙┈♔◦☓◦☙◦♔◦☙◦☓◦♔┈╜

(time to wrap this up)

Reks was enjoying this, and he wasn't afraid to hide his toothy smile. "You're a durable one, ain't you?" He spat, his growl rumbling his words. Suddenly, the minotaur's weapons combined into one and was ready to trip him. Reks only smiles, allowing the tripping to happen and he fell flat on his back. A breath of air left his lungs. Before he could say anything else, a spear was thrown beside his head. Making him shut up for a split second, "Listen. I only killed that one as he would've been a pain in my ass. I'm in no mood to kill again, but I won't hesitate on doing so." Calixto tried to sound threatening, but his honeyed voice made it hard to take him seriously. Reks got onto his four legs, locking eyes with Calixto. He doesn't want to end the hunt, but he has someone to meet. "Fine. We'll leave you be. For now." Standing on his hind legs before turning and running in a random direction. Letting out aroar for the remaining two to follow. Calixto watches him leave, waiting until the other battle was quiet before making the mist go away.

----

Vesh was impressed when he managed to take the scythe from his hands, and his smile returned to his face. He was ready for that blow, but the tendrils of blood gripped the mace when it was close to his legs. He huffs in disappointment, eyeing his moving blood with disdain. "You love ruining my fun." He hissed at the blood, and his weapon on the ground faded away. His eyes turn to the paladin, jumping back, and was ready to fight him again. Only for Reks' roar to shatter his eardrums, with Vesh snarling in response. "Damn him!" Glaring at the direction where the roar was coming from before turning his head to face his former foe, "If we see each other again. I'll happily spar with you." He too vanishes in the mist, grabbing Basil, who's been picking flowers all this time by the hood. Vesh disappears into the woodlands while dragging his companion after him.

---

With the mist clearing up rather quickly, Calixto sighs and rubs the back of his neck with his working arm. His eyes of two examine the minotaur's condition, and he approaches the beastmen without fear. "Thanks for keeping me safe. Here, let me repay you." Cal's hand touched the minotaur's arm, with the palm of his hand illuminating a gold color that slowly starts to cover the minotaur. The other's wounds started to heal, not to mention, replenish what energy that left of him during the battle. "My name is Calixto. I appreciate you and your companions for assisting me during troubling times." He takes a few steps back, letting out a sharp whistle to call something. "It's safe now, Arthy. You may come out."

---

Snuggling with a man, his tail happily thumping against the ground. Arthagus seems pleased with the man's petting skills, releasing a few coos of joy during the whole interaction. The moment was ruined when he heard Calixto whistle and call him, which made him drop what he was doing to meet up with his friend. With the two side by side again, Calixto was shocked to see that Arthagus grew in size and his face shows it well. "Since when did you hit a growth spurt?" He wasn't upset, just impressed and jealous of how easily Arthy changed his height. His fingers stroke his soft feathers, a smile on his face, "At least you're safe. That's all that mattered to me." Calixto turns to the paladin, raising both of his well-trimmed brows, "Are you hurt too?"​

Adolphus
Interactions: Calixto Astrophil Astrophil / Xenophon Pokeking Pokeking

The zealot kept his silence as the blood manipulator bid adieu to their fight, due to his superior’s order, and left the battlefield. The man clearly knew his way to vanish, as he was gone in a blink of an eye, a technique in which Adolphus had no training in, but it should be something to learn. You never know when you are going to need to retreat. It all felt almost like a dream, on how quick it ended, but the sharp pain in his right side was proof that his sparring with the unknown assailant did, indeed, take place.

As the fog dissipated from the field, the armored giant turned to see how his allies had fared: in the distance, he saw the taurine warrior, closer to the man which the bandits, or better said murderers, wanted to hunt. His eyes kept scanning for his other allies and only successfully found them when the gryphon left his hiding place and ran back to its comrade. Were they hiding this whole time?

With his arm fully healed, the man attached his mace once again to his belt. Another unexpected boom started to take place, as the wound at his side began to heal and close. However, due to its aggressive closure, it sent a shockwave of pain throughout the man’s body. Was his god trying to make him ready for combat as soon as possible? It should be the case, as it wouldn’t take long for him to be in one piece again - “I was hurt… but it will be over in a moment or so” - he answered Calixto’s question with a curious phrasing.

While his face didn’t show it, low metallic groans left his free hand as the steel parts of his gauntlet forced them against each other, due to how strong was the man closing his fist to endure the pain he was feeling at that moment - “Is everything alright with both of you?” - he asked both the man and Xenophon, as the crusader wanted to be sure his party was in shape to carry onto the quest.

Xenophon yios Calix​

Interactions: Calixto, Reks( Astrophil Astrophil ), Adolphus ( Maxxob Maxxob ), Hatkins ( Genii Genii )
Reactions: Arthagus ( Astrophil Astrophil ), Stan ( Genii Genii ), Fain ( soulofeden soulofeden )

(ooc: cue battle victory music.)

Xenophon didn't respond to Reks comment about durability. It'd be unsound of me to reply. He was successful in felling his opponent but before he could follow up with a blow to the head, a spear flew by him. He felt it cleave the wind as it passed by his head. The furry one said that they would leave their party alone temporarily. He sighed in disappointment. I have no doubt. His eyes tracked the bandits as they fled, his eyes never blinking.

He saw the man with the scythe similarly retreat and take the third surviving bandit with him. That one had been picking flowers. Why? It was such an unexpected activity given what was happening. Xenophon had heard the mysterious man approach. The man had touched his light brown hide and felt a tingling sensation throughout his body and he felt a vigor. Stop that Xen. Yes, he's handsome but you two just met. It took him a moment to realize that it wasn't his fancies that were giving him these feelings even though he had obviously seen the man's palm having an ethereal glow as it obviously magically healed the scratches that Reks had inflicted. "Thank you." His tunic still testified to the damage however. So his name is Calixto? His expression was returning to normal and quickly turned to one of amusement and he left out a short chortle, "Sorry. It's just that my clan name is Calix. I find the coincidence fascinating. My name is Xenophon. I said my name earlier, but I'm saying it again because of the melee."

Xenophon replied to his armored comrade, "This man here, Calixto, patched up the clawed one's handiwork and I feel restored. Tunic has some tears so I'll need to buy a replacement when we return. It's still mostly intact so I'll keep it on. Regrettably, the enemy still lives. I am not as violent as my distant kin, but I was looking forward to silencing their wickedness." He clenches his hands together as if strangling.

Xenophon takes his staff back into his hand and had wondered what had become of the others which seemed to have been occupied by the griffin. He had never seen one before, but knew what it was. He did not dwell on the animal because he had an apology to make. He stood in front of the Professor, "I am sorry for leaving your side. I could not leave this man to die."

Last edited:
Stan
Professor Hatkins

“Don’t worry, I’ll help myself up.” Stan said as the Professor left him to rejoin the others. The Bard got to his feet and dusted himself down, making sure to pick up his muddy lute before he followed suit.

The Professor shook his head as Xenophon tried to apologise. “If I were even half as courageous and strapping as you fellows, I would have done the same.”

“Who were those men?” Stan asked the stranger, never afraid to poke his nose in, for it might lead to an interesting tale or two. “What did they want?”

Last edited:

• mood

alert, relieved, cautious

FAIN

the chameleon

As the fog around the battlefield cleared, Fain was surprised to see the assailants retreat, but relieved nonetheless that there wasn't any critical bloodshed. While she wasn't a stranger to combat, she preferred to stay out of it unless it was absolutely necessary -- but, perhaps that doesn't look so good to my traveling companions, Fain thought to herself grimly. Perhaps they thought her cowardly that she hadn't stepped in, but they looked more than capable of handling the three opponents they faced -- and Fain knew that she would have leapt into battle the moment she felt she was needed as backup.

She approached Calixto, Adolphus, and Xenophon at the same time that the Professor and Stan seemed to emerge from the bushes with the shockingly large griffin.
"How do you all fare? I have a couple of minor healing potions if the situation deems it necessary."
Fain was wary of the creature, but because he didn't seem vicious around the others, she didn't draw any weapons against it -- she merely kept her distance and instead turned her attention to the newfound ally.
"I second the question,"
Fain spoke up after Stan asked about the identity of the assailants.
"And, more importantly, what is the reason they were chasing you? Should we be expecting their return? It will be difficult to watch our backs while we simultaneously carry out this mission past the Wall."

♡coded by uxie♡

Stan & Professor Hatkins

The Professor kept looking to the heavens as the group chatted, most likely concerned about the time. He had no desire to be north of the wall after sundown.

“Wasn’t he missing an arm at one point?” Stan’s nose wrinkled in confusion as he pointed at Calixto’s (newly reattached) arm. Maybe he’d imagined it? A trick of the fog?

Xenophon yios Calix​

Interactions: Hatkins ( Genii Genii ), Fain ( soulofeden soulofeden )
Mentions: Adolphus ( Maxxob Maxxob )
Reactions: Stan ( Genii Genii )

Xenophon tilted his head to acknowledge Hatkins's comment. He was again reminded of his own Maestro. Ovid yios Baeligni was a scholar first and then a doctor. However, his wild youth was etched clearly on his face. He always felt the need to prove himself. He was Baeligni, a clan of thinkers. Although the caste system had been abolished for centuries, many still clung to old thoughts. Baeligni are not warriors. He was always getting into trouble and picking fights. Eventually, he chose the wrong fight outside a tavern. His rival spat at him and left him alone to bleed in the dank in an alley. He nearly lost his sight due to the injury and infection. A healer found him and took him to his home. There, the healer dipped gauze in a type of paste and warped his face to cover his eyes completely with it. For two weeks, he was blind while his eyes healed. He greeted a new day with renewed clarity. He never forgot his past and always wore a sheathed dagger on a belt around his waist. It had come in use a few times over the years and he was often seen in the dojo practicing his knife skills.

Xenophon turned to Fain and said, "I am well thanks to this man Calixto. He has an magic ability to heal. Adolphus seems to be healing also. I think that we should ration healing." Although he shared the concerns of Stan and Fain, he elected to keep watch for the bandits in case they decided to make a sudden reappearance. His eyes then tracked the Professor's towards the sky. His soft stout voice, "This would not make a ideal camp. We should get going soon."

Last edited:
Adolphus
Interactions: Fain soulofeden soulofeden , Xenophon Pokeking Pokeking

The pain he was feeling during his recovery had finally come to an end. A breath of relief escaped his lips. Looking at his own belt, he saw his flask, in which Barry had filled with a drink that would help them in the mission ahead. Considering for a moment, surely just a small swig of it, just to wet his whistle, wouldn't be much of a problem. With the recipient in hand, he opened it and brought it to his lips. A small, controlled swig soon follow it. Oh, how he needed it. The feeling of the liquid passing through his throat almost made him change his mind and drink the lot of it. Still, he kept his moderation, quickly attaching the flask back onto his belt - "I am alright now, but thanks Fain. I agree with Xenophon, we better ration it for a possible emergency" - he agreed with his taurine colleague.

When he hurried the group, the nodded it. They were losing precious daylight, and who knows how dangerous those fields would be during the night. And, while the zealot didn't shy from a fight, he was far from being suicidal.

╓┈♔◦☓◦☙◦♔◦☙◦☓◦♔┈╖

Calixto and ArthagusInteractions: Stan and Professor Genii Genii , Adolphus Maxxob Maxxob Fain soulofeden soulofeden , and Xenophon Pokeking Pokeking

╙┈♔◦☓◦☙◦♔◦☙◦☓◦♔┈╜

Calixto's eyes shift between the strangers, with caution sinking deep into his bones. His biggest mistake was giving his name out in the air too easily-this group could always turn him in whenever they please. However, a voice in his head reassured him otherwise. As if letting him know that these folk won't do such a thing. If Calixto was in the other perspective-it would've been entirely different. Yes, he would've turned the person in for a reward of any kind, with his most preferred choice of gold, or better jewelry. His eyes shuffle to the side, a content hum in his throat while they barged him with questions. Time to answer them and not worry them, which would be a difficult task for the Nephilim. When the armored man asked if everything was alright, Calixto's eyes lit up, and he blinked a few times. "I'm quite fine, thanks for asking. Although," eyeing his formerly missing arm, "I would've liked that my arm didn't get ripped off. But hey," he shrugs his shoulders, "everyone wants a piece of me." Making a small joke about the failed trade offer still sickened him. A singular eyebrow raised at his internal question. If they were to accept the deal, how much would he be worth? Was he that extravert for someone to kill someone else just to have him? Heh, it makes him want to blush, to add on, maybe turn himself in for the prize.

"Calix? A stunning name for such a beautiful creature." He smiled after hearing a name nearly similar to his, "Aren't we a match made in heaven?" Teasing the minotaur with a mischievous gleam in his two-colored hues. Normally. Calixto targets humans with his flirty banter, but the minotaur is an expectation. He did save him after all from those two men, and he did notice that the other was picking flowers. Calixto chuckles, thinking of a joke about the third. "That third one should be named Slayer of Flowers." Muttering to himself, staring at the spot where he was last seen. When the woman questions why they're chasing him, he pokes the griffin in the chest, and Arthagus appears offended by such an unexpected gesture. "This guy. I met him yesterday last night." Should he tell them the full story or cut to the chase? "To make this brief, I found the griffin when it was a small thing in a tight cage and freed it. I guess they were trying to sell it, but in some places, it's illegal since they find these kinds of beasts sacred." He pauses the story when he feels a beak nibble on his hand and turns his attention to the griffin for a second. "Mind waiting after I tell our story?" Arthagus clicks its beak twice to reply to him, and Calixto snorts.

Calixto faces the white-haired maiden, "I guessed that they were trying to sell it to someone secretly as they tried to do in the dark. In other words, I robbed the robbers." A new title has arrived: Calixto, Robber of Robbers. It rings nicely on his tongue. He might earn a name for himself in the future and hopes they'll be good ones. When the proclaimed professor mentioned something about his arm, Calixto smiled and waved the arm. "You mean this one? Yes, but I reattached it. My healing abilities aren't limited to flesh wounds like cuts and punctures. I can reattach limbs, as well. For it to work, it needs to be recently removed and not damaged terribly. To add," he massages his arm that he attached, "it'll be a bit before you can use it properly. So right now, my arm cannot wield any weapons." His gaze shifted back to Calix when he talked about a camping situation, and Calixto smiled ever so flirtatiously. "You spoke the words of wisdom, Lixy." Already giving the minotaur a new name, with Arthagus giving Calixto a face that radiates disappointment.​

Last edited:
Stan
Professor Hatkins

“Agreed. Let us continue.” The Professor said to Xenophon. “We can report all of this to the proper authorities on our return.” Not that the city guards would do anything, but at the very least, they might put up a warning notice about the bandits.

“That’s handy. What about your head? Can you stick that back on again too?” Stan continued to chat to Calixo.

Hatkins found his bearings and began to push his way back through the forest vegetation, towards the imposing, yet fractured wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back