Other How long have you ever had a crush?

I just recently had my first crush, and it lasted about five months? I got over him when I realized I liked an idealized version of him, not who he actually was. Some feelings are still lingering, though...

I had a crush on one of my best friends starting in first grade (I later realized). After hitting some rocky roads in fifth grade with our friendship, I realized I still loved him.

Come seventh grade, I wake up one day and realize, "Wait." I didn't actually like him that way anymore.

Now he's like a brother to me. Anyone who threatens him has to go through me. He is seriously like the kindest person in the entire world and he always knows how to make me feel better. I love him more than most, but only platonically.

He's made me a better person just by being my friend. I couldn't ask for more. :)

Vague said:
I just recently had my first crush, and it lasted about five months? I got over him when I realized I liked an idealized version of him, not who he actually was. Some feelings are still lingering, though...
This is pretty much what happened with me. Love is a roller coaster-it has its ups and downs. For me, it's hard to be the guy because I am way too nervous to express my true feelings for someone, especially someone who I want to date. The reason I say it's difficult is because usually the guys initiate. I just want to wait, but at the same time, waiting will only make things worse. So I'm caught in the middle. What do I do? Is she taken? All of these things run through my head and just tugs me away from saying anything.

For me, crushes suck.

Three years for me. I still find the guy (who has since graduated) pretty cute despite being in a relationship with someone else. Whoops.

Oh god, does it make me an awful person to say that I don't really crush on people.. but people crush on me? I don't really take much interest in anyone around me for some reason, but I always have people either telling me they have a crush on me or I get texts from my friends about people they know who are crushing on me. I only end up crushing for maximum a month if I do have a crush, but I have the courage to ask people out without anything going wrong.

gosh this sounded really snobby

4 years ;-;

and the year after i got over him, he started to like me. .-.

Hmmmm, longest crush......It would have to be this girl I met over a MMO, She had a boyfriend, I never told her how I felt. That lasted a year.

The longest crush I ever had was two years long. We spent literally every day together. He'd stay over at my house, we'd go to the park, we'd write stories together, always attached at the hip. It was all one sided, expect one day he did tell me that we'd make a great couple. ( he never wanted to date me though...) After sometime he and a friend of his moved away and I've barely heard from him since.  Sometimes I wonder if it's actually love and not a crush? Because every once in a while I'll think about him and how he's doing, or I'll have a dream that I wake up from and my heart aches and I miss him so much. Weird huh?

Life goes on though. 

I've got this wonderful tendency to "fall" for people, place them on a pedestal and do everything I can for them, not realizing that my behavior, which I perceive as loving and as positive as I can be, is really creepy. I give them everything and because of how I get I end up chasing them away, or there have been a few instances in which I've been used long term by certain individuals.

The worst part of all of this is that because of the feelings I've had for them, no matter what they do to me, I feel stuck on them. I've been crushing on this girl who was my best friend for the last 10 years, another girl from church I've known for literally my whole life. I just get this way and I can't help but to go back and think what my life would have been like if I had just stepped up and had the courage to tell them how I felt with my words instead of my overbearing actions.

About 3 years... we ended up dating and he was a horrible human being, but I was too blinded by my love for him to give up on him. Guy literally told me he'd hog-tie me and throw me in the back of his truck if I tried to leave, and somehow I was still totally okay with being with him (I guess the threat was empty if I had no intention of leaving though? Lol.) 

Fun fact: we actually got engaged, and for his "bachelor party" he wanted to watch my bachelorette party with shotguns and kill any male strippers. 

He was a fun guy.

(Don't be like me, children.)

I've had a crush on this girl for maybe a year and a half. She has a boyfriend but of course I had a crush on her before she had a boyfriend. Plus I hate the guy. Her best friend knows I like her but she doesn't care, she just wants me to get with a girl who I am okay friends with. Also maybe A year or two ago I had a crush on a girl who my best friend had a crush on so that was awkward.

Crush, I couldn't remember. Actual relationship on the other hand, four years.  Maybe it's been too long since I just crushed on anyone...

In high school I had a crush on someone from sophomore year to senior year so about 3 years. I was pretty obvious I liked him and while he thought I was a good friend he didn't want to date me. The first and last time I cried over a boy so far. In reality I think I was more in love with the idea of love and having a boyfriend at the time. 

hhhmmm...... I think my longest crush lasted about a year and a half.... I don't talk to the person I had a crush on anymore though, cause they turned out to be a dick

3 years, and going. Started at the end of sophomore year. We became best friends Junior-Senior year. Would have asked her out at Prom/Graduation, had flowers and everything, but a wild boyfriend suddenly appeared, and crapped on that idea. I moved town shortly after due to college. We stayed in contact. She moved out of town just this year, and is now living in a small town 4 hours away from the city I live in. We still talk via text. I might head over and say hi one of these days. Who knows. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My longest crush was for about 2 years I think? I was their friend first but then shit happened... I never got to say anything because I didn't want to interrupt their relationship plus they didn't look at me the way I looked at them.

Once way back when I was like seven or something. Surprisingly, it had been on a pretty blonde girl. I remember one time I had been walking behind her in line and noticed that her white shirt was kind of see-through - or so I thought because I could see that she had a white training bra on underneath. I was a pretty self-analyzing kind of kid. So when I noticed that I was attracted to her, I wondered why, and then I wondered what that meant, and then my brain just kind of turned in and around itself for a bit until I made myself realize that I wasn't even actually attracted to her. lmao 

I have....um, this is so awkward, but here goes, I have never actually dated anyone, but I have liked one person for about two? three? years....

2 days... was in middle school at the time. Maybe it would have been longer, had I not discovered her true nature.

23 years old now, and since then I never had a crush on someone, or fallen in love... I find myself incapable of doing so, for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back