• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern hollywood arts: main (open!!)

Characters
Here

Isabella Dupont

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

emily watts

la vie en rose

New Year’s Eve. Bella would be lying if she said that she wasn’t nervous about this whole party thing, it had been a long time since she had gone to a casual house gathering. That alone was enough to set the girl on edge but the party being held at the home of three people that genuinely scared the living daylights out of her, now that was what truly had Bella worried.

Well that and the last time that Bella had gone to a social gathering, she had been rejected by the guy she had feelings for and then subsequently kissed by a friend. But that totally had nothing to do with it.

Totally.

Not.

Related.

Bella had spent the weeks since Ball overly worried about everything. The amount of stress muffins she had baked in the communal dorm kitchen was ridiculous, though she was sure that her floormates were happy about the fresh plate of fluffy treats that were left out on the table every morning.

All of this was too complicated. Bella’s strong rejection from Casey had been enough to turn her away from him, enough to make her realize that the stupid thumping in her chest and the absentminded daydreaming was nothing more than childish infatuation. This realization came as a massive relief, so much so that it would have put Bella at a genuine sort of peace if it wasn’t for the fact that Casey had almost immediately been replaced by Avery in her mind.

Avery. He just had to go and kiss her, he just had to go and make everything so tricky. Bella had been fine with her silly little crush on Casey ending. This new wave of feeling, however, was entirely unwanted.

As the time progressed and the more Bella thought about it, the more she came to the conclusion that maybe this was all a good opportunity. Avery was a good guy: polite, kind, caring, pretty cute. Not normally the kind of person Bella would go for, slightly too soft around the edges and far too respectful compared to the other two people in her track record. But maybe it was time for something different and maybe that something different was Avery.

Bella came to the conclusion by the Monday before the party that she was going to ask out Avery. This was her choice to make, the ball was in her court and she was going to go for it. That was precisely why when she saw Avery at the party, she took a deep breath and walked right up to him, hand shooting out to take his in her’s.

“We need to talk,” she spoke quickly as she dragged Avery along behind her up a winding set of stairs.
She needed somewhere quiet, somewhere isolated. The last thing Bella wanted to do was get rejected in front of yet another crowd. When they finally reached an upper balcony, Bella pulled Avery through to the other side and slid the glass door shut before finally dropping his hand.

“Look, Avery, I am about to say a lot of things that do not make sense, okay? Just let me talk for a minute.” Bella took another deep breath. “I got up and walked away on the night of the Winter Ball because I had just gotten rejected and I did not want you to think I was using you. I have avoided you since then because I did not know how to feel about what happened with us. I needed to think.”

Bella fell silent, pressing her palms into the railings as she looked down at the crowds below. At least it would be to escape if things hit the fan.

“I thought. I thought a lot about what happened and I realized that maybe what happened was not the worst thing.” Bella paused, looking over her shoulder to Avery. “Maybe I even liked it.” Pushing herself off the railing, Bella turned around to lean her back against the rail and to face Avery. “I guess what I am saying is that… maybe I want to give this a try. Us, I mean.” A soft laugh fell from Bella’s lips as her arms crossed in front of her chest. “That was a silly way to say that but you get my point. You make me really happy, Avery, happier than anyone else in this ridiculous town.”

♡coded by uxie♡

Mikaela Ainsley

Mikaela had her fair share of the bubbly and the booze before she joined up with Josie but after that… let’s just say she’d drunk enough to swim in it.

Hey, it was her birthday – well yesterday was but anyway, they were celebrating and was it really celebrating if you didn’t go all out? Besides it wasn’t as if drinking was the only thing they had done. There had been a splash of dancing here, a couple of drinks there, topped off with them switching around some belongings and hiding some items. The perfect birthday cocktail really, until T-minus two seconds from now.

“HEY!”

A little glance up from where she was, half bent over, hands on the phone sticking out of a party goer’s back pocket brought her face to face… with said angry party goer.

…Ooops?

“THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?”

Run.

Mikaela straightened up so fast, she almost butted heads with the party goer who lost their balance trying to avoid her skull. She turned as fast as her drunken little butt would allow and grabbed Josie’s hand as she started to push through the crowd.

God running was hard when you had a lot to drink. Her legs felt loopy and with all the lights and people, it was like she was starting to see double of everything and her free hand was basically swatting at people as she tried to move them out of the way and grabbed onto them or things for support.

Behind her she could hear the sharp roar of the near victim of her little prank. “GET BACK HERE! STOP!”

Hahaha! That was so funny. She couldn’t stop laughing. Stop? Why would she stop? She wasn’t going to stop. No siree, no way, nuh uh, nothing was gonna stop her little booty from inching further and further out of reach from that silly little bum.

Even if her silly little legs kept wanting to take a rest and nap on the job. Such bad legs. Terrible, terrible legs. Bad legs needed to be punished and replaced, yes replaced, she was gonna replace them then no more sleepy legs that wouldn’t listen.

Hehe, she was so clever. Leg replacement surgery. Oooh maybe she could replace her legs with Usain Bolt’s! Then she would be so fast no one would ever catch her. No one.

After who knows how long of running (well strumbling really), Mikaela finally found the main entrance and pulled herself and Josie free of the crowd and out into the hallway.

“Woooooohooooo!” She shouted as she stumbled down the hallway to the lift, still laughing away even as her legs finally decided to go to sleep inside the lift and she found herself slumped against the cold metal.

“Baad legs. Look Jojo,” she pointed at her legs and laughed, “they went to sleeeep! Naughty, naughty legs. Why don’t you listennnnn?” She pounded at the helpless limbs with her fist, a frown replacing the laughter, “listennn to me! I’m the boss! You should be working! Woooork!” her voice stretched into a whine as the doors opened on the first floor and they somehow managed to make their way out of the lift and the building altogether to land up outside in the chilly night air.

All that alcohol she had downed throughout the night finally caught up to her and within moments, Mikaela found herself, head hung over the sidewalk hurling her insides out.

The acid taste burned her throat and left her eyes stung with tears. Ugh. Way to put a stick in it stomach or whatever. All of her body was rebelling against her today, not working the way she wanted to.

Tonight was New Year’s Ever! Her birthday part two! She wanted fun! More fun! And this was not fun!

“Jojo I want bubbly!” Yep. That’s right. More booze. “I want more bubbly! I want fun! Let’s do something fun!”

mood
just keep partying

outfit
party dress

playing...
song title here

by artist here​

mentions
N/A

interactions
Josie

tags
@jasmichelle

º º code by ditto º º

RAVEN RIVERA​

Mason's gaze turned into a glare and Raven sweetly-smiled in return, following him up the next set of stairs, sneaking a glance at the toddler who was clearly pretending to still be asleep. She remembers when she used to do that.

Only happened a few times before her mother inevitably forgot her in the car.

At least it was in summer, Maine wasn't too cold then.

"Seriously? I'm not a fudging baby."

Raven snorted, earning an eyeroll of her own.

"Oh right, you're not a wittle fudging baby." Her voice dropped lower in an attempt to baby him further.

She loved getting on his nerves, this was her thing, y'know?

Mason & Raven's thing.

It usually went back and forth until he said something that inevitably hurt her, and she always pretended like it wasn't a big deal but she was angry and didn't talk to him for a few days-- but thankfully, Mason wasn't that petty to this little something out of nothing.

It was kinda cute.

"How many rooms did Noah say it is? Think we're gonna have to share with Drake? All four of us in one goddamn room..."

She rose an eyebrow, piecing together what he meant before a slow, clearly overly amused smile was practically plastered onto her face.

"The four of us as in... me, you and Ari? 'Think you're gonna get me in your bed that easily, Rivera? I mean I know I talk a lot of game, but I like to be woo'ed first."

Of course she wasn't serious, Raven was just naturally flirty. It was fun, and besides, it was a really good way to get on his nerves. Her mission was to fluster him as much as possible-- even though flustered Mason was mostly just angry Mason, that didn't make it any less entertaining.

Entertaining or not...

She wasn't really opposed to the idea of sharing a room with Mason.

Raven was used to sleeping alone, but for the past few months... it's just been...

She wouldn't mind it.

"Even if not, we'll still do impromptu sleepovers. Where am I gonna get my finding nemo fix? It's practically a ritual to watch it a hundred and forty times before bed."

The question came out of nowhere, but clearly Raven's brain was running a little too quick for Mason to handle today, it was the car.

She went stir-crazy, clearly.

"Aren't you at least the slightest bit disappointed you won't have anyone to kiss at midnight?"

Projecting, Rivera.

Oh, okay, maybe! Raven wasn't one to turn down a kiss on new years.

It was tradition! Usually for people with partners, but...

She didn't have that.

Not this year... or the last...

But it was fine, y'know? She didn't really mind it all that much, she wasn't the relationship type... which is what she always told herself before she inevitably found herself in one each time. That's sorta why she was kinda... done caring. This year was gonna be... about... her doing whatever she wanted, which included her doing whoever she wanted.

If the opportunity showed itself...

Raven wasn't gonna say no.

mood
Hmph.

outfit
car clothes

playing...
high hopes

by kodaline​

mentions

interactions

Mason

tags
Winona Winona

º º code by ditto º º

"Focus on me, I'm about to blow them all away"

Stella Bailey
@Steller.Bae has set their status to:
Cheers to Us!

@Steller.Bae has set their outfit to:
Pretty-N-Pink

@Steller.Bae has set their location to:
JJ/Adri/Chas Home

@Steller.Bae has mentioned:
None

@Steller.Bae has Interacted with:
Zeph ( Winona Winona )
✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯

All Stella really got in return for her concern was a soft smile and a simple shrug. Which should've been ok... so why didn't it ease her mind like his smile usually did? Why did she still feel so uneasy about this? She tried to tell herself she was just being paranoid. That she was overthinking as she had a habit of doing, but the nagging feeling wouldn't go away.

Maybe it was the fact Zeph was actually apparently drinking tonight. Like...was that Tequila he'd just poured into his cup? Usually neither of them where big drinkers, but even when one of them did admittedly it was usually her. Mind you it's new years eve, and so having a singular cup isn't unheard of even for people who aren't typically drinkers. Still it surprised her.

Maybe even a bit worried.

The cogs in her mind ever turning couldn't help but think up a scenario on why she felt the way she did, why she was seeing the scene before her right now. None of it made sense even if it was technically a normal sight so she had to try and make sense of it to have even a chance of relaxing tonight. Her first conclusion was perhaps something was eating away at him, and he just didn't know how to tell her.

Maybe he didn't want to...

Neither of which was ideal and created an tight feeling in her gut. They told each other everything. Or she liked to believe so. Even when she was trying to bottle up how she'd felt about him and the drama when they started dating it only lasted what? A week before she spilled the beans to him. She'd have told him sooner if she wasn't so embarrassed, but she'd gotten hopelessly drunk too in order to try and forget about it. Maybe he was doing the same.

"Nah, just enjoying the night." he replied.

Right...

"If you say so...but you know, you can tell me anything right?" She tried to softly encourage. She wanted to believe that no matter what they'd be alright. That no matter what he was still her best friend and the person who mattered more then anyone else in the world to her. Well outside of her big brother, he was still first, but he wasn't here.

"I don't know, it just seems like you're... distracted." She commented not really sure how else to phrase what she'd witnessed.

She was irked of course by this fact, but the alcohol made her worried too. God she caring about someone was an emotionally draining activity even when nothing is happening it seemed.
º º code by ditto º º

Spencer Gray

TW: Mopey Spencer feat. dead gf mentions
Spencer tried hard to keep his usual smile on his face as he listened to Beth talk.

Was he having fun?

“Yeah.” No.

“I’m alright.” Lies.

“The hosts really know how to throw a party.” A party he wanted to escape from.

“Do you maybe want to get a drink or something?” No.

“Sure.” Shit. His reflex had kicked in and the response came out before he could stop himself. Food or something was fine, but he didn’t want to drink, maybe he could… no… forget it. It’d probably be better if he just went along, he wasn’t here to ruin the mood after all, even if his heart was far from in it.

Spencer trailed behind Beth, his steps slightly sluggish and his hands in his pockets as they made their way to the table of food and drinks.

He hesitated for a brief moment before taking a glass and tried to force a smile on his face as he clinked it with hers.

“Cheers and happy new year’s.” He said. Only the cheer was completely absent from his voice.

The surroundings seemed to disappear as he stared down at the glass of alcohol he held far from his lips and the gentle swirl of the liquid consumed his vision as it pulled him back into the past.

His phone buzzed.

“Spence? You ready?”

He glanced at the notification on his screen reminding him of Sheryl’s birthday party. He was supposed to leave now so he could get there on time.

“Yo Spence! You coming?”

The phone continued to buzz in his hand as he glanced up at his friends who were getting ready for another round. Their performance was in two days. His girlfriend’s party was in an hour. He promised her he’d be there and he wanted to be. But he was so close. Just a bit more and he would grasp the move. He would have it down pat in time for the big New Year’s Eve concert. He didn’t want to let the boys down. Not when they had so graciously let him rejoin the crew after the way he left the first time around.

He turned off the notification and tossed his phone back into his bag as he headed over to join them.

One more round. He was almost there. He’d nail the move and then he’d get ready and head over to the party. He had time he could make it. He would make it.

How naïve he had been.

He didn’t.

The phone rang but no one answered. His messages were getting through, but they weren’t getting read. Dammit. He lost track of the time, and now traffic was against him as well. He was going to be at least an hour and a half late. Sheryl was going to be upset and hurt.

Shit.

He should have paid more attention to the clock. Hopefully he would be in time to make it up to her. At least he had the move nailed so in a way it was worth it. Next time he could leave practice on time or earlier even. Spend the next two days making it up to her after his dance practices.

Next time. The words flashed bitterly in his mind as he stared down at the glass. He’d always told himself that. How foolish he’d been.

There had been no next time. Only screams of anguish, the tears and cries of friends and family. The slam of fists against his shoulder and tears on his shirt.

“Why?! Why didn’t you show up?”

Her knees buckled and while his feet held firm under the sudden weight of her body on his collar, his soul felt like it was being dragged down along with her.

“If you had been there, if you had just kept your promise then –” her voice fell away before she finished as she averted her gaze. Apologies fell from her lips but none of them reached his ears. Only the unspoken words that had died in her throat. Words that he knew even if she never fully voiced them.

If he had kept his promise, if he had just shown up like he was supposed to… none of this would have happened. Sheryl would never have…

It was all his fault.

“It wasn’t your fault Spencer. It was those boys who did this. They’re the ones who hurt her.”

After the incident everyone started telling him that. It wasn’t his fault, he wasn’t responsible. Eventually, he allowed himself to believe it. But thinking about it again now, he was one of those boys who had hurt her.

He’d hurt her with his promises, every one that he broke had been a shard to her heart. And he’d broken more than he could count.

Lost in the lull of his memories and old guilt that broke through to the surface, Spencer didn’t hear or see anything around him, he didn’t even try to push back the voice he always tried to suppress, the one that haunted him in his worst moments, instead he simply stood there and let it consume him.

mood
trying to breathe

outfit
simple fit

playing...
WONDER

by Shawn Mendes​

mentions
Nil

interactions
Beth

tags
Winona Winona

º º code by ditto º º

Nathan Woods

He'd kept a clear enough head -- Nate didn't regret the shit he'd done, least of all when he'd outed fucking Chas, because the bastard had deserved it, and Nate would fucking die saying that shit. Chas was an asshole, and he deserved every bad thing that came his way.

So no, he wasn't upset. He wasn't pissed. He was fine, right up until Evie decided to bring up his past drug addiction.

Past because he was recovered. He was better. Past because he'd gotten fucking clean and fuck, he'd been clean even before he'd met Evie. Before he knew who the fuck she was, Nate had been clean -- she'd never known him when he was an addict, so where did she get off saying that kind of shit?

Better yet, how did anyone stay clean in this godforsaken school when you were consistently receiving jabs at who you used to be? Jabs that he could mostly ignore, jabs that didn't hurt or stick to his skin, except...

Except now.

Except when Evie said it.

His dark eyes narrowed, his jaw tensing.

"Fuck off, Evelyn," he said, his voice dangerously low. "You're just as bad as every other two-faced bitch here."

mood
in need of joint

outfit
clothes

playing...
song title
by artist​

mentions
Mike, Gen

interactions
Evie

tags
@jasmichelle

º º code by ditto º º

Elizabeth Sterling

Well, she was here. She was present. She wasn't just half listening as he tried to make conversation and barely paying any attention to the person that she was spending the night with. Like, it just wasn't fair at all, that no matter what she did, it felt as if Spencer was on another planet -- and tonight, it earned a small huff of annoyance from the superbly mature sophomore.

She huffed as she placed her cup (also hardly touched because alcohol was icky, although she'd never admit that aloud) and crossed her arms over her chest. God, maybe she should've gone with Whore Gray as opposed to Hotter Gray. Sure, she would've been stealing a man from her sister, but it wasn't as if Tori would've ever gotten him. Actually, Tori probably deserved this mindless zombie in front of her. Like, the two of them could get nowhere together.

"Are you even listening?" She asked, her voice unnecessarily exasperated as she tried to get Spencer's attention. "God, it's just the new year. Not a funeral or something. Why don't you just, like... let loose and have some fun for once or something?"

Honest question, though. It felt like almost every time she'd be with Spencer, he'd hardly been paying attention. Like his mind was always somewhere else, and like, yeah.

She was getting annoyed.

mood
adult

outfit
clothes

playing...
Good Girl
by Julian Moon​

mentions
N/A

interactions
Spencer

tags
Xed Xed

º º code by ditto º º

Ava Sanders

Really, it was probably karma that caused the spiteful redhead to strike up a conversation with a chick that seemed to be just as out of place and uncomfortable in the environment as she was. But hey, last time Ava had approached some random person, she'd kind of found a friend in Saint and had gotten to see some really cool fucking blood makeup.

(Yeah, she still thought it was fake.)

Also, the girl was popping pills, which really wasn't too surprising at a party filled with Hollywood's youngest stars. Seriously, the kids here really turned the entire school into a sort of proper looking drug ring. Druggywood Arts: Home to Future Addicts would've been a better tagline for the school.

Course, she said it was for a headache, and maybe she was serious. Surely no one was dumb enough to pop pills in the middle of the party.

"Ah yeah... Okay," she started, "are you ahh... New? Don't think I've seen you."

Granted, Ava couldn't name the majority of the students at the party tonight.

mood
eh

outfit
clothes

playing...
Bad Reputation
by Joan Jett & the Blackhearts​

mentions
N/A

interactions
Petra

tags
@petals

º º code by ditto º º

MOOD: Need drugs. Need them. Please, sir.

OUTFIT: Jacket with pink hearts and matching emoji hoodie/sweatpants.

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:
Winona Winona (Damien), @petals (Matt), Harrowhark Harrowhark (Jackson)
tags
TL;DR Beelzebub wanted some drugs and he didn't find a good way to get them.
tl;dr
beelzebub

A loud, feminine gasp quite literally escaped Beelzebub’s lips as the joint that he was reaching for fell onto the ground by none other’s doing than Damien Slater’s. It would’ve been fine, as Beelzebub was not afraid to take drugs off the floor even on a good day. Sure, this might have just been a little bit of weed, but it was a million times better than nothing.

And that was when Damien’s leg squashed the little buddy into a paper-thin mass of nothingness on the rough floor, which earned the boy another loud feminine gasp from Beelzebub, this one filled with even more pain than the last one.

It was too much for poor little Beelzebub Woods, such tragedy struck right before his own eyes! He was speechless. He was absolutely speechless. Hating an amazing and charismatic—quite artistic too—individual was one thing, but killing drugs, now that was colder than a cruising hookup in the backroom of a Walmart.

All Beelzebub could do was stare at the other boy in disbelief at what just happened. Sure, Damien’s words he did hear, as well as the other guy’s Wizard of Oz comment, but he did not care one bit for them. Damien was just another guy whose opinion did not matter to Beelzebub whatsoever. Things might have been different if, or when, Damien had some (any) drugs on him, but by doing that unspeakable act, he rendered himself to being like everyone else; to being just a boring person like everyone else. The other guy was always a boring person like everyone else to Beelzebub.

“Friends?! GETTING ALONG?!? With this wackjob?!” Beelzebub lifted his hand, only loosely pointing at Damien, but everyone knew who the bleach-haired boy was talking about. It had to have been the one person in the conversation he couldn’t stand. His jacket only so slightly danced in the wind, but there was a storm brewing, alright. “You must be fucking crazy. Only over my dead, ran over, battered, road killed, made-into-McDonalds-patties-like-horse-meat body! Didn’t you just see what he just did!? He just- He just- He just-. HE JUST THREW DRUGS ON THE FLOOR, DUMBASS! I shall not stand here next to this plant killing maniac! Good riddance. Hope you choke on each other’s small dicks.”

He started walking away only to stop in his tracks and return to say something else. “No, I hope you choke on each other’s small dick. One. Singular. Because your dicks are so miniscule they together make one relatively small one. On a good warm day, too. Good riddance, again.” He walked away this time but not before making sure his words were still being heard even from further away. “Despicable! I tell you! Despicable!”

Entering the inside of the party, Beelzebub still couldn’t believe it. The entire thing felt like a weird fever dream nightmare situation, but that might just have all been increased by the growing pains inside of his upper abdomen. He was still talking shit, though, and he didn’t plan on stopping. No way. Not him. Not today.

“He is such a meanie. It’s definitely because he has a weird dick and is compensating for it by being a huge asshole. Whatever, he doesn’t matter. He is just a little bitch boy who doesn’t know how to be a good person. Even his asshole buddy thinks so. I know. He told me. In the nightmares I’m going to have tonight. It was a massacre.”

He decided to enter a room, either to calm down or to see if anyone was in there who he could get drugs off of, and even if there was someone in the room, Beelzebub found himself so stuck inside of his own mind and words that he didn’t even notice.

All he did notice, however, was the lounge chair thing that was probably made by some designer or something, and while he usually appreciated such pieces of art, the only piece of art he was worried about right now was himself, and how the pain inside of his abdomen was growing, and how he really really needed to sit down or lay down or something. So he did exactly that, laying down onto the lounge chair thing, and letting his view roam the room, while he still talked.

“Maybe if I was a little bit nicer… Actually, no, I was so nice. Soooo nice. He was just ugly. Outside and inside. I bet he didn’t even go to kindergarten when he was a kid. His social skills really need some work if you ask me.” He stopped talking when he noticed that someone was actually in the room.

“Not you.”
code by valen t.[/borde

Akira Davies

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

alt-j

something good

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. New Year’s Eve. Scary, scary, scary.

Look, Kei really wasn’t a big fan of parties. Sure he loved seeing his loved ones happy, specifically Lida who seemed perfectly in her prime amongst the crowds and lovely loud music, but if he was being entirely honest, Kei was more happy finding a corner and the resident pet (or pets, plural, if he was super lucky) and relaxing in the quiet.

That was precisely why when Lida rushed off to go see whoever she had eagle eye spotted on the other side of a horde of people, that Kei simply awkwardly stood there beside Rowan desperately trying to figure out an escape plan.

Drinks. He needed a drink. Yes, yes, he was very very thirsty.

“Hey, uh, excuse me for a minute, Ro,” Kei apologized with a soft smile, “I’ll be, um, I’ll be right back. Er like right back-ish. I won’t be too long.”

Kei took his leave rather quickly, his gentle voice murmuring a string of apologies and excuse me’s as he wove his way between groups of people towards the long table of red plastic cups and bottles of who knows what. Kei twisted a cap off a particularly pretty looking bottle and took a sniff of the golden liquid within, the scent immediately burning his nostrils and causing his face to screw up. Nope, definitely not soda, what in the hell was that?

Eventually resigning to pour himself a glass of water from yet another expensive looking pitcher, Kei began to make his way through the house (once again, way too large and far too costly) in search for, you guessed it, the token pet. Kei had heard whispers about a dog, the one posted on several Instagrams, and he was about to find her. Poor thing was probably nervous in such a loud, chaotic environment.

At least he could relate to the dog.

Kei turned another corner and stopped suddenly, face to face with a familiar person. “Oh, uh, hey Angel! How’s it going? Killer party, yeah?”

♡coded by uxie♡

MOOD: Crossfaded

OUTFIT: ur egirl dream ig

basics

INT:
Lillian dear.szmm dear.szmm
tags
TL;DR Doing good until Rox opened her big fucking mouth
tl;dr
Roxanne
—Drink

When Lillian started to relax, so did Rox. The stalemate was over, and they could both finally breathe.

“Wanna go bump up?” The way Lillian whispered reminded her of a middle schooler who was going to smoke weed for the first time. It was cute. Rox dug around in her purse, but unfortunately she’d picked things up in too much of a rush to even remember the LSD she’d gotten specifically for this party. Well, that was a treat for future Rox. Thanks past Rox, you’re too kind.

Lillian pulled her to the patio anyway, which Rox had no objections to. Then her fingers grazed the savior. “I got my dab pen!” She held it up triumphantly. There was nothing better than being stoned as fuck to bring in the new year. She pushed ahead, but once the door was open she realized her mistake.

It was fucking cold.

Blame Rox for dressing like this all you want, but the party had been inside. This was a perfect “collective party body heat” weather outfit, not so good for “december 31st” weather.

“Hold me,” Rox demanded, huddling into Lillian who was at least wearing pants. Together they could make one warm outfit. She held the pen up to her lips and took a hit, holding it as she passed the pen to Lillian.

Crossfaded was the way to go. With a sigh, Rox released the breath along with all her worries from before. Things were good. A little fight didn’t change that.

“I don’t know why I thought tonight was gonna suck,” Rox laughed, finishing the drink she’d just remembered she’d been holding. Ew. That was really strong. Her face wrinkled as she looked into the empty cup. Past Rox, this is quite the betrayal.

No, tonight was good. So good. Like so entirely good she couldn’t keep her thoughts on why it wouldn’t be good to herself. “I was all like ‘ugh Lillian is gonna be a total bitch all night and I’m gonna have to fight to keep her down.’” Rox kept laughing, unaware that what she said wasn’t actually funny. “But you’re being super cool Lillian right now. That’s my favorite Lillian.” Insecure bitch Lillian was her least favorite obviously. “Thank you for chilling out.”
code by valen t.

MOOD: Honestly? Bored

OUTFIT: a fashion nightmare

basics

INT:
Beelzubub mogy mogy
tags
TL;DR Finessed mom and now getting intoxicated hell yeah
tl;dr
Jackson
— Prescription Kid

TW: drug use baybeeeeeeeee

Jackson could always sniff out a good party. If there were at least fifteen people in a space with loud music, he’d find them. So it wasn’t surprising that he’d heard of the Hollywood Arts New Years Eve party despite the fact that he didn’t even go there yet. It was a good time to size these artsy kids up and maybe get another dealer in the area. He was running low and his last dealer’s LA guy hadn’t gotten back to him. All in good time.

For now, he just needed to get out of the house with one joint. No, Jack was not planning on staying until midnight, so one was enough. It was a quick pop over, these guys were probably lame anyway. They’d all be drunk on wine coolers and dry humping. Not his scene. In and out.

When Jackson slunk through the kitchen, he almost missed the presence at the table. When she cleared her throat, he froze like she somehow wouldn’t see him. “Where do you think you’re going?”

“Maria!” He pointed finger guns at her as her face got sterner. Wrong move. “Dr. Flores.” Lips still tight. “Mamacita.” Nope. “Ma.” Still no movement? Damn, she usually took that one. “My dearest Madre who I love more than anything in the world.” There it was, the softness returning to her face. “Don’t tell the roaches.”

Doctor Maria Flores finally smiled at him, running her palm over his hair to flatten it. “You can’t distract me.”

Jackson shook his head violently, ruining any work she’d gotten done. “Look at that. You gotta read all of that?” There was an inch thick stack of papers on the table. “Wow, I should go to bed so you can finish that up. Bye.” He was optimistic to think he was off the hook. The moment he turned, there was a hand in his shirt collar.

“You’re wearing shoes.” Okay and? That didn’t mean shit. “So you’re leaving.” Ah clever clever. But never make an observation about him again. Jack would have to think fast.

“I just came back.” Score 1 for Jackson, baby!

“I would’ve heard the front door.” Fuck.

“I used the window.”

“Which one?”

“The…” Shit fuck shit. “Basement?”

“This house doesn’t have a basement.” Fuck, man down. SOS. “You aren’t in trouble.” The biggest lie moms ever tell. “I just want to make sure you won’t be.” That’s no fun.

Jackson turned on his heel to face her again, making a big show of sighing and rolling his eyes. “The school is having a thing-“

“What kind of thing?” He would’ve said it if he wanted her to know.

“Maria, didn’t your mother ever tell you interrupting people is rude?” Oops, there’s that look again. He’s pushing his luck. “It’s a get together for New Years.”

“That sounds like a party,” Dr. Flores gave him the “you’re walking trouble” look.

“What? Nooooo,” Jack made a flabbergasted sound. “It’s a school thing, a hundred percent.”

“Show me.” Ha, this was where he had her. What, did you think Jacks would come in here unprepared? How dare you doubt him.

Jackson dug his phone out of his pocket. It took him a moment to pull the right image up. A fake snapchat story that screamed “graphic design is my passion.” A bright yellow background with too many emoji’s and bright blue text that said: Hollywood Arts NYE shindig. $10. Punch. Fireworks. Absolutely no alcohol.

He was quite proud of it actually, some of his best work. His mother held her glasses and grabbed his phone in that annoying way adults do when they read a screen. “And the school posted this?”

“Says it right there,” Jack pointed to the top where it said “HASCofficial.” He didn’t know if their student council had a Snapchat but she wouldn’t know either.

Maria handed him back his phone, “Curfew is 10.”

“That almost sounded like a yes.”

“Take your meds first.” Why did she have to say that? Maria, you almost won the mother of the year award. Why would you throw it all away like this?

“I already took them today.” Jackson waved her off as he put his phone back in his pocket.

“I put them away three days ago and they haven’t moved.” Okay, note to self, move that bottle at least an inch daily. “Teresa says they’ll help with your… ODD.” Despite how lightly his mother put it, he knew they were just trying to make him complicit. She held out a pill for him.

“Come on, I’ve known how to spell since I was 6.” And he liked being odd, thank you. He snatched the pill from her hand, holding it up to his mouth, but letting it fall down his sleeve and swallowing only his spit. He shoved his hand back into his pocket, letting the pill fall into the small ziplock with the rest of the stragglers. “There. All done.”

Doctor Flores put her arm around his shoulder and pulled him in tight. “Go before your mom finds out and says no.” She kissed his forehead before releasing him, allowing him to scamper out the door.

Free.

Not only that, but free in LA. Jackson could easily do whatever he wanted. It was tempting, just a bit, but he stuck to the plan. He needed to scope out these arts kids, see if they were even worth sticking around for. With only a loose plan (smoke, party, fireworks, in that order before 10), Jacks set off. A few hours was a reasonable time frame. He’d done way more with less. Even if he took longer, he’d talk his way out of it, he always did.

Like a bloodhound, Jackson tracked his way down to the party. It wasn’t that hard, even if he didn’t know the streets, the music could be heard from a few blocks away. Oh yeah, that reeked of weed, he was close.

An apartment party… alright at least not all these bastards had huge celebrity houses with a pool. Bummer, he’d been looking forward to wrecking something worth a million or two. Breaking someone’s window might just have to do.

There wasn’t a moment that Jackson let anyone question if he belonged there. He’d already rushed in and blended with the crowd. This was pretty typical. Everyone was already pretty drunk. If they were all going to pressure him, might as well…

Yes he would take some of that fancy dark one, oh and that foreign sounding one, that looked like a good flavor, and that one- Soon Jack had his own special concoction in a cup. Oops, can’t forget the splash of soda. Yeah, that tasted god awful. It was perfect!

Past the occasional bitch moment, people were just having fun. Which was BORING. Why was he here again? Fuck. Alright, time to take matters into his own hands.

Going outside would be a waste of time, this place already smelt like someone had pressure washed it with 100% substance abuse. He just popped into another room with a window. Who gave a fuck what this room was actually for, now it was the toke zone.

He set his cup down to open the window, which took a bit of shimmying, but the thing went up with a squeak. Jesus, Jackson should’ve brought some WD40 as a gift. Was New Year’s a gift giving time? Doesn’t matter. He pulled the joint out of his pocket. It had gotten a little bent, but weed was weed. Well, weed and cocaine. Primo was his smoke of choice. Nine times out of ten weed could be made better with coke. One out of ten times he was trying to calm the fuck down from all the cocaine.

Jack’s shitty lighter sparked a few times before the joint lit. Piece of junk. The first breath always hit the hardest. His heart rate increased while his body felt more relaxed than it had in days. He could feel everything. The bass, the cold air in his face, the stiff wood under him, and it all felt amazing.

The moment was ruined when the door opened. Jackson thought for sure he was getting kicked out, every muscle tensing up. But this was just some guy. Interesting outfit… Kinda like a giant 4 year old girl. Slay. When the intruder laid down, the panic subsided and he was able to relax against the wall again.

Jax was listening, how could he not. His brain was insatiable, consuming every bit of stimulation it could. Was this a therapy session? Should he be taking notes? Not once did he think the guy was talking about him. Or was he saying he wasn’t asking him? Whatever. Oh shit right therapy time. What did therapists do? Offer help. Right.

“Wanna hit?” Jackson asked, dipping the weed within grabbing distance of Beel. “Shit, I should tell you there’s blow in here. If you’ve never done coke, you probably shouldn’t.” The room was dark, but he’d had the time to adjust. The cocaine expanding his pupils didn’t hurt either. He squinted, trying to line up the vision of Beel’s face.

“Hold fucking still,” he insisted, placing a finger right in the middle of the other guy’s forehead to keep him still. “OH!” It finally clicked, “Anton Morocco.” Twitter guy. Jackson took another long drag before dropping his hand back to where it was, “You can still have some I guess. Since I’m feeling generous.” And bored, mostly because he was bored.
code by valen t.

RYDER VAUGHN

"Relax, I'm just joking, goldie locks." Ryder laughed, tugging a strand of her hair lightly before moving to pour his own drink to show her that he was just as keen on getting inebriated as she was. Though, by the looks of her she was already well on her way there. He was glad he'd pregamed, it seemed like most people were already well past drunk.

He lifted the solo cup to his lips and drank eagerly, heavily swallowing the contents and letting it warm his insides. New Years Eve would be a failure if he could walk out the front door.

"Was it really a shitty year though?" It had been quite the opposite for him, this year had been pretty great. Moving to L.A. and being accepted to Hollywood Arts was amazing, and living in a town full of celebrities and getting to spend all day in class with models was as good as it got for him.

"Ah, come on you begged for that bottle of vodka, so really I'm a lifesaver." Ryder remarked, filling up his cup once again as he tried to get himself good and drunk before the midnight countdown began. At this rate, he'd have to start chugging.

"By the way, I think you owe me a drink for that." Not that Ryder really needed it, hanging out with Slutter he could get his hands on anything he liked. Mostly, he just liked to tease Ash. She was so easy to rile up. It was rather entertaining.

mood
ready to get drunk.

outfit
whatever

playing...
golden boy

by bryce fox​

mentions
Slutter

interactions
Ash Winona Winona

tags
none

º º code by ditto º º

Damien Slater

He'd felt smug, perhaps a bit full of himself and shit, when he'd put that blunt out -- until beside him, Matt started to talk. And the fucker suggested that they get along and shit. The shit spewing from Beel's mouth was normally a bunch of absolute bullshit but tonight, Damien agreed with it.

Except the part about choking on each other's dicks -- because well... sure, that might've been the first plan on Damien's list for the night, but now, he was... yeah, it wasn't fucking happening. Fuck Matt, and he hoped that he had fun choking alone on... well, not on anyone's dick. Choking on his tears or some shit.

"Get along?" He asked in a cold voice after Beel had departed. His dark eyes focused on Matt. He let out a snort, followed by a shake of his head as he started to walk away. "You're fucking ridiculous, Matt." He snapped, and then he turned completely on his heel and stomped away.

Fucking asshole.

It didn't take long for Slater to find his way inside, and find his way to the drinks. Nothing made being high better than having a little bit of alcohol to go along with it -- and that was just what he was doing, taking a swig of some fucking beverage, and he'd started to look around for someone to talk to, when his eyes locked on that motherfucker.

Kian's gaze dropped away, and Damien was gonna pull his away, too... except the fucker was making his way over. So Damien's cold gaze remained on him, and he... didn't really know what he'd say, or what he'd fucking do when Kian had finally made his way over to him.

Things had been weird. Different. Ever since they'd started going to this bougie ass school instead of sticking to their separate schools and shit and...

Damien didn't know what had happened.

He fucking hated it.

A sip from his cup.

Kian was here now.

Fuck.

“Hi,” the fucker spoke, “how, uh, how’re you doing?”

For a moment, all he could do was stare at the fucker, his dark, dead eyes focusing numbly on the motherfucker. How the hell was he supposed to answer that?

"Good," Damien finally said blandly. Another sip of the drink in his cup, and then he placed it on the table beside him. His hands formed into fists... and then he crossed his arms over his chest. Maybe it was the weed or some shit, but he wasn't feeling aggressive tonight -- for once. "Well... okay. Beel was being an ass. Trying to bum drugs. Matt told me to just fucking get along with him -- what kind of fucking bullshit is that?"

He let out a snort of annoyed laughter followed by another shake of his head.

Silence for a moment.

And then...

"How are you?"

mood
high

outfit
clothes

playing...
Pillow Talk
by Chapel​

mentions
N/A

interactions
Matt, Beel, Gem

tags
@petals mogy mogy geminiy geminiy

º º code by ditto º º

Zeph Evermore

Distracted...

Yeah, he could understand why she might say that, why she might think that. He just let out another little laugh, as if it were nothing, and he took another sip from his cup. It didn't taste great going down, but hey, it was a party or... whatever. He laughed again, another little shake of his head, as he stared down at the swirling liquid in his cup.

"I'm fine," he answered, another chuckle, and he gave a little shrug of his shoulders. What could he say... maybe there was something about the lack of Lin in his life (rip the bestie) that was affecting him more than he liked to admit. The little bit of fire and fun that he felt when he'd hung around Lin, it was gone now, extinguished between two fingers the moment he'd stopped answering Zeph's texts, and disappeared from the school, and...

Another chuckle, and finally, he forced himself to look at his girlfriend. There was still a bit of a lopsided grin on his face as he gave a shrug of his shoulders once again.

"I dunno, do you just ever... I dunno. Feels like we do the same kinda stuff every time we go out, ya know? And I... ya know... it's just..." he hesitated, unsure of how to continue what he was trying to say without pissing Stella off, or letting things come out the wrong way, so the boy just gave another laugh and shake of his head.

Gaze again focused on the tequila, which he took another sip of.

"It's just... nothing. Don't worry about it."

There was no way he could safely explain that he was bored.

mood
happy

outfit
clothes

playing...
Lost Boys
by Ocean Park Standoff​

mentions
Javi

interactions
Stella

tags
Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202

º º code by ditto º º

Ashton West

She scoffed, swatting at his hand when he tugged at her hair. Of course, there was a smile on her face as she did so, followed by a roll of her eyes. "Goldie Locks," she echoed, "real original." Her voice was dripping with sarcasm, although... well it beat the usual. Barbie. Princess.

Bitch. Whore.

She smiled, taking another sip from her cup.

"Was it really a shitty year though?" He asked, and all she could do was let out a little huff of laughter, followed by a shake of her head.

Yeah, she wanted to say, but it was a party, and the least she could do was try to keep the mood upbeat. Plus like, that was all in the past. She was going to move forward or whatever, and getting plastered at this party was the first step in the right direction to getting there. Of course, she hadn't expected to start the night off drinking alone... or now drinking with this guy, but hey, she would take what she could get.

(And maybe a little part of her actually liked having him around -- he was cool.)

"Ah, come on you begged for that bottle of vodka, so really I'm a lifesaver." Ryder remarked.

Again, Ash scoffed, jaw dropping open at that.

"By the way, I think you owe me a drink for that." He continued.

The audacity.

"Please," she started as she leaned forward against the counter, crossing her arms against the cool top. "I don't owe you anything because I totally made your night better. I mean, you were, like, what? Drinking alone outside? Not date?" Her lips pressed into a little frown, head tilting slightly to the side. "It was so pitiful. Like a puppy that had been kicked or whatever, but..."

She trailed off, giving a heavy sigh, followed by a slight roll of the eyes before she let her gaze focus back on him. "I guess that maybe..." she shrugged. "I owe you. A drink or... whatever." She glanced at the counter, and Ash grabbed the nearest bottle, pushing it towards him. "This should count, right? Like this is totally mine."

(It totally wasn't.)

mood
ahahaha

outfit
clothes

playing...
I Need Some Sleep
by Eels​

mentions
N/A

interactions
Ryder

tags
a z u l a a z u l a

º º code by ditto º º

MOOD: Time to be better

OUTFIT:

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

geminiy geminiy

--------don't type anything after this comment--------

[/COMMENT]
tags
TL;DR Newt wants to be more like Eli. He cool.
tl;dr
Newt
I'm highkey and lowkey as hell

A single bead of sweat rolled down his forehead as Newt licked his lips. His mismatched eyes narrowed and he rolled his lower lip between his teeth in concentration. A small smirk formed and his head began bobbing to the beat of the song that was playing....what was playing exactly? What was that, Daft Punk? He strained for a moment to try and hear the lyrics over the din of the small crowd around him. He shook his head to refocus on what he was doing. His head made pace again with the beat of the song. After a deep breath, Newt jerked his arm forward just slightly, letting go of the sphere in his hand. With a tiny plunk, the ping pong ball splashed into the cup at the other end of the table. Corey raised his fists to the air in triumph. His streak of winning pong continued.

"Dude you are unbeatable! GGs all around." Newt gave his opponent a sportsmanly high five. "Thanks man, you're just lucky I didn't have my favorite partner. Jo and I destroy people." It was true, many opponents attempted to dethrone the champions of pong, and many were defeated. Newt and Jo liked to think of themselves as something of local legends. She was honestly one of his favorite people to go to parties with because they always got into the right amount of trouble and it was just easy being around her. With Mikaela, Newt was always trying to be cool and impress her, with Jo, he was purely himself. Well, maybe a little more rowdy version, but still. The eyeball ring on his finger served as a continual reminder of the time he and his party partner went to a college party and won a pair of rings off some frat boys by beating them at the game.

The smirk of winning slowly faded as Newt left to get some fresh air. The thinking of his party endeavors led his mind down a path of self reflection. Newt wasn't really one to be introspective but the past few weeks he was. He kept thinking about that fight he had had with Damien, and how he hated how that felt. He didn't really like being mean and the amount of anger he had in that moment was kind of scary. He felt like he was maybe starting to become a bad person and that was not something he was okay with.

Growing up, Newt saw his parents fight a lot. It wasn't something he really talked about, not even with his closest friends. To him, his past was in the past and there was no sense bringing it up as long as he learned from it. The lessons he learned being not to be an asshole. Truthfully that was pretty much the extent of Newt's moral compass. As long as you weren't an asshole, live your life and have fun. The last thing the Newton boy wanted was to be like his dad, but lately he had been feeling like he maybe had slipped up in that regard. With all the introspection he had been doing, Newt had come to the decision that he needed to do better. There wasn't a choice, it was mandatory, and what better time to start being a better amphibian than with the start of a new year?

During his musings Newt's mismatched eyes caught hold of a figure that seemed almost out of place. Corey had been to hundreds of parties, he had gotten really good at noticing if there was someone not having a good time, or otherwise uncomfortable. He may have had the attention span of a squirrel but he was highly perceptive of his surroundings. He was of the belief that everyone at a party should be having a good time, after all what else was the point of one if not to have fun? If he saw someone not having a good time he'd do everything in his power to rectify that. That might be why he was generally well liked at such gatherings. This particular instance Newt was even more drawn to considering it was someone he considered a good friend; Eli Johannes. Nicest guy Newt knew, helped him with homework when he broke his collarbone. Guy would probably give the shirt off his back if someone was a touch too cold. If anyone deserved to have a good time and relax it was him.

"Hey man!" A wide grin spread across the teenager's face as he approached Eli. "Scoping out possibilities for your midnight kiss?" Newt's eyebrows wiggled playfully, followed by a teasing chuckle. "Worst case scenario, I offer my services. Totally platonic of course. Just bros helping bros you knows?" His tone was jovial in attempt to get Eli to crack a smile. Corey's eyes darted to the cup in the Johannes boy's hand. "Do you mind?" Newt didn't really wait for answer before carefully taking the cup and rubbing the rim off with the bottom of his shirt, then drinking from the side facing away from Eli. If he was going to be rude and take a swig of someone else's drink, he was at least going to do the polite thing and try and take care of any germs.

Newt didn't realize how much he needed the water until after it entered his mouth. He had had a few drinks but he was only buzzed, if even that. Maybe it was his body trying to tell him he should drink more water in his day to day life. After wiping the rim down again he passed the cup back to his friend. "So, any resolutions this year?" Eli was the type of person that seemed to really have his shit together, and while Newt wouldn't call anyone perfect, he was deeply curious to see what the Johannes boy thought he could improve on. Maybe Newt could even take some pointers. He sort of looked up to the older boy, and if anyone could be a model for how to be a better person, like Corey wanted to be, it was probably Eli.
code by valen t.

MOOD: Everything is nice, but I do have problems.

OUTFIT: Blue t-shirt and black pants.

LOCATION: The NYE party (Wherever people danced and then the bathrom)
basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

hery hery (Callum).
tags
TL;DR Life is weird, and Oates wants to get drunk because of it.
tl;dr
oates

Callum's shirt smelled like cheap body spray and a forest of flowers. Oates liked the smell. It went hand in hand with the slightly taller boy, as did he. Even intoxicated, the curly-haired boy could get lost in the smell for however long he needed to, and he didn’t mind it as much as he would’ve the years prior. But now, it was perfect, because it wasn’t anything more than a smell, yet, it became Oates’ everything in a moment’s notice; something to focus on; something that, in the entire world, wasn’t spinning. It was as if the universe decided to rotate around the smell of Callum’s shirt, and Oates happened to be the lucky guy who could bury his face inside of it to try and contain the mirage of peace and calm—tranquil amidst war.

But it hadn’t taken long for the mirage to break, as he muttered his words into the shirt, and the taller boy sprung into action, separating Oates from the only thing giving him peace. And as his face was ripped away from the shirt, his words remained on it, at least for the time being.

The music around the two was loud, Oates realized, but Callum’s sternness could always bear down any other vibrations in the air to make room for the ones coming from his mouth and his eyes. Especially to Oates, or solely to Oates. There wasn’t a difference, because as soon as that harsh voice came about, he didn’t want to speak, just in case it happened to upset the raven-haired boy more. What could he say anyway?

There weren’t words that could describe the love he felt for the other boy, nor were there words to describe the apology he wanted to give to the other for getting drunk and ruining their night. It was like magic, from happy to upset, and Callum was the magician, holding the key that contained Oates’ emotions, ready to switch them in a heartbeat and impress the curly-haired boy who was nothing but the audience in the show.

But the mirage of Callum’s shirt was still taking hold of Oates. It didn’t want to let him go. He didn’t want to let it go.

In the mirror he looked at both of them, and he couldn’t see the magic show. He could see himself—disappointment rupturing from his every pore—and the person he loved most in the world—who he was so afraid of disappointing. It wasn’t magic, but he really thought it was magical.

So he reconnected with Callum’s shirt for once more, his words given back to him, for the cost of the ability to understand what even was going on around him. “I’m sorry. I wish that too. But….But….I don’t think I know what that means. I’m sorry.”

Then, instead of understanding, or trying to, the slightly-taller boy positioned him on the toilet, as per his request, and what both of them dreaded came to life.

Oates could feel the sweat forming on his forehead, as if it were condensed thoughts that used to be stuck in his mind, now slowly leaving his head. It wasn’t like the world stood still all of a sudden, but at least now he couldn’t feel everything moving at the speed of light, and could actually focus on the words that he wanted to say.

“I know you don’t like these sorts of things, and I’m sorry that I do.” He looked back at the boy, blinking twice, as if using his eyelashes to propel the look of guilt forward, and then turning back to the toilet to flush. He was done. He was better. He wasn’t good. But he was better.

“I don’t think I’ll ever drink again.” He said and then laughed, but his laughter soon came to a stop. “I’m sorry. I didn’t want the night to be like this.”

He got up, slowly, one leg, the other following behind. He tsked his tongue, before deciding his next words. “Could you, maybe, go find some gum or something? I’ll wait for you here. I promise.”
code by valen t.

RYDER VAUGHN

"Hey, I'm here for my good looks, not my original comedy sketch." Ryder joked, nudging her gently with his elbow. It was true, Ryder was probably among the least creative people at the school. Where Alaska was staying up all night writing and rehearsing songs, he was up all night partying or hanging with Slutter.

Getting into Hollywood Arts had been easy, so easy in fact that Alaska had raged for a full week about how he didn't deserve to be a student at such a prestigious school when he'd barely worked for it at all. Ryder ignored his sister like he usually did, but he couldn't help feeling like she was right. Truth be told, he wasn't even sure that modeling was what he wanted to do.

Sure it was great to be surrounded by models all day, but as much as he hated to admit it, Alaska was right. Ryder didn't feel the same passion for his art that Alaska did, and he almost felt like he was missing out. Music definitely wasn't his calling, but there had to be something out there that he felt passionately about.

Right?

Ash quickly drew his attention back to her by insulting him, it seemed to be a signature move of hers. He scoffed at the comparison of a kicked puppy, rolling his eyes in her direction.

"Hey, if you don't bring a date you can meet cute blondes in the parking lot. If you do bring a date, well... you know." He gestured in her direction, reminded of how she'd been crying in the parking lot all alone until they'd stumbled across each other. Maybe it was a good thing he hadn't smashed the vodka bottle that night just to spite her. He liked bothering Ash.

"I don't see your name on it." Ryder challenged, bursting into a rambunctious laugh as Ash poured the bottle into his quickly emptying cup. Despite it being stolen goods, he lifted it to cheers her cup.

"I suppose we're even now, but the next time I find you wandering in a parking lot I'm keeping my booze to myself."

mood
ready to get drunk.

outfit
whatever

playing...
golden boy

by bryce fox​

mentions
Slutter

interactions
Ash Winona Winona

tags
none

º º code by ditto º º

MOOD: ...

OUTFIT:
Classy.
INFO

WITH: Cappie

MENTION: N/A​
ACTIVITY
TAGS
Chanel Clairmont
— Oh No

It was nice.

She hadn’t expected to have a good time at this party at all, but Cappie had plans of his own… and maybe Chanel had second thoughts about avoiding him after all.

Maybe it was the alcohol but— maybe Zoe was right. It wasn’t about her career. It wasn’t like she didn’t want a relationship because of her career.

Chanel just… didn’t want to expect more out of something when nothing would come out of it.

But when he asked…

“Did you like our kiss at the ball?”

She didn’t see a point to lie and she didn’t hesitate to say, “Yes,” and finished the rest of the bottle.

Did she really care about being honest or did she want to win the game?

Who knows.

The car ride to her place wasn’t filled with awkward silence, unsurprisingly drunk Chanel was very giggly and they talked about a number of things.

She shared the fact that she hid some of Casey’s lego pieces as a kid because he angered her, which was probably a sensitive subject for Cappie and his love for the toys.

There was a good chance she also rambled on about religion and ameythsts again in case he wasn’t listening the first time, despite his protests that he was, Chanel decided he needed to be told again.
__

She only struggled with the keys for a mere moment, but finally the lock gave in and the door to the beach house swung open, Chanel gestured for him to enter before following him inside.

“Is it really walking someone home if you ordered a car to take them home?” An extremely good question, one that definitely needed an answer she thought.

“And then directly walking into their house?”

She wasn’t complaining, though.

Cami or Casey wasn’t home and the only thing Chanel would probably do, is just fall asleep in the bathtub and that was probably a health risk in her drunken state.

She’d probably be fine, though.

“That’s not an invitation to leave.”

Invitation?

Oh, she was drunk-drunk.

Made sense. Chanel wasn’t huge on drinking and finishing a whole bottle of something on an empty stomach was sure to make a girl forget her words.

Chanel put a hand on his shoulder, using him for support as she slipped off her heels, gently throwing one in the corner and the other… She had no idea where she threw the other.

“I probably have wine somewhere around, but I wanna ask a question.” She removed her hand from his shoulder and stumbled slightly, but waved his concern away.

“What if I said no?”

She let it sit for a second before clarifying.

“About the kiss, if I said… I didn’t like it. What would you have done?”
code by valen t.

Kian Phelan

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

Lustra

Scotty Doesn't Know

"Good.”

Right. Damien was ‘good’ which, from Kian’s extensive history and knowledge, meant that he was about to totally get punched in the face. But Kian was stronger tonight, braver, so instead he simply stood there waiting to take the hit. At the very least, he was ready for a slew of stinging insults and hars words. Kian noticed the boy’s fingers balling up into fists, tightening until his knuckles turned white. It was about to happen…

Nothing ever came.

Damien, much to Kian’s surprise, had crossed his arms over his chest. No hit ever landed, no harsh words ever fell. Kian could only imagine how ridiculous he looked standing there entirely dumbfounded at the unexpected pacifism of his friend. Kian also wondered if somewhere, Hell had frozen over.

"Well... okay.” Damien continued, leading Kian to nod his head. “Beel was being an ass. Trying to bum drugs. Matt told me to just fucking get along with him -- what kind of fucking bullshit is that?" There was a laugh, the slightest breathy laugh. It made Kian’s chest ache. “How are you?"

How was Kian supposed to tackle this? Was he going to be honest and tell him that he was sober and doing well enough? Was he supposed to play it cool and nonchalant? Was he supposed to pretend he didn’t care? How was someone supposed to converse with someone who used to be their best friend but is now someone that seems hardly more than an acquaintance? Fuck it, Kian decided, he was just going to tell the truth.

“I’m, uh…” Kian’s voice trailed off, a hand reaching up to absentmindedly rub the opposite elbow. “Sober, actually. I haven’t used since, well, you know.” Winter Ball, Kian didn’t need to spell that one out, even for someone like Damien. “So, um, I guess I’m doing okay. It’s been hard.”

Kian fell silent, staring down into his nearly empty cup of water. He wasn’t looking for pity, or even understanding. He should have just left it as Damien had, a simple ‘good’ and move right on to the next conversation. Instead, he had pulled the giant elephant directly to the middle of their metaphorical room. It was unavoidable now, no matter how much Kian wanted to forget it. Besides, things seemed okay with them right now, why screw it up by dredging up past mistakes?

Fuck.

A heavy breath fell from Kian’s lips as he downed the cup of water before crushing the plastic in his grip and throwing the waste into a nearby garbage bag. Well, now he had no choice but to talk about it, might as well try to save some face.

“Damien, I was an asshole. I’ve been an asshole and I could apologize until I’m red in the face about it so I’ll just save us both the time.” Kian’s jaw tightened as he forced himself to meet Damien’s eye. “I’m sorry for everything I’ve done to you, man. I’m not going to make any excuses because at the end of the day, I hurt you and honestly, I deserve everything that’s happened to me. I just…” Kian’s sentence dropped along with his gaze, his eyes now fixated on the shoes underfoot. “I’ve fucked up with you. I fucked up with everyone, but I really fucked up with you. I don’t know how to make it better, if I can even make it better at all. I just don’t want to lose my best friend, ya know?”

Kian looked back up to Damien, a sad shrug of his shoulders matching the pressing together of his lips. “I can’t lose anyone else I care about. That’s why I stopped using. I don’t want to keep hurting you, man.” Kian sighed once again, reaching a hand up to run his fingers through his hair. “You don’t have to forgive me but… I dunno, I just needed to get that off my chest.” Kian’s eyes drifted down to his hand that had found his way to Damien’s without his permission. He couldn’t bring himself to let go.

♡coded by uxie♡

Ashton West

Well, maybe he kind of had a point. Although it hadn't been her date that had ruined her night -- rather, Newt had probably been like... the best part of it. He was pretty much the only part of it that had made the night feel special, because at least she'd been able to enjoy some of the evening before Trevor's hissy fit.

Good riddance to him, wherever he was.

She poured more alcohol into her cup. She was no longer reading which alcohol it was and to be honest, Ash could care less what it was, as long as it got her to that end point.

Seemed to be the same deal with her drinking buddy for the evening, although she doubted he was drinking for the same reasons. The model seemed to have, like, very little going on in his head -- and he hadn't been at this school long enough to be torn down obviously. Lucky bastard.

Of course, her lips did twitch into a bit of a smile when he said cute blondes. What? It was still nice to hear a compliment every now and again.

Her smiled widened, a laugh coming out of her lips as he continued to speak. "Please, that's what you say now, but I'll totally get it next time, too." Ash said with a smirk. "You totally can't say no to me," she added with a sigh.

Taking another sip of her drink, Ash's gaze trailed away to look towards the clock counting down the time until the new year -- just a couple more minutes. Her gaze flickered back to Ryder as she placed her cup back on the counter by her.

"So tell me, what's your New Year's Resolution? Trying to like... kick the whole Minuteman thing, or...?"

mood
ahahaha

outfit
clothes

playing...
I Need Some Sleep
by Eels​

mentions
N/A

interactions
Ryder

tags
a z u l a a z u l a

º º code by ditto º º

Spencer Gray

TW: mention of suicide
She didn’t know.

That was what Spencer told himself as he stood there, pulled from his daze by Beth’s words of annoyance.

But the words latched onto his heart.

It’s just the new year. Not a funeral.

No. It wasn’t her fault.

She had every right to be annoyed with him. She didn’t know a thing about his past. He couldn’t blame her for reacting the way she did or saying the things she did.

She didn’t –

“I am trying,” his voice shot out, harsher than he intended, sharper than he wanted. Those weren’t even the words he had planned to say, but her words, even as he knew, as he understood that he couldn’t hold blame her for them, they struck a chord that left him stinging with bitterness and indignance.

It wasn't like he wanted to be here all mopey, recalling such dark and painful memories of his worst moments, his greatest failures. He had dragged himself here despite everything, despite what the new year had become for him because he wanted to try! Because he didn't want to worry his family, because he wanted to try and move forward like he had to, even though it was killing him inside he was trying!

And yet here she was denying his efforts, telling him that he wasn't trying, that it was just new year's and not a funeral --

But for him the new year was a funeral. His girlfriend’s funeral.

And while people were out and about partying like it was the most important thing in the world, and girls like Beth kept insisting he stay for another round of party drinks and dancing – of ‘fun’, Sheryl had been bleeding out in her room.

And on the night of her death anniversary Beth wanted him to party and dance all over her grave once again.

It wasn’t her fault, he had no right to lash out at her, he shouldn’t, he knew that in his head – but he did.

The words just kept pouring from his mouth as the frustration, the anger, guilt, blame, all of the emotions just poured forth and spilled out like an erupting volcano.

“just because I’m not dancing around and going crazy like everyone else doesn’t mean I’m not trying alright! Not everyone – just…” he cut himself off and shook his head, his face turned away from Beth, “look… if you want to just go wild and party like there’s no tomorrow then just go find someone else.”

Words delivered, Spencer immediately walked away. He shouldn’t have come. Not to a place where the expectation was to party and have fun, not if he was going to be like this. Not when the expectations were always going to be so much higher than wat he could manage

He should have controlled himself back there, not lash out like he did. Beth wasn’t wrong or at fault, not when she didn’t know but… her words. She shouldn’t have said that, even if she had no idea. Forcing her expectations and wants on someone else, tossing out such insensitive words simply because she was annoyed and things weren't going the way she wanted, she –

Fuck.

He shouldn't have come.

mood
i shouldn't have come

outfit
simple fit

playing...
WONDER

by Shawn Mendes​

mentions
Nil

interactions
Beth

tags
Winona Winona

º º code by ditto º º

"Focus on me, I'm about to blow them all away"
Stella Bailey
@Steller.Bae has set their status to:
Irritated

@Steller.Bae has set their outfit to:
Pretty-N-Pink

@Steller.Bae has set their location to:
JJ/Adri/Chas Home

@Steller.Bae has mentioned:
Ronnie, Lin

@Steller.Bae has Interacted with:
Zeph ( Winona Winona )

Zeph was chuckling and saying he was fine, but she knew her best friend...he wasn't fine. More recently it was easy to forget that little fact about them. Despite them still hanging around one another a lot, and constantly talking to one another, it was sometimes easy to forget they were best friends, and knew each other better then most people at this school did one another.

Had things shifted since they made things romantic and official? Yes, there was no denying that. Th shift however wasn't in the predicted ways, which was what made things weird. Parts of him seemed so new to her from the Zeph she'd grown to know from the way they acting around one another, to the way he became obsessed with Lin. How they just couldn't seem to stay on the same page. They had moments, but it used to be consistent...dependable.

It didn't feel like he was gone, just...she couldn't explain it. She hated that fact. She hated that in moments like this one a feeling was coming over her she couldn't explain, comprehend, or stop. Just like when she got upset when they messaged about him possibly going back home, or how he didn't know what he wanted to do with his life. Conversations that she felt were serious but he, just like he was doing now, tries to play them off as not a big deal.

She looked at him confused, and a bit irritated as she could feel this was going to turn into one of those same conversations when he finally began to speak what was on his mind. Mind you she shouldn't have been upset by this since she did just tell him he could tell her anything. Which is why her next few words left her lips calm and cool...perhaps a touch of coldness at the very end.

"No, tell me. I don't understand. Well I doin the literal sense. And we do, but like...that's what we've always done? Is that a problem now?" She asked directly. One thing that differed between her and Zeph among many was that she didn't like beating around the bush. If there was a problem she wanted to know what it was so she could try to fix it. If it couldn't be fixed better to know sooner then later.

Sure they did the same stuff what else were they supposed to do at parties? They did the same stuff all the time when they were just friends on a daily basis too. Hell she tried at the winter ball to be spontaneous...it was kinda a success? Right? OK, maybe not as much as they'd both have liked but she told him it could be a start. Did he want more then that?

The nagging feeling in the back of her head was screaming, yes. Her logic told her no that wasn't Zeph. That Lin thing was just a rebellious, childish phase. He wanted some more excitement that was normal right? But he'd gotten hurt and now had gotten over it right?

It usually was adorable when he stumbled over his words a it, but her concern in the heat of the moment made it more irritating then cute. Seriously what more could he want from her? He knew her, he knew how she was. She already was loosening up more for him, clearing more of her schedule for him, trying to be more patient and kind towards people she disliked (i.s. Lin and Ronnie) for him, what more could he seriously ask of her?
º º code by ditto º º

Damien Slater

Kian's apology was... unexpected. Not unappreciated, but completely unexpected. It blindsided him quite a bit, and he found the tension in his arms relaxing as his hands fell to his sides. And... he was speechless -- unsure of what to say, because there were multiple different things twisted on his tongue.

At some point, Kian's hand had found Damien's, but he didn't really notice the extra pressure against his fingertips. Nor did he feel the need to snatch his hand away, or anything else of the sort. Instead, he let his hand rest there.

“I can’t lose anyone else I care about. That’s why I stopped using. I don’t want to keep hurting you, man.” Kian was saying. “You don’t have to forgive me but… I dunno, I just needed to get that off my chest.”

His gaze drifted down, to their joined hands, which felt gay as hell. He should snatch his hand away or some shit, say no thank you, tell Kian to fuck off and leave. Something because there was... it didn't... something about right now felt off. Not bad off, but different than what it would normally be... and then he found himself lifting his gaze up to meet Kian's. Dark eyes searched his friend's, looking for any hint of a lie or a joke.

Silence for a moment. His lips pressed together.

"I'm not... it's fine," he mumbled, dark eyes breaking away from Kian's. He hated this kind of touchy feely bullshit. "I'm not... I'm mad at you or some shit, it's..." he decided to end the thought there, his gaze lifting back up to Kian's. "Glad you're clean and shit. That's... good for you."

He wouldn't admit it, but there was some kind of weight that felt as if it had lifted off his chest. No more having to worry about the fuckhead before him, because he was getting better.

"Guess punching you was worth it," Damien added as an afterthought. "Got you clean and shit."

mood
high

outfit
clothes

playing...
Pillow Talk
by Chapel​

mentions
N/A

interactions
Matt, Beel, Gem

tags