• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hunters Inn || Find Fifi

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Urzoth was getting attached. It was good that the woman snatched him when she did, otherwise they might have developed motherly feelings. Or well, Akela might. The formal tribesmother was like that. Taking up young pups and turning them into killers. Really a dog that size surviving as long as it evidently did, must be smart.

Nothing more than a few scratches on him, no long-term harm.” They assumed. Maybe Morgana’s experiments would include if the animals were the same after the Leshen’s control. It recognized this house, which was good enough for Urzoth. “Keep him from licking at them too much and they’ll heal up fine Milady. The smart guy might already know that.” She smirked, with her fangs visible, at the doorman, enjoying his…discomfort.

Morgana watched the whole affair with the woman and her dog with complete disaffection. In Morgana's mind, no one could love a pet as much as she could.
She gave Pestle practical immortality through unlife. Did all the dirty work, evil magic and alchemic study to make it happen...while this Longbottom woman hadn't even gone out to the forest to look for Fifi herself.

“Scratches?” Lady Longbottom lifted the little dog to check the damage. “Oh, you must have been so scared… all alone in those horrid woods.”

“Wasn’t entirely alone. Made friends with a Leshen.” Callan commented, although from their patron’s expression they clearly didn’t know what a Leshen was.

Callan cleared his throat and continued, “So… about that quest reward?”

Lady Longbottom gave the Siren and his companions a huffy look, but nodded. “Very well. Jeeves, see that they get what was promised.” The portly woman in pink turned on her heels and barged past her butler to get back inside. She didn’t even thank the group.

Jeeves muttered to himself as he handed over the quest reward to Callan - something about “… hoped it was gone for good”. The Butler may have been the last person to see Fifi… when he accidentally lost the dog in the woods.

“Cheers.” Callan grumbled after the door was promptly slammed shut and they were left alone. He tossed the measly bag of gold over to Tobias.

"That woman doesn't deserve what she has in Fifi." Morgana grumbled. She contemplated following the butler into the woods one day, he clearly lost the dog on purpose.

"Anyone who wants my share can have it." Said Morgana, she smiled down at the bag containing the Leshen head. "I have what I wanted out of this quest. Besides that, my coffers are quite full as is."

Urzoth huffed. “No exceptions,” they said, quoting the contract. Beryl was a wise woman, she’d likely put protections they couldn’t see on that vow. “If you want to donate it later, fine, but we’ll follow the guild rules.

“They are, are they?” Callan smiled as Morgan’s let slip that she wasn’t lacking in the gold department. “Drinks on you tonight then.” He teased.

“We’ll divvy it up back at the Inn.” The Siren suggested before looking back at Lady Longbottom’s door. “Why don’t you lot head back… I’ve got somethin’ I need ter do first.”

I can keep you company.” Urzoth said, taking the opportunity as it came. They needed to talk. There was mother henning, and then there was losing your head. What was it about Tobias that threw Callan so off?

Tobias was heading off with the others, examining the coins with a childish glee as he admired the shining gleam.

What Callan was thinking about doing wasn’t exactly legal and he didn’t want witnesses.

He turned back to Urzoth and began to follow the two rookies at a distance. “… on second thought… best make sure these two don’t get mugged or somethin’.”

((oops I forgot to check back))

Morgana scoffed good heartedly at Callan's comment about drinks. "You wish. All my money is for research. Immortality doesn't come cheap."
She followed behind Tobias towards the inn.

Urzoth glared at Callan, grabbing his hand to pull him to their level. “Have your fun, but we’re talking later.” They let him go immediately, not waiting for a response, and started rolling away, following Tobias. “Hannah can probably help with research. Anything for the guild’ll be welcome. Maybe you can ease that resurrection part.

“Immortality? Couldn’t imagine anything worse.” Callan muttered to himself before Urzoth gave his hand a tug.

The Siren looked confused and a tad concerned as Urzoth asked to talk with him later. He was a pessimist, so automatically assumed it was something bad.

He watched the half-orc wheel after the rookies for a moment, then resumed his secret side-quest.

Tobias seemed cuirious on Morgana's work, "sooooo do you make potions or talisman thinys with ur...uhh resech?" It all sounded rather complicated to him...and how'd that creepy critters head elp?

"Yes. Potions... talismans...poisons." Morgana affirmed Tobias' inquiry. "Once I determine the magicks the creatures possess, I can mix them with other ingredients to make a lot of things."

Morgana pondered her answer for a moment as they walked. "I'd have to say..." She gestured to her gorgon eye, the red iris roving around madly "Discovering that I could transplant monster parts into a different body was absolutely game changing."

How long did it take you to be comfortable seeing multiple directions at once?” Urzoth could do that with their summons, seeing out each others' eyes, but too much, like in a fight, could cause major headaches still.

Last edited:
How long did it take you to be comfortable seeing multiple directions at once?” Urzoth could do that with her summons, seeing out each of their eyes, but too much, like in a fight, could cause major headaches still.
Morgana pointed to her eye as it roved around. "Oh this? I do that on purpose. If I focus on making eye contact I could accidentally paralyze someone. Technically I'm blind on this side unless I focus it with severe intention."

Urzoth snorted, "Thank you for that, I'm already paralyzed enough as it is." It was strange to the half-orc that Morgana would willingly blind herself on one side though. It seemed like an unnecessary disability. They vowed to approach from that side as much as possible. To test her awareness, to know how much she compensated for it.

Morgana laughed, looking upwards "It's insane I know...but my body is a canvas to improve. It's a little sacrifice to pay for when I reach immortality. Once I'm there, I can change whatever I feel like without physical repercussion. The possibilities are unlimited."
As she spoke, her voice wavered dreamily. If there ever was a truer mad alchemist...they had yet to show themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back