• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern hollywood arts: main (open!!)

Characters
Here
Genevieve Johannes
@genjohanne has set their status to:
bruh

@genjohanne has set their outfit to:
disheveled

@genjohanne has set their location to:
the office

@genjohanne has mentioned:
n/a

@genjohanne has interacted with:
Maek

@genjohanne has tagged:
ditto ditto

Gen was not phased by the guttural laugh that erupted from Mike’s mouth, nor was she in the slightest bit surprised by the odd reaction. Gen hadn’t honestly expected him to take her seriously, how could anyone take such dramatic displays in a genuine way? No, Gen knew that everything happening within the room was just a joke to Mike. Everything was one big elaborate comedy act if you ignored the merit in the words being exchanged between the pair.

Mike clearly decided that it was his turn to talk and with the first words that dropped from his mouth, Gen could feel her smile returning to her face. This time, her smile was genuine. No ulterior motives, no masquerade. Just one true smile caused by the dramatic acts in front of her. She crossed her arms carefully over her chest, swirling the liquor around inside the glass.

What was his angle? Mike kept jumping between insulting himself and insulting Gen and insulting the world before moving back around to compliment himself, fluffing an ego that was already larger than life. Did he want her to feel guilty? Embarrassed? Shameful? Angry? Humiliated? As if some angry himbo attempting to degrade her in her own home would make any sort of impact.

Every cheap attempt at an insult thrown towards Gen bounced off her skin like raindrops off a windshield. There was not a damn thing that Mike could say that she hadn’t been told before. Genevieve had grown up in front of the camera, her entire career built around scrutiny and judgement. Her mind constantly echoed with the steps for success. Stay healthy, stay charming, stay dangerous. Stay young, stay pretty, stay appealing. The tabloids and comment sections and paparazzi were always quick to tear down successful young women. Anything Mike said had been said a thousand times before, likely in a more severe calibre. Mike’s comments would not keep her up at night in tears, they wouldn’t plague her waking hours. They were nothing.

Perhaps that’s why Gen was smiling. Mike’s ego was fucking hilarious. Gen may not have been able to understand what angle he was working but it really didn’t matter. He was still working to get inside her head, to dig around underneath her skin to find some scrap of anything to give him leverage. Blah, blah, blah. Comparing her to a dog (generic), saying he was far too close to the village idiot to be ‘graced by her presence’ (boring and quite the opposite seeing how entertained Gen was at the moment), telling her to cut the crap… Ugh, if he was gonna be a bitch, he should have at least made an effort to be original.

“Drop the bullshit. You’ve got shit to say. Now say it.”

Gen looked to Mike, stiffening her posture slightly at his proximity.

“Tick fucking tock. Time’s wasting, and I’ve got downtrodden chicks to fuck the shit out of.”

The smirk returned to Gen’s lips. Of course he did because so many women were just falling at his feet with legs wide open. Maybe the alcohol had made the poor guy delusional.

“Chop chop. I haven’t got all night.”

Gen reached a hand up to push some of Mike’s hair from where it had fallen down his forehead, the smirk still shining in tandem with the mischievous gleam in her eyes.

“I mean, I think we both know what I had intended to tell you, Michael. You’re the one so fixated in making this a fight when it doesn’t have to be.” Gen spoke sweetly, the edge dropping from her voice as she removed her hand away from Mike’s face. “So, since we’re both on the exact same page, why would I waste my breath? Besides, you didn’t answer my questions, so why would I answer yours? Conversations are a two-way street, dear, and since you clearly don’t want to explain why you brought me in here away from the crowd to have a civil conversation, perhaps I should just leave.”

Gen slid off the table, smoothing the wrinkled fabric at her waist. The ‘conversation’, if it could even be called as such, was going nowhere. Patting Mike’s shoulder a few times, Gen pushed her hair away from her face and down her back.

“Don’t worry, I’m sure those ‘downtrodden chicks’ that are totally lining up to have a cheap, two second fuck will just love to sit and listen to this little tempertantrum you’re throwing right now.” Gen laughed fully, the sound echoing through the study. With a shrug, Gen walked to the door and twisted open the lock. Pulling the door open a crack, she held her arm out. “By all means, don’t let me keep you since you are such a busy man. Go, fill your empty life with meaningless sex. Should you ever want to have an intelligent conversation with me where you don’t dodge my questions like it was your job to do so, I will be here.”

Gen finished pulling the door open, standing to the side and nodding to the exit.

“Say whatever you want about me, Reid, but we both know none of that shit is true. You’re running your mouth because you were caught, your reputation threatened, not because you meant it.” Gen giggled, speaking loud enough that anyone walking past the room could have hurt it.

“But we both know that it’s all an act. Not but a few hours ago you were practically fucking begging me to give you the time of day. The flirtation was fun and all but, lucky for you, your constant perusall proves that nothing you’re saying is true. Besides, you really think I give a fuck what you say? I’ve heard it all, so please do save your breath. Gen continued, leaning against the door with an unamused look on her face as she stared down Mike. “So here’s what’s going to happen from here, Michael. You’re gonna leave, run along and do whatever you want because I genuinely don’t give a fuck anymore. Or you can man the fuck up and stop throwing a baby bitch fit and actually do something about all that anger that’s bubbling inside of you.”

Gen moved away from the open door and back to the desk, hopping back up onto the hardwood surface.

“So, what’s it gonna be, Reid?” Gen asked calmly. “Are you going to go or are you going to finally show some action behind all that fucking talk? What was it you said? Tick tock, I haven’t got all night.”

º º code by ditto º º

"Dangerously Soft"
Amethyst Jones
@If.U.Seek.Amy has set their status to:
I don't miss him. Thank you next please? Any day now...

@If.U.Seek.Amy has set their outfit to:
Jinkies 🤓

@If.U.Seek.Amy has set their location to:
Halloween party

@If.U.Seek.Amy has mentioned:
Kordei, Gen, Charlie

@If.U.Seek.Amy has interacted with:
Saint ( ditto ditto )
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗

Just drinking. That seemed to be all most people were doing. Even the people playing the variety of party games or dancing weren't really getting too out of control with it. It was a vibe Amy hadn't seen in a while, but could definitely get behind. Perhaps it was partially because everyone knew in the back of their minds whose home this was and a bokeh vase could cost you your life both socially and monetarily...possibly literally if it's important enough. No one wanted to die within the next week she supposed.

Of course Dei's name had to come up, of course Saint wanted to talk about him. Why? She'd never understand really. Why anyone brought him up around her still was really a wonder. She'd made it perfectly clear how she felt, and she had two singles dropping that spell that out even further for those still wondering if she's really over it. Was she? No, but no one else deserved to know that.

Her and Dei's relationship was so public, it was so in everyone's face she supposed that's not something that can just be turned off, but she wished it would. No one cared when Nate left her. No one except her friends, but Dei? Everyone suddenly cares. Maybe cares isn't the appropriate word, more like has veiled interest because who here doesn't like gossip and drama? She appreciated the support in a way, but just like everything else in her life recently it's very bittersweet. For all the sweet gestures it might mean, it's salt to the wound because it's a constant reminder.

She looked away from him towards her bottle in hand taking a sip of it before answering him. "Yah I guess." She shrugged nonchalantly. "Compared to most of his parties this is fairly calm. Then again Gen is a very different kind of hostess. She'd probably shut down anything too crazy even if he was here." She explained. Even the all mighty Kordei couldn't stand up to Gen especially in her own home. She'd heard rumors about how she'd put him in his place in the hallway or something. If she could do that on a normal day and he back down there was no way he'd get away with shit in her home.

"I can honestly say it doesn't." She replied firmly finally looking directly at him again. It was the honest to god truth. His wild partying is not what she missed. In fact it was probably the worst part of dating him.

Before she met Dei she was the nerdy little R&B sweetheart. She didn't party hard, she wasn't out on the town all the time. Hell even when she dated Nate they spent most of their time just them, just chilling. Being on Dei's arm like a trophy while it had it's exciting perks was never what she really liked. She liked the Dei she experienced behind closed doors. She liked the Dei who played injustice on the couch with her, and told her his problems, and confided in her. THAT'S what she feel in love with. Not all the glitz and glam and drunken nonsense.

Because drunken nonsense usually also came with fighting to keep his attention...which she hated.

She hated feeling like she still had to fight for his eyes, and in the end she let her guard down one night and bam he winds up in someone else bed. Sure that probably would've happened eventually with or without alcohol, but none of that helped. He lived on a high because of this lifestyle that was hard to sustain. Well maybe not for natural party types, but girls like her? She was working overtime to seem like she belong in it. Not being a part of that has been the best relief she could ask for. So no, it didn't make her miss him. It reminded her of all the worst parts of him. It made her glad he was gone, it made her ecstatic that she can get drunk and not risk heartbreak when she's sober.

"Look I get you miss him, I mean you're best friends. If Charlie was gone on tour or something I'd miss her like crazy." She offered, "But I think the things we miss about him are very different. This?" She gestured haphazardly around them with her free hand, "Is not one of them. I like this just how it is without him."

She didn't hold his opinion against him. It made perfect sense! Saint was his best friend, and birds of a feather flock together, and both boys had proven to be more alike then she would've ever figured contrary to popular belief...or better yet surface belief. If you took their surface personalities then yah Saint and Dei didn't seem alike at all, but deep down they were two sides of the same coin. Sometimes it was the best and worst part of him.

"But sure I can admit if wild is what you want, then he's your guy." Wild...that's certainly one way to describe him. She saw him that way too though. Wild, exciting, the spotlight was always on him. Thus was always on her too while they were together. She supposed she convinced herself it was prep since she wanted to be in the limelight. That's why she was here right? To make music, and have it reach as many people as possible. It's why she did what her managers said, and looked sexier than her normal persona in her music videos, and gave off a sassy aura that literally was nowhere to be found in her day to day life. Dating Dei was prep for that being the new norm.

"You know the night we broke up I'd bought him a present."
She giggled, a mix of her drunken stupor and bitterness leaving her lips, "Obviously before everything went to shit." She added in even though she was sure it wasn't necessary. Just she couldn't help the jabs escaping her lips. After all she was still angry. At this point she wondered if that would just be a part of her personality forever. She'd just be perpetually furious just below the surface forever.

Her eyes lit up for just a moment as she remembered the drunken shenanigan, "I got him one of those spray drink gun things that they have in bars." She tried to use her hands to gesture what she was talking about since she wasn't sure if she was saying it right. "I thought he'd have fun with it you know?" And perhaps he was having fun with it now. Entertaining his guests, and future lays. She felt like such a fool now for it all. For trying to be a part of that life, for thinking she could keep up, for thinking she belonged there. She was angry at him for making her believe in all that, and angry with herself for believing the lie. She sighed, relaxing back into the couch letting her expression fade back into distant disdain, "Waste of money, and effort in the long run tho it seems."

She was never built for his lifestyle, and she shouldn't have tried. She had no one to blame but herself for her heartbreak and perhaps more than anything that's why she can't let go. That's why she can't stop being so damn bitter. Because she knew better, and fell for it all anyways. Because she let him play her for a fool. "Have you gotten to try it out yet? Or did he toss it cause it had my name on it?" She asked, trying to hide her curiosity about the whole thing. Did he actually enjoy her present. Even if she wasn't enough to keep him, to stay in that limelight with him...did she at least know him well in the end?
º º code by ditto º º

♔ MICHAEL REID ♔
"aren't i fucking angelic?"
@reiditandweep has set his status to:
[ Mike Reid is offline ]

@reiditandweep has set his outfit to:
It's called "irony".

@reiditandweep has set his location to:
The party. Where else would I be, babe? ; )

@reiditandweep has mentioned:
N/A.

@reiditandweep has interacted with:
Gen.

@reiditandweep has tagged:
geminiy geminiy

@reiditandweep has written a tl;dr:
Mike engages in a...conversation with Gen.
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
Mike leaned back from her slightly to look her in the eyes as she brought her hand to hair from his forehead. His grin spread broader, and he let out a soft chuckle.

He knew all she fucking did was look down at other people, but damn, it still somehow surprised him just how condescending the bitch was.

“I mean, I think we both know what I had intended to tell you, Michael.”

To fuck off?

He knew what she was going to say that she wasn’t here to fight— the saint that she was. Oh, God, no, she wasn’t here to yell at him, and it had to be him projecting because that was all that he wanted to do, the fucking bastard. She wasn’t the one that wanted to talk to him in the first place, because he had invited her over— because obviously he wanted her attention, because obviously he felt guilty for what he’d done.

If he’d felt guilty for what he’d done, sure, he wouldn’t come right out and say it, but he wouldn’t fucking go to the lengths of dragging a bitch to a separate room to make himself feel better—

Sure, he’d fucking done it before, but he wouldn’t do it to her, and he also wasn’t fucking guilty over this, even if she was trying to twist his words to make him “admit” it. She was trying to feed him lines, but she didn’t seem to grasp: he wasn’t a fucking dumbass. He wasn’t easy to manipulate, he wasn’t stupid, and he could handle himself.

“You’re the one so fixated in making this a fight when it doesn’t have to be.”

Oh, there she was with that bullshit again. He suppressed an eyeball, clenching his jaw and chuckling again as she dropped her hand.

“So, since we’re both on the exact same page, why would I waste my breath? Besides, you didn’t answer my questions, so why would I answer yours?”

Because your questions were bullshit? Because your questions were just there to give me fucking holes to fall into? Because I’m not a fucking dumbass? Because I’m not giving you more random fucking words for you to take out of context and for you to try and form into something that they’re not?

“Conversations are a two-way street, dear, and since you clearly don’t want to explain why you brought me in here away from the crowd to have a civil conversation, perhaps I should just leave.”

The door’s right there, bitch. He grinned. You don’t have the fucking balls to do it.

She moved off of the table, giving his shoulder a few patronizing pats, like she was some father off of a cheesy television show, giving his son a pat on the shoulder for a good game even though he did nothing except strike out every time he was at the plate.

“Don’t worry, I’m sure those ‘downtrodden chicks’ that are totally lining up to have a cheap, two second fuck will just love to sit and listen to this little temper tantrum you’re throwing right now.” She gave a laugh, and he wanted to laugh, too, at just how fucking ridiculous she sounded, taking all of his words as serious but ignoring the fact that she’d slammed his fucking head into a table. The bitch was projecting, and it wasn’t doing fucking shit.

She walked to the door, shrugging and twisting the lock before opening it a crack and holding her arm out.

Leave, bitch.

“By all means, don’t let me keep you since you are such a busy man.”

Oh, she thought she was being clever.

“Go, fill your empty life with meaningless sex. Should you ever want to have an intelligent conversation with me where you don’t dodge my questions like it was your job to do so, I will be here.”

Ah, yes, what a fucking way to assert your dominance, Genevieve: say words that could literally be fucking applied to you.

Didn’t that show maturity?

This was all so fucking rich.

“Say whatever you want about me, Reid, but we both know none of that shit is true.”

Where the hell did that come from? What exactly wasn’t true?

“You’re running your mouth because you were caught, your reputation threatened, not because you meant it.”

I wasn’t aware I had a reputation to be threatened, but go off, I guess.

“But we both know that it’s all an act.”

An act?

“Not but a few hours ago you were practically fucking begging me to give you the time of day. The flirtation was fun and all but, lucky for you, your constant perusal proves that nothing you’re saying is true.”

Oh, shit, right! He’d forgotten something for a second— the world revolved around Gen! Any comment made to her was a sign of deep affection! Any time you spoke to her with more than two sentences, you were so infatuated with her that you filled whole journals with her name! Any time she looked at you, you’d have to take the next three minutes to go to the bathroom to jerk off, because she was just so charming like that! Any time you weren’t talking to her, you didn’t matter!

Everyone wanted to be her! Everyone wanted to get with her! No one had any motivations or any use outside of serving her, her, her!

How the hell could he forget that? He gave his deeeepest fucking apologies.

It wasn’t like, as he’d said before, he’d fuck anything with tits and a hole between their legs or anything. No, the only true answer was that he was obsessed with Gen.

“Besides, you really think I give a fuck what you say? I’ve heard it all, so please do save your breath.”

Yeah, of course she had— she was a fucking genius, had been around the block, had been in more social circles than you had seconds in your miserable fucking life.

She leaned against the door, staring at him as if that would intimidate him in any way. “So here’s what’s going to happen from here, Michael. You’re gonna leave, run along and do whatever you want because I genuinely don’t give a fuck anymore. Or you can man the fuck up and stop throwing a baby bitch fit and actually do something about all that anger that’s bubbling inside of you.”

What the hell did she want him to do?

She moved away from the open door, and his eyes followed her body back to the desk, hopping back up onto the hardwood surface.

“So, what’s it gonna be, Reid?” Her voice had a calmness to it that he was absolutely certain was forced. “Are you going to go or are you going to finally show some action behind all that fucking talk? What was it you said? Tick tock, I haven’t got all night.”

He chuckled, his toothy grin spread wide across his face. “You’re giving me options now, Genevieve?” he asked, his eyes studying her softly-lit figure, half-shadowed by the spots of her blocking the lamp’s light. “How lucky of a bastard I am,” he laughed. “I didn’t think you’d give me ‘em. I thought you’d…I dunno, yell at me? Tell me to fuck off? Resort back to the petty shit that your fingers tapped on your phone screen as you cried onto it? I dunno, something like that.”

He looked to the cracked door, stepping into the sliver of light that the portal cast into the room. “And this is the part where I start making all of the moves that you want me to, isn’t it? The part where I walk out of the door and yell at you to fuck off, thus proving your notion that I’m the guilty one here…” He began walking towards the door. “…or, I do your other option, and start begging you for forgiveness on my poor, mortal soul…or expressing some kind of guilt that I don’t have…”

He came to a stop at the door, letting out a soft chuckle as his hand found the lock. “I prove that I’m a little bitch…” He rubbed the lock with his finger, grinning and shaking his head slightly. “All bark, no bite, no balls, no admirable traits whatsoever…” His eyes followed the side of the door up to the top of the doorframe. “I’m just liiiittle Michael Reid, asshole of the century, winner of the tiniest dick award…huh?”

He turned around to her, cocking a grin at her. “This is the part where I do that, right? Or am I mistaken? Did I take some kind of wrong turn?”

With a chuckle, he suddenly slammed the door, gritting his teeth as he clicked the lock.

“And what if I gave myself an option three?” he asked. “What if I didn’t listen to a word that you said?” He leaned his back against the door, meeting her eyes and grinning widely. “Your instruction to do something about all that anger inside of me— well, what if I took that and ran with it, huh? Would you be too terribly upset, babe?” He pushed off of the door.

“See, Gen,” he said, using her nickname for probably the first time of the night, “you seem to know everything about me.” He began to walk towards her, grinning. “My every word, you’ve heard before. My every motion, you’ve seen before.” His footsteps were steady, but slow and swaggered, as if he were taking his time down a sidewalk. His eyes looked about the room, focusing on this or that for a few moments before flicking away to another this or that. “I’m simple, and easy to understand, and easy to change, and easy to anger, and easy to turn in any way that you want to. I’m putty in your hands, right?”

He came to a stop in front of her, and he turned his head towards her, locking eyes with her. “And, if you know me so well, you should know, there’re two things that really fucking piss me off: people who think that they know more than me and people who think that they can tell me what to do.”

He lifted his hand, putting it to her chin to tilt it down, and he gave her an angry grin. “And if you know that, then you should know one other thing—“

He cut his own words off, pressing his lips to hers in a harsh, forceful kiss—

And he pulled back for a moment to give a quick chuckle and a snark:

“I don’t let either last for very long.”
º º code by ditto º º

"Focus on me, I'm about to blow them all away"
Stella Bailey
@Steller.Bae has set their status to:
This is why he's my best friend~

@Steller.Bae has set their outfit to:
Pika-pika

@Steller.Bae has set their location to:
Halloween party

@Steller.Bae has mentioned:
Lin
@Steller.Bae has Interacted with:
Zeph ( Winona Winona )
✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯

Stella couldn't help the bubble of laughter that escaped her lips at his teasing remarks, as she playfully hit his chest with the back of her hand, "Pfff never. I'm waaaaay classier then that." She chimed proudly. Truth be told who know maybe one night she might, but so far she'd been pretty good about not getting that messed up. Even that night she hardly remembers she didn't puke till she was away from the party and not in anyone's car. That's just rude.

What she didn't expect was the outpour of words rapidly from Zephs lips. Honestly maybe he wasn't even talking that fast, but it felt fast to her because it was a lot more then she expected. She only really caught bits and pieces. Some stuff about candy, and offering her some, which she wasn't opposed to. She liked ring pops especially the blue ones. Then something about a banister and not dying.

Finally ending off with him talking about...streaking? Did she hear that right? To be fair it was Lin of all people so she shouldn't be surprised, but still the fact that Zeph held any part in it was surprising and to be this excited about all of it until the ending bit. Very surprising. Not bad, just different. She was happy for him. He finally had a guy pal and she supposed this is what bros do?

While she couldn't imagine Landon or Dorian doing those kind of things, she'll never really know cause even though she had mostly guy friends she was by no means a "one of the guys" type of girl. Not a tomboy or anything like that she she still wasn't sure what bros do when it's just them. Focusing on his words was also how she was keeping herself from staying focused on just his lips moving. Was his smile always that nice? Sure he's always had a nice smile, Zeph is a nice sweet guy, but tonight?

Nope he's talking to you focus Stella focus on the words and figure out how to form a response that is more then just, 'gosh your smile is amazing' cause that'd be creepy and weird and that's not a vibe. best friends don't do or say those kinds of things. Ugh when did friendship become a thing she had to actively figure out? "I'm glad! Sounds like you had a blast tonight." Luckily she wasn't one of those kinds of possessive or jealous girls who hated seeing people have fun without them. She was genuinely glad Zeph had enjoyed himself with Lin even if it meant they didn't get to spend much time together. They spent nearly every day together at school so one night honestly wasn't going to kill them. No co-dependency issues here~

His words sent a wave of relief over her. Thank goodness he wasn't actually upset or anything. She really shouldn't let her mind run wild about these kinds of things. She shouldn't have gotten so worked up over what she knows will probably be nothing in a weeks time. "Thanks."

Even though he said she didn't have to worry about it, she still felt a bit guilty, "I know, but I'll tell you everything on the way home. It was kind of stupid honestly, and I was stupid for getting in a panic over it." she explained. She really did feel like a child and the heat in her cheeks were the proof of her embarrassment. However knowing he wasn't the type to judge her made it a bit easier. It's not like he'd laugh in her face or think less of her for what happened right? Right. Zeph wasn't like that. He wasn't like others around here and that's what she loved about him.

She was grateful he'd spoken up about going already. The party was dying down and she was ready to hit the sack. "Yah let's go home!" she chimed happily taking hold of his arm once again. This time not for fear of loosing him, but simple comfort and stability. With a light yawn she stretched out her free hand, "Are you staying the night when we get to my place or going back to your place?" She asked curiously before taking out her phone to order their Uber. It was only fair since he'd gotten their ride to the party that she pay for the one going back.

While she didn't want to admit it she kind was hoping he'd stay. Sure they probably wouldn't stay up long since they both had a full night, and were gonna be drained …but she still wanted to spend a little hang time outside of the car ride. Especially since she'd be fighting sleep that whole time. "I would say just chill for a bit then you can leave, but we both know we'll fall asleep before that." She giggled. "Plus it'll be fun! Not Lin level fun, but still." She hummed gazing up at him with a cheeky grin.

It luckily didn't take long for an Uber to pick up her request since it was primetime for Ubers. Halloween night in a neighborhood as wealthy as this one? Of course there were going to be people calling because even if they drove there some kinda way the chances of everyone picking a DD and that DD sticking out the whole night without drinking was slim. Self control was not a common personality trait around these parts. indulgence was everywhere when you had seemingly unlimited resources like a lot of them did. As they made their way to the car she was immensely glad she picked a onesie as the cool air hit her face. Staring at some of the other girls who were in next to nothing freezing their butts off, drinking to try and keep their body a little heated.
º º code by ditto º º

"might go down as g-o-d..."
saint taylor
@sainttay has set his status to:
This isn't manipulation... whatsover... look away...

@sainttay has set his outfit to:
Simple...

@sainttay has set his location to:
The party...

@sainttay has mentioned:
Dei...

@sainttay has interacted with:
Amy...

@sainttay has tagged:
Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202

@sainttay has written a tl;dr:
Saint talks with Amy.
✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦
✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧
✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦
✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧
✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦
✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧
✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦
✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧
✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦
✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧
✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦
Saint listened along with what Amy said, his eyes studying the swaying crowd that seemed oddly subdued for what was supposed to be such a large party. Her words were slurred, and she was obviously drunk.

Though she said that she didn’t miss Dei’s presence at parties, he had a strong feeling that she was lying, even though she had claimed honesty. After all, from what Saint had known of Amy before she’d gotten with Dei (which, granted, hadn’t been much), as well as what he knew of her when she and Dei had first gotten together, Amy had been far from the party girl type. He knew that she hadn’t liked to drink much at first (though he never liked to stay around for too long, lest he become the third wheel), and now, here she was, looking…perhaps not quite integrated, but at least vaguely natural, and he knew that that could be attributed to Dei.

“A present…?” he repeated, looking over at Amy as she giggled drunkenly. He considered his next words, trying to figure out which ones were the right ones to keep the conversation going without throwing his friend under the bus.

Finally, he nodded, looking away. “I haven’t tried it out, and I haven’t seen it…but he mentioned it…” It was a slight stretch of the truth; there had been no mention of any present of any sort from Amy, but it wasn’t false that Saint hadn’t tried it or seen it. “I’m sure that he appreciates it, though…he does that for everything.” Saint gave a slight shrug. “I tried some engraving my sophomore year and made him a portrait of himself on a sheet of scrap metal…” He found it necessary to include the specifics. “It was a birthday gift…he took it, thanked me for it, and put it up, and I never really saw it again, but he mentioned it on occasion…it’s his form of flattering.”

Was that a lie? …not a total one.

“It’s his way of appreciating something without having to outright thank them…it’s just harder for some people to express feelings of gratitude than others.” He looked over at Amy again, meeting her eyes. “They say that actions speak louder than words, but…you have to look past the actions to find the words with people like him. You have to look past the actions themselves, which might make him seem like…I dunno, that he doesn’t care or that he’s unconcerned…and you kinda just have to read further into it than surface level…and that goes for everything.”

He looked away from Amy and to the small coffee table before them, studying the cover of a book titled Flowers: the Art of Bloom that sat atop it. He shifted his brows slightly as he tried to make out what exactly was on the cover. For a second, it looked like nothing more than random blooms, but he slowly discerned that they were hyacinths, and his curiosity was satisfied.

“I myself do the same thing; I neglect my words and opt for actions that could easily be misinterpreted, not because I don’t care, but simply because I convey my emotions differently than others do…and I think that that’s an alright thing, though people constantly like to yell at me that I’m wrong or a dick at every turn for what I do…” He reached out and picked up the flower book, turning it over in his hands as he continued to speak in his deep, stoic voice. “Often, it’s easier that way…”

He gave a soft sigh, opening the book and flipping through the pages idly. “Even so…we all do things that we regret, just like we say things that we regret. I think that the downfall of progress is when we begin to make assumptions of what people feel towards actions that they do…” He paused on one page, studying an image of a white rose. “I’ve done several things that have made me far less than proud, but people are quick to assume that I have no regrets towards it, simply because I make no apologies for what I did, and that couldn’t be further from the truth.”

Here it came: the crux of his argument...or, rather, the crux of his persuasion.

“And I think the worst of it…” He closed the book slowly, setting it in his lap gently. “…is that people are far too slow to forgive and forget.” He looked over at Amy, meeting her brown eyes with his own. “They’re too reluctant to look past the actions and see the person behind them that they…inject their own notions of what they would have done in said situation and make quick judgements without considering that they’re not the person who was in that unique situation…and I can see that, and I can understand that…but, I always have to ask: do you really care about them if you aren’t willing to forgive their pitfalls? Don’t you have your own vices?”

He gave Amy a slight smile. “And I feel like this goes for everything.” He gave a slight nod. “For everything, and for everyone…”

He looked away from her and to the book in his lap, running his hand over the cover. “I consider myself slow to judge, because I live by that idea: people are people, behind all their actions and all of their words. People are people with unique motivations and unique ideas, and I’m no one to tell them what they can and can’t do, and they’re no one to tell me the same. And I also live by the idea…that you shouldn’t hold grudges against people just because of actions that they’ve done.”

He leaned forward, placing the book back on the table before looking at the girl beside him again. “Amy,” he said, meeting her eyes, “you need to everything into account…Dei, who he is as a person, what you know about how he feels…how much you care for him, if at all…” He gave a slight nod. “He’s a great guy. You know this, and…” He gave another soft smile. “He never would have set out to hurt you. You have to know this, too.” He put the side of his palm to his chest. “I know him best, and I would tell you otherwise if that was the truth.” He dropped his hand, giving her a slight nod. “I’m not going to sit here and call you selfish or anything of the sort…I know you’re smart and kind…I really like you as a person…and I’d like for you, as such a kind, compassionate person, to think of Dei, not what he did, and to…well, whatever you have against him for what he did…consider that, and consider that…you shouldn’t be harboring anything against him.”

Throughout his speaking, he maintained eye contact, and now, he gave her another nod. “Anything that he did is well in the past and can’t be changed now. You know what kind of guy he is, and…whether you think what he did was right or wrong isn’t part of the equation. It’s a matter of you forgiving him...allowing him to move on, and...most of all..." He gave her one more gentle, understanding smile. "Allowing yourself to move on, and allowing him to move on.”
º º code by ditto º º

MOOD: parteee

OUTFIT: ronnie mcdonald

basics
MENTIONS:
Gen, Chas, Hunter, Mike

INT:
ditto ditto (Kelli)
geminiy geminiy (Kian)
@mogy (Oates)
tags
TL;DR no
tl;dr
Veronica Crosby
"That's adorable!" Ronnie squealed, delighting in the small world she lived in. What's more, she was basically part of their life stories now that she was revealed as the fabled, mystifying roommate of the great, wondrous Kellian Phelan. She turned to her female friend with a wide grin. "Well you're the, like, octuple threat! Dancing, smiling, dressing, complimenting, being perfecting... you know, all that stuff!"

She turned to Oates and admired the companionship he and Kelli shared, comparing their sweet dynamic with the goofy vibe he and Kian gave off. In the least jealous sense possible, Ronnie wished she had more friends like that. It was obvious how deep their history ran, reconnecting after years like it was nothing. She placed a hand over her heart, letting out a soft d'aww. "You guys sound great. I'm really glad you're together again."

The warm moment the four shared didn't last long before Kian expressed his worry for the lower half of his body, drawing everyone's attention to his frighteningly pale legs. "Oh, uh, yeah, go fix that, dude..." she advised, gritting her teeth with clueless concern. She swapped her grimace for an amiable smile at Oates, nodding at the mention of a dance-off. "Yeah! Me and Kells'll come find you later. Then we'll face you... tag team style!"

With the two boys out of their presence, the energy in the kitchen began to decay until Kelli raised her voice. "Oh! Yeah, yeah, it's like this refined form of... bouncing. And sometimes, when things get really crazy, people hop. And do conga lines and stuff." The girl intentionally omitted her experiences doing line dances at random events as, while Ronnie would have loved to be a cowgirl, someone's feet always ended up bruised or someone's drink got spilled on another person. It was nothing like the coordinated routines she was used to in theatrical performances, which was always a bit of an adjustment.

Ronnie was in no way an elitist of dance, especially given her only slightly above average dancing skills. Even so, there were just some lines she wouldn't cross, even in the name of blind conformity. Looking at you, Cha-Cha Slide. "Nothing fancy like the graceful stuff you do on stage, as you can... probably tell. Unless you wanna spin ribbons in the middle of a crowd or something!" She giggled, having tempted herself with the prospect of playing with silky cloth.

She quickly followed after Kelli into the fray of the party, holding on to her empty champagne glass for the sake of aesthetics. Clowns can be pretentious too!

The flashing lights and decorations mystified the ever-distracted Veronica, and it was hard not to run off and gaze at the hyper-realistic spiders hanging all around them. With what little space they had, Ronnie took Kelli by the hand and spun her around, perhaps laughing a little too hard at her comical action. "I love what Gen did with the place!" she shouted, her voice still just barely reaching over the bumping music and talkative guests, "Although, I feel like it could use a bit more blood and organs."

She tapped her chin, putting herself in the shoes of a party planner for an instant of a second. "Then again, that would be a pain to clean up! Like, worse than when Chas Marino—you met him?—got food poisoning after bringing sushi for lunch." She shook her head, which was now far up into the clouds thinking about yet another boy. "He's so funny. You'd like him! He's almost as hot as Hunter and Mike combined." She lost herself in her thoughts for a moment, wondering just what her prospective boyfriends were up to for the night. Hopefully that involved some sort of shared love telepathy, exchanging the longing energy Ronnie was sending out into the air via brainwaves.
code by valen t.

"Stop taking life so seriously..."
Dorian Harlow
@FindingDori has set status to:
"Do you need some ICEcream for that?"

@FindingDori has set outfit to:
Hot, now hatless, pirate.

@FindingDori has set location to:
Minnie's car.

@FindingDori has interacted with:
Minnie. JJ

@FindingDori has tagged:

sunshineysoul sunshineysoul Soap Soap
Dorian listened silently as Minnie spoke, revealing more than he’d expected of her family life. It honestly only made him respect her more. People like Dorian had it differently than she did and he was aware of that. He grew up in his parent's spotlight with his father owning the high-end restaurants and hotels that celebrities went to and his mother being a well-known model of her own time.

He didn’t have to struggle to push his way into the industry because he already had a foot in the door. While he had the talent and dedication, his money and status had aided in getting him opportunities.

Minnie had done this completely on her own though. She had made a name for herself where there was nothing and she'd done it with nothing but hard work. In his opinion, she should be damn proud of that. Of course, she could sit here all night and say that she had abandoned her friends for a book deal and that it made her a bad friend but he was willing to bet her friends would be quick to disagree.

It wasn't like she just saw they had drama going on and left to avoid it. Dorian had seen the girl on Twitter, she never held back when it came to her friends. Here she was, dealing with her own trauma and she was still worried about them. That had to count for something, at least in his eyes it did. There was no way she could actually believe that she was anything like her father because she chased after an amazing business opportunity.

"I hope that sharing DNA doesn't mean we are a miniature version of our parents. My mother is a bitch," Dorian chuckled, finally breaking his silence. "Tying ourselves to our parent's actions and choices seems kinda regressive in my opinion. We are our own people, right? The shadows of who our parents are don't get to mold who we are. That's up to us," he stated, leaning back in the driver's seat.

He didn't see the point in connecting his own actions with that of his parents. Sure, everyone undoubtedly took traits from their parents but what they did with that was up to them. Dorian could be overbearing like his mother but he wasn't cruel or controlling. He chose to be his own person and Minnie was not as cold and horrible as she'd described her father to be. If anything, he knew that much about her.

His blue eyes traveled to her as he thought of what to say next. He didn't want to make her feel pitied but he also wasn't the type to be harsh either so it made things difficult right now. "You? Abandon your friends? I've seen you throw yourself into Twitter fires to defend them when you could've easily sat on the sidelines. You constantly worry about them, even now when you have your own stuff to deal with," he started, shaking his head.

"I mean, you made a career move that I'm sure your friends supported. You never just jumped ship. Minnie, you can't keep beating yourself up for that. You're an amazing friend and from what I am hearing, nothing like your father. I have..." the conversation continuted with Dorian getting deeper and deeper into the fact that she could never be like the man who abused her and emotionally scarred her. Twenty minutes of him trying to remind her of who she was and convince her that she wasn't losing friends over something like this.

XXX

After talking to Minnie in Gen's driveway, Dorian realized that he had to stop messing around and go find JJ. He wanted to comfort Minnie and be there for her but he also couldn't leave Juliette hanging. Plus, he had soemthing pretty important to talk to her about though he hoped she wouldn't be too stuck on his absence and how he'd been off with Minnie this whole time to hear him out.

JJ had told him to meet her by the punch bowls on Twitter so he made his way over, ignoring everything else in the background until his eyes landed on her. "Hey! JJ!" he called out, finally making his way up to her. His signature grin was plastered across his face as he pulled her into a hug. Once he pulled away he studied her costume. Damn did she look good. Of course, when didn't she? JJ was like a goddess in everything she wore, even this devil costume. "You look-" he paused, searching his mind for the perfect word, "ravishing," okay suck up.

"I know I'm a little late, I'm so sorry," he added, before she could even bring it up he knew the smart thing was to apologize. Had to let it be known that he was aware he'd slightly fucked up. Brownie points for that? Maybe? No, probably not.
º º code by ditto º º

MOOD: desperado

OUTFIT: maid costume

basics
MENTIONS:
Oates, Landon, Rome
INT:
Winona Winona (Jace)
LowkeyLovingLoki LowkeyLovingLoki (Seb)
tags
TL;DR no
tl;dr
Callum Richards
Callum looked up at Jace after finishing his last cup, visibly expressing interest before he heard what the anxious boy had to say. His raised eyebrow dropped flat in lieu of the more hostile eye roll he typically would have given his friend. "Don't worry about it," he commanded nonchalantly, slightly bothered by only Jace's advisories and not Jace himself, "There wasn't a whole lot in each cup anyway. I mean, I'm pretty sure."

He'd gathered the blonde wasn't much of a partier, which was absolutely nothing to gripe about (a rare moment in Callum history), but it was a little amusing to observe how out of touch he was. Even Callum, who avoided social events like the plague, wasn't so neurotic about his habits at an overhyped high school party for dimwitted, impulsive teenagers. Going the scientific route, no one should be consuming alcohol anyway, but with the way Callum treated his body, a little bit of vomit wouldn't kill him.

No, that honor went to the crushing despair he felt as the word "friend" left his mouth when discussing Oates.

He stood frozen like a statue as Jace kicked at the floor, his heavy lids sinking even lower due to the alcohol coursing through his veins. Ow... my head. He considered making it known again that he had a headache, but Jace already seemed to have his own health issues he was ignoring. Callum had drank numerous times, but those were usually in more controlled environments... and always accompanied by Oates. There was a reason he wasn't much of a drinker, and Jace would soon come to find out that he was far too inadequate of a caretaker to handle Callum's volatility.

The hairy-legged maid wasn't bouncing off the walls or dancing on tables, but his entire body felt wobbly and woozy nonetheless, as though he was seeing stars... all throughout his nervous system. That didn't make much sense, but Callum understood it and that's what counts. Being such a stoic boy meant it would be difficult to discern just how much booze his stick-thin body had consumed, the only real indicators being his glossy, droopy eyes and occasional swaying motion.

He looked at Jace as though he'd said the most idiotic, profoundly stupid thing he'd heard in his life. It was obvious that being shot in the eye with Callum's dangerous beer pong skills had done a number on the boy's mental state, especially compared to the tiny, much exaggerated effect it had on his physical state. He obviously wanted to clean up his face, but if Jace wanted to move past it, Callum didn't really have the interest to protest. "Alright," he responded coolly, completely ignoring the embarrassingly obvious change in pitch Jace was attempting. Shouldn't a singer be better at making his fabricated voice more convincingly real?

Once again, Callum found himself staring down impatiently at Jace as he fixed the table, offering no help whatsoever. At least the cups were empty now. When he finished setting it back up, Callum replied, "Not really." He shook his head, which bobbed a bit side to side now that his muscle function was starting to decline. "Let's go get Oates. He was supposed to be waiting for me by the kitchen."

Without waiting for affirmation, Callum turned around and slipped through the crowd, each step growing more wobbly and unbalanced as he shuffled along. Every now and then someone would accidentally brush up against his uncomfortably exposed legs, reminding him just how much he sacrificed for Oates' well-being every day of his life. And here the boy was probably chatting up some guy and proudly calling himself single. It was sickening. He was a sick guy. But Callum couldn't help but long to be sick with Oates' affection once more.

Finally, Callum laid eyes upon Oates, who was oddly quite far from "where the drinks are being served." There was no mistaking it though, as not only was the figure tall, but it was clad in various black costume pieces obviously supposed to be an homage to Ryuk. He learned that show because of me. And now he's off flaunting his costume around to Landon of all people?

They weren't together. Callum and Oates were friends and nothing more, a point the curly-haired sweetheart had made loud and clear throughout the past week. No matter what, Callum was still shocked and hurt to see him over him so soon, already making eyes at the goddamn school manwhore. Didn't he at least have the decency to take that elsewhere, knowing it would hurt Callum to see that so soon? What's more, it wasn't Rome at all, yet another lie digging itself straight into Callum and nestling in the heavy pit in his stomach.

He just couldn't take it any longer. He and Oates had been officially apart for just about a few weeks, with their friendzone status only having been established in the past week. And it was horrible. It felt awful watching him do just fine while Callum was losing himself in the knowledge that he'd thrown away the one good thing he had at Hollywood Arts. Now, everything Oates did pissed him off, but not at his boyfriend. He was furious with himself, his surroundings, and just about anything else he could blame for the deep sensation of numbness he was trapped inside.

Callum, being the unfeeling ice king he was, was never one to wear his heart on his sleeve. In fact, his heart had been tucked away so well he often found himself struggling to locate it in the most dire of situations. When bad things happened, he frowned a little. When good things happened, he smiled ever so slightly. When he was angry, he raised his voice but the light in his eyes was more dead than the plants in his apartment since Oates stopped coming over.

Not tonight. Callum was sad, confused, and a questionable amount of intoxicated. A switch was flipped on in his head, shifting his blank, impassive face into a fiery gaze of fury and determination. He checked briefly to see if Jace was with him, then marched over to the tall, dark-clothed figure and tapped his shoulder, pleased to see Landon turning his attention to some other cheap whore fitted in a no doubt uncomfortable cat getup.

Drunk and wild-eyed, Callum spun the boy around and began his tirade. "Hey. You," he growled, hardly meeting his gaze as he roughly jabbed the boy in the chest, "Y-you look great tonight. Did I already t-t-tell you that? Am I allowed to or should I just retreat back into the friend zone?" He used air quotes at "friend zone", the serious tone of his voice lost to the partial slur of his words. His alcohol breath no doubt blew into the boy's face, but that was the last thing on Callum's mind.

"Well, Oatmeal. O. Big O." Callum glared at the recipient of his ranting's obscured face, only growing more irritated and emotional due to his lack of a proper verbal response. "I-I don't care anymore. 'Cause my best friend Jace here agrees that what you did... wh-what you did to me... was fucked. up. Right, Admiral Anime?" He pointed back to Jace, motioning with his hands and pressuring with his puffy, blue eyes for him to join his speech.

"And I'm not just gonna... not just gonna, uh, you know." He paused, realizing he had nothing of any significance to tell Oates other than that he was angry and lonely and that everything was terrible and the world owed it to him to solve his problems. "I-I'm not just gonna let you leave me, because I don't think we're truly done. Aaaand..." He leaned in, lowering his voice to a whisper. "I'm really lonely without you by my side and it FUCKING SUCKS." He raised his voice back to a normal volume toward the end, still mere inches from the boy's face. "I don't give a sh-shiiiiit what you think about love and fairness or whatever, 'cause all I know is that I r-really miss us and... and I w-want that back."

Callum's voice just barely cracked; his eyes were dry but he could still tell his own words had gotten the better of his emotions, which were rapidly bubbling to the surface. "O-Oates, please," the dark-haired boy whined, wrapping his arms pathetically around the figure in front of him and resting his head on his shoulder, "Oat, just give me another chance. I'll do anything. I-I'll love you and appreciate you and go on stupid drag queen bar outings a-and... just..."

He held on tighter, practically squeezing the life out of the subject of his drunk rambling. His back felt oddly firm, even for someone who was supposed to be Oates. "PLEASE!" he wailed, holding on for dear life.

code by valen t.

"I don't just follow trends, I set them..."
Evelyn Sinclaire
@SinClaire has set status to:
"Fucking annoyed..."

@SinClaire has set outfit to:
Bad bitch Bonnie (but better)

@SinClaire has set location to:
Johannes Residence

@SinClaire has interacted with:
Nate.

@SinClaire has tagged:

Winona Winona
The effects of the liquor were really starting to take hold on Evelyn the more the game progressed. She had gone from helping Gen avoid her problems to being full-blown oblivious about them. Evie hadn't even really realized when Gen excused herself to announce the winners of the costume contest. The brunette was too busy continuing to take shots she didn't need to pay attention as Gen called out Liv's name a the winner. If she had heard, she would've gone after her friend and stopped her self-destructive behavior but it was too late.

At some point Evie found herself opening Twitter where she ended up seeing that Ryder was back in town. The pair had history and honestly, she found him to be great company so she was excited to hear he was back. Yeah, Ryder could be a little cocky and he was definitely an asshole but who around here wasn't?

A couple of years ago she had gone to one of his shows and it just escalated from there. She started styling him, they got closer and of course, they'd partied together. There was also a time or three that she'd found herself seeking more than friendship from him. That ship had sailed back at the beginning of her break up with Dei though.

Honestly, she didn't see the big deal when Gen and Ryder first started their back and forth. If anything, it was just annoying but it took a turn as Evie stuck up for him. Clearly, neither Nate nor Gen was too fond of him but she ignored it. Sure, the preschool playground bullshit was annoying but she was too drunk to care enough about it to let it blow her mood. At least that was until Gen told her to "run along" and Evelyn had enough. The words cut through the Tequila and not only did they hurt but they seriously pissed her off.

She and Gen had been friends for years and everyone knew how close they were. A lot of people also tried to call both Minnie and Evie her little minions though and Evie normally shrugged it off. The brunette didn't care what anyone said, she knew that she had her own mind and it was a given based on how often she said and did things Gen didn't approve of. She didn't follow anyone else, Evie did her own thing.

Despite this, Gen's short two-word comment had made her question, for a moment, how she saw Evelyn's friendship and she hated that.

"I'm gonna go get some fucking air," she said, not bothering to make sure Nate had heard her or let him say much in response. She spun around on her heels and went for the side door that led out to a garden-like area, avoiding the people in the backyard and by the pool. The last thing she needed was to deal with a bunch of drunk teenagers pissing her off further. Evie logged out of Twitter, setting her phone on the concrete bench and plopping down next to it.

After a few seconds she heard footsteps and her eyes darted over to see Nathan standing there. "I'm sorry I just walked off like that. The whole Twitter thing just..." she trailed off, not wanting to rehash it. Besides, Nate clearly wasn't a fan of Ryder either so she couldn't imagine her venting about it would do any good. She motioned for him to sit with her on the cold bench, luckily the alcohol was keeping her warm because she was in a skirt, and had she been sober, her legs would've been freezing.

Evelyn reached into the small silk purse she'd somehow managed to keep track of and pulled out a half-smoked blunt, bringing it to her lips and lighting it. Why not enhance the buzz she already had going, right? "I hope you don't think I've forgotten that I was promised drunk dancing, by the way," she smirked, letting her gaze meet his as she took the third hit off the blunt and then offered it out to him.
º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:
"Queens without Kings are historically better"
Naomi Elizondo
@MiniMimi has set their status to:
I pick my poison and it's you.

@MiniMimi has set their outfit to:
Werewolf rawr

@MiniMimi has set their location to:
Halloween party

@MiniMimi has mentioned:
N/A

@MiniMini has Interacted with:
Alex ( Soap Soap )
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽

Naomi was living for that cute laughter from Alex. It was such a sappy thing to think and she'd blame it on her being crossfaded...but honestly she was coming down from her high by this point. She needed another hit of something if she was going to maintain, but she wasn't sure how Alex felt about smoking. Drinking was nice, but it just didn't hit the same, not to mention it would take more then just a few cups to get her drunk without the high. For a tiny girl she actually could hold her liquor very well. Perhaps it was because of how often she was indulged in things like this.

It did cross her mind that she'd never know Alex's stances on things like that if she didn't ask for push the envelop by showing her that side of her. While a part of her was starting to crave for Alex to learn more about her the other part of her was still on the fence. Getting close was dangerous, and worse what if she got close and didn't like what she saw? Rejection never really hurt before because Naomi didn't care about others opinions, but Alex? She cared more then she liked to admit.

Nah maybe it was fine to keep things simple, keep them surface level, keep the distance from her harsh reality. Then no one gets hurt right? No need to drag Alex down the pitfall that was the real Naomi Elizondo.

"You know I used to think that too, but I guess things change for better or worse. Plus there are things you can't fake. Imposter syndrome maybe? But even that is the mind telling yourself you're a fake rather then you actually being one." She hummed tapping the side of her own head lightly with her index finger. Every cute drunken gesture just brightened and widened the smile on Nami's lips. She was sure her face was going to hurt in the morning from it all. She couldn't remember the last time she was smiling so hard so genuinely, and for so long.

It was odd hearing about herself through Alex's eyes. A good weird. It was nice to hear that version of her, the version that had her so captivated. Sweet, gorgeous, strong personality. That last one was more true than Alex knew and would eventually overshadow all the rest. However it solidified the fact that this is exactly where things should stay between them. Alex liked this version of her and why burst the bubble unnecessarily? This situationship? Was just fine.

Relationships were overrated and always ended either due to people or the world around them, weather now or later. No this right here was enough for her. Ok that was a lie, she definitely wanted more because Naomi could definitely be greedy in this aspect, but she knew if she went after the more that she required, she have to give into the more that Alex would undoubtedly want as well. She wasn't so greedy and unfair as to do that to the amazing girl in front of her. She didn't deserve that kind of inevitable hurt. She certainly didn't want to be the one to give it to her. "Nah I think we'll have to agree to disagree on that. Your girl is something, and mine is special. I think it's ok to agree on that though." She hummed.

Naomi should've foreseen that someone couldn't resist the urge to cannonball into the pool. IT was so damn clique like quite a bit about this whole situation if she actually took a step back and looked at it objectively. Naomi had tried her best to cover Alex with her arms and her back towards the pool when the idiot jumped in, and didn't noticed till she opened her eyes as well that Alex had leaned into her as well. When Alex started to speak but the words got lost. Not just from the hesitation in her delivery but because Naomi had lost all focus on the actual words and were instead focused on her lips and eyes, and every curve of her face being so close. Mostly the lips though, as she could feel the self control slipping through her fingertips.

Luckily it wasn't her self control that broke first. The moment she felt Alex's lips graze hers it was over. She was ready to through caution to the wind for the rest of the night. Her eyes closed as her lips moved against the tall brunette, not that height mattered when they were both sitting. She instinctively used the arm she'd tossed up to shield her from the water to wrap around her waist to pulled her closer still and deepen the kiss. The fire inside her that she'd been trying so hard to keep down was blazing, and every simple tough just made it burn brighter. The feeling of Alex's hand cupping her cheek sent shivers down her spine. Now THIS was a kiss.

She wanted to savor it, and for the first time in a while? She was glad she wasn't completely high. She was glad a half way sober Naomi was experiencing this. She wondered if it'd feel even better if they both where sober? Dangerous thoughts filled her head, but just this once, she didn't push them away. She let them flood her mind and hoped were being expressed in this kiss as well. Alex was dangerous, she was like kryptonite, and Naomi didn't even realize it...and now it was too late.

Of all the seven deadly sins she suffered from, wrath, greed, sloth even from time to time...she didn't think Lust would ever have this kind of hold on her. She finally pulled back from the kiss hovering just inches away from her lips. If she continued she wasn't sure her lust wouldn't win out. She supposed that should've been the ultimate sign that things had already gone too far. The fact she even cared about going too far. "I guess I can add amazing kisser to her list of qualities." She grinned letting her free hand that wasn't still wrapped around her take her free hand and lace their fingers together, "You know what they say though, gotta leave'em wanting more." She gave Alex a gentle peck on the cheek before pulling back and shooting her a wink.

How had Alex even gotten to this party? Oh yah Toni drove her. "I'd say our next hang out should be swimming if it wasn't October." She giggled looking over at the pool, "I think I'm starting to like the water more." that and who wouldn't wanna see Alex in a swimsuit? "So how about you decide?" Best part about being a stoner with very few friends? Your schedule was usually open. Her only upcoming plans including smoking with Nic and writing for the festival as of right now.
º º code by ditto º º

"Do one thing a day that scares you..."
Madelaine Harlow
@MaddieModels has set status:
"This night just keeps getting better..."

@MaddieModels has set outfit to:
demon, not devil bc jj is an idea theif. see, added some wings.

@MaddieModels set location to:
Halloween party

@MaddieModels interacted with:
Corey.

@MaddieModels has tagged:
@Wayward Son

Madelaine couldn't block out Javi's words as they echoed through her mind. Running into him had been a reality shock, one that she wasn't used to getting. Usually, when her mom did make her cut someone off, that was it. She could be upset, she could cry about it but she never had a full confrontation with that person again. Running into Javi and hearing how she'd hurt him, looking into his glossy eyes, and seeing the pain that was still lingering from her actions, made her realize just how deeply her actions had affected him.

It wasn't just her being hurt by her mother's controlling ways, she was seriously hurting other people and she didn't know what to do about it. Maddie couldn't very well go against her mother and Javi clearly didn't want her to fix things with him anyway. The best she could do was to stay out of his way and just let him hate her. Pretend like they were never as close as they really were and let him go on about his life without her messing with it even more.

That's when it hit her. Maddie's track record for keeping friends was not good. First Chas, then Javi, even Gus. It even went beyond just them. She'd lost so many friends through middle school that her mom either didn't see fit or whatever else. It was only a matter of time before the cycle repeats itself and there was nothing she could do. Sure, she could stand up to her mom but then what? As selfish as it sounded, she didn't want to risk her career or get cut off.

Suddenly a voice pulled her out of her own head though it only brought on new fears. How long before her parents decided that Corey wasn't worthy of her time. What then? What if they decided that the one person who had been her rock and who knew her better than she knew herself wasn't fit to be in her life anymore? Then what would she do?

"What he said - he..he was out of line."

"No, he's not wrong. I hurt him. I didn't even call, I just ghosted him like it didn't even matter. I'm a terrible friend," she said, tears streaming down her face. "I ruin everything, Coco. Everytime I have something good I just, I let my mom...." she trailed off, wiping her tears fiercely. "I'm sorry," she said, glancing around at the people walking in and out of the house. It was then that she realized that she was standing outside crying in the cold at a party. "Can we just...maybe we can go to the beach like we talked about," she suggested as she wiped away the tears.

Okay, so the beach at this time of night in October would be freezing cold but they had jackets and Maddie always had blankets in the car. She just didn't want to be here anymore. Every second she risked running into someone else who hated her and she couldn't handle another confrontation. Besides, she and Corey loved the beach so was it really a surprise if they spent their night there instead of at this crowded function?
º º code by ditto º º

"Dangerously Soft"
Amethyst Jones
@If.U.Seek.Amy has set their status to:
Forgive and forget? No.

@If.U.Seek.Amy has set their outfit to:
Jinkies 🤓

@If.U.Seek.Amy has set their location to:
Halloween party

@If.U.Seek.Amy has mentioned:
Kordei, Josie, Evie

@If.U.Seek.Amy has interacted with:
Saint ( ditto ditto )
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗

Amy listened closely to saint as he spoke. Gave him her undivided attention for the first time since their conversation started. His whole spiel not wanting to miss a single word. Why? Because he'd finally done it. After all the prep and small chit chatting, that had honestly sobered her up more then the stupid water bottle in her hand had, he'd reached his climax. After all that he finally reached his fucking point.

Of course it was a "forgive and forget" speech. Why wouldn't it be?

It was all very saint-esqe. She wondered if this was why Josie liked Saint so much despite their constant bickering. Because he was much better when it came down to it at words then Dei was. Even if he claimed he expresses himself differently...which wasn't a lie. But this was proof that words weren't necessarily not a good forte for him, just not his preferred way of expression. Choice is what id boiled down to. He choose to let his actions be misinterpreted because it was more work to correct someone or to simply do this, talk to them first.

While it was his choice to make and she didn't fault him for it...it didn't help his argument. Because the same applied to Dei. Yes he has a preferred way of dealing with things, but that was his choice, it wasn't being incapable and just like you don't like being judged for how you choose to express yourself you can't judge others on how they perceived it when you have the option for clarity and opt'd out of it.

That was only fair on both sides right? She also couldn't ignore the bias fact that this forgiveness and justification and excuse building for Dei meant that exact same thing for himself. That couldn't be overlooked. Not that she believed he was asking for forgiveness for himself, not at all. In fact just like Dei if you really listen he wasn't sorry either. How are you to forgive someone who isn't sorry just on the merit of "people are people"?

How doesn't that just allow people to just trample all over you? How do you stop the resentment the anger when the very cause of it is still there with no change being attempted? By that logic people will always do you wrong and you will always forgive them and act like nothing happened just because? No, she couldn't do that. She couldn't just forgive and forget when what was there to forgive?

"I can't." She replied soundly. She wasn't even sorry if that's not what he expected or wanted. To be honest he should've expected it. While Amy did usually run on logic, she wasn't a robot, she had feelings and those feelings were harder now then ever to be swayed by words and words alone. Especially since this was the sincerest version of an apology she'd received from anyone about the whole thing and it was from someone completely uninvolved!

Saint's version of who people are and should be treated made sense in idealistic world void of what actually made people, people. Feelings. Yes, in an idea world, people shouldn't be judged based on a singular event or misunderstanding. In an idea world everyone could and should let bygones be bygones... but this wasn't that world. She didn't live or operate in that sort of fantacy that excused people poor behavior without accountability being held for it.

"I can't forgive him on a notion of people are people because that negates the fact I'm a person too. Plus let's be honest If the tables where turned he'd not have 'forgiven' me so quickly and so easily. I know that because he's still mad that Evie is with Nate and he loves her, and he's still mad at Kane too! He holds grudges worse then me. However, I get it. People in general shouldn't be judged purely on their actions or their words. There are lines in between, backgrounds even, and it's the mix of the two that give you even a chance at understanding a persons true intentions and even then you can't assume you've gotten it right." She explained calmly. Truly her brain was over it and now she felt almost completely sober as she tried to explain to him that she understood his rational but simply didn't agree. She hoped they could agree to disagree and still be whatever they were right now. She didn't want to feel any added animosity towards anyone right now.

"You're right I did have an idealized version of him, just like I'm sure he did of me. I put him on a pedestal, and that's on me. However that also means I don't truly know who he is inside. You say he didn't set out to hurt me and I want to believe that. That it was never his intention and things just happened. But somethings don't just happen. It builds. Its all the little things that happen that you ignore and forgive giving the excuse of 'that's just how he is' and 'he didn't mean it like that', that creates the bigger picture of who that person is that you let pass because you're wearing rose colored glasses. He is more than the one time cheating. I know he is more, I know that. I know there is good in him just as much as there is the bad. And you may choose to not see good and bad but rather just things, and that may work for you, but it doesn't for me. I can love you and still see the things that you do that are good and bad by my perspective and morality. In fact that's how I know I love you because I accept the good and the bad parts of you. If I see nothing then I don't care. That's why not everyone is friends with everyone because we all do have those different standards that we hold those close to us by, and we expect them to live up to those standards as much as possible. Sure they may fall short because they are human, but then they get back up and try again to meet those standards and not fall short again. People who don't share those standards, or don't care about them, or not meeting them you keep them at a distance. It's only natural and there is no malice in that. The hurt comes from when someone agreed to care about those standards and then prove otherwise, and then don't care that they broke their end of the bond that kept them close. That's not a place for forgiveness."

She hated the fact she was rambling on and on about this at a party, but she needed this to be perfectly clear to Saint. She needed this whole thing to be so clear that this conversation needn't happen again and maybe just maybe could be conveyed to Dei in case he wanted to ever attempt another sorry half assed apology again. "Thinking back to all of our memories together, even ones he brings up....You know he spoke to me at the fair? I sat with him and heard him out. Even his choice of memory to talk about was just another reminder of all the little things I choose to ignore as a potential problem...because I wanted to believe in the idea of the picture he was painting rather then looking at the actual picture. Rather then seeing him for who he was I saw what I wanted to see. Once again I know that part is on me. I should've ended it long before it got to this point."

She sighed, "He's not sorry for what happened. He has no regrets, and what's done is done. So what am I forgiving him for?" She asked seriously. Why should she stop feeling negatively towards him about his actions when he fully still endorses them?

"I will say this. Being with him did finally give me a sense of what I do and don't deserve. Dei doesn't accept anything less then what he feels he deserves, and strives for it constantly. What seems so effortless for him he actually pursues. If he doesn't have to accept less then he deserves, then why should I? I deserve an actual apology from him, if he even care for my forgiveness. If not, why should he receive it? He earned the need for forgiveness, so he needs to earn the act of forgiveness. It's not something to be given out on a silver platter just because. People will walk all over you if you do that. They will treat you any kind of way if you do that and I know cause up until recently that's how I've lived, and I'm done with that. You tell someone you forgive them and they suddenly think things are ok between you two. And they should be if it's truly forgiven...but things can't be ok between us without an actual reason for their to be."

She sat up a bit straighter and placed her water bottle down on the table beside her, "I'm done being everyone's punching bag to make themselves feel better with little regard of the shape it leaves me in. You know what he did feel bad about enough to talk about? Evie. He felt shitty about Evie choosing to walk to class with Nate instead of him. Tell me Saint what does that have to do with me? Nothing."

"For someone who doesn't do apologies, I could've overlook that fact that it was shitty if he hadn't started it off with telling me he didn't feel bad about what he'd done. Because then that goes against the very definition of an apology. You don't care about what you've done and you don't care about what I think you've done. If there is no guilt, no remorse, no wanting to change anything from the way it currently is...that's not an apology. That's not seeking forgiveness. What that was, is just wanting to rant about Evie. And I've not got the time for that because we are not friends, and I don't want to hear about your problems anymore because why should I care about your problems when you don't care about mine? That's how friendship or any sort of positive relationship works. a level of care is needed that he has refused me."
She didn't know how else to spell it out, but now she was on a roll, and he'd sit here through it all because he bursted the bubble, he poked the bear.

"In the end I can't forget, and forgetting isn't necessary for forgiveness." That much was true since she'd forgiven Nate, but certainly will never forget what happened. "I can't forgive because he doesn't care or want my forgiveness bad enough to give me what I deserve, and I'm not accepting less then that any more. I will most certainly move on as I'm sure he already has in time because that's how these things work. It hurts like hell now because it's fresh. This was only a few weeks ago. But a year from now? Two years from now? I'll be ok. Because unlike with Evie I'm not love scorn. I don't believe that every relationship I get in is doomed to fail because this one did. I'm not letting it interfere with what I need to do with my music, or my grades. I've got great friends and a support system. I have everything I need with or without him. Yes I'm bitter and angry right now, but forgive me or don't, but I've got every right to be. I've got every right to do as I feel since he decided to do the same. Just like he has no regrets for doing so, neither do I."

At no point in this conversation did she raise her voice, or get angry because while she was angry she wasn't someone with so little emotional control as to lash out at people who didn't deserve it. That was also why she knew she'd be fine. Her rage was directed at the very people it needed to be and no one else. They broke the bond, and it was on them to fix it, not her. She'd done her part, she'd done her part, and they blew it. She was still willing to do her part and not shut them out if they were going to actively try, and to her that was being the bigger person, without being a push over.

"Yes everyone makes mistakes, no one is perfect, and we should love people through their imperfections. I 100% agree with that. However what he did wasn't a mistake, it was a choice. He's not perfect and I'm ok with that, I've accepted that reality now more then ever. I do still care about him and wish him the best in all that he does. I told him already that I know I can never even attempt to hurt him in the same ways he has hurt me since it's not in me to be that way, and I wish him the best of luck. That's as close to forgiveness as he has earned so that's as close as he will get until otherwise proven. Its not like I don't still care about him, in fact that's the most infuriating part of this is the fact I do. But I care about myself more, and I think that's ok too. I don't believe it's healthy to care about someone else more then yourself if the other person isn't doing the same. If I care about you more then me and you care about you more then me, then where does that leave me? I've gotta love me more then I love him because he doesn't love me. There is nothing wrong with that."

She knew better then to think Dei had 'sent' Saint to have this little conversation with her. She knew Saint came of his own free will and his loyalty to Dei, in not wanting to have all the hate on him he was getting. To be fair, there could be a lot more.

As stated their relationship was VERY public and all over social media and she'd gotten tons of invitations the past few weeks to come and talk on talk shows and radio stations. She could've ruined his reputation if she wanted. She could've used something like this to skyrocket her career much like a Rihanna and Chris brown situation. Well a watered down version since getting beaten up and cheated on are different levels of awful. But she could've. He could've been public enemy #1 everywhere and not just HA. But she didn't. That was the last bit of respect she was going to show him that he didn't deserve. Her last act of kindness.

"I do wish it was so simple to rearrange the ideals of the human heart, but it's not. He can do better. He knows it and so do I. So when he is ready or willing to do so, I will once again hear him out. If I have to read between the lines to understand him, then he has to give me that same courtesy and see I'm more than his idealized version of me too. I'm not someone he can just take for granted and expect to get away with doing the bare minimum with. That part of this bond is over."

"Because like you said. He expresses himself differently, and that's fine. He needs to express himself the best way he knows how, and if that's not with words so be it. He can find another medium if he wants, but it does need to happen. I will not assume he wants my forgiveness and give it unnecessarily until HE shows that it's something he wants. Until then? Things will be as they are, and that's the simple truth. Because empty forgiveness will not give either of us anything more then the illusion of moving forward, and I've got too much respect for him and myself to lie. Because I know what it takes to get my forgiveness, and he hasn't done that. My requirements won't lower to make him comfortable. It's not supposed to be comfortable. I'd wouldn't feel any different if it was reversed. If Id wronged him, I know it'd be on me to come to him in a way he could understand." She wasn't comfortable, why should he be when he was the one needing forgiveness? She had enough to deal with trying to internally forgive herself let alone him.

This was the real world Saint. Things can't be fixed over night, or patched up with a few well placed words. Not everyone has the capacity to just switch off their emotions and look purely logical at a situation. Even if doing that still wouldn't make things better. Because even in the logical sense, even if she forgave him. What would it change? It would still be illogical to get back together or be friends. They hung out with vastly different crowds and enjoyed vastly different things. She'd still not want to work with him because while good for his publicity it would be bad for hers. They don't work as friends. So they'd be as they are now, back to being strangers doing their own thing.

See, even from a logical standpoint the only reason or need for forgiveness is an emotional need. A need to "feel better" and forgiving him without him putting in any real effort would not give her that feeling. Closure was invented as a gateway to go back to things you shouldn't. She didn't want closure, she wanted to feel better, and no amount of empty words of forgiveness would achieve that.
º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:

Nathan Woods
"Here I am, living a dream that I can't hold on my own."
@NathanielWithoutTheIel has set their status to:
uh... heh

@NathanielWithoutTheIel has set their outfit to:
sick Bonnie & Clyde thing

@NathanielWithoutTheIel has interacted with:
Evie

@NathanielWithoutTheIel has mentioned:
Jared, Simone, Gen, Rydick

@NathanielWithoutTheIel has tagged:
jasmyn jasmyn
The game of rage cage was one that Nate had no fucking idea how to play and, by the movements of his fellow players, no one really know what the fuck they were supposed to be doing. But that was fine because everyone had the same idea and that was to get so goddamn drunk that they wouldn't be able to walk in a straight line.

Gen was off. He knew this. But the more the alcohol flowed, the less the logical part of Nate's brain found issue with this and soon, Gen could've been sobbing on the floor and Nate wouldn't have noticed. Eventually, she stumbled off and left Evie, Jared, Simone, and himself alone at the table playing the fucking game.

Of course, Twitter popped off and that always went so fucking well. Eventually it devolved into an argument with fucking Rydick who unfortunately was back at school. Boo. Go back to wherever the fuck he'd come from, right? No one wanted him around -- except apparently Evie, which had spurred Gen to message Nate and then he was pretty sure Evie and Gen got into it but everything happened so rapid fire that his alcohol-fuzzy brain could barely piece two and two together.

And before he knew it, the game of rage cage fell apart as Evie walked off. He groaned, looking towards Simone and Jared with a lopsided smile for a moment. "I uhh... I'm going to go check on her," he explained and turned to start walking off, but paused and grabbed one of the cups off the table. He downed the drink and then he was off, trailing after Evie.

Drama free night -- that's what Nate and Evie had promised each other and themselves, right? Well woop de fucking doo, apparently that was fucking impossible when you went to this school. Or maybe it was just the excessive amounts of alcohol that were undoubtedly clouding the judgments of everyone.

Nate stumbled outside after Evie, tripping over the bottom of the doorframe but catching himself on the side of the frame as he did so. That way, he didn't fall -- just stumbled, in a very smooth-like fashion.

"Hey," he said as he stepped over towards her. He reached up to readjust the suspenders on his shoulders, but honestly they were just a fucking nuisance, so Nate elected to just pull them off and let them dangle by his sides instead. "Ah, don't worry about it." Nate replied, brushing off her apology as he flopped onto the bench beside her.

Of course, he didn't understand why someone like Evie would want to keep around such an egotistical asshole like Ryder when she clearly deserved far better company, but alas... he wasn't about say shit about that, and he also wasn't about to apologize for the shit he'd said to Ryder. The guy was a dick. Nate liked to make sure he knew that. Simple.

"I could never forget about the drunk dancing," he said with a chuckle.

He leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees and clasping his hands together. He glanced over at Evie as she spoke, an easygoing grin spreading across his face as he reached out to take the blunt. Nate took a hit, holding the smoke in his lungs for a long moment, before he exhaled and as he did, an idea popped into his head.

Damn, weed made him creative.

It also made him not stop talking, but that was beside the point.

Nate took another hit from the blunt and then set it down on the bench beside him. He rose to unsteady feet and held his hand out to Evie with a smile. "Alright," he said, "you can kind of here the music out here, so... what do you say? Drunk dance with me?"
º º code by ditto º º

danielle howard
@beautyandthebeat has set their status to:
dance the night away

@beautyandthebeat has set their outfit to:
yee haw.

@beautyandthebeat has set their location to:
the kitchen

@beautyandthebeat has mentioned:
N/A

@beautyandthebeat has interacted with:
Damien

@beautyandthebeat has tagged:
Winona Winona

@beautyandthebeat has written a tl;dr:
even more drinks

dani returned the smile damien gave her as she took the glass from his hand. normally, dani wouldn't accept a drink from any guy other than her brother, but she was already drunk past realizing the fact that this could go very wrong. her drunk brain figured they were drinking the same thing, so of course he wouldn't drug her, right?

she lifted the glass a bit as if to say cheers before taking a long, hard, swig. she drank about half its contents, feeling the carbonated sugar burn as it went down her throat. mixed with whatever alcohol he put in there, it burned more than dani was used to.

but she was't about to look like a whiny baby in front of this guy. no way, that's not how dani operated. if she let on that it was too much of a burn, then the word would spread and she'd get made fun of all over again. so of course dani simply let out a sigh as she controlled her face to not show how she truly felt.

after her first drink, she absently swirled the liquid in her glass as she talked.

"cartoons huh? haven't met anyone that makes cartoons. takes a lot of skill, i bet." as much as dani was trying to butter this guy up, she genuinely was impressed at his main focus. most people in visuals, cole told her were actors like mari, or traditional artists, she hadn't heard of a cartoonist.

"I'm gonna need someone to show me around on Monday..."

dani's eyebrows were cocked as she looked at damien over the top of her glass. she took another small sip, not wanting her face to twist at the burn like before. she picked up on what he was offering, dani wasn't a dumb girl after all.

"as fun as it would be to show you around, i also start monday. i'm brand new, i actually should be catching up on what i've missed but i figured a costume party would be more fun." she sent him a wink as she downed the rest of her drink, trying desperately to impress this guy.

dani wasn't normally one to try and impress people. normally she was with cole and that alone was enough to make people not mess with her. but she was on her own, drunk, with a cute guy. she needed this interaction to go well, since he was the first person she met outside of cole's friends, in fact she was pretty sure that if cole met this guy, he'd probably hate him. but dani liked that, she liked the idea of making friends that her brother wouldn't approve of, making friends and forming bonds that her brother had no influence over.
º º code by ditto º º

Evelyn Sinclaire
"Oddly...happy?"

Johannes Residence

Nate.

@SinClaire has tagged:

Winona Winona

Evelyn watched as Nate walked over and sat beside her to take the blunt. She shouldn't have been surprised that Nate had followed after her and in all honesty, she was glad that he did. Evie didn't want to be alone. Not completely.

His presence was more calming than she even realized and before she knew it she'd forgotten the reason she'd even needed air in the first place. It was obvious that the most drama-free it got was when Evie stayed away from Twitter and focused on what was in front of her. In this case that was...him.

Before she knew it Nate was standing back up which she figured meant he wanted to go back inside but to her surprise, he held out a hand and was asking her to... Wait, he was asking her to dance right now? They were standing outside, alone and in the cold and he was asking her to dance with him? She didn't even take the time to convince herself they shouldn't. In fact, it seemed like the best idea either of them had all night.

“It’d be my pleasure. I just hope you can keep up," she teased. In truth, Evie could barely hear the music playing but she didn’t care. He’d managed to change her mood with a simple request so she wasn’t going to say no. This was much better than being in the crowd right now trying to stumble around the sweaty bodies of everyone else.

Was it weird that him coming out to check on her made her feel better almost instantly? That just being with him, in general, was better than being in the middle of some party or with her friends? That she found herself wanting his company more and more lately. It wasn't even just to party or to hook up anymore at this point. She actually enjoyed being with him. Maybe if she was sober then she would be overthinking all of that right now, instead here she was placing her hand in his.

As she stood up from the bench she lost her footing and stumbled into Nate, her other hand falling on his chest to catch herself out of habit. Her laughter soon broke the silence as she straightened up and regained her composure. It took her a second but when she realized how close they were Evie took a step back, the space slightly opening up between them. "Well, you gonna show me your moves?" she teased, the smirk still on her face.
º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:

Nathan Woods
uh... heh

sick Bonnie & Clyde thing

Evie

N/A

jasmyn jasmyn
This was... this was dumb. This was... this was out of character for Nathan Woods. Coming out here to check on a friend -- hell, someone that he'd considered nothing more than a hookup until just a few weeks ago, that was so... horribly out of character for him. Fuck, Nate hadn't even really checked up on Oates after his breakup with Callum, and they were supposed to be best friends or something.

It just cemented and proved the point that Liv and Mike and Oates had tried to push on Nate in his DMs. It made him realize that when he had bummed that blunt off of Tristan (no, wait, it was Trent -- woops) and started babbling nonsense that it hadn't been just nonsense. It had bene, in some sense, the absolute truth.

Nathan Woods for some fucked up reason that he couldn't quite figure out had feelings for Evelyn Sinclaire -- but when he didn't think about it, it made sense. She was hot. She was opinionated. She stood by him when she didn't need to. She was fiercely passionate about her convictions. She was... everything. Evelyn Sinclaire was as close to perfect as one could get, so when he just thought about that, it made sense that he had fallen for the girl before him.

Nate hadn't wanted to fall for her. After the way he'd destroyed Amy, he'd wanted to stay as far away from hurting anyone else like that ever again. But Evie had come out and somehow, he'd fallen for her without realizing it. It was like being blindsided -- one day just waking up and realizing without a doubt that he was into her.

What the fuck was wrong with him?

As she stood from the bench, she stumbled and Nate managed to catch her, albeit stumbling a bit himself and having to catch himself. His heart pounded heavier in his chest and he could feel the heat rising up in his cheeks. Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Her laughter broke the silence and eased the tension that Nate felt -- the schoolboy giddiness. You know, the pounding heart, the warm cheeks, the sweaty palms that definitely weren't sweaty. The whole shebang.

"My moves?" He echoed with a light chuckle and shook his head, turning his gaze down. "I can't dance for anything. I kind of just..." Nate trailed off and started swaying back and forth for a moment before he stopped, chuckling again -- his cheeks reddened again but this time it wasn't because of being so damn close to Evie, but because of... well... he was fucking embarrassing himself.

Nate hesitated as his dark eyes shifted back up to look at her again. Here was this perfect girl, and his heart was thrumming out of his chest and in his fingertips, and Nate... Nate didn't... he couldn't...

What was that bad thing we learned about the effect that weed had on Nate?

Oh yeah.

He couldn't shut up. His filter was gone.

"Evie, I like you." He blurted out.

Fuck. Okay. He could---

He couldn't fix this.

"I know, I know you just... just wanted a uhh... like to hookup and... that's-- that's what I wanted at first, too..." shut up, man, shut up, "but I uhh I... Evie, I really like you. I don't want... to just... hookup... anymore."

Fucking shoot him now or something because Nate wasn't making any sense. The boy wasn't good with his words normally, and he certainly wasn't good with his words when his mouth felt full of cotton from all the alcohol pumping through his system.

"I... I really like you."

Shut. Up.
º º code by ditto º º

Zephyr Evermore
"Cheer up! 'Cause nothing really matters."

@zeph.evermore has set their status to:
[insert mood because i'm too lazy to think up something]

@zeph.evermore has interacted with:
Stella

@zeph.evermore has mentioned:
N/A

@zeph.evermore has tagged:
Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202
"Yeah, that sounds great." Zeph said with a smile down at Stella. She took his arm and he didn't really think much about it -- maybe most of those festival thoughts were going away, or-- ... oh who was he kidding? They were still lingering at the back of his mind, begging for him to pay attention when he just wanted to act like they weren't there.

On the bright side, he'd barely thought about Ronnie tonight. That was an improvement.

"Lin asked if I wanted to hangout tomorrow, though," he added quickly as he remembered the offer from his new bestie. Seriously, though. What a guy, right? He really wanted to hangout with a boring sophomore two days in a row. Wowie. Zeph was practically gushing on the inside. "But that probably wouldn't be until later, so yeah, I could stay the night."

Plus going all the way home after making sure Stella got home safe was exhausting. He usually fell asleep in the Uber on the way back to the dorms when he did so and would have to be woken up when they pulled up to his place.

As if on cue, Zeph yawned. Hey, chasing after Lin and trying to match his energy level all night had been absolutely exhausting. Zeph felt as if he could almost sleep for twelve hours straight.

"Watch movies all night until we fall asleep?" He asked as they started out of the party. He pulled the front door open, holding it ajar and waiting for Stella to step through before he followed out after her and pulled the door closed with a soft click behind him. "Sucks we didn't get to hangout at the party much together, but... I hear the afterparty has way better company." Zeph teased.

That afterparty company of course just being himself and Stella.

He was just so funny, right?

They waited, with Zeph a bit impatient the longer that it took for the Uber to get there -- look, he was tired. Zeph really just wanted to get in the car and be able to relax. It would be the first time that whole night that he'd been able to chill out, after all.

Eventually, the Uber showed up and Zeph slid into the backseat with Stella. He waited until they were on the road towards her apartment to look over at her and ask the question that had been nagging a bit at the back of his mind.

"So, you gonna tell me what happened at the party?" He asked. Look, she'd kind of dodged the question before -- said that she'd tell him later, and now was later, and Zeph was curious -- if not a little worried about what she could possibly have to tell him that she hadn't felt ready to tell him inside. "If you don't want to, that's fine. I totally get it." Zeph quickly added.
º º code by ditto º º

Evelyn Sinclaire
"....."

Johannes Residence

Nate.

@SinClaire has tagged:

Winona Winona

Evie watched as Nate began to sway in place, showing off what he’d basically deemed as his best “moves”. She couldn’t help the laugh that escaped her as she watched, never losing the smile that was plastered across her face. “Oh, yeah, that's...hard to top. Are you sure you don’t belong in the dance department? I think you could give Eli a run for his money at this rate,” she teased him, another snicker escaping her lips.

"Evie, I like you."

The words came out of nowhere but she thought nothing of it. Sometimes people got mushy when they drank, started to express admiration for their friends. "I like you too. I mean, I wouldn't still be hanging out here in the cold if I di-" she was interrupted when he continued to talk. His words kept coming and coming and that's when it actually hit her that he wasn't just drunk rambling anymore...

Oh, god. He was confessing to having feelings for her. No, no, no. She wasn't ready for this. Hell, she had never expected this to happen so how could she be ready? In her mind, the feelings were one-sided and yet here he was proving otherwise. Evie should be happy, right? Isn't that what normally happened when the person you liked felt the same? Instead, all she felt was pure panic.

"I don't want... to just... hookup... anymore."

Blink. Blink again. Nope, this was really happening and she couldn't do a damn thing to stop it, could she? Look, Evie had been trying to deny and push away her own feelings for a reason. Maybe not hanging out with him all the time would've been a better start to that though. It was a lot harder to downplay something when you wanted to be around them as much as she wanted to be around Nate.

She couldn't do another relationship, not after Kordei. She had given her all to him, fallen head over heels for him and after the split he moved on as if she'd meant nothing. In the matter of a month he had replaced her. The friendship, the love, it was all burnt to the ground and she had nothing to show for that year except heartbreak and toxic back and forth. Evie didn't want to do that again, to complicate her friendship with Nate over some feelings that might just be temporary.

Still, as he stumbled over his words she found herself wanting to take the leap. For a split second, maybe longer, she wanted to take the risk and ignore everything in her that was fighting against doing just that. Nate wasn't Dei and he would never be like Dei. She knew that. He was different and she could see that just in the way he stuck up for her, even when she was wrong. He wasn't set on being such a damn alpha that he tried to cancel out her strong-willed personality. Part of her didn't see the same cycle repeating itself with her but that was all just wishful thinking.

"Nate, I-" she paused as he repeated his first statement, the words ringing in her ears over and over. "I-I thought we were just friends. I mean, I assumed we both felt the same about keeping this..." she stopped again, her green hazel eyes finally managing to travel back up to meet his own gaze. She hated being in this position, face-to-face and having intimate feelings as the topic of discussion.

Evelyn shook her head as she struggled with what to say next for a moment. "I don't want that. I don't want more. You know that. I just can't go there again and I like you, a lot...but just...as a friend. That's all. I don't feel anything more..." she lied through her teeth as she took a few steps backward from him. It hurt her to even say, to know she wasn't being honest with him after he'd just laid it all out there but she wasn't willing to take the risk. She couldn't.

"I'm sorry, Nathan," she added, her voice cracking slightly before she finally turned around and retreated back into the house, the music and chatter from the crowd weren't even enough to drown out the thoughts racing through her mind right now.

Evie pushed through the drunk teenagers, grabbing a bottle whatever the hell it was, as she made her way up the stairs and to one of the guest bedrooms. "Gross. Get out," she said, rolling her eyes at the couple making out on the bed. "Now," she demanded holding the door open for them to walk past.

Once the room was empty she locked herself inside and threw her phone on the bed, plopping down on the small chair that sat in the corner and dropping her face in her hands. What the hell just happened? Had she seriously just rejected Nate and then...walked away? Jesus fucking christ.
º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:

minerva frost
@minifrostie has set their status to:
fuck feelings

@minifrostie has set their outfit to:
scandalous midrift

@minifrostie has set their location to:
in her car

@minifrostie has mentioned:
evie, gen, alex, lucky, others

@minifrostie has interacted with:
dorian

@minifrostie has tagged:
jasmyn jasmyn

@minifrostie has written a tl;dr:
opening up is a bitch

minnie sat there and tuned out everything dorian was saying. she had heard it all before.

“awh you’re not a bad friend”

“you did abandon your friends”

“you made a career move”

a bunch of lies. everyone immediately jumped on the side of reassuring her without ever trying to see where she was coming from. no one ever thought to validate her feelings or even attempt to understand why she felt the way she felt. they just ignored what she said and would dive right in to tell her how not horrible of a person she was.

so yea, dorian talked to a brick wall for twenty minutes as they drove back to the party. by the time they got back, minnie made a comment of getting back to the misses, a joke she tried to make to lighten the mode, a fake out in an attempt to make sure he would leave. with a light snicker he bid minnie a farewell and he was off.

minnie felt kinda bad for how long she kept dorian from jj. for about a half a second. and then she stopped feeling bad. it’s not like she wanted to be held hostage and forced to open up to dorian under ice cream. she tried to leave early, but he just had to be there, all caring and wanting to be a good friend.

she was just glad when he was gone. she made sure to watch as he walked all the way back into the house and shut the door. she even watched the closed door for a few extra minutes before she let go.

of what?

of everything.

she stopped holding back her emotions and completely broke down in her car. she was slightly thankful that dorian didn’t park very close to the house, not wanting to get help hostage for a second time in her own car.

the tears came flowing down her face, the sobs racked through her body, even causing hiccups. why was today so emotional? why did she care so much about her dumbass father? why was his text affecting her so much.

the obvious answer would probably be because she never properly processed the trauma he caused her. but of course minnie wouldn’t recognize that. nope, because what would minnie have trauma from? no, all minnie saw was that she was following her father’s footsteps, abandoning people who needed her. first evie with dei, now gen with liv. all she could do was type sassy remarks on a stupid little scren.

because that’s best friend material right there

minerva cranked her car radio and continued to sob. she hated how she was doing this in such a public manner, even if she was in her car. there were around and could very well just walk over and see her. but the more tears ran down her face, the more she didn’t care.

she looked pathetic, if anyone happened to see her. she tried to cry into both her hands, but one was busted and fifty shades of purple. so with her face buried in her left hand and her right hand clutches into her chest, she tried to curl into the passenger seat, trying to hide the side of her face that was still exposed. it just made her look more like a cuddled up fetus, just adding to the pathetic meter.

thoughts were coming in and out of her head, maybe she should just leave HA. no one here really needs her, right? most people hate her, if she left and finished her last year of high school some other way, no one would miss her.

who would miss me?

evie? nah evie’s got gen.
gen? nah she’s got evie and i left her in her time of. need. she wouldn’t miss me.
alex? alex would be paying for my plane ticket out of here, jumping on my scholarship as soon as it became available.
lucky? nope, he’d just find another blonde to fuck
dorian? no way, we’re not even that close.
liv? no she’s still going through the gen drama.

every name that popped into her head was quickly replaced by a reason they wouldn’t care if she was gone.

minnie was tired. she was tired of fighting for people to like her. she was tired of fighting in general. maybe she should just let everybody hate her.

º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:

Juliette Jameson
"Please, you can’t imitate perfection.”

@QueenJules has set their status to:
#BlondesAreWhores

@QueenJules has set their outfit to:
Devil Tingz

@QueenJules has interacted with:
Jace, Javier

@QueenJules has mentioned:
Dorian, Minnie, Maddie, Ava

@QueenJules has tagged:
jasmyn jasmyn Winona Winona sunshineysoul sunshineysoul

After the whole Javier debacle and getting back at the little shit for messing with Maddie-- which, of course she didn't do for her. Juliette and Maddie weren't friends. It didn't matter how long they knew each other for, they weren't close. Like at all. But... she wasn't just going to sit there and let him talk shit because he had a broken heart or whatever. Too fucking bad, get over it. It's not like she'd admit it to anyone why she'd done it. But that's fine, that's the way it'll stay. JJ was simply mad at Dorian for making her wait long enough that Javier was the target of her frustration. Wrong time, right place and all that.

Although her frustration wasn't an excuse.

She'd been waiting what? Over an hour? All because he had to come to Minnie's rescue? For what? Fucking ice cream? What a bitch. Minnie couldn't get her own boyfriend to have a joyride? Granted, they weren't dating. But... well, what the fuck ever. This was ridiculous.

Juliette doesn't do this.

The whole... pining for the simple sliver of attention from a man. She doesn't take any shit from relationships that are destined not to work out, and to hell if Dorian thought he was going to show up and she was going to plaster a damn smile on her face simply because he did what he was expected to, he had another thing coming. You know what? She should just find Ava and go the hell home.

Oh.

Weren't they in a fight?

Right. Of course they fucking were because Ava, well, Ava could never be happy for her.

No matter what crush, what boyfriend, what situation she was in. Juliette was always in the wrong and chose the wrong decisions. After hearing all these insults about your not boyfriend or your newest crush, it began to just feel targeted onto her. It's not like she could actually say that to Ava though. With boys? She was as blunt as she could be. Jules deserved the respect of not being stood up. Did she believe it? That was another question. The point here, bringing up to Ava how she'd felt would only result in another argument. Juliette was never afraid of an argument but... well, it wasn't important.

Now, here she was standing at the damn punch bowl that absolutely reeked of alcohol-- it was either that, or the guy standing beside her... and after ten minutes with him barely even moving an inch away from her... well, he didn't exactly catch Juliette at the best time.

"Can you get the hell out of my face and take a hundred and five fucking steps back because you smell worse than the hobo who probably lives in the school basement."

He was barely sober enough to understand her and he glanced up at her with furrowed brows.

God, why was it the pirates that were so annoying tonight?

Juliette provided him with a 'shoo' motion of her hands, and surprisingly-- he understood, stumbling somewhere onto the dance floor and leaving Juliette alone to her thoughts-- and senses, thank god.

Although she wasn't alone for long and Juliette wasn't sure if that was a good thing.

For her or Dorian.

"Hey JJ!" She was pulled into a hug-- a hug she didn't return, mind you. No way in hell he was about to get a damn hug in what he pulled all for a nightly trip to the damn ice cream shop, and that's if it was just ice cream. Yeah, that meant actually eating the ice cream in the fucking cups and no kinky shit. What? She didn't know Minnie that well. She's only been here for a year.

She narrowed her eyes, taking in his compliment with a shrug.

"I know."

Juliette didn't say anything besides that, simply raising an eyebrow and expecting for an explanation. Did she really have to ask? Of course not. Dorian was smarter than that, and for that alone he was better than her last boyfriend.

And... maybe she wasn't going to completely go off. "What the actual hell, Dorian? I've been waiting for you for two hours," One and a half, but did you really expect her not to get everything she could out of this? She was going to use it as an advantage to make her point even though she was right...

JJ needed to be more right.

"If I would've known you would rather spend your time taking Minnie on fucking ice cream dates, reliving a few meet cutes and buying a damn hotel room, I would've made plans with someone else tonight."

Okay... well...

that part wasn't totally true.

She wouldn't of made plans with someone else because quite obviously, Juliette liked Dorian.

A lot.

It was just a question if he felt the same. A question that Juliette wasn't too keen on bringing up.

Especially because she was afraid of the answer she might get, an answer-- that felt very clear, right now.

"You know what? it's whatever. Go sleep with Minnie for all I care. Marry her, have forty-two children, a white picket fence, six dogs and live happily ever after." She gestured towards the front door where he came in as if the blonde was waiting for him outside to steal him away.

It was always the blondes y'know that?

Fuck the blondes.
º º code by ditto º º

"Focus on me, I'm about to blow them all away"
Stella Bailey
@Steller.Bae has set their status to:
Confession time, here's what I got...

@Steller.Bae has set their outfit to:
Pika-pika

@Steller.Bae has set their location to:
Going home

@Steller.Bae has mentioned:
Dei, Evie, Landon, Jan

@Steller.Bae has Interacted with:
Zeph ( Winona Winona )

Truth be told she'd also made plans for the next day, so hearing that he had some to was kind of perfect? She was glad it didn't deter him from coming over since she really did feel guilty about not spending any time with him tonight. Even if he said it wasn't a big deal and he wasn't upset or anything over it, she still knew it was a dick move to make. Made even worse by the fact she's made him wait to find out why she made said dick move. She really didn't deserve such a forgiving and sweet best friend at times like these, but she was glad she had him none the less.

"Perfect." She hummed tapping away at the screen setting the destination. Not that she was pressed for finances, but one stop was still cheaper then two. Not that she wouldn't offer to still pay for his ride back home tomorrow, so it was more delayed then actually being cheaper.

They made their way out of the party and the noise seemed to fade for her as she was winding down. "Sounds like a real ragger of an after party." She giggled a bit at his light hearted joke, and it was appreciated. For her it held a lot of truth. Zeph was in fact better company then just about everyone in her opinion. Was that a fair assumption? Probably not, but it's how she felt and she had no apologies for that. Standing out waiting for the Uber should've been the lamest part of the night, but honestly Stella was enjoying the peace. No one yelling, no one bumping into her, no drama, nothing just the still crisp air, her best friend, and what would be a sky full of stars if they didn't live in LA.

Eventually all good things come to an end as the Uber pulled up and they got inside together. Once they were a bit of a distance from the party the inevitable question came. She knew it would, and she'd promised him answers, so it was time to pay the piper. "No it's fine, I want to." This was Zeph after all she could tell him anything right? She sat up straight and turned to face him figuring she should start at the beginning. She felt like it wasn't a long story, but she tended to ramble when she was uncomfortable with a topic. While she convinced herself she was fine, and over it...there was still a part of her that was nervous to confess to him, and she had no idea why.

Ok...maybe she had a small idea why, but that idea needed to die anyways, so if confessing kills it so be it.

"So for this upcoming movie I'm auditioning for my agent and manager thought it'd be good to stir up some buzz around my name." While fans had no say in casting it was always a nice edge to have your name already on their lips because directors did consider star power in casting. "Dei's popularity took a bit of a hit after the whole Amy thing. Because we're in sister companies or something they met up with his manager?" She waved her hand around absentmindedly cause she really hadn't paid much mind to that part.

"They wanna steer the conversation from what he did to him moving forward cause going from babe to babe is just part of his image. The brand you know." While morally it wasn't such a good thing, but business wise teenage heart throbs and bad boys get magazine covers. It just how their society worked and she couldn't blame Dei for cashing in on it. "So it was a business move. Step one to test the water they had me bring him as my plus one to my cast Halloween party last night." She wondered if he even remembered her brief twitter freak out over it. It had been mostly Jan and Landon talking to her, so he might've forgotten.

She sighed running her fingers through her hair, "God was it awful. Not because he's terrible company. I mean on a basic level me and Dei can get along decently, but it's not fun with the added pressure of knowing the reason we're hanging out." That and it not really being much of a choice didn't help. "I knew it's be bad if I publicly broke this unofficial contract or whatever it's called. That's when Landon helped me out and privately called a car for me to pick me up out back." Things like that were why as much of a dick as Landon might be to some people, Stella just couldn't see him that way. He had her back, and has always had her back since they met. Before Zeph came along he was the closest thing to a best friend she had.

"Apparently Dei found some girl to go home with him, so the media just assumed it was me since she was in black too. So no harm done, and he even got a bit of what he wanted too." Truly a win-win in a situation where no one was about to win. "When I got home I told them I wasn't up for it. They said fine, and that they'd handle it...newsflash, they didn't." the irritation in her voice was very evident at that point because she definitely was going to call them up tomorrow and get a piece of her mind...even though she kind of knew in the back of her mind it might genuinely not be their fault. These things just happen sometimes and she should've known better before ever stepping foot at the party.

"The problem tonight is I guess at some point in the night when we were sitting next to each other someone snapped a picture, and honestly the angle makes it look like we are closer than we were. Anyways it got released tonight, and Evie of all people found it and of course let it be known to the world on twitter without any of that back story! So yay for the rumor mill I'm having to ferociously shut down. I've been getting texts, and DM, and notifications all night. I had to silence my phone all while dealing with her sassy judgment cause now she thinks I'm fucking her ex too. And just ugh!" It made her wanna rip her hair out just thinking about it.

Stella was tired. She was tired of always looking out for her image even before she had managers and agents because her mother was a hawk. Dear god she hoped her mother did see that headline. Sympathy was not her mothers strong suit, so she couldn't even turn to her for support. She couldn't really turn to anyone it felt sometimes. Well she could to Landon he'd helped her escape it once, which was why he was her first thought. Looking at Zeph now, she knew she could turn to him too. She let the weird feeling that'd settled in due to that damn kiss be the reason she didn't come to him sooner about all this, which was dumb. This whole week had been growing levels ideocracy and she was about maxed out. She was over it all.

She let out a final sigh closing her eyes a moment trying to calm herself back down, "I turned it down cause I didn't want this to happen. I didn't wanna explain to the whole world that I don't like him or worse lie about liking him." She reopened her eyes but her gaze stayed cast down at her hands in her lap, "If I'm gonna have someone around me all the time I wanna have someone I actually like! I don't mind if it's a rumor I'm dating or whatever, but let it be someone I would be proud to say that about you know? Someone when I go to events and shit will make things fun and not a competition for fame." She sighed before deciding to lean her head on his shoulder for a bit of comfort even if her eyes stayed glued to her fidgeting hands, "So yah that's all of it. Like I said dumb."

She did suppose an actual relationship would be better then a fake or rumored one above all else. And while she believed she was amazing, she recognized that she hung around an older crowd. Most of the freshmen and sophomores irritated the hell out of her with their immaturity. The juniors and seniors though all seemed to be so stuck on age. While she didn't have this problem, so many of them fixated on calling Ronnie a baby or even some juniors a baby and all of them were technically older than her. She wasn't turning 16 till March for gods sake. So pursuing anything there was kind of pointless because she'd be pissed if someone referred to her as a baby. Though she was keenly aware people like Ronnie were seen as a baby because of their childish naïve mentality. All around kind of hopeless hoping for something real at the moment.

All she wanted now though was to put the drama behind her and watch movies with Zeph. She hoped her long story took up the majority of the car ride and they'd be pulling up to her place any minuet now. This was weird, and she wanted to move on already. "You probably think I'm an idiot too for getting mixed up in all that huh? It's ok if you do." She whispered. It definitely wasn't worth ruining her night.
º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:
kellian phelan
dance, dance.
@phelanthebeat has set her status to:
Dance, dance

@phelanthebeat has set her outfit to:
Ahem. "Don't have sex with my sister!" Ahem. "Kelli, I will buy you a pickax!" Ahem. "Vibes, man!" (Is this working?)

@phelanthebeat has set her location to:
The party!

@phelanthebeat has mentioned:
N/A

@phelanthebeat has interacted:
Ronnie

@phelanthebeat has tagged:
hery hery

@phelanthebeat has written a tl;dr:
Kelli chats and dances with Ronnie.
The dance floor wasn’t exactly what Kelli had imagined a dance floor at a big, bougie party to be. In the teen movies, the lights were totally dark in the dance room, there was a disco ball in the corner that had those multi-colored lenses in them, and the bumping music was mid-2000s alt-pop, so this bass-boosted, flashing-lighted, close-bodied floor was kinda a shock to see. But hey! Kelli hadn’t really known what to expect from a party in the first place, and she knew that movies weren’t real life to begin with, so she figured that this was what all parties’ dance floors looked like, and who was she to complain about that? “When in Rome, do as the Romans do”, as they said.

Ronnie took her by the hand and spun her around, and Kelli couldn’t help but smile and laugh as she did. Ronnie was so dope— she seemed to have such an easy time fitting in at the party, with the lipstick-smeared champagne glass in her hand and an easy smile on her face. Kelli just wished that she had that kind of confidence. It took a lot for Kelli to do anything except for blend in with the crowd, and here Ronnie was, sticking out in the best way.

“I love what Gen did with the place!” Kelli could hardly hear Ronnie’s shouting voice over the harsh bass line. “Although, I fell like it could use a bit more blood and organs!”

“I think it’s great!” Kelli agreed, though her soft voice was drowned out by the music. Unsurprisingly, Ronnie didn’t seem to catch it, instead tapping her chin in thought and look around at the decor. Kelli followed suit, trying not to get embarrassed at the fact that her friend didn’t hear her speak. It was loud around, so it wasn’t like Ronnie purposefully ignored her or anything…yeah

“Chas?” she repeated, though the sound fro her mouth was eaten up. The name sounded familiar. She wanted to say that she’d heard something about…teeth? Or maybe the lack thereof…? Or something about it, but she couldn’t really say.

She shook her head. She shouldn’t believe rumors, and she knew that.

She smiled. “Everyone here is hot!” she yelled. “Absolutely gorgeous! It’s like…a walking beer advertisement!” she agreed, nodding and dancing to the beat. She let her arms flail a bit, smiling at Ronnie. “I mean, I don’t know how they let me in here! It’s like…I have a place with the gods or something, I dunno!” Her soft voice could barely be heard above the loud music. "Plus, the decorations are adorable! I don't think that Halloween has to be scary. It's easier for everyone to enjoy when it isn't, I think! That's nice of her to think of everyone like that."

A new song came on with a bumping beat, and Kelli smiled brightly as she recognized it. She spun around, wiggling her shoulders and showing off her moves. She dissolved into laughter behind her hand, smiling at Ronnie.

Tonight was fun. She liked this.

She dropped her hand, smiling at Ronnie as she prompted her with another question: “So, like, what happens now? Like, with the party?” She laughed softly. "Do we...is there a game or something we do, or do we just..." She shimmied her hips to her next words. "...dance, dance, dance the night a-way?"
º º code by ditto º º​

Last edited:

Nathan Woods
fuck you, fuck you, and fuck you

dumb as fuck Bonnie & Clyde shit

Evie, Liv

Mike, Oat

jasmyn jasmyn Soap Soap
One time when Nate was about six or seven, he remembered playing on the jungle gym with his brother and sister. Nate had been teetering dangerously on the edge of the railing and Lucas being the absolute prick he was had shoved Nate so he fell off of the jungle gym and landed heavily on his back. He'd laid there, unable to move from his stunned position as excruciating pain throbbed in his body. The oxygen had been knocked straight out of his lungs and he had stared up at the sky, unbreathing, unmoving, until his mother's face had appeared over him. She'd started speaking to him, but Nate hadn't really heard her.

That's how it felt when Evie spoke.

"I-I thought we were just friends. I mean, I assumed we both felt the same about keeping this..."

He'd been teetering on the edge when he'd come clean, and now Evie's words were like Lucas' fists slamming into him and there was nothing he could do as he fell backwards.

"I don't want that. I don't want more. You know that. I just can't go there again and I like you, a lot...but just...as a friend. That's all. I don't feel anything more..."

Falling. This was the part where he was falling towards the ground, and there was nothing he could do to stop it. There was nothing he could to prevent the inevitable moment that his body splattered on the ground.

"I'm sorry, Nathan," she added, and then she was walking past him.

Bam.

Right there, slamming into the ground with the oxygen roughly being forced form his lungs and all Nate could do was stand there and stare ahead of himself. All he could do was stare at the space that Evie had previously occupied and try to process what had just happened.

He was a fucking idiot. His eyes squeezed tightly shut and Nate brought a hand up to roughly run through his hair, but instead it toppled the hat of his stupid fucking costume off. He blinked his eyes open, his eyes falling onto the hat, and... he stomped his foot into it. Stomped it straight into the dirt and brought his heel down, grounding the hat into the filthy ground to try and dispel some of the anger he felt at... at Evie, at Oates and Liv for saying what they fucking had, at himself for being so fucking stupid.

Nate was an absolute fucking... fucking...

Idiot.

God he was fucking stupid.

He had known it. He had fucking known it. That Evie didn't feel the same way about him, that the feeling wasn't mutual, but he let fucking Mike and Oates and Liv convince him otherwise. False hope, that's what they'd all fucking given him -- false fucking hope, and now that the oxygen had returned to his lungs, all Nate could do was feel fucking rage.

Nate wanted to break something. He looked back towards the metal bench, to the blunt that sat on top of it. He picked up the blunt, letting it dangle between his lips as he eyed the bench, thinking... considering...

And then he grabbed the cool metal and he yanked it so it went toppling forward. He glared down at it, his breaths coming a little heavier now. Nate grabbed the blunt, deeply breathing in the smoke, and exhaling. Trying to calm--

Oh fuck this shit. Fucking weed wasn't going to calm shit.

Dumbly, he kicked at the metal bench but that just hurt his foot, which just pissed him off more. Nate wanted to scream, but he didn't want to necessarily draw more attention to himself than he already probably had.

With joint still dangling from his mouth, he marched off around the edge of the house. He was fucking going home. Fuck this shit. As he walked, he angrily yanked at the suspenders, tossing them aside as he pulled them off, and then his fingers started yanking at the buttons of the dumb fucking itchy as fuck shirt. One of the buttons popped off and Nate's trembling fingers grabbed both sides of the shirt and yanked it apart, no longer caring if all the fucking buttons popped off or the shirt ripped or--

He stopped in his tracks when he saw Liv outside the house just ahead of him.

Weed might not calm shit, but whatever Liv might have...

"You." He snapped as he continued walking towards her and came to a stop beside her. "Drugs. Give me. Now." He mumbled around the joint and held his hand out -- expecting, waiting, for her to give him what he so desired. "I don't care what the fuck it is and I know you got shit on you, so... cough it up. Now."

He... he needed it, okay?
º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:
"might go down as g-o-d..."
saint taylor
@sainttay has set his status to:
Talking...

@sainttay has set his outfit to:
Simple...

@sainttay has set his location to:
The party...

@sainttay has mentioned:
Dei...

@sainttay has interacted with:
Amy...

@sainttay has tagged:
Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202

@sainttay has written a tl;dr:
Saint talks with Amy, trying to convince her to forgive Dei.
✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦
✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧
✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦
✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧
✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦
✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧
✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦
✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧
✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦
✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧
✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦
As Saint listened to Amy talk, his eyes wandered back to the book on the coffee table, his expression fading into one of disinterest, his brows lightly knit. She was speaking a lot, but she wasn’t saying too much. She was, quite obviously, trying to refute his points, but none of the points that she made really mattered too much. He can do better, he doesn’t feel sorry for what he did, we idealized one another, he took me for granted, he hasn’t shown me that he deserves my forgiveness, I’d want him to feel the same if the roles were reversed…et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. He had to admit, her ideas were compelling. The look on her face was genuine, and her tone was determined, and he’d’ve almost fallen for it if he hadn’t known for certain that she was in the wrong.

“I see…,” Saint said, nodding slightly, reaching out to pick up the book again. “I get where you’re coming from…” This much wasn’t a lie; he could tell where her mind was and her feelings on the subject, despite how wrong they were. He ran his hand along the spine, his rough hands making a sound like sandpaper against the matte sleeve. “Dei did what he did, and that can’t be changed…no matter how much you or I or he resents what he did.” It was his “fault” (though the word fault wasn’t quite the right one to use there, since it implied that he’d done something wrong in the first place) and no one else’s. “In the end, he did it…because he wanted to, and that’s what it boils down to…” It was the same reason that kids ate their entire candy stashes, even knowing that they’d have a stomach ache in a few hours from it. It was the same reason that married men snuck off to the strip club to throw their hard-earned checks away in form of dollar bills. It was the same reason that dogs ate chocolate in front of them, even if it would make them sick. They wanted to, and that was what it all came down to, and that was all that there was to it. Selfishness was a part of the world. Egoism was the way of the world, and that was why he accounted for it, and that was why she should account for it, too. “You’re upset…because he did what he wanted to, and that’s what it comes down to, right…?”

He ran his forefinger along the corner, scraping the callus on the end of his finger with the slightly-raised ridge of the hard paper of the sleeve. “That’s a valid thing…” He supposed, anyway. Not everyone had the same view of how the world should work— or how it did work— and he tried not to judge the person based on that fact.

Even so, he could judge the stance.

He sighed softly and slowly through his nose. “Dei did what he did, and that hurt you…but he didn’t do it to hurt you. That wasn’t his motivation…I can tell you that for sure. He cared about you, Amy…and he did what he did because he wanted to, not because he wanted to hurt you or spite you in any way.” Dei’s feelings on the matter didn’t matter whatsoever, though, no matter how much she insisted that they did. They didn’t have any bearing on the situation at hand. If they were looking at Dei, they would, but right now, he was looking at Amy, who seemed to be saying that Dei’s actions somehow prevented her from forgiving him, which made no sense whatsoever.

He gave another long breath through his nose, looking to Amy as he lowered the book. “Nothing that Dei does is directly holding you back from forgiving him, Amy,” he said firmly in his low voice. “Nothing that he did affects your ability to forgive him. Whether you see that as taking pity on him, or being overly-gracious, or letting yourself be walked all over, it doesn’t matter. No matter your views on the matter, you have to admit: you, in the end, are the only reason why you can’t forgive him. You’re unforgiving because you want to be. You’re still hung up on that because you want to be, and that’s on you…and you need to right that.”

He gave another soft breath through his nose. “I do like you, Amy…but I think that you’re wrong in this, and I feel like you’re holding yourself back by not forgiving him. That’s all.”
º º code by ditto º º

Alejandra Cortez
"She's sweet like candy in'my veins.”

@Realex has set their status to:
... busy.

@Realex has set their outfit to:
Buzz lightwhore

@Realex has interacted with:
Naomi

@Realex has mentioned:
N/A
@Realex has tagged:
Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202

Damn.

What a night-- forget that, what a kiss.

Alex was practically floating on air and much to her dismay, Naomi had pulled away and unsurprisingly Alex still felt like she was floating just by gazing at her, god, she was so gorgeous. Believe it or not, Alex couldn't believe Naomi even liked her back-- at least that's what she assumed why Naomi kissed her back in the first place, not to mention the clear interest that she'd been throwing at her afterwards.

Alex was never great with flirting.

Receiving or delivering.

Her cheeks were bright red and somehow, even more so when Naomi leaned over to place a kiss on her cheek and Alex rolled her eyes at her words, trying her best to ignore the incredibly wide smile that was plastered onto her lips and ignore the threatening thoughts that attempted to convince her that Naomi was simply playing along for the sake of politeness. Yes, she knew that was ridiculous. It sounded ridiculous.

But Alejandra didn't have a whole ton of self-confidence when it came to love.

Boys, girls, didn't matter. There was always that voice in the back of her head that told her she wasn't good enough for them or that tried to convince her that they couldn't possibly be interested in her even if she put her whole heart and soul into them. It wasn't something that was just going to disappear in the blink of an eye or evaporate into thin air once somebody had tried to encourage her to put herself out there in spite of the fear of getting hurt. "Me? I don't know, I'm not all that great at planning dates." Alex chuckled, allowing her thumb to brush against Naomi's hand while their fingers were intertwined.

Her mind ran a thousand miles per second, and just a minute ago it was white noise, nothing mattered except for Naomi.

Now? Everything mattered including Naomi. Alex didn't want to overthink this moment, it was... a good one.

Why ruin it?

"I'm gonna be forward for a minute--" Alex warned, glancing down at their hands and back towards Naomi with the simplest of shrugs as her gaze softened almost instantly meeting her dark eyes. "I think you're pretty amazing." She leaned in as if she was telling her a secret and her grin had widened into a full smile, fading after a few seconds as Alex racked her brain for what more to say.

She didn't want to scare Naomi off, but... hey, blame it on the tequila if she'd taken a step too far.

"And... I like you, incase you haven't realized already."

Did she ruin it?

Probably.

Shit.
º º code by ditto º º

Users who are viewing this thread

Back