• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Holiday Love

At the mention of her mother, Bel sighed in frustration and tried to cut her aunt off. "I don't want to talk about it," she replied in fierce desperation, her gaze going blank when her aunts voice was raised over hers to tell her she had no idea where her mom was, as devastating as that was, Bel kept her front up exceptionally well. "If you're saying that to make me feel guilty, it won't work, even if it's true, she went there asking for it. She's not courageous, she's stupid. I hope it was worth it to her," Bel replied coldly out of anger still but she knew between her aunt and her father, one of them would put her in her place if she didn't stop treating her mom like she never cared for her or her siblings.

Last edited:
Isabel gripped the table cloth under them before she simply shook her head. "Your mom is an idiot, Bel. You're not the only one upset with her." She said with a serious gaze and stern tone. "And I'm not saying that to make you feel guilty. I'm saying it because it's true. Because my best friend, your mom, is off the grid and we all know what that means for a journalist. There's a chance she won't come back." She added, sucking in a deep breath. "You can continue to be angry with her, but don't ever say your mother isn't courageous or that she never cared for you or you brothers and sisters. Your mom is the strongest woman I know. Going to places where people want us dead is apart of what we do. I've done it before, several times. We do it because nobody else will. Nobody else will tell the stories that need to be told, Isabel." She said sternly. "Which is why I'm going after her. No one else in the field, or with authority will go after her but I guess since I'm going to Africa to find her, I'm not courageous. I wasn't planning on telling your father. Dawson already knows of my decision. If you're mad at your mom for leaving, then you can be mad at me as well." She said sternly, finishing her food before she paid and stood up. "I leave tonight. Don't tell your father. I'll find her." Bel told her niece before she went to her car and drove off. This was a big risk but the only one that could find Amelia was her.

Before Bel could even rush home in the midst of her horror to disobey her aunt and tell her father what was happening, her Uncle Dawson beat her. The distraught pilot ran into the house, slamming the door and when he made eye contact with Jayden he quickly walked towards him. "You need to do something before my wife boards a plane to one of the deadliest countries in the world! You might let yours rule you, but I have limits and I swear to God, Jayden, if my wife boards a plane for Darfur and doesn't come back, I will not be a nice man!" Right then, Bel came running through the door, out of breath and in tears, once she was out of the company of her aunt she let her sorrow and fear of losing her mother take over her. Through her hyperventilating panic, she offered the missing piece explaining Dawson's outburst. "Da--ad, mom we-ent o-ff off the g-grid," Bel said frantically trying to catch her breath to compose herself. Running to her dad she hugged him. "You have to do something, pl-please, w-we c-can't lose Aunt Bel t-too."

Jayden was confused as to why Dawson was being so hostile. He didn't know why but he listened to him closely. Isabel was going to Darfur? For what he didn't know but when his distraught niece ran in and hugged him close, he let the words she said sink deep into his skin. His wife went off the grid. She was missing and now Isabel was going to go after her. Jaydens stomach was turning and he felt sick. This was real and he needed to help. He knew he could. That was the advantage of working for the CIA at one point and Isabel with the FBI. He held Bel tightly against her and kissed her head before he released the breath he didn't realize he was holding. He looked at Dawson and nodded. "I'll work on it. Isabel won't be able to board the plane. I'll get Luke to stop her at the airport. Well, him and you should go. You're the only one she'll listen to. I'll contact Savannah with the CIA. Tell Isabel she needs to get the story out." He said seriously before be grabbed his phone and called Luke to meet Dawson at the airport. After that he called Savannah and continued to hold his daughter. After that he pulled away and cupped her face, wiping away her tears. "We'll find her. I can't guarantee it will be soon but we will. Trust in me." He whispered to her softly, kissing her forehead.

This is what everyone was afraid of. Looking to her father, Bel just nodded and finally managed to compose herself for her father's sake. "Okay..." She replied gently. The guilt was hitting her now, after she watched her aunt look to her with nothing but anger in her eyes, it chilled Bel. Sitting at the island with a glass of water she watched her father pace back and forth while he made an endless amount of calls to try and launch an investigation. He was growing impatient and desperate, she could see it in the tension of his body language. When he finally sat down and put his face in his hands, Bel shuttered a question she knew no one wanted to hear. "What if she doesn't come home?"

When Jayden heared that question, his heart stopped beating and he took in a deep breath, releasing it before he looked at his daughter with a weak expression. "She'll come home. I know she will. Don't give up on her." He whispered softly to his daughter, biting his lip to compose himself before he closed his eyes. Amelia was coming home. She was. He was not going to give up on her.

When Isabel was right about to board her plane, she was puzzled when Luke came and stopped her. "Luke, you don't know enough to stop me from getting on this plane." She said sternly, holding her ground. "You're right, I don't but your husband does." He said seriously and Isabel bit her lip and closed her eyes. The way she let Dawson know about her boarding a plane and leaving to Darfur was not the best way. She called him, didn't even face him. Now she was going to and as she turned she smiled sheepishly. "Hi, babe." She said, biting her lip.

"You're not going," Dawson said simply, crossing his arms. "You can't just sneak into a country illegally with no backing, how far do you think you'll get with finding her? They'll just do to you whatever they did to her and then America will have two lives in jeopardy. You're not going after her, Isabel."

Isabel sighed softly as she looked at her husband and bit her lip, fighting back tears. "I need to go. I'm the only one who would know where to start." She told him seriously as she gripped her lugagge handle tightly. "I can do this." She told him seriously, trying to stay strong when he walked closer and held her. She needed to keep her front. She needed to go rescue Amelia. It was up to her but she sighed softly before she pulled away and looked at him. "I have to help." She whispered desperately. "Please."

"No Isabel," Dawson whispered, his voice shaking. "You're not going and you're not the only one who can find her. Jayden is working with the government to launch an investigation and he needs you here to keep everyone in the office calm and spread the story to build support. You're not helping him by endangering yourself. I know you want her home, but this isn't the way."

Isabel sighed softly as she looked at Dawson and bit her lip. She knew he was right and he refused to believe it. So much so that she grabbed her luggage and walked to her car without saying another word. She had too many emotions running through her mind and when she got into her car, she slammed her hand against the wheel and broke down crying. She couldn't do this. Amelia was an idiot but she needed to come home. She continued to cry in her car until she heard a knock on her window and shook from fright, looking at the window before sighing softly.

Dawson knew this was a living nightmare for both his wife and their dear friend Jayden and he couldn't imagine what the chief was going through, that's why he refused to let his wife leave his sight. He tried his best to console both of them, but by the next morning, someone had leaked Amelia's disappearance to the media. When Isabel walked into the office the next morning, everyone stood and stared at her with sympathetic gazes, even though the pair were serious in their business setting, it was easy to tell why they were best friends. The newsroom was buzzing with attention, as all other major outlets were waiting for a statement from the remaining head. The public wanted to know how all of this happened.As the entire office stood in silence they waited to be told what to do to help.

This entire situation was a difficult one. Isabel had to keep a straight face and be composed. When she walked into the office, she stayed still as everyone looked at her, waiting to be told what to do. She took a deep breath and sighed softly. "Alright. Today we start looking for Amelia. What I need from all of you is to help. I need our investigative section to do the best digging you can do, here within our borders. I'll handle the rest of the media outlets. I need this story out fast, spread the word. Start updating our networks and do so diligently. I know we can do this together. If you need me, call me. I have a press conference to attend." She said simply, walking out and down to their main floor which was filled with other media outlets. It took a lot for isabel to keep her composure and when she walked to the podium, she smiled when Jayden showed up. "Thank you for coming." She said gently.

"I need you in one piece at the end of this," Jayden replied trying to calm his own nerves by lightening the mood. He hoped Isabel could keep her composure, but being married to a journalist taught him that these outlets were out for answers and they weren't going to spare Isabel as a best friend or an overseeing head. Taking her into a hug before they went live, Jayden did his best to reassure her. "You can do this, we will bring her home."

Isabel took a deep breath as she looked at one of her closest friends and nodded. She hugged him tightly and when they pulled away, she took a deep breath then stood at the podium, looking at all the other journalists ready to tear Isabel to shreds. "I want to start off by thanking you for coming. As many of you heard, Amelia has in fact gone off the grid in Darfur. I have my team working diligently on the matter and getting as much information as possible. As many of you know, Darfur is one of the most deadliest countries. From what I know, Amelia went out on assignment to bring awareness to the education that is developing in those countries. It's unsure when Amelia went off the grid. As of right now there isn't much information I can relay to you but when I get it I will relay it." She said and bit her lip. "I have the FBI and the CIA working on this investigation. I am more than positive Amelia will be found and brought back."

"Who oversaw this project?"

"Who let her go alone?"

"How can it be uncertain how long she has been missing? Does your company not follow international protocol?"

"Do you really think an investigation will be launched?"

"Why did she go alone?"

They all clamored. The media exploded at Amelia's disappearance because of her travel history. They all were concerned for the respected journalist.

Every single question asked was a good one. Why did Isabel let her go alone? How the hell did she not let someone go with her? Isabel felt her stomach churning as she began to feel sick. She hated herself in that very moment.

"I oversaw this project. I was the one who agreed to this. We have a trusted network in Africa that was supposed to meet her and they did. I can assure you our company does follow international protocol, which is why I knew about Amelia's disappearance before anyone else. I assure you she will be found and brought back. I have total confidence an investigation will be opened." She said confidently, more so for herself. She knew everything she said was lacking substance, something all journalists hated. She hated herself for her answers as well.

One journalist looked over to Jayden while they listened to Isabel deliver the same generic answers. Everyone knew this man to be her husband and turned to him. "Why did you let her go?" It was a simple question, but it was one that packed the punch everyone in the room wanted to deliver.

Isabel took in a deep breath as she looked over at Jayden who froze at the question. She couldn't imagine what it felt like to be accused of not being a good husband for the third time. She watched as Jayden stayed quiet and motionless before he looked up at the crowd. "I let her go because I was an idiot." He said simply and Isabel felt her heart break. "Because I love my wife and only ever want to see her happy. I let her go because I support what she does and have trust in her. I know this is what she is called to do. She and I could switch places and you could ask her the same question. We both have demanding jobs. We both know the risk we take every time we go on an assignment. We understand and not hold each other back but this time I should've. I should've made her stay. I knew she and Isabel are wanted dead in Darfur. I should have never let her leave me but my love for her makes me do crazy things." He said simply as everyone fell quiet. Isabel cleared her throats before looking at the room of journalists. "Thank you for coming today. We will keep you updated." She said and left quickly with Jayden following behind.

The woman who had heads turned all across her country had been missing for two days. She was working with an interpreter in a local school house to talk to the local young girls about their educational experience. She did her best to not stick out like a sore thumb, but it was nearly impossible. Catching the eyes of some locals, she caught the eye of some enraged gentlemen who had a biased hate for her based on their stereotypical view of an American woman. They were intimidated by her intelligence and grace with the locals and felt the need to eradicate the threat. Breaking into the school one day, they raised their weapons towards the girls and screamed threatening demands before they found where the teacher hid the American journalist. Taking her in their arms, they laughed at her fierce effort to fight back. It wasn't until her second day in their dark and cold mud house of a prison that a dark man with a crooked yellow smile approached her forcefully with a sinister glare in his eye, he gripped her thigh tightly to terrify her and it worked. "No! Please no!" She pleaded helplessly in tears knowing he wouldn't understand. When the man gripped her thigh harder she winced, his fingernails breaking her skin while he ran his other hand tenderly over her wedding ring while he tried to get through to her she belonged to someone, not that it would matter to such an unmerciful man. "Please let me go, I have a husband! He'll come looking for you! Please!" Her screams only getting louder as he dug deeper into her flesh. "What do you want?" She pleaded, feeling the blood slipping down her legs. She didn't know if he could understand her at all, but the look in his eyes petrified her.

Last edited:
The fact that the still were not able to get a lead on Amelia made Isabel's stomach drop. This wasn't something she could handle. She hadn't slept at all and she was so focused on herself. She hadn't spoken to Jayden or Dawson at all and when all attention was directed towards an act of violence in Dallas, Isabel was alone, sitting in her office trying her hardest to think of where Amelia could be. She was on the verge of yet another break down when she got a call from an unknown number. When she answered, her heart dropped at the sound of Amelia's pleas. "Amelia!" Isabel exclaimed. "Where is she? Who are you and where is Amelia!" She said desperate for an answer but only went numb when only a laugh was heard and the line went dead. The number couldn't be traced. It was over and when Isabel dropped her phone, she took a deep breath. She had to go. She had to go and save Amelia. She was the only chance she had but when Savannah walked into her office, Isabel composed herself once more. "Please tell me good news. Tell me we got rights to go and find her. Please." She said softly, knowing that was asking for a lot. Amelia needed to come home. This was Isabel's fault for letting her go. She should've kept her back.

Savannah looked to her polished feet and bit her lip. She knew neither Jayden or Isabel would like what they were going to hear. "The agency has decided because of the risks and the circumstances we will not be pursuing an investigation because Amelia went there on her own accord we understand she knew the risks involved when both of you signed off on the travel waiver for traveling illegally to a combat country. If the kidnapper wants to come forward the FBI will investigate but the CIA doesn't want any part in risking the lives of its intelligence agents for Amelia, I'm sorry. I did what I could but it wasn't enough. It's just too risky."

Last edited:
At those words, Isabel knew the only thing she could do was go herself and no one was going to stop her. Not now. Isabel but her lip and nodded before she released a heavy breath. Dawson was going to hate her for this but she had to do it. "Then I'm going." She said and ignored what Savannah had to say about the risks. Isabel didn't give a damn. She was going to find Amelia and bring her back. "I don't care what you say or what anyone else says, Sav. That's my best friend. I need to bring her back to the family she has." She said sternly, holding her ground until she heard someone else in her office. "And what about your own family? Don't you think Dawson wouldn't like this idea?" A familiar voice asked and Isabel cringed once she heard it. She hated that voice and always would. It was Sara, Dawson's deceased wife's best friend. "I know he wouldn't but do you plan on telling him? Make him finally hate me and have us divorce?" She asked the woman with nothing but a serious tone. She didn't have time for games. She needed to get to Amelia and that phone call just made Isabel even more sick than what she was.

"No, I wouldn't, I wouldn't win, he loves you too much to win any argument about you, but is your best friend really worth putting your husband through an unsurpassable amount of grief for the second time? You know he won't survive that, and your kids, you just had son, you can't walk out on them like that, Isabel. It was Amelia's choice to risk her life and now she has, it's not your place to fix it. Do not pick her over your own family."

Meanwhile, Amelia's story was picking up stream all across the nation and was bright to the attention of the federal government. "Mr. President, we need to discuss a plan of action for the journalist who has gone missing in Darfur. The press are spreading it like a summer wild fire.the CIA has already backed out of a possible investigation, how do you want to handle it?"

Isabel took a deep breath as she listened to Sara and smiled weakly. "You wouldn't understand what position I'm in. My best friend, the one I will go and find, is the one who pieced me back together when I was at my lowest point in life. She taught me it was okay to trust people again after I was broken. If she never came into my life, Dawson and I would never be a thing. I wouldn't have a family of my own. That woman did so much to me and I am not going to lose her and watch her family continue grieving." She said sternly but fell silent as she saw Dawson and the look of hurt he gave her. She didn't want to see that. She hated that look and it was just that silence and shake of her husband's head that Isabel was now conflicted.

The President sighed as he tapped his pen on his desk and sat up straight. "We force our way in. She may have known the risks but we can't let one of our own be held captive and tortured in a country like that. Gather our men. We're going to bring her back home where she belongs." He said simply, rubbing his temples. He knew they would need an ally and he knew just who he should ask. Italy. They praised Amelia and Isabel just as much as their own did and he was thankful they were willing to supply support.

Before the tension could rise between Dawson and his wife the phone rang. When Isabel answered, the president addressed her accordingly after his secretary let the journalist know who was on the phone. "Mrs. Covington, I'm aware of the situation happening with one of your most highly respected colleagues, I want you to rest assured our country will handle the situation accordingly. I wanted you to hear it from me that I have made the executive decision to seek Amelia's captors and bring her home. My best men will be leaving shortly and I'll be giving a statement after I leave you. If additional forces are needed your sister country has agreed to lends helping hand. Amelia is an American who serves our public and that makes her my concern and no longer yours. You both are admirable icons for the American people and I will do everything in my power as your chief to bring her home as soon as possible. Take a breathe, Isabel."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back