How confident are you in your writing abilities?

So, how confident do you feel you are?

• Very.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Moderately.

• It varies.

• Only a little.

• My writing makes me want to curl up into a fetal position and weep for hours.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
I'm confident enough that I'll let anyone read anything I write and don't shy away from criticisms since I'm far harsher on my work than anyone else has so far been.

As for building confidence, the praise of others is always nice, doubly so if its not just politeness. Although my personal go to: once a project is complete and edited to the best of my ability I set it aside for a minimum of 6 months and work on something else in the meantime. When I return to do the next edits I see the flaws and if I can see flaws that surely means I've made progress. Progress is good.

It varries really.

As a hobby and something done in my free time, moderately so.

Academically, HELL NO. Every time I turn in a paper, I want to die inside. 

When I write, I beg people to read it, because i'm proud of my writing ability, and my wording choice.

When i'm forced to write in school, I write my worst on accident

Confident enough I'll let people on the internet read it. (Though still occasionally get anxious)

Enough of an anxious geek that I pretty well refuse to let anyone I know irl read my stuff. 

And I look back on my old works often enough to realize what a cringe fest it was. Or how few truly original ideas I had. 

(Read Harry Potter? Let's write a story about some wizard school!!

Read eragon? Dragon riders abound!!! 

Lol)

Im comfortable with my writing in most cases (sometimes, I just bleh post out to push through the rp). Funny how that turned out to be though, since my English mark back in highschool sucked and essay writing were (and still are) dreadful. I enjoy the fun of putting words to my imagination and in rps I don't really have to worry about intros, conclusion, and the 3 or X number of paragraph in between.

Grammar and spelling are important still and I have grammerly on my computer (on Mobile atm, so no grammar correction or red spelling squiggles). I paragraph when I think it is needed. English is a confusing language, to be honest, and I try to learn the right rules and refresh my old leasons, but man, the internet doesn't make it easy sometimes. 

I have no idea what technique. What does that mean? 

I kinda would like someone to go over my rps and give me a pointer to improve. Not grammar or spelling wise, but other stuffs like is there imagery? Or do i have a sense of emotions in my post? Is the pace ok? So far, I never got a review like that. 

Pretty confident my only weakness really is description like of a room, or a person.

I have a similar issue like spin above me, i don't normally feel very confident in describing rooms and people.

But i have been told that my writing has gotten people to tear up 

My confidence depends on what I am writing.

I am not very confident when it comes to writing essays, or academic papers (unless it is about math/astronomy then I am very confident in my work).

But, I have always been rather confident when writing my fantasy stories. Such as the novel I am working on now. I am also very confident when it comes to world building.

I never edit my writing, until after I post, so I would say I'm either confident, or lazy.

It completely varies. I have had a few that I had a lot confidence in my skill. Then I have the few that I nearly want to crawl up in a corner and cry with a tub of Ben&Jerry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back