Other How long have you ever had a crush?

My worst was 3 years. Always been a little anti-social so when teenage nerd Ursus latched onto a gal, it was awkward for everyone involved. You end up putting them on a pedestal and falling in 'love' with your mental picture of them. Its unhealthy and I can't discourage it enough.

Whoops.

Uh. Do anime characters count? If not, then the longest was a few months in the real world. If anime, my longest would be Gin Ichimaru who I've been crushing on for the past year or two.

I crushed on someone I met online for about... 3 years maybe a little longer? it was really childish and unhealthy because the person and myself would talk maybe a few times a week through skype, and promises were made and never kept. It was just no bueno...

My longest crush lasted 4 years, I ended up dating him and it didn't turn out well.

Dating my crush has always ended up badly, but also kinda worth it because of the things I learned from it. Which goes to show that it's not the end of the world if you're turned down because it might not have worked out anyways, but at same time you shouldn't be afraid to put yourself out there because you can learn things that you might not have learned otherwise.

I still hold a crush for a couple people I knew in High School, both of them I saw as very pretty and nice people, but being the recluse I was back then I never made that move, though one of them jestingly suggested, back in Year 7, that I was attracted to them. Naturally, I was flustered and denied it, but I got to Year 11 realizing "God damn it, I was and still am attracted!" while at the same time being attracted to another person. Both of them I talked to in Year 11 as I had grown in confidence and as a person at that point and occasionally talk to them on Facebook.

I'm a little surprised I still like the idea of going out with either of them, though at the same time, as they got older they got nicer in looks and personality than ever before. I may never say it to them however and it, well, kinda makes me sad. I by no means stalk them, hell no, I'd off myself before committing to such a heinous lifestyle, but I regret not saying anything and I still do.

(#ConfessionTime? xD )

Well, the longest I've ever had a crush is 1+ year (I say plus because I still have said crush on the person). Lucky for me after the first four months I managed to ask him out and we've now been dating for over a year which is pretty rad.

Oh damn.. Crushes. My love stories never end well, neither do they start well. Like, I could fill a page of my stories. If I tried. But my longest crush had to be for about 2 or 3 years. Not trying to reveal any names but her name was 'Precious'. Not gonna lie, true. But.. After she left the school I was going at, kinda fell off track. Really sad.

But than I went to my school's soccer ball game and found her... She gained some weight. Not saying anything bad, but I was informed about it. SO by 'found', I meant told... xD

Well I'm a good deal older than most on the site. If the age group of my RPs are any indication. Since Dec, 2000 so about 15 and a half years. Yeah kids, you don't always get wiser as you age. We've been together on and off during that time, but I will always love her. We were wild children though so it probably wouldn't have worked out if we married young. I have some hope for the future though. We've both calmed down and are starting to look at having a serious relationship. Good thing is there has never been bad blood between us. We were always buddies first, then lovers. I think an old friend who has accepted you for almost two decades has a shot. I've been getting a vibe from her, and she must be pretty damn obvious for a big thicky bo bo like me to take the hint. Plus we wouldn't have to deal with all that nervous crap. My parents love her, hers love me. Dating and marrying her would be more like coming home rather than exploring a new house, as terrible as that metaphor is.

About four years. It started awkwardly and ended terribly, but it was a fun ride. Really extroverted, social person which I'm a bit envious of/attracted to, haha. Unfortunately she just couldn't settle down in regard to...well, a lot of things, and I ended up breaking up with her. Only one I can ever claimed to have loved, other people just haven't clicked with me the same.

Learned a lot about myself from the experience and got slightly better about interacting with people so there's always that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Inritz said:
Well I'm a good deal older than most on the site. If the age group of my RPs are any indication. Since Dec, 2000 so about 15 and a half years. Yeah kids, you don't always get wiser as you age. We've been together on and off during that time, but I will always love her. We were wild children though so it probably wouldn't have worked out if we married young. I have some hope for the future though. We've both calmed down and are starting to look at having a serious relationship. Good thing is there has never been bad blood between us. We were always buddies first, then lovers. I think an old friend who has accepted you for almost two decades has a shot. I've been getting a vibe from her, and she must be pretty damn obvious for a big thicky bo bo like me to take the hint. Plus we wouldn't have to deal with all that nervous crap. My parents love her, hers love me. Dating and marrying her would be more like coming home rather than exploring a new house, as terrible as that metaphor is.
I've had a crush for nine years, and she knows it. x~X I feel ya man.

When I was 18 I went to a local showing of The Rocky Horror Picture Show. While I was there I instantly fel head-over-heels for the guy that was playing Riff Raff, but after the show i found out he was taken. A few months later I ended up joining the cast and performing with them, becoming friends with him. We weren't close friends or anything it was more of a in passing "Hey!" kind of friendship. I still had this huge crush on him and it gave me butterflies just looking at him. But i never pursued my feeling because he was taken. About after a year and a half after I crushed on him we had a Cast outing and he came without the girl he was dating. Word of mouth told me they were broken up. I was happy because she was a hoe anyway...but I also felt bad because he was heartbroken. Later that day he kissed me. We've been together about two years and he proposed this last Christmas. We're getting married in Spring.

Good story @AshleyTheNarwhal At least some of us have happier experiences with one sided love that turned to mutual love. As a romantic old man I love to hear stories like that. Sadly my above story has a lot of broken hearts in it that I left out. Not because of my love for the girl, but the girls I chose. I would be with one, but she was not prepared to deal with an injured ex-soldier. She was far too young. I was her first boyfriend. She actively campaigned for me not to seek treatment. I had to let her go to get better. A sad tale. However you learn things when you're as single for as long as I've been. People come and go, but there are those that stay in your life no matter what. Those are the ones you need. One of my closest friends is an ex. I promised her that I would never abandon her, and I've kept that promise even as we drifted apart romantically. I absolutely adore her fiancee. Not just cause he got her away from her abusive ex, something that I was unable to do, but because he is an all around awesome guy. Not everyone is meant for everyone. He is far better suited for her than I ever was and he sees that I'm no threat so we became good friends too. He threw me my last birthday party all by himself if you'll believe that. All roads lead to somewhere and I know that at the very least I've racked up a bunch of good karma.

Coming up on two years, I met her through Instagram funny enough. I'm from the U.S. and she's from Australia so meeting up is a big thing. Not so sure if it'll amount to that just yet but y'know.

Last edited by a moderator:
4 years. It was awful. I don't even see how anymore he is not attractive and turned out to be gay anyways. He dropped out and got into drugs. I pretty much avoid him like the plague when I see him around because he goes "Hey remember how you used to have a crush on me?!" Yes, I remember dude. I regret it every time I look at you and know I once followed you around like a lost puppy following your every word. You said you weren't interested and I was determined to change your mind. Turns out you weren't even interested in my sex! -smacks face- well now I know.

*takes a heavy sigh*

3 years.

Turns out I was too slow to make any moves. Every time I saw her, I wanted to be with her. Every. Time. Which equated to every day. I thought about her, even through summer and vacations.

I never dated her. I'm glad I didn't.

I told her that I liked her freshman year of high school. Turned to be a trainwreck. She told me that she wasn't interested in me. I walked away, depressed, hands in my pocket, earbuds in. Everything felt like it was in slow motion. It got to the point of suicide.

I stayed alive through summer. The next year (sophomore year) when school was back in session, I saw her walking through the hall, HAND IN HAND, with one of my friends.

Bitch please, why didn't you tell me you were in a relationship beforehand?!

^That's why I said I was glad that I didn't start a relationship-what else would she have hidden, what secrets, what anything. That's my story.

tCoro said:
Coming up on two years, I met her through Instagram funny enough. I'm from the U.S. and she's from Australia so meeting up is a big thing. Not so sure if it'll amount to that just yet but y'know.
I had a terrible experience following almost the same sorta thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back