• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Historical/Political Fantasy (Ghibli-esque)

mahousouzou

InuYasha Is My Life
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hi there! I'm Q. I'm 30 and go by they/them pronouns. I tend to write 3 paragraphs minimum, though I tend to match partner length. I'm okay with one-liners and single paragraphs ONLY from an artistic standpoint. That is to say, if less = more in that specific instance. Hope that makes sense, haha.

I'm looking for a partner for an rp that, admittedly, stems from a concept I picked up from another. Unfortunately it fell through for whatever reason and I was left with a character I was fascinated by and an equally fascinating topic, imo. Let me explain.

This is set in Japan post WWII, between 1945 and 1950. The character I'm looking for someone to play is from a wealthy European family. Their grandfather had opened a small toyshop in the Kanto region of Japan. After his passing, your character takes ownership and seeks out help from an assistant-- my character. The twist is the toy shop is magical, and the toys come alive. I'm open to discussing many of the specifics, such as: how much does your character know? How much time passes between their taking up of the mantle and hiring the assistant? How does the magic in the shop work? Etc. Etc.

A small warning: I am NOT a history buff, and don't expect my partner to be either. I'd like the focus to be primarily on the fantastical aspect with some minor conflict rising from the politics of the time. That said, if you are a history buff on this time and place and are interested, please feel free to reach out. I'm happy to listen and learn from you as we go through the story together. Only requirement is the vibes should be Ghibli-esque.

My character is a Japanese woman named Kazue Ogata, 22 years old. You are free to play any gender and any European descent. I'm not particular about it and I'd like to give you some room to play around and grow.

Romance between our characters is NOT required, platonic and familial relations can be just as interesting. Ideally I would like to play this in the forums, but I am okay with DM. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back