Experiences How many Pages?

Murdergurl

will turn your insides into your outsides
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
So out of curiosity, how many pages back do any of y'all go when searching for an RP? I know the front page is the contested hot spot that everyone vies for. But when nothing on there catches your eye, how many pages back will you go before you quit looking? At what point do you stop the search?

Depending on the day, my needs and how specific what I'm hoping to find is, I'll look through 2-3, 7 or 15 pages.

I also want to point out, I think the first page is really overrated. It's important for visibility, don't get me wrong, but many of my interest checks really pick only a good amount of time after they fall from the first page, I usually get my partners when my interest check is about on 4th page for 1x1s.

Depending on the day, my needs and how specific what I'm hoping to find is, I'll look through 2-3, 7 or 15 pages.

I also want to point out, I think the first page is really overrated. It's important for visibility, don't get me wrong, but many of my interest checks really pick only a good amount of time after they fall from the first page, I usually get my partners when my interest check is about on 4th page for 1x1s.
I imagine the 1x1 section probably has a wider point of activity than group RPs, yes? That's usually the case on these kind of sites

I don’t go by the amount of pages. I look at anything that was active in the last 48 hours.

I don't count pages, but check threads that were posted or bumped over the past week or two at least. If I'm looking for something very specific like a fandom, I could go up to a month back. More than that usually not worth it because if a thread was not bumped a single time gor over a month it's likely the person is not that interested anymore.

I make use of the filter function. Narrow down what genre and tags I want, order it by when the thread was created (i prefer being in new RPs instead of joining existing), and then give myself a range between 1-2 months to search through.

What do you mean by "wider point of activity"?
I mean that the 1x1 RPs usually have higher volume, and thus the active searches take up more pages. At least, that's been the constant in my own experience.

I don’t go by the amount of pages. I look at anything that was active in the last 48 hours.
That's pretty reasonable.

I don't count pages, but check threads that were posted or bumped over the past week or two at least. If I'm looking for something very specific like a fandom, I could go up to a month back. More than that usually not worth it because if a thread was not bumped a single time gor over a month it's likely the person is not that interested anymore.
A month? Damn. I tend to lose interest if nothing is moving in about a week or so. lol

I make use of the filter function. Narrow down what genre and tags I want, order it by when the thread was created (i prefer being in new RPs instead of joining existing), and then give myself a range between 1-2 months to search through.
That's... even more out of my range. Honestly, you guys should let ppl delete their old threads. Would cut down on the clutter of stuff that is dead. I know I already have one or two that need deleting.

I mean that the 1x1 RPs usually have higher volume, and thus the active searches take up more pages. At least, that's been the constant in my own experience.

That's pretty reasonable.

A month? Damn. I tend to lose interest if nothing is moving in about a week or so. lol

That's... even more out of my range. Honestly, you guys should let ppl delete their old threads. Would cut down on the clutter of stuff that is dead. I know I already have one or two that need deleting.
yeah, that's usually the norm. So because of that, there are more pages filled with active requests

If I'm actively looking, about 6-7 pages. If I'm just checking it out to see what's happening, 1-2 pages. If I'm looking for something specific and rare I will use the search.

I usually just reach 4-5 pages during casual looking for group roleplay and maybe a couple more for 1x1, but mainly for groups I check for roleplays that don't have too much replies yet (so it's easier for me to catch up). If it's for interest check I look for roleplays that not too many people have expressed interest in--or at least, ones where the GM hasn't posted the CS yet haha. I rarely search for specific roleplays because they never pop up when I want them to, so in general I usually just find ones that really pique my interest or suits my OC. Otherwise I just make my own.

I can go 1-2 months back in my search too, and if those roleplays have sparked my interest I make sure with the GM first that the roleplay is still open or active. Chances are the rolepaly isn't dead yet, but everyone's just been too busy to reply so the roleplay pace is just paused by itself. However, everyone are also still in touch with each other via a discord group or something, and maintaining their interest in the roleplay enough so they can jump back whenever they can. A new addition might as well flop things up again too, so I usually won't lose hope for roleplays a month or two back. :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back