• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Homestuck Roleplay: Sburb Omega

Exactly. But to keep with the same idea of the chain going like Server>Client, I'll remaster the list.

Katherine<Ambrosius<Athena<Ryan<James<Crocia<Katherine

Uhhh...

Crocia then enters last, and frankly she's one of the most ready to play the game as it is.

I usually prefer to edit my posts instead of double-posting...

Ryik said:
While we're on the topic I'd also not mind switching to:

Katherine<Crocia<Ryan<James<Athena<Ambrosius<Katherine

since Ryan as Crocia's server apparently has a lot of potential for shenanigans, and Ryan being James' server is a significantly more sterile dynamic than the other way around. This also puts the space and time players together, for convenient frog-breeding.

No, if Katherine is entering first, and servers go to the left in this chain.

This organises the chain of who will go in first and.last.

Katherine(1st, but is the last Server)<Ambrosius(6th)<Athena(5th)<Ryan(4th)<James(3rd)<Crocia(2nd)<Katherine (1st)

Server<Client

Uhh???

My point was that in Homestuck Rose enters second, Dave third, Jade fourth. Even in the troll's session, the server is brought in after their client enters.

John(1st)<Rose(2nd)<Dave(3rd)<Jade(4th)<John(1st)

This applies to the troll's session's teams as well.

That layout is the same chain represented differently.

Ryik said:

since Ryan as Crocia's server apparently has a lot of potential for shenanigans, and Ryan being James' server is a significantly more sterile dynamic than the other way around. This also puts the space and time players together, for convenient frog-breeding.
Applying this:

I meant that Crocia would be Katherine's server, Ambrosius would be the last server AND the last person to enter the game, and that you'd still go left to right in the chain, just that the arrows were flipped to show the server>client thing.

Katherine(1st)<Crocia(2nd)<Ryan(3rd)<James(4th)<Athena(5th)<Ambrosius(6th)<Katherine(1st)

I know, I just edited the list and edited it purposefully for less.confusion on the matter because I personally need.it laid out in such a way because I consider in any visual representation of Server or Client chains to have Servers on the.left side of the arrow and Clients on the right.

We're really just saying the same thing, just in a different form. Intelligible or otherwise.

Ah.

Could have sworn I saw Server>Client. It seems to be the other way around. [for your post]

Yeah... So... First order of business IC would be Crocia getting Katherine in to the game.

As for now, what do you think of switching Ryan and James?

So James plays Server for Ryan? For multiple reasons including the fact that he (James) has already downloaded his client copy and also how it isn't stated as to which copy Ryan's beginning to download, prompting me to politely ask you to make it so he's downloading his Server copy while he showers off screen. And also mainly lead by the fact of simply trying to avoid waiting taht longer for the sheer honesty I want to share.

But eh, I suppose you have a whole case ready to be stated.

...Already made and quoted twice.

Ryik said:

Plus if only servers are brought into the game (except Katherine) it means that everyone would need the server disc first except for the next person to join in the game. (Which right now would be Katherine)

This is an easy thing to retcon though. You could literally just change the word "client" to "server" and everything would be on track.

[QUOTE="Elision of Ecritures]
===> Download Currently retrieved Copy of Client Disc

You honestly have never felt LESS obligated to do as the voice in your head says considering you are now sitting, slightly crying and feeling torn up inside at the fact that you killed a beast with such odd connection to yourself. In all reality you've killed a beast whos only real obligation was to its needs, its need to hunt and feed being one of them as you look at you crappy broken sword. As a result of coming unscathed from this Strife you suppose you deserve some form of injury, and, since that one happens to be somewhat less crucial to your well being, you find it still lucky. You suppose you could always make another Blade for your umbrella weapon or find a use for the BunnyKind specibus you just KNOW has potential.

You stand up, still slightly shaken from the battle as you get out your Black hole Modus and take a good gander at your current items. Now you Capttchalogue your broken sword, the molecules breaking apart as they are sucked into the black hole and then reformed inside, depressing you as a reminder while you then absorb and Capttchalogue your phone, taking out your laptop makes for a grand total of only 3/7 objects for your entire Sylladex containing your phone, your sword and a small little stuffed toy bunny you carry around from your childhood. Seriously not as a toy to play with but a reminder to work on that BunnKind specibus. Even though he is quite adorable, oh Mr. Flops.

This version of your Modus actually can only hold seven items at once, not even having the ability to add cards. But, your mom claims that the items it holds can be up to the size of the moon itself. But that's only in theory what with her sciency nonsense as she continues to remind you during your time together.

You then look to find that your computer has successfully downloaded your Server Copy of Sburb after only what seems to be an hour and a half, lucky for you considering your lap top isn't meant to be very functional or stylish, its meant to be broken apart by a black hole and then be reformed again because your mother really thinks things through. The blood soaked statue of the Great Fairy oddly reminds you of her many aspects and feelings she expresses towards you with its new additions. You quickly slap in the disc and begin to download the Client copy with as much speed as possible.

===> James: Contact the Green Ones

You then proceed to contact the infamous 'green ones'.

CC: At least you don't feel regret towards the concept of digging through Garbage.

CC: Killing animals isn't really fun, just deployably grim.

CC: I suppose you now have your copies of the Much awaited Sburb Game.

CC: And so do I, at least we're capable of compleyeing such tasks.

CC: But I killed it nonetheless, and Kat looks to have retrieved her copy I time despite her mother's advances.

CC: How protective of her. Then again we have nothing truly like her. Our mothers tend to be....free.

CC: As in yours leaves you in a swamp with that delusionally dangerous 'Snapdad' while you fend for yourself and Im left to fight large feline monsters.

CC: Regretably.

[QUOTE="The Villain King]
This dude is talkin' sh*t about your mama?

[QUOTE="Elision of Ecritures]

===> Reply to the Aliens Once more.

You then continue to reply to the aliens once more. Now slightly defeated by the voice in your head seems to be the one in control now and he just seems so smug about it you can feel his/her grin through the vast reaches of space and time which separate the two of you so vastly. If you were to actually know anything about the current status of the voice in your head you would most certainly theorize taht it would be due to the psychic connection the two of you share which makes this feeling so strong A connection forged from sheer hatred.
CC: The thing of it remains that I can't Exactly disprove anything of what you calm or say. Considering all of the details from your stories seem so vivid and thought out that they couldn't possibly have come from your imagination.

CC: It remains fact no one, not even an alien girl from space with an Ancestor named 'Trapsong', the very epitome of a sea dwelling high blood, would be able to come up with such a story.

CC I believe my claims have made a slight thought paradox. Damn.

CC: Have you downloaded your copies of the game thus far? It seems everyone's getting to do it. So you, with your amazing Strife abilities coming from a natural affinity for sharp things I would figure have already begun to play.

CC: Or no, even your impatience can't break rules, you need others to play with you because Sburb is Multiplayer only.

CC: This guide is quite an interesting read.

CC: Speaking of multiplayer, around the time everyone starts playing, want to be my Server player?

You quickly sigh as you take a glance at your lap top, seemingly much easier on its slightly slow hardrive the client copy is downloading at a smooth and 'bearable' pace. At least in comparison to your dreadful Server copy, what is even being downloaded? A goddamn virtual world? You then start to goddamn resent yourself because that was a stupid thing you thought. Goddamn you. Where else would you be playing a virtual game? A real world? Such foolishness.

You then begin to text the yellow one. He is certainly reachable and you have already decided to build the chain of Clients and Servers as you begin to play, whistling a small tune even as you type on your cellular device.

[QUOTE="The Villain King]
This guy is just the icing on the cake when it comes to this waiting game of SBURB, huh. Well, looks like the client disk finished installing. Time to start the server.
LV: ma♫

LV: why you gotta tease me like that

LV: the waiti♫g is exc♪uciati♫g e♫ough al♪eady

LV: but su♪e, i guess ill play as you♪ se♪ve♪

LV: i did♫'t thi♫k the two copies we♪e that much diffe♪e♫t but the♫ i did a♫ i♫te♪♫et sea♪ch

LV: su♪e glad i i♫stalled the coole♪ half of the game fi♪st

LV: why i♫ hell would i wa♫t to watch othe♪ people ♪oam a♪ou♫d a♫d fight mo♫ste♪s whe♫ i could do it myself

LV: ugh

LV: hold o♫, the mopy pu♪ple guy is messagi♫g me

LV: ♪epeati♫g my ♫ame like a malfu♫ctio♫i♫g music disc playe♪

LV: i fo♪got his ♫ame, was fo♪eve♪ ago that he told me a♫d i do♫'t thi♫k he ca♪es e♫ough to tell me agai♫

LV: a♫yway just tell me whe♫ you have the clie♫t dow♫loaded

Crocia: Message the purple guy back before you stab your laptop.

A complete retcon would require replacing the word client 5 times: 3 for you and 2 for The Villain King.

Even if you didn't want to retcon anything, it'd be a simple matter to say the characters were mistaken.
LV: yes

LV: yes im o♫, sweet culli♫g what do you ♫eed

LV: do you have you♪ copies i♫stalled yet?

LV: i ♫eed a se♪ve♪ playe♪ still so

LV: that ca♫ be you i guess

LV: so lo♫g as you do♫t take too lo♫g getti♫g me i♫

This guy's weird philosophy crap drives you mad. He spends so much time thinking when he could be doing something meaningful. You've come to the conclusion that you really just can't stand him at all...<3<

Wait...what was that? You heard a huge splash outside. Oh god, Snapdad isn't having another tantrum, is he? Looks like your mama is already out there. You rush outside and take a look.

Snapdad isn't anywhere in sight, but there's a huge meteor sitting about twenty feet out in the swamp, and your mama has a look on her face that you've never seen before. You think it looks like...fear? No, couldn't be. You mama isn't a wimp.

She tells you to get back into your hive and stay there. You take a peek skyward and see almost nothing but orange. Sh*t. Wait, where is she going? She gets back into her boat and tells you one more time to get your ass into the hive where it's safe. She has unfinished business to settle. You understand, but you don't want her to go. What if one of the meteors gets her? As she drives away, you get the feeling this is the last time you'll see her.

[/QUOTE]

craetorCenturion [CC] began pestering arrantTachyon [AT]

CC: Goddamit Ryan your text color is blinding.

CC: Just impossible to read almost.

CC: You know, because I would call my color text soothing.

CC: For the game all of us are beginning to download and what not, I want you to be my Client.

CC: It should be simple to download the Client disc at least. Even though your Most likely Battling your obnoxiously Sexually Ambiguous Brother.

CC: The sexual ambiguity never stops with him does it?

CC: At first, I proposed, 'Oh Crocia, I'm so unlucky, I have a mother which makes me fight genetically enhanced Snow Tigers, while you remain to have a slightly insane Lara Croft-esque mother who sounds amazing, taking you in as you crash and land from the stars themselves.'

CC: Then I thought about how shitty your brother is to you.

CC: Oh, sweet, innocent Ryan. How precious you are, are how tainted you are by the profanity your Brother traffics in.

CC: He doesn't even help you with your Flash stepping. Just a Bunch of Nonsense about kicking Your Ass and barely teaching you Anything.

CC: You're probably quite enraged now, just like Crocia.

[/QUOTE]

LV: oi

LV: step off pu♫k, my mama is awesome

LV: a♫d s♫apdad is usually cool

LV: keeps me e♫te♪tai♫ed a♫d o♫ my toes

LV: my life would be p♪etty bo♪i♫g without s♫apdad to st♪ife with eve♪y now a♫d agai♫

LV: he just hates it whe♫ the♪e be int♪ude♪s i♫ his p♪ecious t♪easu♪e hoa♪d

LV: i fi♫d the da♪♫est thi♫gs i♫ the♪e sometimes

LV: did you k♫ow o♫e time i we♫t i♫ the♪e a♫d fou♫d some so♪t of memo♪y d♪ive?

LV: i plugged it i♫to my compute♪ but most of the files we♪e co♪♪upted

LV: f♪om what i could tell, though, it was a comp♪ehe♫sive tale of the life of o♫e of my homewo♪ld's most lege♫da♪y highbloods

LV: she was simply called 'T♪apso♫g', a♫d she was a fea♪ed a♫d ♪espected membe♪ of the mo♪e ♪egal seadwelling blood castes

LV: appa♪e♫tly she eve♫ had the guts to walk o♫ la♫d without fea♪ of attack f♪om lowe♪bloods

LV: he♪ adve♫tu♪es took he♪ all ove♪ alte♪♫ia

LV: thats basically all the i♫fo that was ♪eadable though

LV: the ♪est was jumbled code

LV: shame

Those disks have been sitting there long enough. You decide it's high time you started downloading this game, before someone else beats you to the punch. You want to have a good headstart so you can prove your racial superiority.

Crocia: Insert client disk.

You aren't sure how the client one is different from the server one, but you don't really care. It's obvious that you need both of them to play, so you might as well get going.

Sweet culling, this is going to take forever. That progress bar barely moves. Well, you suppose you could find something else to do. What's your mama up to?

===>

Looks like she's admiring your knife collection. The half of it that isn't in your sylladex, anyways. She looks fairly impressed. That's right, mama, you raised your little troll right. Never will she go anywhere and be in danger of not being able to cut things up in an expeditious manner. That is one of the most important traits you think anyone can have, and you suspect that is why your friends have so much trouble with their guardians. You never met a problem sharp objects couldn't handle. Aside from random computer issues.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes I'm annoyed by how right you are and strive to be. So be it. It seems perfectly logical, but I've always had a fond place for such sterile relationships. They seem so comforting and have a lack of shenanigans. Such misfortune.

If Villain isn't on I'll just edit all of it myself.

But additionally I suppose that's what makes you so useful and contributing to the.forum itself. Logic, reason....basic Mind aspect if you'd want to drag in thingssuch as that.

[QUOTE="Elision of Ecritures]Sometimes I'm annoyed by how right you are and strive to be.

[/QUOTE]
You're not the first one actually. I've had someone who runs an RP refuse to change something they themselves recognize as an error because they said it felt like I was "taking over the RP". I'm not even sure if this is a good or a bad thing/habit.

[QUOTE="Elision of Ecritures]Mind aspect if you'd want to drag in thingssuch as that.

[/QUOTE]
There were plans in the works for a Homestuck RP with a few of my friends a couple of years ago that never got off the ground. For a few reasons it required participants to be self-inserts of some variety. I got the doom aspect, and not a single person questioned why.

It was a running gag back then that I was a murderer and psychopath or something. It kind of got out of hand, because one of my friends broke communication with me for about a year and seemed to genuinely have the impression I was dangerous. I suppose I can't blame them for being paranoid, since I played up the jokes and showed them a satellite image of their house, but I digress.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am on, it's just that I only get alerts for one of these posts at a time.

Well, I personally disagree with you on the terms of a doom aspect. Despite the fact that I've only known you for such a slightly short amount of time in comparison to your other friends whom you've mostly likely known longer, I think that you truly aren't Doom do to the fact that Doom players, at least the more Cannon following ones which have more affinity for their aspect, tend to be more submissive and more easily controlled. They understand who leads them and they remain at the sidelines, often accepting what is very easily (Sollux is.....slightly confusing in this respect because he's a mage and stuff, but whatever) known and having good ties to it completely.

I don't believe you're as such. I believe you're not at all submissive and instead of obeying to certain qualities of authority, you stick close to your beliefs of rationality and what you know and understand to be right and wrong. Your various references to the Homestuck cannon which makes you quite functional to the Rp, taht's why i believe you fit well as a Mind aspect.

Sorry Villain, I edited some posts but we may have to do some more retcon.

Like, I would suppose some more Retcon and some slight editing, but it really wouldn't matter in any instance if we just make it known that this is what we're doing now so people can get with the Program, like it or not so we can still agree to a majority of what we wanted out of the chain of Servers and Clients in this session.

then again Sollux is a good example. Whilst confident in his own way i suppose he never really left behind that sense of pessimism taht trails behind him, which allows him to understand his limits in ways which makes him very reasonable and certain on his own capability. He's very limited and understands that, but has an additionally good grip on his pros and what he can do very effectively as well.

Eh, who cares. If you think about it since Sollux doesn't exist our session doesn't have to be poisoned by nonsense like that Mobius Double Reacharound Virus, Lord English's presence in general. Of course, I intend for good times with which the aid of shenanigans there will be plenty, but that's plot development down our own little pathway of a story.

There's not much other retconning to be had really. No one got as far as to establish player orders. The only one who has an order is James, and he hasn't really spoken much on it. With Ryan switching to James' client, it even makes what he said about Ryan being his client work out in the end.

Really the only thing that needed retconning were the discs.

I suppose youre right. I put my trust into your decisions, per ushe.

Hmmm, I'm devising a plan for James' ultimate 'quest' as a Prince of Space, that being called accordingly the 'Quest of Destruction' in which he, in traveling through the Several gates, at the random points in all six worlds he is sent to is forced to Battle against a variety of 'Mini Bosses' to reach his Denizen in the final Seventh Gate. Each boss n each planet will take their theme from the Aspect of who's planet it is, the second mini boss being Light, Then Life, Time, Heart and Hope, eventually leading to the Final Boss, Echidna, whose technical Theme is Space and will not necessarily be a boss but rather the ending stage of his quest pre-Reckoning. But on his own planet, the Theme of his First Boss he fights against will be Themed after his own Guardian's aspect, that being the aspect of them post-scratch.

Thoughts?

Sounds fine with me. Crocia's quest in the Land of Chords and Spectres is basically to delve deep into underground crypts and dungeons to learn a song that, when performed under the right circumstances, will finally put all the spirits to rest that are floating around the planet's swampy, dark surface.

Hmmm, peaceful.

Anyway, think you can edit your post just a slight tad so Crocia isn't saying 'let's get you away from certain death' and also gauge somewhat of a more detailed reaction to the controls of the game? I also believe that you in fact need another person's consent to form a connection......maybe. But anyway, I just don't want her sounding like she's done this before due to the fact that we've made arrangements to avoid a thing such as this, this being a ting where someone knows about the games mechanics nearly professionally so it's overall less fun.

Oh wait, sorry, don't worry about what I just said except the little 'certain death' thing. I overlooked the pesterchum log.

So, once Katherine enters the medium, how much more time should Ryan be spending in the shower, blissfully unaware of all troubles? And furthermore, how big is Crocia's treehouse? Is everything actually going to fit inside of it?

Significantly less time then it took for The Kids from B1, or, at least from what we thought we saw.

To put it in more simplistic and Ideal terms, I think I speak for us all when O say I don't want to be waiting for everyone to hop into the Game, especially eager players like Kat, Crocia Ryan and James as well as Athena.

Kay.

Waiting for them to enter the medium though seems like the bare minimum. Otherwise it's kind of like everyone holding a hot potato and passing theirs around.

If it doesn't fit you could always put the things on top of her house additionally.

And to.further my point, let's just be quick about at least starting the process of connecting Servers and Clients and dispersing the various tools needed to start entering. Anything after starting to hook.up the Connection ring is truly trivial to me at least, but I believe we should be rounding up to that point of beginning to get into the mechanics.

Yeah, that much should be done relatively quickly.

I thought of putting it above her house, but wouldn't it be obstructed by shrubbery? And even if I could, would everything else fit inside her house?

Mmm, that's certainly a question Villain would have to answer but I suppose that doesn't really matter considering that even though her house is slightly confined for space you can always just crowd things now and then build when you enter the Medium or even before and jjst making a small additon. making everything nice and dandy.

It's about as large as a normal troll Hive, but more horizontal and less vertical. It can fit all of the devices in it, but she'll have to move stuff to make room.

I wouldn't say she would necessarily have to move things, given there's an omniscient mouse floating around her capable of task for situations exactly such as these.

I'm still torn slight on what I should make for a second half of James' Kernelsprite after he Prototypes that tiger. I mean, that's one dead things off the checklist, maybe future James adapts Crocia's Trollian technology to go along his own timeline and finish a couple time loops As a ghosting Time aspect Space player to finalize a grand, master plan he's been scheming throughout the whole game just so he can help ensure victory.

That is one big tree, especially for a swamp.

Reminder you technically don't need to prototype the sprite at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back