• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern hollywood arts: main (open!!)

Characters
Here

trevor callaghan​

If there was one thing that you needed to understand up to this point, it was that Trevor Callaghan really, really, really fecking hated Adriane Holloway. There was a number of things that could be added to that — “I almost vomit every time I even think of her name”, “her presence makes me feel the need to get some kind of medication, just so I can endure it without snapping”, “I highly consider lying in the road anytime I must do so much as look at her, because being taken out of my misery is more pleasant than that” — but that was the basic thing.

See, Trevor had something called abysmal self-preservation skills — at least, when it came to interpersonal interactions. Correction: he did, on occasion, realize when he needed to get out of a situation because oh feck, I’m going to die if this keeps going, but it was very rarely that he did so at the correct time or in the correct space, and even more rarely that he executed enough of an evasive maneuver to actually protect himself rather than digging his hole deeper (see: the case with Nate and the your girlfriend is hot debacle).

What was worse was that that his sense of when to turn back when interacting with those who he viewed as below him (or who he wished to make feel as though they were below him) was all but obliterated. The good bit about that was that he didn’t have as much of an issue like this with his friends and more amicable acquaintances — with them, the main issue was keeping himself from digging his hole deeper after he, at some point (if a bit too late), realized that oh feck, I’m going to die if this keeps going.

The bad part was that he generally viewed or wanted to view everyone else as below him, at least to some extent. He had no fear of them — even if he should.

Adriane Holloway was this principle cranked up to the max.

In a quick motion, Adriane dropped her pen onto the desk, and she reached forward and grabbed Trevor’s wrist. He blinked, his already tense muscles tensing more as she dug her nails into his skin so fecking needlessly. He grit his teeth in anger, narrowing his eyes and furrowing his brows as his lip curled up.

Adriane was standing and glaring back. “Let the fuck go.”

“Why should I?” Trevor snarked.

“Let go right now,” Adriane demanded. “Grab your papers and get out and maybe I’ll let you leave this room without sending my heel through your fucking neck.”

Trevor scoffed. “That’s not physically possible.” He wasn’t a mathematician (scientist? chemist? physician?), but he’d done research for his writing. “You couldn’t get enough inertia to make the blunt end penetrate my neck,” he hissed (and yes, he was proud of that comeback). “Not with your anemic strength.”

“Or better yet,” Adriane said, “maybe I’ll just go slash the tires of that precious little van of yours, hmm?”

This made his eye twitch. He clenched his jaw tighter. “You desecrate Rachel and you’ve got another thing comin’.”

“Don’t fucking mess with me.”

Sarcastically (because again, he had no self-preservation), Trevor held up the hand that wasn’t grasping the journal to wiggle his fingers in the air at his chest, widening his eyes as if he were terrified. “You’re so spooky,” he said in a flat voice. “I’m so intimidated.”

He dropped his hand back down and tightened his grip on her book, glaring into Adriane’s eyes determinedly, like he wasn’t going to let go. There was a seriousness in his face — a look that said he wasn’t going to give her this because, look, it was fecking Adriane, and he was sick and tired of her bullshite anyway.

But then, his head gave a nag, and he suppressed a grimace at the pain, and then he sighed, “But fine.”

He let go of her paper, slinging down his arm as he moved to the opposite side of the desk. “That’s all I fecking wanted in the first place,” he muttered, stooping down to chunky manuscript. He narrowed his eyes at it, and he gave a pained noise as he noticed a couple of indentations and circles of dirt where the chair had been. “Shite.”He yanked up the manuscript in a jerky motion, and then jerked his head over at Adriane.

This is enough damage to make you liable for at least three hundred dollarsdoyouunderstandwhatyou’vedoneyou’veruinedallofmyworkyoucompleteand —

“One more thing, Holloway,” he said, his chest tight with anger and panic at the unsettling status of his manuscript. His voice gave the strong impression that he was holding back some sort of primal rage, and as he went to say the next word, he was physically shaking, with two veins in his forehead and a vein in his neck straining beneath his skin. “FfffffffffffffffffffffffffUCK.” He raised his middle finger. “You.” He forced a wide smile, giving a nod, and then he turned on his heel, dropping his hand and stomping towards the door.

When he reached it, he yanked it open, and then he yanked it to close behind him — but he reached out and stopped it with his palm before it could slam, and it bounced back. Sighing, he stepped back inside, glancing at Adriane and then back at the door. Carefully, he grabbed the doorknob and, stepping back outside, eaaaaased the door shut.

His head was fecking throbbing — slamming it would be too much on his shot nerves.

Once he’d shut the door, he sighed deeply and slumped back against it.

Jesus Christ, he really fecking despised Adriane.

mood
RAGERAGERAGE

outfit
clothes

playing...
i wanna slam my head against the wall
by glaive​

mentions
n/a

interactions
adriane

tags
Winona Winona

º º code by ditto º º

"Goddess of Chaos"
Magnolia Darrington
@Rebel.lia.on has set their status to:
Hell has no furry

@Rebel.lia.on has set their outfit to:
Didn't know I was going out...

@Rebel.lia.on has set their location to:
The Mall

@Rebel.lia.on has mentioned:
Josie, Lucky, Gen, Ash, Damien, Luci

@Rebel.lia.on has interacted with:
JJ ( Soap Soap )
♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

Magnolia went ahead and took the cigarette in hand and waited for him to light it for her. Maybe it wasn't the best cure for a hang over, but it was something. Honestly regular cigs weren't her favorite thing to get some sort of high off of. It was a last resort being the only thing he probably had on him right now and she was in low supply of anything else. She didn't wanna bring out her stash because she wasn't too keen on sharing right now herself.

So bumming it was in the mean time.

She didn't even notice his exasperated tone considering she was too focused on her own needs. That may seem selfish but as chill as Damien seemed, it's not like they were really friends. People who partied together from time to time was the best fit. They got along decent enough. So his well being or mental just wasn't a priority to her. She was sure he felt the exact same so she felt no guilt for the way she felt. This was just...civil.

She walked to the kitchen once he agreed and started looking for remnants of something decent to eat. Sadly everything was in fact just scraps because Maggie never cooked. She always ordered food or bought stuff while she was out. "Hot pockets quick enough for you?" She asked not really waiting for a response before pulling them out the freezer and tossing them in the microwave for a few minuets.

Look he seemed like he was in a rush, so why waste time....and she was hungry. Last thing anyone wants to deal with is a hangry Maggie.

The next bit of time was a blur because honestly she didn't know how she went from eating a hot pocket to being in the mall again dress shopping with Damien (a guy she hardly knows and has never hung out with sober until this point) and some girl named Luci (who looked like an Ex of her friend...couldn't be sure tho since she was never one to pry). So basically...two randos as far as her brain could really process right now.

At least she showered and changed before heading out again.

How did things like this always happen to her?

She was always random pulled into things for better or worse. Was it her? Did she have a problem saying no or something? Or did her lack of giving a fuck just manifest in her going with every flow. Because really...she didn't even need a dress she already went last week with Josie and Lucky.

Not that it mattered in the long run because once they got to the mall Damien decided to be a total raging dick. Maggie was a lot of things for better or worse, but she for damn sure was loyal (Well she liked to think so). So when he decided to go on a twitter rampage insulting her best friends and telling her to fuck off she kindly obliged. If he wanted to alone with not a friend in the world he could have it.

She didn't know how Kian put up with him. No party buddy was worth all that, and the disrespect he showed. The chick he was so pressed to impress could deal with his bull shit.

She stopped at a coffee shop on the way out before thinking to call an Uber home. She figured she needed it after such a weird morning trying to nurse her still pounding head. That's when some chick decided to walk up and go off on her about how her boyfriend was looking at her and not to look back because he was hers and blah blah blah. Something about she shouldn't dress like a skank for attention and la de la.

Did this girl want a cookie for her speech? Did she think it accomplished anything. Was she proud? Did she think she had any affect on Maggie and how she'd dress from now on? The answer to all of that was a resounding, NO.

Maggie simply flipped her off, walked up to grab her coffee when her name was called, and shot a playful wink in the boyfriends direction before whispering for him to hit her up when he's done dealing with the bitch. Which all of course served to piss the girlfriend off more, but at this point she deserved it. Maggie literally hadn't even noticed the guy till this girl brought him up. They could've all went about their morning peacefully, but if she wanted to choose violence then Maggie could return the favor. Maggie loved a good helping of Chaos in the morning. It added a sweet flavor to her coffee seeing the girl turn and go off on the boyfriend for "entertaining" her.

It was too early still for Maggie to care about that bullshit. However it did leave a bit of a bitter taste in her mouth as she walked away because she felt like this was becoming a reoccurring theme more so then usual. Her getting blamed and looked at differently and down on for the actions of others. It was insane, like if you're insecure just say so? No need to bring her into it. Jealousy doesn't look good on anyone.

So yes like any average teenage girl with a social following she decided to post about it to vent a bit. How was she to know it'd start a whole fucking Twitter and Instagram war? With Ash West of all people?? The girl wasn't ever her favorite person, but she was generally harmless since she is usually so passive.

Not today apparently!

Today she decided to go after Maggie and call her a homewrecker like she was some slut who slept with anyone and chased after anyone even if they had a man. Which wasn't true at all. With the exception of some teasing of bitches like at the coffee shop she never pursued taken men. Even at that if the guy did try to talk to her she would've turned him down. But of course Ash played like Maggie was the big bad guy, and like she didn't say what she said.

God was it frustrating. If you are gonna talk shit then stand by what you said, don't back track and give some sorry ass apology you don't mean. Acting like you didn't mean it. You "Said what you said and meant it" remember? Fuck outta here with that fake ass playing innocent wannabe Barbie bullshit the minuet someone calls you out on it, and you realize you were fucked up. Because you are in fact fucked up.

So of course Maggie was going to ask why she was suddenly so much more aggressive then normal and of course she'd go back to thinking it was because of Dinner because she seemed pissed about it the whole night! Did she think she was hiding anything? It was written all over her face.

Not to mention after all that she brought Lucky into it!

Ok yes, maybe she added a bit of salt in the wound with her post, but why did that matter when she was the one getting attacked for NO REASON in the first place! Because Ash assumed something was about her that wasn't that was justified? Because Ash is a big softie trying to play with the big boys Maggie was supposed to water herself down to make herself easier to swallow for poor baby Ash?

Lucky was wrong for asking her to back down and just take it, and nothing would convince her otherwise.

Luckily he was one of the few people who she genuinely cared about more then anything, so when he asked she did. To the best of her very heated ability. And she was HOT, so honestly he should've been proud of what restraint she did show. But was he? Nope, all she got was more lecture. Ugh sometimes she couldn't stand him, and he owed her BIG time for this because not ONCE did she actually say a single insult towards Ash which couldn't be said by the Blonde.

Why did her post even matter? So what if she posted a picture of her in his room with his name tagged? It's not like she actually referenced him as his name. Ash posted a picture WITH him and mentioned him by name.

Maggie's patience with being the "bigger person" was wearing thin this morning because everyone should know by now that Maggie could do a lot worse then post a petty picture on Insta if she wanted. A lot of people forgot that Jared wasn't the only dangerous Darrington at this school, and she wasn't below playing dirty when pushed enough.

And this pushed her. Not because of Ash, but because of Lucky. She would deny it if asked, but she was hurt. It felt like he was defending Ash over her even after everything the girl had said about her. Maggie always defended lucky whenever people talked about her, and Lucky always did the same...so why was Ash suddenly the exception?

He'd known Ash what? A few months now? How was his loyalty towards her even comparable to what it should've been to Maggie after everything they've been through? He should know by now that Maggie didn't typically just go after people for no reason, especially not for just existing. If she was doing something she was retaliating because Maggie was a firm believer in getting even.

Ash started this whole shit show, but somehow as always she was apparently the big bad wolf and she fucking hated it. She hated that him of all people is the one making her feel like this right now.

She was at her wits end when JJ wound up messaging her. She never thought she'd be so happy to see the girls name pop up on her phone.

Was JJ a saint? Of course not, no where close. But who was in this place? She was a bitch but she was an honest bitch. One who unlike her best friend actually publicly stood up for her and defended her even when it was against her own friend. There was something to be said for that kind of loyalty and conviction.

Not that Maggie liked that this whole thing caused a fight between friends, but it made her feel good that someone saw things from her perspective, and stood their ground with her. It also helped solidify in her mind that she wasn't tripping and that she was in fact in the right because otherwise why would JJ of all people side with Maggie over Ash? Just didn't make sense. They weren't actually close despite how much Maggie likes to tease like they are.

So yah when JJ asked for her to stick around a bit longer, Maggie had zero issues keeping her princess company. She'd earned that much and more after this morning.

She made her way towards the 'purple store', and snuck up behind the tiny brunette to surprise her.

“What the hell is wrong with you?”, Maggie just laughed at her response, cause god was it priceless, “Now you can’t even announce yourself normally? I know I’m hot or whatever? But the whole stalker thing isn’t a good look on you.”

"Is it stalking if you tell me where you are?" She asked with a curious yet mischievous grin curled onto her lips. As much as JJ liked to deny it Maggie could tell that she did in fact like her company. Maggie was an acquired taste you either liked her or you didn't there wasn't usually much in between.

Except weird people like Gen. Maggie couldn't tell if she liked Gen or not. Well...that's a lie, she did in fact like Gen because Gen was always Gen for better or for worse and never backed down. They both had very strong personalities which was probably why they had a weird relationship.

Gen could love her one day and hate her guts the next, it was odd, but entertaining. She supposed it couldn't be helped though. Maggie was one of the few people in this place that wasn't afraid of Gen. Didn't care about her status, didn't care about her family power, or influence. She saw Gen as any other person and her threats as irrelevant because there was nothing Gen Johannes could do that Mrs. Darrington hadn't already done, or wouldn't do, or undo.

When you've got a mother who'd send you to juvie for a crime you didn't commit to prove a point, and teach you the valuable lesson of staying in line? What worse could some 18 year old girl do?

Ruin her career in music? Fine her mother would be happy cause then she'd have to take over the family PR business? Her family had their own powerful connection that even the great Gen Johannes couldn't sever because Maggie herself had done her best to rip them apart and never succeeded (might do her a favor if she did).

Ruin her good name? Already ruined. Even the goodie-to-shoe Ash west who was apparently nice to almost everyone called her a slut and tried to shame her.

Blackmail her? With what? Everyone knows all her dirty little secrets. Between her mother, Jared, and now this new gossip blog there was no need to keep secrets knowing they'd get exposed.

Ruin the few friendships she had? Fat chance they all disliked Gen too. Plus Maggie was the queen of self-sabotage she'd ruin them herself before anyone else could at this rate.

So really? What could she do? She was welcome to try. Magnolia loved a good surprise, but she wasn't going to hold her breath in this case.

JJ speaking again broke her from her thoughts, "And neither is that outfit, so."

Maggie didn't even look down at herself, "Well I didn't know I was coming to the mall and dressing to impress today or I'd have worn those fishnets you love so much." She teased lightly. She was just in a sweater and jeans after all. "So unless you wanna dress me? Be my personal stylist for the day, I think we're gonna just have to suffer together."

Maggie grinned looking at the racks that JJ had in front of her, "These all look too plain for you, let's try someplace a little more fun. What do you say?" she resisted the urge to wink knowing by now that if she laid it on too thick JJ wouldn't like it.
º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:
"Queens without Kings are historically better"
Naomi Elizondo
@MiniMimi has set their status to:
Just gonna chill out for a bit

@MiniMimi has set their outfit to:
Casual

@MiniMimi has set their location to:
Home

@MiniMimi has mentioned:
Chas, Trevor

@MiniMini has Interacted with:
Bailey ( qunqun qunqun )
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽

Naomi smile as they came in hoping they'd make themselves comfortable. When they asked about the Cheez-its she couldn't help but laugh nodding, "Sure I do!"

Honestly Naomi had a plethora of different snacks around the place. She never knew which direction he munchies would take her in, and going out anywhere once she was already high was always a pain. Sure she could Uber or get things delivered, but that still required waiting, and Naomi was only interested in instant gratification once she was high. Plus what else other then weed did she really need to spend any of her money on then food?

She might've been a bit more perceptive of her friend's facial expression if there wasn't so much going through her head. Ironically she wasn't paying attention to the very distraction meant to keep her thoughts off all the mess.

She casually walked into the kitchen pantry grabbing a few bags of the requested snack along with some extra treats like gummy worms, chips, and a chocolate bar. She rested all of that on the small table in front of Bailey before going back again to start some popcorn and grab some sodas.

Look Naomi was tiny but she had a black hole of a stomach especially while under any influence.

When she came back while waiting for the popcorn to finish she plopped down beside them, but not too close since she didn't wanna accidently like sit on them or something. Boy would that be funny! Uncomfortable, but funny. She did her best to give them her full attention since she did ask the question. They talked about their project a bit, and she was really happy for them.

She was glad she scored well and was a part of the part of department that wasn't so overly dramatic. Plastics seemed to always have something happening...well if twitter was any indicator. Lit did too sometimes, but it was much less noticeable. Well actually unless Chas or Trevor were involved the rest of Lit was pretty chill as far as Naomi could tell. Once again this was all based on personal experiences and twitter which might not be entirely fair or factual, but it's all she had.

"Makes sense. Honestly I kinda miss that. It was weird having so many people actually paying attention. Then again my contract is almost up so I need to start looking for other recoding studios to sign with, so I guess it's a blessing and a curse." She shrugged nonchalantly.

She'd been signed with Disney since coming to HA so she'd done quite a few songs for their movies and singers the past few years. This pas year she finally branched out writing for artists outside of it hoping to find someone who understood her vision for her music better then teen kids bop Disney. She appreciated the income, and the exposure, and practice, but honestly she was ready for something different. For a sound that was hers, and she'd recognize as being hers even if it was a different voice singing it.

Naomi sat with them and soon realized while she was talking that they hadn't actually lit the blunt yet. They were just...staring at it? It then clicked to her that maybe Bailey didn't really smoke that often, and that was the stoner in her showing that she just assumed she did. It wasn't a big deal to her tho. She thought Bailey was super cool weather they smoked or not, and if she wanted to be shown the ropes then she'd be happy to do that too.

Naomi smiled softly, "Let me help." She chimed real easy going like before asking for the blunt. She pulled out her own lighter from her pocket and put the joint between her lips. She inhaled slowly while setting the other end a flame. God did this feel good. She was addicted to this feeling no matter how much she'd deny it. Not to the weed itself, but to the feeling it gave, and the action. She slowly inhaled the rough sensation being a pleasant reminder that nothing was such a big deal. She pulled it from her lips holding it for a moment before blowing out a slow steady stream.

"If you want to still. Just take it slow and easy." She chimed offering it back to Bailey if they wanted to still take the hit. She couldn't pressure or push the envelope. If she decided against it right now she wouldn't be offended or anything.

It was a blessing in disguise because she needed that hit before answering the next part of the question.

"Yah, bigger then I thought apparently. I've gotten some offers here and there which is good, but the biggest one actually wants me to like record the songs...like with my voice. Which is weird because I'm not a music student you know?" She shook her head. What where they thinking? Did they not see the same awkward performance she felt? She was pretty sure she looked like a scared deer in headlights the entire time.

As one of the topics Naomi was trying not to think about she immediately reached for the chocolate bar to start munching on to keep her nerves about her.
º º code by ditto º º

Damien Slater

TW: he talks about eating disorders and mental illness

Maggie was kind of an annoying fucking bitch, Damien decided, after spending a morning with her and whatever fucking stuff had happened on Twitter. Now, it might come as a bit of a surprise, but Damien was actually decent at reading people (shut the fuck up to anyone who doubted this).

Granted, he thought that just about everyone was a fucking bitch.

Maggie was taking the cake, though. When Damien had first started partying with her and learned a little more about Maggie and this scary fucking Darrington name or whatever shit, he'd thought oh shit, a rich girl that isn't like other rich girls, because well... he'd gotten used to meeting prissy rich girls when it came to the whole accompanying Kirby's dad to stupid fucking political whatevers.

Sure, he'd spend most of those dumb dinners and shit fucking with Felix, but hey, they were two good looking guys. So of course they had chicks coming up to him, and Damien had gotten a taste for the different flavors of fucking rich girls, and he'd slowly picked out the ones he couldn't stand.

There were your bitchy rich girls. The ones that thought having money meant that they were holier than thou and that the world should be on their knees sucking their non-existent dicks.

Then there were the rich girls that had obviously been through so much shit that they were kinda fucked up. You know, the ones that had fucking eating disorders and were probably popping half a dozen pills to keep themselves from fainting, but hey, those ones were cool because they were always down to smoke.

There were the actual down-to-earth ones, the ones whose parents had made sure they were exposed to a shit ton of different things, and those were probably Damien's favorites. Those were the ones that didn't judge him as heavily for his past (aka his dad cooking meth in the bathtub and getting arrested for that shit), and those that didn't think people's worth were based on how much they had in their bank account.

Now, Maggie was the last type.

Maggie thought she was that last type. That down-to-earth type. But she was actually the fourth type.

The "I'm so, like, woke lol" type.

The ones that thought they were down-to-earth and shit, but were actually just as bad as the first type. They were basically rich girls in disguise. Sure, they might do some drugs, drink around, all of this lol rebel against their parents type of shit, but it was all fake as fuck, because they were still counting on daddy's money. And they still judged, and they were still selfish, and well... with that in mind, well...

Damien was fucking glad when Maggie ditched him. Fake ass fucking selfish ass bitch. He hoped she choked on her pumpkin spice fuckaccino.

And so, Damien finished off his cigarette before he dropped it to the sidewalk outside of the mall. He ground it in with the heel of his shoe because yeah, he wasn't about to smoke in a public space. Sure, he was a cool ass fucking bad ass dude, but Damien wasn't about to purposely break laws in the middle of the day.

(Especially not when he had some pills waiting to be used in his back pocket.)

With the cigarette disposed of, Damien headed inside, his eyes squinting as he read off the names of different stores, until he stumbled upon the dress store. At first he remained outside, and then Damien took in a deep breath, and he said goodbye to his manhood as he stepped forward and slipped into the dress store.

At first, the dress store employees looked as if they thought he was going to steal their money, but he ignored them as his gaze scanned the room until they found Luci -- you know, the chick that wasn't his girlfriend, but was still somehow the fucking reason that he'd set foot in this place.

With unsure, unconfident steps, Damien made his way over to Luci until he arrived next to her at the dress rack, his shoulders hunched forward.

"Hey," he grumbled, and then he reached forward, grabbing the fabric of a hot pink dress, which he pulled out and nodded towards. "This one looks good. Let's get it and go."

Bam. Done.

mood
fuck hangovers

outfit
last night's stuff

playing...
DONTTRUSTME
by 3OH!3​

mentions
N/A

interactions
Maggie, Luci

tags
Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202 Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy

º º code by ditto º º

• how she's feeling...

to be determined shortly...

josephine bennett

the wild card ~ 17 ~ junior

Overthinking was a word that had probably never before been used to describe Josephine Bennett in her seventeen years of life. But now? Well, right now she was doing just that. The dark-haired dancer sat impatiently in the back of an uber tapping her fingers against the car door to the beat of a verrrrrry boring song as her mind raced. Was this even a good idea? Is it too late to tell the driver to go back? Maybe she was being too impulsive...? Not that she ever did much that wasn't impulsive but still. Maybe she was reading into things too much and she was about to embarrass herself beyond belief.

No. No. No. Enough of that.

She shook her head as if to make the thoughts disappear and even though it logically shouldn't have worked, for Josie it did. Her mind was free and clear of any pesky doubts and she was back on track. She glanced up and out the window to see if they were there yet but shocker, they weren't. Ugh. It was like this guy was the big, fat turtle in that children's book about the racing animals. You know, the one with the little bunny? The fresh muffins she'd brought along were already...not-so-fresh at this point with how slow this guy drove.

Uber drivers were the worst.

Josie really missed having her own car but her parents "didn't trust her" after the whole tree incident. Which wasn't really that fair because it wasn't even her fault. The tree practically teleported in front of her because it totally wasn't there like ten seconds before the crash. And no, it wasn't because she dropped her blunt and had to reach down for it and ended up swerving a little off the road. The cops didn't even find any drugs on her so ha! She totally should've sued the tree for damages and her trauma or whatever.

Ten minutes, and another three boring songs later (seriously this guy needed someone to revamp his playlist because it nearly put her to sleep), the Altima finally came to a stop in front of a tall, bricked structure and the iPhone lady called Siri announced they had reached their destination. She pushed open the door and climbed out of the car, a quick "thank you" escaping her lips as she slammed the door closed behind her. Honestly? The brunette was just happy to be freed from such a small and rather boring space.

Josie quickly made her way into the building and up to the ____ floor where she finally ended up standing at the door of the all-too-familiar apartment of Saint Taylor. What was she doing at his place? Oh. Turns out that after a lot of smoking thinking Jo had come to the conclusion that she missed her ex, and well, she didn't want him to be her ex anymore. Yeah, yeah. Save the lecture, please! She wouldn't listen anyway!

Lifting the hand that wasn't holding the bag of muffins Jo went to knock, the force of her balled-up fist pushing the unlocked door open just slightly as if it hadn't gotten closed completely by whoever had walked through it last. "Helloooo? Saint!" she called out as she pushed it open the rest of the way and walked through the entrance. "Sorry for showing up unannounced," a typical Jo thing, "I kinda thought we could talk about something. I brought your favorite," her steps came to a halt as she moved further into the apartment and her eyes finally landed on their target.

Sure, him being down to his boxers caught her attention first because...have you seen him? In case you forgot, he's hot. It's no wonder she was stopped in her tracks by just the mere sight of him. But, it was more to do with the fact that he had company. Her chocolate gaze flickered over to said guest of honor who was clearly scrambling to clothe himself as well.

"Lucky?" Jo questioned, the confusion in her voice though she still had somewhat of a smile on her face. "What are you doing h-" she started... It took her brain a few seconds to catch up with her eyes but suddenly her smile faded. The truth of what he was doing in her ex-boyfriend's apartment was too obvious for him to even attempt to deny and it had hit Jo like a freight train.

"You slept with my-" words fell short...

Her what? Her ex? The guy she was still all head over heels for? The guy she had come to try and start things back up with? Yeah, Josephine Bennett aka the dumbest girl on the planet. Here to try and rekindle a relationship with the guy who didn't hesitate to sleep with her best friend. Maybe give her the lecture after all because she clearly needs it.

Tears pooled in the girl's eyes and she didn't even try to blink them away or hide her face so neither boy would see how hurt she was. She wanted them to see because she was hurt... and angry and confused. Like, her best friend and the boy she was practically in love with (look, it's high school, okay?) were sleeping together. Honestly, Josie had never hated anyone in her life but she hated both of them in this moment. "Why would you even? God. Char was right... about both of you. You're complete assholes," she said through sniffles.

Wiping the tears from her eyes, Josie turned to hurry out of the apartment but she felt someone reach out for her and spun back around. "Don't fucking touch me, Lucky!" she yelled as her eyes met his again.

"You know, I get that you don't make friends easily and you hate people or whatever but I thought that you actually gave a shit about me. I really though our friendship meant something to you. You don't know how to be a friend so what could I really expect? I was only kidding myself," she shook her head. Even if he wanted to chime in with something she was leaving very little room for him to do so.

"You're a shitty person and I wish I'd never met you and I never want to talk to you again," she added, the words even tasted like venom as she spoke them. It was all she had left to throw his way before she pushed out the very door she came in and ended up back in the hallway, hitting the elevator button over and over as if that would make it come faster. Of course, it didn't but eventually, the big metal doors did open in front of her and once she stepped inside it felt like every emotion known to man-kind came flooding into her body and the tears just streamed down her cheeks uncontrollably.

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

saint andrew taylor

Saint looked with his low-lidded eyes to the half-clothed boy. The light overhead was off, and only the light flooding in from the window illuminated the room. In the soft, grey glow, Lucky’s figure was mostly silhouetted. It was a moment that he captured in his mind and stored until later; it awakened some sort of inspiration in him — or perhaps it was just the weed. “Have you seen my pants?” Lucky asked.

Saint glanced at the ground, and the slowly back at Lucky, who had already found the article of clothing in question and was tugging them on. Saint lifted a hand to his damp, curly black hair, breathing out a soft sigh through his nose, and he lowered himself to sit again. There was no point in dressing; he was going to be alone all day, anyway. As Lucky sat down beside him, he looked towards the floor again.

He’d slept with Lucky. That should have been all of the story; that he slept with a boy who wanted to sleep with him, after they’d smoked some weed; that it was a decent fuck, some pleasant sex, and that was all there was. Saint, however, had something in his chest that told him that he should feel bad for this, for some reason. That he should feel some sort of guilt — that somewhere, he did feel some sort of guilt for this.

He didn’t have quite the interest to pry into it more, only to frown ever so slightly. He’d found, at least for himself, that nothing good ever really came from self-reflection.

He followed Lucky’s figure as the boy stood and pulled out his wallet. “How much do I owe you?”

Saint stared at him blankly. “Owe…”

“For the weed…,” Lucky elaborated, “not the…uh.”

Saint took another couple of moments to process everything, and then he opened his mouth to speak.

Knock.

The noise took him aback, and in his high-ness, he confusedly looked in the direction of the door. None of his roommates would knock, and he hadn’t ordered anything that would be showing up. “What…?” he muttered.

Then, a voice spoke: “Helloooo?”

A shot of panic pierced Saint’s stupor.

“Saint!”

That voice could make him stop anywhere.

The usually expressionless boy’s heart quickened, his eyes widening and his jaw going slack with panic. “Lucky,” he said quickly, in a quiet voice, trying to get his attention, as though that would give him any means to escape. His eyes were wide, and his heart was pumping.

He felt sober, awake, alert, and now, he looked for a way out as her voice approached.

Any way out.

He stood, turned around. Her voice was drawing nearer, and he only had a short amount of time until —

The footsteps abruptly stopped, right outside the door, and Saint turned his head.

His eyes fell on her — on Jo. She was pretty today, as she always was. She held a bag of something.

“What the hell are you doing here?” Saint asked breathlessly, his voice quicker and more breathless than it usually was.

She looked confused, but she was still smiling.

That would be gone soon. Far gone.

There was one thought running through his head: he didn’t want to see her cry — he didn’t want to make her cry again.

“Josephine,” he said, holding his hand out and taking a step towards the door, “you can’t —“

“Lucky?” Jo’s voice was confused.

Saint’s blood ran cold. She noticed him.

“What are you doing h —“

And then her face fell. Crumbled.

Something in his chest cracked along with it.

And just like that, the boy began to do what he did best: lie. “Josephine,” he said again, “it’s not what it looks like.”

"You slept with my —“

“Jo.”

Her eyes were growing glassy, glimmery. It was a painfully beautiful moment — she looked so damn gorgeous, and so damn sad.

And it hurt. It hurt him, and there was nothing he could do to deny it.

“Jo, don’t…” He drew in a deep breath. He reached down to grab his shirt, beginning to approach her. “Don’t…”

Don’t what, Saint? Don’t react to this? Don’t think anything of your ex sleeping with your best friend — your more-than-ex?

It hurt to think, to realize what was happening, and as he had this inner battle, this constant swirl of pain in his chest, he froze, unable to move or speak or continue or lie or anything.

“Why would you even?” she asked. “God. Char was right…about both of you. You’re complete assholes.”

“Jo.” That was all he could get out as he watched her cry, heard her sniffle. Just, “Jo.”

She turned to run out of the apartment, and Lucky went to follow her. “Don’t fucking touch me, Lucky!” she yelled, and the words and the pain in her voice reverberated in Saint’s head. The words weren’t at him, but it felt like they were — it hurt like they were. “You’re a shitty person and I wish I’d never met you and I never want to talk again.”

He still couldn’t move as he watched her turn and run, or as he watched the door slam, or as he heard her feet trailing down the hallway.

And then all at once, it slammed into him again — the gut-wrenching, heart-stabbing pain that told him to follow her, to do something.

And so, he shoved on his pants, tugged on his shirt, and ran.

“Jo!” he called down the hallway. “Josephine!” The elevator door down the hall shut, and he rushed to the stairs.

He took them two stairs at a time, and then three, and then he stumbled to the left and out the side door.

He was barefoot; the pavement was rough beneath his feet, but he hardly noticed it scratching at his soles as he called out to her figure, which was quickly approaching a vehicle: “Josephine!”

She stepped inside, and not a second later, he reached it. Without hesitation, he reached down and pulled open the door, throwing himself in the backseat, beside Jo.

There he was, face-to-face with a crying Jo, his own self sweating and breathless and moving far unlike himself.

This felt familiar, yet so, so different; sitting beside her in a vehicle, in a parking lot, with her crying.

It was too much. Too overwhelming.

“Jo,” he said, and then he repeated, “Jo.” He swallowed another breath. “Jo,” he said desperately, “you have to listen to me.”

mood

outfit

playing...
god's plan (drake cover)
by our last night​

mentions
n/a

interactions
lucky & jo

tags
gh0stwriter gh0stwriter jasmyn jasmyn

º º code by ditto º º

MOOD: girlll

OUTFIT: clothes

basics
MENTIONS:
Mike, Hunter, JACKIEE

INT:
ditto ditto (Kelli)
geminiy geminiy (Bella)
tags
TL;DR no
tl;dr
Veronica Crosby
To describe Ronnie's elation at the idea of being slightly tolerated by Mike Reid, who took closed-off to an entirely new level, would be...

Well, to put it simply, it felt good. And vindicating, among other things. Very often, one could find nothing but tumbleweeds and cobwebs nestled in the vacant depths of her mind. However, beyond the vast, thoughtless wastes that encompassed her brain, there was a sliver of light that suggested maybe—perhaps—some amount of higher thought persisted. The frivolous girl cared not for any praise toward her intelligence; she knew she could rely on her wit when the time came.

That being said, the seasoned Ronnieologist would likely have caught a glaring contradiction in this description: for a girl who valued her peers' opinions of her so highly, how could she be so nonchalant about her irritating outward appearance? It all lied in people's overall perception of her, rather than her interactions case to case. She could display a sharp wit to an individual with the deceptive purpose of getting what she wanted, and should that individual ever call her on it...

No one would believe them. No one would believe that airheaded, nonsensical Veronica Crosby could ever outwit anyone over the age of five. It was a genius scheme, really, minus the part that she hadn't schemed it at all. It was just natural to lie through her teeth, downplaying her intelligence for the sole purpose of putting on the exact face she wanted, which was most often that of a hopelessly clueless girl. The only flaw in her execution was indirectly admitting it to Mike in the heat of the moment, but it was only fair. He'd revealed a bit of himself, after all.

And now that conversation was in the past, leaving Ronnie to her next grand adventure the following week. It all started in, well, her bedroom, and would inevitably lead into her series of plans for the day. First came dress shopping with the girls (or, according to Bella, it was something like "les copines"), then came what was shockingly now the second time Ronnie was spending time with a hot guy she admired: Hunter Drake.

Running a hand through her freshly-brushed hair, the eager girl strode across the room to greet Bella. Her eyes followed the plate as it was gingerly laid on her desk, and she didn't hesitate to tear off a chunk of muffin and pop it in her mouth. A blissful smile stretched the corners of her lips, and she nodded at Bella with a look in her eyes that said it all.

"This is..." The redhead paused, then widened her eyes and slowly rested a hand onto her friend's shoulder. "So good." She took another piece, then another, until all that remained of the muffin was the flat, cylindrical portion of it. That part would be wisely saved for a desperate midnight snack, as evidenced by the shameful scattering of crumbs in her bed.

“It is such a lovely morning. Jackie and I went on a run together this morning and the temperature was absolutely perfect." Sounds awful, but Ronnie wasn't one to yuck on another's yums unless privately. It was a shame she wasn't big on exercise given her fashionable, albeit ostentatious collection of athletic attire primed for an uncharacteristically healthy outing on the... sidewalk? Track? Wherever people did exercise. "Ohh, Jackie! I love Jackie."

"Excellent shopping weather too, not too warm but not too cold.”

"Oh, you're so right! To be fair, though, I'd wear a skirt even if it was below freezing," she said proudly, doing one of her famous twirls, "And I have the pictures to prove it. Compared to weather at home, the cold here is, like, nothing." It sucked that she'd never have another use for her bedazzled snowshoes, though.

After a thumbs up and a nod to her friends, Ronnie grabbed the girls by the wrists and sped out the door, skipping and hopping to the best of her ability with the two girls in tow.

Onto the bus stop!
code by valen t.

Livanna Moore
"I'll hit that bong and break you off something."

@Livieeee is has updated her status to:
👗😜
@Livieeee has interacted with:
Nickie

@Livieeee has mentioned:
Ronnie, Hunter

@Livieeee has set her outfit to:
Liv-ish, with chains🥵

@Livieeee has tagged:
ditto ditto

Liv waited in anticipation to see what she’d say, looking towards the dress and Nickie like clockwork. Every millisecond that passed felt like eternity. If nobody tried on that dress, Liv was at least 85% sure that she’d go home crying.

Okay, that’s a tad dramatic.

But she was intent on convincing Nickie.

Liv didn’t have to say anything, her eyes had said it all.

Nickie.

Dress.

Nickie.

Dress.

Her attention fell and stood on the brunette as Liv waited for her to say something, and her head craned closer from where she stood on the platform, unknowingly catching looks from the people walking outside of the store.

“Welllllllll.... ?”

Another second passed, and…

“Oh, fuck it.” Nickie said, lifting the dress towards the sky like a toast.

“Spontaneity.”

Liv’s lips curled into a bright smile.

“Yes! Ladies and gentleman--” The tiny girl fist pumped in victory, hopping off the stage thing with one little jump, almost falling over but catching her balance at the last second, her arms outstretched as if it’d help.

“We got ‘em.”

Nickie disappeared behind one of the changing stalls and Liv set to explore.

This place sure was fancy.

They had coffee tables and expensive chairs in the middle of the room. Expensive paintings with those ugly looking antique frames-- that how you know they were expensive. The frame that looked so cheap that the paint was peeling off of them?

Yeah, those alone? Maybe likeeeee....

Five hundred dollars.

Maybe.

She wouldn’t be surprised if she found a champagne bottle or two.

Liv scoured the front desk, catching sight of a little sign on top.

It was adjourned with flowers and a white siamese cat on the front.

How adorable!

“I literally — I can’t fucking breathe in this,” Nickie said from behind the curtain while Liv was entirely too distracted on the places decorations to even notice some of the other dresses.

“Do what those crazy girls do,” Yeah, you know. The ones who wore a size three too small or something. She never really understood why they did that in the first place.

“Suck it in?” She suggested.

She picked up the sign, turning it around and expecting to see another cute image or some sort but was only met with a few words.

‘No appointment-- no entry.’

Livanna’s eyebrows rose in surprise, her mouth forming an ‘o’ shape, her lips thinned and she placed it back down onto the desk.

It isn’t the first time she was somewhere she wasn’t supposed to be.

She heard the curtains screech from the rings that held it up and Liv turned around to see Nickie, dressed in the gorgeous, perfect, ever so amazing dress.

And she looked…

Absolutely ridiculous.

: (

“Like, look! Literally, my boobs are, like, half-hanging out, and you can see my stomach flab, and, like, I can hardly walk, and — no.”

Liv bit the bottom of her lip, keeping her laugh contained.

“It isn’t… that bad Nickie, it's such a beautiful dress!” She pulled out her phone to snap a few pictures while the brunette wasn’t looking.

Just for the dress, y’know? Not to like, make this a memory or something dorky like that. Liv was completely and utterly in love with that dress.

It was a real shame it didn’t fit Nickie either.

See, now she kinda understood why girls forced themselves into dresses that didn’t fit. Beauty is pain.

“Absolutely not. I feel like a fucking watermelon with rubber bands around it,”

That time Liv actually laughed, but it was cut short by Nickie gasping in awe of a dress that she laid eyes onto this time.

“Holy — Oh my God, Liv.”

The shorter girl turned to see what caused such a reaction and she couldn’t help but roll her eyes.

It was cute.

She guesses, anyway.

It felt a little plain for her.

Just a little.

Liv didn’t like a lot of ruffles, or… puffiness. Don’t get her wrong, though. Livanna would love to dress up as a princess for a day but maybe like… a princess in all black.

Goth princess.

That’d be cool.

“It’s… okay, I guess. Not reallyyyyyy my style but...” Her words were said with one of those ‘eh’ faces, you know where your lips kinda tilted down? But it wasn’t really a frown? Something like that, yeah.

Anyway, she wasn’t super excited but Nickie--

Nickie was practically in love with it already.

“Let me get this off — I just — I have to try this —“ She pointed towards it and Liv was convinced Nickie felt like a kid in a candy store.

However that saying goes.

“— on.”

Liv chuckled, her brows furrowed, mildly but proudly confused by her sudden excitement.

She liked excited Nickie.

It was a nice change from the one who pretended not to be so sad all the time.

Most of the time, anyway.

(She knew.)

Maybe now it’d be a little bit harder to tell since Nickie wasn’t intent on throwing her insults here and there, but before that. It was easy to tell when she was.

“Okayyyyyy, I’ll be here… browsing.”

Nickie disappeared behind the curtain for the second time and Liv was honestly so disappointed.

She was willing to let Nickie steal it if it meant that somebody could wear that dress.

Y’know, the other dress that Liv liked.

If this place wasn’t so empty, she’d ask if they had her size.

Why would they only work on appointment days? That’s so dumb. If it’s such a fancy place with the door unlocked, that’s just bad business. At that point you’re asking for two teenage girls to break into your store.

Mistakenly.

But…

Liv ran her hand across one of the racks as she walked, catching a small glimpse of them through their clear protector made of plastic.

It wasn’t really that big of a deal, y’know?

They weren’t causing a ruckus or anything. They were just putting all these dresses to use instead of just allowing them to sit there, untouched and underappreciated.

She wonders if that’s what Nickie was trying to tell her earlier with all the ‘oh my gods’ and overuse of her name.

Woah.

That could easily be taken out of context.

Heh.

Whatttt?

It was funny.

And it wasn’t like she was actually thinking about it, it was just a joke.

Jeez louise, man.

She wasn’t a sex hound or something.

Liv was just an appreciator of the more finer things.

Aka: Nickie Abrams.

Platonically, of course.

“Oh shit. Liv. Liv, come here.”

She complied, spreading fabric and ducking through a row of dresses to get there, emerging from a nearby clothing rack and almost tripping over the pole below.

Liv glared towards the rack as if it was at fault for almost making her fall. She probably would’ve argued with it too if Nickie hadn’t walked out.

Liv glanced up, her eyes widening slightly.

Oh.

The dress wasn’t so bad.

Her heart started to beat a little faster and Liv had blamed it on the oxy she’d taken before Nickie picked her up.

Although, it wasn’t any of the usual side effects.

She didn’t think much of it.

Liv… was honestly not thinking much at all, at the moment.

“I think it’s a…”

Wedding dress?

“Wedding dress.” Nickie finished, laughing, she headed towards a mirror and Liv’s gaze watched her as she moved away.

She looked nice.

Liv felt a little bad for not giving the dress as much credit as she should’ve.

There was another saying, the man don’t make the suit or something? Oh! The suit doesn't make the man. Is that right? Did that apply here?

“It's super cute, though.”

“No, yeah. Super cute.” She said, gesturing towards the dress and putting her hands behind her back and leaning on an armchair.

“You know how they say, like, people say, like, whoever catches the bouquet at a wedding will be, like, the next married or whatever? Who the hell knows where that came from, but whatever.”

Liv didn’t say anything, but she nodded, waiting for her to continue. Her gaze traveled to the bottom of the dress and back up, staring back in the reflection that was Nickie’s.

She was telling some kind of story about having a crush when she was a kid.

It was cute.

But it kinda reminded Liv that she never really had that.

Yeah, Liv had crushes. Of course she did. She’s Liv.

But up until Hollywood Arts, she never really had that experience-- this experience. It was kinda cool now that she thinks about it. She winded up going trick-or-treating, she fell in love, she went dress shopping.

It sounded silly, but Liv felt like accomplished so much. They were everyday things that a normal person would do. Like, what a normal kid would do.

It still sounded silly.

Liv was just kinda shocked that Nickie had that and she was still kinda famous.

Okay, maybe Liv had a little more fans, but…

Nobody really knows how much she had to give up without being asked what she wanted to do, y’know? It was just expected of her. Like… her parents set everything up, and Liv had to do this and this and this to get where she is today.

And it’d be fine, she’d be fine if… she felt like it was worth it.

It was just a lot of the things that she…

Nevermind.

She was being dumb.

Liv tuned out of her thoughts and decided to actually pay attention to Nickie’s story.

“Oh my God, okay, this is so cringe. I was literally, like, so, so weird. Don’t judge me, okay?” Nickie glanced over at her and Liv placed her hands up in defense.

“Solemnly swear not to judge.”

“But, like… I was…I went up to him at lunch and said, ‘So when are you going to propose to me?’” Liv smiled, she assumed that this was supposed to be the cringy part but it was actually kinda sweet.

“And, like, keep in mind, like, like, I’m this girl with, like, super frizzy hair and super baggy clothes and super, like — like, shit like that and, like — like, he’s just, he’s like, so surprised, he just says, like, ‘I don’t know you.’”

She says ‘like’ a lot.

Like, a lot.

Nickie’s cheeks turned red from laughing, and Liv just softly chuckled.

Cue the baby-awe-stare.

Because that’s all that was happening these past few minutes.

Difference between this and earlier today, Liv was actually listening to what Nickie had been saying.

Well, some of it.

“Anyway, so I went home and threw away all of this — like, this book of wedding dresses and flowers and shit I’d drawn and all of the wedding plans I’d made for when he totally asked me to marry him, and then I, like — I, like, sat on the couch and cried until my mom came home.”

“Oh,” She frowned.

Nickie didn’t seem bothered by it though, considering she was smiling, but one of those actual smiles and not a forced thin one.

She had some kind of weird attachment to boys who didn’t deserve her. But it wasn’t really Liv’s place to say anything here. And if she did, Nickie probably would’ve been reminded of Hunter and then boom--

Their whole super fun day, ruined by one name drop.

“I was an idiot, still am one.”

The pair made eye contact when Nickie glanced over at her, “But that’s my appeal, right?” Liv knew it was a joke, obviously, but she couldn’t really stop herself from speaking.

“You’re not an idiot. You have way more appeal than--”

Nickie waved her reassurance, “Anyway, I need to get out of this dress before I get the urge to propose to someone again. It’s an issue. You know how people get, like, baby fever? I get that, but for weddings. Like, no idea why. But still —“

Liv leaned off of the chair while Nickie went crazy for another dress.

Yes, so… Liv should totally be looking too, but… there was really nothing else here that caught her eye.

Maybe that’s because she wasn’t really looking after she was let down by one dress.

Maybe that’s what was happening with Kayla?

A hand flew to the necklace around her neck and fiddled with it.

Huh.

Suddenly, a dress was shoved in her hands and Liv blinked in surprise, a smile appearing onto her face seconds after.

“Literally, go try that dress on right now. Like, immediate —“

“I don’t know, green isn’t my--”

“Good afternoon, ladies,”

The voice startled Liv and she looked up from the dress to see an older man, probably in his… old ages-ish.

He looked between her and Nickie.

“Can I help you?”

The sudden intrusion of their amazing day out, (so far) had reminded her of the sign she’d seen at the front desk.

‘No appointment-- no entry.’

Liv was a terrible liar, but…

“We…” She glanced over at Nickie with an uneasy smile, clearing her throat. “... have an appointment.”

Before the older man could see through her lie, Liv did what she did best.

Talk.

“The door was open, we walked in and helped ourselves since there was nobody here to do it... for us.” Okay, fine. She had no idea what she was doing, but that didn’t mean this was going bad.

“You didn’t call first?”

“Don’t you know who I am? Unbelievable, really. I can’t believe I’m getting this kind of treatment! First, nobody was here to greet me and point me in the right direction of…”

“... dresses… and now this?”

The fashionable man narrowed his eyes, clearly not convinced by the small girl’s excuses.

“Name?”

“Huh?”

“Under the appointment.”

“Oh!”

Oh...

He went behind the desk, grabbing a binder and flipping through a few pages.

Probably full of appointments.

Like, full, full.

Even if Liv wanted, she wouldn’t have been able to get an appointment to even look at these dresses until next year.

She had to think.

Thinking wasn’t her strong suit.

Who thinks before they act?

Normal people. Liv was far from normal, she knew that much.

“So, what was that name again?”

She had two choices.

Number one, come clean and possibly get kicked out of the mall without a dress.

Two? Come up with an elaborate lie that she probably wouldn’t be able to keep up even with the help of Nickie.

Flip a coin?

Nah. Too much work.

“Uh… Moore.”

She knew she didn’t have an appointment.

She knewwww.

“Sorry, it doesn’t look like we--”

The older man craned his head closer to the binder, his eyebrows rose in surprise.

“Jefferson Moore? Could that be--”

Ohhhhhh.

This was the gods. They’d given her this perfect opportunity.

“That’s… me?” She stated, although it sounded more like a question than anything.

“It says we weren’t expecting you until monday, this--”

“If I remember correctly, which I always do-- I made it for Saturday, which is-- today. Obviously.”

“You’re Jefferson Moore-- the author, correct?” His gaze traveled over Livanna, the barely 5ft, long haired female, who was wearing short-shorts and a crop top adjourned with chains. You had to believe that he was kinda skeptical that she was Jefferson Moore; the twenty-something year old author who made…

What kinda books again?

“... Correct.”

“And you’re here for a wedding?”

“Um…” Liv glanced over at Nickie, taking in the wedding dress she was wearing and shook her head.

“Yes?”

Liv thought he was going to kick them out, the look on his face was…

To be honest, this guy was not readable like, at all. He had one of those faces.

The older man closed his binder, placing it to the side and Liv’s body tensed, preparing herself for the inevitable outcome.

“I’m a big fan, Mr-- Uhm, Ms. Moore. I deeply apologize for the trouble,” He chuckled, and Liv was really confused for a second.

Why was this guy smiling, what was up with that?

“It’s just… it’s not a regular thing where you meet a faceless author. And given the name… I thought you’d be…”

She fucking pulled it off.

He was a fan!

Of the fake, probably man version of her, but she pulled it off!

It took Liv a few seconds to get over the initial shock, but she quickly jumped back into conversation.

“...Taller? Me too. Should we get this show on the road? I have a... book signing to get to after this.”

Oh. my. God.

It. Worked.

Liv was a genius. A literal genius.

He opened his mouth to say something, but closed it. He didn’t ask anymore questions revolving around her fake life and Liv was super thankful for that.

“So, should we be looking for you as well?”

“Dresses? Yeah, I mean, obvi--”

“Wedding dresses?”

Oh.

Ohhhhhhhhhh.

He thought they were--

No, no, no.

“Uh… no, no, she’s not… we’re not…”

“So… are you not looking for dresses with your fiance? We must’ve mixed--”

“Oh! No, she… is my fiance. But we’re… going to the wedding! Yeah, it isn’t ours… so, normal dresses would um… be appropriate.”

The man looked over Nickie’s apparel, furrowing his brows in thought, it was clear he wanted to say something but decided against it.

“Were you going to try that on?”

“Try what on?”

He pointedly looked towards her hands and Liv realized that she was still holding the dress that Nickie chose.

Green wasn’t her color, but…

Liv dejectedly sighed, nodding and disappearing behind a curtain rod, but not before flashing a really bright ‘Look what I just did.’ smile towards Nickie as soon as the man turned his back.

While Liv struggled to slip the dress on, she spoke.

“Omg, hey let’s do one of those like… you pick a dress to try on too, and then we’ll like… both come out at the same time, imagine it being like a really cute montage, you know like those… rom-coms or the super girly shows.”

Ask her to name one of those and she couldn’t.

Liv just knew they existed.

She had a little trouble tying the velvet ropes around her shoulders, but she assumed it was kinda correct.

“Hey, hey, hey, you ready? Yes? Yes? Cuz, I am and I wanna get this thing off already, I don’t have a mirror in here how terrible is that? Such a fancy place and I don’t even have a mirror in my own dressing thing?”

The brunette sighed, swaying around alone in the dressing room and as much as she tried to be patient, she just couldn’t do it anymore.

“You’re taking too long, I’m coming out and then we can--”

Liv slid the curtain open and saw her own reflection in the mirror across from her. She really had to stop judging dresses with the first look.

“Woah…”

Fine.

Maybe she can dress up as a princess for a day…

And actually like it.

There was champagne placed on one of the little end tables with a bow. Awwwwwww. He was a real fan! Too bad this was all a really big lie and this guy was gonna have his hopes crushed when they leave.

The dress was absolutely gorgeous.

Ten thousand times more beautifuler than the one that Liv was hung up on. The velvet, the chiffon at the bottom with little hints of gold. Not to mention it matched her locket almost perfectly.

She wasn’t showing too much skin. It looked classy and… ball-ish.

Perfect for a ball.

Liv cocked to head to one side, the corners of her lips tilting upwards.

“I look…”

Pretty.

Good pick, Nickie.

Really good pick.

Liv turned around to see Nickie and she still looked as gorgeous as she did in the wedding dress.

Did she not say that earlier?

“You’re seriously, so beautiful that it physically pains me.”

Well, she did now, so.

Liv turned back around to see her own reflection, seeing Nickie’s behind her like some really weird illusion thing because…

You know how mirrors worked.

Liv kinda just stared.

Not in a creepy way.

… Probably in a creepy way.

She just couldn’t help but feel… bad.

The whole thing last week at arts fest just made Liv feel even more guilty about what happened. Because if you really, really think about it… if Liv didn’t exist? Nickie’s relationship would’ve lasted, maybe a super long time.

Yeah, Hunter was the worst of the worst of guys and Liv was glad that they weren’t a thing anymore. But that didn’t change the fact that it was her fault. The brunette chewed on the bottom of her lip, gathering whatever confidence she had.

“I’m sorry,” She started, catching Nickie’s gaze through her own mirror.

Maybe it was best they were a few feet apart, helps with the… confrontation stuff.

Did this count as confrontation?

“For… you know.”

She probably didn’t know, so Liv definitely had to elaborate.

Damn it.

“For... sleeping with your boyfriend-- I know you guys weren’t a thing and he was a complete trashcan and I never should’ve done that but I just really liked him at the time and I thought he liked me back, but we all know how that wasn’t true and I wanted to tell you, but also not really because I thought you were gonna get mad and think I was lying, so I guess it’s better off Ronnie told you? Even though I really didn’t want her to--”

Liv took a deep breath, relaxing her nerves slightly and deciding to just get to the point.

“I’m just sorry.”
º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:

Landon Sinclaire

Arts Fest had been a success.

Okay. So not in the traditional sense. His project had been sabotaged. His sister still pretended that he didn’t exist. JJ still walked the earth. Usually, all of these things would be a real ball buster. But it turned out Charlie Howell had stolen the film which gave him and the others a ‘get out of jail free’ card.

He was pissed at Evie now, so she could not talk to him all she wanted. He’d encourage it if she was taking his calls and he hadn’t blocked her on Twitter. All this cause he found someone that made him happy? He got it. He lied. He betrayed her but they were working through that. Then the news that he and Gen had made it official shattered it.

That’s right.

Landon Sinclaire and Genevieve Johannes were official. He’d landed him the hottest girl in the world. Someone who made him happy. Someone who wasn’t afraid to call him their boyfriend. Someone who understood him and got what it was like to live the life they did. Always in the spotlight. Always being scrutinized. He loved the art, but being a public figure definitely had some drawbacks. And Gen got that. Got him.

And tonight was their first official date. They’d been dating for a week now, but hadn’t had the time to actually do the date part. Sure, it was business as usually for them. He was able to get away from Jace’s apartment for a few nights. Give them their space. But he didn’t stay gone for too long. It was cramped but it was beginning to feel more and more like home —especially since Jace allowed him to continue his redecorating streak. The place was finally starting to look like a real apartment and not some teenage boys’ bedroom.

All in all…things were good. He was at the beach which he loved. It always made him miss home. California beaches had nothing on the beaches back home, but they did the job.

“It’s hot.”

He huffed out a small laugh as he pulled the surf board from the roof of the car and leaned it against the car. “That’s kind of the point, Buddy.” He said as he grabbed the other board and did the same. “We’ll be in the water soon enough.” He said as he looked out at the ocean. Taking a deep breath, he smiled and looked over at Jace. “It’s gonna be a good day.”

He walked over and stood in front of Jace. “You’re gonna have to lose the shirt and I think you might have gone slightly overboard on the sunscreen, dude.” He said as he reached over and wiped a gob of sunscreen off Jace’s face. He was excited. Jace usually didn’t agree to stuff like this. “You excited? It’s gonna be so much fun. Just remember not to panic.” He brought his hand to Jace’s shoulder and gave it a slight squeeze.

“If it isn’t the loser crew.” Landon rolled his eyes as Dalton approached. The guy’s default was dick. And it was a shame. He was hot, but the fact that he spent his days walking around popping kids’ balloons and laughing about it as they cried made him a lot less desirable. “Ready to get your ass tossed around by the waves?”

He smirked as he faced the other man. “Always the optimist, Dolly.” He hoped Dalton would be able to remain civil. He needed today to go well. He turned his attention to Jace. “He’s joking.” And then he gave a ‘can you not’ look to Dalton. Needed to focus on Auggie and Jace and make sure they didn’t drown. Especially Jace. He’d never live it down if anything remotely traumatic happened out there. And he didn’t need Jace panicking before it even began.

“Good morning, ladies.” He knelt down and grabbed his surf board and held it under his arm. “Ezra, good to see you.” He looked behind him and smiled. “Hey Auggie.” And he knelt down to grab Jace’s board and held it under his other arm. Firgured Jace would just complain about carrying it or he’d somehow break it before they made it to the water.

“So, are we going to hang out and have morning tea? Or should we teach these surf virgins how it’s done.?”

He chuckled. “Don’t worry. We’ll be gentle.” He joked as he began heading toward the water.

mood
stoked

outfit
clothes duh

playing...
the final countdown
by europe

mentions
Evie,Gen

interactions
Jace, Ez, Dolly, Auggie

tags
ditto ditto

º º code by ditto º º

Charlie Howell
@howedoyoudo has set their status to:
I'm only doing this for Ames

@howedoyoudo has set their outfit to:
fuck it

@howedoyoudo has set their location to:
the mall

@howedoyoudo has mentioned:
Zeph

@howedoyoudo has interacted with:
Amy, Lin (over text)

@howedoyoudo has tagged:
Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202 ditto ditto

Charlie really, really hated when Amy was right for the sole reason that if Amy was right, Charlie was terribly wrong. She appreciated Amy’s advice, love, and support but sometimes, Charlie just wanted to wallow in copious amounts of self-pity and rocky road ice cream. Normally, Amy’s opening of the curtains and cheerful demeanour would have earned her a protesting grunt or a pull of the covers over Charlie’s head. But, she knew Amy was right so she simply threw on her best frown and curled her knees into her chest.

"Because they didn't kick you out so you can still attend any school functions. I even looked it up." Amy assured as she sat down on the bed by Charlie’s feet. Yeah, of course she did, Amy was always on top of things. She always knew what was up, always ready to solve any problem. "Plus I told you I took care of the rent problem for a bit, so that problem is solved."

“They should’ve just kicked me,” Charlie grumbled under her breath, her chin leaning forwards to rest on her knees. “It would’ve hurt less.”

"Not to mention...you do deserve this. You deserve to have fun, you deserve to be here with us, the ones who love and adore you.” No, she absolutely didn’t deserve any of that. She was a fuck up. “You've worked too hard all this time for you to go out locked up in your room. You don't believe any of that, but you do.” Amy was right, Charlie didn’t believe a goddamn word coming out of her mouth. “And this school is going to owe you big time once they realize the giant fuck up they made by doing all this to you, and putting you through this. And you know I'll do whatever it takes to make sure of that."

That was exactly the problem. Amy was far too good a person to get wrapped up in Charlie’s bullshit. Amy was talented, intelligent, a nearly perfect human being. Charlie was broken and lost and misguided, the only constant thing about her being her ability to get the people she loved tied up in her problems. No one in Charlie’s life deserved the backlash they were going to get from being associated with her. Not Joey or Trevor or Lin, most certainly not Amy.

But there was no point in protesting, Amy cared too much to let it go. From the second she opened those curtains and sat down on Charlie’s bed, Charlie knew that she was fighting a losing battle.

"If you don't wanna go out all dolled up we can go out a hot mess together. I'll take out these contacts and dawn on my geeky as monster glasses grab an old school oversized t-shirt and some old tennis shoes and cat print sweatpants.” Why was Amy doing this? Why did she still give a shit? “No make-up just us as us and go to some super not popular mall or whatever no one will even recognize us. We promised not to give up till the end, so don't give up...please?"

DING!

Charlie’s phone buzzed on her nightstand as her lips parted to speak. Breaking her gaze away from Amy, she reached open and looked at the messages on her screen.

you know how i invited you to come hang today?? lmao offer still stands
zephy n i are just hangin
come join us
i miss you n i hope you have a good day terminator
🦎

A soft sigh as the nails on her thumbs dug at the side of her phone case. Leave it to Lin, the most surprisingly influential person in Charlie’s life, to text her at such a prime moment. He was offering her a way out, some sort of escape out of all the stupid dress shopping and pretending that everything was okay. She could just go and fool around with Lin and Zeph, get into some proper trouble and feel something besides guilt and dread for once.

But then Charlie remembered all their jokes about the ball. She remembered how they jokingly asked each other to go despite the fact that they were dating. She remembered the casual daydreaming of them both being all dolled up and acting like complete idiots on the dancefloor. Charlie couldn’t let him down.

I’ll stop by later, okay?
I have something I gotta go do first.
I love

Charlie paused, her thumb hovering over the ‘y’. A few taps of the delete button.

See ya later, Terminator 🦎

“Alright.” Charlie finally resigned as she locked her phone and chucked it onto the body pillow across from her. “Alright, I’ll go. But I swear, if someone says one bullshit thing I am leaving and I’ll go to the ball in a potato sack.”

Slowly, Charlie pulled herself from her bed and grabbed the stuff for her shower and a change of clothes. Offering one final smile to Amy, and a quickly mouthed ‘thank you’, Charlie departed her bedroom to get ready for the day.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰​

Fuck the Los Angeles bus system on Saturdays. Too many people, too many idiots not knowing their stop, too many germy hands touching equally germy surfaces and then touching Charlie by accident.

Fuck, she really needed to get her license.

Eventually, the bus pulled to a stop in front of the mall and Charlie and Amy stepped off and onto the pavement. Charlie shoved her hands into the pockets of her overalls to stop herself from picking the remnants of her nail polish off her fingers. This was a bad idea, a right awful next level horrible idea. Someone was going to recognize them and stop them, maybe they even knew about the Chas controversy.

“Maybe we should g-” Charlie looked over at Amy. No, she wasn’t going to back out. She had already gotten this far, they were going to finish what they started. Charlie reached out and took Amy’s hand, her fingers giving a squeeze around Amy’s palm. “Let’s go in. The day isn’t getting any younger.”

Together, they stepped through the front doors of the mall and towards the dress shop.

º º code by ditto º º

Kian Phelan
@lockandkian has set their status to:
asshat

@lockandkian has set their outfit to:
frog hat baybeee

@lockandkian has set their location to:
his apartment

@lockandkian has mentioned:
n/a

@lockandkian has interacted with:
Felix

@lockandkian has tagged:
ditto ditto
Fuck his head hurt. His damn brain had a heartbeat entirely of its own, thudding around inside his skull as his forehead found its way to his palms, index and middle fingers rubbing smooth circles into his temples. His mouth was filled with sand, the surfaces of his tongue and cheeks refusing to moisten no matter how much he moved his face around. Plus, there was Felix. What was Felix doing in his apartment?

What did Kian even do last night?

“Do you…not…remember? You…” Kian blinked a few times as Felix spoke, his breath shaky and his voice depressed. No, no, no. Felix was not about to say what Kian thought he was going to say. “…and me… To think…that I… That I was just some little forgettable thing…”

Kian’s face paled as he looked up at Felix, his eyes drifting over his face. No, they didn’t. They couldn’t have. Felix was Felix, Kian was Kian. They were not compatible and Felix was like a sort of brother to Kian, not someone that Kian would ever fuck. Kian didn’t fuck his friends and if he did have to have sex with one of his buddies, it sure as hell wouldn’t be Felix.

Why are you looking at him like that? That wasn’t Kian saying he would fuck any of his friends, that’s ridiculous.

“And…and you told me…you loved me. Kian, did you…did you…” Kian swallowed hard as Felix clutched at his chest, over the heart that Kian apparently shattered. “Did you forget the passion we shared? After you told me we’d build a future together? After you told me that I would only ever be your one and only — you just forgot?!”

“Felix, I…” Kian’s voice trailed off with his eyes down to the floor, fingers lacing together between his knees.

How did he not remember that he had sex with one of his best friends? Were they in a relationship now? What sort of commitment did high Kian agree to? He would follow through, of course, because Kian Phelan was nothing if not a man of his word. But what had he agreed to? And why did his damn head hurt so bad?

“Nah, I’m just bored as hell. Nuh’ih’ to do. Thought I’d pay one of my best buds a visit.”

Kian looked up from the ground, his lips pressing into a fine line as he jumped to his feet. Raising fist, Kian gently punched Felix in the arm with a roll of his eyes.

“Asshat.” He grumbled as he hopped over the back of the couch and towards the bathroom. Flipping open the medicine cabinet, Kian grabbed some Tylenol before making his way towards the kitchen for a glass of water.

“So what you been doin’, bud? I mean, besides hardcore drugs. Got any plans for today or anything?” Felix asked as Kian grabbed a glass and filled it to the brim with water, drops of liquid spilling over onto his calloused fingers.

“I wasn’t that high.” Kian lied as he popped the pills into his mouth. “It was just one night, ya know? Just some fun to take the edge off.” The glass raised to his lips and the liquid helped the pain relief down his throat, the back of his hand wiping away a droplet of water running down his chin. “And I was planning on writing some more songs for the band today. But seeing as you’ve stopped by, I assume that plan means jack shit.”

Kian walked back over to the couch and hopped over the back before settling down into the cushions. “How did you get in here anyways? Breaking and entering is a crime you know.”

º º code by ditto º º

Ava Sanders

While Alex continued to ramble on, asking things and answering questions that she didn't really give a fuck about -- such as why she was going to hangout with Simone or Naomi or... some shit, Ava continued to do her own thing. This was kind of how it felt sometimes in their friendship.

Ava doing her own thing, whether it was making herself something to eat or, as she was now, bent over attaching cords and trying to get some semblance of organization behind the television. Although Ava was super disorganized in most aspects of her life, when it came to anything gaming related, she tended to put extra time into making sure that everything was as well put together and easily accessible as possible.

(She could also guarantee that whatever Alex was talking about, it hadn't been different, but she didn't care enough to try and argue with her stupid roommate.)

“What’s happening with you and… uh, JJ?” Alex asked.

At the mention of Jules' name, Ava was suddenly alert -- and she slammed her head into the television stand. Letting out a small string of curses, she winced as she pulled back out from underneath the table and rubbed at the back of her head with one of her hands.

"Nothing," she grumbled, her attitude kind of worsened with the whole throbbing headache. "Why the hell are you asking? Nothing's going on."

Nothing was going on.

They were just friends. They'd always been just friends. Nothing had changed, so why was Ava suddenly on the defense when her name was mentioned?

"Shouldn't you be going?" She asked as she pushed herself up to her feet. "I need to go. Gotta go grab uhh... Avery and Sawyer, so we can go to the umm... to the Haunted House, so uhh..." she cleared her throat, walking through the living room and towards her bedroom with a little wave goodbye in Alex's direction. "Bye."

Well she did have to go get them. Her reaction had absolutely nothing to do with the mention of JJ.

------------------​

About an hour or whatever the fuck later, Ava was finally pulling into the parking lot of the year round haunted house that she'd planned to visit today with Avery and Sawyer. Yeah... she'd gone and picked them up (Avery from the school dorms, and going to school on a Saturday had been a bitch), and Sawyer from the apartment that she lived at. The car ride to the haunted house had been... decent enough.

As in...

Well it hadn't been completely awkward.

They were kind of a weird group, though. Ava and Avery's friendship was kind of a you're a dumb kid, let me show you around the lit department kind of thing, and her and Sawyer's had been built on a healthy foundation of how the fuck do you handle dealing with JJ?

(The answer was Ava didn't really know.)

Now, they were here though, and nothing brought a group together quite like screaming in fear and apologizing for socking the employees in the face when they jumped out from behind you with a "boo!" so... yeah, Ava was ready to go. She climbed out of her car, locking the doors after her passengers had also exited.

"Uhh... do you guys got... money... or...?" She trailed off awkwardly. It was a polite way of Ava asking if she was also footing the bill for the haunted house tickets, right after footing the bill for gas, which was fucking astronomical and through the roof as it was. (Yeah, she kind of bitched a lot about prices.)

Her steps carried her awkwardly in the direction of the haunted house, her shoulders slouched down per usual.

mood
ehh

outfit
pfft clothes

playing...
song title
by artist​

mentions
Jules

interactions
Alex, Avery, Sawyer

tags
Soap Soap Xed Xed KingofAesir KingofAesir

º º code by ditto º º

Jace West

Comfort level? A solid 0/10.

As the remaining members of their little surfboarding gang started to arrive, Jace started to feel more and more uncomfortable about the whole situation. Not only was he several inches shorter than everyone else, but he was also paler... scrawnier... shrimpier... he was the ugly duckling of this little pod.

Now sure, he was always the ugly duckling, but not usually to this extent.

It was more obvious when everyone was hot and toned.

And Landon had wiped a glob of sunscreen from his face, and Jace's heart had kind of gone badum badum badum really, really fast, but that's about the time stupid Dalton had shown up, so he'd had to collect himself and pretend to be real cool again. So Jace cleared his throat and now did his best to just kind of act like nothing had happened as he only half-listened to whatever Dalton was saying.

“If it isn’t the loser crew.” The broody-faced fuck boy, Dalton, was saying. “Ready to get your ass tossed around by the waves?”

Hope it tosses your butt, dude. Jace thought to himself, and he had a slightly smug grin at his inner sass.

And then more people showed up -- Auggie and Ezra, and Jace didn't really know any of these people.

Landon picked up his board and Jace started to reach for his, but Landon picked that up with his other arm. There was an uttered "thank you" from Jace's lips, but it was so inaudible and quiet that Jace didn't really hear himself say it, either. So he shuffled his way after Landon and the rest of the gang.

And yes, he kept his shirt on.

“So, are we going to hang out and have morning tea? Or should we teach these surf virgins how it’s done?” the brick-faced fuck boy Ezra said, and Jace kind of gave him a little bit of a glare.

“Don’t worry. We’ll be gentle.” Gen's personal fuck boy, Landon, joked.

Which didn't really make Jace feel any better because well.... no one here was gentle. Jace was just hoping that he'd be able to leave with only a leg broken or something, because at least then he'd still be able to play the guitar. And oh, maybe he'd be able to get some more publicity for it if he just lied about how it had happened. Musician Jace West breaks his leg saving orphaned penguins off the coast of LA via surfboard.

Yeah, yeah... it was so genius.

As they came to the coast and Jace was faced with the ocean, he let out a little sigh.

"Is there a uhh... a-a-a... bu-bunny slope for ahh... for... newbies... but surf... surf bunny slope?" He asked awkwardly, even as he realized how dumb his words were sounding, but hey.

Jace had snowboarded. Jace wasn't a surfer, but they both involved boards on forms of water, so... he was hoping that it wasn't really all that different as he squinted out over the ocean.

mood
ehhhh

outfit
swim trunks and t-shirt

playing...
Someone To You
by Banners​

mentions
N/A

interactions
Landon, Dalton, Auggie, Ezra

tags
gh0stwriter gh0stwriter geminiy geminiy Xed Xed qunqun qunqun

º º code by ditto º º

Elizabeth Sterling

Well, with that weight now lifted off of her shoulders, Beth could freely go on her da-- hangout, her hangout with Spencer without having the guilt of that eating away at her. Yeppp. Date, just date, no matter what Kinni or JJ or anyone else was trying to imply on Twitter, because it was definitely just--

HANGOUT.

Just a hangout, not a date--

Not a just date, a just--

Just a hangout.

She was kind of surprised that Tori was going to just leave without asking any other questions, and Beth kind of figured that was because her sister was totally looking at her like she was adult now (finally), but then her words seemed to finally sink in for Tori. And then, here it came.

The questioning.

Damn it. And Beth had been so close to escape.

Elizabeth,” she started accusatorially, fully pushing herself off the bed to stand and slowly turn around to her sister with crossed arms and an irritatedly tapping foot, “you’re hanging out with Spencer? As in Spencer Gray? As in Ezra’s brother?

By Tori's overreaction, you would think that Beth had just informed her sister that she was selling her soul to the devil or, like, that she was running away to be a groupie or something.

“Jeez, Beth! Why — why are you just now —“ Tori struggled through her words -- how embarrassing. “What are you up to with him?

Beth opened her mouth to start giving some kind of explanation, except that Tori was apparently not done with her dumb little lecture and at this point, Beth kind of just started to fade out. She glanced down at her bedsheets, a frown coming to her face when she noticed a loose stitch on the comforter. Bummer.

She really should get new bedsheets, though. There was nothing cool or, like, hip about having pink flowery bedsheets. She needed something more sophisticated. Something that said "I'm cool." Like a gray or a dark blue or something. Something really, really modern.

Beth lifted her gaze up to her sister as Tori came to an end of her long-winded rant.

“I’m just going to have to pull a Juliet, or Mom will behead me. This is the end of my life.” A little dramatic.

“Ezra Gray’s little brother — Ez’s little brother… You’re kidding, right? You’re not actually going to go do something with him, right?” And then she repeated: “Right?!”

Beth sighed and moved to a standing position. Her plan was to fuck with her sister a little bit, but Beth had to have all of her things together and be close enough to the door that she could skedaddle without Tori being able to stop her. So she did just that, trying to act as nonchalant and natural as possible.

"Oh please, Tori," she scoffed as she made her way towards her desk. Beth picked up her keys and her cards, slipping them into her pocket. Her phone was already in one of her pockets, so she was basically ready to go. "It would be really tacky to go on an actual date with Spencer after I, like, just went on one with Ezra."

Sure, it had been a pity date, but whatever. Beth could still bring it up.

She headed out of her room, shooing Tori out of it with a hand before she closed the door. There was a sweet smile on her face as Beth headed for the front door.

"But you know, things happen, Tori, so if you see a sock on the doorknob of my room, that means don't enter, okay?" Beth said with that same sweet smile, and then she bolted for the front door of their apartment. She halted right before she closed the door and called through the parted door; "Also you can't die like Juliet without a Romeo, so ha."

And then Beth slammed the door shut and she took off before Tori could stop her.

------------​

Beth and Spencer had chosen to meet at a random fountain in a random park. She'd somehow arrived first (despite her sister causing so many delays in her plans today), so Beth had taken to sitting on the edge of the fountain. She'd shifted her sitting position several times already, trying to decide how to pose so that she looked, like, hot and mature -- not because she was trying to impress Spencer or anything because like, pfft.

This was just a nice friendly hangout, and Beth was totally not into him at all. Nope. Nope nope nope. They were one hundred percent just friends.

Her gaze looked down towards her cleavage, which was basically not there because like, she didn't really have boobs, and she gave a little frown as she lifted her gaze back up.

Not that she wanted to show a lot of cleavage because like--

Ahem.

Anyway, so she was just... waiting.

mood
ugh

outfit
clothes

playing...
It's Still Cool If You Don't
by Briston Maroney​

mentions
N/A

interactions
Tori, Spencer

tags
ditto ditto Xed Xed

º º code by ditto º º

Adriane Holloway

It was pathetic, really, how Trevor tried to so sarcastically say that he was intimidated -- implying that he wasn't, even though he absolutely should've been. And even if he wasn't saying it, Adriane was sure that he had to be. There was nothing not intimidating about Adriane, especially when she wanted your blood on her hands.

As he jerked his arm away, she crossed her arms over her chest and leaned back on one leg as she watched with narrowed eyes as Trevor gathered up his manuscript from the ground (so ha, she'd won that round -- as she won everything) and then straightened up. Eww. He needed to turn and walk away and get his disgusting little face out of her view before she vomited all over his oh so precious desk.

She watched with narrowed eyes as he made his way out of the room -- offering one last fuck you in her direction -- before he slammed the door shut and some of her anger was able to dissipate.

Kind of.

Adriane's phone vibrated in her pocket, and she pulled it out to check the alert -- reminding her about the modeling gig that she had coming up, so Adriane let out a breathy sigh. On the bright side, she was going with Maddie, and there was this little part of otherwise black heart that always swelled with pride to see her best friend (eww, forget she said that) performing in their craft. Maddie was a true natural.

She sent a quick text to Maddie, promising to meet her there, and then she closed her notebook so she could get and ready and go, but well...

It would be so dumb for her to let Trevor's acts to go unpunished. So Adriane grabbed her purse, poking around inside of it until she found her little pocket knife (what? She liked to always be prepared, no matter what the occasion may be), and she brought the tip of it down onto Trevor's desk.

Working quickly, Adriane managed to carve her little message into Trevor's beloved desk.

I have a small dick ~ Trevor

Hmm. Boring. Too small. She needed something bigger.

With a sigh, Adriane put her knife away and poked through her purse until she found a permanent marker. Walking up to the whiteboard, she decided to leave another little message.

And hey, Mr. Lancaster would probably be in class first, so it wasn't like anyone would probably see it except for him. So really, Adriane was being super nice.

Mr. Lancaster, I didn't get my homework done because I got my dick stuck in a vacuum and was in the hospital trying to get it out. ~ Trevor

With that, Adriane headed out.

Except that as she was walking, she left one little present for Trevor -- one that wasn't at school. Instead, she went onto Craigslist, typing up an ad in the males looking for males section. Just a little drop of his school email (unfortunately she didn't know his phone number -- boohoo) followed by a "looking for hookups, please send dick pics" into the description and... there, posted and done.

With a smug smile, Adriane slipped her phone into her purse and headed out to her car.

------------​

Yawn.

Modeling gigs got so boring after a while. Like, they were the same old thing day in and day out, and really, this one wasn't even that big of a deal. Like, Adriane was positive that she totally had this one in the bag because the bar was so low and she had so much experience.

Instead of heading inside right away, however, Adriane waited outside for Maddie. Although her friend had plenty of experience, she obviously wasn't as much of a natural as Adriane was, so she always needed a little extra handholding -- which was why Adriane was still out here waiting for her.

Her foot tapped impatiently against the ground as she scrolled through Instagram.

mood
workmode

outfit
something hot

playing...
Fuck You
by Lily Allen​

mentions
N/A

interactions
Trevor, Maddie

tags
ditto ditto jasmyn jasmyn

º º code by ditto º º

Nathan Woods

It wasn't really a question that Nate would ever ask again -- let alone ask Mike. Don't get him wrong, the dude had train wreck vibes, but not druggy train wreck vibes like... Liv did, or Josie, or any other number of people around this school that found their solace in popping a couple pills.

Nate would include himself in that, but he'd been told that he didn't have those druggy vibes. It had always come as a surprise back in Kansas, and again when he moved out here to ask for drugs or to bring it up. He was clean cut and even when Nate had been at his lowest, he hadn't allowed his appearance to follow suit.

(There was also all the surprise that surrounded Nate admitting to a select few people that he was bi, to the point that Nate had decided to keep it secret. There was something about being told "no way, you don't look it" that had kind of made him super insecure about it.)

Instead of answering his question right away, Mike kind of avoided it.

“You just blasphemed against the Great and Holy Just Say No VHS tapes of antiquity, babro. Better say your prayers to the big Shit-Quality VCR Player in the sky before all shitty middle school counselors who don’t do their jobs anyway come out here to half-heartedly stab you with their number two pencils for saying that, gasp, weed’s not a real drug,” Mike joked.

Nate let out a chuckle. Yeah, he got the joke. No one had paid attention during those lectures -- actually, Nate was pretty sure that he'd sat through several of them with his eyes squinted trying to piece together what was happening because the high he was riding was making it hard to even stare straight forward.

Haha.

Mike was still avoiding the question.

Nate wouldn't care if he said no. If Mike said no, that Mike didn't touch drugs, he'd give a little shrug of his shoulders and not press it. He'd actually grown since the past, when he'd pressed the drugs onto those around him (such as a young, bright-eyed Livanna Moore), and he could respect people's decisions. Even if they were kind of wrong decisions, because drugs just... made everything so... much... easier.

“All of that Just Say No shit was bullshit,” Mike said, looking back over at Nate. “Sure, I do drugs. What you got?”

That was what he wanted to hear, though.

A wisp of a smile lit up Nate's face.

"Nothing bad," Nate explained as he placed the blunt back between his lips so his hands were free. He patted at his pockets until he found the drug in question, and he pulled out a little baggie with just some pills in it. He held it out to Mike, waiting for him to take the baggie, and then he took a drag on the blunt before pulling it from his mouth and exhaling quickly. With his free hand, he tapped the bag.

"Just pop a couple," he instructed, "nothing bad. Just morphine."

The softest of drugs, in his opinion, anyway.

mood
idk

outfit
clothes

playing...
song title
by artist​

mentions
N/A

interactions
Mike

tags
ditto ditto

º º code by ditto º º

MOOD: Chill but about to be hella anxious

OUTFIT: Flannel, Def Leppard shirt, mismatched converse

basics
MENTIONS:
Winona Winona Xed Xed AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami PenguinFox PenguinFox

INT:

Winona Winona Xed Xed AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami

--------don't type anything after this comment--------

[/COMMENT]
tags
TL;DR Newt got an offer from Kayla's manager. He then dragged Kayla with him to the mall to meet up with Ash and others. Definitely not crushing on Mikaela.
tl;dr
Newt
You know I'm stupid for you
It was quite fortunate for Newt that his act was one of the last ones of the day for Arts Fest. It meant he had gotten to enjoy all his friends showcases. The unfortunate part was that his anxiety about his own upcoming performance was quite distracting. Throughout the day he kept catching himself spacing out and biting at his middle knuckles. These bad habits only increased in frequency as time ticked by. Every passing moment doubled the anxiety running through the boy's rainbow head. He couldn't stop thinking about the fact that this was his first real performance and it was in front of a rather sizeable crowd; or maybe that was just his imagination. Either way this was the most people he'd ever performed in front of and it was his debut nonetheless. This one moment could make or break his career. That felt like a lot of pressure to put on a teenager.

By the time it was time for his performance Newt had probably paced a distance of a few miles and his knuckles were raw and scabbing. While he knew he couldn't back out now, that would kill his career before it even began, the idea of just not performing sounded a lot more comfortable. He was surprised he was even able to stand as he was backstage minutes before going on. Somehow though, Kayla managed to steady his nerves enough that he wasn't trembling. She reassured him several times that all he had to do was go out there and do what he did best; have fun.

The pair made their way on to the stage and as Kayla did some crowd work Newt did his last minute checks of his in ear monitor and the looping equipment surrounding the drumset. The challenge of what he was doing was in the fact that the beat for the song was fairly simple. In their attempt to do something unique Newt was going to loop the second and last beats of every measure. The timing for everything was complicated but the pair had confidence in each other's abilities. Newt's main focus was to not screw up Kayla's timing with a wonky beat. He focused his mind with a couple stick tricks while doing his best to block out the crowd. Mismatched eyes flicked back and forth between Kayla and the equipment in front of Newt. His feet got to work hitting various pedals as he set up the loop. Once the song really started he began the live part.

If he were to tell the truth, Newt had no recollection of how things went during the performance. He was so focused and turning loops on and off while playing that his brain didn't even process any reaction from the crowd. About halfway through their song he even felt his stress fade away and he began to have fun. For the drum solo they had planned out for him, Newt let loose. He didn't do anything out of the genre of the song but he did his best to showcase what he could do.

Normally Newt preferred to finish with either a cymbal roll or crash but it would have felt quite out of place in the song and really in his mind; this was Kayla's show more than it was his. In his mind this was about her and he was just there to support her, so he settled with a diminuendo; a wide grin plastered on his face as the singer did a few extra runs at the end.

The rainbow haired boy followed after Kayla as she left the stage from a loud crowd. He knew that they were mostly there for her, especially since she was already established as an artist, but he liked to think that at least some of that noise was for him. The thought that he may actually have....fans was mind-blowing to him and it set his adrenaline racing. He was addicted in an instant. He was about to congratulate Kayla on the amazing performance when a man pushed his way up to him. He introduced himself as Kayla's manager and label rep, and he had an offer for him...

~

The unofficial after party of arts fest was an absolute blast. Newt hadn't ever been to a foam party before, in fact he had never even heard of such a thing but he would never turn down an invite to a party of any kind. He decided against telling anyone about the offer made to him by Kayla's agent, but he did have other reasons to openly celebrate. After dealing with Tony at the performance the younger Newton sibling Lulu gave Newt some exciting news. She had been offered a scholarship to go to Hollywood Arts based on a recommendation of someone. He was absolutely ecstatic for her, not just because he loved his little sister to death, but because she really truly deserved it. Her talent behind the lens was unquestionable. So at the party maybe a few drinks were had in her name....

The next weekend Newt was invited to hang out with Ash at the mall. He had been recently feeling like her and Kayla were....awkward around each other so in an attempt to get them closer he decided to invite the latter girl. Neither seemed to want to spend time with each other alone, but surely if he was there things would be okay right? So he met up with Kayla before wandering the mall with her for a while, making casual conversation. He didn't let on that they were specifically heading for the dress shop. Newt had no idea why Ash wanted to meet up there but it was whatever, he just enjoyed the company.

Newt heard his name being called out and was barely able to react in time to a body flinging themselves into him. A laugh rolled out of his chest as he hugged Ash back, swinging her back and forth in the embrace. While Newt never played favorites with any of his friends, there was something oddly comforting about Ash's presence. With Lin, Newt lost all three of his braincells and went wild. With Kayla it was a calm fun, but she always seemed so much cooler than him and it felt like she could easily replace him. Not that he thought she would, more that he couldn't measure up. His friendship with Ash was more....summer day was the best way he could think of it. Things were more carefree feeling.

"Oh come on, I was not the life of it." Newt responded, doing his best to avoid thinking that eyes were on him that night. He hated feeling like people were actively watching him; a fact that often made him wonder why he wanted to be a musician that would be in the public eye. It didn't change his aspirations or his motivation to achieve them, just question why they were.

As Ash pulled away from him she noticed that Newt had brought a plus one and who exactly it was. His eyes moved between the two, gleaming with hope that was quickly dashed with the blonde's words. If it wouldn't be entirely obvious he would've face-palmed. He had to fight the urge to physically cringe at how awkward that interaction was. He gave the pair a sheepish smile as an apology for not telling them the two would see each other. In his defense though, Ash didn't explicitly say he couldn't bring Kayla so....he wasn't in the wrong right? A quiet "Ow." escaped Newt's lips as he felt a pinch in his side. Evidently Kayla did not think this was as good an idea as he did.

Almost as if it was payback Ash announced the real reason she wanted Newt to be there; dress shopping. Despite how hot he may or may not look in a backless gown, dresses weren't really Newt's style and Ash was consistently reminding him that his taste in fashion was...subpar. "Soooo.....I'm here for moral support?" he said before pausing to think a moment. Well he'd still be hanging out with friends....and he couldn't say no to puppy dog eyes that the blonde liked using on him....or say no to ice cream..."Alright fine..." he relented. His tone made it out to be a major inconvenience but his smirk and the glint in his eyes showed he was just being dramatic for fun.

Newt's willingness to help drastically dropped when his friend mentioned that Mikaela would also be showing up. Not that there was anything wrong with her. In fact the opposite; Newt thought she was super cool, and fun, and funny, and nice, and maybe also a little pretty too. He just got a little awkward around her for no reason whatsoever, that's all. Ash then began fussing with his appearance. "What's wrong with Def Leppard?" he protested squirming like a petulant child under her unwanted preening. "They match my eyes, duh...sorta. They match the fact that they don't match." His hands lazily swatted at Ash's in defiance, but gave her enough time to accomplish whatever it was she was trying to accomplish. "What do you mean be-" his question was cut off by her waving to someone behind him. Turning to look it was, of course, none other than Mikaela. His voice caught in his throat and he managed to produce an only slightly awkward smile. Ash was trying to be a wingman, that's why she was messing with how he looked. If he were to have actually had a crush on the brunette making her way over maybe Newt would thank his blonde friend, but that wasn't the case so there would be none of that. She had somehow gotten the crazy idea in her head that Newt was attracted to Mikaela and while it wouldn't be a surprise because of how awesome she was, he had no feelings for her other than friendship. Yep, they were just friends.

"Hey Mikky, how are you? No more encounters with strangers I hope." Newt instantly regretted the words as they came from his mouth. Hopefully no one would ask about that question that would seem strange to someone not in on the joke. He looked to Ash for help, telepathically pleading with her to help him out and not let him look like an idiot; after all it was her fault this was all happening anyway. "So Ash...dresses? That's what we're doing?" His gaze then moved over to Kayla. She was cool, he didn't have to worry about her making things weird, but just in case he gave her the same look and telepathic plea as Ash.
code by valen t.

Zeph Evermore

Unfortunately, both of Zeph's suggestions seemed to be discarded pretty quickly, and his heart kind of dropped into his stomach. Great, so Lin didn't want to take things easy today and just casually hangout at the apartment and play some inconsequential videogames while fully clothed.

That was... that was so fine.

“See, Zephy,” Lin said as they walked towards the living room, “what we’re doing today is something big. Somethin’ super big, never heard of before, ya know.”

Never heard of? Hadn't every illegal crime and non-illegal thing been done several thousand million times before? Surely there was no way that Lin had managed to come up with something that was completely and totally unheard of. There was just... there was just no way, right? Right. Right.

Zeph had still been casually following Lin into the living room when Lin suddenly spun around and placed his hands on Zeph's shoulders, causing the tall sophomore to come to an abrupt halt. He looked down at his shorter friend until Lin suddenly yanked him down so they were eye level.

He was caught awkwardly in Lin's gaze as he started to speak.

“Young Grasshopper, it is time that you finally graduate to bigger things.”

Was vandalism and stealing not big enough?

“Are you ready for this mission, Double-O-Seven? There is no turning back.” He looked off into the distance, sniffling. “Many a young boy has fallen at the hands of this perilous journey…” His eyes trailed back to Zeph’s again. “Are you up to the task, O Zephy-Poo, Great Chosen Beaver Ass Prophet? Or do you quit now, and disappoint me and Lins everywhere?”

Nope.

He quit right here and now, and he was gonna turn and walk out of the condo and pretend that all of this had just been some bad fever dream. That would be the smart thing to do, because none of Lin's ideas ended with Zeph feeling better about himself or enjoying himself. They always left him with a confusing mixture of adrenaline and anxiety, heart pounding in a mixture of fear and some kind of weird high.

But he could get that good high, that adrenaline rush in other ways.

.... And yet, he found himself still frozen there in place.

Zeph swallowed a lump in his throat and gave a little nod of his head, and then he realized that he actually needed to speak. Like for real speak, not just nod nod and expect Lin to understand him.

So, through dry lips uttered from a dry mouth, Zeph managed to speak.

"I'd never let you down, General Lin," he said as he straightened up from his friend, giving the shorter boy a shaky-handed salute. "I'm willing to take the risk in the name of uhh... ahh... the name of... bigger... things...?" Yeah, yeah, because that sounded oh so sure and oh so positive.

He hadn't been able to come up with anything better off the top of his head.

As he dropped his hand back to his side, Zeph pressed his palm against the side of his thigh to try and stop it from shaking.

"What's the mission?"

mood
coolio

outfit
no, he's not getting super fancy

playing...
We Like It
by Computer Games​

mentions
N/A

interactions
Lin

tags
ditto ditto

º º code by ditto º º

Ashton West

Deep breaths.

A nervous hand pressed against Ash's stomach as she smiled in Mikaela's direction as the other girl made her way over. Today, she tried to remind herself, was going to go well. Like, they'd do all of the stupid dress shopping stuff, Ash would tell her friends that they looked really pretty, and then she'd like... leave and go home or something. She hadn't completely, like, thought through the entire rest of the day or whatever.

Obviously. Duh. Like who thought through their whole day?

After Newt was properly fixed up (he could thank her later), she smiled in the direction of Mikaela as the pretty brunette walked over. She was like... kind of glad that Mikaela would be there. Like, not that she disliked everyone else that was going obviously. It was just that like... JJ was JJ, so sometimes she kind of made it hard to like... shop with or whatever. And like, Charlie and Amy were great, but they were Trevor's roommates and best friends, so she felt like she was always kind of walking on broken glass around them now because like she didn't want them to dislike her, and it was just--

And Kayla hated her, and Newt was cool but he was a dude so it wasn't the same, so like--

A gold star for drunk Ash in inviting Mikaela, because maybe Ash would actually be able to relax.

“Hey Kayla, hey Stranger,” Mikaela started, “I’m hurt Ash, did you perhaps not want me here? And after I got all excited about your invite at the foam party too.”

It was the foam party, and now Ash was a little worried that she'd invited more people to go dress shopping while she was under the influence of way too many shots. Or that she'd said or, like, maybe other plans that she wasn't going to follow through on because she couldn't remember, and that kind of served as an extra little stressor to her, but Ash kind of just smiled at Mikaela and tried to forget that.

No reason to worry.

"Oh my god, yeah, of course I wanted you to come," she said with a laugh. It was true, even if she'd kind of forgotten about the whole inviting Mikaela thing.

"Hey Mikky, how are you? No more encounters with strangers I hope." Newt asked, and Ash's smile didn't fade, but her eyebrows did draw together in a look of confusion.

See this was why Newt needed backup when it came to, like, flirting or even speaking with Mikaela. He just said, like, totally weird things -- and then he looked in her direction and Ash just gave a helpless little shrug of her shoulders. Like, how was she supposed to help him out of that?

"So Ash...dresses? That's what we're doing?"

Dresses--

Oh, wait, duh, right.

"Oh, uhh... yeah," she said with a smile and a tilt of her head towards the dress store. "Come on. I was thinking, like, maybe a purple dress or something for you, Mikaela?" Ash started to chatter away as she looped her arm through the other girl's and tugged her towards the dress store, fully expecting Newt and Kayla to follow after them. "I think you'd look so pretty in a purple dress. What do you think, Newt?" She asked.

See? Wingwoman thing? Yeah, Ash was so nailing it.

And the next while just kind of like... it went by as it went by. Nothing really too interesting. Pointing out dresses and whatever, although Ash didn't really find any for herself. Yeah, if it wasn't made clear before, she really wasn't a fan of the whole dress shopping thing -- at least not when it came down to her also having to try on the dresses. She just always felt like she just like... didn't fit them well.

Sure, Ash was also distracted with the whole Twitter fiasco. Like, she knew that she shouldn't have gotten so worked up or whatever, but it was just like... JJ got under her skin, and then Maggie said that, and there was still a little bit of jealousy tugging at her stomach, and then it just-- it just-- it just-- it just kept... going, and it kept snowballing, and it moved onto like Instagram. And Ash wasn't like, completely stupid, and the timing was just so that Ash knew that Maggie's little Instagram? Had been a dig at her -- and then JJ attacked her for whatever reason, and thank god for Gen, because Ash didn't know how to be a bitch over social media super well, and she was just... she didn't wanna just... sit back or she didn't know what had come by and turned her this way.

By the end of it all, her stomach was churning. She kind of felt light-headed, and she felt hot. Like hot hot, where she felt like she needed to take off her jacket, but that would like... that just wasn't like something she could do, so Ash just took to trying to flip through dresses whose fabrics were all kind of meshing to the point that her dizzy eyes couldn't really distinguish between the different fabrics.

JJ had apologized to her in her own JJ way. Ash had apologized to Maggie. It didn't really do much to help her own guilt regarding the situation, but it like... she could recognize when she'd been wrong and stepped out of line, so yeah, she'd apologized -- which seemed to be something that she was doing a lot this year.

What was it that Callum had said?

"You're a shit person. And you apologize, but it's all superficial. I don't want your bullshit 'You're right' and 'I'm sorry' because it means nothing."

Right, that's what he'd said.

Like sure, it had been a while since that had all happened, but Callum's words were still kind of burned into the forefront of her thoughts far too often, especially in situations like right now. Like it didn't matter how much she apologized, because her apologies didn't mean anything.

There was a gripping feeling in her lungs. Her eyebrows drew together. Her tongue pressed against her teeth as she set her jaw. Orange, blue, purple, yellow... she tried to focus on the colors of the dresses in front of her as she flipped through them, but her shaky fingers could barely even move from one fabric to another.

Oh god, oh god. How could she make this right? She couldn't make this right.

What else had Callum said about her?

"Fuck you shitty apologies. And fuck you. Is it so much to ask for you to just recognize for one second the extent to which you made me feel like shit?"

Yeah, fuck her, and fuck her especially right now, because she'd just done what she'd done to Callum before and, like, Hunter or something, and-- and--

Yeah, fuck her, because she made people feel like shit without even trying. Like she hadn't said that Maggie was a homewrecker at all -- Ash hadn't even meant that, but it seemed like no matter how she might try to speak, people tended to take whatever she said and spin it in their own directions.

Her lips pressed tightly together and then her teeth dug into her bottom lip.

The colors were melding together more as her vision grew bleary and confused, Ash brushed a hand at her eye. It was wet. Her hand was wet. Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Deep breaths.

More shaky deep breaths.

It wasn't what she'd meant, it wasn't what she'd meant.

She'd just been hurt, just been hurt that her boyfriend didn't even want to be seen with her, but was completely fine being seen with someone else. Like not that Ash blamed him, because Maggie was... amazing. Like, she was the kind of girl that everyone wanted to be like, right? So of course he'd rather be out with her than out with Ash, but that didn't mean that it hadn't stung any less when he'd chosen Maggie over Ash.

(Again, it was amazing the conclusions that one could draw when they refused to speak about something.)

She pressed her sleeves against her eyes until the wetness was gone.

Deep breaths.

Forcing a weak smile onto her face, she pulled a dress down that was about Mikaela's size, but probably not at all Mikaela's style. It was, like, all super sparkly and stuff, but Ash needed some kind of distraction -- and somewhere in the rows of fabrics, she'd managed to lose sight of Kayla and Newt.

"Hey, Mik," she called as she approached the other girl and then held it up next to her with a smile. "What do you think? Totally your style, right? Like, you'd look amazing."

Yeah, totally amazing in the long pink dress with tulle (ya know, that fancy fluffy bit at the bottom).

"Your date would be all, like, omg Mikaela, you look sooo hot," Ash continued to joke with a giggle before she placed the dress back on the rack beside her. It just didn't really feel like Mikaela's style, so she started to flip through the dresses near to Mikaela. "So... do you have a date to the Ball?"

Ash was asking for Newt's sake. Duh.

mood
ehhhhh

outfit
something cute that JJ definitely hates

playing...
Hate Me (Sometimes)
by Stand Atlantic​

mentions
JJ, Maggie

interactions
Newt, Kayla, Mikaela

tags
PenguinFox PenguinFox AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami Xed Xed

º º code by ditto º º

MOOD: Friendly

OUTFIT: Something kinda comfy

basics
MENTIONS:
N/A

INT:
Naomi Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202
tags
TL;DR Smoking and advice
tl;dr
Bailey

Naomi was accommodating enough. She even had Cheez-Its, that was a win in Bailey’s book.

“At least there’s eyes on your projects so you can get picked up” They offered. They didn’t really have too many premade connections going into the business. Their sister was an actor, and they had a couple of fledgling directors that liked their work. Outside of that, well, they were going to need to get eyes on their work in order to make it.

A smile and a reassurance for help with the blunt. Thank fucking God they had no idea what they were supposed to do with it.

The dressmaker watched the smoking. Okay. Okay. That’s how they were supposed to do it? Right. They could do that. Easy. Totally wasn’t trying to hype themselves up in order to get the courage to do it.

A deep inhale in and- okay that was a burning sensation in the back of their throat. They didn’t have pain tolerance back there oh no-

There was some coughing involved. Super cool of them. But they managed to do it so… win!

Naomi was continuing to talk now. And Bailey was trying to listen through the haze of weed. They got like… 90% of the issue at hand, so they could formulate some kind of coherent response.

“Well. They wouldn’t offer it to you if they weren’t confident that you could do it, yknow?” Yeah. Coherency. 10/10. “So like… Unless it’s like.. You enjoying your privacy behind the scenes thing, which is totally cool too, I think you should do it.” Bailey paused, they handed the blunt back to Naomi. That was something they were supposed to do, right?

“I mean, in the real world it won’t really matter what you were trained to do they just want to see if you can do what they want you to do.” Was this accurate? It didn’t really sound accurate. Maybe they weren’t getting Naomi’s issues.

“I mean like… what’s holding you back from actually doing the recording?”
code by valen t.

nickie abrams.

Oh. Shit.

Nickie jerked, then froze, and her heart dropped to the floor.

Nickie — had she said this before? That she was, like, really, really, really bad in stressful situations? Like, because she was. She was so bad. Like, so, so bad. Like, there was awful, then there was pitiful, and then there was awful and pitiful, and then, there was Nickie’s ability to handle stressful situations.

Slowly, she turned on her heel, then she trailed her eyes up to the man’s face. “H…hi.” She gave him a tight-lipped smile. “We just…” She swallowed hard. “Uhm…” Think, Nickie, think.

There were no thoughts. Only panic.

She looked over at Liv, wide-eyed and mouthing, very obviously, “WHAT DO WE DO?

Liv caught her gaze and gave her an uneasy smile. “We…have an appointment.”

Nickie blinked in disbelief, her eyes widening. “We —?!“ she started to repeat, dumbfounded, but then she realized that only made the situation look worse. She cleared her throat, and she reached up to smooth down her hair. Looking to the man again, she gave a pleasant smile, folding her hands at the front of the — oh shit I’m still wearing that dress. She raised her chin, because confidence. “We have an appointment,” she repeated.

“The door was open,” Liv continued, “we walked in and helped ourselves since there was nobody here to do it...for us.”

Nickie nodded emphatically in agreement. “Exactly. Like…we kind of thought that, like…” Her voice was quivering, and she swallowed and trailed off. “Yeah,” she said. “Mmhm.”

“You didn’t call first?” asked the man.

“Call,” Nickie echoed, and then her eyes widened again. “Call?” Shit. She looked over at Liv, mouthing, “WHAT DO WE DO?

“Don’t you know who I am?” Liv said. “Unbelievable, really. I can’t believe I’m getting this kind of treatment!”

Nickie’s brows furrowed in confusion. What are you doing?

Liv just kept going. “First, nobody was here to greet me and point me in the right direction of…dresses…and now this?”

Nickie blinked. “Oh my God,” she mumbled beneath her breath.

She was stupid. She was bad in stressful situations.

And then — oh my God — there was Liv.

The man narrowed his eyes at Liv. “Name?”

“Huh?” Liv asked.

“Name,” Nickie repeated the man defeatedly with a sigh, giving Liv a glance.

“Under the appointment,” said the man.

“Under…the appointment,” Nickie repeated in a mutter. She rolled her eyes, unclasping her shaking hands and pressing them at her sides.

They were so about to get kicked out.

“Oh!” Liv gasped.

The man walked briskly to the desk, then reached forward and grabbed a binder full of pages. Beginning to flip through them, he asked, “So, what was that name again?”

“Liv,” Nickie hissed. She stared at the other girl for a moment, trying to get her attention.

“Uh…,” Liv started.

Liv,” Nickie repeated, her whisper more frantic this time. Stop. Stop it right now.

“Moore.”

“Oh my God,” Nickie breathed, groaning internally. She reached over and elbowed Liv as the man searched through the pages, mouthing, “WHY DID YOU —

“Sorry, it doesn’t look like we —“

She pointed towards him at her waist. SEE?

But he stopped his talking, and she slowly turned her head to look at him, one eyebrow poised up.

The man’s brows were raised in surprise. “Jefferson Moore?” he asked. “Could that be —“

“That’s…me?”

Nickie’s jaw dropped. Oh. My. God.

“It says we weren’t expecting you until Monday, this —“

“If I remember correctly,” Liv interrupted, “which I always do — I made it for Saturday, which is — today. Obviously.”

Nicke’s shocked expression had gradually been turning up into a disbelieving smile, and now, a couple of soft, amazed laughs escaped her. “O-Obviously,” she stammered, staring at Liv in awe for a moment before pulling her eyes away to look at the man. “You must have, like, heard her wrong. I was there when she made the call. Maybe you —“ Should get your ears checked out, old man, she almost said, but that would be overkill.

The man didn’t look completely convinced. “You’re Jefferson Moore — the author, correct?”

“Correct,” Liv answered.

“And you’re here for a wedding?”

“Um…” Liv looked over at Nickie.

Nickie, seeing the opportunity, gave a few big nods, and, at Liv’s lack of an answer, answered herself. Looking at the man, she nodded, “Yes.”

“Yes?” Liv agreed.

“Yes,” Nickie repeated, giving a smile. Her hands were still wildly shaking, and she gripped the skirt tightly.

The man closed his binder and sat it back on the counter. Oh shit, no. No, no, no. There was no fucking way that he —

“I’m a big fan, Mr — uhm, Ms. Moore. I deeply apologize for the trouble,” the man chuckled. “It’s just…it’s not a regular thing where you meet a faceless author.”

WHAT.

Hold up, record scratch. If she had water right now, she would do a spit take. SERIOUSLY?

Nickie’s face went aghast with shock. She looked over at Liv, cocking her head, and then a wide grin spread across her face. Her muscles relaxed in relief, and she lifted up a fist at her waist for a fist bump. “OH MY GOD,” she mouthed. “OH MY GOD.”

“And given the name…,” continued the man, “I thought you’d be…”

Liv paused a couple of beats, then finished, “Taller? Me too.”

Nickie was still in shock and couldn’t stop staring at Liv in shocked admiration, her eyes alight with amazement. OH MY GOD OMIGOD OH MY OH MY OHMYGOD OMIGODOMIGODOMIGODDDD —

“Should we get this show on the road?” Liv continued. “I have a...book signing to get to after this.”

Nickie broke out of her shock, giving her head a slight shake before looking at the man and nodding. “Yeah, we’ve really got, like, a super busy day ahead of us.”

The man seemed to want to say more on that topic, but instead, he began, like, doing his job or whatever, so thank God. “So, should we be looking for you as well?”

“Dresses?” Liv asked. “Yeah, I mean, obvi —“

“Wedding dresses?” the man cut in.

The thing took her so aback that her eyes widened for a moment, and then she burst out into laughter for a few seconds. She covered her mouth, trying to stifle the noise.

“Uh…no, no,” Liv said, “she’s not…we’re not…”

“So…are you not looking for dresses with your fiancé?” (Another burst of laughter from Nickie, this time better controlled, and her looking with tear-filled eyes from her laughter over at Liv.) “We must’ve mixed —“

“Oh!” Liv gasped. “No, she…is my fiancé.”

Nickie sniffled, dropping her hand from her mouth. “Y-Yeah,” she stammered, her voice bordering on laughter again. Oh my God, she could not do this seriously.

“But we’re…going to the wedding!” Liv concluded. “Yeah, it isn’t ours…so, normal dresses would be um…be appropriate.”

The man looked over at Nickie — which quickly quieted her laughter — and his brows furrowed. Nickie looked down at her dress, and then grimaced for a moment. God, this was awful. She looked up at him, giving him an awkward smile and a small wave.

Look away, Geezer.

He looked back at Liv.

Thanks, Gramps.

“Were you going to try that on?” he asked Liv.

“Try what on?”

He pointed to the dress in Liv’s hands, and she heaved a deep sigh. The man turned his back and began to walk away, and Liv moved Nickie towards the changing stalls, giving her a bold smile and stepping behind the curtain.

“You’re literally insane,” Nickie repeated, but she couldn’t stop smiling. Her heart was excitedly pumping blood to her body, hyped that they fucking made it! They’d gotten away with some literally insane shit — thanks to the crackhead behind that curtain. “Oh my God, Liv, I can’t believe you…oh my God.”

“Omg,” Liv said from behind the curtain, “hey let’s do one of those like…you pick a dress to try on too, and we’ll like…both come out at the same time.”

“Like…?” Nickie crossed her arms, amusedly poising up an eyebrow. “Oh my God, like in the Disney movies?” she laughed.

“Imagine it being like a really cute montage, you know like those…rom-coms or the super girly shows.”

Nickie rolled her eyes, laughing. “Yeah, I get the concept,” she said, turning to a rack.

And, like, listen, Nickie was super bad at decision-making, so she just kind of…grabbed the first thing that she saw and walked to the open changing stall.

Humming “Girlfriend” by Avril Lavigne because, duh, that was the makeover montage song, obvi, Nickie slipped out of the other dress and into the new one. Slipped isn’t really the right word here — it took a lot of effort to get the other one off and this one on — but still, saying it that way made it sound, like, wayyy more graceful.

“Hey, hey, hey, you ready?” Liv asked from the stall over.

Nickie scoff-laughed at her excitement, rolling her eyes and smiling to herself.

“Yes? Yes? Cuz I am and I wanna get this thing off already,” Liv chattered. “I don’t have a mirror in here how terrible is that? Such a fancy place and I don’t even have a mirror in my own dressing thing?”

Zzzzp. Nickie finally managed to get the zipper the rest of the way up, and she released a long huff. They legit did not make dresses for comfort, did they?

“You’re taking too long, I’m coming out and then we can —“

Nickie rolled her eyes, letting out a puff of air as she pulled back her curtain and stepped out. “Yeah yeah, I’m…o…m…g.

She’d caught her own reflection in the mirror, and now, she couldn’t stop staring. “Liv…”

Then, she looked over to Liv, and that stopped her again. “O. M. G.

Liv cocked her head at her refection. “I look…”

“Completely. Totally. Gorg,” Nickie said, smiling brightly, and Liv turned to her.

“You’re seriously so beautiful that it physically pains me.”

“Literally no,” Nickie laughed, looking at her own reflection again. She ran a hand through her hair, unable to keep the smile from her face. “But thanks, Liv.”

And then, abruptly, in the silence that followed Nickie’s thanks, there came two unexpected words from Liv: “I’m sorry.”

Nickie blinked, her brows knitting together. Confusedly, she looked over at Liv. “Uhm…what?”

“For…you know.”

Nickie paused, expecting her to continue, but she didn’t. “No…? No, I honestly can’t say that I do know? Like…?” she laughed slightly. “Liiike…?”

“For…sleeping with your boyfriend.”

Nickie’s smile dropped from her face, and her heart flopped to the floor again. “Oh,” she said emptily, and she looked away. “Oh…”

“I know you guys weren’t a thing and he was a complete trashcan and I never should’ve done that but I just really liked him at the time and I thought he liked me back, but we all know how that wasn’t true and I wanted to tell you, but also not really because I thought you were gonna get mad and think I was lying, so I guess it’s better off Ronnie told you? Even though I really didn’t want her to —“

Stop.

Nickie’s eyes were closed, her face relaxed. She held a palm up towards Liv, which now sank to her skirt. She drew in a deep breath, then released it through her mouth. “Stop it, Liv.”

“I’m just sorry.”

Nickie opened her eyes, looking over at Liv. She studied her for a moment, her brows knitting and unknitting slowly, and then she sighed and looked at the ground. She drew in her lower lip and put her hands on her hips for a moment. Sighing again, she dropped her hands to the front and said, “No.”

She looked back up at Liv. “It’s not your fault, Liv,” she said. “Like…what happened…? It’s not because of you.” She swallowed. “It’s…it was Hunter.” Saying his name hurt a little. “Hunter was the one who told me that you two were nothing and had never been anything. It was him who said that he never changed.” She sighed, dismissively flopping her wrist and puffing out her cheeks. Swallowing hard, she looked away, and then she rolled her eyes and scoffed. “So you fucked the guy like…forever ago. So? He was a bitch back then, and he’s a bitch now. That’s the ish.” Nickie looked back at Liv, giving her a small smile. “Not you.”

She looked at Liv’s reflection in the mirror. “No, like…if you were a shitty person…if you were, like, at fault for any of that shit…you wouldn’t be here right now. Like, you wouldn’t be beside me. Like…you wouldn’t’ve been hanging out with me. That’s, like, literally, literally social suicide. You realize that, right? Like, hanging out with me means that you get, like, zero, zilch respect from anyone because of it?” She laughed softly. “And still, like…you’re here beside me and Hunter isn’t. You’re…you’re…”

She turned to face Liv again. “You’re my best friend. He isn’t.”

That felt weird to say.

She gave her a small smile. “That’s what matters, right? If you did anything wrong, I’m pretty sure that makes it all better.”

Putting her hands on her hips, she nodded towards the counter. “Now, like…let’s figure out what the hell to do now that we’ve found our dresses, yeah?”

……………………

“I’m pretty sure I’d kill a man if he tried to get me to call him Daddy,” Nickie said, laughing as she adjusted the bags’ handles on her shoulder. She gestured with the hand holding her wrapped pretzel as she spoke. “Like…that was a grown ass woman calling a short ass man Daddy…like? How much do you think she’s getting paid to call him that? Oh my God.”

She dropped down at the table, setting her pretzel and drink on the table and her bags beside her. She sighed deeply, smiling and looking at the dark-haired girl across from her. Reaching over, she grabbed her pretzel and ripped the package open. For a moment, she breathed in the scent — “This is literally so fucking heavenly, Liv,” she said — and then, of course, she ripped off a piece and popped it into her mouth.

She groaned softly once she swallowed. “Oh my God,” she whined, “my stomach is sore from laughing so much.” She rolled her eyes. “Like, seriously, you’ve got to stop that, Liv.”

For a moment, she quieted, ripping off another piece of the pretzel, and then —

Oh. My. God.

Her eyes caught on a child holding a stuffed animal that was particularly of interest, and an idea popped into Nickie’s head. She glanced back at Liv and held up a finger. “One sec. I’ll be back,” she said, grabbing up her purse.

“Excuse me,” she said in her sweetest voice as she walked up to the little girl. The small child looked up at her, and she gave her a smile. “That’s such a pretty stuffie you’ve got there!” she gasped, pointing to the plush animal in her hand. “Where did you get it?”

The girl pointed to a store in the distance, and, with a quick “thank you so much!”, Nickie was off towards the storefront.

“Gift-wrapped?” asked the cashier.

Fuck yeah, it was Christmas season! She forgot about that.

“Uhm, sure,” Nickie said, smiling.

Your little person is going to be so happy with this!” read the card shoved into the plastic bag along with the gift.

Nickie rolled her eyes, but she couldn’t help but smile to herself.

She really hoped that she would be.

“Heyyy,” she said, wiggling her fingers as she approached the table again. “Miss me?” She sat the gift down in front of Liv, and she sat herself back across from her.

Smiling, she gave Liv a nod of her head. “Open it,” she said. She popped another piece of the pretzel into her mouth. “Go ahead.”

mood
: )

outfit
something

playing...
normal
by nickie.​

mentions
hunter

interactions
liv

tags
Soap Soap

º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:

felix rian emmerson

“I wasn’t that high,” Kian said, popping some hopefully-Tylenol-but-who-knew into his mouth.

Felix chuckled, poisin’ up an eyebrow and givin’ Kian a knowin’ look. “Uh-huh,” he said doubtfully. “Totally believable.” That explained the living room’s state of chaos, the whole I feel dead look.

“It was just one night, ya know? Just some fun to take the edge off.” The frog-hatted boy lifted the glass of water to his lips.

Felix crossed his arms, leanin’ onto his hip. “Yeah, I gotcha,” he chuckled. His voice still betrayed his doubt in Kian’s story.

Nothin’ said “I wasn’t that high” like bein’ half naked in a complete mess, half-dressed and wearin’ a frog hat, ya know.

Kian wiped a dribble of water from his chin. “I was planning on writing some more songs for the band today,” he said, answerin’ Felix’s question. “But seeing as you’ve stopped by, I assume that plan means jack shit.”

Felix gave a sigh and a shrug. “Really appreciate the confidence you’ve got in me, Kiki. Ya mean, you don’t think that I could be the next Mozart? Bach? Picasso?” He bounced his eyebrows. “I mean, how do you know that I’m not tryin’ to break into the music world?” he said in mock indignation. “I mean, just because I have no sense of rhythm and can’t sing and can’t dance don’t mean nothin’.”

Kian threw himself over the back of the couch and dropped down onto the cushions. “How did you get in here anyways? Breaking and entering is a crime you know.”

Felix grinned. He held up his palms. “Hey, bud…let’s just say, as Felix Emmerson, I’ve got my ways,” he said, walkin’ over to Kian. Reachin’ over, he grabbed ahold of one of the frog hat’s eyes and sat down on the ottoman.

He dropped his hand to his lap and folded his hands, leanin’ forward to give Kian a cheeky grin. “That way just so happened to be the door. Lock it up next time, bud.”

Chucklin’, he leaned back on the ottoman. He looked up at the ceilin’. “Hmm…so what to do today…” He pressed his lips together, his eyebrows knittin’. “I mean…we got the generic, borin’ shit like…nnn, I dunno. A movie. Bowlin’ alley. Texas Roadhouse.” He reached up to tap a finger on his chin. “I mean, there’s also zoos, but I think they’d probably put you in as an exhibit if we went there.” He spared a glance at Kian to give him a grin, and then he looked back at the ceiling. “Guess there’s skatin’. Surfin’…but I can’t surf — oh.”

He patted his pockets, and then he looked down. “I almost forgot,” he said to Kian. Felix reached into his pocket and pulled out a baggy, then grinned at his friend. “Maybe this could help, ya think?” He tossed the bag at his friend. “I’ll expect the payment later, ‘kay?”

His phone buzzed in his pocket. A curious expression came onto his face, and he pulled his phone out. He squinted at his screen. “Oh,” he said, and then his eyes widened. A wide grin spread across his face. “Oh.” Lookin’ up at Kian, he repeated, once again, “Oh,” and then it dragged into an almost sing-song, “Ohhhh, Kiaaaaaan.”

Turnin’ his phone screen around to show him the notification, Felix’s cat-like grin grew even wider. “See that?” he asked. He turned the screen back around to himself to read: “West Heights Golf Course is havin’ a half-price day.” He looked up at Kian. “Eighteen holes, $30 apiece. A real steal if ya ask me.”

Slowly, an eyebrow of Felix’s raised. “You thinkin’ what I’m thinkin’?” he asked.

mood
howdy

outfit
something casual

playing...
take a slice
by glass animals​

mentions
n/a

interactions
kian

tags
geminiy geminiy

º º code by ditto º º

victoria shantel sterling​

Beth stood from the bed, and Tori followed her with stern, demanding eyes. “Oh please Tori,” Beth scoffed, walking towards the desk and bypassing her cookies for her keys and her…cards? “It would be really tacky to go on an actual date with Spencer after I, like, just went on one with Ezra.”

At Ezra’s name, Tori felt a heat bloom on her cheeks. Now, she remembered why she thought her sister was so damn annoying: because she fucking was. Now that they were made up and sorries were said, she was fine to go back to normal. “That was a pity date, Elizabeth.” She stood, crossing her arms tightly and glaring pointedly at her sister. “That doesn’t count.” She rolled her eyes. “Of course, you wouldn’t know…but he went on a date with you because he felt sorry for you — and because he so totally wanted to get on the good side of your hot sister. Like, ‘Look at me, I’m so chivalrous.’” She pressed a hand to her chest, looking at her sister with a proud smile. “See, because, Elizabeth, when a guy is super into you like all of the guys are into me, they do things like that. So the date doesn’t count.”

(In her flusteredness, she was rambling and pulling a lot of stuff out of her ass. It happened.)

Tori sighed softly. “Point is — take a cookie.” She walked to the doorway, blocking Beth’s way and grabbing the cookie bowl. She tilted it towards her sister, grabbing a cookie of her own. “And also, that wasn’t a date and this is a date, so don’t like to me — and you’re not going to bone baby Gray.” She shoved the whole cookie into her mouth. “That is not what is about to happen,” she said with her mouth full.

Her sister made a little shooing motion, and Tori rolled her eyes, stepping out of Beth’s room and resting the cookie bowl on her hip as she swallowed her cookie.

“But you know, things happen, Tori,” Beth said, smiling as she walked towards the front door, “so if you see a sock on the doorknob of my room, that means don’t enter, okay?”

Tori’s eyes widened. She reached out for her sister. “Eliza —“

Beth, seeming to know what was good for her, took off towards the front door, and Tori gripped the bowl for dear life and ran after her. “ELIZABETH STERLING!

She was only halfway down the hall when her sister stopped at the door and called, “Also you can’t die like Juliet without a Romeo, so ha.”

Tori’s eyes widened and her nostrils flared with anger. Her strides became wider and more impassioned, and she was quickly approaching the door. “ELIZA —“

SLAM!

“So help me GOD, ELIZABETH —“

Thud, thud, thud —

Tori’s hand gripped the doorhandle, and she yanked open the door as hard as she could: WOOSH! She took a few running steps outside, her eyes searching the parking lot for her little sister only to come up empty.

She stamped her foot on the ground. “I WILL TAKE YOUR BEDROOM DOOR RIGHT OFF THE FUCKING HINGES!” she finished.

She yanked open the door again, then SLAM!med it shut behind herself. She slumped her back against it for a moment.

Her sister…

She clenched her jaw tightly, slamming her palm back against the door and shoving off. Stomping down the hall, Tori grumbled, “She’s. So.” She dropped down on the couch, giving the last word as she slapped her hand on her forehead: “Dead.”

Sighing deeply and squeezing her eyes shut, Tori dropped her hand behind herself. For a few moments, she sat in the relative silence of her living room, listening to the whir of her air conditioner.

Then, sighing again, she reached into her pocket and pulled out her phone, muttering, “That little fucking brat…” She tapped her sister’s contact, and:

Don’t forget to use a condom.
You know how, right.
YouTube - Basic Sexual Education (for Ages 11 - 13)
Now you do.
I love you.

Dropping her phone beside herself, Tori pursed her lips. “Jesus.”

I’ll be damned if my little sister gets gonorrhea.

……………………

Victoria’s senior ball was going to be perfect. From the hot date to the beautiful corsage that he would buy her to the decor at the ball itself to the tiniest, tiniest, tiiiiniest detail on her dress, it was going to go like an effing dream. See, she had it all planned out, for every step of the way. She could see it now:

“Oh, beautiful Twenty-Nine,” says the gorgeous, dark-haired boy (who looks really similar to Ezra Gray but it’s really just a coincidence you know but it also may be but haha no she’s so totally not into him but still maybe but also —), “I would love to go to the ball with you, thanks to your eloquent invitation via Twitter dms.” That night and every night after, he stares at her profile picture and dreams of her. On the night of, he comes and picks her up in a limousine, and he puts the corsage on her wrist. It’s got her favorite flower — a pink rose, of course — and then they go to the ball. At the ball, the lights are just so. They play a lot of slow songs, and when they slow-dance, he puts his hands on her waist. And then, as the last song comes to a close, he pulls her aside, and he confesses his undying love for her, and of course they kiss, and then he’s all like, “Let’s take this back to my place,” and —

Well. You know.

(…Sexy stuff.)

It was beautiful, wasn’t it? Yeah, that was what was going to happen.

Except probably not the sexy. And probably not the kissing. Not because — not because she was scared of t-that with him.

And…and also probably not the confession, and not the slow-dancing or the limo or the corsage, or even having him as a date.

But — but she held onto hope, okay? Or…not…hope. No, no, she’d been fine on her own in the past, and she’d be fine on her own again. She was a strong, independent woman.

But a date would be nice. You know. For senior year.

She was going to get up the strength by the end of the day to ask him…yeah. Yeah! Yeah. She just…she wanted to finish dress shopping first. And — and then, she’d probably be tired, so she’d nap, and then — then she’d try and ask him.

Again. But the first time was a practice run, so it didn’t count.

As she entered the boutique and was greeted by the store clerk, Tori put on her most confident face. She was here to look at dresses — for herself, yes, with no hopes for anything lofty.

A few minutes later, and she’d decided on the first dress she would try. She disappeared into a changing station, and —

“Shitty tits,” she muttered.

She couldn’t zip it up herself.

She poked her head out from behind the curtain, looking for any way out of this situation — and she spotted one in form of a vaguely familiar girl.

Confidence, she told herself. Confidence, Tori. You got this. Just…just greet her and ask for help.

“Hi,” she whispered to the girl, but that didn’t seem to get her attention. She cleared her throat and tried again. “Heeeellooo.” No response.

She stretched her free hand as far out as she could get it, but it still fell a couple of inches short.

Sighing, she brushed her hair behind her head, and then she gave loud, dramatic cough.

She gave the girl an awkward smile when she turned.

And she just…smiled and stared for a second.

Oh shit, I’m supposed to talk.

“Uh — uhm. Uh,” she stammered, looking for words. She blinked rapidly. “Uhm…hi I’m — I’m like — this —" She felt her dress sag more, and she finally managed a desperate, wide-eyed: "Help.”

mood
...hi

outfit
something casual

playing...
be nice to me
by the front bottoms​

mentions
spencer & ez

interactions
beth & maeve

tags
Winona Winona Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy

º º code by ditto º º

MICHAEL K. REID​

(tw: he uh jokes a lot about his childhood trauma? also there are drugs. this post is very depressing. so yeah.)

Nate smiled. “Nothing bad.”

Mike chuckled. “Nothing bad?” he repeated. Unlikely, coming from a crackhead like Nate. His views of what was bad were probably pretty fucked. It was kind of funny to Mike, though, playing guess what Nate will pull out. Was it going to be crack rocks? Some of the powdered shit? Hell, maybe even a syringe or something, huh? He could really follow his mom’s suit then.

You know, good parents always told their sons to shoot for the stars and now here he was, finally about to do his own shooting.

Aren’t you proud of me, Alaina? I really take after you.

Nate patted down his pockets, searching for something or other.

“Need my help?” Mike asked, and then he realized that the implications of that. He let out a laugh, giving Nate a wink and a grin, and then his grin broadened as an idea popped into his head. The dead-eyed boy held up a finger. “I’ve got it,” he said. “Cracked the code to seduction as far as gay methheads go. You just walk up to them and say…” He took a few step backs back, then exhaled a long breath. He rolled his shoulders and then his neck — and then, abruptly, he looked up at Nate, squinting his eyes, raising his brows, and biting his lower lip. He put a hand on his chin and running his hand down it. He dropped his hands to his chest, rubbing his palms together.

“Yo, Toothless Triple-X…” He dropped his hands from rubbing together to give a tug at his crotch and another short rest of his hands on his face. He lifted a hand up to point at Nate, then flicked his pointer finger down to his crotch. With an awful Bostonian accent, he asked, “You hidin’ ya pipe in ya pants, or are ya just glad to see me? ‘cuz either way, sweetheart…” He took another step towards Nate, leaning up against his side, crossing his arms, and gazing up into his eyes with a smirk on his face. “I don’t want drugs to be the only hard thing in me today.”

After a moment of pause, Mike broke character, and a genuine belly laugh escaped him, which was followed by way too much fucking laughter. His head gave intense throbs of pain with each bounce, and he threw his head back to groan, between laughs, “Fuck, shit, my head hurts like hell.”

Finally, Nate, holding the joint with his other hand, pulled out a bag of some kind of pills.

Mike’s expression shifted back into seriousness — drowsiness. Sorry to let you down, Mom. Nothing to shoot up today. “The hell’s that?” he asked, reaching out to grab the bag from Nate as he tapped it. “Tylenol’s crackhead cousin?”

“Just pop a couple,” Nate instructed, “nothing bad.”

“Nothing bad?” Mike snickered, holding the bag in his palm and staring at it for a moment. His head was groggy and irritated, and it gave another throb that made him groan softly. “Shit…” He looked up at Nate. “Nothing bad as in…?”

“Just morphine.”

This made Mike snicker again. “‘Just morphine’?” he repeated, still too apprehensive to move the bag or really do anything beyond stare at the plastic. It didn’t look like a new bag, and the pills inside looked…

Like drugs. He didn’t really know what else he expected.

“I thought that was, like, heavy shit,” he said. “The kind of stuff that made those old French philosophers trip balls and think that they were touching God and shit.” He paused a moment, studying the pills for another moment, and then he looked back up at Nate.

In his head flashed all of his shitty public school drug education slogans.

”Don’t want an ugly mug? Stay off the drug.”

“Don’t waste your life being wasted!”

“Drug Abuse? No Excuse!”

This wasn’t some dark alley with a strange man in a trench coat. He wasn’t some little fucking idiot in a propeller hat. This wasn’t some perfect world where doing not doing drugs made you get all As, made everyone fucking love you, made all of your problems go away.

Life didn’t work like that.

“Ha,” Mike said, reaching down and ripping open the bag. “Maybe I’ll see God, too. I’ll give him a big ‘fuck you’ when I do, too. Show him my ass. Ask him how I look from behind, huh?”

He looked down at the pills as he poured them into his hand. This was what he spent his whole life saying he’d never do. He’d always told himself that this was the first step to becoming exactly what he didn’t want to become. If he did this, there was no undoing it; he could no longer say that he’d kept that promise, or that he was pure in any sense or any shit like that.

But fuck it. Mike never really was one much for thinking of the consequences.

“Bottoms up,” he said, and he popped the pills into his mouth and forced them down dry.

And once they were down, that was it. It was over with.

He breezed past it in his mind. The best way to deal with your actions was just to not fucking deal with them.

He looked at Nate. “You got anything to drink?” he asked. He made a motion of tipping a bottle up to his mouth. “Preferably alcohol?” He sighed. “I’m really in the..." He raised fingers to do air quotes. "...‘get shit-faced and start a riot’ kind of mood.”

mood

outfit
who fucking cares

playing...
drunk face
by machine gun kelly​

mentions
n/a

interactions
nate

tags
Winona Winona

º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:

LINDSAY MORGAN KAY

Lin gradually widened his eyes the longer that he stared at Zeph, and he slowly cocked his head, too. He pressed his lips tighter and tighter together, and then, of course, as the final step, he began to blink. Blink. B-blink. B-b-b-b-blink.

This was the tactic to get answers out of someone. Trust him. It was fuckin’ foolproof, luhmao.

See exhibit numbero one-o: Zeph swallowing hard, and then straightening up and saying, “I’d never let you down, General Lin.” The taller boy lifted his hand to his forehead to give a salute to really drive his dedication home. “I’m willing to take the risk in the name of uhh…ahh…the name of…bigger…things…?”

For a moment, Lin continued his blank staring. Had to give him the idea that he was going to completely reject him — and then, of course, he threw his head back and cackled happily. He reached his hand out to smack it on Zeph’s shoulder, grinning widely at his friend, and then he slammed his fists down at his sides and gave an intense pelvic thrust. “Heheheeeeeeeeeell yeah!” he cheered. He threw his fist up in the air, whooping, and then he called, “Booty bump!” and promptly slammed his hip into Zeph’s hip. “Pow!

“What’s the mission?” Zeph asked, but Lin was too busy doing the running man — you know, the classic victory dance move, so duh, he had to do it.

Lin held his palm up as high as he could get it, standing on his tip-toes. “‘ey, up top!” he said. When their palms clashed, he cheered, “Boooooom!” He dropped his palm down by his waist. “Down low!” he said, but, of course — “too slow!” — he swiped it away before Zeph could slap it.

And that shit was peak comedy, luhmao, so he obviously had to laugh about it with his hand on his stomach for another few solid seconds.

Abruptly, he jerked his torso back upright and jutted his hands out like blades at his sides. “Aight.” He swiveled to face Zeph. “Let’s go.”

Without any further explanation, the boy took off for the door to the balcony, his bare feet padding along against the floor as his fluffy robe flew out like a cape behind him. Accompanying the slaps of his footsoles were the sounds of nails against the wood, and he looked down to see his dog following at his side.

He stopped suddenly, just in front of the door, and he dropped onto his knees with a whump! “Awwwww,” he said, frowning deeply as his voice heightened by the moment, “Beeesheeeeeeeee…” He reached out to scratch his dog behind the ears. “You can’t come wiff us, babyyy…awwww…”

Mitsubishi just panted, seemed to grow disinterested in Lin, and turned and walked over to Zeph. She began to lick at Zeph’s ankles.

Lin laughed, reaching down to pet her again before popping right back up, and then, he turned toward the door, gripped the handle as tightly as possible, and yanked it open.

He threw himself out the door, an excited expression on his face, and he hopped a couple of steps.

Then he stopped, and he looked up at the sky, his hands dangling idly at his sides. “Hmm…” His brows furrowed.

And then, he reached to either side of his robe and flung it off dramatically, tossing his head even further back.

He grinned over his shoulder at his friend as he squared his shoulders and set his feet beneath his hips. “Okay, Zeph,” he said. “Just follow my lead.”

He turned to face back in front of himself. His brows lowered in concentration, his face growing serious.

Three.

Two —

“COWABUNGA!” he screeched, taking off across his balcony and toward the neighbor’s fence.

He took a big jump — and his hands gripped the top of the fence. Grunting with effort, Lin tugged himself up — and then threw himself over.

And obviously, he expected Zeph to follow.

mood
lez gooooo lmao

outfit
not much lmao

playing...
we'll be okay
by lindsay kay​

mentions
n/a

interactions
zeph

tags