how do i make a fandom great

Leo Radomir

Seven Thousand Club
but i never seem to get the right words to entice people even if i have good pics can some one help me with this

Trust me, I've tried. If the one I made wasn't enticing, I'm not sure what will be. I hate to be a downer, but people only flood to what is popular and familiar when it comes to this stuff.

Well a good place to start is just a general description of what the fandom is.

Then depending on what story line your going with you elaborate on the specific parts of the fandom that are relevant to the roleplay.

To use an example - Fandom : The Others by Anne Bishop

- Overview : a world where supernatural creatures called "Earth Natives" are the top of the food chain and humans are nothing more than clever meat.

- Plot : man kind has declared war on the Earth Natives and faces total extinction. On an island out to sea only a single special girl - A Prophet - can save her people.

- Descriptions :

- - Earth Native - is one of the first born of the Earth. They come in many different forms and appearances

- - - Shifters - they are giant beasts that can take a human form if they wish, they act as the buffer between humans and Elders

- - - Sanguinati - natural form is a kind of parasitic mist, they take primarily a human form and with the Shifters act as buffers between the humans and Elders

- - -  Elders - have no form a human can understand, they are living embodiment of the earth. think like an Ocean or a Mountain.

- - - Prophet - a girl that can see visions via cutting herself.

I gave you a basic overview of the fandom as well as some descriptions of the main aspects relevant to the plot.

Keep it simple and only explain what people need to know. Don't go too indepth unless people ask as you'll confuse the causal observer.

If it's especially obscure, or whatever, 

Pull the plot and characters, and post it as something relatively unrelated to the fandom. (I've done it a couple times with relative success)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back