Advice/Help How do you organize and manage your RP Discord groups?

Charles Cheese

Qualified Cheese Consumer
Roleplay Type(s)
To clarify; I'm not looking for a tutorial, but to open a dialogue on how everyone else manages their RP discord group and if anybody has tips or tricks to share. Or what you've learned as a player in a lot of RP discord groups.

Optional questions, things like this:
1. What kind of channels do you usually have?
2. What channels do you think every RP Discord should have? For fun or necessity.
3. What have you noticed works and doesn't work in managing a RP discord group?
4. Do you have certain bots to help?
5. How often do you notify players and what for?
6. What do you think every RP discord manager should do?
7. When your RPs are made for cooperative planning(i.e. your characters know each other already or all players get to worldbuild), how do you make that planning process in discord easy and fun?

IMG_1611.jpeg
I do folders and these tabs along the sides
IMG_1612.png

There are so many ways. The above is a great way to organize things. Now, are you talking the discord channel itself? Just remember less is more!

For some context, our RP has been going for a while now. I think we're on 16 months? The server has expanded so there's a lot going on, but you can see the groupings and get ideas for channels.

We have a metric shit ton of channels for a reason, as time passed people had questions about lore and wanted new channels made, so I added more over time. It wasn't like this in the beginning.

Screenshot_20240112_095935_Discord.jpg
Screenshot_20240112_095946_Discord.jpg
Screenshot_20240112_095952_Discord.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back