• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Homestuck Roleplay: Sburb Omega

Here's a reference for time zones:

Kat (Vancouver): GMT -7:00

Ryan (Phoenix): GMT -7:00

Crocia (Florida): GMT -4:00

James (Newfoundland): GMT -3:30

Athena (Athens): GMT +2:00

Ambrosius (Agios Nikolaos): GMT +2:00

How did I read so many things wrong. Damn.

Ambrosius: #5900B3 hypnagogicDepredation

Ambrosius_zpswfnm17zd.png
Athena: #0080FF glaukopisGlaux

Athena_zpsmgy64qwz.png
Crocia: #336600 lurkingVariable

Crocia_zpsmnsavejx.png
James: #00B3B3 craetorCenturion

James_zpskd5mjzms.png
Katherine: #00FF00 epochalHarbinger

Katherine_zpschkeflmd.png
Ryan: #FFE135 arrantTachyon

Ryan_zpsclb0o63h.png

This is a handy thing to keep around. I feel like this is something to be perpetuated, but I'm not sure if quoting it every page is appropriate.

Put it in the Overview. That, and I can add classpects later. Just for reference.

This forum is originally meant to have a certain amount of members as to avoid uncontrollable amounts of people overcrowding and slightly tainting the overall level of quantity as well as quality in everyone's posts. This I believe you're aware of considering I've seen your previous post but was unable to reply at the time. Normally I wouldn't give you a chance due to the fact that it invites more people to join, and additionally it seems very difficult for you to find a place considering we're full and I don't want an uneven number again since we've already begun.

But.....

If you're willing to give me a reference which shows what your posts look like on average, I'll be willing to discuss it with other members of the forum so we can decide if we can allow one more member based upon its quality. Do you have any previous forums which I can look for to see some of your posts/work?

Or just post a little something in this thread, there's no need to make it more confusing.

The brooding archagent of Derse, Jack Noir, sat grudgingly around his dull, gentlemanly office in a slump on his bending wheeled office chair as he conducted the routine asinine paperwork that seemed to just be vomited upon his desk on a daily basis by people he didn't generally give a rat's carapace about. Parking citations, overdue fees, and several other reports regarding mindless legal jargon were stacked higher than he could hope to deal with over the course of a single lousy working day. It was days like this that made him wonder why people were so thick headed that they had to even go and pull the cockamamie horse excrement that put the paperwork on the desk in the first place.

His revelation was less than shocking; this was stupid, that Queen and her damned game of chess were stupid, and most of all, the Courtyard Droll was stupid. What was he even doing anyway, some kind of jig? What was he so chipper about? Stupid dancing idiot, always bugging and fussing and waving his flamboyant hat around like a pompous sack of outrageously hyperactive puppies. Jack would take it upon himself to dump said sack of puppies in a river, but then again, the Droll was literally adorable. He would let it slide. For now.

Jack soon received an incoming transmission from the Draconian Dignitary. "You sure we don't wanna ice 'em while they're just right here sleeping, boss? I mean, it's like Christmas up in here. Sleeping future dead kids ripe for the stabbing."

"I already told yas, they could possibly help us out if they're not complete dimwits. I wanna kill 'em as much as the next hateful carapacian, but just trust me on this one, hold off for a sec."

"Whatever you say, boss. Over."

This is so stupid, Jack thought to himself. When were those kids going to wake up? He was going to need some extra muscle that he would try to trick into helping him usurp the throne. It would be a matter of time before he could be the star. It would be him!

---------

My Jack tryout

Last edited by a moderator:
Some cents in case it helps in decision making

Pros of PC Jack:

• Inadvertent powergaming begone.

Granted, it's technically not "powergaming" if it's to NPCs, (more like godmoding, but far from blatant) but if every enemy was a player character, then we wouldn't be so quick to mow them down, make them flounder about, etc. In other words, I find that in any RP with combat, RPers have a bad habit of making things go the way they imagine it against NPCs, regardless of whether it's the most likely thing for every character in the situation to do or not.

[QUOTE="Elision of Ecritures]
===> James: Let the Tiger Feel the Wrath of your Blade
===> Just Strife

You agree to the simple action of a seemingly tired alter ego within your voice as you poise at the Tiger. Stopping dead in your tracks as the Tiger stops additionally, then, in a quick flurry of white and black it pounces forward towards you, its white sharp set of teethe barred as you lean in and then go for a horizontal slash. It's body flinching slightly it avoided a head on collision at the cost of a slice across its flank as it turn back, fangs barred as you then pounce in reply.

[/QUOTE]
I don't think of Tigers as that cautious nor able to recognize a blade. In my opinion the Tiger would most likely just get a deep gouge in its side as it ripped James' face to shreds and/or ripped his throat out. But hey, just my opinion. Maybe James' grandmother tortured it enough to make it avoid strikes but still hungry enough to fight someone.

• Continuity

Because of the nature of NPCs, (always being where any character who wants to interact with them is) it could make things make more sense. Unlike the Kings/Queens who stick to their castle until the war, the midnight crew goes all around the place. In this manner I'd also vote for Orihara taking control of the entire midnight crew if we're gonna hand her Jack, for clerical purposes if nothing else. This of course comes with the condition that she doesn't hijack the RP. (There are so many ways to do this and so many gray areas I can't even give a good example)

• A realization of threats

I don't think there are any non-player enemies that actively seek you out besides the midnight crew. (and random encounter mooks) If no one controls them actively, we are inadvertently weakening the threats of the game.

• More player-player interaction

What's an RP without interaction?

Cons of a PC Jack:

• An exaggeration of threats

If a player controls Jack, Jack will almost certainly end up more important than he would be otherwise. While in the troll's session Jack isn't too important, a player-controlled Jack would much rather be the menace that the human session's Jack was. (Seriously how can you not) This is all (?) well and good since Jack going for the ring is probably universal to all sessions, but I think he's much more likely to be not only successful, but a much more active threat than an NPC Jack.

• A break in tone

This is 99% because Jack isn't an sburb player. Jack RPing (apparently) doesn't use commands and honestly I like him better that way. It distinguishes him. Still, he'll be different from the other PCs posts either way, and that's both jarring and doesn't matter at all.

• Jack behaving differently

A result of RPing an established character rather than an original one, it's possible to RP them wrong. What happens then, if Jack develops into an evil genius by accident? (instead of someone who stabs first and asks questions later) We would be a bit too far in to retcon it by the time such planning would come to fruition, and if we just pretend everything didn't happen, why would Jack have behaved the way he did before? This con is, in essence, pure paranoia, which my minecraft server has taught me is a very valid reason to exercise caution.

Of course there's probably less at stake and you seem a pretty capable Jack so... as I said, pure paranoia.

C: I'd be grateful having Jack, but if I was allowed the midnight crew that'd be cool too. I wouldn't try to be too much of a hotshot for you guys and take over your game o: that would just be rude! I plan to play a sensible villainous role and just that. No power play~ however, a villain is a villain is a villain, so I wouldn't be a pushover either. Well you guys' opinion is what matters~ (also don't think I won't try to stab, even if just as a friendly hello!)

Would we have the Midnight Crew in our Session? I have my doubts more or less due to the OC centric nature of our Rp but that remains aside the point. I believe that We do need a villainous rolr to have in our roleplay, one which can challenge our Session and really let us have fun with what were doing. Not necessarily am I saying we should allow it to get REALLY out of control, but rather I think that's just the way the cookie crumbles in sessions like these. I trust Orihara from her use of Jack Noir in her submission.

I'll be granting you access to the use of Jack Noir the Character for this sessions and possibly others while additionally I'll allow you to play one other NPC such as a Sprite for the time being until we all are able to meet Jack fully.

As for the Tiger, it remains to be clarified if it was Modified of not do its behavior is a natural result of being trained to attack and Strife accordingly. Who can say.

Besides, the Tiger was mainly a plot device or tool used to exhibit James strifing ability as a Prince dealt with character development as he killed a damn Tiger and now has multiple emotions mixed as a result.

Yeah, Tiger is a mook anyway. Not like it's even worth scrutiny.

Every session has a midnight crew. (But only Caliborn's session and places Caliborn goes to have the felt, and they are under the names Jack Noir, Draconian Dignitary, Courtyard Droll and Hegemonic Brute) While none of them play any important roles besides Jack Noir usually, they are there nonetheless there.

The Courtyard Droll is Mayor-tier. The only tier above Mayor tier is Viceroy Bubbles Von Salamancer tier.

latest

Ah, I always believed that the Midnight Crew was the specific post apocalyptic set of Exiled that fought against the felt in the remains of Alternia from A2 session.

Well not exactly. I intend to use its corpse and the Great Fairy statue as the two prototypes for James' Sprite. She'll be beautiful and he'll have closure as a result of reviving it and talking things over.

I think also getting closure over killing the Tiger will additionally help in the process of him finally awakening as a Derse dreamer

The actual Midnight Crew are unique to the trolls' session. However yeah every session contains the same four Derse agents. (sorry if I sound dumb and you already know this lol)

No worries, there's a lot of confusions sureoudning multiple aspects of the comics and the game in general for many people including myself. What you can give to inform me of anyone else is appreciated nonetheless.

Ohh, ok cool. So yeah it's the same four agents but changed their names post-exile. If you might recall Karkat's crash bandicoot analogy, every new session spawns the same set of characters every time, but the way each session is played causes the experience to differ between the separate entities.

▒█▀▀▀█ ▀▀█▀▀ ▒█▀▀█ ▀█▀ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▀▀▀ █

░▀▀▀▄▄ ░▒█░░ ▒█▄▄▀ ▒█░ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▀▀▀ ▀

▒█▄▄▄█ ░▒█░░ ▒█░▒█ ▄█▄ ▒█░░░ ▒█▄▄▄ ▄

Ryan's guardian possesses 10 strife specibi in total, including Sackkind. He'll only ever use 7 against Ryan though.

You know what I realized? The fact that Bro was so capable of matching effectively against Jack before his Bec prototyping was probably because he was a pre scartch Dirk, and Prince's have been known to be very AMAZING at combat, even inherently before they enter the medium. Such as Dirk in B1 or Eridan from A2.

We get it, Prince is a cool class. With a powerhouse like Crocia around though I'm pretty sure everyone's classpect is blown out of the water by her indirect mind control powers.

I wasn't really talking about how cool MY character's classpect was (Even though it is pretty damn awesome), I was just talking about it because I remembered Dirk from all your reference to Dirk and Dave before entering the medium.

Wait, what color is Crocia's blood?

It's purple, (Eridan-color) but I was referring to her future/potential powers as a Witch of Heart.

Hmmm.....do you really think she'd be able to control people? Probably. Maybe she'd be able to augment their emotions and help people's problems so they all can access their god tiers more effectively.

...Or she could abuse them to enforce any shipping layout she so pleased, or turn all 5 of us into her collective harem.

Witch of Heart powers have a lot of abuse potential. Doubt it'll reach such extremes, but I'm frankly more worried about Crocia's potential for mischief than anything SBURB has to offer barring maybe denizens.

Not really. In reality Crocias abilities as a Witch of Heart is rivaled by multiple power houses such as a Prince of Space, who literally destroys space, big potential, an Heir of Hope, who can LITERALLY TURN into hope, which has been known to be pretty powerful.

And a Bard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back