• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Holiday Love

By the time Amelia stumbled down the stairs the chaos seemed to have settled. Quietly wandering into the kitchen, she started the coffee pot and waited impatiently for it to finish brewing. Turning around, she laughed when she saw Jayden standing behind her. "You caught me," she said with a wink, going to the fridge for the creamer. "I see you survived the morning rush, it's been awhile since I left you for one of those."

Jayden knew at the smell of coffee his wife was awake when she hour be catching up on her sleep. When he stood behind her he sighed and shook his head before taking the cup of coffee she gave him and drank it just like that. "It has been awhile but I think I handled it rather well." He said happily and kissed Amelia gently. "You should be asleep, Amelia. Today is meant for you to catch up on your rest." He said with a serious glare before he sighed at the expression he received. "Okay okay but please do get some rest."

"I slept for as long as I could, I promise," Amelia reassured him. "I'm fine, be glad I haven't tried to work, they're blowing up my phone, which makes me nervous but I'm sure they can handle it, I hope." Sipping her coffee, Amelia smiled at how strong it was, feeling the warmth channel through her body and jolt her awake. She was annoyed herself that she was awake this early after the day she put herself through. "Mom will be here to drop some things off for the kids, God only knows what she did now, she spoils all of them worse than you do."

Jayden laughed softly at what his wife told him before he smiled. "Your mom does spoil them a lot more then I ever will." He said before he kissed Amelia's forehead and yawned softly. "The twins are sleeping which is good." He said with a soft sigh and finished his cup of coffee before he cleaned the mug. "Have you talked to Isabel? I know Dawson wants their son to come already but last I heard Bel was in a lot of pain." He said worriedly before he heard the door open and Isabel laughed softly. "I can answer that for you. I'm alright." She said, hugging Amelia and Jayden. "If I get up and move my son doesn't hurt me that much." She added with a sigh. "How are y'all? I'm assuming the twins are sleeping since it's nice and quiet."

Amelia just shook her head as she watched Isabel walk in the house. "She's never been someone who likes to stay in one place for too long." Nursing her coffee Amelia turned her gaze to Isabel as she spoke to her. "It was nice and quiet, until your loud mouth walked through the door," Amelia replied sarcastically with a laugh. "If you're running away from husband, ya picked the wrong place. You know he'll come looking here first. I thought you were a better escapist." Setting the bagel Amelia originally made for herself in front of Isabel. "We're fine , how are you?" Amelia asked with a playful glare.

Isabel laughed softly at her best friend's statement before she shrugged and sat at the island, pushing the bagel back to her. "I already ate but thank you." She said sweetly before she let out a yawn. "I'm good. Dawson wants me to finally take my leave from work but I refuse to do so. That is currently what I am dealing with. That and our son loves to cause me pain and discomfort." She said with a sigh. "Don't you have a name for him yet?" Jayden asked curiously to which Isabel oved exaggerated a sigh. "I wish I did. Dawson was in charge for this one and he refuses to tell me. He won't tell me until this little guy comes out of my stomach." She said with a shake of her head.

"You're a mess, you need to take your leave before Dawson comes for my blood, I'll get Kyle to sign off on in for me, and I know better than to think you left Dawson completely in control of picking a name. You have one picked out, just in case. He needs a name, he'll be here soon."

Isabel laughed softly at her best friend before she smiled at her. "Being with y'all will always be my escape, even if it doesn't work." She said happily before she placed a hand in her stomach and smiled gently as she nodded. "I do have a name but only for an emergency. I really want Dawson to pick and I also really want our son out already. He's due in two and a halfs weeks but these weeks are going so slow." She said while biting her lip and sighed once more.

"You both are so impatient, he'll come when he's ready and he'll probably make you wait even longer if you keep complaining. Enjoy the peace of two children. In two weeks you'll be officially outnumbered," Amelia replied while she ate her bagel, watching Jayden run off to retrieve Elliot, glaring at her when she went to get up. Rolling her eyes Amelia heaved a dramatic sigh and sat back down."He's hellbent on keeping me from being mom today."

Isabel watched the couple before her curiously and laughed at what Amelia said. "Well, he is trying to help out so just accept it. You do need your rest. I know damn well you did not let yourself relax yesterday." She said with a knowing expression before she yawned and rubbed her stomach. "Dawson's been watching me like a hawk and I think I may go insane." She told her best friend seriously. "But I know he's just worried about my safety." She added before Jayden walked back to join the journalist with Elliot in his arms. "We all are, Bel. We have reason to be." He said softly to which Bel sighed. "I know I know. I love y'all for this but I really just wish he would get out of my life."

"People like that don't leave our lives, we both know that," Amelia replied simply. Eyeing her husband while he held their son, fighting the urge to take him when he continued to fuss. A such as she knew her husband was capable, her instincts were difficult to avoid. "We all just want you safe, you would think the number of times we've beat his ass he would get the point."

Isabel sighed softly but smiled at her best friend and her husband. They were the best people she could ask to have her back and she hugged them gently before she left. "I love y'all. Amelia be nice with your husband. Don't try and take over today." She said teasingly before she left and Jayden sighed softly when Elliot finally began to sleep. "I'm glad he's asleep." He whispered softly and kissed Amelia's forehead. "Now if only you could do the same." He told her softly.

"I'm a natural born journalist, we don't sleep, even when we want too," Amelia replied with a grin as she looked out onto the living room to see it looked as though a tornado went through their home, even after everything she had done yesterday, it was hopeless. Finishing her coffee she out the cup in the sink and went to fill her water bottle for the day. "Don't you have better things to do besides boss me around allllllll day? If you want to spend the day with me you could at least be nice."

Jayden laughed at his wife before he smiled and wrapped his arms around her waist, kissing the back of her neck gently. "I suppose I can." He said softly as he watched both of the twins sleep happily in the living room. "I need to clean this room again." He added with a sigh before he kissed Amelia gently. "Or I can just relax with you happily." He said with a wink. He took the day off to care for the twins and just enjoy time with his wife. They needed it even if it wouldn't last long with the twins around.

"Don't touch it, Camilla and Lincoln can pick up after themselves," Amelia replied adamantly, "And the word relax is not in my vocabulary, since you want to help me you can help plan Camilla's birthday party." Running into her office, Amelia quickly returned with her binder full of lists and ideas and pulled out the plans she made for Camilla's seventh birthday. Handing the list to her husband she laughed at his bewilderment. "What?" She asked innocently knowing she was meticulous in her planning and that often overwhelmed Jayden who had a tendency to just throw things together on the fly. When he made a comment about it being too much Amelia pouted, "Stopppp, you know I was deprived as a child, I have to make up for it for them. My seventh birthday is when all Jason's plans had to be canceled because of the hurricane and we ended up all blowing out my birthday candles in the dark on the kitchen floor," she said, adding the sad look for effect. She knew it always got to him when she told him her childhood misfortunes. "Please? She's been really well behaved lately and I don't want her to feel less important because of Nicolette and Elliot."

Jayden always knew his wife was very over the top when it came to celebrating their children's birthdays. He knew it was because she wanted them to have the world but at times he also knew it could be too much. With that thought, he sighed softly at the face his wife made after she explained her childhood misfortunes again. He could never say no when she did. "Okay okay. I suppose it's alright plus Camilla is very over the top herself." He said with a laugh before he helped his wife plan out everything. "The castle bounce house is best." He said with a nod of his head before he picked up Nicolette who began crying from discomfort and hunger. He went to change her diaper rather quickly before he fed her. "Hey there Nikki. Calm down." He whispered softly to her, kissing her forehead.

"Yay!" Amelia exclaimed giddily at her husband's approval, smiling at how well he cared for Nicolette. He was a natural and always had been, while being a mother was an acquired taste for Amelia, but he always remained patient with her in the beginning. When her mother walked through the door, Amelia sighed at the large baskets of gifts she cared for the twins. Her mother was the typical grandmother who was excessive when it came to her grandkids. "Mom, really? I told you not to do this? The house is already a disaster as is."

"Shush, Am, you can't tell me what to do, I'm your mother, I give you the orders, and maybe it wouldn't be such a 'disaster' if you found something bigger, and closer to me, the drive here is so damn crazy."

Amelia just laughed at her mom and shook her head. "Sounds like a personal problem to me, mom. We won't be leaving this city any time soon--"

"Because you married the chief, I know, he never lets us forget. But at least I can say you got married. I thought you were going to be alone forever."

"Mom!"

"What Miss Honesty-is-the-best-policy, was that too honest for you?"

"I'm a journalist, nothing is too honest for me, thanks though."

Amelia's mother released a sarcastic laugh at her daughter's reply. "I raised such a hard headed daughter and it always comes back to bite me in the ass, okay, Mrs. Hotshot, you don't have to leave here, but ya should still find something bigger. You could live lashily now and you still are too overly responsible. It's annoying."

"Right. Annoying, that's why I have the company and the bank account that set you and your lesser spawn up for life."

"That's why you're my favorite.Now where's Elliot since I wouldn't be able to fight Jay off for Nicolette?"

Jayden merely shook his head at the sight of the bags Amelia's mother walked in with for the twins. Jayden smiled at the woman's conversation and continued to care for Nicolette as they spoke. He admired the little bundle of joy in his arms and kissed her head softly before sighing gently. She was falling asleep which was a good thing and Jayden smiled when he saw Elliot wake for his grandmother, giving her an innocent smile before he made cute baby noises that filled the room. Jayden walked over to Amelia and kissed her head gently before he put Nicolette back in her crib and smiled as she slept soundly. "All they do is sleep but it's cute. How have you been mom?" He asked Amelia's mother before side hugging her as Elliot reached up to his grandmothers face with a bubbly giggle.

"You know every time I get to see you, I'm good," Emily replied happily to Jayden with a playful wink. Looking down to her grandson, she took his tiny hands and kissed his fingers, only erupting his giggles further, her eyes lighting up at his precious innocence that she always adored in babies. As her mother fawned over the baby, Amelia sighed dramatically at her mother to get her attention when she tried to convince Jayden to get Amelia to look into a bigger house. "Mom stop, it's fine here and I can't."

"Oh please, you can do whatever you want Am,"

"Just because I can doesn't mean I should."

Emily looked to her oldest with the heaviest of stares. "What is your sister trying to con you into now?"

"Nothing."

"Amelia."

"It's not Brittany, it's Ella and Erica. I promised Aria to help her, and things are not good for her right now. She lost the practice because it was too much for her to handle on her own, so I'm all they have right now. If I don't help her you know who will try to take those girls away from their mom and I won't let that happen. Jason's mom can come for me before I let her touch those girls."

Jayden sighed softly as he listened to his wife. He knew about the situation. About how hard it was for Aria to keep the practice and care for Ella and Erica. It was a lot of work that she couldn't do and as everyday went by, Aria missed Jason more and more. Jayden smiled at Emily as she looked at him before he nodded. This meant a lot to Amelia, helping three people who meant something to her. He couldn't get upset with her over that but they did need another house. This one was no longer suffice with the amount of children they had running around. With that, Jayden kissed Amelia gently before he sat on the couch and smiled as Elliot's giggles continued to fill the room. It was a beautiful sight for Jayden and he loved his children so much. He smiled at Amelia and yawned as he closed his eyes for a split second.

Amelia hoped in due time Aria would find her way again. She didn't mind helping her, but she wanted her to be happy, something she hadn't been in awhile. Amelia felt for her thought, she didn't like to think about placing herself in her aunt's shoes. Amelia wouldn't be able to handle her kids on her own if anything happened to her husband, that's why she did as much as she did for the three. While she watched her mom play with her grandson, Amelia curled up to Jayden when he joined her and pulled the throw over them, letting her lingering exhaustion finally take control as she fell asleep curled into her husband's chest.

Jayden sighed softly out of relief when Amelia let her sleep overcome her. He really hoped she was going to rest and when she did, he smiled at Emily before going to out Amelia in their bed, going back down and smiling as he and Emily talked. Everything was going smoothly and he couldn't have been more thankful. He was happy to be able to be here with his family when they needed him the most.

As time went by, Isabel's water finally broke and the baby was coming. Isabel panicked since Dawson wasn't home and quickly called Amelia and Jayden. Dawson had gone to work to check on something really quick and Isabel never handled pain well. She didn't like being alone but when Asher came down to help her, he called his cousin Bel and the two quickly helped Isabel go to the car. Isabel drove her aunt to the hospital and helped as much as possible until Dawson arrived. "I'm glad you're here. I'll take Asher and Olivia with me." She said with a gentle smile.

Dawson left as soon as he got the call. He didn't want to leave his wife, but he didn't have a choice, he had to sign off on some papers for his mentee to legally fly on his own. When he arrived, he ran into the room and kissed his niece's head in thank you for helping and shooed off Asher and Olivia with their cousin. "Go on, Aunt Amelia is waiting for you, I think she told me something about taking you to get ice-cream." Dawson said with a bright expression, smiling st his children's innocent concern for their mother. Hugging Olivia and Olivia Dawson kissed their heads, "Your momma will be fine, I promise, the next time you see her your little brother will be here. Okay? Now go with Bel and be good for your aunt." With two simultaneous head nods, Asher and Olivia took their cousin's hands and walked off, still upset by the state they witnessed their mom in.

Once the room was cleared, the pilot took a tight grip of his wife's hand and reassured her everything would be alright from here. Whispering calmly to her in her obvious hysteria, tears streaming down her face, Dawson cupped her face. "Hey, breathe, you can get through this, I'm here. Last time, I promise," he said in a playful tease to try and get a laugh out of her. Wiping her tear stained cheeks with his thumbs Dawson kissed her lovingly. "He's almost here, you can do it."

Isabel could never handle pain and being here in labor was never something she enjoyed about having children. She knew it would be worth it when she got to hold her son but the pain was so bad she cried. She listened to everything her husband said and opened her eyes, looking at him after she kissed him before she laughed softly at his statement. "You said that the last time." She whispered softly before she tensed up once again. "I need an epidural." She told him seriously. She never went through this without one. Once the nurse came in and was able to calm her by giving her temporary pain medication, Bel but her lip as she held Dawson's hand. "What's his name going to be?" She whispered softly before she dozed off into sleep while she could.

"Okay, we'll hey you one but it's too soon right now," Dawson replied gently while he ran his hand over her forehead. When the nurse came in to offer a temporary solution he released a soft sigh of relief. Dawson hated knowing he couldn't take his wife's pain away himself. As she began to loosen her grip and relax Dawson laughed at her question. "You'll know soon, rest."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back