• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Holiday Love

Dawson watched his wife make her way out of the living room, ready to spring at any moment. As she asked, he headed back to the kitchen. Looking to Asher he smiled. "Can you be the biggest helper and bring this to your momma?" Dawson asked handing their son her pain medicine and the water bottle Dawson filled with ice water and vitamin powered that would help rebuild her strength.

Olivia stayed st her mother's feet, both in worry and waiting to help with Jonah. She too saw her mom in her worst state and that made Olivia clingy to her mother. As her mother sat in the chair, Olivia looked on to her brother and smiled as he rested against their mom. "Are you okay mommy?" Olivia asked in concern before leaning into the chair to kiss her cheek.

Last edited:
Asher never liked seeing his mother so vulnerable. She never was so this was different and he didn't like it. When his father asked him to do something, he did it quickly as he asked. He walked into the nursery and smiled at his little sister and brother. He hoped his mother would be okay. She didn't seem to be feeling well anytime soon.

Isabel smiled at her daughter as she continued to rock Jonah in her arms and nodded. "I'm fine, princess. Just a little tired." She said softly, kissing her forehead. "Don't worry. I'm going to be alright." She reassured her, smiling when Asher brought her her medication and water bottle. She thanked him and kissed his forehead too. "How was school?" She asked them softly, laughing quietly when they both rambled at the same time from excitement like they did with their father. Isabel took her medication while her children did so and sighed contently when Jonah fell asleep once more.

Olivia nodded to her mother's reassurance and told her the same thing she told her father. She was excited for the field trip to the planetarium. Field trips were one of her favorite parts about going to school. "Can you come mommy?" Olivia pleaded while she hung on to the arm of the rocking chair and waited for a response. "Michelle's mommy is coming, I want you to come too, pleaseeeeeeeee."

Isabel smiled softly at her daughter and sighed softly. "I would babe, but it all depends on how I'm feeling tomorrow love." She told her softly and when she saw her daughters face, she pulled her close and hugged her. "I'll go. I promise." She told her gently, smiling when they ran off before she noticed her husband was at the doorway looking at her. She knew what he was thinking and she shrugged. "I'll be alright. Promise." She assured him with a gentle smile before motioning him over and kissed him gently. "I love you."

Dawson shook his head towards his wife and sighed heavily from his frustration. "Isabel, you know better to make promise you can't keep, especially to the kids. You can barely move still, it's only been a week," Dawson reminded her. He sighed again when she motioned him over and tried to butter him up. "I love you too, but you're still not going with her, or anywhere until you get your strength back. It's not up for discussion." Dawson felt bad he would have to break it to their daughter now, but there was no way his wife was chasing after her and her classmates all day. "I'll go, so she still has someone, and I am calling Amelia or Jayden to keep an eye on you, probably Jayden, because you can't throw him down even if you wanted to."

Isabel sighed from frustration with the fact that her husband wouldn't let her go to the field trip with their daughter. She knew it had only been a week and that she was still weak. Isabel always made sacrifices for her children though and this would be one she wouldn't regret. She knew not to argue with Dawson over this, however. She knew what she put her family through really scared them and she couldn't blame any of them wanting her to gain all her strength back. "I'm going to go crazy in this house but have Amelia come. Also, we know how feisty I get, I know if I really wanted to I could throw Jayden down." She said with that sly grin and laughed softly when her husband shook his head again. She slowly stood up from the chair, setting Jonah in his crib before she carefully made her way back down the stairs, smiling when Asher ran over to grab her hand and help.

"More like Jayden would let you throw him down cause he's such a softy for you ladies," Dawson teased following her out and watching their son help, nodding in approva, thanking him when they reached the bottom. Dawson knew his wife hated being dependent, but it was a relief to him just how many people were wiling to help her when she needed it

Jayden knew what Emily said about their house being too small was the truth. The family he and Amelia created together expanded farther than he thought possible. He didn't regret it but they needed something with more space and he was going to build it himself with Isabel and Dawson's help. It took a month for Jayden to decide with piece of land that was for sale he wanted to build the house on. After that it took a good amount of time for the actual house to be built. He was grateful Isabel knew so many talented people. Overall when the house was finished, he was excited to finally reveal it to Amelia but it was a surprise. She knew nothing about it through the months and today was the day for Jayden to show her. Isabel had agreed to watch the kids for him and though Jayden and Amelia had to work, he had a dress delivered to her work with a bouquet of roses. With the dress came a not that said,

"Hi my love,
I hope work isn't getting you too stressed. I picked this dress for you for our date tonight. It's stunning and I know you'll enjoy it. Our reservations have been made for your favorite steak house. I'll meet you there. I love you, Amelia Acciolli."

Amelia had a busy day filled with meetings and finalizing plans for the lastest branch in London. However, when Gabi pulled her away to see what Jayden had delivered she couldn't help but gush over how sweet her husband was. Opening the note she smiled when she read it and set the roses proudly on her desk next to their lastest family picture. Sitting at her desk, she sighed in contentment and sent him a text thanking him for the gesture and promising to see him on time for their date. Once her day wa over, she quickly changed into the dress her husband sent over, in awe over it, he always knew how to pick them. Leaving, Amelia hastly walked to her car to meet her husband at the restaurant he told her.

Jayden was already at the restaurant, dressed in a nice navy suit as he waited for his wife happily. He sat at the table, enjoying the nice set up the restaurant was able to accomplish for him. He got them a special table, one in the far back sectioned off from everyone else. He smiled happily and when he saw his wife walk over, he quickly got up and took her hand, kissing her head gently. "Hi my love." He said with a bright smile, leading her over to the table and pulling out her chair, pushing in her chair. "You look stunning in that dress." He added gently and smiled contently.

When Amelia arrived she was not the least bit surprised by her husband's extravagant gesture, he was notorious for them through the decade they were together. She was curious of the occasion, however, as he always had a rhyme and a reason for going above and beyond. Following the hostess to the table, Amelia smiled to her husband when their gazes met. "Hi Handsome," Amelia replied kissing his cheek and giggling at his comment. "Well thank you, my wardrobe designer sure knows how to pick them." When the waiter came over Amelia greeted him politely and started her order with a glass of wine. Turning to back to her husband, she laughed at him again as she set her napkin delicately in her lap and went for a piece of bread and butter. "What? You look like you're about to jump from your own skin. Are you alright?" Amelia asked suspiciously while she savored her bread. She knew he was up to something, she just wasn't sure what.

Jayden laughed softly at her question before he grinned happily. "There is a surprise for you after this lovely dinner." He said with a never ending smile. He was happy to be here and get some time alone with his wife. It had been awhile since they were able to do so and he was partially to blame considering he was so focused on the new house. He drank his water gingerly while he ate a piece of bread. "How was work? Isabel said y'all have a lot of people fighting for the Europe assignment." He said with a laugh. "And by fighting I mean kissing ass."

Amelia looked up to Jayden with a startling expression. Proceeding hesitantly, Amelia kept her tone gentle. "Your surprises always make me nervous," she admitted before she nodded with a laughable glare. "She's not lying, they are all kissing ass, and if they don't stop I might take it for myself out of spite. But we just finished the branch in London so I wanted to send someone that way to help relay our expectations on how things should be run. Nothing too exciting."

Last edited:
Jayden dosed as he listened to his wife's explanation. "I see. Isabel gets annoyed with most of your workers rather quickly." He said with a laugh before he held her hand gently and kissed it. "How are you and your assignments?" He asked her. He loved hearing about the stories no matter how much Amelia wanted to keep her work and family separate. She did so much for other people that he enjoyed listening to exactly what she did.

Blinking, Amelia bit her cheek at her husband's questions. "They're fine," she replied with a simple shrug of her shoulders. "Just a few side projects, nothing major in the works." Amelia just left her work after a long day and she didn't have the energy or desire to talk about it. "Are you going to tell me what you're up to?" She asked with a raise of an eyebrow. She knew he wouldn't but it was worth the try.

Jayden grinned at his wife's question as he sighed softly. "You just can't wait it out, can you?" He asked with a playful grin before he took yet another sip of his water. He didn't want to tell her right now. She was going to have to wait until the very end of dinner and when they ordered, he knew she couldn't take it anymore. Since she couldn't, he decided to tell her. "It involves a key but it doesn't move." He said simply, admiring the beauty of his wife as she sat across from him. He would always admire her because of the woman she became.

Sucking her teeth, Amelia gave her husband the deer in the headlights look. "What did you do?" She asked anxiously while she cut into the steak. She was still adamant on going against her mother's wishes of expanding, but she didn't catch on to her husband's clue, it only confused her further. Once he forced her to drop the subject and they began their usual chatter Amelia was able to relax again. She actually had big news to tell him but she didn't want to lay it on him after he took this time to plan the night for them. A nonprofit was sending her on a four-month mission to cover their education moment. The nonprofit built schools in impoverished cities in foreign countries, and they just finished building six schools all across Africa. She knew her husband wouldn't be too upset since the assignment revolved around kids, but it was a long time to be away and that was always hard for him to cope with.

Jayden smiled through out the entire casual talk. He enjoyed just being able to be with her and cherished every moment he got. "I love you, Amelia." He said softly before he cut into his own steak and savored the flavor. This restaurant was always worth what they paid and he was happy he kept his stocks and stayed as an investor. It seemed to pay off, especially with the house. "What is it love?" He asked her softly. He could tell she had news to tell but he knew that look. It had to be a month long or even more assignment. It was hard for him but he would get through them all. He supported her and what she loved to do and that wasn't going to stop now.

"I don't want it to ruin the night, please, I don't want my work to get in the way of whatever it is you have planned as it almost always does, just give me tonight and I'll tell you tomorrow. I promise." She always hated how her assignments came at the most inconvenient times for her husband she was going to let him have tonight, she needed him to have the night. To calm Jayden's nerves though, she told him the basics of what he needed to know. "It's for a nonprofit in Africa, they just finished building six schools in two countries in Africa. They want me to promote the cause so they can continue building. It's for a good cause so I couldn't turn them away, so many children are not receiving an education because of where they live and the distance is too much for them to walk. I want to see if I get a grant from the UN or WTO to bring them food too, it should be a great thing if it's a success."

Jayden listened to his wife explain what it was he knew was on her mind. He smiled at the explanation and knew it meant she would be away for some time but he understood that. He wanted her to do this for them. "That's exciting!" He said happily and enthusiastically. His wife truly was a great woman and he adored her with all his heart. "Well, my surprise will blow you out of the water, I can promise you that." He said with a smile. "I hope you enjoy it."

"You're making it sound hard to be disappointed." Finishing her meal Amelia set down the fork and knife. Sighing in contentment she felt bloated now but it was worth it. It had been awhile since she had such a satisfying meal. "I'm full," she declared happily, slowly finishing her wine. She was enjoying her peaceful evening with Jayden, and now she was in an even better mood. "Where's our next stop, my knight in shining armor?" She asked tapping the glass with her nail.

Jayden smiled as he watched his wife and nodded. "Right, next stop. I promise you'll love it." He said happily before he paid for their dinner and finished off his water, standing up and holding his hand out for her to take. "Ready for this, princess?" He asked her softly, leading her back out to their cars where he typed in the address to her phone. "Meet me there." He said and drove off to the house, getting out when he arrived. The house was stunning and in a beautiful neighborhood. He knew she would enjoy it because many officers on the force lived here and recommend the neighborhood for them. The house looked rather decent from the outside. It was a pretty charcoal grey brick with a lovely patio on the second level. When he stood before the house, he smiled as he watched Amelia walk over. "Welcome go our new home, built just for us." He said with a wide smile.

Amelia was confused by the address her husband put in her phone, it wasn't one she rescinded but she agreed to follow him there. Once they arrived she sat in the car for a moment to admire the beauty of the home, it looked vaguely familiar to something Jayden had mentioned years ago, making her smile at the memory. Pulling the key from the ignition, Amelia slowly made her way from her car to her husband, admiring the house further as she stepped closer, clasping her hands in front of her. Looking to her husband, Amelia's expression went wide when she heard what Jayden said. "What?" She asked thinking she heard him wrong. "You-- You did this?"

Jaydens laughed softly before he took his wife's hand and pulled her close. "Well, I funded the project. I'm not much of a handy man but the kids and I did make a beautiful masterpiece on the wall you see when you enter." He said happily towards her, kissing her forehead gently. "Want to go take a look? It's our new home after all." He added, gently leading her into the grand yet subtle house. He knew she would enjoy it and everyone knew the expanded family needed a much bigger house. When they walked through the entrance, the wall they saw in the small corridor had tons of picture frames of the family but most importantly a beautiful tree painted on the wall by Jayden then the leaves were everyone's finger prints. He smiled sweetly when Amelia went to touch it. "The kids enjoyed making it." He said softly.

Amelia laughed at her husband's sly comment about himself and nodded, following him inside. She was still in shock by what her husband revealed to her. She was unable to wrap her head around the idea that his home belonged to them. Admiring the wall, Amelia smiled while the flashback of all their memories. "You really aren't a handy man, but your artistic side always gets to me when it creeps out of the depths of your soul." Taking his hands, her excitement beamed. "Show me the rest?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back