• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Hunter X Hunter (Do Not Be Deterred By Fandom Tag)

NoviceOfRoleplay

One Thousand Club
(Do not need background knowledge, better experience if you know nothing other than what I show you). This roleplay will be Detailed. This roleplay has a light, unique, battle system that gives a new level of freedom, has a GM that doesn't care about you, a roleplay that will be a new experience as you your OC fights to be a Hunter.

What's So Special About Being A Hunter? The roleplay takes place in a world that beasts, ninjas, and knights side by side with modern technology and clothing. Planes, boats, and trains are common travel, with eccentrics choosing things such as birds or airships. World leaders are at peace sue to the great influence of The Hunter Orginazation. The Hunter Organization is made up of people who demostrated incredible ability. Hunters can hunt anything, as the first rule of being a Hunter is to hunt something. There are many types of Hunters. Due to their contribution to humanity, world leaders grant all Hunters extraordinary benefits: free public transportation, free education of all levels, offered jobs from goverments that have a high payout, can legally kill, and many more benefits (that don't include the benefits of being high on the social ladder). Being a Hunter, is the biggest lottery one can win. That is why potential Hunters have to go through the Hunter Exam to prove they can handle such a title, held once a year...If you are curious, bere is a list of the types of Hunters.

°Archeological Hunters - They hunt ruins and ways to revive ancient civilizations.

°Beast Hunters - They hunt undiscovered species to study and preserve.

°Blacklist Hunters - They hunt criminals in that are blacklisted by governments or The Hunter Organization.

°Botanical Hunters - They hunt precious plants.

°Contract Hunters - They hunt by what a corporation contracts them to hunt.

°Crime Hunters - They hunt for answers to mysterious cases in the crime world.

°Deep Sea Hunters - They hunt for animals or treasures in the sea.

°Gourmet Hunters - They hunt for rare ingredients and recipes. They are seen as weak Hunters by the public.

°Hacker Hunters - They hunt for dealings or crimes on the internet.

°Head Hunters - They hunt for new talents in varying fields to mentor.

°Information Hunters - They hunt for any information that could be called rare.

°Jackpot Hunters - They hunt for rich individuals to make deals with.

°Lost Hunters - They hunt for those who have lost contact with goverments and The Hunter Organization. This type has attracted many conspiracy theorist.

°Music Hunters - They hunt for rare pieces of music.

°Paleograph Hunters - They hunt for lost languages and ways to translate them.

°Poison Hunters - They hunt for poisons and their pharmaceutical use.

°Poacher Hunters - They hunt for poachers and preserve species.

°Temp Hunters - They are contracted jobs by the government for a standard fee, looked down upon by many Hunters in The Hunter Organization.

°Terrorist Hunters - They hunt for terrorist and ways to prevent them.

°Treasure Hunters - They hunt for valuable minerals or weapons. They are praised by many Hunters for acting as the first Hunters were.

°Virus Hunters - They hunt for viruses and corresponding cures.

°Youth and Beauty Hunters - They hunt for ways to conserve youth. Recently, these Hunters have been taking over poltics to fight for conservative policies.
The GM

This roleplay is about befriending or beytrayal. This is no sissy everyone's OC gonna smile roleplay, permadeath right off the bat. And no jumping conclusions, you know when characters jump to conclusions, nope not here. NPCs won't be jumping conclusions either. People get things wrong and never find out, bringing this element into the roleplay keeps things interesting. My goal is to keep things interesting. If it looks like your character is going to die, he gonna probably die. You think you can take on someone 20 levels above, go on try, won't save you if you die, though you make it out alive I'll have sympathy...Choose carefully who ya OC is near is the last I got to say.
GM

This Battle System?

The battle system is simple and allows for creativity. The stats of the system is Base HP, Base Attack, Base Defense, Base Speed. The system utilizes the environment, unlike other RPs, though not in the way you may think. When battling you can break chunks of a location to do more damage, swinging from objects can increase movement, cornering someone part of calculations. Your position on the field is vital, making the RP feel like a turn-based strategy game, unlike a straight up turn-based feel of other Dice RPs. Each battle will be give have a grid posted by GM to use.

The focus on movement and location isn't the only defining part of the system. Unique Attacks are attacks that have Costs that permanently reduce select Base Stats...You can gain these Uniuqe Attacks (and Abilites, believe I didn't mention that yet) by interacting with characters, plot progression, character leveling up, or buying Technique Guides.

The roleplay would start with your OC in the Final Phase of the Hunter Exam. They've gotten up after their first rest in 7 days, in an airship with that injects apple scent in the air conditioner. The dawn stares at starboard of the airship. An intercom tells all participants to gather to the windows of their rooms. In the distance, another airship carries the Group B of the Exam. Group A and Group B will soon join and become Group C, starting the challenge of the Final Phase.

Who wants to realize a their character's dream to become a Hunter for family, glory, money, or something more?

Last edited by a moderator:
Could do with more detail about the setting or point - I don't know Hunter X Hunter, for example. Do you only want people familiar with it? What are hunters hunting for? The title would imply other hunters are the target, but do they in fact hunt criminals, or animals, or monsters? Is it set in the real world, or a fantasy world?

Also, you could stand to elaborate on the system you intend to use. What's there is very vague - is it dice + mods? Is it dicepools? d10s or d100s?

Furthermore, use of the environment is well established in other systems (see: 7th Sea, Exalted, Chronicles of Darkness, Apocalypse World, FATE - pretty much anything developed after 2006).

Grey said:
Could do with more detail about the setting or point - I don't know Hunter X Hunter, for example. Do you only want people familiar with it? What are hunters hunting for? The title would imply other hunters are the target, but do they in fact hunt criminals, or animals, or monsters? Is it set in the real world, or a fantasy world?
Also, you could stand to elaborate on the system you intend to use. What's there is very vague - is it dice + mods? Is it dicepools? d10s or d100s?

Furthermore, use of the environment is well established in other systems (see: 7th Sea, Exalted, Chronicles of Darkness, Apocalypse World, FATE - pretty much anything developed after 2006).
It's bit of both for a good amont of those answers. Hunters, can pretty much hunt just about anything really From rare animals to monsters, to treasure to video games even Food or Cuisine I believe (Criminals too, it's more or less you choose something and try to make a name for yourself). It is more toward a modern world though seeing as there are places with mythical beasts and monsters that roam around the areas it could be considered partially fantasy setting as well (Although in the first arc it may look a little behind modern time). Along with the 'Chi' manipulation element that happens in later arcs.

The Final Phase of the Hunters exam if I remember correctly took place on a small island a stone building or testing ground and a basic fighting tournament began. In order to receive the Hunter's license one would have to win, three rounds I believe, you were not allowed to kill or you'd be disqualified. Matches were over by surrender or the opponent deemed unable to fight or move. All on a stone tile flooring.

Grey said:

@Thane Korino

Yes, I'll answer your questions Grey shortly when I have access to more time.

Korino may confuse you about the Hunter Exam, sorry, though he is right about Hunters are split into classes based on what they hunt. This roleplay does not use canon protagonist and will not need any backgrou d knowledge. I will update the first post to show a deeper description, as Grey pointed out to me.

I'd definitely be interested in this. I've never watched any of the anime but this whole idea you've got going seems pretty awesome. Is it already up or is it still being worked on?

[QUOTE="Dairekor Unwalath]I'd definitely be interested in this. I've never watched any of the anime but this whole idea you've got going seems pretty awesome. Is it already up or is it still being worked on?

[/QUOTE]
In truth, I plan to have a light battle system, as in as little rolling as possible as many attacks have little to no rolling. The roleplay is still being worked on, even leaning to a diceless system, since I worry that the dice community will reject a light system.

Or, merely adopting system to combine with Fate.

[QUOTE="Dairekor Unwalath]I like the idea of making it very Tacticle with the movement and environment in play like that

[/QUOTE]
Thank you, you will be the dirst to know of its opening. Right now, I'm busy creating custom art for the roleplay and hope to gather 5 to 4 players.

interested. Also, how many people will be passing the exam and will there be a plot after the exam?

Bunny said:
interested. Also, how many people will be passing the exam and will there be a plot after the exam?
The exam will pass 3 to 2 players. Yes, I have an that deals with political upheavals in The Hunter Organization, as Hunters are turning a more conservative leaf. Then a 3rd arc that marks the return of one calling himself the First Hunter. Of course, I have to see if such an RP can handle a small arc like the Exam.

[QUOTE="Dairekor Unwalath]So 4 to 5 players join but 3 pass the exam?

[/QUOTE]
Yes, there will be 4 to 5 players, while only 3 OCs will pass the exam. That doesn't mean the the losing OCs are out of the roleplay; they just don't get to be Hunters at the end of the first arc or might've died.

The GM is merciless.

RP should be up tommorow, here is a little taste of how the character sheets look.

Hunter Examinee #300

Me and my friends will show the world the beauty of a sea of chaos.
Diablo L. Morose

hunter_association_logo__scalable_vector__by_epicblargman-d6se8de.png

Diablo L. Morose

Nickname(s): The Lord of the Pirates, The 300th

Character Trait: Whimsical

Personality:

Appearance Description:

Habits/Hobbies:

Goal:

Why Is This Your Character's Goal:

Bio
Diablo started at the age of 5 as a pirate. He went on a vast amount adventures with a smile as he was able to enjoy the sea. Till the age of 15, Diablo was content with the sea's beauty alone; people still don't understand what set him off, some say the need for glory, a captain who was to commanding, or repressed memories in childhood. October 17, 78 AH, he explained, what sent him on a bloody path, at a speech to the captured merchant city Nakama.

"I am tired of these theories that psychologist make for their books or politics use as a way to gain support. The reason for bloody heads of children, for a blacklisted Hunters to be dropped at families, for a monopoly on pirates is because it got too docile on my captain's ship. So, I just went and killed him. The captain was hard to kill, but I loved every minute of it. The rush from a successful kill is un-describable. Then, I realized I couldn't be greedy; I must share it with dear ones to my heart. Me and my friends bath in this joy fighting, why don't any of you join me."

A little boy in Nakama rose and stood in the middle of the dirt road, ready to appease the pirate with a battle. The pirates appeared in front of the boy and praised him. It is presumed that the little boy died with the rest of the Blood Sea City, the renamed Nakama, population.

Diablo L. Morose has gained the notorious name "Lord of the Pirates". He has been on the international blacklist for 3 months; however, Diablo has made an agreement with The Hunter Organization, to pass the Hunter Exam in exchange for select allies in prison and to be off the blacklist for one year.
Stats

HP: 1,700

Base Strength: 80

Base Defense: 100

Base Speed: 30

Weapon

N/A

Unique Attacks

"The Lord's Malicious Intent": The users stares at target with one of the greatest intent to kill known to man.

Side Effect: The target is paralyzed for the rest of the battle.

Range: 100

Cost: Base Defense - All.

I'm setting up the character tutorial now, should be started soon. Here is a semi-completed character sheet displaying one of your fellow Examinees.

Hunter Examinee #300

Me and my friends will show the world the beauty of a sea of chaos.
Diablo L. Morose

diablomorose-png.284290

Diablo L. Morose

Nickname(s): The Lord of the Pirates, The 300th

Character Trait: Whimsical

Personality: ???

Appearance Description: Diablo's authority comes with a defining build. He stands at whopping 6'9". His black shirt contours to a bulky upper body and a purple captain's coat. The captain's coat does have intriguing design, the classic shoulder pads of course, inside is has a repeating cross-bone pattern stitched into it. He wears black jeans held up by a rope belt, five inches wide. He likes to wear the huge coat over his shoulders. His black boots have relatively thin tongue and no visible shoe laces. His black hair is cut short and, with his black eyes, hidden under a straw hat.

Habits/Hobbies:???

Goal:???

Why Is This The Character's Goal:???

Bio
Diablo started at the age of 5 as a pirate. He went on a vast amount adventures with a smile as he was able to enjoy the sea. Till the age of 15, Diablo was content with the sea's beauty alone; people still don't understand what set him off, some say the need for glory, a captain who was to commanding, or repressed memories in childhood. October 17, 78 AH, he explained, what sent him on a bloody path, at a speech to the captured merchant city Nakama.

"I am tired of these theories that psychologist make for their books or politics use as a way to gain support. The reason for bloody heads of children, for a blacklisted Hunters to be dropped at families, for a monopoly on pirates is because it got too docile on my captain's ship. So, I just went and killed him. The captain was hard to kill, but I loved every minute of it. The rush from a successful kill is un-describable. Then, I realized I couldn't be greedy; I must share it with dear ones to my heart. Me and my friends bath in this joy fighting, why don't any of you join me."

A little boy in Nakama rose and stood in the middle of the dirt road, ready to appease the pirate with a battle. The pirates appeared in front of the boy and praised him. It is presumed that the little boy died with the rest of the Blood Sea City, the renamed Nakama, population.

Diablo L. Morose has gained the notorious name "Lord of the Pirates". He has been on the international blacklist for 3 months; however, Diablo has made an agreement with The Hunter Organization, to pass the Hunter Exam in exchange for select allies in prison and to be off the blacklist for one year.
Stats

HP: 1,700

Base Strength: 80

Base Defense: 100

Base Speed: 30

Weapon

None
Abilities

"Mastery Over the Sea": The user is unaffected by electric attacks and cannot by paralyzed by electricity.

Unique Attacks

"The Lord's Malicious Intent": The users stares at target with one of the greatest intent to kill known to man.

Side Effect: The target is paralyzed for the rest of the battle.

Range: 10

Radius:10

Unique Attack Strength:: 0

Cost: Base Defense - All.

"???": ???

Side Effect: ???

Range: ???

Radius:

Unique Attack Strength:
???

Cost: ???

@NoviceOfRoleplay[/URL] Coolio. This should be fun. It's like I'm actually gonna take the Hunter Exams.
Bunny said:
Grey said:

All who are interested...

The roleplay sign-ups are open. Hunter x Hunter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back