• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern hollywood arts: main (open!!)

Characters
Here

Ashton West

The date at the aquarium had actually gone, like, really well. As they were nearing the end of said date, the whole little awkward thing with the restaurant from earlier had completely faded from memory, and like, she wasn't even feeling any amounts of guilt or anything along those lines by the end of it.

She... well, Ash actually felt content and comfortable by the end of it. Like her hand belonged in Trevor's for once, like there wasn't any kind of hidden tenseness. You know, that dark dread that lingered at the edges of her interactions with Trevor since Halloween, where she still had this little feeling in the pit of her stomach that made her feel like she was walking on ice and that any wrong step would make him snap at her like that again.

Consciously, she didn't realize that she was still harboring this fear. Consciously, she thought it was just... well, she thought it was just nerves or something. Yeah.

And hey, as they came out of the last tunnel, Ash actually felt a little sad. Because that would mean having to leave this aquarium, and that would mean just... like... well, like, she liked how this felt, and she didn't want the odd tension that usually hovered over their relationship to return.

“Hey…,” he began, and she looked up at him curiously. “Can we…get away?”

"Huh?" She asked, eyebrows drawing together for a moment in confusion.

“Ah, I mean — I mean to a bench, a bench, ah…”

Wh--

But she let him lead her over to the bench, a curious expression on her face as he let go of her hand and took a seat on the bench. Curious, she sat down on the bench beside him, clasping her hands together and resting them in her lap as she looked over at Trevor, waiting to see what this was about.

He started rambling, kind of tripping over his words, and Ash's eyebrows drew together in a confused expression. Her lips were still parted partially into a smile, but she was kind of getting that feeling in the pit of her stomach again. Like... like... she just felt sick, and her heart felt like it might beat out of her chest.

“I’m just…I don’t know. Ash…” He shook his head slightly. “I — I…ah…I guess I’m just… I’m…I’m — I’m sorry.”

Huh?

He looked towards Ash, and she blinked at him in response. Her smile dropped from her face, her eyebrows drawing together further, lips turning down into a confused frown. Why was he apologizing? He hadn't... he hadn't done anything that warranted an apology, and now she was racking her brain, trying to figure it out.

“I am.” He gave a nod. “I’m sorry.”

Him repeating it just made her more confused, and she crossed her arms over her stomach, applying pressure to try and stop the tossing and turning of confusion in her stomach. Her instant reaction was that he was apologizing because he, like, cheated, but could she even get mad at him for that?

Fuck, she wouldn't get mad at him for that.

And no, it wasn't just because of the guilt of what happened earlier with Lucky.

The more he talked, though, the more that she felt like her world was kind of caving in. Her breaths were coming in shorter, sharper gasps, her chest was aching and burning, and she tightened and tightened and tightened the grip around her stomach as if that would somehow make the feeling disappear.

He said he was bad news.

He said he pretended like she didn't exist a lot of the time.

He said he lied a lot.

Oh god, her chest was going to squeeze so hard it was going to crack.

It was all winding up to be some kind of great admittance to cheating, right? Like she'd seen this before, she'd heard this before, she'd heard all of these words before. It was going to be like... cheating or something... something like... "I'm sorry I lied to you, because actually I've been banging this other chick," and then it was going to be an awkward breakup, probably followed by the old "but we can still be friends."

Like, at least that's how she'd seen this kind of stuff go mostly in movies.

Her last breakup hadn't exactly gone swimmingly, although if Trevor was revving up for the same admittances that she'd heard from Nico (although again, he'd never actually admitted to cheating), she knew exactly how this was going to go. They'd probably blow up. They'd break up. She'd have to find a different ride home.

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

“Lock-in night, sitting there with you…it made me really realize that I didn’t know you. Tha thing is, Ash…we’re basically strangers. You know a lot about me, probably, since I never fecking shut up…but I don’t know about you. I don’t know your favorite color, I don’t know, like — like, what you like, I don’t know the…well, hell, I don’t even think I know your birthday. I know what kind of alcohol you like, and that’s about it. And…that’s not how I want it to be. I want to know you — really know you. I don’t want you to just be my girlfriend because…because you just are, ya know. I’m…I say I’m bad at relationships, of all kinds, but…it’s…it’s just because I don’t want to try to be good. Or — or didn’t. Or I just…I don’t know, I’m so pessimistic that I was counting the days internally, waiting for this to fall apart, because…I don’t fecking know. I just…didn’t want to try.”

Now she was just confused again. The path that she thought this was going down was starting to look less clear, and Ash's grip around her stomach loosened a bit. She tried to will her breaths to slow down, but the heavy beating of her chest didn't allow that just yet.

For a moment, there was quiet, and then Trevor started speaking again.

“I didn’t want to try.” He repeated.

She... thought he was doing okay.

He continued to speak, and her panic started to subside, and she started to relax a little bit, although she was still confused as to why he was talking like this. But she... liked it, like... she didn't like seeing him look like he was in pain discussing this, but she liked hearing what he said. That he liked being with her, that he liked it when they felt connected, because it kind of helped to make some of those fears go away. Like... that fear that he just wanted to sleep with her and was going to break up with her when he was done, or that fear that he'd cheated, or anything else.

“I care about you, Ash. I want to start showing it. I want to make sure you know it — and I want to…I want to see if we can really be more. I say we make this an attempt at love — or whatever…this is supposed to be, at least, and if we don’t make it…” He gave a small smile. “At least we tried, right?”

She let out a soft laugh, a warm smile crossing her face, and Ash gave a nod of her head. "Yeah, yeah, I'd ummm... yeah, I'd love that," she said again with another laugh.

And then he started stuttering again, but she kept a smile on her face as she watched him start fumbling for something, and then he pulled a long box from his pocket, and she looked curiously at the box as he removed the top, and she looked down into the box to see a silver necklace with a little star charm.

Carefully, she reached out and took the box from him, staring down at it for a moment as a smile cracked across her face. He'd said that he didn't listen, but umm... like, he had to remember that she liked stars, right? Like why else would he have gotten one with a little star?

“Girls like necklaces…?” he said, and she smiled up from the necklace to look at him. “I — I wanted to get you something special. I just — I…ah, I wasn’t sure if you’d like it, but… Yeah.”

"I love it," she said with a soft laugh, and she placed the box in her lap. While he continued to speak, Ash pulled the necklace from the box and clasped it carefully around her neck. She would've asked Trevor for help, but with how shaky and fidgety he was, she didn't want to like... stress him out more.

“Take it as my resolution. To, ah…officially…do….and be better. It’s…just…me saying that I hope we can…I don’t know, start all over, kind of. From square one. Trevor and Ash, dating. Trevor and Ash, the duo that works, even against all odds. Yeah.”

She looked down at the star charm now laying against her skin, pressing her fingers lightly against it for a moment before she looked back over at Trevor, her smile widening as she gave a nod of her head. "Yeah," she agreed, letting out a little giggle. "Yeah, umm... yeah, I'd love that."

And then he started his little ramblings again, and Ash watched him, waiting, as he fought to get through his sentence.

He wanted to ask her something, and she had a small inkling of what that might be.

She waited, heart pounding in anticipation.

“You, me. We’re…would you dance? No, I mean, what I mean…you…would you…”

Her cheeks heated up.

Go to the dance with you? Yes. Duh.

“…save a dance for me?”

She blinked at him, for a moment taking in the unconventional words, but then the warm smile on her face just returned and she gave a nod of her head followed by a small laugh. "Yeah, Trevor," she promised, "I'll save you, like... all the dances. Promise." She responded.

Well, they were dating, so it was kind of dumb to ask, anyway. Like dating meant that you were going to the dance together. No reason to ask.

"Thank you," Ash said and she leaned in, pressing a quick kiss against his lips, and then she wrapped her arms around him and for a while, she just sat there, hugging him, and enjoying the last bit of this moment. "Like... seriously," she said and pulled back a little bit to smile up at him, "this was like... probably the best date of my life."

And to prove that point, she gave him one last quick kiss.

-----------------------------​

After her date with Trevor had ended, Ash reluctantly parted ways with him to attend the foam party. Like, she would've tried to drag him with, but not only was it at Lucky and Javi's apartment (so two people that Trevor absolutely despised), but also foam didn't really seem like his thing. Like, she was pretty sure that he'd probably hate it, so she'd taken to going alone. Or mostly alone, as in with Cappie and Newt.

And the foam party? It had been amazing. She'd done shots with Javi (duh), danced with Newt and Cappie, did shots with Mikaela, and at some point, she'd met some guy named Spencer and he'd been really sweet and fun to talk to, so she'd chalk the whole night up to a win.

But then there had been the whole part of the night where she'd headed off with Lucky to the bottle of vodka that he'd promised to save for her, which happened to be on the fire escape or whatever. So she'd slipped out onto the fire escape with Lucky to share the vodka, and like... it was hard to imagine that the Arts Festival had literally been the same day. It was hard to imagine that just earlier that day, she'd been pressed so close to him in the dressing room.

And now? She had no desire to get that close to him.

So as they'd drank the vodka, she'd kept her distance. She'd dropped the whole friends thing a few more times, just to really like... cement it.

They were friends. She was dating Trevor. That was it.

And he seemed to get the unspoken memo and eventually, they headed back inside. And Ash enjoyed the rest of her night until she finally drunkenly headed home with Cappie. The next morning, she woke up with a horrible headache, but there was still a smile on her face.

So yeah, the whole Arts Festival for Ash? All things considered, it had been freaking amazing.

Unfortunately later in the day, she had the whole Harlow family dinner thing alongside the Darringtons and her own family. As she'd promised Lucky before, she headed over to his apartment early to help him pick something out because if she was bringing someone that they weren't going to approve of, well... Ash was going to make sure that he at least looked decent. And he did look decent enough with a little help from her.

And nothing happened. There were no lingering touches, there was nothing that was too close. It was kept platonic, it was kept business, and Ash was actually feeling better about their friendship. Like whatever had happened the day before had obviously just been the nerves. It had been a bit of a blip and it would never happen again. Obviously.

As Ash had pretty much expected when she'd first been told that they were going to attend dinner at the Harlows, it freaking sucked. Like, just everything about it sucked. She'd neglected to show up with her parents since she was obviously showing up with Lucky (and yeah, she hadn't warned her mom about that one ahead of time), so she knew that her mother was going to chew her out for that. And then she was in a dress that was uncomfortable and that she hated but that her mother had insisted was the only thing in her closet that was "appropriate."

So before Ash had even bothered to arrive at the front door, she was already on edge. At the very least, having someone there with her provided some level of comfort. Even if she would've much rather been there with her boyfriend -- especially since things were actually, like, going well with them. Like he'd apologized again, and for real this time, and he'd promised all of these things, and it just...

It felt different.

It was different. Like for what felt like the first time since they'd first started dating, and for a few days after lock-in, she actually really, really, really felt as if she liked Trevor. Like she had all of those butterflies when she thought about him, and it was just... yeah, she could feel it. It was different. They felt like a real couple now, even if they were still secret.

But instead, she was showing up with a different guy.

A different guy that everyone thought she was banging and that her actual boyfriend hated.

And that had ended up being a whole thing when she'd first walked through the door with him in tow. No one was excited to see the missing Harlow cousin, and Angie made a huge, huffy deal as she set up another place for him at the table -- you know, with Ash sandwiched between Lucky and Dorian. And then they'd kind of sat, awkwardly, waiting for the last member of the horrible family dinner to walk in... and finally she did. High as hell with -- freaking get this -- Ash's actual boyfriend in tow, which had just earned a shocked expression from Ash.

She hadn't let it stay on her face for long, of course, and she'd tried to focus on her plate and poking at the food that she didn't bother to taste to keep herself from getting too angry at him -- not that she had any reason to be angry at him, because it was fine, but she was just... confused. And sure, she'd directed a single question at him about how he'd said that he was busy.

Well, and save for a handful of glances across the table at Maggie as she tried to piece together why Trevor was alright being seen with her in public and going to an awkward family dinner with her but why he couldn't do the same with her. Like Ash got it. Maggie was... amazing.

But it still hurt.

But then there was Dorian, and the insults between the two of them kept getting tossed back and forth all night long, and it wasn't hard to tell that probably everyone was picking up on the hostility. And Ash knew that she should've stopped, but she couldn't and she hated everything about the night.

That was about the time that JJ loudly announced she was going to the bathroom and then, after a few coughs and repeats, Ash realized that she wanted her and Maddie to go with. So they did, and that had just been awkward. Like JJ had basically just told Ash to stop being a bitch to Dorian, as if he hadn't been tossing insults right back at her, but it wasn't like there was any arguing with JJ, so Ash had just nodded her head.

It had just been that instead of Ash taking a seat back at the dinner table along with everyone else when she'd returned from the bathroom talk or whatever with JJ and Maddie, Ash had tapped Lucky's shoulder and asked him to step outside with her. Like for fresh air or whatever, or at least that's what she hoped everyone else would think, but like... she knew it was for different reasons than that. And so did Lucky she hoped.

Those different reasons being, well, the alcohol he'd brought with. Obviously.

And of course he'd said yes, so they'd headed out to the back patio. Like Ash hadn't been over to the Harlow house a lot, but she had been over enough to at least know her way around. And after they'd stepped out onto the safety of the back patio and had closed the door, she wasted no time in holding her hand out.

"Please?" She asked, her eyebrows drawing together. "Umm... alcohol. Vodka, please?"

“We gotta stop meeting like this.” He joked as she took the flash from him, and she gave a brief smile.

She took a sip from the flask. The liquid burned going down, but it was a comfortable, familiar burning. And normally, she wouldn't be caught dead somewhere so close to where her parents were with alcohol in hand, but today... she didn't really care if she got caught.

"Thanks," she said as she took another drink from the flask before wandering towards one of the fancy patio couches that decorated the outside. With a sigh, she sank down into the couch.

Her gaze followed him as he walked over and took a seat beside her before he reached out for the flask. Ash glared over at him and took one last drink from the flask before she reluctantly handed it over. With nothing to occupy her hands, one arm crossed over her stomach while her other hand found the star necklace that Trevor had gifted her just the day before, and she absently started fiddling with it.

“I know why I’m having a shitty night, but you care to share?” He said, and Ash let out a soft exhale.

There wasn't really any reason for her to be upset, but...

"JJ was just all like... 'oh, stop being such a bitch to Dorian' or whatever in the bathroom." Ash said with a little dismissive shake of her head. "It's like, it's umm... it's whatever." She explained, obviously leaving out the whole part about Trevor.

“Well, Dorian isn’t exactly innocent either. You guys have been going back and forth all night.” Lucky responded, and Ash was glad that at least someone wasn't blaming her for everything wrong in the world.

She pressed her lips together, hesitating for a moment before she turned to look at Lucky. "I'm, like, sorry, for asking you to come. I'm umm... thanks, though." She said, her teeth biting into her bottom lip as she spoke.

“I’ve had worse nights.” He smiled weakly as she took the flask back. “I mean…not many…but this is definitely far from the worst. So, no apologies necessary or thanks. I wouldn’t have come if I didn’t want to be here.”

Yeah that's the part she didn't really get and the part that was kind of causing herself to ask questions. Like why would he want to be here? And with the flask safely back in her hands, Ash's fidgeting ceased.

"Like, it's... nice...," she started again, her words faltering a bit as she spoke. "I guess to be able to show up with someone that isn't, like... I guess just embarrassed or scared or whatever to be seen with me."

He sighed as he reached his arm across the back of the couch. “We’ve really gotta work on that confidence, Blair, cause I can’t think of anyone that would be embarrassed to be seen with you.”

Ash let out a small laugh and looked towards him, half-expecting him to be like laughing or something, but instead she was met with a reassuring smile. She returned the smile, holding Lucky's gaze for a moment before her smile inevitably fell and her gaze drifted back to the flask in her hands. Her finger tapped against the metal outside.

She took another long drink from the flask, and this time her eyebrows drew together and her nose wrinkled up as she swallowed it. Yeah, the whole drinking straight vodka on an empty stomach thing was kind of catching up to her.

"Dorian was," she mumbled in response to Lucky's last comment. And Trevor is, she added to herself. Like... she'd thought it was just a fear altogether of coming to this stupid dinner or whatever, but if he could show up with Maggie, then clearly the issue laid with Ash herself.

“I’m thinking that had less to do with you and more to do with the parental units.” Lucky responded, but Ash didn't really listen.

Her gaze softened, her fingers tapping against the metal of the flask. "Nico was the only one who wasn't." She mumbled.

And everyone hated him, so maybe he should've.

“From what I hear, he was a grade A douche and you’re much better off. And I don’t think two bad relationships equate with you being social suicide…that’s my job remember?” He said, and she let out a sigh in response.

Ash kind of wanted to argue against what he was saying, but she really didn't care enough right now to bother.

She shifted in the seat so that she was kind of facing Lucky, and she studied his face for a moment, her tongue pressing against the inside of her teeth before she finally held out the flask and asked the question that was pretty much burning at her mind.

"So why'd you want to be here?" Ash asked. "Just to see your dumb aunt? Like, I gotta say there were probably a lot better ways to do it than, ummm... well, than like this."

“That…Ms. Johannes…is the understatement of the year.” He smirked as he held the flask out for her. “And no. Not just to see my dumb aunt. But did you see her face when she opened the door and saw me? That was totally worth it.”

"Oh, it was great," Ash responded with a smirk as she took the flask from him. "She told me to, like, leave the trash outside next time I come or something." She let out an annoyed huff, shaking her head as she took a sip from the flask.

As Ash held the flask back out for him, Lucky spoke again. “Plus you’re not exactly the worst person to spend an evening with.” he said, and she let out a soft laugh.

"No way," she said sarcastically, "I totally thought you hated hanging out with me. That's why we're, like, always together." She joked and probably for the first time that night, she gave a genuine smile.

“Sarcasm? Look at you using what I taught you. Oh, I’m the reason we are always together?” He smirked.

Totally. It was totally his fault.

"See, we totally should've just skipped the dinner and just umm... like just hung out me," Ash reached a hand up to tap her chest, "and you." She finished and patted Lucky's chest for emphasis, letting her hand rest there for a moment before she took the flask back from him and took a long drink.

“And miss out on all this fun?” He said sarcastically. “I mean…I’m having the best time.” He chuckled as he stole the flask back, and then his hand slid down the back of the couch, and landed on hers. Her heart gave a solid pound in response. “At least we get to suffer together.” He said with a small smile.

She laughed. "Oh yeah, totally," she responded and absently, her thumb brushed over his hand. "Like if I had to suffer through this with anyone, I'm so glad it was you."

“Stop. You’ll make me blush.” He joked as he slowly laced their fingers together.

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Ash glanced down at their hands for a moment before she looked back at his face, biting into her bottom lip. "But we should do something fun next time instead of, like, this." She said.

“Next time?” He smirked. “So you do like hanging with me. This isn’t so bad, but I’m open to suggestions.”

"Well," she said slowly. "I was thinking like... definitely no parents, probably less people." She started with a faint smile.

“Definitely no parents.” He smirked as his thumb caressed her hand, and her heart pounded in her throat.

"I mean, we always end up just, like... this. Just me and you, anyway. Why not just skip, like, the party and go to the best part of the night?" She asked and leaned forward, closing the distance between them a bit with a little smirk on her face, her gaze still glued to his.

"Just me, and you..." and then she reached past him and, with her free hand, she snatched the flask from his hand and sat back, putting distance between them once more as she wiggled the nearly empty flask. "And vodka." She said, taking a sip from the flask.

“Thief.” He teased, and she smiled. “Guess I gotta keep a better eye on you.” He reached over and took her other hand and tugged her closer to him, and her heart started beating even faster. “Best part of the night, huh?” He looked down at her. “So, you’re just here for the vodka then?” He smirked, and she watched as his eyes dropped to her lips for a moment before meeting her gaze again. “No other reason, right?”

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

"Right," she said, swallowing hard, and she bit into her lip again for a moment. "Totally just for the vodka," she echoed as she pressed the flask into his hand and pulled her hand away, just to then lay it against his chest because, like, there wasn't really anywhere else to put her hand. Duh.

“Totally, huh?” he said, and even though his tone didn't inflect it, it felt sarcastic.

Her finger absently tapped against his chest. "I mean, I guess you're kind of fun to hangout with, too."

“Kind of fun? I’ll take it.” He said softly as he leaned in slightly, and Ash's heart pounded faster.

No, no, no.

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

She didn't lean away.

"Like, obviously," she said, leaning towards him until they were way, way too close. "That's why we're friends."

He leaned in further, and she was prepared to pull away, even if the world kind of felt like it was spinning, but he just laid his forehead against hers. Her heart was practically pulsing in her throat, and all the vodka that she'd consumed was churning in her stomach. Her eyes searched his because there wasn't really anywhere else to look.

“Totally.” He said, and the word still sounded wrong coming from him, but he let out a soft laugh and leaned back, and Ash's heart stopped pounding in her throat, although she still found herself frozen in place.

She blinked at him. Ash felt like she should have something to say, but there were no words that were coming to her. Her lips felt dry, her mouth even dryer, and she lifted one hand up to fidget with the little star pendant on her necklace.

“We should head back inside before they send a search party.” He gave her a smile, and she offered him a wavering smile back. “They probably think I’m looting the place.” As he stood up, he unlaced their fingers, and Ash pressed her hand against her leg to kind of like... wipe off the feeling of his hand in hers -- except then, he held his hand out for her.

She sucked in a deep breath, forcing a smile to her face, and then took his hand to help her up to her feet. "Or that we're making out," she said with a heavy sigh, which was like the honest truth, but it was kind of blurted out before she could think on it too much and like... probably what a bad idea it was to say that right now. So she let out a soft laugh to try and dispel any kind of awkward tension that still might be lingering around, and she let go of Lucky's hand, pressing it back to her side again.

"Come on," she said with a tilt of her head and another breathy sigh as she led the way back into the Harlows' mansion.

Of course, as they headed back in and took their places at the table, Ash kind of felt like she was burning as she sat there, gaze focused back on her plate, poking aimlessly at the food on her plate. Until, again, she was called from the table for a moment -- but this time, by her mother.

That went about as well as one might expect. Her mother quietly lectured her on bringing Lucky, then asked "are you drunk?" to which Ash obviously replied like "pfft no," which earned a simple smack from her mother followed by another lecture about not lying to her, and blah, blah, blah.

Ash tried to tune her mother out during this -- it wasn't anything she hadn't heard uttered from her mom's lips before. Disappointment. Embarrassment. Shape up. Why was Ash doing this to her? Didn't she care? She'd put so much time into taking care of Ash, just for her to turn around and do this.

It was static following on deaf ears, until finally her mother gave up and dragged them back into the dinner, which continued going about as horribly as it had been.

When the end of the evening finally came a wrong, a kind of awkward conversation with Maggie and Trevor ended with Maggie going home with Lucky, and Ash heading home with Trevor (after a little convincing). And in the car, she had wanted to ask him why he would show up with Maggie, because even if Maggie had said that she hadn't been completely honest with Trevor or whatever about the night, that hadn't made it sting any less.

But instead of asking him, instead of starting something, she just swallowed the hurt and decided to leave the conversation untouched. Instead, she just let him take her home.

-------------------------​

Friday night had actually ended up being, like, a simple enough night for Ash. After school she'd umm... well, she'd hung out with Lucky a little bit, which she'd done... a few times that week. Just to work on music or whatever, umm... obviously. Like nothing happened that was really worth noting, but it was just... she enjoyed spending time with him. Platonically. As friends, and nothing more.

Yeah, the guilt of it going too far too many times was still chewing away at her gut. She knew that she probably needed to just, like, cut him off or something for the sake of her own relationship, but Ash had never been good at ending things -- especially friendships. She tended to cling to them, even as they were crumbling in her hands, desperately holding on in hopes that she'd somehow be able to salvage it.

Typically she made it worse rather than salvage anything, but the sentiment remained.

Anyway, after hanging out with Lucky for a while, Ash had ended up having a sleepover with Maddie and JJ which had been fun. Like, it had been forever since she'd had any kind of sleepover -- mostly because she now lived with Eli, Cap, and Gen, so who else was she really going to spend the night with? But it had been... pleasant. Nice. Relaxing.

Oh, and umm... some time during the night, when JJ hadn't been in the room, Ash had come clean to Maddie. About the whole like... dating Trevor thing, and she knew that she should keep her mouth shut, and Ash knew that she shouldn't be telling people, because Trevor had flipped out when she'd just told Eli. And now she was adding Cappie and Maddie to that count, but she just... she couldn't help herself.

She wanted to be able to gush about her boyfriend to people, so she'd gushed for a moment to Maddie, showing off the little necklace that Trevor had gotten her and that she hadn't taken off once since she'd first gotten it. And while gushing for those few split seconds, Ash had felt all those like, warm, fuzzy feelings in the pit of her stomach, and she had smiled so wide that her cheeks kind of started to hurt, and it had been nice.

And then JJ had come back out, and she'd had to go back to pretending to be super lonely and sad or whatever -- because obviously she wasn't telling JJ. Not only would JJ probably tell Nickie who would leak it to everyone, but Ash knew that she'd have a lot of eww he's so gross comments that she didn't want to deal with.

Maddie she could at least gush with without those comments.

Anyway, the following morning, they'd gotten ready and headed to the mall to go shopping -- and that's where they now were. Walking through the mall, chatting away about something on their way up to the dress shop. She was pretty sure JJ was probably complaining about someone in the mall, but she wasn't really listening.

Because like, just ahead of them was the dress shop, and Ash's eyes lit up when she caught sight of Newt waiting just outside the dress store like she'd asked him to. Like, obviously, part of her hadn't thought that he'd show.

Well, sure, she knew that he would, but like...

It still just always came as kind of a surprise, alright? When people actually followed through and showed up for things or whatever. She kind of just always expected people to not show up and come up with some dumb excuse, so it was always a pleasant surprise when they didn't do so.

"Yeah, yeah, that's ummm... that's cool, JJ," she said absently to her friend's rambling that she wasn't really listening to. She tore her eyes away from Newt to look back at JJ and Maddie, her teeth biting into her bottom lip a bit nervously. "I'm going to umm... I'll catch you guys inside, okay?" And with a little wave of her hand, Ash stepped away from JJ and Maddie and started walking towards Newt.

As she drew closer to Newt, Ash's steps started to pick up in speed and the smile on her face widened.

"Newt, hey," she called when she drew closer and once he'd turned to look in her direction, she threw herself at him and pulled him into a tight hug with a soft laugh. Like sure, it hadn't been super long since they'd hung out or anything, but she was still always like... super excited to see the drummer.

"I haven't seen you since, like..." she hesitated, trailing off, while she still hugged him. "I dunno, I guess the foam party. You totally were the life of the party, though. Like, I wouldn't have wanted to go with like... anyone else. You and Cap? Perfect party partners. Like, easily best party of the whole year."

Ash was rambling. She knew that she was rambling. She needed to stop rambling, so she let go of Newt, taking a small step away from him, although there was a little red tint to her cheeks from like... just being embarrassed from the rambling. Obviously. Duh.

And then, Ash noticed who was with him, and her smile faltered for a moment and grew a little more hesitant in nature when she saw Kayla standing beside him. Like sure, they had been really good friends before, but... it was like... now, they hardly ever talked. It wasn't hard for Ash to tell that Kayla almost felt like...

Cold? Distant?

Something like that towards her, and she couldn't figure out why. Like she'd spent forever trying to figure out what had went wrong that had caused there to now be some kind of rift between her and Kayla, but for the life of her, Ash couldn't figure it out whatsoever. She was freaking lost, and she hated being lost.

"Hey, Kayla," she said with a soft smile. Ash, mostly subconsciously, found one of her hands absently holding onto Newt's arm, her finger tapping against him while her teeth chewed at her bottom lip. "I didn't like umm... I didn't know you were, like... I didn't know you were umm... coming..."

And then Ash realized how that might sound, and she quickly tried to fix it.

"Not that like... not that I don't want you here. Like I'm really excited to see you here. It's umm... it'll be really fun," she said, offering Kayla a warm smile, and then it occurred to her that she'd never actually told Newt what they were doing. Woops.

"Oh, we're umm..." she smiled back up at Newt, "we're going, uhh... dress shopping, actually. Like for the Winter Ball, you know? I don't have a date, so I don't... really... know why I'm going or, like, bothering to buy a new dress for it, but..." she gave a shrug of her shoulders and a soft laugh.

Well technically she didn't have a date, because Trevor had just asked her to save a dance. Not the whole dance, but she supposed that he didn't need to ask her. Like, they were dating, so that kind of already meant they were going together no matter what... right? Right.

"Like, obviously I have JJ and Maddie, but they're umm... I mean they're fun to dress shop with or whatever, but JJ can be kind of mean. And I couldn't invite Gen because like, JJ kind of hates her, and Eli can't really call me hot because it would be kind of gross if he did, so..." she smiled at him. "Will you, like, help me? I'll buy you ice cream or--"

Ash cut herself off when she saw someone else walking towards them, her eyebrows drawing together in mild confusion for a moment as a very, very faint memory kind of appeared at the site of Mikaela's face.

Too many shots. Foam everywhere. A "omg we should go dress shopping" uttered from her lips.

Huh.

"Oh..." she murmured, "I think I umm... well, I kind of like... I invited Mikaela... too..." Ash said, letting out a soft laugh because oh fuck, not only had she not told Newt what they were doing, but she had invited the girl he was pining over. And she hadn't given him any kind of warning.

Once the initial shock had worn off (and before Mikaela made it all the way over to them), Ash turned Newt to face her and so that his back was to Mikaela and started to fuss with his shirt. She pulled at the sleeves of his flannel, and reached forward to smooth down the front of his band shirt.

"Def Leppard? Really?" She asked. "Like I like them, but they're so... like... you know. Whatever, it's fine." She fussed as she rose up on the balls of her feet to fix the collar of his shirt so that it was all laying perfectly smooth, and then she settled back on the flat of her feet, her lips pursed together as she studied Newt's appearance for a moment, her hands holding onto the ends of his flannel.

She reached forward with her foot to poke at his shoes. "These don't even match your flannel," she grumbled but sighed, shaking her head as she looked back up at Newt with a smile. "You look..." she cut herself off and reached up, taking part of the flannel to tug Newt closer down to her level, and she ran her free hand over his hair to smooth it down before she let him go and, now satisfied with how Newt look, she quickly let go of him and stepped back, placing her hands behind her. "You look really hot. Be cool." She said.

And then Ash smiled in Mikaela's direction, waving as she approached. "Hey," she said cheerfully, "I totally didn't think you'd show, but it'll be so nice to have you. I umm... forgot to mention that I invited Newt," Ash explained, and then again remembered that Kayla was there, and quickly added; "oh, and he brought Kayla."

Yeah, this was going to go great.

mood
ehhhhh

outfit
something cute that JJ definitely hates

playing...
Hate Me (Sometimes)
by Stand Atlantic​

mentions
Trevor, Lucky, Dorian, Maggie, Spencer, Cappie, Eli, Gen, Javi

interactions
JJ, Maddie, Newt, Kayla, Mikaela

tags
Soap Soap jasmyn jasmyn PenguinFox PenguinFox AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami Xed Xed

º º code by ditto º º

Isabella Dupont
@bellaissima has set their status to:
good morning!

@bellaissima has set their outfit to:
sweet

@bellaissima has set their location to:
Kelli & Ronnie's dorm room

@bellaissima has mentioned:
Casey & Avery

@bellaissima has interacted with:
Kelli & Ronnie

@bellaissima has tagged:
ditto ditto & hery hery
Let’s make one thing painfully and crystal clear: one good hangout with Casey Clairmont did not mean Bella liked him. The dinner was a… pleasant experience mostly thanks to Bella’s quick planning and Avery’s naturally kind disposition, not because of Casey’s jokes or his friendly smiles or general ease. No, none of that, that had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Art Fest was supposed to be a singular experience. Casey was supposed to turn her song into music, Avery was supposed to turn the words into lyrics, and Bella was supposed to be there to supervise. With the final note of the song in the arena, their run ins should have been over. No more overly curious minds or boundary breaking eyes or notebook stealing, absolutely none of that. That, in turn, should have meant absolutely no more Casey Clairmont.

But their first period classes were across from each other and the paths to their lockers crossed over multiple times a day and Casey couldn’t seem to take the hint when Bella scooted away from him when he came to sit with her at lunch. It seemed that no matter where Bella went, Casey seemed to be there still unable to read a fucking room.

On top of all that bullshit, the guy was persistent. It was as if the more Bella said no, the more the word sounded like she was saying yes. He was impossible to avoid and, eventually, impossible to say no to.

Please refer to the first line of this piece: just because Bella was spending what seemed like a lot of time with Casey Clairmont did not mean she liked him. Absolutely not. And the fact that he seemed to pop up throughout the day in her thoughts didn’t mean anything either, so don’t go getting the wrong idea.

The following Saturday eventually came around along with the plan of going shopping with Kelli and Ronnie. Bella had been excited since they had made the plan the prior week but after a week of Casey and Avery and recovering from Art Fest, Bella welcomed the repreve with open arms, a grin, and a tray of her signature muffins that she had baked with her sister the night before.

Bouncing up to the door, Bella lifted a hand to knock but paused. She had known Kelli and Ronnie long enough that knocking no longer felt necessary, especially since they were probably busy. So instead, Bella reached out a hand and slowly pushed the door open.

“Good morning! I’ve come with treats.” Bella laughed warmly as she stepped into the room, balancing the plate of muffins in the crook of her arm as the other reached to close the door behind her. Nodding warmly at her friends, Bella set the wrapped plate down on Ronnie’s desk. “It is such a lovely morning. Jackie and I went on a run together this morning and the temperature was absolutely perfect. Excellent shopping weather too, not too warm but not too cold.” Bella gave each of the girls a quick hug before tossing a stray strand of dirty blonde hair over her shoulder. “Are you two ready to go? I don’t mind waiting if you’re not.”

º º code by ditto º º

Elizabeth Sterling

Elizabeth Sterling never apologized.

Elizabeth Sterling never was at a loss for words.

Elizabeth Sterling never made mistakes.

And yet, it seemed that the very foundation that Elizabeth Sterling built her life and personality around had crumbled before her -- repeatedly -- at the Winter Arts Festival. What was supposed to be a day that was going to be storybook perfect had, rather, turned out to be an utter nightmare.

Following the disaster that was Beth's experience with her sister and parents, she'd stumbled across Kinni. Great, right? Like she'd get to hangout with her friend for a while, let her sister cool down, and then she'd go home and everything would be okay and great. She'd even bought the other girl a coffee as a little gesture of friendship or whatever since, well, the last time they'd hung out, Kinni had purchased a coffee for Beth.

Except that Beth, who apparently now needed to add clumsy to her list of vices, had bumped into her coffee and spilled it all across the table... and all over Kinni's sketchbook. A multitude of rushed apologies had fallen out of the fake redhead's mouth, but no amount of apologies could fix whatever little sketches Kinni was doing.

So Beth had left and just gone home. She'd just Ubered her way home instead of waiting for Tori, and maybe it was dramatic or whatever, but Beth had just... stuck to herself for the rest of the week.

This wasn't how her sophomore year of high school was supposed to be going.

Her sister had spent all week trying to make apologies to Beth and trying to get her to talk to her, but Beth didn't budge. And it wasn't because she was mad at her sister or anything. Beth just felt... guilty. She felt guilty for turning on her sister like that. She felt guilty for leaving her sister like that. And now she hadn't talked to Tori in what was, like, basically forever, and she felt guilty for that because she didn't know how to start it.

Luckily, it was Saturday, and Beth would have a break from her confusing swarm of emotions. She was going to be hanging out with Spencer and showing him around LA. It was a plan that they'd made way back at the lock-in and honestly, she was beyond excited that it was finally here. She enjoyed hanging out with Spencer -- he was fun... ish. Sure, he was a little bland and mellow for her tastes, but she could spice him up.

That sounded really weird...

Beth had just finished getting dressed and was grabbing her phone to send a text to Spencer and let him know that she was basically ready to go.

And then, the worst thing that could possibly happened actually happened.

Beth's blood turned to ice as she heard the sound of her bedroom door opening, and she slowly looked over to see the door finish opening the rest of the way to reveal her sister just... standing there. And all Beth could do was stare in silence for a moment as she waited for Tori to start speaking.

In one hand, Tori held a bowl, and Beth had a feeling there were cookies or something else to try and tempt her in it, but she wasn't going to be swayed into... whatever it was that her sister wanted.

“Beth,” Tori said firmly, “we need to talk.”

Without Beth giving her the go ahead, Tori walked in and tilted the bowl in her direction. Just as she'd thought -- sugar cookies. “They’re fresh,” Tori said. “Eat one.”

"Can't," Beth replied with a sigh as she looked back at her phone. She took extra long this time to click around to get to Spencer's messages just to really, really drag it out so that she didn't have to look at her sister. "I'm about to go out with Spencer. I promised to show him all around town, so unless this is something important... I should really probably get going."

mood
ugh

outfit
clothes

playing...
It's Still Cool If You Don't
by Briston Maroney​

mentions
Kinni, Spencer

interactions
Tori

tags
ditto ditto

º º code by ditto º º

MICHAEL K. REID​

(tw: it’s mike…but, like, 1,000% worse. mentions of alcohol, lots of cursing…yeah.)

What the hell was there to say aside from what he’d already said, huh? How many more times did you need to hear “life was shit and Mike didn’t give a flying fuck anymore” before it finally resonated in your goddamn idiotic head?

For your sake — but mostly for his — you should probably just shut up and go on your way. Stop following along with him, stop incessantly peeking over his fucking shoulder into his life, stop cheering on one fucking side or the other, because there was no way you gave an actual shit. Surprise, surprise, nothing gets better, and shit only becomes shittier as time goes on, okay? Something about fucking fires, something about burning, something about kerosine all over his dick. Great, good, amazing! You bastards who told him he wasn’t shit from the very start won your bet at who’s going to be the most fucked. Your medal was riiiight off the side of that cliff, at the bottom of the ocean, and could only be reached with concrete shoes. Enjoy! Yeah, go on! You could get it!

God. Fuck.

You know, Mike was well fucking aware that he had a short temper. And that he was a dick, and that he was a suck ass person, yadda yadda yadda, no one gave a fuck anymore. If you were listening to him right now, obviously you knew that shit — everyone knew that shit. But this week, it had been so much worse.

You see, Mike had this thing: he fucking hated drama. That was why he kept away from anyone who he got the slight inclination was catching feelings for him. That was why he kept away from people like Genevieve, too.

Yet somehow, that absolute fucking bitch had made him throw away the very few guidelines he set for himself, and in the end, he’d just gotten his brains fucked out of him by a fucking sword called fate or whatever the hell. And it wasn’t like he could fucking whine to Nate about it — and have him give a shit, at least. He did still whine to Nate, but he knew he didn’t give a shit.

And even with that, there was a ton of just bullshit that he couldn’t tell Nate. Like what happened with Ronnie. Like the fucking feelings or whatever the fuck he’d had for Gen. Like — like all of that bullshit — he couldn’t let that leave him.

It was times like these that he fucking wished for —…ya know. To have him back, but fuck it.

So it’d just wore on him, all fucking week.

Oh yeah. And he guessed he was a stoner or some shit now. Whoopty-fucking-whoop.

Kidding, but hell, he had been smoking with Nate a lot this week, yeah. He wasn’t a fan of weed. Or of drugs of any fucking sort. Yeah, he’d swore them off, actually, but hell. It was like he was fulfilling some kind of prophecy. People like him — people from the shitty trenches, from the depths of depravity — weren’t meant to be the clean-cut, suit-and-tie people, right? They were just meant to be men and women who try and try and fucking try but always screw up, wind up dead in a ditch alongside their mothers with a needle sticking out of their arm.

He’d drank a lot of beer this week. Passed out in his tub a few days. Woken up sleep-deprived with a killer headache a few days. Barely managed to drag himself to school a few days. Been pissy as shit, been hardly fucking hanging on. But who gave a fuck? You? No, you were just fucking delighting in this, weren’t you? He passed his exams, that was all that mattered. Plus, beer tasted less like piss and more like a magical “let’s forget everything” potion the more you drank it.

Listen, all fucking week, he’d been 10,000% more of a caricature of himself. Fuck it, you could even say he regressed back to freshman Mike. He knew that Gen wanted to see him suffering like she had or some shit. Emotionally drained or shit like that, but instead, he was just more Mike — more freshman Mike. Belligerent, even more short-tempered, closed off, hard to even say “good morning” to. Cold. Complete fucking douche. Hit on girls between classes, during classes. Punched a few walls. Really fucking wanted to punch a few people, but he kept from doing that this week.

And you know what? Yeah. Yeah, that made him feel fucking gross. Made him feel like bottom-feeding scum. But hell. He kind of liked it, ya know. Because that was who he was meant to be — rough, tumble, and fighting for fucking survival. Again, it felt like he was fulfilling some kind of prophecy or some shit.

It was funny. Fucking hilarious.

But he didn’t give a shit at this point. He seriously didn’t fucking care.

He and Nate were supposed to do…something today. He didn’t fucking know. He probably made some dumbass promises while he was drunk at 3 am on Wednesday or Thursday or, hell, maybe Friday. Whatever it was — Mike just needed the escape. He was hungover, and miserable, and — well, doing dumb shit cancelled out shit shit, you know.

Breathing out a sigh, Mike opened his eyes a slit to peek at his radio. Fucking Taylor Swift…God. He grimaced, and he reached over and turned it up.

He rested his hands on the wheel, leaning further back in his seat. God…he hated this song.

His fingers began to tap on the wheel to the vague beat, closing his eyes again. “‘cuz our song is a…,” he started to sing along in a scratchy voice at the chorus. He opened his eyes, scowling at himself. His eyes moved to his reflection, and he muttered, “Fuck.”

He spotted something moving out of the corner of his eye, and he glanced over. Nate. He was gesturing, pulling something out of his pocket.

“Time to get stoned again, you piece of shit,” he sighed, reaching up with one hand to rub his eyes tiredly while the other pulled the key from the ignition. “Mom would be so fucking proud.”

His foot kicked the door before he popped the handle. It creaked open. Opening his eyes once more, he stepped out of his clunker. He slammed the door behind him, and the car let out a loud squeal! and a nasty rattle.

He scoffed. “Piece of shit,” he muttered. “Fucking piece of shit.”

Walking up to his friend, he lifted his eyes and gave Nate a nod as a greeting.

“What’s up?” Nate asked. He held out the joint after taking a hit.

Mike sighed, taking the joint and staring at it for a moment. God…could he do this? Even looking at it made him want to fucking puke.

No, fuck it. This was his life now.

He gave a shrug, cracking a slight grin. Though his nagging headache protested, he gave a soft chuckle. “Another shitty day, but what’s new, ya know.” He took a hit from the thing, and then he hacked. God, fuck, it tasted disgusting. It tasted like a fucking rotting future. Still, he breathed out the cloud of smoke, and he held the joint out to Nate again. “Had another night with beer in the bathtub.” It was harder now with a roommate, but fuck it, ya know. He rubbed his eyes, groaning quietly. “God, fuck…”

He dropped his hand from his face. “Gonna be completely honest, babro — I’ve got no fucking idea what we’re doing.” He shrugged slightly. “I don’t even remember making this plan. Anyway, what’s up with you?”

mood

outfit
who fucking cares

playing...
drunk face
by machine gun kelly​

mentions
ronnie & gen

interactions
nate

tags
Winona Winona

º º code by ditto º º

Mikaela Ainsley

The first time she ever stepped onto a rink in ice skates, Mikaela had fallen spectacularly on her face. Her first ever performance at the arts fest went much like that first time on the rink. A disaster. Except unlike when she had fallen on the rink and picked herself up smiling, after that mess of an arts fest performance, she’d remained slumped on the ground, sapped of all energy.

Cami hadn’t been happy to say the least and she barely warded off Chanel’s attempts to come find her thanks to her non-existent date with a very non-existent, made up David, but dealing with her interrogation had been no walk in the park.

Still an interrogation over the phone was better than one in person. If Chanel managed to catch her, she would get sniffed out right away. She loved the girl but she rarely missed anything, and the last thing Mikaela needed was for Chanel of all people to know that she was on drugs.

Stupid move really, taking them before the performance with Cami, but she hadn’t played the piano in public since…well since her dad died.

The last time she’d gone up had been to play a duet with him at one of his last concerts. After that she drowned herself in skating and didn’t look back, didn’t touch a piano, until she came to this school.

Could you blame her for wanting a little something to take the edge of?

The crowd had been massive, even for arts fest. Sure, it came with the territory when you performed with a Clairmont but when she saw the size of the audience, that jam packed room and all the voices that just kept buzzing in her ear and wouldn’t go away, she’d completely checked out.

There was no way she would have been able to go up on the stage without the drugs. All the eyes on them, the media in the crowd, waiting with their pens hovering over paper and their fingers on the trigger ready to fire away and capture their pictures. It made her sick and uneasy. Without the drugs to lose herself in she would have broken down completely.

Instead she’d just had a tiny slip up, a slip of the hand, one wrong key, and that was all it took. Everything nearly fell apart.

Life was fragile that way. One mistake, one error, just once, and it could be fatal. Take everything, the way she had lost everything. She could see the headlines in the tabloids now, ‘Clairmont-Ainsley joint performance botched’, ‘An erroneous return to music’, ‘All name and nothing else’.

Or maybe they had gotten lucky and the media hadn’t caught on to the error and the crowd remained blissfully unaware that there had been any mistake at all. After all the piece she played for the performance was an incomplete original composition. No one had heard it before other than Cami and some students at the school.

That was the problem though. Cami knew, and Cami had been thrown off mid dance, she hadn't seen how badly because she'd had to focus on the piano and the keys that threatened to float away but the fact that the mistake had happened was enough, and after they got off stage, Mikaela just wanted to disappear.

She hadn’t even apologised for the error or answered Cami’s questions properly, she didn’t know how. It wasn’t like she could tell her she was on drugs. That would ruin everything. None of the Clairmonts could ever find out. She had to keep that secret, even if it meant screwing up other things and really she’d already screwed up everything else, so what difference was it really gonna make if she added several more screw ups to the pile?

None.

Hopefully Cami would just forget about it soon enough and Chanel wouldn’t interrogate her any further. Fuck. She just wanted a distraction, another drug, alcohol, something. Hell she wished fake David was real and actually going to take her out to dinner tonight.

She just wanted something to fill this empty space, to keep her busy so her mind would stop going back to that fucking mistake. To the questions in Cami’s eyes.

Her phone buzzed on the floor next to her in the spare dressing room she had locked herself in to hide away from everyone. A sigh of relief escaped her when she saw that it wasn’t Chanel.

Pretending that everything was ok when she felt like shit and had no energy was difficult, even if she had worked hard to master the art of it over the past few months.

Picking up the device, she opened it and started scrolling through the twitter, searching for her distraction. Another wild riddle like story from Thirstea, a fight between Chas and someone else, flirting, anything.

She continued to thumb her way through the chat until her finger stopped, and her eyes flickered back to life. Found it. A foam party, at good old Mr DuMe’s place, with Maggie and Ash and lots of other people. Perfect. A party was just what she needed. The perfect distraction, the perfect disguise, and the company would make excellent distractions as well.

Ash was always fun to tease and drink with, Maggie knew how to have a fun time and get wild, and Mr DuMe was fantastic company himself. Also excellent in bed if they managed to get some alone time. Plus all that foam.

Forget her fake date with fake David that she earlier wished existed, this was a hundred times better. Besides, she wasn’t really a David fan anymore. She’d named her fake date that because the story of David and Goliath had resonated with her when she was young, to the point where it became almost a ritual for her father to tell her the story of the underdog who triumphed any time she was nervous or about to perform. But now, she no longer resonated with David, if anything she resonated with Goliath.

The powerful giant who fell because of one tiny rock. One mistake and his world came crashing down. Just like hers.

God she needed that party to start ASAP. Her brain was starting to spiral. Well, she was always spiraling nowadays, but she much rather spiral into depravity than depression over the fucked-up mess her life had become.

If only she hadn’t gone down that day. If only those fucking idiotic boys hadn’t been fooling around like that. If only she had been able to recover.

What she’d give to return to the rink. To be able to skate again. Just like that girl who managed to return to dance.

Why was life so unfair? Why was she being punished like this and others not? Was it because she was rich? Because she had gotten materially lucky in just about every other aspect of life?

She just wanted, all she ever wanted was to be on the rink. She didn’t need the money, she didn’t need the expensive vacations or fancy outfits and lavish houses. She didn’t need the attention or the fame or the privileges that came with it. She didn’t need any of that shit, she didn’t want it. She just wanted to skate.

That was all she wanted, and it was the one thing she could no longer have.

…….

It had been a week since arts fest and Mikaela was still avoiding Cami. She hoped the girl wasn’t going on the shopping trip today.

In fact, she was still questioning her own decision to go at all.

That night at the foam party she’d been riding a high from alcohol and the party, throwing back shots with Ash when out of the blue the girl suddenly suggested they go dress shopping and in her rush of adrenaline and excitement, Mikaela had agreed.

In the week since, she had come back down to earth and now the appointed day had arrived and well…her agreement was starting to look like a mistake.

She didn’t want to go out. To deal with the possibility of being stalked by paparazzi or getting asked questions about arts fest.

The event had long passed but people were still talking about it in and around school. The topic just wouldn’t die out. Ironic really. For a world that had been so insistent about her moving on and not getting stuck in the past when she had gotten hurt, that had sent her hurtling back into the world with a mandate to move forward, they were awfully stuck in the past themselves, focusing so much on the long over arts fest, constantly looking backwards.

She’d much rather find a different distraction, one that wouldn’t involve going out with a group of famous or semi famous people to shop in crowded stores. Like Ezra, the hot new transfer who was giving her attention on twitter much to Chanel’s chagrin.

Sure there seemed to be something with him and Tori but as far as she had heard, her friend was still very single and very insistent that there was nothing going on, which meant he was fair game, so if he was going to show her interest, she would entertain it, even if it drove Chanel and possibly Tori, a little mad in the process.

Too bad said attention giving hunk was going surfing so getting a distraction from him was out of the question.

Maybe she could just spend today inside, dig into the recent stash she had gotten from her ever-reliable roommate and waste away the hours in another drug induced daze.

As if on cue, her phone buzz in her hand and Mikaela shot up from where she had been lying, body draped across the couch.

“You have got to be kidding me.” She groaned as she reread the message on her screen and found that she had read it correctly the first time. Her older sister wanted to pay her a visit. Today, at the apartment. Fuck, No way. She couldn’t deal with that now, didn’t want to. She didn’t have the energy to entertain Alisha and her questions or pretend like she was doing well and not just getting dragged through each and every day. Looks like she was going to have to go to that shopping trip after all. It was definitely more appealing now when she considered the prospect of her sister popping by the apartment for a visit.

Pushing herself off the couch, Mikaela made her way back to her room, typing out a reply to her sister that she already had plans to go shopping with friends. She had barely sent it off and started rifling through her wardrobe for something to wear when her phone buzzed again. This time the message had her breathing a sigh of relief. Thank God her sister changed her mind and told her to go enjoy herself. Her hand fell away from the hangers and she moved to flop down on her bed when another buzz stopped her in her tracks.

“I’ll just pop by later to drop off some stuff I bought on my trip.”

Well there went her plan to just pretend she had gone and stay home. Now she really had to go out. What happened to her line about not imposing on her? Ughhh. Back to picking outfits it was. At least shopping would be distracting and Ash was fun to tease. She seriously hoped Cami wasn’t there though, but at least there was no need to worry about Chanel suddenly showing up. That would be even worse than any potential awkwardness with Cami.

Let’s see, cap, glasses, clothes – yes she was grabbing a cap and glasses. She’d really rather not be spotted by any camera wielding nightmares. Oh right, her drugs. If Alisha was stopping by the apartment to drop things off, she didn’t want to risk her sister snooping about her room and finding anything she wasn’t supposed to.

Scooping up several little bags, Mikaela stuck them deep into the recesses of her purse and then walked out the room.

One cab ride later and she was standing outside a mall looking for one short blonde and…she had no idea who else, or where to look really but outside the mall was looking like it wasn’t it.

She ventured inside and started wandering around with slow steps, looking for that said short blonde. Not there, or there, ugh she should have just messaged her to ask because she couldn’t remember what or if there was a specific shop that Ash had mentioned that night at the foam party. Where on earth could she – ahah! Was that her? It looked like her, not to mention there was a familiar mop of multicoloured hair on the boy next to her who – huh, was Ash hiding from her? Behind Newt?

Mikaela squinted as she drew nearer. Just what was she – oh, OH. She was smoothing over his hair and making him bend over, she was fussing over him. Awwwww how cute.

No sooner was she done fussing over him, Ash re-emerged from behind Newt and Mikaela noticed another girl standing with them. The face didn’t register with her immediately, but her attention was quickly drawn away by Ash’s waving and her words.

“Hey. I totally didn’t think you’d show,” that makes two of us, she thought wryly as she smiled in return, you can thank my sister for my appearance, “but it’ll be so nice to have you. I umm… forgot to mention that I invited Newt, oh and he brought Kayla.”

Ahhh, Kayla, so that was her name. “Hey Kayla, hey Stranger,” she said, putting on her best cheery voice and smile as she greeted the two before turning to Ash and plastering on her best sad face, “I’m hurt Ash, did you perhaps not want me here? And after I got all excited about your invite at the foam party too.” She was teasing of course and the sad face and her lie about her excitement was all part of the song and dance. Though knowing that not only Ash but Newt was also here made her look forward to the day’s events a little more. The one thing she was sure of if nothing else, was that when she was Newt, it was always a good time.

mood
Distract me thanks

outfit
outfit

playing...
song title here

by artist here​

mentions
Tori, Ezra, Cami, Chanel, Maggie, Lucky

interactions
Kayla, Ash, Newt

tags
Winona Winona PenguinFox PenguinFox AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami

º º code by ditto º º

MOOD: Friendly

OUTFIT: Something kinda comfy

basics
MENTIONS:
Tilly
Tori
Sinclaire-Gen drama briefly mentioned

INT:
Naomi Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202
tags
TL;DR Hello would you like to talk about our lord and savior-
tl;dr
Bailey

Well, how would Bailey summarize the entire experience of Arts Fest? Easily: It was awkward as hell. Dinner had been just about as awkward at first as you’d expect - they had gotten into some odd familiarity by the end but it was still just… weird. And they never got confirmation if that Tilly girl had gotten to her exhibition in time so y'know. That was on their conscience now.

It had been awkward. Not a single social interaction that wasn’t tinged with some kind of cringe to be found. Social awareness? Who was she? Couldn't be found at Hollywood Arts, apparently. It wasn’t that Tori or Tilly were particularly bad people, it was just that apparently Bailey attracted the anxious socially awkward kinds that were on the verge of a breakdown.

What a superpower to have, go them.

So now they were going to hang out with another friend and hopefully that wouldn’t turn out to be another headache.

They were alright with Naomi, she was pretty decent which was better than what they’d consider for most of the people here. And not… not as awkward as Tilly. Most highschoolers were sort of socially awkward, but definitely not as awkward as the whole bowing thing. They still hadn’t quite emotionally processed how wild that had been.

Yeah, not being as socially awkward as Tilly had been a low bar to pass, but Naomi did it so Bailey tried to actually be semi-supportive of her endeavors. They usually weren’t very supportive of romantic endeavors in high school - especially this high school. Everyone seemed some kind of fucked in the head here, but hey it sure as hell was fun to watch every now and then. The whole betrayal Sinclaire-Gen thing? Gold. An absolute gold mine.

They tried to not get into drama though - too much effort being put towards getting mad, not enough in their actual work. Bailey really just let their work speak for them - they were good at what they did, what else mattered.

But, networking was important and friendship was important so they were going to Naomi’s to hang out. They walked up to the front door and gave a little knock, waited till the door opened.

Were they supposed to bring a little veggie platter or something? They’d seen their parents do that a lot. But then again, they were old people. It was probably fine.

“Hey.” They grinned at Naomi. “Thanks for inviting me over.”

As the tailor got let in, they took a little cursory glance around their surroundings. It was nice to have some semblance of where things were.

“So how’ve you been?”
code by valen t.

Jace West

For what felt like most of his life, Jace always seemed to come in last. He always seemed to freeze up at the worst possible moment, and he was quite terrible at... most things. Jace was awful when it came to socialization, often stuttering his way through interactions or managing to say the worst possible thing imaginable. He was even worse at school, often just barely scraping by in order to pass (and yeah, he'd been held back once).

And then he was kind of a failure in his parents' eyes. His father had tried to play catch with Jace once, but he'd screamed when the baseball came flying at him, and his and his dad's relationship had been strained since. They just had nothing in common. And then his mother had tried to push her wishes and dreams onto Jace by sticking him in commercials and other acting gigs since he was little, and it was all fine and dandy until he was about six and he overheard a couple other kids on the set mocking his teeth and his nose and making fun of this and that.

After that, acting had kind of been a failure for him. He'd go out on set, and just falter. He'd think about how everyone was probably watching him, about how those same things that those kids were saying about him was what the whole world probably thought, and after freezing enough on stage, well...

Jace was basically blackballed.

The only thing that he'd ever managed to be decent at had been his music, and even that paled heavily in comparison to other musicians his age. Jace was skilled -- he knew that -- but he still felt as if he had to work ten times harder than everyone else to make it. The best comparison to that was Ash. They'd both started their music careers about the same time, with Jace starting just a year before, and she didn't put nearly the same amount of work in that he did. Jace actually wrote his own songs (their mother hired someone to help write most of Ash's), he spent all of his spare time working on his music, on promoting his music, and Ash did none of that, and yet she was ahead of him. She had more followers.

Everything came so easy to Ash, and all Jace wanted was to once come in ahead of his sister. For once, he wanted to hear his parents tell her to be more like him and not the other way around.

Jace knew that Ash was everything they'd wanted. She played catch and she watched sports with their dad. She was great at socialization. She got nearly straight A's in school without trying. She had a million friends. She never faltered on screen during acting. Everything about her was perfect.

The only thing that Jace had ever had over her was his girlfriend, Stassi, because she was strides over Ash's boyfriend. That was the only time that he'd heard the words come from their mother's mouth for Ash to be more like Jace. In the context of dating, because her taste in guys was abysmal, and she'd brought home a dude with anger issues and tattoos. And Jace had brought back someone that was pretty, dignified, nice... perfect.

And then he came out. He was gay. Jace had always known, but he'd tried to push down any feelings that he might have for boys because, well, his family was horribly homophobic. Eventually, he couldn't keep lying to himself anymore, and he was happy that he was out.

Mostly out.

He hadn't told his parents.

So he was thankful that Stassi had agreed to go with him to the family dinner, because for the first night ever in his life, Jace won. Jace. Had. Won. He'd won this one-on-one fight that he'd started with his sister the first time he'd been told to be more like her, the first time that someone had chosen her over him, and he'd dreamed about it for so long. He'd dreamed about hearing the lecture from their mother as she laid into Ash on how she needed to be more like Jace.

He thought it would feel good.

Instead he just felt... empty, still.

He'd come in first, and yet he still felt last.

As a thanks to Stassi, and kind of as an apology for how he'd treated her for so long, Jace offered to take her to the dance. And she'd actually said yes. She'd agreed to go to the Winter Ball with Jace, and he was actually... kind of looking forward to it. He did like being around Stassi and, after their little conversation in Twitter (you know, where Maggie had given him advice), for the first time, he felt closer to her.

He had missed having her as a friend, but he'd thought she was... kind of like everyone else. She was free from Jace, and she didn't want to look back.

Not that he'd blame her. Jace wouldn't want to look back at him, either.

Anyway, it was the weekend before the Winter Ball. And much to his annoyance, Landon was still living with him. And even more to his annoyance, Landon had convinced him to go to the beach.

Jace hated the beach. He hated the sand. He hated swimming, and he hadn't really swum in years. Not since he'd moved here from New York, where his family had had a swimming pool in the backyard, which he'd find himself spending most of the summer in with his friends, Ash, and her friends.

He didn't look back on those memories fondly, as most of his friends just wanted to be in the pool so they could ogle his sister and her friends.

But here he was, standing awkwardly by the side of the beach, shoulders slouched, t-shirt on, sunscreen pasted across his pale face and his skinny arms, with swim trunks on.

"It's hot," Jace whined to Landon.

Pretty much all he'd done all morning was whine, so... it came as no surprise that this continued.

mood
ehhhh

outfit
swim trunks and t-shirt

playing...
Someone To You
by Banners​

mentions
Stassi

interactions
Landon

tags
gh0stwriter gh0stwriter

º º code by ditto º º

trevor callaghan​

(tw: i, uh, realized once i finished slopping this writing out that his obsessive behaviors are very…pervasive in this post, so…there’s that.)

“Go to this thing,” she said. “It’ll be easy,” she said. “I’ll give you weed,” she said.

And now, everyone in the fecking world hated him, and he was the villain yet a-feckin’-gain.

Listen, for once — for once — he had done nothing wrong. When he’d told Ash that he had plans for the time that the dinner party was happening and wouldn’t be able to come, he truly did have plans: to sleep, and to avoid ever meeting her fecking parents.

And then, he got plans to do something with Maggie, who had kept it vague, and he didn’t ask questions, and of course it ended up being the same fecking thing that Ash had invited him to and then he’d wound up fecking meeting Ash’s parents anyway because feck his luck.

Elise was the woman’s name. And…Sam…? St — S…feck, the name wasn’t important. She had a dad was his point, and he met him.

Trevor was glad that he was entirely unsober for that whole fecking thing. It was a mess, and thinking about it gave him a headache, and it made his head hurt, his head hurt, his head feel like it was going to fecking burst open, hey, he should slam his head against the wall, ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch, o

You got the point.

He had been mulling over it all week, though. Something about it made it unable to leave his mind. Ash seemed to be…upset by it. For some fecking reason, and who knew why, but that meant that he’d screwed up his promise, right? His promise to try? But still, he knew that he hadn’t really done anything.

So instead, he just avoided that topic like it was his geometry homework.

(Yeah, that was a good analogy. He was flunking geometry. He was flunking everything except for his fecking Lit classes. And History, he guessed. A C wasn’t failing. It was fine. He would pull through for semester tests and he’d narrowly avoid failing. Such went his miserable life.)

His mental state all week had been…well, normal for him, but abysmally low by the typical standards. He was stressed and stretched thin, and high most of the time and drunk a quarter of it. Even with the Arts Fest over, now he had to worry about his girlfriend, and about his roommate because — because Chas or some gobshite like him had decided that it was a wonderful fecking idea to attempt to ruin the life of an innocent girl, and the script for his short film, which he’d been obsessively pouring over at every free chance he got, highlighting and re-highlighting and scratching with a pen until most of the pages were entirely illegible.

That was the plan for today: revisions. Revisions, and seeing Ashton. Or, ah, surprise Ash date. Because that was what good boyfriends did. They took their girlfriends on dates to places that they liked, even when they felt like shite, because they cared about him. And…and yeah. Yeah, he’d admit. After spending that time with her last weekend, after…after that date, after making that promise, and after the after that date, he’d really thought that he liked her. And even this week, even past the rockiness and the obvious elephant in the room of whatever the feck she was mad about about the dinner, he…he did care about her. And more than just that crush. And more than just that she was hot. And more than just…more than just “kinda like” or “like like”.

It wasn’t love, no, but…it was something.

He dragged himself out of bed, folding his hands over his face and letting out a soft groan. The sun was bright, and when it hit his eyes, his head gave an immediate slam of pain. The little personal party he’d had in his room last night obsessing over the reorganization of his bookshelf in a very particular order whilst downing most of a bottle of whiskey because “alcohol helps stress”…yeah, he was fecking feeling it now. Thanks, Trevor’s body, for letting him know how shite his decision-making skills were. That wasn’t going to make him stop, but still, thanks.

Food. Shower. Food again. Shower again. Shower again. None of it helped.

And of fecking — of fecking course, when he flopped himself down at his desk and pulled out a bottle to Ernest Hemingway his way through his screenplay (because feck it, it was the weekend and his roommates knew damn well enough not to step foot near his bedroom during the weekend unless they wanted to be bitched at, so he could be as drunk as he wanted to be, because he was smarter when he was drunk, anyway), he patted his desk down for his papers only to discover that they were not even on the fecking desk.

Of course, this set off his brain. Fast forward to him two hours later having scoured his whole room and almost having ripped out his hair in frustration at the lack of his manuscript in his room only to recall that he had left it in the Literature room, and cue him driving Rachel the speed limit all the way to the school while screaming at the vehicles to all sides of him.

He slammed into the classroom, muttering beneath his breath the few curse words that he knew in Irish and occasionally slipping into English. Frustratedly, he made his way to the desk where he sat, ready to grab his papers from the desk.

And there, in his seat, there was seated the last person — ah, one of the last people on fecking earth that he ever wanted to see. The very sight of her made him want to projectile vomit at the floor tiles, but he resisted the urge only because his papers were on the goddamn floor.

ON THE GODDAMN FLOOR.

ALL OF MY HARD FECKING WORK ON THE GODDAMN FLOOR.

He’d had enough. All week had led up to this.

Slamming his palm down on the table, the beanpole-ish boy scowled nastily at the girl at the table. “You’re sittin’ on my fecking manuscript, Aidsriane. Get yer silicone ass off of ‘em before I do it myself.”

Could he do anything? No. But he was pissed enough not to be thinking that right now.

All he was thinking was RAGERAGERAGE.

mood
PISSED

outfit
clothes

playing...
i wanna slam my head against the wall
by glaive​

mentions
ash, charlie, his roommates, chas, & maggie

interactions
adriane

tags
Winona Winona

º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:

Adriane Holloway

There wasn't much of anything to note regarding Adriane's past week. She'd attended the Arts Festival, passed it with flying colors (as she should've -- Adriane was an amazing model, after all), even managed to score a date to the Winter Ball, although it was just Dalton. So it wasn't really scoring. They were more going with each because, what, it was expected of people or whatever to attend with a date?

She would've been just as happy to attend her last ever Winter Ball alone. After all, Adriane did have a lot of fun in going to the dances alone and leaving with someone's boyfriend or girlfriend wrapped around her.

It was always hilarious to see their partner's face the following Monday. Either the anger, or the sadness, the tired eyes from crying away their weekend. Oh those were her favorite expressions. And then the guilt dripping from the partner she'd taken home. Ugh. It brought her so much joy.

Anyway, all of that aside, it was the following Saturday. Neither Chas nor JJ were at home today, so Adriane should've been back at the apartment enjoying the pleasant alone time, except that JJ's little bitchy dog hadn't stopped yapping all morning -- and no matter how many times Adriane threatened to turn it into a freaking fur trim, the little dog kept going. So before she lost, she'd grabbed her things and headed to the school.

It probably came as a surprise to know that there was something else going on in Adriane's head. After all, she was a model, and she didn't really delve into anything aside from that with her other classmates. The only person who really knew that she also had a hand at literature happened to be Chas.

And of course, one angry little stoner. Adriane had had the unfortunate mishap of being forced to sit behind Trevor when she was taking one of the literature classes as an elective. The disgusting little prick had always smelled horrible and his personality had always been drearily annoying. When Adriane had pointed out that he smelled, insulted how he had looked or something (she couldn't quite recall the exact words she'd used), a few of their peers had heard, proceeded to laugh, and she was pretty sure Trevor had hated her ever since.

Oh, and then there had been the group project, of course, which they'd been forced to work on together and that had just been the nail in the coffin.

When she'd arrived in the literature classroom to work on a story, she'd taken to her old seat. It was the best seat in the classroom, thank you very much, but she hadn't entered the room a lot in the last couple years, so it had been claimed... by someone else. Adriane hadn't bothered to look at the papers as she went to set them off the desk but -- oops -- she'd knocked most them to the floor. With a shrug, Adriane had slipped into the seat.

She'd peacefully managed to work for a while, until she heard the door to the classroom open. Adriane didn't even need to lift her head to see who had disgraced her with their presence. The choking scent of weed and middle school desperation was enough to make her wrinkle her nose as she kept her attention on her notebook.

For once, Adriane wasn't looking for a fight.

Unfortunately, (for the disgusting little leprechaun, not herself) her new companion seemed to be looking for a fight as he slammed his disgusting hand onto the table in front of her. Adriane pressed a hand over her mouth as she gagged and she looked up at his stupid little face, her upper lip curling back in disgust.

“You’re sittin’ on my fecking manuscript, Aidsriane. Get yer silicon ass off of ‘em before I do it myself.”

Very creative.

Wrinkling up her nose, Adriane leaned back in the seat, pulling the notebook and her pen into her lap so it was as far away from his sweaty little hands as possible.

"Did you wash your hands after you were finished jacking off to My Little Pony or whatever it is your into?" Adriane asked as she lifted her boots to rest on the desktop. And then in one quick motion, she brought the heel of her boot crashing down onto Trevor's hand.

"Keep your disgusting hands away from me. I don't want whatever diseases you're carrying around from your backwater country or whatever whore you bought for half of a cheap joint on the sidewalk." She said with a dismissive wave of her hand, before she tilted her head towards the papers scattered on the ground. "Your manuscript is down there. You put them at my desk, you absolute waste of fucking life."

Now, she kept her attention focused back on her notebook.

mood
ugh

outfit
something hot

playing...
Fuck You
by Lily Allen​

mentions
Dalton

interactions
Trevor

tags
ditto ditto

º º code by ditto º º

Alejandra Cortez
"I can’t focus on what needs to be done.”

@Realex has set their status to:
Keys?

@Realex has set their outfit to:
Something casual.

@Realex has interacted with:
Ava

@Realex has mentioned:
Naomi, Charlie, Simone

@Realex has tagged:
Winona Winona

Alex made a move to get up, both hands on the side of the crate, she halted at her words.

“No, don’t leave...”

Who was she to say no?

Correction: She couldn’t say no. The way she said it, the way her eyes shifted had only made her feel… it wasn't pity.

She didn’t want to stay just because she felt bad, because while Alex struggled to say no-- that’s just because she genuinely didn’t want to.

The thought of staying here until they both felt like facing the inevitable… it was better than nothing.

“I mean…”

You mean....

“You don’t have to leave, right? At least not until I feel like facing people.”

Alejandra thought about it for a moment, at least-- just for show. She had already made up her mind about hiding backstage with Simone, but she wasn’t about to make it look like she instantly said yes.

After lock in…

Alex didn’t want to make it seem like she was jumping the gun with her all because of an almost kiss.

Simone and Alex hadn’t been the same since.

Even when they shopped for Arts fest.

It was awkward.

Weird.

And full of uncertainty if the other felt the same. The same being-- incredibly uncomfortable but only because Alex was convinced Simone was uncomfortable.

Alejandra just settled further into the uncomfortable, oversized crate they were using as a chair.

“I don’t have to, no.”

Alex glanced over, a lopsided grin playing on the edge of her lips.

“But since you asked me so nicely…” She teased, her grin only getting wider.

Music had started playing from the stage, most likely from someone’s set and Alex was momentarily distracted from the sound before continuing.

“It’s pretty hard to say no to you.”

A week later, Alex found herself saying the same exact thing. Simone inviting her out was a really good chance for them to get back to normal.

She couldn’t just not take it.

Why wouldn’t she take the chance to mend her friendship?

After all, the reason why things were… odd was only because of… well, yeah. The almost kiss— but it was the heat of the moment.

Even though there wasn’t much heat, it was just… It was hard to explain.

But Alex didn’t like Simone.

She liked Naomi.

Naomi, the girl who hadn’t reached out for a whole week until today.

Alex had to admit she’d been nervous about it for quite a while, but there was absolutely no way she would have sent the first text.

“Is there a reason you’re setting this up in the living room?” She asked, gesturing behind her at Ava connecting her console to the TV.

Alex leaned away from the mirror, throwing an eyeliner pencil on the end table beside her.

Makeup wasn’t her thing and she wasn’t about to pretend like it was, a little bit under her waterline and she was fine.

She couldn’t just go out looking like she’d just woken up.

Okay, she could’ve but she wanted to look decent.

Concealer couldn’t help the slight dark circles that appeared onto her face. (It probably could’ve, but she lost the one she stole from that one photoshoot)

Alex’s sleeping habits weren’t the greatest in general, but especially now?

There was too many things on her mind.

Charlie being suspended for stealing the film— which, the blonde denies.

Alex didn’t blame her.

Not much at all, really.

If she’d done it— Or didn’t do it. That didn’t matter. If anything, she placed the blame on herself only.

Whether or not she’d been sleeping so late could’ve been tied to her self-guilt, possibly replaying the disaster of a play in her head over and over.

And don’t forget the conversation with the guidance counselor.

“That’s it. Right?”

“I’m not going to tell you to stop trying, Alex.”

“But?”

“They weren’t impressed.”

Alex almost laughed.

Who would be?

“Yeah? Well, what would impress them? Because i’ve been busting my ass for almost— what? Two, three years now? Just tell me what I’m doing wrong.”

Alex rubbed at her face, exasperated.

“Would someone please tell me what I’m doing wrong?!”

He didn’t say anything and that was enough for Alejandra. She shook her head, grabbed her bag hastily and left the room without another word.

It wasn’t anyone’s fault but her own.

She should’ve backed up the film herself.

Double checked.

Triple checked.

Quadruple.

“Have you seen my keys? I’m not really a fan of getting locked out tonight while you’re shooting and screaming a people.” Obviously, Alex was referring to the video game. Her roommate wasn’t a murderer.

Well, maybe secretly but so far, Alex is only mildly convinced of that fact.

“I’m going out with Simone, so I might not be home till late.”

Going out with Simone— and heading to Naomi’s place after because they were celebrating apparently.

What you ask?

The ball, of course.

Did I forget to mention that?

Sorry.

Alejandra Cortez had a date to the ball she didn’t plan on going to.

But since she’s going with Naomi Elizondo— it wasn’t even something she had to mull over.

No, she didn’t tell Ava that yet.

Maybe she wouldn’t… since the last time Naomi was brought up it didn’t go so well.

“I… uh, have a thing with Naomi too.”

She was excited.

Sue her.
º º code by ditto º º
-->

Dalton Kirby

You know what? The universe wasn’t a complete ass sometimes.

After the shit show that was the arts fest where the only good things to come out of it was securing a date to the ball and doing well enough on his last minute performance to get his advisor off his back, both of which weren’t actually good things which should tell you just how fucked up of a day it had been, today was actually smile-worthy and not a complete fucking mess.

Well it was still early in the morning and he had several hours to go, but most of those hours were going to be spent on the beach, catching waves and surfing. And anytime surfing was involved, it was always a good day, even if the company included the new guy who seemed to get on everyone’s last nerve, the cowardly Frenchman, the pathetically exiled Junior and his piss yellow loving whiny wuss of a follower. Not to mention, twitter had been positively explosive this morning.

The ex-besties had launched themselves at each other’s throats, hurling accusation after accusation in a show that featured the asinine Junior, always bitchy Jameson, the new guy with his talent for infuriating others and a cast of other insignificant figures not worth mentioning.

It had been an absolute riot to watch unfold. Really there was nothing that tickled his soul more than watching others lose their shit and suffer. It was fucked up how he delighted in the misery of others, but did he give a damn?

Not in the least.

There was little he actually gave a damn about. Just ask his old man who’d blown up his phone with unanswered messages and calls after he’d stuck to his word and refused to attend Miranda’s ‘precious’ little dinner to celebrate her precious little son.

Dalton had already lost count of how many of the messages involved some variation of a threat to cut him off financially. Honestly, it had been both hilarious and irritating to read. He might have taken whatever birthday gifts the old man had sent him like the new car he was now driving – the old man owed him that much for the fucked-up life he had served him – but he’d be damned if he ever touched a cent of his fucking money.

The fact that George Kirby even thought he was dependent on him to support himself was laughable. Dalton lived on his own money, that he earned from the modelling jobs he had worked. The apartment he shared with Michael Reid? The rent he paid for it?

All him.

So George could take his threats and his money and take a fucking hike.

If he wanted a little puppet son who would do whatever song and dance he demanded, then he could go and turn his attention to his beloved second wife’s darling son, after all, that rat was the one who was heavily dependent on his money.

It was basically his fucking life support and he would probably be dead in a ditch somewhere or rotting in jail if he didn’t have George’s money to bail him out every time he fucked up, which was daily. The brat was as worthless as his biological father.

Dalton had more important things to do than deal with this childish rubbish from his so-called father anyway, like get himself to the beach so he could hit the waves on his surfboard and have a fucking fantastic day.

The thought of showing up Junior in addition to indulging in his favourite pastime, (no it was not laughing at other people’s misery but surfing) made him even happier. The stupid LA traffic was starting to get on his nerves a little though. He had been stuck in the same spot for more than long enough. He wanted to be at the beach already, out of this shirt and on his board, catching the sun and waves.

When he finally pulled up in the parking lot near the beach, let’s just say it had put him in a slightly grouchier mood than he had been in when he left the apartment this morning. Grabbing his surf board from his car and stripping his shirt off and tossing it inside, he made his way down to the beach where it didn’t take long for him to spot one oversized baby and a scrawny stick that was stuck to him like seaweed.

“If it isn’t the loser crew,” he greeted, as he came to stop a short distance away from them, a smug look on his face, “ready to get your ass tossed around by the waves?”

What? This was him being civil and in a good mood. You couldn't have possibly expected anything different right?

mood
Time to catch some waves and crush some losers

outfit
swimming

playing...
song title here

by artist here​

mentions
Slater, Gen, Evie, Ezra, Auggie, JJ

interactions
Landon and Jace

tags
Winona Winona gh0stwriter gh0stwriter

"Goddess of Chaos"
Magnolia Darrington
@Rebel.lia.on has set their status to:
I've really gotta chill...

@Rebel.lia.on has set their outfit to:
About last night...

@Rebel.lia.on has set their location to:
Her Bedroom

@Rebel.lia.on has mentioned:
Josie

@Rebel.lia.on has interacted with:
Damien ( Winona Winona )
♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

Ok so maybe stepping on someone isn't the best start to a morning, but hey the groan of pain meant he was alive and that was the best feeling ever. A real bullet dodged because if not this might turn into one of those 'I know what you did last summer' horror flicks. Hiding dead bodies sounded fun in theory, but not in practice no matter what Josie might say. Though she wondered how Josie would react if she actually showed up at her door step with organs.

All that aside since he was in fact alive and kicking...well crawling more like it. He was moving very slowly. As he propped himself up Maggie did the same and finally got a good look at him to see if at least whoever she'd randomly brought home was decently cute. Turns out it was Damien of all people.

She had no real issues with Damien o anything and since Josie's birthday they've partied from time to time, but she didn't remember him at all from last night. She was pretty sure she was with strangers the whole time. Oh great that meant there were probably huge gaps in her memory. Perhaps she should stop getting so fucked up she blacked out...at least around strangers. Friends were fair game.

She also made a mental note to check herself over for any new tattoos, scars, ect. You know the usual drunken mistakes people tend to make. No rings on her finger. Sure this wasn't Vegas, but you never know when it comes to how hard Maggie can party especially when she didn't in the greatest of moods and she's partying to numb and distract herself rather then just have a good time.

As she wracked her brain trying to piece the night before together and where the hell he entered into it he apparently found himself a cigarette. It had to be his own because while Maggie didn't mind smoking cigarettes' they weren't her drug of choice, so she never owned any. More of a last resort if someone offers. He only regained her attention when he extended his hand to her to help her up. She hadn't even realized she was still just chilling on the floor.

She took his hand and got up noticing he had one between his lips. She didn't care if he smoked in her room, but honestly most people still asked before just lighting up. Then again this was Maggie and she wasn't naïve enough to think she didn't have a certain kind of reputation. It was finely crafted after all. She was too hung over to care either way. Plus he offered her one, so it was cool.

"Yah." She extended her hand a bit to get one, "Light me up too?" she asked still a bit groggily running her free hand into her thick curls and fluffing them up a bit.

She glanced around her room a second wondering if Newt was home out out and a bout. More importantly she was wondering what she could do to cure the munchies. "Wanna try and find something in the fridge?" She gestured with her thumb to her door.

Normally she'd just be trying to get the random man out of her room if she wasn't going to screw him, but this was a classmate not some stranger. So some niceties were in order she guessed.

Fuck she needed to regain some control of herself.

It was one thing to play her parents game, but it was another entirely to start actually going off the deep end. She didn't wanna actually end up needing like rehab or something, or dying.
º º code by ditto º º

Dangerously Soft
Amethyst Jones
@If.U.Seek.Amy has set their status to:
A lil Retail Therapy

@If.U.Seek.Amy has set their outfit to:
Cozy chic

@If.U.Seek.Amy has set their location to:
Apartment

@If.U.Seek.Amy has mentioned:
Trevor, Josie

@If.U.Seek.Amy has interacted with:
Charlie ( geminiy geminiy )
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗

Normally the bite in Charlie's words and tone would affect Amy because of course who wants their best friend to be snappy or mad at them? However not today. Not for the past week if she was honest. Amy took no heart to Charlie's words because she knew Charlie was going through it and was just lashing out. For once tho? She didn't blame her one bit for it. IF she needed to lash out and get allt hat out of her system then so be it. If it needed to be at Amy because she was the main person who wasn't going to leave Charlie's side right now then so be it. She could take it.

Amy knew that Charlie was probably going through one of the most, if not the most, devastating situations she could be in. She knew that any venom in her words weren't truly meant for her or from the heart. Well not the part of her heart that beats for her, but the broken pieces mourning the possibly lost of her dream.

She paid her tone no mind and didn't let it crack her cheerful demeanor. She entered the room anyways as usual and drew open the blinds to show Charlie she meant business. She was going to get up, she was going to get out of bed, and she was going to go back to trying to live her life one step at a time.

When she turned she saw Charlie has in fact at least sat up. She listened to her complaint, but once again it wasn't something Charlie hadn't been saying all week. "Because they didn't kick you out so you can still attend any school functions. I even looked it up." She hummed softly, but firmly, because...well she had. Charlie told her she couldn't meddle in the cyber side of figuring out what really happened, but said nothing about looking up the rules of the school.

Truthfully Amy didn't see why she was so against it. Sure Amy could get in trouble for tampering with school property, and hacking into their security footage to find video proof that Charlie wasn't where they thought she was. But that was only if they caught her. No offence but if they didn't have good enough security to do this themselves, or to protect against someone falsely logging into Charlie's account to erase the data to begin with then she had zero fear they'd be able to track her snooping around.

Still a promise was a promise.

Amy walked up towards the bed that Charlie had been basically glued to all week, "Plus I told you I took care of the rent problem for a bit, so that problem is solved." She assured her. Sure herself, Trevor, and Joise were still focused on saving up as much money as possible because tuition was still going to be a handful if this issue wasn't resolved before the start of the spring term. But as far as her being able to just stick it out and stay in LA with a place to stay? That was taken care of...even if she didn't wanna tell Charlie how.

Seeing her pull her legs up Amy silently sat on the bed with her. The tone of her voice, and facial expressions softened as she got closer to her platonic soulmate. It really was dreadful and heartbreaking to see her like this. All these years she'd never seen Charlie so defeated and dejected. she most certainly never saw her stay this way for so long. This year so far had been absolutely hell for her. Sure there were some ups, but overall Amy couldn't understand why everything was so awful this year. Charlie didn't deserve it, and karma owed them big time for this.

"Not to mention...you do deserve this. You deserve to have fun, you deserve to be here with us the ones who love and adore you. You've worked too hard all this time for you to go out locked up in your room. You don't believe any of that, but you do. And this school is going to owe you big time once they realize the giant fuck up they made by doing all this to you, and putting you through this." She spoke confidently because there was no doubt in her mind of Charlie's innocence and no doubt that justice would be served eventually.

"And you know I'll do whatever it takes to make sure of that."

She'd rather see this whole school go up in flames if needed.

Charlie had made her promise not to meddle till winter break, but that was under the assumption Charlie was going to keep fighting. If she wasn't she didn't really see a need to not meddle and find a solution for her friend. That last comment was her way of reminding her of that. That if she wasn't going to fight for herself then Amy would do so for her. It's dress shopping or snooping. Go big or go home as they say. Because honestly Amy truly didn't wanna be here if Charlie wasn't and for a reason like that. So let them catch her.

She scooted closer and wrapped both her arms around her best friend and gave her a tight reassuring squeeze. "I love you Charlie, so you know I wouldn't try to force you to do anything I didn't genuinely think would be for your own good." She pressed her forehead to the side of Charlies' head for a moment, "I can't begin to fathom what you're feeling, or how to make things feel or seem any better, but I promised I'd be here for you. I promise I'll be with you every step of the way. If you're still sleepy then we'll take a nap first, maybe run a hot bath? I'll make your favorite breakfast and then we can move forward from there."

She pulled back a bit and kicked off her boots, then took off the sweater she was wearing (she had on a regular black tank top under), then shook her hair and ruffled it up so it looked messy. "If you don't wanna go out all dolled up we can go out a hot mess together. I'll take out these contacts and dawn on my geeky as monster glasses grab an old school oversized t-shirt and some old tennis shoes and cat print sweatpants. No make-up just us as us and go to some super not popular mall or whatever no one will even recognize us."

"We promised not not give up till the end, so don't give up...please?"
she looked at her begging. She needed to understand that even if everyone else turned their back on her, if the world was against her that Amy wasn't someone she could shake. She was going to be here through the storm and every ugly painful pieces that with or after it.

Whoever set this up was probably relishing in all this and they didn't deserve to think they'd won. They didn't deserve to get to feel like they destroyed her. Charlie had so many people on her side through this if only she'd get out of bed and see. She had more allies then enemies even if her tunnel vision didn't let her acknowledge it.
º º code by ditto º º

"Queens without Kings are historically better"
Naomi Elizondo
@MiniMimi has set their status to:
Just gonna chill out for a bit

@MiniMimi has set their outfit to:
Casual

@MiniMimi has set their location to:
Home

@MiniMimi has mentioned:
Alex, Eli, Nate

@MiniMini has Interacted with:
Bailey ( qunqun qunqun )
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽

Welp she did it. After some encouragement from the most unlikely of sources she actually ended up performing her second piece for the Arts fest. Who knew Nate and Eli would be the combination to give her the strength she needed and push to do something like perform her music in front of a crowd? It was wild because the only thing Nate had ever helped her with is getting laid and smoking.

To be fair all he did this time was help get her high enough to relax. That still counted in her eyes, because if she hadn't then...there would've been no convicting her of anything because she'd be too busy hyperventilating or beating up more vending machines.

Then there was Eli who she bumped into by accident and being the saint he is could tell something was up. It was weird since it's not like they were friends, but Eli was just so intuitive of people's feelings she guess. After explaining to him what was going on he helped give her the support and encouragement she needed. That lil extra 'I believe in you' boost. Something she didn't realize is what she needed to hear.

It was kinda surreal, even if performed is a bit loose interpretation of what she did. She mostly just stood there stone still and sang. She didn't move around, or dance, or any of those extra things that make a performance sell. Then again she wasn't doing this to sell. In fact she made it perfectly clear that this song was NOT for sale. She just wanted people to hear her music for what it was originally meant to be just once.

That and going anything extra would've probably made her faint from either embarrassment or stress...maybe both.

Thankfully it was a decently small crowd because while she had a big fan base, it was so last min. not many people had the chance to try and make it.

Odly enough the first person she wanted to call after it was over wasn't any of her family...it was Alex. Which was stupid cause WHY? Yah sure they were friends, but she didn't feel the instant urge to call any of her other friends. Not even the two who helped her not suffer a serious mental break down today.

Ok, maybe Naomi should stop lying to herself as if she doesn't know the reason why. It was getting old even for her, and even her denial couldn't run that strong. However if she couldn't deny it anymore that meant she had to face it, and deal with it. Something she didn't want to do, or know exactly HOW to do.

So instead she'd hermited herself away in her room anytime not actively in school the whole week. Sure she'd kinda heard about all the other drama from the day which she missed from being completely MIA via social media the entire day. Honestly She stayed off social media for most of the week. She just locked herself away from the world needed the space and escape from the realization of what she'd done at the Festival as well as things with Alex.

Was ignoring your crush for a while week smart? No, but Naomi has never claimed to be intelligent in any form.

She was surprised over the next week to get emails and offers for her song considering she said it wasn't for sell and how badly her performance must have been. She was even more surprised when one of those offers wasn't to buy it from her, but to record her version of it with HER voice. It was insane. Someone saw that dumpster fire performance and thought...you know what? Let's make MORE of that. It had to be a troll, or some sort of joke. She couldn't perform, so what was the point? She was in the Lit dept. for a reason.

This wasn't her thing, just the words were...but her cousin and father told her that'd it'd be good for her to get out of her comfort zone. Big words coming from her cousin who uses a fake name to publish his work still and hasn't ventured from his 'comfort zone' ever.

She finally decided that the best way to sort through the madness was to hang out with someone. A friend that was outside all this, and would either serve as a great distraction or offer some sound insight. Like an actual friend without all the extra things attached like intimacy (past or present). Zero baggage, which...sadly she realized scrolling through her phone she didn't have many of.

She couldn't tell if that was sad or not?

Her eyes landed on Bailey's name and a hang out was planned. Maybe they could help make sense of her somehow suddenly complicated life. Naomi prided herself in all four years here staying out of drama, so to blink and be in the thick of this? Even if it wasn't as big as a lot of her peers, drama was weird. She wanted to go back to just being that chill laid back stoner chick who was super unattached to people and dtf if the mood was right no strings. Yah that's the label for her.

She heard the door and hopped up to answer the door with a casual smile on her face, "Hey, yah no problem." She gave a lil shrug and moved out of the way to let them in, "Make yourself comfortable." She added before closing the door behind them.

"I've been fine. A lot has happened, but nothing like...bad? So that's a thing." She chuckled, "You?" She asked walking around trying to find where she put the box with her blunts in it. "Wanan smoke? Snacks?" She asked casually as she looked.
º º code by ditto º º

victoria shantel sterling​

“Can’t.”

Tori blinked. “They’re cookies.” She scoffed softly, rolling her eyes and letting out a soft snicker. “What do you mean you can’t?” She reached into the bowl, holding up a cookie. “Mm, see. Fresh. Tasty.” Perfect for making up with your big sister.

Beth wouldn’t pry her damn eyes away from her phone. “I’m about to go out with Spencer.”

Tori dropped the cookie into the bowl, a stunned look on her face. “What?

“I promised to show him all around the town, so unless this is something important…I should really probably get going.”

What?!

No, no. Deep breaths, Victoria. Cool, calm, and collected. It was the name of the game.

She could demand an explanation after this. And she would demand an explanation after this.

This...just came first right now.

She breathed in deeply, setting the bowl on the desk near the door. She turned back to Beth, and she walked across the floor to stand in front of her. “Beth,” she said, “will you at least look at me?” She reached forward and put her hand on the back of her sister’s phone. Her brows knit upward. “Please?”

She stared at her for a moment with pleading eyes, then huffed softly, dropping her hands to her thighs. “Listen,” she said, still looking into her face and hoping that she would at least effing look at her, “I just — I just want to talk to you, Beth. This is important.” She pursed her lips, staring at her little sister for another couple of seconds before turning around and backing up to sit herself down on the corner of Beth’s bed.

She reached out to touch her sister’s shoulder. “Beth. Will you please look at me? Please? You’ve…you’ve literally been ignoring me all week.” She breathed out a long sigh. “Please, just a second. Just hear me out, and then…I’ll…” She knit her eyebrows, trying to think of something. “I don’t know,” she sighed. “That necklace you wanted to have from my jewelry box a couple of years ago, I’ll let you wear it.” She studied Beth’s reaction, and then she corrected herself: “I’ll…let you…have it?”

Breathing out a sigh, she reluctantly added, “And…I’ll…leave you alone, too.” She sighed. “I’ll stop bugging you. You won’t see any more sticky notes anymore. You won’t have to listen to Justin Bieber on loop again. Just…please?” Her brows knit together, and she pursed her lips. “Please,” she repeated, “just talk to me. Or — or just let me talk or whatever. Please? And listen?”

mood
hi

outfit
something casual

playing...
be nice to me
by the front bottoms​

mentions
spencer

interactions
beth

tags
Winona Winona

º º code by ditto º º

MOOD:
Regret

OUTFIT:
Something Swimmy

basics
MENTIONS:
Dalton, Landon, Jace

INT:
Ez geminiy geminiy

tags
TL;DR: Last week was crazy, huh? Let's never talk about it again
tl;dr
Auguste

So. Auguste may or may not have had a slight lil panic once he got home from “Whatever That Was” as he had dubbed it in his head. He was a man of dualities first and foremost - you got the coward who was scared of everything, slightly sarcastic, stayed in his spot and never moved. And you got the passion and the rage and all the emotions he kept locked away in a cellar. He really did try to keep that internal sense of calm through everything - but sometimes… Sometimes he couldn’t quite manage and then things like the night of the Arts Fest happened where he’s just all feeling and passion and fire and it felt so fucking good to finally let loose a little bit.

It was dangerous. He had gotten addicted to that feeling once before. He couldn’t let it happen again.

Auguste had been exceedingly polite after, gotten Ez a nice little glass of water. Took a shower, declined the drive home. Nobody was going to try to mug him - 6’7 behemoth and all that. He’d just been giving his friend an out if he wanted it. But made sure that he was playing extra nice because he was DEFINITELY freaking out a little bit. He had made himself a cup of tea and stared at the opposite wall of his bedroom for a very long time, trying to process what had happened.

Auguste had quietly declined from ever mentioning that happened ever again. But hey, their friendship seemed to stay intact enough for Ez to at least pick him up for surfing.

He was sure it was fine. Positive, even. It was great. Auguste waited for his buddy to pull up for their surfing trip. As far as he could tell, it was Ez, JaceDalton, and Landon that he’d be spending his time with. Ez - who he fucked. Dalton - who seemed absolutely terrifying thank you. Landon - who had actually been really nice to him so far but was also one of Ez’s conquests. Jace - just... Jace.

This was going to end in him drowning, he could already tell. It was just one of those horrible sounding set ups to something absolutely awful happening.

Auguste began plucking at a couple of strings, trying to drum up some sort of creativity. Instead of there being a block, there were too many ideas. Too many at once. He was going to get another notebook soon of the amount of songs he was producing - most of them were crap but… well, he was getting it all out of his system for another round of ballet.

He watched the outside window and watched the truck roll up. Auguste flew out of his room, grabbing his towel bag on his way out, guitar discarded on the bed as he slammed the bedroom door behind him. It was probably for the best to get to the door before Ez could ring the doorbell. The idea of him doing his… Ez thing with Nate was absolutely terrifying. Or God forbid Beel. For the most part, Auguste knew his place - he didn’t owe Ez anything and Ez didn’t owe him anything. And Auguste didn’t really do jealousy - he really tried to find something inside of him that objected to Ez blatantly flirting with other people in front of him (like Tori) and found nothing at all. Not a single sliver of emotion - just mild awkwardness. But… Ez fucking one of his roommates? Or getting one of his roommates pissed off? Yeah that was crossing some sort of boundary that Auguste didn’t want to find out he had.

So he ran to the door, only slowing down to amble out the front door. As casually as he could. He stooped into the truck, putting his bag at his feet.

“Salut.” Something simple and easy. His arm rested against the side, a finger found its way around a white lock of hair. He tried to not show his agitation as much as he felt, the pit of anxiety inside of him. How was he supposed to start a conversation: “Yooooo last time we saw each other we fucked and then I ducked out of your life so how’ve you been”

If only it was that easy. He could hear the cold disinterest in his voice as he spoke. “How have you been.”

He wasn’t doing it on purpose but… Well, nerves tended to make him shut down any kind of emotional response. The gap between them that had been carefully bridged seem to gape large and threateningly. Farther apart than they’d ever been.

“I have… been working on a new project.” Something like that, he was trying to make new music - something that was actually releasable. That meant that his perfectionism was going crazy. “I’m pretty happy with how it’s turning out so far… I think it’s going to be… something good.”

A small fluttery fake smile. He released the curl of hair that he’d been winding around his finger. And then winding another lock of hair.

And then silence. This was fun. His attention turned to the window. “... I hope that surfing doesn’t require heights, that’s one of my actual fears. Landon says he brings alcohol and weed but…” He trailed off.

“Yeah.”
code by valen t.

Corey & Amy

((The following is a flashback scene between Corey and Amy that's set during the end of Arts Fest))

As Corey went through the madness of the crowd, he had to find an aggression from within to just get through multiple people pushing him aside. He slid between some and had to forcibly shove some a few inches to the side so he could. Usually, Corey was the kind of person who'd wait for others to move along, but he was a man on a mission and when Corey was dedicated on completing a task, regardless how he seemed on the outside, he always found a way to get it done.

His mission was to find Maddie, but part of that problem was he didn't know where she was. It had been some time since he last saw her during his performance. Maybe at least half an hour and he felt like he was going in circles in the celestial theater. Between going from the visuals stage to the dance, and back to lit, Corey had no idea where to find her. And he tried sending her a text, but he couldn't get a reply fast enough. Or if he did, he couldn't find where she was.

It was exhausting, to say the least. And not just physical exhaustion because he was walking all around without much of a break, but the frantic, somewhat overthinking began to set in.

Somewhere between then, he was starting to worry he'd never find her and the worry that maybe she might've already left, Corey found himself backstage again. He didn't know why he wound up in the music side of the theater, but he figured maybe she was around. He didn't know why Maddie would, but that was always a possibility, right?

But as he wandered backstage, Corey did so into a dressing room where he figured nobody was. He went inside anyway, but before he'd knock on it, he heard something from inside. He didn't bother knocking and went inside, only to discover someone sitting on a bench. They were hunched over somewhat and Corey couldn't tell who it was. Their dark hair covered most of their face, but he knew that they weren't doing good because she was crying.

And then when it became obvious that Corey startled her, it was then he realized it was Amy. For all rights, Amy was someone Corey had always had a great opinion about. He didn't know her on a super personal level. Like they didn't run in the same circles and he wouldn't say that they were best friends, but in the time she's been at HA, Corey has always enjoyed her company and her smile.

But it seemed her smile was taking a vacation and Corey instinctively closed the door. "Amy--" Corey walked over and took a seat beside her. "Are you okay? What's wrong?"

Amy had finally made her way back to her dressing room after spending some time with Remi. While she was happy while she was with him the ecstasy and adrenaline that was coursing through her from it and her performance was now gone as she took her first breathe alone all day.

As she slowly made her way to her vanity to pack up her things her smile slowly faded and her movements dragged as the heaviness of the day started to take hold of her mind. Today had been...a lot.

While the stress and anxiety of performing was now gone, it was replaced with her self doubt wondering if it really was enough. As confident as she felt in it what if in the end after all that hard work it wasn't enough to land a spot on the tour, what if it wasn't enough to prove her point to everyone. what if she still failed? Would she then have to admit that maybe everyone else was right all along? That being who she was as she was simply didn't cut it.

The seemingly never-ending internal struggle was already enough to make her always seemingly on the verge of a mental and emotional breakdown. The thin veil of fear from her peers and scrutiny they'd bombard her with if she ever showed too much weakness in front of them was the main barrier keeping her at bay. Between that and the hallow healing, she's received the past few months from the shattering of not just her heart but her trust in herself and other around her it's a miracle she's still in her right mind. If you can even call the daily grind she's forced herself to be accustomed to as her right mind.

Because while she loves her friends and knows they'd be there for her if she did break...that's what it seemed to take. It would take her breaking down for them to see just how not ok she was. Was it because she was that great of an actress or because their own lives where full of their own personal turmoil and demons right now she didn't know. Between Trevor's secret girlfriend, and Charlie possibly getting kicked out and scholarship removed it was hard to see her problems as being a priority.

Did that stop the tears from silently rolling down her cheeks as she finally sat down in front of the mirror? Nope.

She tried to give herself a mental pep talk when she felt her eyes sat to water, but once the first tear fell it was over. She knew she needed to stay inside for a bit to let just a little bit of this out. She couldn't exactly go back outside to Remi and her friends and possible interviewers with tears in her eyes now could she?

She was so lost in her thoughts she didn't notice Corey come in. Luckily it was Corey and not someone worse. When he got close enough and finally spoke to her it sent a jolt up her spine. She quickly tried to clear her face by whipping her eyes with her hands and giving a nervous laugh shaking her head, "I-I'm fine. I'm sorry don't mind me. Did you need the room?" She just rattled off sentences without any real thought behind them just trying to collect herself and look less of a mess.

"Oh no, you don't have to leave." Corey shook his head in a way that made it clear that he didn't. "Maybe I should.." The thought persisted for a few seconds until Corey shook his head again, making sure to refocus everything on Amy. There was a reason he had subconsciously rushed to this room. "I just heard you crying and, I don't know, I wanted to make sure you were okay." He looked at her, offering her some form of a comforting smile.

Amy Stopped a moment to look at him carefully. Corey wasn't like most of the assholes of the school so when he said something she took his word for it. "No, wait..." she replied almost instinctively. "I see...I didn't realize I was being loud. I'm good now. It's just been a rough few months you know?" She explained vaguely hoping he understood the sentiment even if not the details. She offered back her own weak but genuine smile in return for his own. "You?" She asked politely feeling the need to fill the space.

"Yeah, I know what you mean." Honestly, Corey knew exactly what she meant. Even if he didn't know what she was specifically going through, there was no doubt in his mind that they both have been experiencing their own troubles. And truth be told, Corey didn't need to know. He'd listen, of course, if she wanted to talk to him about it. But he wasn't the type to pry and he wouldn't, especially since he knew he hated when others did that to him. "I'm doing as good as I can. I'm just glad today is over. I feel so mentally exhausted." Corey expelled a small sigh, looking at Amy.

Amy nodded feeling a bit better that someone was empathizing with her instead of telling her how to feel. Perhaps that was because he didn't really know what all was happening. "You can say that again." She hummed softly. "I kinda wanna just hid in here for a bit longer before having to go out there and face everything, and everyone again." She admitted looking up at him. "You're welcome to join me if you want? we can take a lil break together." She painted a smile on her lips. If she stayed in here alone she'd probably just wind up in tears again. Maybe having a friend would make it easier to calm down and re-focus enough to face the masses.

Corey found himself laughing, if not just a little nervously. The fact that they were both in a similar position of not wanting to face someone made him smile and he took a seat next to her. Maybe it was a sense of kinship he was feeling with Amy, but after what happened with his family and Adri, Amy was seeming like the ideal company.

As he sat, Corey was trying to think of something to say because the silence was beginning to be painful, but then he saw the shine under eyes."Uh.." Corey reached into his pocket and pulled out a packet of handkerchiefs. They were white and unopened. "Here..I mean, in case you need them. I always carry extras in case I need them, but.." He extended his hand and placed it next to her. "But..yeah." He smiled, unsure what else to say.

Amy took this moment of relative peace to just catch herself, and take a breath. The world was going crazy outside those doors, but in here? In here she could act like the pause button had been pushed. The silence was only slightly awkward due to the fact that they both knew something was up with the other yet couldn't really help in any way. All they could do was be here.

She turned when he finally broke the silence to offer her a packet of handkerchiefs. She couldn't help the slight giggle that escaped her lips as she softly shook her head but accepted them anyways, "Thanks. That's interesting." She looked up at him, "You carry these around? You really are a gentleman." She smiled sadly thinking on her father for a moment who does the same. She opened up the packet and dabbed her eyes to make sure they were completely dry before looking him in the eyes, "How do I look?" She painted on her best fake smile.

Corey didn't know if he was blushing, but his cheeks felt hot for some reason. Was it Amy's comment? Surely it wasn't, or maybe that's what he wanted to believe. He's been complimented before, but something about this was different. Or maybe it was just that something in the air made Corey think that. He honestly didn't know, but at her comment, he smiled. And not just a regular smile like when Maddie would express how much she liked whatever he made for dinner, or that fake smile he put on whenever he was with people that were either friends with Adriane or she was nearby. It was a genuine, what-the-fuck-is-happening kind of smile.

And then she asked him how she looked. What was it about this that made him feel so tense and weird? Corey had no idea, honestly and he examined Amy's face, his lips quivering as he kept smiling at her. "You look good..." He said in a low tone, so he cleared his throat, "I-I mean, yeah you look great! All dry and perfect!" For a few seconds, Corey mulled over his last words. "Not that you look dry. I mean, your skin looks..great, really! A-and smooth-looking. And pretty, too!" Great, Corey's panic mode had been initiated.

Amy started to feel herself relax at his smile because well...once you accept how weird this situation is, it was oddly more comforting. Two of the so-called "nicest" people in the school were both in some shitty situation they were trying to hide away from together. IT was weird and movie-esque but Amy couldn't find any fault in it. Plus Amy had always wondered what it'd be like to hang out with Corey...just better circumstances.

She continued to giggle and her smile warmed from its plastic originally awkward form to something more genuine. She brushed her bangs out her face and behind her ear. "It's ok I know you don't mean anything bad by it." She chimed trying to calm his nerves and placed her other hand on his shoulder, "Relax. I just wanted to make sure I didn't still look like I was on the verge of tears. But seems you've been a great remedy for that, so thank you." She bit her lips slightly, "I wish I could help you in return some way."

Corey slightly shook his head."You don't have to do anything. I'm just glad that you seem to be feeling better." A few seconds after he spoke, Corey had just realized that her hand was on his shoulder. Maybe it was that his attention had been elsewhere that he didn't realize she had placed it there or just that he was terrible at multitasking, but once he did he felt the hotness on his face increase a bit more. Why was he feeling as though he was getting that familiar embarrassed feeling? "I just hope that whatever happened doesn't. You know, cause you have always been someone that shouldn't have anything bad happen to you." Without even realizing it, Corey put a hand on Amy's and he was looking at her. At the same time, his heart tha-thumped so loud he thought it was going to burst out of his chest.

She was kinda glad to hear him say that because it eased the pressure too something, but it still didn't ease the guilt of being unable to. She didn't like when people helped her out and she couldn't do anything in return. She made a mental note to do something kind for him after all this was settled as a thank you. "Yah, I guess I just needed a minute away from people who know everything."

She swallowed gently as he spoke again. She wondered if maybe she wasn't as good of a person as everyone said because if so then why did all this bad karma shit happen to her? She didn't feel like she was the cause, but when everything keeps crashing? You are the common denominator. "You too you know. I think you've always been someone who does their best to be good to others, so just remember to be kind to yourself too." She hummed giving solid advice that she couldn't follow herself. But then again she thought Corey was a much better person then herself. People like him and Eli were just peak golden, wholesome, kind-hearted people. She felt his hand on top of hers and felt like maybe she was doing a good job of being reassuring him that things would be ok. She stretched out her other arm to offer him a hug feeling like she should probably be heading back out soon before Remi started to worry.

When they hugged, Corey felt most, if not all, of the tension that had been building inside start to release itself. It was hard for him to process it and even moreso in trying to explain it to himself. It felt nice, being in her arms, being here, and being away from just about everyone else. The solitude was refreshing, but Amy's comments about him always wanting to do right by people and that he should show himself that same kindness, there was something about the way she said it that made him fixate on it. Like it was something he needed to hear.

And when they pulled away, maybe Corey's mind made it seem like time froze or just the air around them was different, but before Corey could act, he leaned in. And before he could tell himself to stop, his lips were pressed against her's. For a few seconds, they lingered, but time resumed and he pulled away, the apologetic expression on his face working overtime. "Amy I--" He paused and stood up. He didn't know how or why that happened. His mind raced through a million of thoughts and reasons. "--I don't know what..I'm sorry." He looked at her, stepping back. He was so confused why he did that.

The hug felt really nice, like closure you know? Like at least most of the anxieties she'd been worried about really could be a thing of the past and she could let her guard down. She was glad there were people like Corey around this school. Someone who even if you aren't the greatest of friends still can have your back and make you feel better when this industry and school really makes you feel like giving up.

...That was until after they pulled away his lips swooped in and met hers. Amy froze in confusion. Had...had she missed something? Had this been him flirting the whole time and she just didn't realize it? Had she seemed like she was flirting and didn't realize it? She just couldn't compute, it was like her brain went into error mode. Corey didn't like her right? No that couldn't be it they literally hardly spoke to one another. They didn't hang out around one another. They both had great and similar reputations, but you can't fall for a reputation can you?

By the time her brain was able to process what had happened apparently reality set in for him too because he pulled away and his face did not like the face of someone who finally kissed the girl he wanted. Nope it was the face of regret in Amy's eyes. Which....only served to further confuse her. If he didn't like her why had he done it? Was Amy just everyone experimental "Hey I wanna see what it's like to kiss or be with a 'good girl' type" or something? Or a "Hey Amy's nice and pretty, why the fuck not? let's give it a try?" It was baffling and as he began to speak the pit of her stomach tightened up.

He immediately stood up and started backing away from her as he spoke, but her body still wouldn't move eyes wide in confusion and slight fear. Her mind was having a hard time even registering what he was saying. Luckily enough his face spoke volumes. "Corey...I can't...I...I'm...I know you wouldn't know but I'm not really...single, but why would you?" She finally looked up at him with pleading confused eyes, begging for some kind of reasonable answer. For some justification for why? Cause otherwise if Remi finds out he'd have his head and be pissed at her probably.

"I...don't know.."

As the line between confusion and panic began to blur, Corey found himself pacing back and forth in small steps, hands fidgeting at his side. He was murmuring various words, trying to piece together what just happened. Why did he kiss Amy? Was it just because they were in a vulnerable place? Was it him wanting to forget about everything that happened? Maybe it was more than that. Maybe this didn't have anything to do with that and he felt something between him and Amy?

What? No, that wasn't it. Corey didn't like Amy like that. Not that she wasn't an amazing person, because she absolutely was. She wasn't that person for him. And she wasn't single? Great! That's just great. So, on top of kissing someone who wasn't expecting it, you kissed someone who isn't single? Corey wasn't that guy. He may have this weird habit of being involved with some girls at the school that you'd least expect him to (Gen, Adri, and if things went his way, Maddie), but he wasn't someone who was part of a cheating scenario -- intentionally or not. He wasn't that kind of guy that went after taken girls. He...just wasn't.

As he stopped pacing, Corey's back was against the door and he was looking at Amy."I'm sorry...I don't know why I just did that, Amy.." He started to slowly bang his head against the door. "I didn't mean to do it. It just sort of...happened." He knew he wasn't making any sense, but what else could he say? He didn't know why he did it and now he was regretting it.

That...wasn't helpful.

She could see in his body language that the answer he gave was the best one he could come up with and that there was genuine regret. However that didn't help their situation because without a cause, how were they to figure out a solution? Was there a solution to this?

God, he looked so panicked and just...like he needed a hug. However, considering how the last hug went she decided against it. He paced all around and eventually landed at the door pulling a move she recognized as classic Trevor of bumping his head against the door. She still hadn't moved tho, she just sat and watched his downward spiral because...what else was she do to? She didn't know him well enough to know how to comfort him, and if she had in fact sent him mixed signals through trying to comfort him up until this point she didn't want to do that AGAIN.

He spoke up again and it was the same answer making her feel like this was kind where they were going to be stuck at. She finally stood up and walked over to him. She reached out to place a hand on his back, but pulled back just before she touched him and instead bit her thumb, " U-uh. It's...it's going to be ok Corey. You clearly didn't, you know, mean it so...." She sighed and closed her eyes, "We can just pretend it didn't happen." As the words left her lips she hoped she wouldn't live to regret it.

"Forget it happened?" Corey repeated back, looking up at Amy. "Y-yeah, we can do that--" He found himself pausing and forced a weak smile on his face, "--I can do that." Deep down he was probably lying to himself. Forgetting something like this ever happened wasn't easy for Corey, not for him who remembered just about every mistake he made. Not that this was s mistake. He didn't regret coming to Amy's aid when she was in need of someone to talk to, but he didn't think a kiss would result in that.

Maybe this is what he gets for burying down his unresolved feelings for Maddie, as well as her being with Jared. Maybe this was why he did it. He felt needed and even though he wished he hadn't, part of him thought it was...nice. Or was that just the residual adrenaline talking? He didn't know, but he had to go along with it. "I'm...just sorry. I mean, for making things awkward between us. And about your boyfriend."

Hearing him repeat her words she opened her eyes back to look at him apologetically knowing that it wasn't the best answer, or even an easy feat. She also would probably be thinking about this on repeat for the next week at least. Just trying to process what actually happened, and trying not to feel like she was to blame for it. Where should she have drawn the line? What should she have done better, to save both of them this guilt.

"O-ok then." She swallowed hard unsure what to say. Brightside? He wasn't a bad kisser, even if it's not like it was long or anything. And he wasn't some jackass who would hold this over her and make her feel like a piece of shit. He wouldn't go spreading rumors or talking shit about her. This didn't change the fact he was a good guy...that they were both good people right?

"I know." She pressed her lips together in a tight smile, "I uh...I think we can you know move past this. I mean I don't think anything you know negative about you or anything!" She wanted to assure him she wasn't mad. Hella confused, but not angry. "And it's not like you knew since most people don't. Tho he's not my boyfriend officially just yet, so you know this is..." She trailed off hoping this didn't count as cheating. She didn't intend for this, or plan it, or like return the kiss by like making out with him or anything. It was just an unexpected peck...right? "Fine..." she just hopes she didn't wind up making his day worse in the process. They were supposed to be making each other feel better not adding to the problems, "I-I'm sorry if I um...made things worse for you now. I didn't mean to." She sighed.

Her last comment brought Corey out of the self-wallowing and regret-induced panic he found himself in. "Huh? What? No, you didn't do anything wrong!" Corey stated, squarely looking into Amy's eyes. "I'm the one who is at fault. I went in for the kiss and I made it awkward. So, please don't blame yourself for anything, Amy. It's all on me." Corey didn't want to grab her hand because of obvious reasons, so he just hoped his eyes did all the assuring. "Truth is, I'm kinda messed up," he admitted, chuckling as he was back to staring at his feet. "I'm hung up on someone. Like so bad that it hurts. And she's with someone right now. Like, you know, officially?" He raised his head back up to look at Amy. "It's hard, you know? Falling for your best friend and not sure where you land in her life because she's with someone else."

Why he was admitting this now, of all times, escaped him but Corey needed to spill the beans to somebody. It has been eating up at him for so long and he just needed to say it out loud to someone.

While it was nice to hear this wasn't her fault, that wouldn't stop the insecure self loathing that Amy had be come accustomed to in her own mind. She was of course her own worst enemy. She could however pretend like it helped and like she believed it because she had a lot of practice shoving those feelings away the past three years being here.

What he said next she didn't expect at all. He was in love with his best friend who was dating someone else? She couldn't really begin to even guess because once again they didn't know each other that well...but maybe that was better. Clearly he needed to get this off his chest, so despite her better judgment and what had just happened she stayed to listen and be here for him to do just that. "I've never fallen for my best friend, but I do know how it feels to fall for someone and they choose someone else." She looked to the side in thought, "It's rough..." She trailed off before looking back at him, "But I would think at least since they are your best friend that even if you don't know where you land in her life...you're still in it. And an important part at that."

She couldn't even hope for that with her past relationships. She couldn't hope to be a part of Dei or Nate's life anymore. There was no place for her. Even if all the hurt and pain and confusion finally settles like everyone seems to think it will...she can't go back. There's no room for her. "You aren't as replaceable as a nobody, so maybe try to take some solace in that til either she sees you in a similar light or you fall for another. Both cases you get to keep her for life."

Corey allowed himself to show a genuine smile. He appreciated that Amy didn't ask about Maddie because he wasn't sure if he was ready to admit that yet; he was just happy that he could admit that given what just happened. "Thank you...I guess I just should remember that she's my best friend.." Corey knew that was easier said than done, but as his surname implies, he'll just press on. "I think...I'll try and find her. She should still be around. I mean, will you be okay?" Corey asked, though as to why he'd imply on staying after what just happened between them was beyond him.

Amy offered a small soft smile in return. She really didn't know how much good she'd done in this whole very unexpected situation, but she hoped more good then bad? "No problem." She hummed and nodded as he spoke about going to find her. She really needed to get going herself, "Yah! I need to get back to my friends, I'm all good now." She chimed even if it was a lie. She was significantly better then she was when he originally walked in, but 'all good' was stretching it. "Thanks again, you know for checking in on me." She smiled before grabbing the handle of the door and opening it. "See you around." She waved as casually as possible since with the door open she needed to be back on her best performance. Tho hopefully there wasn't any press or media right outside the door, cause that'd be a whole new problem.

playing...
song
by singer​

this post was made in collaboration with
natsukashii natsukashii Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202

mentions
Maddie, Jared, Evie, Nate, Dei

º º code by ditto º º

Spencer Gray

(tw: suicidal thoughts and behavior, dark, depressive mental head space)

Spencer couldn’t think of a festival he had attended or taken part in that he hadn’t enjoyed, and so far, arts fest had kept that streak intact.

Knowing that he had another opportunity to perform at the festival next year was exciting and kept a smile on his face. He would have more time to prepare for that performance and a year of studies at HA under his belt by then. Just imagining the possibilities and how much better he could be, it left him itching to dance.

Today though, he had a little something different on the agenda. No dancing, at least no long hours in the studio working away at his craft, perfecting routines and moves or crafting them. Today he was supposed to go on a tour of the city with Beth, socialising and exploration.

Honestly so far, he had a lot of that, more than he thought he would really. It wasn’t like he had been planning on living as a social recluse, a total slave to dance and nothing else, but well, if you asked him weeks ago, he would have told you that by now he would have made maybe an acquaintance or two, possibly even a friend, most likely from dance and attended maybe one social event.

It wasn’t that he had planned to avoid socialising or interacting with others completely, but he’d just thought that dance would take up a lot more of his time. After all that was what he had come to this school and left behind half his family for. Not that he was saying it was a bad thing that he had socialised and made more friends than he expected.

That wasn’t it at all.

Spending time at the arts festival with Maggie had been fun and made an enjoyable day even more so, same with lock in where he had first met Beth and made today’s plans. And then the foam party Maggie had invited him to.

Not something he would have typically gone to but then Ez was having a guest over and he hadn’t wanted to intrude on whatever it was his brother had been doing, and Maggie happened to make the offer. He had kind of guessed at what a foam party involved but whatever he had pictured definitely didn’t compare to the reality of what he ended up seeing.

Put simply, it was a lot… a lot more than he had expected. Of everything. More foam, more wild, more loud and more alcohol.

Maybe he had just been out of touch since the last party he had attended that wasn’t just family or a more formal gathering was well…a Christmas party with his friends back in New Zealand last year. There had been Sheryl’s birthday party that happened after that, but…

...he had been so late for that one, he might as well have not shown up at all…

Anyway, at the foam party, he’d met several other students, watched how they partied largely from the safety of a seat he had found. Maggie who had invited him, looked in her element at the party, she was social butterfly, effortlessly making her rounds and bouncing from one person to another.

When he saw her like that, it had almost been hard to believe that the same girl had told him that music was the only time she felt heard, because it seemed like wherever she went, she found a way to fit in, a way to be heard. But appearances could be deceiving, even when one seemed fine, there was always the possibility of tiny cracks lurking beneath the surface, barely visible unless one looked hard enough, sometimes ignored even when the cracks had become large enough for people to notice.

It had been one amongst many things he had seen and made observations about that night, and there had been a lot to see and hear. Like the boy who nearly got murdered by JJ when she first launched her heel at him for something he said that Spencer would, for the sake of any children who might read this, not repeat, and then went after him with a knife before another girl thankfully pulled her away.

Witnessing that near tragedy unfold, Spencer had done something he never thought he would ever do in his life; Be thankful that someone was drunk.

Anyway, that more disastrous and wild side of the foam party aside, Spencer had also, over the course of the night, become acquainted with a bubbly young blonde named Ash who tossed back shots like they were glasses of water, at a terrifying pace.

Watching her get increasingly drunk with each shot she finished/polished off had unnerved Spencer immensely, but the small girl proved capable of more than holding her weight and somehow didn’t end up puking despite how much she had.

She had asked him just moments ago on text if she happened to have said anything embarrassing that night, and well, she kind of had but… there was no need for her to know right? Especially since he was pretty certain that no one else had heard or been sober enough to register what she had said but him. Besides, even if others had overheard, well, you definitely wouldn’t be hearing what it was she said from him.

The few little embarrassing things she had let slip aside, Ash had been surprisingly pleasant conversation for someone so drunk. By the time the night ended, they had exchanged numbers and were friends. And having learned more about her than he thought possible in the span of the time they had spent talking together that night, Spencer had found himself unable to ignore it even though it had absolutely nothing to do with him, when earlier this morning, Ash started sending biting messages on twitter that made her seem tense and on edge.

She said she was fine but… well it wasn’t his business to pry or insist otherwise if that’s what she said.

Other than probably being the only person who heard what Ash let slip while drunk, he had probably also been the only one left who was still sober by the time the party had ended that night because he hadn’t touched a lick of alcohol. Only when someone had offered did he pick up his glass, and even then, he’d only taken a sip or two, only because he hadn’t wanted to be rude or ruin the mood or anything.

It wasn’t that he was a lightweight or couldn’t hold his liquor, despite the lie he had just told Ash over text a short while ago. It was just…alcohol… it reminded him of his failures. Of all the mistakes he had ever made, the things he had brushed off thinking it would be okay, and the nightmare that it had ultimately led to.

He had gotten drunk just once, some days after Sheryl had died.

Just drowned himself in alcohol late one night with his friends till the liquid burned his lungs and left him choking and feeling sicker than he had ever felt in his life.

Even when he was well past his limit and starting to throw up, he had kept going and going, just pouring the stuff down his throat, even as his friends had tried to stop him, told him he was going to kill himself.

Why had he done something so stupid?

Because that was what his actions had driven Sheryl to do, and that night when he got so completely and utterly wasted, it was because he had wanted to feel even a fraction of what she had felt, the pain and suffering he had inflicted on her, because it was the least he could do, even if ultimately amounted to nothing.

That night, in his drunken stupor, a part of him had even thought. If he died tonight like this, would it help him atone even a little for what he had done to Sheryl? For the tragedy and pain he had caused her?

He had believed it would, in fact… a part of him still did, even as the logical part of his brain told him and he knew, that even if he died that way, it would never atone for anything. But in the darkest of moments when he got lost in the tangled web of his most painful thoughts and memories, and the guilt got to be too much, he couldn’t help but think that he should be dead.

That the fact that he was still living and pursuing his dreams, that he could still find happy moments in this world without her, was a complete and utter crime.

The worst of his crimes.

He knew, he understood that wasn’t true, it had been drilled in his head enough times for him to be aware of that, but in those moments when his world was dyed completely black, he couldn’t help but feel, that maybe, maybe it was true, and it was just the selfish little voice in his head that wanted to keep forging ahead, that was lying to himself so he could cling to that excuse, so that he could use it to pardon his actions and continue pursuing his dreams.

Crap.

He was going down the rabbit hole.

Again.

Sinking back into that spot, into the darkest corner of his mind, and Ez had already left for his surfing trip with Auguste and some other guys from school.

A part of him felt relief that his brother wasn’t here to see him sitting in the house like this, slipping back into this state.

He didn’t want to drag Ez down with him, to pull him back to that time when he had been at his lowest struggling to get through each day and there was no way he would have been able to hide it from Ez if he was still home.

After that incident with the alcohol where he had basically poisoned himself, his family had been on red alert, watching him closely, trying to make sure he was okay. Between the mess he was in and Nat’s worsening health, it had been hell, especially for Ez who took it on himself to make sure they were both okay.

He had a lot to thank his brother for yet so far, he hadn’t done much for him other than increasing the burden on his shoulders. Some younger brother he was.

The only reason he was still alive in the first place, that he had survived that night where he had tried to drink himself to death, was because his friends, worried for his life, had called his family, and Ez arrived and put an end to his stupidity, dragging him far away before he could empty another bottle.

He couldn’t keep burdening Ez like this, getting in the way of his life and his happiness with his problems. It was selfish, and hadn’t enough people paid for his selfishness already?

He had to fix his own problems, without burdening his family, and that started with him getting off this couch and shifting his focus elsewhere, like his outing with Beth. He had to get ready for that, change up, get to their meeting spot and then immerse himself in her tour of this city where hopefully he would be living for until he graduated. It wouldn’t be fair to her if he showed up in this state of mind or anywhere close to it, so he had to fix that asap.

Spencer had already washed up earlier, but he still had some time before he was supposed to meet Beth, and nothing cleared the head like a cold shower. Besides, he was probably better off being a little late but with a clearer head than arrive on time a complete mental mess.

mood
Gotta clear my head

outfit
home clothes

playing...
WONDER

by Shawn Mendes​

mentions
Beth, Maggie, JJ, Slater, Ava, Ezra, Ash, Auguste

interactions
N/A

tags
N/A

º º code by ditto º º

kellian phelan

From a totally nailed performance to meeting one of the dopest people she’d ever spoken to in her life, Kelli’d had a completely univocally ding-dong-diddly dope Arts Fest. Sitting in the audience with Angel and watching her brothers’ performance gave her such a nice feeling in her chest. She knew Kian wasn’t doing well…but at least he was doing well enough to perform. It didn’t do anything to lessen her concern, but she did feel insanely proud of him. “THAT’S MY BIG BROTHER!” she screeched from the audience the whole time, tugging on Angel’s sleeve to point at him excitedly.

Because her big brother — he really was friggin’ dope. Like, seriously, one of the dopest people on Planet Earth — and on Galaxy Milky Way.

She gave him a little bit of time to cool off after his performance, said goodbye to Angel, and then she’d found her parents, and then she’d dragged them along by their hands to her brother, who she immediately flung herself against in a tight hug.

“You did freaking amazing, Ki!” Kelli squealed into Kian’s chest as she squeezed her brother as tightly as possible. “You’re the frigging best I’ve ever heard — ever ever!”

It was doubtful that he could breathe, but she didn’t realize that she was probably suffocating him.

She’d taken the cheap sunglasses she’d bought at the dollar store for good luck and given them to her brother as an adieu, and then she’d run off to hang out with her parents for a bit. Her mom had given her a little bouquet of lavender that she’d grown — which now sat in her windowsill to dry out, by the way.

Anyway, yeah! Arts Fest was freaking dope!

But, uh…well…finals were coming up…and her grade in World History was still a D-, and her grade in Algebra was also still a D-, and her grade in English 10 was still also a D-…so she’d spent most of the week trying to force herself to study.

And failing, and just watching more TikToks about puppies, and YouTube videos about puppies, and then an Animal Planet documentary about puppies, and spamming Angel with puppy memes and —

Shh, don’t tell anyone, but she really, reaaally wanted a dog. Do you think that she could sneak one into the dorms and hide it and get away with having one? She was still looking for the right way to ask Ronnie about that.

Speaking of Ronnie, today, Kelli, Bella, and Ronnie were going to do, uhm…something or other? See, uh, she wasn’t paying that much attention when she was asked if she wanted to help — she just kind of accepted. She was pretty sure it was something that a lot of sophomores and freshmen were going to that had to do with, uhm…decorating? Or something or other. Whatever it was, she was still excited about it!

So excited that she’d practically jumped out of bed this morning and ran to her closet to get ready. Now, as she adjusted her hair for the umpteenth time (up or down? Left or right? Hmm…), she heard the door open. “Good morning!” came a call.

Gasping excitedly, Kelli whipped open the bathroom door with a bright smile on her face. “Good morning, Bella!”

“I’ve come with treats,” Bella said as she sat down a plate of muffins at Ronnie’s desk.

Kelli gasped again, covering her mouth as though it was something entirely shocking. “No way!” she exclaimed, walking over to the plate. Looking at Bella with wide eyes, she said, “Bro, you’re so dope — thank you so much!”

“It is such a lovely morning,” Bella said. “Jackie and I went on a run together this morning and the temperature was absolutely perfect. Excellent shopping weather too, not too warm but not too cold.”

“Ooh, fun!” Kelli piped as Bella gave her a hug. She turned back to the plate of muffins as Bella hugged Ronnie, cautiously plucking one up between two fingers. Taking a bite into one, Kelli gave an enthusiastic mm! and held a thumbs up to Bella. “Merci!”

(She got it right for once!)

“Are you two ready to go?” Bella asked. “I don’t mind waiting if you’re not.”

Taking another bite of the muffin, Kelli nodded. “Heck yeah! I’m ready, at least.” She looked over at Ronnie, giving her roommate a smile. “Are you, Ronnie?”

mood
: D

outfit
something

playing...
dance
by foxes​

mentions
angel & kian

interactions
ronnie & bella

tags
hery hery geminiy geminiy

º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:

trevor callaghan​

Trevor, being Trevor, had a certain level of contempt for just about everyone, including most “friends” and “acquaintances”. Call it cynicism or a bit of assholeishness, whichever you’d like, but he just didn’t like people. There were about two levels of people that he didn’t hate — or didn’t entirely hate — and it was all down from there.

Level one was his roommates, and his girlfriend, too. He didn’t hate them at all. Level two was Nate. He was a fecking jerk. He hated him…well, quite a bit, actually, but he still considered him his friend. Below that were his acquaintances, and below that were the people who he’d had the displeasure of having more than a couple of interactions with…

And then there, down in the depths of hell, were three people who even the names of made him want to gouge his eyeballs out: Lucky DuBois, Chas Marino, and Adriane fucking Holloway. Lucky, however, had been demoted in Trevor’s mind from a five-pound mass of liver-eating cancer cells to a benign tumor that was more annoying than anything and was easy enough to ignore if he really tried. To be honest, with the vow he’d made to himself and to Ash — to himself, the fake it til you make it, and to Ash, the I won’t be an arsehole — he found himself being able to ignore Lucky easier and easier and easier by just entirely avoiding conversations that had to do with him, or avoiding looking at him, or avoiding thinking of his fecking name which was happening right now but we weren’t going to talk about that no sir

Wait, where were we?

Ah, right. Adriane.

Of course, it was just his luck that Adriane was here, because, especially with the more pissed off he got, he had an abnormally high level of confidence when it came to speaking to those three — and the confidence to be more aggressive than passive ascended in that order, and the confidence to lose all self-control descended in that order.

Before you said that this was all caused by him and was an internal thing that he’d convinced himself off, Adriane was a fecking bitch from day one, and it just got worse from there.

Adriane wrinkled her nose, taking her time to pull the notebook she’d been writing on into her lap. “Did you wash your hands after you were finished jacking off to My Little Pony or whatever it is you’re into?”

His brows creased together with confusion. “My Little —“

SLAM! In a quick motion, Adriane moved her boot to the desktop and slammed her heel down on Trevor’s hand.

And he felt something pop that definitely wasn’t supposed to.

His face screwed up, and he clenched his jaw, his body hunkering. “Hooooly FFFFFF —” With all his might, he yanked his hand out from beneath her boot.

The back of his hand was an angry red, and the outline of a square was entirely white. His face twisted up even further, his eyes squeezing together as he slowly lifted his other hand to grip the back of the hand that had been crushed. His shoulders sank as every muscle in his body tensed up, and through grit teeth, he hissed. “FFFFFFUCK!” He released his hand and began to frantically shake it from left to right, as though trying to cool it down. “Shite — fecking — mercifulGodalmightyholyfuckthat —“

He lifted his dark eyes to Adriane again. The veins in his forehead and neck were protruding, and his face was entirely red. “Fucking psycho —“ He cut himself off to squeeze his eyes shut and grip his hand in pain again. “God!” He dropped his hand, opening his eyes and abruptly relaxing everything save for the hand that had been crushed, which he lifted the middle finger of and showed to Adriane. “Fuck you!”

"Keep your disgusting hands away from me,” Adriane said. “I don't want whatever diseases you're carrying around from your backwater country or whatever whore you bought for half of a cheap joint on the sidewalk.”

Gripping his hand again though the pain was more throbbing now than anything, Trevor repeated Adriane’s words as if he were spitting them: “‘Whore I bought for half a cheap joint on the sidewalk’?” He rolled his eyes. “Holy feckin’…don’t talk about your mam like that. That’s just disrespectful.”

A “your mom” joke was necessary, yes.

She tilted her head toward the papers on the ground. "Your manuscript is down there. You put them at my desk, you absolute waste of fucking life."

As she focused her attention back on the notebook, Trevor visibly boiled. “That’s not your desk, Holloskank,” he hissed. Leaning back across the desk — though he was careful not to put his hand back down — he glared into Adriane’s face. “I sit there. I work there. That’s my shite — ON the ground. Fuck you.” His long arms came in handy for once as he reached across and grabbed the top of the notebook. “Ya want me ta go away?” he asked. His grip tightened on the paper, giving the top of the papers a little bit of an indentation. “Get off of my damn manuscript. I'll go my own way, an' if we're lucky, we'll never have to see each other again. Deal? It sounds like a deal. Let's make it a deal.”

mood
PISSED

outfit
clothes

playing...
i wanna slam my head against the wall
by glaive​

mentions
the roommates, ash, nate, lucky, & chas

interactions
adriane

tags
Winona Winona

º º code by ditto º º

Livanna Moore
"Find the positive in everything. ”

@Livieeee is has updated her status to:
:)
@Livieeee has interacted with:
Nickie

@Livieeee has mentioned:
Gen

@Livieeee has set her outfit to:
Something Liv-ish

@Livieeee has tagged:
ditto ditto

Liv was never the ‘Let’s go shopping!’ type of girl but when Nickie invited her— psh. How could she say no? Last week had given her a newfound friendship… At least Liv thinks they’re friends but now that they’re a little more than fake enemies Livanna finally had someone to hang out with.

Someone who wasn’t Josie or Ronnie, that is.

Which was kinda weird since all three of those girls she was friends with were entirely different people with entirely different interests but a little variety couldn’t hurt, right?

Liv never turned down more friends.
Although with all the friends that she does have… there wasn’t really anyone who actually had her back.

Sure, there was Josie and as much as she loved Josie, she wasn’t that person Liv could really open up with y’know?

She was all party, no games.

Um…

All… work no play.

No, whatever it was. The complete opposite of whatever she just said, is Josie.

Like that one time she talked to her about drama and Josie was like, come on let’s have a distraction and smoke.
Which, duh. It was a brilliant idea.

But…

Nobody really got Liv.

She could be found spilling her heart out in Callum’s DMs and he’d tell her she was being dramatic and whoever she was crying about was toxic.

She can’t remember if that was Callum or Beezlebub, but that didn’t matter.
Even Ronnie she couldn’t trust.

Okay, it’s not like she doesn’t trust her because she totally does. Liv is just never telling her anything ever again.

Ever. Again.

A blue SUV pulled up to the lavish apartment building and Liv was already waiting outside for her blue eyed beauty.

Livanna was already in the car and speaking moments after.

“Okay, so… dress shopping. I don’t really do dress shopping, honestly I don’t think I’ve ever gone dress shopping. I usually just have things in my closet already y’know? #FamousStuff.”

Maybe she went shopping with Gen a few times but Liv kinda just found things for her to try on, because… she was kinda just there for her anyway.

“Is there a certain shop we go to? Are we just browsing? What if I can’t find anything? Do you think I have to shop petite? What if they don’t have petite?”

Liv messed with the radio for a few seconds and quickly got bored when she realized nothing good was on any of the stations.

She really needed less radio-play.
Imagine a star saying that, ha.
Wanting less traction.

She realized she didn’t even greet Nickie, her practical new best friend.

(Kidding. That spot was reserved for…)

Ronnie and Josie should fight to the death for her.

“Sorry. I’m just excited,”

She was just on something.

She couldn’t say that though.

“You look absolutely gorgeous, but how are youuuu?”

You looked great on the outside, but are you on the inside, duh.
º º code by ditto º º

• how she's feeling...

irritated but as always, fabulous

Kinni

Freshman(15)-Fashionista-Goddess

There were very few things that got Kinni to crack. They generally revolved around family and her career endeavors. The moment that just passed would count towards the latter.

It was as if whoever was directing her life had decided at this very moment to use slow motion as she watched her life move frame by frame. The cup tipped over and Kinni was too in shock to react as if she normally would. It slowly fell towards her sketchpad.

The first bounce served to be nothing but a false sign of hope that perhaps this situation wasn’t as bad as every fiber in her being had told her it was. Though coffee spilled, it only spat out a painter’s splatter of brown liquid as if one of the students from visuals had decided to add to her carefully curated sketches.

It was the second bounce that served as a not so gentle reminder that we were not the directors in our narratives, but merely the actors playing out the roles given to them. The lid, perhaps loosened from the initial impact, had popped off with the second bounce and the complementary splatter had become an invasion of art as now the entire page had become the epitaph of what the rest of the sketchbook would become.

With each drop of coffee that soaked through the pages of her sketchbook, a piece of Kinni left. Her face made not have displayed her horror, but her eyes could not hide it.

She stood up flinging the cup to the side in a bit of a panicked rage ignoring most of Beth’s cries to apologize. She removed the sketchpad from the pool of acidic liquid and waved it trying to get as much of the liquid off as possible. She rushed to grab some napkins, returning to pat the notebook dry. She flipped through the pages shaking her head,” No no no no…” she started as she noticed that at least half of her already done sketches had been stained by the coffee, and most of them and ruined the sketches beyond salvage.

r, but it was Beth. She was a friend. She also had some kind of strange hold over her and it wasn’t very obvious on why it was. So all she could suffice to do between one of Beth’s many apologies is to say…

“It’s alright…” and Beth would depart. It was strange. She felt her day had so much promise with meeting her soulmate, for it to devolve into something as horrendous as this?

She let her fist run into the table, wincing a bit as the punch broke the skin. Amazing how she learned how to punch without ruining her nails, but then again years of practice helped. Still – a bit of blood dripped from her knuckles before she gathered what remained of her sketchbook and took off for her dorm room. First arts fest was a failure all the way around and she was not looking forward to the next one.

Kinni had opted to skip the foam party because her mood had been too ruined and besides, she was a freshman, there would be more apartment parties. Instead, she spent most of her free time cooped up in her room trying to recapture the magic of some of her older, ruined sketches but to no avail. At school, her time was spent working on a project that she had gotten. She hadn’t gotten many projects while she was at the school yet, mainly because everything was postponed while she was travelling for volleyball and cheer, but with her life returning to normal projects from her employers were starting to come back through.

Since activewear was her forte, at least that’s what she was known for at this point of her career, of course she would receive a project that focused on just that.

So she spent the time getting her designs together, making sure they were perfect and not just variations of what she had already done. She was so focused at first that she didn’t even realize that she was supposed to fit someone who was a classmate at HA.

She hadn’t worked with anyone else from the school yet, at least not while they were classmates. They had agreed they would meet in the studio at school, mainly because even though kinni DID do a lot work in her dorm room, that was just not the space to handle something professional as this was. Kinni had a reputation to maintain, and she would not ruin it because of a lack of funding into her living space. Her mother had other worries to concern herself with like her little sister.

She would have been in the studio already anyway. She practically lived there. Though she’d admit she was a little surprised between doing some sewing on one of the pieces that she was working, that she heard Stella’s voice. Models were prima donnas by nature. She was aware that Stella wasn’t necessarily a model by trade, but there wasn’t a very clear line for some people and Kinni was used to that.

She was early. Not unreasonably early, just that Kinni had worked with plenty of people and a large majority of them weren’t early. So she took a deep breath, sticking one of her needles into the pin cushion that was shaped like a turtle and immediately got to her feet.

She maneuvered through her workspace, pass the display dress form and over to where the newcomer’s voice had come from.

She offered a smile, though she wasn’t actually joyful it was polite to do such,
“Aloha, howzit?”
she started with a smile on her face as her Hawaiian pidgin slipped out without second thought. When she was in her happy place, she always defaulted back to home in Molokai, and the fashion studio was always her second home.

“Uhh it shouldn’t take long, I’ll just take your measurements, let you try on some stuff that’s probably too big just to see how takes to your shape, then you’re good to go,”
she stated turning as she did, not really paying any mind to any questions or small talk she might have had. Not with the intention of being rude, just wanting to get it done. Though if we were being honest – she probably didn’t’ care if it was considered rude or not.

♡coded by uxie♡

nickie abrams.

This is my life now, I guess, Nickie thought as she pulled her dark hair into a ponytail and pursed her lips at her reflection. She looked…okay today. Better than she had the last couple of weeks, honestly, and…well…happier. Like, it was nice to, like, see herself like that. Still, she had to sigh, because, like…fuck, she never thought that she would be here right now — be here as in getting ready for an outing with the girl who she’d sworn to be her enemy for, what? The better part of three whole fucking years?

Then again, she never thought that she’d try to text Hunter again, either, but she’d done that, too. Not — like, okay, not get back with me messages even if she had those typed out but still. Like, she’d said that she never wanted to speak to him again, but there she’d gone and just fucking texted him. When she’d told JJ and Simone, neither of them were happy with her, but like…at least she hadn’t sent the first message that she’d typed out for him, ya know, so like…

She was…getting over him. Okay, she was so getting over him. Like, yeah, she thought about him all the time and stuff, but that was, like, normal shit, you know. And, like…just trust her. She was getting over him. She had her friends as help.

Or, like…Liv and Slater. Those were her friends.

God, that was so fucking sad.

But it was whatever.

Yeah, she’d spent the week hanging out with Liv. Well, like, they’d hung out after the Arts Fest, too, after the whole, like, oh shit she saved my show and I’ve been a dick to her for the past forever shit I’m an awful person moment thing, but they’d also hung out all week. And, like…surprisingly…? Yeah, like, Liv was annoying as hell, but they still…got…along? Like, she liked being around Liv. She liked talking to her. Like, she was painfully aware that she was speaking to the school’s, like…wild child weirdo freak whenever she was talking to her in public, but the embarrassment, once she was past it, wasn’t big enough to block out the fact that, yeah, she, like…genuinely was okay with Liv….and…hell, maybe she even was a fan of her, and maybe she even thought of them as pretty good friends at this point.

It was just…okay, look, it was, like, nice to have someone hanging around her that she didn’t feel was stuck with her. Like, Nickie knew it was weird, okay. She didn’t really like to think too hard about it, or else she got, like, super depressed, so she kind of just, like…accepted it for the time being.

Anyway, yeah. They were, like, hanging today, too. She and Liv. Dress shopping, you know, because, like, the ball was somehow only a week away? So yeah. That was fun. She didn’t have a date yet, but it would be sadder if she just didn’t go than if she went and didn’t have a date, so she’d, like…either have to go fucking alone like a loser or, like, find a date for the ball, and the only ones left were, like…buck-toothed or no-toothed, but…like…honestly, she just really wanted a date. A hot date, a romantic evening…

Don’tthinkaboutHunterdon’tthinkaboutHunterdon’tthinkaboutHunterdon’tthinkaboutHunterdon’tthinkaboutHunter.

Her SUV soon pulled into the driveway of Liv’s apartment complex, and Nickie had hardly rolled to a stop before Liv jumped into the vehicle and began to chatter. “Okay, so…dress shopping. I don’t really do dress shopping, honestly I don’t think I’ve ever gone dress shopping.” Nickie gave her a glance, shifting back into drive and beginning to pull out of onto the highway. “I usually just have things in my closet already y’know? #FamousStuff. Is there a certain shop we go to? Are we just browsing? What if I can’t find anything? Do you think I have to shop petite? What if they don’t have petite?”

Turning the wheel as they made it back onto the main highway, Nickie groaned. “Ugh, shut up.” She rolled her eyes, giving Liv a sidelong glance. “Like, dress shopping is literally so fun.” She perked up an eyebrow, giving her a slight smile. “You’ll love it. Or, like, I’ll make you love it if you don’t.”

Liv took her hand off of the radio, stopping her fiddling with it. “Sorry,” she said. “I’m just excited. You look absolutely gorgeous, but how are youuu?”

Nickie rolled her eyes again, trying to suppress a smile coming onto her face but failing. “Ugh,” she groaned again, and then she teased, “Keep it in your pants.” She gave a soft laugh. “Well, whatever. I’m fine.” She gave a shrug. “I mean, like, semester exams and, like…” Her lips pressed together. “Things like that shit are coming, but, like…I’m fine, l-o-l, seriously.” She gave a small, dismissive wave of her hand. “How about you?”

Obviously, when someone asked if you were okay, the answer wasn’t supposed to be I’ve been writing out paragraphs apologizing to my ex and begging him to come back only to delete them every night, so she didn’t give that answer, duh.

She paused, listening to the music for a couple of seconds before it registered with her what was playing. She blinked in confusion at first, and then she gave a surprised laugh. “90s R&B, are you kidding me?” She laughed again, this time louder. “Literally what?” She looked over at Liv, a genuine smile on her face. “I believe I can fly, Liv? I believe I can touch the sky — oh my God!” She couldn’t stop giggling now.

After a few moments, her laughter calmed, and she glanced at the radio, letting it play another couple of seconds before shaking her head, her lips pressing together disapprovingly. “Okay, okay, no, sorry, R. Kelly is not the vibe.” Shaking her head, she reached over and clicked on the CD button.

There was a moment of pause, and then on came, My…funny Valentine…sweet, comic valentine…

Smiling to herself, she looked back out the windshield. Sinatra…yeah.

Had she ever said that she had a huge crush on Frank Sinatra? She fucking loved him so much.

Eventually, they pulled into the crowded mall parking lot, and she spent way too fucking long looking for a parking spot. Still, she found one somehow, and she parked the vehicle and got out.

Slamming the door and adjusting her purse on her shoulder, she said, “Okay, so, like, the plan is, like…” She walked to the front of the car, squinting her eyes as the sun beamed on her face. She held a hand up to shield her eyes as she looked at Liv, waiting for her to join her before she began to walk inside. “There are a couple of shops inside, and, like…I mean, I figure that we won’t, like, be the only ones here from our school or whatever, so we’ll go to whichever is the least busy, y’know?” She dodged a car’s side mirror. “Like…or, I mean, like, it’s really, like…I-d-k, like, let’s see where the day leads us or whatever.” She looked over at Liv again, shrugging. “Spontaneity or some shit,” she said.

mood
: )

outfit
something

playing...
normal
by nickie.​

mentions
jj, hunter, slater, & simone

interactions
liv

tags
Soap Soap

º º code by ditto º º

Adriane Holloway

For a moment, Adriane was able to relish in watching the pained look that crossed Trevor's face following her heel slamming into his hand. A smug grin had even made its way onto her face, but unfortunately, that polite little threat wasn't enough to make the disgusting piece of human trash in front of her kindly fuck off.

A shame, too.

She had just gotten her nails done.

And blood was such a pain to scrub from underneath them.

She attempted to turn her attention back to her notebook so that she could continue the poem she was attempting to write out, but the smell of desperation and middle schooler wafting from the buck-toothed junior in front of her was giving her a headache. Not to mention that the awful outfit he was wearing was practically making her sick to her very stomach, so it was clearly going to turn her poem into an ode about how much of a waste Trevor Callaghan was.

“‘Whore I bought for half a cheap joint on the sidewalk’?” He repeated her insult, probably because he was too slow to have understood it the first time it was uttered... and then he attempted to have a comeback. “Holy feckin’…don’t talk about your mam like that. That’s just disrespectful.”

Honestly pitiful.

And this was the guy that Chas got all twisted up about?

"Wow," Adriane said with a breathy sigh and didn't bother to turn her head up. "I knew you were into some fucked up shit, but I didn't think necrophilia was one of them. Guess I'm not surprised, though. Dead chicks are the only ones that can't say no, hmm?" She said, her tone of voice still disinterested.

Now if he would just kindly fuck off, she'd leave him with nothing more than a bruised hand.

Unfortunately (for Trevor, of course), he didn't make the wise decision that most people would -- which would've been to gather his papers and leave.

“That’s not your desk, Holloskank,” he said.

Oh so clever.

He leaned across her desk, casting a skinny little bitch shadow over her notebook, and Adriane's lips pursed together in a tight frown as it took everything in her to not go off on the piece of absolute garbage standing in front of her. Her grip on her pen tightened a bit, but she tried to focus on her breathing.

No one could really get her to the point of wanting to inflict physical violence on someone except Trevor fucking Callaghan.

Something about his face made her want to send her pen into his neck.

Deep breaths.

“I sit there. I work there. That’s my shite — ON the ground. Fuck you.” He was continuing.

And then he fucking reached across the desk and grabbed the top of her notebook.

Her lips drew back into an angry scowl.

“Ya want me ta go away?” he asked. He tightened his grip, and her papers started to wrinkle. “Get off of my damn manuscript. I'll go my own way, an' if we're lucky, we'll never have to see each other again. Deal? It sounds like a deal. Let's make it a deal.”

In a swift motion, Adriane dropped her pen to the desk and her hand closed around his skinny, pathetic little wrist. Her fingernails (obviously long because it was hot) dug into his skin as she brought her legs back down to the ground and pushed herself up into a standing position. Her squeeze continued to tighten on his arm, her eyebrows drawn down over her pale eyes and her lips pulled back in a tight snarl.

"Let the fuck go," she hissed as she leaned across the desk. Thanks to her heels, she was at eye level with the fucking prick in front of her and doubly thanks to his slouched position and the way that Adriane actually carried herself with this thing called confidence (something that Trevor had never had an ounce of, obviously, because why would he looking like that?), she basically looked down on him.

Or maybe it was just because he was such a tiny, pathetic little bitch that it felt like she was looking down at him.

"Let go right now," she growled through gritted teeth. "Grab your papers and get out and maybe I'll let you leave this room without sending my heel through your fucking neck. Or better yet, maybe I'll just go slash the tires of that precious little van of yours, hmm? Don't fucking mess with me."

mood
taking out the trash

outfit
something hot

playing...
Fuck You
by Lily Allen​

mentions
Dalton

interactions
Trevor

tags
ditto ditto

º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:

Damien Slater

Well shit.

Fuck him.

Damien had been hoping that she'd turn down his offer for a cigarette, but the hand out spelled differently. With a silent little goodbye to his sad little cigarette, Damien popped another one out of the box and held it out to the hot chick in front of him. As she took it, she asked him to light it up, and he reluctantly did so.

After he'd lit up his own cigarette, of course.

And then his lighter went falling back into his pocket and soon, his hand rummaging through his pocket produced his phone instead. The bright screen at first made him squint, but hey, he had a couple texts and he needed to see who the fuck they were from -- except Maggie was talking again.

Hot needy chick.

"Wanna try and find something in the fridge?" She asked.

Damien let out a heavy sigh, exhaling cigarette smoke as he did so, and he gave a nod of his head. "Yeah, fuck it, sure," he said with a shrug, and followed after Maggie out of the bedroom.

He supposed he probably should eat.

Plus free food.

Fucking win.

After they'd made it to the kitchen area, Damien found himself loitering near the doorway leading in. He pulled out his phone, using one hand to unlock it to check his messages. He'd been expecting one from his mom asking where the fuck he was or some shit because, well, he hadn't gone home last night.

Surely she'd be worried about her favorite son.

But there wasn't a text from her.

Ah, no fucking biggie. He was seventeen now, after all. Practically a fucking adult. She probably just didn't want to smother him or some shit. Yeah. Plus his mother was always rambling on and on about how... "oh, boys will be boys," and telling him long-winded stories about the dumb shit her and his dad had done when they were his age, so she kind of expected him to be off doing dumb shit.

Now, that didn't mean Damien told her any of the dumb shit, but that was unimportant.

The text on his phone, however, was a reminder text from that uhh... that Luci chick. The hot one he'd met at the Arts Festival after his shitty run in with his stupid fucking not brother. Reminding him that he was...

Wait...

He squinted at his phone to make sure that he'd read the fucking text right and yep, sure enough, he had.

He was fucking going dress shopping with her.

When the fuck--

He let out a small groan, but sent a text confirming that he'd be there because well...

She was fucking hot, okay?

He slipped his phone back into his pocket and leaned against the wall nearest to him, bringing the cigarette out of his mouth with two fingers as he slowly exhaled, his dark eyes watching Maggie.

"Anything good to eat?" He asked. "Fucking Poptarts or some shit? Gotta eat kind of fast and shit, gotta meet this really hot chick down at the mall to go dress shopping."

Oh fuck that didn't sound right coming out of his mouth.

Where was the soap? He needed to wash out his mouth.

mood
fuck hangovers

outfit
last night's stuff

playing...
DONTTRUSTME
by 3OH!3​

mentions
Luci

interactions
Maggie

tags