• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern hollywood arts: main (open!!)

Characters
Here
MOOD: Awkward

OUTFIT: Adonis?

basics
MENTIONS:
None
INT:
Lucky (@gh0stwriter)
tags
TL;DR No.
tl;dr
Daniel Cooper

Good liquor, bad music…

TW: Suicide

Out of all the things Lucky could have said, Danny hadn’t been expecting...this. Lucky’s dad—who Danny knew almost as well as his own—had killed himself. “Lucky I...I’m so sorry,” he breathed, taking another swig from the bottle before handing it back to his friend. Ex friend. Whatever. He sighed. “We...we don’t have to talk about it.”

The hurt in Lucky’s eyes already said a hell of a lot more than any words he could have said anyways. And to think that he’d been dealing with all the shit he had these last few weeks. Danny knew Lucky’s dad hadn’t exactly been the portrait of a perfect father, but...damn. As much as Danny hated his own father he was glad he was still alive and happy. Or as happy as an alcoholic who hates his son can be. Did it make him selfish, to be thinking of his own father after what Lucky had just told him?

Ire was roiling off of Lucky in waves, and it was giving Danny anxiety. His hands rose up to fiddle with his shirt, but as his fingers met warm skin he frowned, looking down at his costume. The open vest and white pants had seemed funny earlier, but now? He wanted nothing more than to cover up every inch of bare skin. And that stupid golden wreath was still digging into his head incessantly.

At least my organs are still intact, Daniel thought wryly before moving to lean against the desk beside Lucky, their shoulders brushing against each other as he mirrored the other boy’s stance. He stared straight ahead, at the wall in front of him, unsure of what to say next. Was there anything he could say? He was fairly certain Lucky still hated him, that Danny’s presence was just another unwanted annoyance, but...he couldn’t leave. Not yet.

“I fucking hate Halloween,” he stated plainly, turning his head to look at Lucky. The slightly shorter boy knew that already—knew pretty much everything there was to know about the enigma that was Daniel Mattias Cooper—but he wasn’t sure what else to say. Sighing, he looked back down at the ground, studying the dark whorls held within the wooden flooring. He counted all the lines between the panels, desperate not to appear as awkward as he felt. And that stupid wreath…

“I hate costumes and parties and the smell of pumpkin guts,” he added, gently snatching the bottle of tequila from Lucky’s hands once again. After taking a sip he swirled the remaining liquid around, shrugging. “The liquor’s good, but that’s about it.”

Already it was starting to take some of the edge off. Danny hadn’t had nearly enough to be shitfaced and embarrassing, but it was certainly helping with the anxiety. His green eyed gaze rose to the ceiling as he frowned, handing the bottle back to Lucky before idly adjusting the folds of his vest.

“It’s fucking hot in here.”

code by valen t.

Ava Sanders
"Life is for keeping score."

@queenofhell has set their status to:
sick makeup, bro

@queenofhell has set their outfit to:
literally look at the gif

@queenofhell has interacted with:
Saint

@queenofhell has mentioned:
N/A

@queenofhell has tagged:
ditto ditto
Glasswork...

Boring.

Well not boring boring, but the idea of making shit from glass gave Ava the impression of it being about as interesting as watching paint dry or grass grow. Art was something she'd never understood the appeal of -- crazy, since she was going to a performing arts school, but by that she simply meant... painting. Glasswork. Clay stuff. Maybe it was the horrible history she had with art (art and gym had been the only classes Ava had failed in elementary school), but she could never understand it.

Sitting around... painting or... however one made glass. Sounded like you needed a lot of patience and just thinking about it and how carefully one could fuck everything up was enough to make her want to sigh exaggeratedly with impatience. Yeah, surprise surprise, but the redhead and patience didn't exactly go hand in hand.

But she nodded her head, pretending to be interested in his fiberglass as she brought the cup of pop up to her lips and took another sip. "Sounds... cool, interesting." What else was she supposed to say about it? An eyebrow arched up in question, however, as she set the red solo cup down on the table next to her. "Why a cow?"

Nosebleed was getting slightly more interesting by the second. When Ava had first approached the boy, she had expected him to be like most of the other pompous assholes in this school. You know, like that fucker Nic or that bonehead Javi. Ava had expected to have to threaten to rip of his dick or something, ya know. As one did.

Instead, she had met a like-minded individual with an interest in glass cows.

Well, guess that just went to prove that you couldn't judge a book by their cover -- something that you'd expect a kid from the literature department to understand, but it was something that Ava had never been able to do.

She flashed a grin when he guessed her department. "Spot on." Ava said, clapping her hands together slowly in mock awe. "Impressive, Nosebleed," -- what? You really thought she was going to start calling him Saint? Please. -- "Yeah, I write. Mostly trying to write short horror stories, but... I do a lot of poetry, too. I'm doing a bunch of slam poetry for the Arts Festival. It's going to be fucking amazing." A wide grin cracked across her face as she thought about it.

By "slam poetry," she mostly meant that she was going to be slamming one Juliette Jameson. What? Look, she wasn't going to be naming JJ in the poetry -- she never named her muses, but anyone that knew Ava would know who her muse was -- and the whole horror thing... well, if she had to read the shit aloud, well...

Reading horror stories aloud just didn't have the same umpf.

"I'd like to write a novel eventually. Turn one of the short stories into a novel, you know? Or if I could write like a fucking story for a video game or just help produce that? Now that would be the fucking dream."

She'd gotten a little carried away -- or, at least, Ava felt as if she'd gotten a little carried away when it came to the whole writing thing, so she let out a small chuckle and picked the cup back up, taking a sip so she didn't have to say anything else.
º º code by ditto º º

Genevieve Johannes
@genjohanne has set their status to:
So, what's the point of breaking my sweet heart?
She wanted me to let down my guard

@genjohanne has set their outfit to:
literally just a black dress

@genjohanne has set their location to:
the kitchen

@genjohanne has mentioned:
nah

@genjohanne has interacted with:
liv, evie, nate, jared, simone

@genjohanne has tagged:
Soap Soap jasmyn jasmyn Winona Winona Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202 natsukashii natsukashii

Everything hurt. Her brain was throbbing inside her skull, thoughts stunted by the tequila in her system. Her lungs were squeezing shut, causing her to focus on each breath in and each breath out. And her heart, her poor heart, it didn’t know what to do. On one hand, Gen wanted to call the whole stupid argument off. It would be easy enough to just let everything go and move past the idiotic bullshit that they had generated to keep them apart. They could just be again, like old times. No numbing pain with alcohol or empty sex or reckless behaviour or…

Drugs.

The more Liv stood in front of her, the more Gen realized the signs. At least she thought she did. The wandering eyes, the paling skin, the trembling fingers. Maybe Liv was just nervous, she couldn’t jump to the conclusion that she had thrown her sobriety out of the window after she left. Liv was better than that, right? She wouldn’t just give up on everything she had worked so hard to achieve. Not because of Gen and not because of anyone else other than herself.

Gen flinched as Liv raised a hand, physically cringing away from her touch with a sharp jerk of her head until her neck would not allow her to pull any further back. She was cornered, nearly pinned to the desk behind her as Liv’s hand came towards her face in an angry blow that never came. Instead, her fingers were on her cheek, wiping away the tears that had trailed down her blotchy face. As much as she wanted to look away, Gen couldn’t take her eyes off of Liv.

How could one person, as flawed as they were, be so damn perfect? With every crack and every damaged part laid a beauty that Gen couldn’t describe. Liv had a way of captivating Gen with even the smallest movements, the most subtle of touches. Just the feeling of Liv’s fingers on her face was enough to make Gen melt into her touch, her face turning towards Liv’s hand as she leaned into the feeling. The anger drained from her face, the tension in her brow slipping away for a temporary look of peace.

But then Liv was moving closer. At first, Gen thought the alcohol was messing with her perception, making Liv seem a whole lot closer than she was. But then she could smell her perfume, feel her warm breath on her skin, the glow of the street lamps outside in her warm eyes. Gen couldn’t move, paralyzed against the table. It was over. It was finally over, they could finally just be again. No more arguing, no more pointless drama, no more childish games. Just them against the world like Gen had always wanted.

“Livanna…” Gen breathed out, entirely unaware that she had used Liv’s entire name.

She pulled away, her hand trailing down the side of Gen’s face as the unwanted space grew between them. In an instant, the room grew colder and emptier. In an instant, the serenity that had begun to wash over Gen was gone, replaced with an anxiety and anger that Gen couldn’t bridle. She watched Liv’s hand as it fell to her side, her jaw clenching until her teeth ached.

"You're drunk... and..." Gen braced for impact as her fingers wrapped around the edge of the desk, her delicate knuckles turning white with the tension. "I... It's just not--"

“Just fucking say it already!” Gen finally snapped, pushing herself off the table as she took a stride towards Liv.

"I'm high, Gen."

Gen stopped whatever crusade she had just begun, her face falling. Her observations had been correct, Liv’s words may have crafted a tale of sobriety but her body sung another song. Gen’s hands balled into fists at her sides, acrylic nails cutting into the smooth skin of her palm as they cracked under the pressure. Was she mad? Upset? Disappointed? Gen couldn’t tell. She only felt numb.

Numb was what she had wanted, wasn’t it?

“No.” Gen managed, her eyes glinting with an unforeseen anger. Her entire body was tense, the shake in her hands returning in tandem with the tears. “No, no, no, no. You worked so hard, why the fuck are you using again?”

Her hands shot out, grabbing Liv’s shoulders as she pulled her towards her. Looking down at her, a flood of disgust washed across her face. There was no mistaking it. The longer they stood there, the more Liv belonged to another world.

“And you aren’t even fucking lying just to get me off your ass.” Gen spat, her words hurting as they exited her mouth. Letting go of Liv, Gen turned around and slammed her hands down onto the desk, her shoulders shaking as she began to cry again. “Dammit Liv, what the fuck are you doing? Why are you doing this to yourself? Why do you keep coming back to me when you don’t even wanna fucking be there for yourself?”

The box on the table caught Gen’s eyes. Liv’s birthday gift.

Grabbing the box in her hands, Gen spun around on her heels and slammed the box into Liv’s chest.

“Happy fucking birthday, Liv. I hope you enjoy your high. Do try to keep that somewhere you’ll remember in the morning when the drugs have worn off and you realize the fucking mistake you’ve made.”

Gen pushed back Liv without another word, her hand dropping from the box against Liv’s chest as she stormed out of the study. The slam of the door could be heard over the sound of the music, heads turning as Gen stepped into the hallway. A pair that had been making out against the wall glared over to her, clearly upset that they had been interrupted.

“What the fuck are you lookin’ at?” Gen growled, stepping towards the pair who immediately separated, connected only by their laced fingers between them. “Get out of my way.”

Pushing through crowds and casting nasty glances at anyone who bothered to look her way, Gen made her way rather rudely through the house. Her ears were ringing, the constant drone muffling the music and the voices singing out around her. It was all too much. Why were the lights so bright? Since when did marijuana smell that strong? Why was it so fucking hot?

“Move.” Gen snarled, shoving a boy out of the way to reveal Evie. Gen’s face instantly dropped, tears threatening to fall from her eyes at the sight of her best friend. Next to her was Jared and Simone. The tears that wanted to fall never did. Gen couldn’t look weak in front of them, not people who respected her. It was then that she looked over her shoulder to the person she had pushed out of her way. “Sorry Nate.”

Walking past Evie, she offered no attempt at a smile or falsified emotion. Gen was not playing the actor, not with Evie. Instead, a few tears slipped down her cheeks as she reached out to gently take Evie’s hand in hers, her cold fingers finding warmth against Evie’s alcohol-warmed skin.

“I don’t wanna do this anymore.” Gen spoke, her voice shaky and cracking as she attempted to force the words out. “Please. Just get me drunk. I don’t wanna remember this.”

Gen didn’t release Evie’s hand as she poured herself a shot and downed it quickly in one swift movement, only releasing Evie’s hand after she had poured and downed a second shot. Third shot in hand, Gen turned to the group of her friends around her. There was no light left in her eyes, her skin glistening with drunken sweat and her hair frizzed from the movement.

“Here’s to whatever fucking bullshit this is.” Gen scoffed as she took the shot down, her face not moving. What was she drinking? Fuck it, who cared.

º º code by ditto º º

Zephyr Evermore
"Cheer up! 'Cause nothing really matters."

@zeph.evermore has set their status to:
broooo nooooo

@zeph.evermore has interacted with:
Lin

@zeph.evermore has mentioned:
N/A

@zeph.evermore has tagged:
ditto ditto
He should've known that Lin would've come back to where he'd started his streaking. The guy had to pick up his clothes and put them back on after all, right?

Which meant that Zeph had just chased Lin through the house for three freaking laps only to end up standing in the exact place that they had started. The panting subsided fairly quickly, however, and he was able to catch his breath. Maybe the panting had just been a side effect of uhh... of... secondhand adrenaline. Yeah. Secondhand adrenaline totally sounded like it could definitely be a thing and not something that Zeph had just made up.

Lin was so freaking cool, though. Zeph felt self-conscious when he went shirtless at the beach, let alone stripping down to just his underwear and running through a whole party full of his peers. It was impressive and Zeph was mentally on his knees bowing down to the older boy that clearly had this whole life and fun thing figured out.

Zeph wanted to be like that. Shut off the thinking part of his brain and just do whatever he felt like, ya know?

He was tired of coloring in the lines. He wanted to live.

“That wasn’t even a hard one, luhmao— make my next one more in— ope.”

He watched as Lin fumbled with his heel. And to think, Zeph had said that as a joke, completely under the impression that Lin wouldn't actually go ahead and do as Zeph had so jokingly suggested. And yet, he'd done it, and now he was saying that it hadn't even been hard -- which made Zeph wonder what a hard one would even be.

“Make the next one more interesting, luhmao! I could strip through a party any day, man— gimme something reaaaal good.”

Zeph let out a chuckle as he watched Lin get his dress back on, although he diverted his gaze to look out at the party-goers -- most of whom had turned around and lost interest in Lin's streaking adventure. Probably because this hadn't been the first time that most of them had seen him running through a party in his underwear.

Either way, Zeph felt a little weird watching his friend get dressed.

"Alright, man," he said with another light-hearted laugh. "I'll think of a real good one for next time. One that'll make you wanna say no because it's just that dumb. But good dumb, like dangerous dumb."

It was an obvious bluff -- Zeph wasn't capable of thinking up something like that. He was too, you know... him. Too boring, too simplistic, too coloring in the lines and sticking to the rules.

He turned his head back to look at Lin once his buddy's costume was put back together, and then he nodded his head vigorously in agreement for Scooby gummies -- although at some point, he'd probably need to head off and finding the Pikachu to his Ash Ketchum again. Stella had departed so quickly earlier, though....

So now there was this little bug of worry eating away at him that was saying he shouldn't seek her out because she didn't really want to see him, but that was dumb, right? She wouldn't have agreed to still do this whole matching costumes thing if she was really that... uhh... if she didn't want to see him.

Plus they were besties. Besties for life, clearly.

He tried to push any kind of worry and overthinking out of his mind. Lin probably didn't worry about that kind of stuff, or probably much of anything. That, Zeph decided, was what he needed to be more like. The kind of dude that didn't worry about what other people were thinking or doing or this or that.

Zeph wanted to be more like Lin.

While following after Lin back to their table, Zeph was able to toss his empty pop bottle into a trash can as he followed Lin to the table. The familiar, easy-going grin spread across his face as he came to a stop by his friend and the table. Zeph tried to lean against the table, but the lowness of it made the whole thing kind of difficult, so he settled for just standing.

"Spicy?" He echoed Lin's words as he picked up his own bag of Scooby gummies and ripped them open. He popped a couple into his mouth, chewing slowly... thoughtfully... and trying to think of something that was to Lin's standards for them to do, but... eventually, he just shrugged his shoulders helplessly in defeat.

"I don't know, man," he said with a half-hearted laugh. "We've kind of done everything I can think of that would be uhh... spicy. Plus, I gotta go find Stella in a bit, too. She was supposed to be trying to find that uhh... what's his name... Landon."

You know, his lack of party ideas might have also been due to the fact that Zeph didn't usually go to parties -- and when he did? It was to help out his buddy, Hunter, in trying to score with a chick. So Zeph was stuck on "distract her friends and talk me up" duty or, more recently and more often, Ronnie Repellent Duty.
º º code by ditto º º

"Charming as the Devil"
Jared Darrington
@He.went.2.Jared has set their status to:
Shots, and sexy girls. Who'd say no?

@He.went.2.Jared has set their outfit to:
Juice (Tupac)

@He.went.2.Jared has set their location to:
Halloween party

@He.went.2.Jared has mentioned:
Ken (not by name but Lin, Damien, Dani)

@He.went.2.Jared has interacted with:
Evie ( jasmyn jasmyn ), Simone ( natsukashii natsukashii ), Nate ( Winona Winona ) Gen ( geminiy geminiy )
$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $

With the party in full swing it wasn't surprising the intoxication levels of his peers as he entered the mansion. His eyes glanced around looking for the familiar but instead landing on a half naked boy streaking in drag, active beer pong games, and of course a ton of people just wasted about and dancing with so little rhythm they should be glad they can blame it on the booze. However knowing some people they probably were more coordinated with the liquor in their system then without.

It didn't take long for a familiar voice to ring in his ears. The closest to a genuine smile he was capable of giving graced his features as she approached, clearly like the rest having had her fair share of drinks. She was in toe with Nate of course which was someone he also enjoyed being in the presence of. He playfully rolled his eyes as she fixed his collar, "Good to see you too Eve. You just couldn't resist could you." He smirked with a wink before looking over at Nate, "I bet she did the same to you huh?" He chuckled. "How you been man?"

At her version of a request he nodded, "Of course, it seems like I've got quite a bit of catching up to do." He nodded. His eyes glanced around looking for another familiar face, but landed on the very beautiful Simone. Not that he minded, she was looking good as ever, and by the look in her eyes she felt the same about him. He didn't have to say a word just a nod of his head with his classic grin was enough for right now. He could definitely see himself indulging later since tonight might be the last night for a while he could enjoy such luxuries.

Should he feel bad for the thoughts running through his head? Probably, but that sort of thing was reserved for people with a conscious, and he wasn't born with one of those. No angel on his should just a devil and an incubus at best. "Just shots?" He raised a brow at her question, "Nah we can do better then that. Let's make things interesting." He took a glass in hand.

Before he could say anything else poor Nate was yeeted out of the way by a clearly distressed gen. Oh yah that's right! Part of the reason he'd come back early was because Gen was acting uncharacteristically volatile on twitter tonight. Well it seemed his instinct was right. then again he was always right so he wasn't in doubt even if it slipped his mind for a moment. Hey when you've got shots and stunning models surrounding you tweets from hours ago aren't really at the front of your mind.

He thought about commenting on her distressed state, but watching her beg Evie to get her drunk just to turn around and put on as strong of a face as she could muster for them...it felt wrong. At least in poor taste. "I can get behind that. To this bullshit." He raised his glass for the first shot of the night. The sting was familiar and addicting. He liked the pain that came with the first few strong drinks. He actually didn't like the numbness that came after one too many. When he stopped feeling it that when he wanted stronger, harder, sharper. He wanted to feel it to remind himself that he was in control. Numbness meant you were running on instincts then rational. He liked pushing himself to the limit in everything he did, while still being a control freak.

"Anyone ever played rage cage? Now that's a game that can get you fucked up quickly." He smirked. "I know none of you are gonna punk out on me so I might as well set it up. Only question is how strong do you want your shots?" He'd just have to find Ken later. the night was still young she'd either find him and join in or after he was sure things were ok here he'd continue his search.
º º code by ditto º º

"Do one thing a day that scares you..."
Madelaine Harlow
@MaddieModels has set status:
"This night just keeps getting better..."

@MaddieModels has set outfit to:
demon, not devil bc jj is an idea theif. see, added some wings.

@MaddieModels set location to:
Halloween party

@MaddieModels interacted with:
Corey. Javi. Kane.

@MaddieModels has tagged:

natsukashii natsukashii Kio.exe Kio.exe hery hery

Madelaine's encounter had left her a little more frazzled than she realized. Okay, that was a lie. She realized it but she just didn't expect Corey to so easily. It wasn't a surprise though because, in all honesty, Corey was probably the one person who knew her better than she knew herself. As they walked through the crowd, she heard his words. "Is everything okay?" Maddie kept walking. "You know you can tell me anything, right? I mean, whatever it is--"

Suddenly his words came to a halt but not because he was done talking. She reached out with her free hand, trying desperately to grab his arm as he fell forward but it was no use. Luckily he caught himself and her eyes darted over just in time as he greeted the people he's nearly fallen right on top of. Kane and....Javi. Well, this night just got worse and worse by the minute. Maybe staying in and watching movies all night would have been the better option.

Maddie raised a hand to wave at Kane and offered a smile, not wanting to come across as rude. Her eyes quickly found Javi, his words slurred as he greeted Corey which made it ten times more obvious that he hadn't seen her standing there yet. Maybe that was a good thing. Maybe she could just walk away and avoid the drama that she knew was going to come out of them crossing paths.

JJ was right when she said Javi had been an asshole on Twitter and Maddie could already hear his harsh comments coming off the internet and piercing her ears. Up until now, Javi had never been cruel towards her and maybe that was because she practically ghosted him in a sense so he didn't get the chance but she'd avoided it this long so she wasn't looking to break that streak.

Her hand instinctively flew to Corey's, ready to pull him away before Javi's eyes found her standing there but it was too late. She should've known that Kane's greeting would've caught his attention. That hearing her name would trigger him finally to notice her.

"The fuck're you doing here?"

The harsh delivery of his question caused Maddie to wince, her hand intertwining with Corey's like a scared little girl being yelled at for breaking the rules. It was sorta similar, wasn't it? They had said they were going to avoid one another and clearly, that was easier said than done. Even when she wasn't trying it was like Maddie was gravitating towards Javier. His voice continued, the comments hit her like poisonous darts aimed right at her heart.

"I wasn't trying to interrupt yo-" she started off but she found herself pausing, her lack of words pretty evident as she struggled for what to say. Her hand tightened around Corey's although she hadn't realized she was still holding it in the first place.

"Why can't you just leave me alone?!" --"I believe this shit." -- "Did your bitch mom have a change of heart, huh? Or was I always the problem?"

"Will you stop?! We were just trying to walk by you! Not everything I do is centered around you so can you just get a grip!" she yelled back, finally finding her footing on the situation and dropping her best friend's hand. Javi's own rage shifted her hurt and fear into the same.

"Jesus, Javi. Since when are you this much of an asshole when you drink?" she snapped, not realizing how loud she might've been with the music in the background. "Are you just gonna hate me forever over a mistake I made how long ago now?! Just get over it! None of it gives you the right to be such a di-" before she could finish he interrupted and his words brought her back to down to reality.

"You didn't even give me a FUCKING call, Mads!"

He was right. She was sitting here letting her anger get the best of her and lashing out. Letting herself come out of character because someone was yelling at her. Javi wasn't even the only reason for her being so upset. The girl had just had a less than pleasant run-in with her equally as drunk ex. It was like she'd been a firecracker thrown in Javi's direction and he just happened to be a damn match. He had every reason to be so mad at her even if she tried to deny it.

Maddie had hurt him and plenty of other people because her "mom told her to do this or that" and it was a shitty excuse. She justified her actions by saying she was protecting them or whatever but she'd left a string of fuck ups behind her. Hurting people she actually cared about and blaming it on anyone else but herself was just ridiculous. She was a shitty person just like they said she was and it was finally sinking in. No, JJ wasn't right after all because it wasn't them. It was Madelaine. She was the problem.

"I...I'm sorry. I just...couldn't-" the words barely came out, tears forming in her eyes which she tried so hard to blink away so he wouldn't see. "I should, I'll go. Enjoy the party. I'm sorry..." she forced out, turning to walk away and really hoping that Corey would follow. Tears graced her cheeks as she pushed through the crowd. She didn't know where she was going, she just needed to get away from the noise and the people before she ran into another person who hated her. She needed...air.
º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:

Alejandra Cortez
"She's sweet like candy in'my veins.”

@Realex has set their status to:
Brb, trying to flirt

@Realex has set their outfit to:
Buzz lightwhore

@Realex has interacted with:
Naomi

@Realex has mentioned:
Mor

@Realex has tagged:
Kio.exe Kio.exe
Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202

Everything Naomi did, every movement, every second she'd locked eyes with her, the way her lips curved with every word had Alex's heart racing. She'd blame the alcohol, somehow making her feel less desperate to believe it was the intoxication getting to her when quite obviously, Alex was high on a whole other drug and her name was Naomi, the girl practically had Alex wrapped around her finger and Alex wasn't too worried getting caught up on her newest addiction.

Curious eyes admired her, barely even acknowledging her words before Naomi had taken her hand, blinking a few times to get back to reality and before she knew it, Naomi threw away any personal space and Alex swore, her stomach took a leap off of the tallest building in the world as she felt her breath against her ear. It'd taken every once of self control not to make a sound that wasn't appropriate in the public eye.

Not that Alex cared much for their surroundings right now. Her mouth suddenly got dry and the girl had done her best to verbally agree.

"I--"

Alex cleared her throat and gestured with her freehand away from the line.

"Lead the way."

The brunette dared to lace their fingers together and the simple gesture had thrown a significant amount of serotonin to her head, which Alex was clearly so desperate for. She hadn't really known where Naomi was leading her but it wasn't like she was about to complain, anywhere they were heading was likely better than forty-two-person bathroom line.

Alex decided to continue. Sure, maybe in that one saying how compliments would never get her anywhere...

but a girl can dream. Couldn't she?

"Y'know, she's funny. Pretty good at making me not feel like a total idiot sometimes, even when I probably deserve it." Yeah, so she probably shouldn't of spent whatever time she'd had her getting drunk with her friends, but she couldn't exactly leave Mor so quickly. It'd be pretty terrible of a so-called best friend. And hey, Alex was here now. That's all that mattered.

Right?

"Anything else you need to know about her? I'm an open book. Practically a cheat-sheet to all things Naomi."

That wasn't exactly true, they hadn't known each other that well yet, but Alex knew enough.

Knew enough to compliment, anyway.
º º code by ditto º º

MOOD: game time

OUTFIT: maid costume

basics
MENTIONS:
n/a
INT:
Winona Winona (Jace)
tags
TL;DR no
tl;dr
Callum Richards
Callum's unforgivingly judgmental eyes offered Jace no comfort as he struggled to operate like a normal human. For such a quiet guy, the silence Callum allowed to hang in the air was far louder than any shout he could ever muster. He watched the boy wordlessly as he tapped and fidgeted, cruelly offering no relief from the awkwardness of their conversation. The fact that Jace allowed it proved to Callum that he was a good friend with a healthy distaste for small talk and false pleasantries.

The poor boy was antisocial.

"Suit yourself," he replied with a shrug, unable to blame Jace for not wanting to partake in this idiotic high school tradition. That being said, he poured another tall cup of tequila soda and took a mighty swig. And, boy, was it awful. Even so, Callum's face still hardly budged, with a pained twitch of the eye revealing his inner disgust. Up until then, he'd been drinking at a pretty even, steady rate, but the gaps of time between his drinks started to close as his mind began to wander. Even on his way to being inebriated, Callum had yet to let loose.

He wasn't so sure what Jace was trying to say about driving toward the end of his sentence; he hated when people trailed off like that. Just spit it out and don't put him through the effort of trying to decipher what was said. Sheesh. "I don't know what you just said," he stated flatly, making his point known but also kind of hoping that Jace would drop it so he wouldn't have revisit the same conversation again.

Callum stared blankly at Jace, blinking before cracking a wry smirk. "Beer pong does suck," he deadpanned, "Let's play."

If actions speak louder than words, well, Callum would still be just as confusing as before.

The lethargic boy, still grinning nefariously, poured fairly generous portions of tequila into each cup, which were obviously sized for drinks much more capacious than liquor. Or, well, in this case, cup-acious.

Haha.

All jokes aside (something outlandish for any prose featuring Callum), he was ready to get to business, whether Jace wanted to or not. He beckoned for his friend to stand on the opposite end of the table, a tiny, white ball in hand.

"Look alive, Jace. We're having fun," he commanded in the least entertaining voice possible. For the first time in probably months, Callum traded his typical defeatist attitude for a tiny spark of competitiveness, meeting Jace's gaze with an intense ferocity. "Fun," he repeated, before chucking the ball square into his friend's eye.

What? Who can really be surprised that Callum has terrible hand-eye coordination given how allergic he was to sports and competition. That and the meager amount of sleep he'd been getting all week; that should have come as even less of a surprise.

"Your move," he declared, not bothering to check if Jace was okay. He'd live; it was just a ping pong ball. Although, knowing Jace, he might just lose his balance and sputter out some flustered cry for help and be out of sorts for twenty minutes.

He and Jace were friends. Promise.

code by valen t.

"Just like a song inside my heart..."
Kennedy Parks

@KennyDoll has set status to:
"This should be...fun?"

@KennyDoll has set outfit to:
The one & only; Aaliyah.

@KennyDoll has set location to:
The party.

@KennyDoll has interacted with:
Maggie.

@KennyDoll has tagged:
Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202

Kennedy hadn't planned on being home as early as she was but she'd been talking non-stop about being sad she was missing Gen and Eli's party and clearly her brother had been listening because he got her a flight for the morning of by some miracle. She had been gone for a month or a little longer after her label decided that she needed to branch out and open for another artist. While it was fun it had also been exhausting and luckily her last stop was her hometown, New Orleans.

Of course, the short gig was only the start of her label's big ideas to kick her career off. They had other ideas to give her image a touch-up and get her name out there more. Kennedy wasn't sure at first but after some convincing, mostly from her brother since he was the only one she'd told about the idea, she'd agreed. It was going to be different than anything else she'd ever done but maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

Finally, back in LA, Ken was going to enjoy the night which meant finding a costume way last minute. She could've asked Gen and she knew that but then again, she didn't want to bother her especially since she seemed super drunk and busy on Twitter. With no luck at the few stores that had been open when she returned, she decided to throw something together from her closet.

Ken was a huge fan of the 90s and early 2000s thanks to her mom so she had a lot of clothing to reflect that style. One of her biggest inspirations was Aaliyah and so she had found just the right pieces to make that work for tonight's costume. Hopefully, someone would get it and she wouldn't just look like she threw on a normal outfit. At the very least, she was sure Mags would know what she was going for. Speaking of, she was supposed to be meeting her at the party so she should probably get going.

It didn't take too long before she finally reached the Johannes mansion and walked right into the chaos. The music was blaring but it wasn't a match for the sound of the drunk teenager's chatter. As she searched for Maggie she noticed a few people she recognized drinking, walking around (or rather stumbling) and she could've sworn Lin ran by...in his underwear but maybe she was just imagining that bit.

Just as the girl started to get discouraged that she'd ever find her friend in the crowd, she spotted her by the kitchen and a smile appeared on her face. "Mags!" she called out as she politely made her way through the people in front of her. "Hey! Mags! Oh, I missed you so much!" Ken said, pulling Maggie into a quick hug as she finally reached her.

º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:
HAND OVER HAND

Seb laughed at Landon’s anecdote about Evie and Nate essentially picking his costume out for him, and hoped that it didn’t sound as mechanical as it felt. He really, really wanted to get along with Landon, but he should have known better than trying to make an actual friend in a situation that he hated to be in. But normal kids made friends at parties, and for God’s sake, he’d be a normal kid if it killed him. He glanced down at himself briefly and shrugged a bit, but muttered a ‘Thanks’ in response to Landon’s compliment. As relieved as he was that Chas wasn’t too angry about Seb leaving to speak with another guy, he almost wished his boyfriend would come and drag him away somewhere. Preferably with no people so Seb could actually breathe.

Everyone wondered what he saw in Chas, or why Seb enjoyed his company, but the truth was, there was no pretending with Chas. Seb didn’t have to force a smile, because more often than not, it was genuine. And when he wasn’t capable of smiling, Chas never pushed it because he never really noticed. In and of itself, that was probably an issue, but it worked for Seb way more than most people might have thought. Seb didn’t want to talk about how he felt or why he was upset, so to have no attention drawn to it whatsoever was a relief. He could even stop thinking about himself for a bit and tune in to Chas’ drama of the week, and Chas wouldn’t really care if Seb didn’t contribute much because Chas was opinionated enough for the both of them. Seb could let himself deflate, let himself just kind of exist while Chas lived.

When Landon asked him if he wanted a drink, Seb hesitated. He felt stupid for doing so, since the whole plan for this interaction had been to ‘get a drink’, but Seb never reacted well to alcohol and he hadn’t enjoyed the small bit of Chas’ that he’d tasted. Nevertheless, he was at a party, and he was a normal fucking kid. “Uh, yeah, sure. That’d be great. Thank you.

He looked around the party as Landon made the drinks, trying to focus less on the amount of people and more on the costumes. There was actually a really incredible variety, and Seb really liked the group costume ideas too. Once he began to feel like too many people were staring at him, he looked back over at his companion and tried to think of something else. “Hey, have you seen Callum and Oates?” He asked, then winced. “Or, I mean, just Oates.” He’d forgotten that they’d broken up; he tried to talk to Callum about it, but the other boy hadn’t seem interested in letting his feelings out. Seb could relate. “I remember him saying he had a similar costume to mine. I wanna see for myself.

Sebastian
MOOD: yay.... socialisation...

OUTFIT: Black angel costume

INTERACTIONS: @gh0stwriter

code by valen t.

Nathan Woods
"Here I am, living a dream that I can't hold on my own."
@NathanielWithoutTheIel has set their status to:
itchy and not simping

@NathanielWithoutTheIel has set their outfit to:
sick Bonnie & Clyde thing

@NathanielWithoutTheIel has interacted with:
Evie, Jared, Simone, Gen

@NathanielWithoutTheIel has mentioned:
N/A

@NathanielWithoutTheIel has tagged:
jasmyn jasmyn Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202 geminiy geminiy natsukashii natsukashii
Somehow, their party of two quickly developed into a party of four -- Nate, Evie, Simone, and Jared. It was a lot for the guy who, typically, stuck to himself or one or two people.

Yeah, yeah, total surprise that Nate was actually a fairly antisocial guy, but it was true. Sure, he had friends, but he tended to keep those friends at an arm's length distance away. And, well, most of his friends were reserved simply as smoking buddies -- like Callum and that uhh... Trent guy. The only ones he really hung out with aside from that were probably... Evie, Gen, and Jared. But even then, it was usually just with a bottle of tequila in his hand instead of a joint.

Look, sober Nate had zero patience for people or a desire to hang around people. Drunk or high Nate? Bring it on... but more because he liked being able to bum shit off of people as opposed to actually hanging out with them.

He flashed a grin at Simone as she walked over and looped his thumb through one of the suspenders hen she complimented them. "Thanks -- it was all Evie," he said with a tilt of the head towards his partner in crime (get it? Because Bonnie and Clyde? ba dum tisssss), as if any of them would be questioning who had done this.

Nate tuned out the girls momentarily as he looked towards Jared, his grin broadening at the sight of his old friend. "Jared, hey," he said. "I've been good," not really whatsoever, but hey, Jared didn't need to know that and Nate liked to keep his real feelings bottled up, "how've you been? What've you been up to?"

Hadn't Jared gone to do some uhhh...

Something? Nate didn't really know. He didn't keep up much with whatever the going-ons of his friends happened to be.

He was content to stand at the edge of the group, hands now resting in the pockets of his pants, while the group mingled. Even with the three before him being his friends, it was still easy for Nate to feel like an outsider looking in. Look, he was an introvert -- large groups made him quiet down a bit, kind of move to the edge.

His chilling on the side was disrupted when someone shoved him aside. Nate didn't try to fight it, instead allowing his buzzed self to stumble to the side. He narrowed his eyes and went to snap at whoever had so rudely pushed him aside until he saw who it was, and his angry expression cracked to be replaced by... not a sympathetic, pity-ish look, but back to his basic expression, even though he did kind of feel some sympathy for the sad girl before him.

"It's fine," he mumbled in response to Gen's apology. She'd just wanted to get to Evie, her best friend, and that was something that Nate could completely understand.

He moved so that he was standing in the circle again on the other side of Gen. Nate's gaze followed her hands as she poured herself and downed in before taking another, and then another. After the third one, his gaze flicked from Gen to Evie with a "is she gonna be okay?" expression on his face.

Drinking didn't seem like the smartest idea for her, but...

It wasn't Nate's place to say shit.

"Rage cage?" He echoed Jared's suggestion, tearing his gaze away from Evie and Gen to look at his friend. "Can't say I've ever played, but... guess we might as well." His voice was low, more of a mumble really, as he spoke with a lazy shrug.
º º code by ditto º º

Damien Slater
"When you see my face, hope it gives you hell."

@SlutterThanThou has set their status to:
slutter.exe has stopped working

@SlutterThanThou has interacted with:
Dani

@SlutterThanThou has mentioned:
N/A

@SlutterThanThou has tagged:
sunshineysoul sunshineysoul
Thank fucking god that she'd agreed to get a drink because Damien could only handle so much fucking around on the dance floor. He flashed her a grin which perfectly showcased the shitty plastic vampire teeth and then he led her off the dance floor. Damien did less weaving through the crowd and more bumping people out of his way. It earned him more than a few remarks from his new peers and a couple shove backs, but Damien brushed it all off.

On the way, with him in front of Dani, he took the time to spit the dumb fucking teeth into the palm of his free hand. There was so much saliva on them so he quickly shoved them in the pocket of his jacket and wiped any remaining spit off on his jeans before Dani could see. Classy.

The dance table, also thank fucking god, wasn't far from the dance floor. He grabbed two cups, setting them up as Dani moved past him and hopped up on the counter. He wasted a glance over at her, offering the briefest of smiles, before he set to figuring out drinks. He picked a bottle and held it up, reading the label thoughtfully.

Slater's thoughts were rushing through the different drinks that he knew how to make to try and remember one that a) didn't taste bad, and b) would get Dani drunk as fuck.

Look, drunk girls put out easier or, at the very least, were more willing to make out. Plus drunk girls found him a bit more charming so Damien didn't even have to put in the same amount of fucking thought and work as he'd have to with a sober fucking bitch. It was obvious that Dani was already at least a little drunk, but she also had the aura of a girl that couldn't handle straight liquor. She probably needed fruity fucking cocktails and shit.

Eventually, he settled on mixing some tequila with soda (he'd of preferred juice, but hey, there weren't a ton of mixers and beggars couldn't be choosers and all that shit). First he mixed it in his own cup, bringing it up to his lips and taking a test sip. Bitter, but drinkable -- which meant that it was perfect for getting her drunk.

He mixed up one for her and held it out to her with that same smile. With cup in hand, Damien leaned against the counter next to Dani, and took a sip of the bitter drink.

"Yeah," he admitted to being new, a slight chuckle escaping his lips. "I start on Monday actually. Visuals. I make uhh... cartoons and shit." And, believe it or not, saying that you make cartoons was a horrible fucking way to pick up girls or guys -- yeah, guess how Damien had figured that one out. But he figured hey, this was an arts school, maybe his luck would be better.

"I'm gonna need someone to show me around on Monday..." he trailed off, tossing the offer out at her to be his tour guide.
º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:
Charlie Howell
@howedoyoudo has set their status to:
'Don't let on that you're worried'

@howedoyoudo has set their outfit to:
Looks like we've got another mystery on our hands!

@howedoyoudo has set their location to:
the johannes mansion

@howedoyoudo has mentioned:
Dani

@howedoyoudo has interacted with:
Cole, Amy

@howedoyoudo has tagged:
sunshineysoul sunshineysoul Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202
From the second that Charlie looked up to Cole, she instantly could feel that something was wrong. For starters, he wasn’t smiling. His greeting was forced and emotionless despite his efforts to sound enthused and connected. Even the way he raised his hand to pull the hat off of Charlie’s head felt wrong. There was no joke, no exasperated and brotherly sigh, no pretending to be annoyed. He was just a husk. The yee without a haw, if you will.

Charlie’s eyebrows furrowed together slightly as she examined his face. She couldn’t blame him for being upset. His mother was incredibly ill and with the added responsibility of taking care of Dani on his shoulders, Charlie couldn’t even begin to understand how Cole was even still functioning. Charlie had thought long and hard about what she would do if she was in Cole’s position, coming out on the other side without an answer.

That was one of Cole’s many features that Charlie admired like no other. He was so resilient, so brave even in his weakest moments. The strength was a trait that Charlie wished she could adopt from her friend, the way he acted like nothing was wrong when everything was falling apart if someone needed him. She wished that she didn’t have to rely so much on other people to feel safe, wished to be more emotionally independent like Cole. Sure, everyone had their flaws. Charlie wanted nothing to do with Cole’s anger when it spiked or his inability to entirely admit that there was an issue until it bubbled over in his brain, those traits were far too complicated to desire.

“I certainly hope we do.” Charlie said triumphantly, placing her hands dramatically on her hands and striking her best Fred pose. “But I wouldn’t mind losing to you guys. I saw Dani on my way over, you two are so cute. As long as we don’t lose to the Spider Freaks, I am a-okay. I heard that Gen’s picking two winners in each category so let’s hope that we both win.”

Charlie’s smile slowly began to fall from her face, her stupid pose crumbling. Cole was hurting and it killed her to know that there was nothing she could do to help him. No amount of jokes or piggybacks or hugs or hat thievery would take that pain away. What support could she give him? Charlie had no clue what he was going through nor could she imagine how awful it would be to have to be in his shoes. Charlie’s mom was the only person in Charlie’s life that was forever there for her, the only person that never judged or argued or disregarded her.

“Hey, uh, if it’s worth anything, I’m glad you came.” Charlie spoke calmly, reaching her hand out to give Cole’s shoulder a semi-reassuring squeeze as she forced the smile back onto her face. “I know how tough things are for you right now and that a party probably isn’t where you want to be. But I appreciate you showing up. Maybe coming here wasn’t such a bad thing. Dancing like an idiot with me may not take away the pain but maybe, even if for a little while, we can get your mind off of things. Your mom would want you to have fun. And hey, here’s another idea! I can borrow a camera from the Johanneses and we can take some pictures of your costume group to send to her. I’m sure she’d like that.”

A sudden weight on Charlie’s shoulders and the top of her head caused her to buckle slightly. Steadying herself by wrapping her arm around the person beside her, Charlie looked over to the person and giggled softly as she came to the realization that the person was a rather drunk Amy. Tightening her grip around Amy’s waist, Charlie stood up straighter and shifted her weight so that Amy had more support.

“Well hello to you too, Velma.” Charlie laughed, looking over to Cole with a quick apologetic look. Amy’s laugh caused Charlie to shake her hand with a smile. “Ooooh there’s the drunk giggle. We were supposed to be hunting ghosts, Miss Velma, not the alcohol content in hard lemonade. Don’t worry, you’re not interrupting. We were actually just about to go grab some drinks and get this party started, unless you’ve got plans, Woody?”

º º code by ditto º

Corey Preston
How are you feeling?
like a friend who is there for his friend
What are you wearing?
Where are you?
Gen and Eli's Pad
Did you mention anyone?
Maddie, Kane, and Javi
Who are you talking to?
Maddie, Kane, and Javi
And, like, tagging?
This was uncomfortable. Corey felt uncomfortable.

Not because he had fallen down and didn't get up to his feet. As much as his knees ached from falling, Corey wasn't feeling any sense of discomfort from that. It was due to the elevated tones that came from Javi and Maddie. His heartrate increased exponentially the minute Javi began touting obscenities at his best friend.

And inside, Corey wanted to do something about that. Inside, as soon as he cursed Maddie's way, he felt his stomach tighten up in the way it always did when he became frustrated with something. Usually, it was about not knowing the answer for an answer on a test or not having enough heavy cream for his cream puffs. But right now, it was a direct cause of Javi yelling at his best friend.

Corey knew Javi's relationship with Maddie. He knew it because Maddie used him as a cover while she saw him. And he never had any problem with that. Corey never second-guessed that part because, at the end of the day, Corey would do anything for Maddie. That's been the case ever since they became friends. But as much as that's been the case for the past year, Corey kept finding himself in situations that often led him experiencing something he hadn't until recently.

Jealousy.

He didn't know exactly when it started or which of Maddie's secret flings that triggered it, but at some point, seeing her with guys and hearing about how they hurt her or whatever the cause was, there was a moment where Corey stopped just being her friend and..

Just get over it! None of it gives you the right to be such a di-"

"You didn't even give me a FUCKING call, Mads!"

The sharpness of their voices brought the fallen angel out of his deep thought and he saw Maddie take off. The moment she stepped away from the couch, Corey made like a phoenix and rose up from the ashes of his fall. "Excuse me," Corey said as he tumbled into a jog past Kane. He avoided eye contact with Javi as much as he could. "Hope you enjoy the party, Kane," Corey would say in passing as he followed Maddie's trail.

It wasn't hard for him to follow her. Even among all of the colorful costumes, the black and red of Maddie's made it easy to fixate on. And let's say she had a unique figure that allowed him to spot her out of a crowd easily

...Not that Corey explicitly paid attention to her in that way or anything.

Okay, maybe a little.

Regardless, as Corey shifted his way through the crowd multiple times, he caught the sight of Maddie's costume go out the front door.

Just about four seconds on the dot after it had closed, he opened and spotted her about halfway down the driveway.

The chill of the night hit him like the freezing sweetness of a vanilla drumstick fresh out of the freezer. Every part of him that could stand up at attention did when the slight breeze passed through him, but Corey didn't pay it any mind as he approached Maddie from behind, stepping slightly to her right. "Hey.." His voice came out somewhat low but in a very Corey Preston-like way. "What he said - he..he was out of line." Corey said that with the conviction of someone who not only believed it with every cell in his body but also as someone who has been by Maddie's side through everything in the past year.

º º code by ditto º º​

"Stop taking life so seriously..."
Dorian Harlow
@FindingDori has set status to:
"Do you need some ICEcream for that?"

@FindingDori has set outfit to:
Hot, now hatless, pirate.

@FindingDori has set location to:
Minnie's car.

@FindingDori has interacted with:
Minnie.

@FindingDori has tagged:

sunshineysoul sunshineysoul
If there was one thing about Dorian it's that he was stubborn. In a good way...sometimes. He could get anyone to eventually open up because he really was a good listener and he tried to be just as good at comforting but he could also be extremely annoying. It's just that he wasn't the type to really take no for an answer when it came to his friends being in need. No matter the situation. Money, a shoulder to cry on, whatever the case Dorian was very persistent.

With that said, he was fully committed to not leaving the car until Minnie talked to him about what was on her mind. Of course, he hoped she cracked sooner rather than later because he also knew JJ was waiting on him. As much as he hoped she'd understand why she left, he was fully prepared for her to toss some petty remarks his way about him leaving with Minnie. It was just how JJ was.

Dorian knew that people didn't understand what he had going on with JJ but it didn't bother him. They didn't need to get it. He did. Up until now they just hooked up but he honestly had begun to have feelings for her beyond that. He only hoped he wasn't alone in that or else his conversation with her later would end up very embarrassing for him.

Dorian had lost track of how long the silence was lingering as he drove but suddenly Minnie shifted in her seat and his eyes flickered over to her briefly. As if on cue, the blonde girl finally began to spill why she was so upset. Bingo.

"I don't do Halloween because of my dad. He abused me for the entirety that he was in my life, and it all stemmed from that stupid day. Halloween's his birthday, actually. His abusive ass never wanted anything to do with me on his birthday, so he always forced me into costumes I hated and would try and shove me out the door, trying to get me to go trick-or-treating with a bunch of strangers."

Oh, right. Dorian remembered Minnie talking about her dad once before but she never went into detail. It was one of those nights when they were running lines and it was super later. They were just talking and working on ideas for her movie idea, coffee in hand as they finally took a break. He remembered something about her dad in there but she kinda closed up and seemed uncomfortable about the topic. He didn't know her well enough to pry back then so he hadn't.

He could hear the hurt in her voice becoming more and more apparent. "Minnie, I'm so sorry that you even have to deal with that shit. You're such a strong person to pull through your childhood trauma and make something of yourself," he started, as they turned into the neighborhood. He had to pause for a second to decide on what to say next though he still didn't think what he had in mind was enough.

"I mean, you're dad sounds like a tool. He seriously doesn't deserve even a second of your time. The guy sees that you're making a name for yourself and he feels entitled to be a part of that but he's not. You made yourself successful. He wasn't there and he doesn't get to come back when he thinks he can get something from you," Dorian said, not looking away from the road. "I know it sounds cliche or easier to say than do but he shouldn't get to have a hold on your life. You deserve so much more than that," he added.
º º code by ditto º º

cole howard
@howdy.coleboy has set their status to:
don't let them see

@howdy.coleboy has set their outfit to:
Link to outfit.

@howdy.coleboy has set their location to:
somewhere in the mansion

@howdy.coleboy has mentioned:
N/A

@howdy.coleboy has interacted with:
charlie & amy

@howdy.coleboyhas tagged:
geminiy geminiy Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202

@howdy.coleboy has written a tl;dr:
drinksdrinksdrinksdrinks

cole's first instinct was to roll his eyes at charlie's words, he had to fight so hard to not look annoyed. it was one of the main reasons he wanted to keep the situation with his mom as quiet as possible. he hated how people got babied when they were going through something like this, everyone always asking what they needed, talking to them in the same tone of voice you talk to a child who just skinned their knee. cole hated it.

however, he knew charlie meant well. of course it wasn't her intention to baby him, he knew that. he knew that she was just trying to be a good friend, which she was good at, so he tried to minimize the annoyance on his face. he knew deep down that she was right, his mom would love to see him and dani dressed up as one of her favorite disney movies. he was about to respond when amy came up, using charlie as a personal arm rest.

cole forced a smile, he forced an upbeat attitude, not wanting anyone else to catch on to his actual mood.

amy was very obviously drunk, how she walked, couldn't stand without wobbling a bit, charlie even had to put her arm around her to help her keep her balance. it brought a genuine smirk to his face, cole was always entertained watching drunk people try to not be drunk

cole normally didn't drink, at least not enough to get drunk. it made him easier to anger, more irritable, and he never thought about his actions. he didn't like himself drunk & he always tried to not even start drinking. he knew he got addicted when he started drinking, he wouldn't be able to stop.

but when charlie brought up getting drinks, cole couldn't think of anything better to do. as soon as drinks were mentioned, his entire brain shifted to only thinking about drinks.

"i have exactly zero plans, let's go!" he continued the happy facade, following the girls towards wherever the drinks were.

º º code by ditto º º

Bobby Carson

mood: Embarrassed anxious

tag Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202

outfit:
(GIF)

Headset: https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61cBweAGaPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Sadly for Stella Bobby knew her to well. Even though it had been years he could still see it instantly that something was wrong with his ex/still deep crush. Watching as she slipped around him to grab a water bottle and lean against the counter he watched her. Still keeping his smile on his face he stood next to her. Looking over his beautiful ex and unable to stare her down with one could say maybe loving eyes. “It’s great to see you too again. Yeah it’s pretty chill so far.” Bobby said glancing out over the party before back to Stella.

He knew she was drunk. Truly that much was obvious as they where at a party after all. Maybe that was why he could tell so easily that something was wrong and wanted to help her. He had always been there for her, here to help Stella with anything she wanted or if she needed someone to talk to he was there even if they weren’t together and it had been years.

So many years that he was almost nervous to ask her. As he looked at her he could see it despite her rather cute attempts to try and hide it. “What about you stell? Having a good night.... everything Uh ok?” He asked her trying to somewhat hide his gentle questioning to see if she was alright.

coded by weldherwings.

Cool Kids by Echosmith
Jace West
"Who am I to tell me who I am?"

They were--

What?

Jace decided that he simply didn't understand the inner workings of Callum, or probably most people. If beer pong sucked -- which both boys had agreed it did -- then why in the heck would they want to subject themselves to it? Had Jace not been tortured enough upon being forced to play with Dorian and losing terribly?

With a confused expression still gracing the skinny blonde's face, he watched as Callum started to pour tequila into each cup. What alcohol percentage was tequila? Like eighty-five percent or something wild like that? How long, he wondered, would it take for him to get so drunk from the disgusting liquid that he'd be stripping on the ping pong table? Or, or, or... making out with a plant or something. That's what drunk people did, right? It sounded right.

Oh no, oh no, oh no.

His thoughts were nothing more than an endless waterfall of worry after worry, all of which piled up and made Jace freeze up, eyes glued to the cups of tequila as he tried to figure out how to get out of this. Perhaps he could pour the tequila into plants -- yeah, pull the ol' "oh, look over there!" and when Callum's back was turned, he'd pour it into the closest plant and when Callum turned back to him, Jace would just uhh... just uhh... like... be all like uhh... "yum, that's some gooooooddd alcohol."

Yeah, that's definitely what happened said after taking a shot.

A shot? Were these shots?

Reluctantly, Jace moved to stand at the end of the table. His shoulders were naturally slouched and he was still looking down at the cups, until Callum spoke up, telling him to what -- look alive? Bitch please, did he look dead?

And then Callum threw the ball and it was as if everything happened in slow motion. Jace watched the ball on its trajectory towards his face, but there was nothing he could do as the ball smacked him straight in the eye.

He let out a small yelp of pain, his hand going up to cover his eye as he glared across the table at Callum. Great, GREAT. Now he was going to be drunk and have to have an eye patch because he bet that ball, covered in whatever manner from the floor and coated with dry beer, had probably infected his poor eye and it was going to fall out and, and, and--

Jace didn't want to be a pirate for one night, let alone for the REST OF HIS GODDAMN LIFE.

"Your move," was Callum's callous remark, which just earned a bigger glare from Jace.

"Dude," he whined, his voice cracking as he spoke. "You gotta..." with his free hand, he waved aggressively in the direction of the cups. "In those, not in my eye."

Jace sniffed. No, he wasn't going to cry. He pulled his hand away from his eye, but he kept it closed with the eye dramatically twitching. Slowly, carefully, gingerly, he tried opening his eye and ended up just rapidly blinking it. He sniffed again, wiping away at his watering eye which was definitely not watering with tears.

And then he picked up the ping pong ball and went to toss it but, the watering eye plus Jace's severe lack of hand-eye coordination, tripled with the fact that he just... had no idea how to throw a ball meant that the ping pong ball went whooshing past Callum's head until it met an unfortunate end against the back wall.

Well.

Beer pong was going great.
| mentions: N/A | interactions: Callum | tags: hery hery |
º º code by ditto º º

"Queens without Kings are historically better"
Naomi Elizondo
@MiniMimi has set their status to:
This is my idea of fun

@MiniMimi has set their outfit to:
Werewolf rawr

@MiniMimi has set their location to:
Halloween party

@MiniMimi has mentioned:
Casey, Nic, (technically jo and Saint, not by name)

@MiniMini has Interacted with:
Alex ( Soap Soap )
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽

The look on the tall brunettes face was absolutely breathtaking. The mesmerized look in the eyes of someone she was with was exactly the kind of thing that Naomi longed for. That look was what she always aimed for, because it meant they were holding onto her every word almost like a spell. Maybe a bit narcissistic, but having that kind of undivided attention was what girls like her lived for. She wanted her words to matter, which is probably why she loves to write. She wants to be heard and to captivate those around who dare to look. Like the irresistible sirens song.

Admittedly while it was never her intention to lead anyone to their doom, it was also never her intention to be exactly "loving" either. A fine line she was trying to walk right now. But honestly? It was fun. This was fun to her, the adrenaline, the rush, the uncertainty, the dive. It was the illusion of control over a situation while knowing internally she was loosing that grip. It'd been a long time since she'd gotten this close to the edge with someone.

As Alex tried to respond to her question Naomi did her best not to giggle. She was damn near speechless, how cute. She even had to clear her throat. before responding. She had no doubts that she'd agree, but she always waited for confirmation. Despite what recent gossip might have people believe she was all about consent. She never forced advances on someone. Luckily those rumor's were far and few between since it seemed the major other players weren't big gossips. It was mostly small whispers from people who were at the party and saw them.

Her thoughts quickly shifted as she felt their fingers lace together. Oddly enough a soothing feeling washed over her at the gesture. It felt...nice. Warm, soft, secure. She glanced down briefly as she walked at their hands, and they just fit so naturally it seemed. It was an odd new sensation, and a part of her was nervous, but the overwhelming part of her wanted to see it through. Curiosity killed the cat, but she knew only satisfaction would bring it back.

She decided to lead her back outside since there were significantly less people around and took her by the pool side to sit. The way the pool reflected the moonlight was beautiful and calming despite all the chaos that was probably happening behind them in the house. Nope she just wanted to chill out here in the cool chirp air looking at the beautiful sky and the even more radiant girl beside her.

She didn't take off her shoes and dip her feet in though, well not yet she probably would eventually if it wasn't too cold. Her ears perked up when Alex began to talk again, "Hmm Sounds like a real catch that one." She giggled dipping her finger tips into the water to test it out. Yup super cold. She turned to face her with a grin, "Oh really now? You've got her all figured out already huh?" She giggled flicking some of the water at her for a bit of playful shock.

She wished that were true. She wished Alex was a cheat-sheet on all things about her, but nobody here really knew her. Well that wasn't fair. Toni did but he's family. She liked to think Nic and Casey did too, but even they didn't know everything since while they were friends they didn't talk like ALL the time like a lot of people around here do. She'd like to add Alex to that list tho, she seemed sweet, and understanding, and not a judgmental jackass like so many other people in this place. Could a girl like Alex really accept Naomi for all her flaws? Or did she only like the view of what she'd been shown. The label the school and her peers had basically given her. Could she really handle it?

Naomi wasn't sure, but she knew tonight wasn't the night to find out. Tonight was going to be fun. Just fun.

And part of that fun was going to be not letting her out compliment her, "You know." She hummed softly, "I've actually got a friend here too that I was gonna met up with." And why not keep playing at her little game? It was different and she liked different. "She's a waaaay outta my league kinda girl, so I consider myself lucky whenever she's around." She smiled softly before reaching out to push a strand of her hair out of her face, "She's that kinda natural beauty that doesn't even have to try to be absolutely breathtaking." She grins, "Plus I get to learn all sorts of cool facts from her because she's super smart." She giggled at the last part.

"Yah she's one special gal that Alejandra. Maybe if I'm lucky she'll spend a little extra time with me." she winked.
º º code by ditto º º

"Focus on me, I'm about to blow them all away"
Stella Bailey
@Steller.Bae has set their status to:
Yup this is my life

@Steller.Bae has set their outfit to:
Pika-pika

@Steller.Bae has set their location to:
Halloween party

@Steller.Bae has mentioned:
Zephyr

@Steller.Bae has Interacted with:
Bobby ( Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving )
✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯

Everything was a bit hazy, a bit dizzy, and she knew she was going to hate herself tomorrow. She nodded slowly at his words while sipping on her water bottle. "That's good." she chimed. While not usually a lady of so few words...articulating was hard right now. Making sure she wasn't slurring her words to high hell was a mental challenge. As he starred at the crowd she scanned to scavenge anything left to eat with bread on it. There were still a few crackers on a platter so she helped herself. Anything would help at this point. Truly it was a god send to her stomach but it reminded her of why she rarely got THIS drunk.

She couldn't remember the last time she drank this much. Oh wait no she could. It was the party after her asshole of an Ex dumped her. She was pretty sure that was the same night she met Ryder? She could only guess because that was the night she didn't stop drinking. She was blacked out most of the night, and the rest of it was really foggy. All she remembered was the next day Zeph taking care of her. Poor guy from that point on was always picking up her pieces. Dealing with her bossy demanding attitude. Truly it was a wonder such a nice guy would even wanna be her best friend.

She glanced up at Bobby for a moment. It'd been years, and they've never really partied together. They were so young when they first dated it was weird seeing him now with a beer in hand at a party. They used to just chill out and vibe, not really out and about too much. They'd both grown up so much. She wondered what else had changed about him, what else had stayed the same. She told herself all this time that distance was for the best, but they were older now. They could be more then civil , they could be friends too. Why not? Not like they broke up on bad terms. They attended the same school and everything. What harm could it do to re-get to know one another?

Then he asked the question. Now this was a very casual question to ask, and on a normal night very easy to answer. However with the night she'd had it was suddenly like a huge pressure was back on her shoulders. Ugh she'd spent all night drinking to NOT think about it, and such a simple question brings it all back. "Yah the night's fine I guess." It wasn't a lie the vast majority of the night was fine. Just hiccups of bad news here and there strung throughout it that she was letting overwhelm and panic her.

Like how she was now thinking about how much Zeph must be mad at her for totally ditching him. Sure she said bye, but still they were here for like 5 minuets if that before she literally ran off. And with the lamest excuse in the book. He deserved an apology. He deserved to know what was going on. Damn it all, why was she suddenly being such a sucky friend? Panic was NOT a good look on Stella. She was calm, cool, collected Stella bailey for crying out loud. Not your average 15 year old ditz. Yet here she was certainly acting like one.

Before she even realized it she answered the second part of his question while still worrying about Zeph, "No." Well fuck that wasn't what she meant to say. Why was it always so easy to tell him things? Her inability to really lie to Bobby was one of the several reasons they'd gotten together in the first place. She painted on a smile right afterwards, "But you know me, I'll get it all worked out eventually. I always do." She hummed taking another sip.

This wasn't his problem anymore. She wasn't his responsibility anymore. It wasn't his job to coddle her, or take care of her, or to be her rock anymore. It hadn't been for a long time. She was strong and independent and had been handling her own shit without him for a few years now and there was no reason for that to change now. Even if they did reconnect that didn't mean she should start dumping all her problems on him. He was having a good night, and there was no need for her to ruin that.

But a part of her did long to talk to him, even if not about this bullshit. "But uh...thanks for asking. It means a lot to me that you still care." Her smile now genuine and warm. Because it did warm her heart that he'd even bother to ask. Because she knew he had to be able to tell she wasn't ok despite her best drunken efforts. "We still never planned that hang out! I'm free this weekend after I'm done nursing this inevitable hang over." She giggled. "We can have lunch and catch up!"

She smiled and took a deep breathe finishing down her water before tossing it in the trash. "Call me ok?" She chimed before taking out her phone and sending him a DM on twitter of her phone number in case he had lost it. "There now you've got no excuse." She grinned wrapping her arms around him for a hug and giving him a light squeeze. It felt nice, and was one of the few familiar things about him she knew would never change. The feeling of being wrapped up in his arms to let the world around fade away for a bit.

It was getting late and Zeph was her ride home. Well they uberd here, but she liked leaving in the same company she arrived with. Just left like good manners. Not to mention she owed him that apology still. "I've gotta go find my friend before he ditches me for his new bromeo" She giggled. "See you this weekend." She hummed before grabbing one more bottle of water for the road, and walking off to find Zeph. A little bit better at walking then she had been before their conversation started which was a bit of a mental relief. At the very least she felt a bit better. Who knew hugs were the cure?
º º code by ditto º º

"Dangerously Soft"
Amethyst Jones
@If.U.Seek.Amy has set their status to:
Friends!

@If.U.Seek.Amy has set their outfit to:
Jinkies 🤓

@If.U.Seek.Amy has set their location to:
Halloween party

@If.U.Seek.Amy has mentioned:
Kordei, Trev, Lin

@If.U.Seek.Amy has interacted with:
Charlie ( geminiy geminiy ), Cole ( sunshineysoul sunshineysoul )
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗

Amy adjusted as Charlie did to her weight being on the smaller girl. She appreciated the extra bit of support as her arm wrapped around her to keep her steady. She didn't realize how drunk she'd gotten until now because only now was she realizing how much the support was needed. Thank goodness she wasn't in heels or anything. She was wearing spanx under her skirt as well so there was no fear there. Maybe that was the real problem. She got drunk with zero fear of repercussions.

She couldn't help but laugh at Charlie's teasing. Letting a mischievous smirk curl onto her lips she held up her finger wagging like she knew what she was talking about, "See that's the tricks my dear Freddy. The ghosties were hidin in the liquor cabinet! I helped solved the mystery with my fool proof plan." She giggled.

She smiled over at Cole with her brightened grin, "It's good to see you too cowboy!" She was none the wiser to anything going on with him, but at this point she was none the wiser to anything happening around her. At the mention of more drinking she had to politely bow out despite how much she really wanted to keep drinking. "I'd love to go for one more drink Char, but if I don't chill out it's gonna be Homecoming all over again." She sighed running her fingers through her wig, "And I don't think you or Trev wanna deal with that...well mostly Trev not wanting potential puke in his car." She giggled a bit bashfully.

While she knew Char would definitely take care of her, she also knew Charlie had plans tonight with Lin so she needed to be at least sober enough that Char wouldn't be worried about her by the end of the night. Kordei had dealt with her drunken stupor and made sure she was ok most of the rest of the night after everyone left the party. He literally had to pick her up and tuck her into bed. It would've stayed a sweet gesture had that been where the night ended for him too. But alas it wasn't and so that was another part of that night she'd like to forget, and not have repeats of.

"I'mma actually go find the little ladies room. Once you're done having fun Char I'll be probably...on the couch? Yah couches sound cozy." She hummed giving her best friend a tight squeeze of a hug, "Love you Char." She sang before waltzing off to find a bathroom.

She found one eventually but the line was ridiculous! Honestly she felt like all the guys in line could've found a nice hidden bush in the back yard or something. Maybe that wasn't classy, but she had to go super bad and they could pee anywhere cause they can stand! Also while she knew there had to be more then one bathroom in this mansion the idea of going on a scavenger hunt for it wasn't appealing either, especially if she just wound up back here to an even longer wait.

Between waiting in line to use the restroom, washing her face clean a bit to refresh her senses, and wondering around trying to find the damn basement for Karaoke…Amy was ready to just chill on the couch and wait for her roommates to be done partying. She grabbed a water bottle since she might as well start sobering up now that she'd broken the seal. Her eyes scanned that party watching it start to calm down a bit. She supposed this was a really good night. Best one she'd had out with her friends in what felt like forever.
º º code by ditto º º

Hunter Drake
How are you feeling?
hunter drake boyfriend mode activated
What are you wearing?
Where are you?
Party
Did you mention anyone?
Nickie
Who are you talking to?
Some foxy lady
And, like, tagging?
Hunter blinked at Nickie, trying to play back what she said for his benefit and his alone, because he wasn't sure if he heard her right.

Did she say what I think she did?

Yep. She did.

In the pit of his stomach, where he usually felt it rumble when he was hungry or about to do something dangerously stupid, Hunter felt it rumble. It was like two warring thunder clouds were duking it out. One didn't know what to make of it and was making noise for the sake of it and the other was doing backflips.

And that's exactly how Hunter felt at this very moment.

It was no secret - and especially to NIckie at this point - that Hunter had longed to be official with Nickie. From the moment they shared in her car after Homecoming (and maybe a bit before), he had it in his head that he wanted to be her boyfriend, but between his conflicting feelings, everyone giving her shit for her alleged simping, and just...everything that happened with Liv and the death of Jasquisha, he never knew when the right time to go for it would be. EVen after he told her he loved her and casually threw an implication of the idea, he didn't actually say it.

Did part of him feel like he dropped the ball because he didn't ask first? Maybe, but he was trying to shut that side of his brain long enough for him to deal with the realization that she wanted what he wanted. He didn't care that she was the one who told him she loved him first or that it took him a little over two weeks to come to the realization that he felt the same. The bottom line was this: she did love him and she wanted to be with him in the same way he did.

If Dei and Chas were here and could see him, they'd probably be disappointed. Especially Dei since he's always told Hunter not to settle down so soon. But they weren't here and as much as they mean to him, Hunter had to make decisions for himself now.

"I don't know...if that's what you want."

"Oh, it is," he said without missing a beat, smiling at Nickie. He laughed dryly. "I've wanted it for a while. I never said anything cause, I guess if I think about it, I didn't know how to say it." Or more like you didn't know if you'd lose Dei as a brother, right? Yeah, probably. "But I do want it. I mean, I want you and I want to be with you." Hunter hated he didn't have a wider vocabulary.

So he let actions speak louder as he stole a kiss from Nickie. It was in the heat of the moment and it brought him back to when he kissed her at Dei's party. That's when he started to feel things for her and now it's come full circle.

º º code by ditto º º​

minerva frost
@minifrostie has set their status to:
fuck feelings

@minifrostie has set their outfit to:
scandalous midrift

@minifrostie has set their location to:
in her car

@minifrostie has mentioned:
evie, gen

@minifrostie has interacted with:
dorian

@minifrostie has tagged:
jasmyn jasmyn

@minifrostie has written a tl;dr:
opening up is a bitch

"you say that like i can just forget about him. like i can just forget about everything he's done. he is a filthy human being, and i came from him. i'm his child. do you get what it's like to have such a shitbag parent? because i know i came from that, i'm a miniature version of said shitbag."

there were no stopping the tears now. too many memories were coming, all too fast. for every memory she had of her father, another tear fell down her face.

now, minnie didn't sob. nope. she found it pathetic. she already found crying pathetic, but if there was one thing she didn't do, it was sob like a child. she hadn't done that until her father kidnapped her and her brother and ran from the cops.

but she was definitely crying. her eyes were more glossy than normal, welling with tears. once the first few fell, you couldn't even tell when the others would fall. it almost looked as if there were steady streams of tears flowing from her eyes to her chin.

and her voice, it sounded like someone who was crying, but how she talked, her pauses and phrasing, completely normal. minnie didn't know if it was because she was so used to crying and talking through it or if she was just that determined to not start sobbing, but she had to swallow it down. the tears, the voice, they were all stepping stones to full out sobbing.

"damn straight i made myself successful. and what do i get for it? i published the final book in my trilogy and got to go on my book tour. and what do i get for it? i get slapped in the face with the reality that i'm leaving my friends behind when they need me. i'm already being the same shitbag my father was to us."

tonight, all the stars were aligned for minnie to not have a good time. it was halloween, her father's birthday, said father had texted her just the day before claiming he was all better, she busted up her hand from punching saint, dorian didn't let her leave, and now her best friend was having the worst night of her life, and where was minnie? getting ice cream.

ever since her father left her and her brother in that car with the cops surrounding them, minnie's had abandonment issues. which doesn't make sense, all minnie ever wanted as a kid was for her father to leave. but apparently, the naive part of her wished he would have a change of heart. the naive part of her felt like that was still her dad and the naive part of her was still terrified and the naive part of her just wanted to be held and comforted and yet he just left. left her in the back of that car, ose bleeding, violently shaking.

minnie felt some of the same shaking coming on. she tried to swallow, hoping that would help, even if a little bit.

it was her biggest insecurity, turning out like her dad, but yet here she was, doing exactly what he did. her she was, running away when her friends needed her. she was gone when evie went through the dei/amy/nate shit, and now she was gone when gen was going through her liv shit, she was even gone when the liv shit started.

"all he was known for in my life was leaving. and that's all i ever do. i just fucking leave when people need me the most, and then i expect them to be there for me when i need someone. it's no wonder i'm losing my best friends."

at this point, minnie forgot who exactly she was talking to. which is exactly the kind of person dorian was to her. he knew exactly when to be quiet and listen and when to talk, it was like she was talking to her own conscious, if her conscious was actually sensible and could be impartial to her issues. it's another reason she always found herself opening up to dorian when she didn't want to. he was just, easy to talk to.

but when reality set back in, she realized that she probably fucked up. she realized that she probably freaked him out & she definitely sensed some kind of awh you're not like your dad or awh you're not losing your friends type speech.

º º code by ditto º º

• LINDSAY KAY •
@justlindsayin has set his status to:
and im feeeeeeeelin...gooooooood BAWN BAWN BAWN BAWN BAWN

@justlindsayin has set his outfit to:
daphne and im fuckin rockin it lmaooooooo

@justlindsayin has set his location to:
gennys place

@justlindsayin has mentioned:
n/a

@justlindsayin has interacted with:
zephy charlie and cole

@justlindsayin has tagged:
Winona Winona geminiy geminiy sunshineysoul sunshineysoul

@justlindsayin has written a tl;dr:
Lin runs through the party in the nearly-nude, and then redresses, heads back to the snack table, and asks Zeph what's next.
halloween update:
The more that Lin talked to Zeph, the more that he liked the guy. There was just something so funny about the dude. He was a betting newb but insisted that he beat the betxpert, which was funny as hell because even other betxperts couldn’t beat Lin. His idea of a good punishment dare was not-even-streaking through a party, but that was something that Lin did on the regular. He was the best fucking hype man to the point that he said that he would cheer on he and his girlfriend while he had sex—

And plus, it was funny to see someone trying so hard, luhmao.

Lin swallowed the hunk of gummy in his mouth, swallowing hard to get it all down and laughing. “Boh-ring!” he mocked, grinning as he tore open another bag of Scooby snacks and poured them all into his mouth again. “That was nothing, luhmao! Wrack your brain, bro!” he teased, chewing his gummies with his mouth wide open.

In all honesty, Lin didn’t really wanna do anything else, but he wanted to see what other innocuous things that Zeph would come up and say like they were absolutely outrageous when it was actually shit like “lick the diving board” or “make out with a tree”— been there, done that, would do again, luhmao.

“Eh, I wanna find Charlie, anyway.” Lin shrugged, tossing the empty gummy package on the floor and grinning at Zeph as he swallowed his hunk of gummies. “I got all of this candy— you can come back and get some, but I might as well share with my girlfriend.” He grinned. “Goirlfriend, mee-ow,” he repeated. He laughed, giving his shoulders a wiggle. “The Fred to my Daphne, ya know? Isn’t that just fucking great? We’re the fucking best, right?” he gushed— though he didn’t realize. “I wanna find her and give her a bro ring, too. Bropose to her, too, luhmao. I wonder if she saw me streaking— luhmao, I hope someone filmed it. I wanna see that shit and rate my form.” He held his forefingers and thumbs extended in front of himself, making them a square as if it was a camera lens. “Camera Linds, set, right on the smiley face.”

He laughed exuberantly, dropping his hands and grabbing up a ring pop. “I’mma go do that, bro— but hey, we should hang later, man.” He gave his new friend a tight squeeze around the middle, and then a slap on his back with a grin. “Yo, actually, bro— if you’re free tomorrow, you and me should go and do something, luhmao!” He laughed happily. “Oh, shit, you know what we could do? C’mere, c’mere, c’mere.” He wiggled his fingers beside his face as a gesture to get Zeph to lean down closer to his ear. He cupped his hand around his ear. “You, me, Dollar General, those…” He pulled back for a second, holding his fist out in front of himself and moving it up and down. “…whooo-whooo-whooo!…” He leaned in again. “…sticks that go…” He leaned out again, making the gesture once more. “…whooo-whooo-whooo…” He leaned back in again. “…when you turn them upside down and rightside up, probably some candy bars, maybe some nail trimmers, probably some vanilla wafers…hell, might as well throw in one of those plastic ponies, too…and then, after we get that stuff, we hang in my condo and sword fight with that shit.”

He pulled back from Zeph’s ear, grinning. “If you’re down, man, just lemme know.” He laughed excitedly, patting him on his back. “We’ll have hella fun, bro.”

He turned on his heel, planting his feet, and then he dashed off. “Feel ya later, Zephy!” he called, waving to him.

Yeah, Lin didn’t really walk much of anywhere.

Ring pop in hand, Lin searched the room for Charlie, Mitsubishi yapping at his heels. A few people laughed as he walked by, and he grinned proudly: hell yeah, you just saw me run by in a sports bra and smiley face underwear. Keep lookin’, keep lookin’.

He spotted a particularly Charlie-looking Fred standing near the living room, and his grin broadened, his pace slowing.

On his tip-toes, he crept up behind Charlie, and then, he suddenly reached out, grabbing her shoulders and pulling her backwards with a grin and a “boo!”, laughing loudly at her reaction and stepping back. “Yo, Charlemagne!” He looked at her company, grinning. “Yo, Coleslaw!” He stepped to stand to the side of the two, picking up his yapping dog and laughing happily. “Oh, a Ring Pop for you, Charleston,” he said, and he grinned at Cole. “Hol’ up—“ He reached down his dress.

Out from his dress came a small box of grape Nerds— assumedly from within his sports bra. “Nerds for you, Nicole,” he said, grinning and offering them to the other boy.

He leaned in to kiss Charlie’s cheek, and then he grinned. “How’s the CH crewww?” he asked happily, bouncing on his heels. His dog lapped at his face, and he grinned at her before looking back at the two. “How’s the night been, Terminator and Com-pen-nay?" He wiggled his shoulders. "Razzley-dazzley? Action-packed? Rippin’? Gnarrrrly?" He laughed happily. "Luhmao!”

If it wasn’t obvious, his sugar high was at a peak.

lmao catch you later
. Lin Kay .
º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:
"might go down as g-o-d..."
saint taylor
@sainttay has set his status to:
Talking...again...

@sainttay has set his outfit to:
Simple...

@sainttay has set his location to:
The party...

@sainttay has mentioned:
Dei...

@sainttay has interacted with:
Jo (through text)...Amy...Ava...

@sainttay has tagged:
Winona Winona jasmyn jasmyn Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202

@sainttay has written a tl;dr:
Saint talks with Ava, goes to the bathroom and texts Jo (and ends up saying that he'll be her driver), and sits on the couch...to speak with Amy.
✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦
✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧
✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦
✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧
✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦
✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧
✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦
✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧
✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦
✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧
✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦
Saint swallowed a drink from his cup with a slight shrug at Ava’s question of why a cow?. “I like cows,” he said simply. Why else would he make things? If he didn’t want to make them— or if he didn’t like what he was making— then there wasn’t any point in making it. It just turned out bland in that case. He wanted to make a cow with feeling. “Her tentative name is Betsy…since we must name our art pieces.”

A smile flicked across his face at the fact that he’d guessed that he’d guessed her department correctly. He knew that he was good at perceiving things about others, and it was proven yet again in this minor instance. “A novel…how novel,” he joked lightly, and he let out an amused puff of air from his nose. “Pardon, that was bad,” he said, shaking his head slightly. “I’m amazed by writers, though. I don’t have a ton of free time or anything, but when I do, I often read…I’d be interested in reading your writing. Horror is my favorite genre,” he said, giving her a slight nod. “Suspense is a difficult emotion to capture, and it’s not one that I personally explore much in my art, but I’ve been turning over an idea for such a thing…a transformative fiberglass piece…” He trailed off, his eyes moving back to his cup as a few ideas for future projects drifted through his mind.

He took another drink from his cup, and when he swallowed, he cleared his mind once more. “Video games are also an interesting medium,” he said, nodding slightly. “It’s interesting to think that, even just a hundred years ago, no one would have considered such a thing, and now, we’re able to consume it at any instant, practically. Every idea— every good idea— is nearly entirely original in the format, seeing as it’s so new…and you seem like the type of person who could be another original.” He nodded. “Plus, on a not-as-serious note…video games are hella fun, and I don’t blame you for wanting to work on one.”

He sat his cup down for a moment. “I actually sculpted some figures for reference by video game developers a year ago. It was a small game called…Irkin’s Doom or something along those lines. Perhaps you’ve heard of it, perhaps you haven’t. I played it and enjoyed it…” He paused a moment. “They sent me the concepts and asked me to make them into 3D versions. There was…a roughly two-foot tall basilisk, a six-inch tentacle creature…it was certainly an experience.”

It was one of his proudest project. He’d lived on about six hours of sleep in total for the whole week that he worked on it, but it had been worth it. Besides, it had turned out well for him. He’d gotten a great commission from it, and he’d gotten more connections in the industry.

Yes, it had been before his collapsing, and no, it had nothing to do with that.

His phone in his pocket buzzed (which rarely happened, seeing as he had his Twitter notifications set to “only dms”) and he pulled it from his pocket. His eyes flicked down to the notification, and, sure enough, it was a dm. Though it was late night on a Saturday (that just happened to be Halloween), he assumed that it was a business inquiry, and he might as well answer it. That said, he didn’t want to necessarily do such a thing during a conversation going as pleasantly as this one was.

He sighed softly. “Ava,” he said, and then shook his head slightly, cracking a small smile. “Ah, JJ, pardon…” He picked up his cup again. “I believe that I’m going to head to the restroom.” He took a final sip of his cup. “If I don’t see you the rest of the night, have a nice one…” He looked her over again, considering for a moment before deciding to offer, regardless of how she took the question, since she seemed sensible enough to take his words at face value, as he meant them. “You and I should get together some time and play some games or something…I think that I’d like to get to know you more.”

With that, he gave a subtle nod and walked away, making his slow but determined way to the bathroom.

After a few moments of doing what bathrooms were intended for in the bathroom, he leaned against the sink, pulling his phone from his pocket once again.

“Well…shit,” he muttered when he saw the name of who had sent him the dm.

f TWITTER fillerfillerfillerfiiiifillfiierfillerfiller 4 minutes ago

Jo
one new message

why did u do tht?

He sighed softly through his nose. He didn’t want to talk to her…
...what.

That what wasn’t just a what as in what do you mean?. He had no idea why the hell she was trying to talk to him, especially after the comments that she’d made to night in regards to his costume.

A few messages in, and it was clear: she was drunk and wanted his attention, of any kind. She only ever really spoke to him when she was drunk…and he was used to that much. She was pointing fingers, and he was used to that as well. She was trying to turn his words against him, and he was used to that.

She wanted to be back with him, and he knew that much. That much was obvious from her messages, and it was obvious in just how fixated she was on him in the first place.

All it would take was her apologizing. After all, it wasn’t his fault that they were separate.
i need to figure out how im getting home. and water isz for the week

His fingers typed his response, and he turned his mind off as soon as he sent it.
I could drive you.

A minute later, he was out of the bathroom, now the chauffeur of his bitter ex and unsure of what exactly to do for the rest of the night as he waited.

He could find somewhere to…sit. Perhaps someone would have something good to smoke, too.

He moved through the house, moving past people and trying to avoid hitting them, giving them glances when he did on accident, and he ended up finding a couch…

It was slightly occupied by a familiar face, but…he didn’t mind too much.

“Amy,” he said as his greeting, raising his brows as a wave and lowering himself to sit beside his best friend’s ex. “Happy Halloween,” he said, voice stoic as he studied her figure quickly before looking away from her and leaning his back against the couch. “Nice costume…,” he said, trying to make pleasant conversation. “Are you…Velma?” He paused a moment. “It looks pretty good…” He glanced at her again. “How’s your night been?" He looked away from her and to one of the figures standing idly nearby. "This is your first party as a single for the first time in a while…how fun is it?”
º º code by ditto º º

Users who are viewing this thread

Back