• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Hogwarts (Still Accepting; Muggles Needed)

Which plot would you be most eager to try?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Gosh.. I can't decide, your just that good at coming up with plots.

• I hate every single one of those/ I have an idea (comment below)

• Total voters

Fallacy

2180px-Harry_Potter_wordmark.svg.png

tumblr_nkpfclGWoj1sfmnojo1_500.gif

So lately I've been in the mood for Harry Potter role-plays. However it seems any role-play following the conventional Hogwarts school-routine have failed in the first few posts, (maybe out of lack of ideas I'm assuming?) so out of loyalty to this fandom as well as having quite a few other ideas of my own I've taken the liberty of spinning out some plots that we could go from. Any questions or comments may be taken below. Additionally, I'm aiming for this to be a small-group role-play of literate, semi to detailed group of role-players who are willing to post at least once a day in order to progress the plot.

#1 - Voldermort has been dead for centuries now, but it seems his seeds of influence have spread across the world of magic, affecting pure bloods and the thoughts of their youth everywhere. There have been rumors of a war coming, an inevitable war no bit of our magic nor expertise can help us prevent, as it is a war against a threat against all reasoning - the pure bloods against the "mud bloods", in an attempt to rid all of the unclean from the world of magic.

#2 - With the rise of technology use over time the world has experienced a drop in the rate of magic being used by its youth as well as its older generations. However it was never known just how bad this might be for the future of the world until around 2077, when magic faded from the world, seemingly completely. Few had use of the old spells anymore apart from old pure blood families. Fortunately among Muggle youth there has been an influx in the amount of magic some are capable of, inspiring hope in some for the revitalization of magic. In order for these muggles to be trained up a number of the few schools still open including Hogwarts have opened up there facility to allow the entry of muggles even though some may be coming in the middle of the year.

#3 - War against a terrorist group of dark-art using wizards and nuclear-wielding muggles has devastated the muggle and magic worlds both. In order to preserve the living world, lottery determined youth under the ages of 19 who are able to wield magic have been sent underground to a facility named after the legendary school of the now mythical 'Harry Potter'. While in this school/ facility students are expected to learn their magic and attempt to conduct there lives as usual as possible, though impossible it may be crowded inside the dark underground facility of Hogwarts.
[border]
[border]

Thread is here-

Hogwarts

[/border]
[border]
[/border][/border]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it could. Would you be proposing getting canon characters involved? I usually tend to shy from that.

In every plot apart from the third one the same settings would be used, even though there would be kind of a spin on the plot in order to insure continued interest. The fore mentioned plots would follow the conventional Hogwarts theme, though the suggested plot we pick would be kind of a plot that progresses from the background until a little later.

I love anything Harry Potter and find #2 and #3 the most interesting. I would love to be part of this! @Fallacy , I'm like you and usually shy away from using canon characters. xD

Alright, thanks everyone for your interest and we'll be able to start as soon as I get the thread up. Please make sure to finalize your votes in the polls so we can make whatever arrangements or compromise or whatever's needed! c:

Edit: If you would like to change your vote or vote more then once you may now do that!

Seems we're even on every plot idea Cx

Anyone willing to change their vote or someone who could act as a tie breaker?

Fallacy said:
Alright, we're between plots #1 and #3. We just need one more vote on either then we'll be able to start!

For either plot, is there a certain age bracket (besides under 19) that you would like to focus on? I'm curious in thinking of the students being at a similar level of magical ability and sharing "classes," in either plot one or three to increase their interaction time.

Akeira said:

For either plot, is there a certain age bracket (besides under 19) that you would like to focus on? I'm curious in thinking of the students being at a similar level of magical ability and sharing "classes," in either plot one or three to increase their interaction time.
I was thinking we could start with term one, which means student's houses haven't been determined yet and they would be about the ages of 11-12. We could have time-skips occasionally but I was hoping to have a role-play where students grow up over time and bond and make relationships with others through the course of the role-play.

Just for an added note, houses will be determined after character sheets are made by most likely random-picking in order to make sure there are enough people in each house.

[QUOTE="Malaika Askari]So roleplay the sorting?

[/QUOTE]
Yes, we most likely will be!

I'll go ahead and put the thread up, and if one of you can ask your friends to be tie breaker go ahead and do so! c:

I'm tagging everyone I can see who commented on the thread since I can't really view all those who voted c:

Fallacy said:
I was thinking we could start with term one, which means student's houses haven't been determined yet and they would be about the ages of 11-12. We could have time-skips occasionally but I was hoping to have a role-play where students grow up over time and bond and make relationships with others through the course of the role-play.
Just for an added note, houses will be determined after character sheets are made by most likely random-picking in order to make sure there are enough people in each house.

Sounds like a plan. I like the idea of starting out with younger students to develop deeper relationships over time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back