• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Holiday Love

Bel was able to sleep for a decent amount of time before she woke up and smiled st her husband, immediately becoming tense as her contractions happened closer to each other. "Babe, I can't." She whispered as she gripped his hand tightly and bit her lip as the tears began to fall again. Bel hated having a low tolerance for pain and she wished she could get through this without an epidural. "Why is he waiting so long?" She asked her husband with a laugh to distract herself from the pain she felt.

Dawson tried not to laugh at his wife's question and just squeezed her hand tightly again. "Because he's our son and our children like to test what little patience you do have. He doesn't have a deadline. Just breathe." Bringing himself to his feet, Dawson shook off his drowsiness by shutting his eyes tightly for a moment, pinching the bridge of his nose. Their son was taking his sweet time, Dawson couldn't deny his wife that. As her breathing became rapid, Dawson shushed her gently, reminding her to breathe before he went on his way to find a nurse like his wife wanted, who in turn went to find the doctor to ease Bel's pain.

By now, Amelia had already taken Asher and Olivia for their promised ice cream and sent them back to her house with Jayden while Amelia and her eldest daughter sat in the waiting room with the rest of the Covington's anxious family members. They all wanted to meet the baby boy, and he was only building the suspense.

"Mom, what of something's wrong?" Bel asked nervously, biting her lip, unlocking her phone for the sixth time in the past two minutes to check the time.

"Nothing's wrong, love," Amelia whispered to her gently. "I'm sorry you had to see your aunt in pain, but I promise you can quit worrying, her babies have always made us get a run for our money, I think it's because they know we're all crazy and don't want to leave her," Amelia teased to lighten the mood, nudging Bel playfully.

"We are crazy," Bel agreed with a light laugh, looking up to her mom with a smile. "I hope he comes soon though or I'll feel bad for him for the rest of his life that he has to share a birthday with Camilla."

"We'll all pray for him if that happens, but he's still got two hours before that happens."

Things were now progressing rather quickly with Isabel and the baby. He had waited too long and was finally making his entrance into the world. Isabel held Dawson's hand tightly as they prepared her for the delivery of their son and when the time came, Isabel tried her hardest to bring the new life into the world. She was in so much pain through it all and with every push, the pain only intensified. "Dawson, I can't-" Bel said quickly as she suck in a deep breath only to push again. As she heard the encouragements from the doctor, Bel knew their son was almost here. One last push did the trick but Bel didn't feel right and she knew something was wrong when another doctor rushed in after the screams of her son was heard. Bel was losing too much blood and the doctors needed to act quickly. Bel grew weak and her hand slowly let go of Dawson's as the entire room became black.

The room grew hectic in what seemed like seconds time. Between hearing his son's first cry and feeling his wife's grip loosen, Dawson had experienced a worldwhin of emotions. His first thought was his wife. Was she going to be okay? Did she get to hear their son's first cry? How serious was this? In that moment, he knew he couldn't put her through this again. After being pushed to the side, Dawson watched the doctors and nurses try to bring his wife back to a state of consciousness. Watching an intern run off to the blood bank, Dawson kept his hands clasped together in nervousness, looking between his son and unresponsive wife, the sight made him sick to his stomach. When the intern came back empty-handed with no blood bag Dawson grew furiously anxious. "How in the hell can you not have anything for her?!"

"Sir, I understand your frustration but there has been a tragic accident in the area and they wiped out the blood bank."

Dawson did his best to keep his composure at the intern trying to imply empathy, and instead rolled up the sleeve on his shirt. "I'll give you two minutes to find a needle before I file a lawsuit." Dawson replied angerly. "Are you a match?"

"She's a universal receiver! Go before I end your medical career," the man growled, leaving the young intern in absolute fear before a nurse ran in and took control, quick to draw Dawson's blood. "It's not enough!" The on call shouted, while still continuing to work on Dawson's wife. The nurse then turned to Dawson. "Is there anyone else with you who could donate?"

Despite his weak demeanor, Dawson nodded before her shot up without a second thought and ran for the waiting room. "Amelia!" He shouted helplessly before she ran over and he explained the situation. Amelia of course agreed without hesitation but her daughter stepped in. "Mom, no, you don't neee to be doing that, dad will kill someone if they take too much, you're still recovering. I'll go." Bel replied adamantly before she left her things with her mom and followed after Dawson. She knew her mom would understand and after everything her aunt did for her, Bel knew she had to do this for her.

The room was so hectic Bel got rather worried. She witnessed her aunt in so much pain when they rushed her over to the hospital and seeing her in the bed unresponsive to what was going on in the room made Bel's stomach turn. She knew her aunt would make it out of this. She was a strong woman and wouldn't just leave her husband and children like this. This wasn't how she was going to leave the world. When the nurse snapped Bel out of her daze, she did everything she asked of her, sitting in the chair and letting her draw the blood they needed. The entire time they drew the blood, Bel looked in the direction of her aunt, shedding a few tears until she felt Dawson's hand on her shoulder and she looked at him.

"She's going to be okay, right Dawson? She's strong. She wouldn't leave us like that." She said softly before bitting her lip and when the nurse finished, Bel felt weak but knew this was worth it. She went back to the waiting room and drank the Gatorade they gave her and ate the cookies. She wouldn't look at anyone and just leaned up against her mother.

As the team worked diligently, Isabel slowly began to regain consciousness. When she opened her eyes, she was blinded by a bright white light and heard the cries of her son. She was worried about him as a mother because he shouldn't have been crying. She slowly sat up but was pushed back and looked at Dawson with exhaustion in her eyes. "Why is he crying? He shouldn't be crying. Let me hold him." She pleaded very weakly before she heard the doctor talking. "Now Isabel, you need to take it slow right now. We still aren't finished helping you. Your son will be alright. Please just relax." He told her quickly. Isabel was so confused as to what was going on and looked at her husband before she slowly fell unconscious once more. She wasn't stable but soon became stable once again and was asleep in a room in ICU. When she finally gained enough energy to wake up and stay up, she grasped her husband's hand tightly. "What happened?"

Dawson watched his niece as they entered the room, the way her gaze never felt her aunt's direction made Dawson's chest heavy with emotion. He couldn't help but feel guilty for putting her through this. The two were nearly inseparable since they met and Dawson knew then it was selfish of him to think of his life without his wife in it when there were other people who knew her much longer than he had and were just as important to her. Walking over to Bel, he held her shoulder gently, biting his lip at her question. "Bel, your aunt won't be leaving you anytime soon if she has anything to do with it, you're her favorite," he whispered with a hint of seriousness in his tone while he stayed with her. She was a courage young woman, placing herself in such a position voluntarily. It spoke volumes to how close Amelia and Bel actually were, for their kids to love the other so much to try and save their lives. "She's going to be proud of you for doing this when she wakes up, I am, and I'm forever indebted to you, my sweet niece, Once the nurse finished with her, Dawson walked her back out to Amelia before quickly retreating back to his wife's side long enough to hear her pleas for their son. The hope in Dawson's eyes igniting at the sound of her voice, only dimming again seconds moments later when she blacked out again. By the time Isabel resurfaced again, Dawson was sitting disturbingly still next to her, waiting for her to open her eyes, praying for her to open her eyes. This was not how he hoped they would welcome their son into the world. Feeling her grip, Dawson jolted himself out of his concrete state and looked to her with an expression full of love and appreciation now that she was awake. He wasn't sure how to explain to his wife the severity of the situation without her getting overwhelmed, and he didn't want to do that right after she just regained her conscious state, so he did his best to explain it gently on the loosest of terms. "You made it, Jonah is here, but of course he couldn't come into our world without making a big deal about it, typical Texan style," Dawson replied with a chuckle, rubbing his thumb gently on his wife's arm. "You'll just have to be careful for now, he gave you and few others a beating." Helping his wife sit up, Dawson smiled at her eagerness to see their son. Walking out of the room, Dawson returned shortly after with a nurse who handed off the newborn to his mother before she checked her vitals.

Isabel listened to her husband and knew he sugarcoated everything he just said. He didn't want to explain everything in depth and she didn't blame him but as she slowly sat up with his help, she waited anxiously for her son. Jonah, it was a beautiful name and she was so happy her husband was able to name him this time. When the nurse walked in with Dawson and the baby, Bel quickly held him in her arms, smiling down at him before she kissed his forehead and brushed her thumb along his cheek. "Hey there baby boy." She whispered gently. "Are you glad to be here? Do you like your name?" She asked him with a gentle giggle before looking at her husband with admiration. "I love the name. Jonah suits him well." She said gently, leaning over to kiss him but winced in pain before she could.

"I'm glad you like it, but you really need to be easy on yourself," Dawson reminded her gently before he kissed her. Looking down on their son as he lay contently in his mother's arms. "Are you happy to to finally see your momma, Jonah?" Dawson asked, watching his son's eyes look around the room curiously to find his father's voice. He was precious.

With Bel and Amelia still being left in the unknown, Amelia held her daughter as she leaned against her, curling into her mother like she did when she was a child. Amelia ran her hands down Bel's back as she herself, stared off into nothing, hating the feeling of not knowing. As her daughter began to lightly whimper Amelia whispered sweet things to her. Like her mother, Bel overly worried about the people she loved.

Isabel smiled down at her son as she watched his captivating eyes look around the room frantically for his father. She laughed softly when Jonah smiled a big and wide smile and Isabel kissed his little head gently. When she heard the door open quickly, she blinked as she saw her niece run in and quickly run to her side. Little Bel couldn't wait anymore and once the doctor told them her aunt was alright, she ran at the chance to go see for herself. "Thank God, you're alright." Bel said quickly before kissing her aunts head to which Isabel became confused. "I'm alright, Bel. What's wrong? Why do all of you look so relieved?" She asked them softly, gasping at the pain that shot up her side when she moved a certain way. She ignored the pain for now and simply looked at her close family for a response while Jonah made cooing noises while in his mother's arms.

"Because you almost bled out, and they saved you." Amelia said simply as she followed her weary daughter into the room. When his wife looked to him for validation Dawson nodded, both him and Bel showing her their arms where their blood had been drawn. Now that Isabel was awake, Bel let her tears leak onto her cheeks before she wiped them away. The thought of her life without her mom or her aunt made her sick. "I'm glad you're okay," her niece whispered weakly, still light headed and over come with emotion after everything she watched her aunt go through today.

Isabel looked at Dawson and Bel's arms when they showed to her where their blood was drawn. She didn't know she bled out but know she fully understood why her family looked so relieved that she was finally awake. Isabel bit her lip gently before watching the smallest amount of tears leave her niece's eyes. "Bel, don't cry. I'm sorry you had to go through all of that but I'm here now. I promise I'm not going anywhere. Thank you for helping save me." Isabel said gently, holding her nieces hand and kissing her head when Bel rested her head on her aunts chest. Bel was so proud of her both her husband and niece and she handed Jonah off to her husband so she was able to hug her niece, even if the hug wasn't as tight as she wanted. "I love y'all." She added with a bright smile and leaned back when the nurse came in to ensure Isabel was still doing alright.

Bel stayed against her aunt, comforted by her touch. When she finally lifted her head, she heaved a sigh and smiled over to Dawson as he brought Jonah over to her. Resting his son in his cousin's arms Dawson kissed Bel's forehead again. "He owes you a big favor," Dawson teased as he watched Bel admire her new cousin.

Bel smiled at her aunt and uncle before she nodded and admired her little cousin. He was so precious and she already fell in love with him. He was going to be worth what she did to help his mother. Before Bel and Amelia left, Bel kissed her aunts cheek and hugged Dawson tightly. Her aunt was okay and that's what she needed assurance of. When they left, Isabel smiled at her husband before she held his hand. "I'm sorry for scaring you." She said weakly, still feeling the effects of everything that took place beforehand.

"You had no control over it, Bel, we're all okay, that's what matters," Dawson replied with rocking their swaddled son in his arms. "I think we have a real troublemaker on our hands though, "Laughing when Jonah opened his eyes at his father's statement. "Yes, I am talking about you, you're the troublemaker, yes. You're going to give all of us a run for our money, huh? Maybe you'll give your cousin Camilla a taste of her own medicine. I'm sure she'll love that."

Isabel laughed softly as she watched her husband and son and smiled after. She was still weak from the previous events and slowly closed her eyes as her husband and son were the last thing she saw since her slumber came over her. She knew recovery would take awhile and now that she was out of the hospital, she had to be careful with what she did. She still felt sluggish even after a week after and became frustrated by the little activity she could do. "Why am I still so weak?" She asked her husband with an annoyed sigh.

Dawson chuckled at his wife's question and shook his head, "Because you are not immortal and were not blessed with immediate healing powers. You had a baby, not scraped your knee, be kind to your body, it works hard to keep your stubborn self going," Bringing her their son like she asked, Dawson kissed both of their foreheads before he sat beside them. Asher and Olivia were at school so the house was quiet for now. "Just enjoy it before you have to go back to running a hundred miles a minute."

Isabel sighed softly as she held her son in her arms and smiled at the beautiful baby boy that slept peacefully. "I know I just had a baby but still. My recovery time is longer than usual this time." She said with an annoyed sigh before she kissed Jonah's head. "He's so precious and means the world to me already. I really love his name by the way." She whispered to her husband, kissing him gently and lovingly. "Thank you for heat another blessing in life." She whispered with a gentle smile that never faded.

"You'll be alright," Dawson reassured his wife with a yawn, smiling at her compliment. "I'm glad ya like him, I only give ya the best of the best." Watching Jonah sleep in his mother's arms, Dawson reached for the infant's tiny hand and wrapped his delicate fingers around his father's index finger. The baby's father was marveled by his son every time he laid eyes on him. He was flawless in Dawson's eyes.

Isabel smiled as she watched her husband and son together. She knew Jonah was going to be a spoiled child and that was okay. Isabel was proud to have been able to give Dawson a son of his own. She soon fell asleep against Dawson with Jonah on her chest, both staying asleep even when Olivia and Asher made it home. "Momma!" Asher called out quickly as he ran over to the living room but stopped when he saw his mother and baby brother asleep. "Dad, is momma feeling better?" Asher asked in concern since he himself saw the pain his mother was in when she went into labor. Olivia watched her mother closely before she sat next to Dawson and curled up against him. "Can we make mommy her favorite food?" Olivia asked sweetly.

"She's a little better, but we still have to gentle with her for awhile," Dawson said, hugging his daughter when she curled against him, nodding st her question. "We can try, I'm not sure how good it'll be, but we have to do our homework first, let's go." Leading the kids into the kitchen Dawson gave them their snack and helped them with their homework. He was happy to step in for his wife and spend time with their kids. "How was y'all's day?

Last edited:
Olivia and Asher were excited to make dinner and spend time with their father. So much that both rambled about their day at the same time and stopped so one could go before the other. "My day was busy!" Asher said with a long sigh. "So much homework to do and the math, how do they expect me to do the math?" He asked them seriously to which Olivia laughed before she smiled. "My class is taking a field trip! I have the permission slip!" She said excitedly to which Asher sighed again. "I wanna go on a field trip." He said while shaking his head.

Last edited:
Dawson laughed at his kids excitement and shushed their exclaims gently. "Let's keep our inside voices before we wake your momma. Math is hard, but I am sure we can get through it together buddy. Where are ya going Liv?" Dawson asked in interest. "I'm sure your brother will get to go on one soon too."

Olivia beamed with excitement at her father's question. "We're going to the planetarium! We get to see the stars." She said with a bright smile unlike any other to which Asher smiled as well. "I'm glad you're excited Olivia! I remember when we went, the stars looked so pretty." He said happily before they both worked on their homework. When Asher got stuck, he was quick to ask his father for help. Dawson was the better one at math when it came to their parents but Isabel didn't mind. She knew math was her strong suit.

"Ooooo that's super cool! You'll have to tell me all about when you get home," Setting Olivia in the chair next to her brother, Dawson helped Asher with his math homework, teaching him how to remember the nine times tables on his hands for his upcoming test. "Do ya think you can remember that?" Dawson asked Asher while he started to prep things for their dinner later in the evening.

Asher made his thinking face when his father asked his question and nodded. "I think I can." He said as he practiced to get the trick down. Olivia watched her older brother in curiosity before she did her homework when Asher helped her. She always loved when her older brother helped her. It made her feel special and sighed softly when they both finished. "All done daddy." She said with a big yawn as she stretched and looked back when Jonah became fussy. She went to go help as quick as she could but her mother already woke up, kissing her older children on the bed before she stood and rocked Jonah back and forth. Bel looked pale and she felt so weak. She hated feeling like this but she shook her head when Dawson came over. "You keep making dinner and spending time with your oldest. I can handle Jonah." She said seriously before walking up to the nursery with Olivia following close behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back