• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern High School Dreams (ic)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Asahi felt his face flare with a renewed intensity as he felt the idol's arms snake around his torso. It was unexpected to say the least. Right as he was asked to be the partner of another, his initial interest had hugged him from behind. The redhead shot the shorter teen an apologetic stare. He wasn't one to repay kindness with malice, and the food that was forced into his hands was certainly an act of kindness in Yamato's eyes. "Ah, I'm sor-" he tried to apologize before Xuefeng was snatched away by Yukio. 'I seem to be unable to get a single word out today,' Asahi thought, glancing back at the man still on his shoulders. He looked like an idol probably because he was according to the news around school. Asahi wasn't interested much in that type of scene, so he took the words of the occasional whisper and gossip to heart. "My name is Asahi if you didn't know. I'll be in your care as well." Tugging himself away for a moment, he grabbed the rag from Jun's hands and turned to face him.

"So, I assume you're not fond of Yukio?" he chuckled, taking a nibble out of the imagawayaki in his hand. It was good better than the other versions of the item he had in the past. His eyes roamed up and down his partner's body, analyzing how well this race would turn out. Jun was a few centimeters taller than Asahi, but their leg length looked about the same which was the factor that really mattered. "I'm astonished," he admitted, still munching into the confection in his hand, "you two always look so close. I would have never thought I to be your first pick." Of course, the redhead wasn't going to protest. In the end, it looks like no one in the little altercation went without a partner. Hopefully no one had their feelings hurt. "Anyways, what's our plan of action? Do you want to get it done and over with? Win with style? Lose horribly? Or just be better than that person you rejected?" Pysren Pysren Doughnut Doughnut Ineptitude Ineptitude

Last edited:
5018ad0cf880974ec773bf7f4f7e7a01.png

Kaede ran up to the steps of the school, panting and out of breath. It was by good fortune her antiperspirant held during her breakneck sprint to the school, but it obviously can't help where it isn't applied; as she wiped off her brow, which had gathered enough sweat at that point to drip off of her hand, she pulled out her phone from her bag to check the time.

She hit the stop button. "Nice, six minutes and twenty-seven seconds!"

School wouldn't start for another twenty-five minutes.

Though her 'walk' to school was brisk, her mornings were anything but. Her alarm was set an hour before she expected to be out the door, and she'd be damned if she didn't wake up when it rang. Getting up out of bed, she stepped over to her closet to choose what she would wear that day. It was unusual for her to be allowed to choose what she wore, but hey, if it made the run to school easier, she wasn't one to complain. She hated having to run in a blazer with a passion, and the only reason she did it was because she hated walking pace more. She got the easy part over with, a sports bra--most of her bras were sports bras, given there really wasn't any day she wouldn't sprint if she could--and whatever pair of underwear she grabbed first. The difficult part came in the form of the actual outfit; since she and her family hadn't exactly prepared for the fact that there would be no school uniform, for now she only had two sets of clothes she felt like wearing today that fit the weather. Pulling them out and laying them on her bed, she set them in two 'planned' outfits, with one being a v-neck t-shirt with a pleated skirt that ended just above the knee, and the other being a baseball shirt and a pair of jeans. Looking at both of them, she pondered the decision.

I'd rather wear something light like the v-neck and skirt, considering the run, but that school used to be an all-boys school, and aparently the student body ratio is still pretty bad. I mean, I don't want them to ogle me, but I've heard the rumors about places like prisons; when you're around nothing but men, even the sixty year-old lunch lady with the mole that has a hair growing out of it starts to look good! Wait, then wouldn't that make prisoners more dangerous to women when they get out? I mean, I don't want to assume the worst about people, but we are talking about criminals here. Then again, Japan is infamous for its ninety-nine percent incarceration rate. Oh god, what if innocent people were subjected to that!? But I mean, we need to put criminals somewhere, right...?

This mental tangent would go on for about ten minutes, until finally, in a series of mental gymnastics that made sense at the time, it was only logical, that, in protest of the psychological effects of prison on people, but not necessarily the institution itself, she would wear the baseball shirt with the skirt, since she felt a t-shirt and jeans was a bit too cliche for her tastes. She would also put on a pair of long tube socks that went up to just below the knee, in case it was colder out than she expected.

After that ordeal was finally all said and done, she walked over to the corner of the room where she kept her kendo shinai in its carrying bag. Old Reliable, she called it; it was bought as a gift from her dad as a reward for qualifying to be a kendo ikkyu two years ago, and it had been with her through her regional kendo victory, her... less than graceful resignation in nationals due to injury, and her promotion to shodan just last year. She'd already made arrangements to be part of Kendo club, and they had a locker for her to store her equipment. She considered taking it along to use it for practice, but she knew it wasn't competition length for her age group anymore, and it would be suboptimal to practice with a sword that wasn't the proper length or weight. Besides, it had seen a year of use in its time, which meant it could break any day now, and it would break her heart if that happened. She decided not to take it along, and that she'd have to hang it on the wall at some point.

Then, she went down the stairs and into the kitchen of her house to throw together a quick bowl of miso soup, which she ate while she read a book of codebreaking puzzles and talked to her mom and dad before they each left for their respective jobs. Of course, a few of code puzzles had her stumped, but that would change, she hoped, with her morning run.

The night before, in preparation for going to school the next day, she checked Google Maps to see how long the quickest path from her house to the school would be, and, as it turned out, it was almost exactly one mile! She almost laughed at the idea that the "walk" would take about twenty-one and a half minutes, but she knew that those times were meant as estimates for normal people who walked, instead of crazy people who feel the need to run everywhere within running range. It had been a while since she'd timed herself on her mile time, but, given she'd still been doing plenty of running since then, she had high hopes that her time hadn't decayed much since her last timed run. It had been about a month ago, and she'd just barely gotten a sub-six time, with ideal conditions on an indoor track and wearing gym clothes. She'd made the decision last night that she'd time her first run to school. She'd run it regardless, so why not find out her updated run time in 'real' conditions? She lived for this morning run; her love for it, hell, her love for the exercise she did in general, was born from the fact when she got racing, so did her mind; there was something, maybe it was the rise in her pulse forcing more blood to the brain, that helped her make mental connections she wouldn't have made sitting still. It was a feeling she was almost addicted to.

So, at about a half hour until the start of classes, she set out on her run to the school, keeping the particularly difficult puzzles from that morning in her head. What was today's revelation for her? Well... she realized the train of thought behind her outfit choice made no sense. Well, they can't all be winners.

After sitting outside for a while to catch her breath, while celebrating internally about her run time, she stepped into the entryway, and found the locker assigned to her for her shoes. Even if there was no uniform here, they were still in Japan. She slipped out of her running shoes and into her pair of indoor slippers she'd just managed to cram into her bag. The running shoes, of course, went into the locker.

Since then, the school day had been uneventful. Alarmingly uneventful, especially by Kaede's standards; social groups formed in the first few days, and Kaede worried that if she didn't break in to a group fast, she'd be stuck on the outside. Well, she thought, I've always been a social person, so it can't be that hard to find people to get along with, right? Well, her confidence got the better of her, and by the time she was in the cafeteria during lunch time, everyone had already sorted into their groups. She spent that lunch break outside against a wall, to get some fresh air. It was the first time in a long time she'd eaten lunch alone, and it was a blow to the ego.

That's not to say she couldn't have eaten at a table, and it was around this time she began to regret the choice of attire; while it showed basically nothing in the most technical sense, the baseball shirt was still very close fitting, and the skirt didn't exactly help either. When she first stepped into the cafeteria, she could feel several eyes set upon her, confirming her suspicions about the way an all-male school would react to a handful of girls being added to the mix. She was sure they'd be over the moon to have her at the table, but she didn't want to be accepted into a group just by merit of being a girl. Plus, the idea of sitting with someone eyeing her up gave her the creeps.

This problem would carry over straight into the assembly, and, when the three legged race was announced, she could feel a handful of people already closing in to try and partner up with her. In response, she ran to the closest girl in eyeshot and tapped her on the shoulder.

"Hi...! Uh... I know you don't know me, but I have a massive favor to ask. Can you partner with me for the race?"

Interactions: Himari ( SleepySloth SleepySloth )

ilya-kuvshinov-img-4374.jpg

Last edited:
Jun Okada
[class=picture] position: relative; display: inline-block; [/class] [class=text] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top: 0; left: 0; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.2); color: white; z-index: 2; [/class] [class name=text state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [div class=picture] [div class=text]
"The Idol"​

with: Asahi
tags: Salvagers Salvation Salvagers Salvation
As the male called Asahi escaped from his grasp, Jun seemed to relax a little as Yukio was also leaving the scene. Ah, he finally wasn’t going to be bothered by the other’s presence for a while now. Even if it was only for one game. Giving a small bow towards the redhead. It might have been bad matters to suddenly go ahead and hold onto someone he didn’t particularly know. He rubbed the back of his neck as he looked at the other with a sweet smile. Different from what he usually showed to people he disliked. But Yukio still didn’t manage to get on his “hate list”. Very few people managed to get onto that one as a lot needed to be done to reach that one. His whole demeanor would change whenever he encountered one of them, becoming borderline hostile. He never was the first one to throw a punch despite how he might look at that point. He knew his boundaries, especially since he became a popular idol. He wouldn’t want to drag their reputation down.

“Fond of Yukio?” Jun repeated in shock. “How the hell does it even look like we get along.” Rubbing the bridge of his nose. “If anything, I’d say he’s annoying. Like a mosquito that keep you up at night.” It was the best explanation he could give to Asahi. He didn’t see the point in lying about that. Nobody could get along with everyone, not genuinely. That was his opinion. Of course, there were those that faked it, but he could tell them apart in the end. Nobody would be able to keep up the mask they were hiding behind. It cost too much energy. He sighed and shook his head in an attempt to make the bad thoughts to go away.

Once they got back to the topic of the game, Jun got to thinking about how their playstyle could be. “Mhm… I don’t really get competitive during these games but I really want to crush that shithead.” He commented, fire seemingly lighting up in his eyes. “Trying to match our tempo would be the most difficult part but we could manage.” He said reassuringly.

[/div][/div]
codedbycrucialstar | hidden scroll

m3WaqMZ.jpg
chiriko-tsurumi-24591.jpg

Daisuke Minamoto & Sakura Minamoto

Place: School entrance, then track field
Interactions: open

The school might not have a policy on compulsory use of uniforms, but for the Discipline Committee -headed by Daisuke Minamoto- it didn’t mean students can assist dressed as they please, and that has to be clear from day one.

The Discpline Committee was the most opposed to daringly, they still wore the uniforms that the school once required before their current dressing policy, white sneakers, black pants, white shirt under a black jacket, pretty much a common gakurako. Except by a white armband with the school logo on.

Therefore the member of the Discipline Committee arrived much earlier than the time of entry and stood in one of the main entrances of the school, like the lions guarding the entrance of a sacred place, they looked fierce while staring at the students passing, and ensuring they didn’t look ‘daringly’.

Although all members should be strong enough to enforce their indications, Daisuke Minamoto, in particular, was the worst or the best member (depends on which side of the rules someone can be), and if someone had spent enough time in the school, they surely know how he gained his nickname, ‘Gestapo’.

An unfortunate boy who decided to came in a BVD to show his muscles was obliged to wear a shirt taken from the lost objects box.

The track field was crowded with students in preparation for the three-legged race, in such events where a huge number of students gathered, not only the teachers were there to supervise, but also the member of the Discipline Committee, who now counted with a novelty: a girl.

Indeed, a girl with long black hair, thick glasses and with an odd skirt that reached almost to her ankles walked by the side of Daisuke, although she seemed quite boring she still caught the staring of some boys, who were reprehended by Daisuke of course.

-Staring at a woman is…- he said turning to them with a sight of disapproval.
"...disrespectful" she said finishing his phrase with a similar sight.

With a nervous look both boys left wondering who was that girl who had the same fierce eyes of Daisuke and who was able to finish his sentences.

“So they called you, ‘Gestapo’, huh” asked Sakura to Daisuke but without visual contact “we do look like fascists with these armbands”. She said touching the armband with two of her fingers, the armband that proved she was now a member of the Discipline Commiittee.

“They call us Gestapo and what is that supposed to mean?” asked Daisuke, his voice was cold as usual but it dissimulated a little of tenderness in it.

“Nothing, I guess I’ll have to get used to a new school” she replied with a but of sassiness, probably one of the very few people in the school who could do that. “Then what do you do to mantain discipline in a boys school?”.

“No daring clothes, no cheating on school tests, no bringing of forbidden or dangerous items, no bullying and no fighting” replied Daisuke while watching the crowd in the frield track like a wolf observing the sheeps.

“And I guess we will have to add a rule about staring at girls” added Sakura “or probably an entire set of new rules for boys and girls relation”.

Kuro

Home
Beep Beep

Beep Beep

Beep Beep

Beep Be--

So annoying ...

Kuro slapped the alarm clock and glanced at the time: An hour before he needed to be at school. Kuro groaned and literally slid out of bed. Normally, he'd just sleep in, but Sakura promised to make his life a nightmare if he was late on the first day, and the only thing he hated more than not sleeping was being reprimanded by her. After all, she never seemed to run out of things to scold him over. Scratching his head, Kuro slowly but meticulously got ready, paying great attention to make sure his clothes accented his figure. After all, what was the point of gaining assets if you couldn't show them off? As a bonus, Sakura would definitely disapprove of the tight fit clothes he pulled on.

After finishing, he glanced at his clock: He had 15 minutes left. Groaning he finally left his room and headed to the kitchen. Absentmindedly grabbing the bento box sitting on the counter, alongside the note, he continued his stroll right out the door and into a limo. The driver locked eyes with Kuro before nodding and taking off.

A few minutes later, Kuro arrived at the school, with 2 minutes to spare. Taking note of the number of people not in their classrooms already, Kuro shrugged as he continued walking, mildly ignoring the looks he was surely getting. Although they were supposedly only a few of them, Kuro saw many girls out of his peripherals gawking at him: Mission accomplished?

Kuro frowned, I thought this was a mostly boys school? Oh well, I'm sure I'll see more of them in a bit.

As he reached the front doors, he noticed an unavoidable gaggle of the female specimen standing, watching him with too much in his opinion enthusiam. Kuro mentally sighed, but on the outside, smiled brightly. Might as well get some help, "Well, hello, ladies. Mind helping me get to my classroom?"

Track field
It was a very uneventful morning. His classes were boring, the desks were uncomfortable, and many of his female classmates swooned over him while a noticeable amount of his male classmates were glaring daggers at him, *sigh* If only ...

His lunch was even worse as he tried to eat in peace but he was ambushed and dragged to a table of girls. It always amazed him how quickly girls can group up, even on the first day of school. Nevertheless, he entertained their presence as they let him eat some of their food, and you could never have too much food, though it was clear that some of the girls at the table should not be allowed near a microwave, much less a stove.

Afterwards, he, along with everyone else headed to the track field, where it was revealed that they'd have to do a three-legged race. Although his mind was telling him he'd rather sleep, Kuro's body was aching for activity. After all, he wasn't able to get in a workout today. Looking around, Kuro tried to find a suitable partner.

Glancing around, he spotted Sakura and Daisuke, as commanding as ever. Surprised that he didn't see them beforehand especially since he considers that a good thing, he isn't surprised by the looks they were receiving now. After all, Sakura was a girl and Daisuke was one of the more well-known individuals of the school, according to the limited interactions he's had with non-first year/ non-transfer students. On top of that, Kuro was sure if allowed, either of them could win the race on their own. Despite that fact, they'd probably work together anyway, given the circumstances

Nevertheless, Kuro decided to go say 'hi'. Moreso to entertain himself than to be cordial, Kuro also decided he might bump into a partner by being proactive rather than just standing and looking around.

"Well, hello, beautiful", Kuro teased, walking next to Sakura and reaching for her hand, knowing how much she hated when he did that, "I was worried I wouldn't get to see you today!"

( Blitzkrieg Bob Blitzkrieg Bob )

kuro-png.672488

Asahi nodded along, cupping a gentle hand up to his chin. He was obviously mistaken about Jun's and Yukio's relationship. It appeared proximity did not always equate fondness. In fact, their relationship was quite the opposite of fondness. Jun held a visible distaste for the other wealthy individual, and Yukio held a similar feeling but in a more teasing manner. The recent revelation surprised Asahi. Perhaps it was true that there was a fine line between love and hate. "Hm, how poetic," Asahi thought, thinking of any close friends which Yukio's and Jun's relationship may apply. He couldn't fathom one most likely because he couldn't think of any particularly close friends that he had. He liked keeping his friends at least an arms-length away. Close enough to call them a friend, but far enough where it wouldn't hurt too much if they left. "That doesn't sound right, I'll have to think more about that later," the young man thought, wrapping up his inner conversation.

Jun's intentions were laid in rather vulgar terms, but Asahi got the gist. "So, as the yakuza would say it, you want to curbstomp him?" Asahi questioned, raising an eyebrow. "I can do that, we can do that." Taking a knee, the young man began tying their legs together. "You want to practice matching our stride length right now? Practice makes better than mediocre they always say." He wasn't sure how common that saying was, but he heard his mother say it often when he was taken as a child to her rehearsals. "You have long legs; but so do I, we'll have a better chance at beating those two. The kinder of the two didn't seem to vertically gifted enough to match Yukio." Doughnut Doughnut

txDdVOj.jpg

With: | Xuefeng Ineptitude Ineptitude |
Outfit: Dress shirt, vest, and slacks [ x ]

Yukio caught Xuefeng observing their height difference and told him he'd do his best. Oh no that won't do, he'll have do more than his 'best' to make up for his lack in height. Come to think of it, everyone in this school just about was short as hell. He immediately rolled his eyes in disgust. He walked away for a few seconds to grab a ribbon since neither he nor Xuefeng had a ribbon in their possession. When he got back he held out the ribbon like it was disgusting he didn't want to touch it. "Here, you put it on." Once Xuefeng took it from him, he looked around once more and gave a nod of approval when they locked eyes. He turned to his left, towards the entrance of the track and field and noticed Daisuke and... some girl with long hair walking towards the field.

The damn Discipline Committee, otherwise known as the fun police. Yukio all but glared at the duo before returning his attention back to Xuefeng. Yukio might have to actually put some work into this. And the thought of it did not please him. He started wondering if he could change partners, but mostly everyone was already partnered up. So he was just as stuck as Xuefeng. He did a few stretches that he could while tied with the smaller male and looked up to glare at Jun and his partner briefly before turning his attention over to the teachers who seemed to be the ones to decide when the event would start.

latest
Xuefeng took the ribbon into his slender, yet calloused hands. As he sunk down into a kneeling position in order to tie their legs together, the chef seemed perfectly calm and collected. To anyone looking at him from afar, he was a paragon of composure. To anyone who can read minds, he was so very distressed and fretful that it was hard not to pity his situation. His thoughts ran a mile a minute as he tried to think of a way to make it up to the white-haired teen when his short stature inevitably made the pair lose.

Offer to make him food everyday? But what would he like? Furikake gohan, apple risotto, mapo curry noodles, boeuf bourguignon... Cooking was basically all he was good for, as sad as that may sound.

Another, smaller part of him, however, wanted to win. Not just for Yukio's sake, though that was a huge determining factor, but for his. Maybe if he tried to widen his strides, or sped up the pace, the two would have a chance to beat the others. Slowly, but surely, that voice in his head grew louder. All of a sudden, simply doing his best wasn't enough, he had to be better. Dragging someone down with him, even if it's someone like his current partner, didn't sit well with him.

Once he tied the ribbon securely into a knot, the young man let his long hair loose from its previous half-up hairstyle before gathering it up into a proper ponytail. It was strange how with a little styling, one's air could change entirely. From an unkempt, but adorable teenager, he now had a certain intensity to him that others only ever saw from him when he worked in the kitchen. The teachers should be announcing the start of the race soon.

Pysren Pysren

Ne4TsfX.jpg

With: Webs Elk Webs Elk Chinou
Mention: SleepySloth SleepySloth | Sizniche Sizniche | Doughnut Doughnut | Blitzkrieg Bob Blitzkrieg Bob | Salvagers Salvation Salvagers Salvation | Ineptitude Ineptitude
Outfit: [ x ]

Lunch was a disaster, though it could have been worse. Xiu had to pretend to choke just to distract Chinou and Himari about the 'parents' subject. He normally wouldn't care but he and Chinou have become such good friends. He expected nothing less from his friend as he easily slipped behind him to preform the Heimlich Maneuver. It was uncomfortable, but in the event he was actually choking it wouldn't have mattered. It did not take Xiu long to cough up the riceball he had put into his mouth earlier. He felt alittle sad at the loss of it but hey, got to do what you got to do. He let out a breath and promptly thanked Chinou. He reached out for something to drink when Chinou said he'd go to the vending machine. He rolled his eyes mentally, doesn't he always keep water on hand? That was the first thing Xiu learned about Chinou.

He visibly relax and raised a hand to dismiss his friend but he was already gone. Xiu closed his eyes for a minute to gather his thoughts before opening them and looking around. No one seemed to have noticed his little show, good. He wasn't the type to just start randomly start choking on food. God forbid if someone had seen him. Xiu looked down at the food that was untouched between the three of them and stuffed it in his bento to finish off later. "I'll just take these." He didn't grab the food that Himari was obviously eating, but he did grab everything else.

Xiu eyed Himari when she wasn't looking. What did Chinou see in her when they were kids? Even as a kid Xiu was a bit antisocial with the others. Deeming them all unworthy of his attention. It wasn't as bad as it is now because he had alot more friends then. Most kids did. Xiu thought about what he could say to Himari about Chinou's parents. Should he tell her they passed? Should he say they are away? Should he just simply say don't mention his parents? Should he just let sleeping dogs lie and let Chinou say something if he wished? Before he could decide anything the lunch bell had rang. "There's my cue. Catch you...never." It may seem rude, but it was him actually being nice. Since she was Chinou's friend and all. He gave a small salute with his hand (not the military kind), grabbed his bento and tossed Chinou's in the trash save the container. Oh boy, the manager would have a fit if he tossed the container in the trash.

He met Chinou at the door and put his arms around his shoulder and lead him away from the cafeteria. Gladly taking the drink that was offered. "We are to meet at the Track Field, so let's go." He told Chinou, figuring the male had skipped his classes and probably didn't know. That was one of the things they had common, skipping classes. Once they made it out onto the field, the teachers explained what the first activity would be. "You got to be kidding me. Seriously?" He cursed under his breath and swung around to leave when he noticed Daisuke and some girl walking up. He cursed some more and turned right back around. "Looks like we are stuck here. Damn."

Xiu crossed his arms and looked out to the field. Girls with girls, girls with boys, and boys with boys. He even caught sight of Jun shunning Yukio. It almost made him grin. Almost. He looked at their partners with disinterest. He wouldn't be surprised if Jun won. Upon further inspection he noticed who Yukio's partner was. Xuefeng. He immediately pitied his other frined. Maybe if he had gotten here earlier he could have saved him from Yukio's clutches. Nobody deserved that fate.
A teacher walked up and gave hima and Chinou a long pink ribbon and went behind them to pass out some more. Xiu could care less about these activities. Though he might put some effort into them, you never knew with him. To their right side he saw that Himari was headed their way then was chosen by girl, who seemed to be frantic, to be her partner. Himari was probably coming to ask Chinou to be her partner but Xiu already claimed that honor.

Last edited:
5018ad0cf880974ec773bf7f4f7e7a01.png

Kaede surveyed the room while she awaited her response, sizing up the competition. Among the the people in the room were a red haired kid paired with some guy with distractingly blue hair that all the girls seemed to be gawking at--was she supposed to know who he was? Kaede wouldn't learn until later of his status as an idol--along with a taller fella who looked dressed to impress paired with a boy who... definitely wasn't that tall. Kaede felt bad for making a mental judgement about him; she was sure the kid was nice, but had neither the legspan nor the look of an athlete, so she had a bit more than a hunch that they wouldn't do too well. Beyond them, all the other people she saw were a delinquent-looking kid, swathes of guys who didn't particularly stand out enough to catch her admittedly poor attention, and...

The Minamotos!

She had to admit, she didn't expect to see them here, of all places. Or rather, she didn't expect to see Daisuke so soon, or Sakura at all. She knew Daisuke was a member of the school, which surprised her to no end, considering the reputation of the school and what she knew of Daisuke. Right about now, however, it suddenly kind of clicked when she saw the red armband marking him out as a member of the Disciplinary Committee. She knew them both from the kendo circuits, and her following thereof. Daisuke was well known as a national champion, and Sakura wasn't too far behind, herself; out of the half dozen times or so they crossed paths and sparred, she couldn't remember actually winning against her, and only actually getting a point in edgeways once or twice on a lucky shot. She'd never even gotten the chance to spar against Daisuke yet, and the thought of getting practice in with a national champion was an exciting prospect to say the least. If they were in the Kendo club, she had a good feeling about the practice she'd be getting this year.

She had to fight the urge to run over and talk to them, but she knew it would be rude to run off after asking the girl to partner with her, even if she came back. She'd have to talk to the two of them later. Instead, she whistled to try and get their attention, and waved, wearing the same smile as ever.

Interactions: Himari ( SleepySloth SleepySloth ), The Minamotos ( Blitzkrieg Bob Blitzkrieg Bob )

ilya-kuvshinov-img-4374.jpg

Taji Somun is a teenage boy who always talks to people by using honorifics as his family came from Korea that they had moved to Japan during World War II. In other words, he is a Zainichi.

He got a part-time job as a security guard and he is a student. He also knows karate and is respectful to his little sister, Ruriko but that is not always the case, obviously (unless he is at least doing something nice for her).

One day at school, he is looking for equipments that he might need in order to play baseball (as it is his hobby) until he saw a girl from afar. He decided to talk to her.

"Hello," Taji said happily. "My name is Taji Somun and you are..." He asked as he offered the girl a handshake.

Sizniche Sizniche

Chi

Trackfield
Chi reached the vending machine a few seconds after leaving the cafeteria. Although you couldn't tell by looking at him (he didn't look to be any sort of inconvenienced), he ran the entire time, just in case. After all, it was for Xiu.

Stepping up to the machine, he looks around, making sure the coast was clear, before typing in a sequence of buttons on the electronic keypad. All of a sudden the display glitched out before asking him to choose an item. Chi smiled to himself as he clicked the water and watched it come out. Ever since he bumped into the serviceman and figured out how to work the machine, Chinou's been taking advantage of the test mode, but only when he needed too. After all, he didn't want anyone to get suspicious and replace the entire machine. Grabbing the water, he once again ran back to the cafeteria, hearing the bell ring after a few steps. To his surprise, however, turning the corner, Chi literally ran into Xiu's arms, Oh ... Welll that was convenient.

Chi held out the water for Xiu and saw the multiple bento boxes in his other hand, as he reached for the water, "We are to meet at the Track Field, so let's go."

"Oh really? That's strange." Chi shrugged as he followed Xiu's lead. However, before turning the corner, he glanced back behind him, looking for Himari, I guess she might have already left, she is very punctual after all. I'll catch up with her later on today...

After reaching the field, Chi looked around, noting how diversified the student body was now: bright colors, different styles, a cacophony of voice tones. Definitely a varied group of individuals this year.

Beofre he could get lost in his thoughts, the teachers announced that they were going to have a three-legged race, which caught Chi's attention. Although he wasn't much of a sports guy, he was very competitive, as evidenced by his total near authoritarian rule of the Quiz bowl Team. On the other hand, though, three-legged races sound like something his siblings would do at their school, Just a bit childish, don't you think

As if he heard Chi, Chi saw Xiu turn around but stop once he saw something. Turning himself, Chi spotted Daisuke and a girl that couldn't be anything other than a relative, How can they both look so menacing yet uninteresting...

Grabbing a ribbon from the teacher, Chi smiled briefly as Xiu spoke "Looks like we are stuck here. Damn."

Chi bent down to tie their legs together, "I guess so. Might as well make the best of things. After all, I'm sure we can make things interesting enough..."

After tying their legs, Chi stood back up and spotted Himari. Chi threw one arm around Xiu's shoulder while using the other to wave at Himari for a few seconds. He would have went over to her, but she seemed preoccupied with a girl he didn't recognize. Maybe he'd meet her later. After waving to Himari, he turned around and spotted Xuefeng, in contrast to Himari, not realizing that Yukio was not only standing literally right next to him but interacting with him. Then again, it has been noted, that Chi tends to treat certain people as if they're ghosts every now and then, whether Chi's realizing it or not.

He took a step with his outer leg, but then immediately remember he already tied the ribbon. Mentally chuckling at himself, he turned to Xiu, "Can we go talk to Xuefeng? He seems to be unoccupioed right now."

Chi motioned to the ribbon before teasing, "In hindsight, I probably should have waited to tie us together, but I don't mind being close to you for longer periods of time."

Pysren Pysren - XIu
SleepySloth SleepySloth - Himari
Ineptitude Ineptitude - Xuefeng
Pysren Pysren - Yukio

christopher-jpg.672065

Ne4TsfX.jpg

With: Webs Elk Webs Elk Chinou | Ineptitude Ineptitude Xuefeng
Mention: SleepySloth SleepySloth | Sizniche Sizniche | Blitzkrieg Bob Blitzkrieg Bob

Xiu was looking at the ribbon around his and Chinou's legs when he heard a shrill whistle from Himari's partner. He followed her eyes to Daisuke and that girl that was with him. He was calculating his escape routes, ready to leap into action the moment it looked like the Discipline Committee might be headed this way. Though, his attention was taken from the dup by Chinou who had asked if they could go talk to Xuefeng. Xiu looked to Chinou then to Xuefeng who was obviously standing next to Yukio. Tied together. Xiu was about to mention that Xuefeng wasn't exactly alone, when his slick friend decided to tease him.

It wasn't the first part that got his attention, it was the latter. It caused him to sharply turn his head and stare at Chinou. He offered him a wry smile in amusement and one arm hugged him closely. "Now I'll never take the ribbon off. I'm quite selfish you know." Xiu counter teased in agreement before letting the other male go. He motioned forward towards Xuefeng. "Let's get over there before Daisuke decides to come this way. I rather avoid him if possible." He always had run ins with the Discipline Committee but he always seemed to get away. And well, this was the perfect place to corner him in if they could catch him.

Xiu took his first steps carefully, matching his stride and gait with Chinou. The two weaved through the crowd effortlessly and made their way on over to Yukio and Xuefeng. And of course Yukio ignored the two. Though, Xiu wasn't about to let that slide. He made sure when he and Chinou positioned themselves infront of the duo, he was on the side Yukio was on and stared at his head as if he was boring holes into his skull. The white haired male was about two inches shorter than he was. When he looked Xiu's way, Xiu nonchalantly looked away as if he wasn't even looking at him.

Xiu observed Xuefeng and noticed he had his hair up in a pony tail. Was he taking this race serious? He only ever seen Xuefeng wear his hair like that in cooking club, with a silly serious face on him which was adorable because he was so small. How could he look so serious and manage to still be adorable? Xiu chalked it up to his height. "Couldn't help but notice your predicament, so we decided to stop by." He motioned towards Chinou on his right. "Is everything okay here?" He glanced at Yukio, but clearly he wasn't even talking to him.

latest
Xuefeng blinked up at the two students who suddenly approached him and his partner, and his lips instantly morphed into a dazzling smile as soon as he recognized who they were. Who else could it be aside from...

"Chinou! Xiu!" He greeted them, his face lighting up at the sight of his good friends. "Partnering up with each other, I see." He gestured at their ribbon bound legs.

The chef could say with utmost confidence that the taller duo were his closest companions all throughout the years he spent at this school—or, well, more like his only companions, really. He looked out for them and they did the same for him, and that was so much more than he ever would have expected when his small family of three had just moved to Japan. Having gotten acquainted with the two within the club he'd joined, he wasn't sure what to make of them at first. Then days, weeks, and months had passed, and before he even realized it, the trio were already as thick as thieves—pun certainly not intended.

"Everything's fine here, don't worry," he reassured them, "Yukio's been really nice!" —at the very least, the nicest he's ever been judging from what he's heard about him.

He's never actually spoken with his current partner outside of a few polite greetings whenever they crossed paths. That's not to say that the other ever deigned him with a response, but that was neither here nor there. Who knows, maybe after this, if—no, when they win, he had to have confidence that he could do this—they might even become friends? It was extremely unlikely, but he held onto hope and the slightest chance that it would happen. More people he could hang out together with would be nice...

Pysren Pysren Webs Elk Webs Elk

Chi

(Track Field)
"Now I'll never take the ribbon off. I'm quite selfish you know."

Chi grinned, expecting nothing less from his companion.

"Let's get over there before Daisuke decides to come this way. I rather avoid him if possible."

Chi nodded his head quickly, "Agreed".

Like Xiu, Chi wasn't on the best of terms with the Discipline Committee, them not approving of some of his well-known tendencies, especially Daisuke. It also didn't help that Chi figured out how to outsmart them whenever they tried to do something to hinder him, even retaliating with a little "prank" one year, the paint stain of that idea still splattered on the boy's bathroom wall of the 3rd floor vividly in his mind.

Quickly, but efficiently, the pair walked over to Xuefeng, who greeted them near immediately, "Chinou! Xiu! Partnering up with each other, I see."

Chi nodded, "Yep. We're glued together as always. If only it was a four-legged race, we could have teamed up with you too."

"Couldn't help but notice your predicament, so we decided to stop by. Is everything okay here?"

Chi nodded in agreement. He hoped he could help Xuefeng find a partner if need be. After all, it seems like the teachers aren't taking no for an answer and pairs are forming, leaving less and less alone.

"Everything's fine here, don't worry, Yukio's been really nice!"

Who?

Suddenly Chi felt whiplash as a white-haired individual popped up next to Xuefeng. Like literally popped up, Chi unable to tell you where he even came from. Chi looked concerned and frightened for a second before going back to his resting neutral state. Chi gave him a once-over, seeing the ribbon tied around his and Xuefeng's legs, When did that get there... Oh well, he looks nice enough, I guess. Plus, If Xuefeng says he's okay, he must be fine.

Letting Xiu and Xuefeng talked, Chi caught eyes with Yukio, his own face unsmiling but friendly as ever, "Hello. I believe we haven't met yet. I'm Chinou."

Of course, they most definitely bumped into each other at some point given they're in the same class, and have been for years, but it be like that some times.

Ineptitude Ineptitude - Xuefeng
Pysren Pysren - Xiu
Pysren Pysren - Yukio

christopher-jpg.672065

Last edited:
txDdVOj.jpg

With: | Xuefeng Ineptitude Ineptitude | Xiu Pysren Pysren | Chinou Webs Elk Webs Elk
Outfit: Dress shirt, vest, and slacks [ x ]

Yukio felt the presence of someone approaching him but ignored them. That was until something felt off. Like when you just feel like someone is staring at you. But when he turned to look at who he assumed was staring at him, he looked away. Yukio's eyes lingered for a moment to register who it was. It was none other than Xiu, who seemed to be attached at the hip with Chinou. How dare this riff raff stare at him then just pretend it never happened? If he was a cat, he'd be in that angry cat pose where their hair standing up, back bent and tail straight up.

He attempted to move towards the slightly taller male when his other leg wouldn't budge and suddenly he remembered he was tied to Xuefeng. He looked down at the smaller fellow and practically hissed at this inconvenience. But as usual, he was ignored. When Xiu finally ordained it important enough to acknowledge him, he wasn't even talking to him. Like he wasn't standing right there. When Xiu glanced at him he finally spoke, fist at his sides. "I'm standing right here you know!" He growled the words and tried to seem imposing but it is kind of difficult when your shorter than the person you are trying to intimidate.

Xiu didn't even look his way at all. Then Xuefeng reassured his friends, assisting that Yukio had been nice. Yukio relaxed alittle and looked smugly at the duo as if he won something. Then something surprising happened. He was ignored again. Jun was the except, he was expected to ignore Yukio with how he has been annoying the hell out of him. And well, Xiu? He has no opinion on the likes of him. But atleast he looked at him and acknowledge him in a way. But this guy... Chinou. Oh. My. God. Did he just not only ignore Yukio but actually think he wasn't here? The male was about a inch or so taller then he was.

Yukio stared down this Chinou, as if he was a shorter male. Did he really just say they never met? Well not officially they haven't but Yukio knew of him and even talked to him once or twice of the years since they first came to this school. Chinou was one of those he turned down his money and that didn't sit well with him. He narrowed his eyes a bit for a few seconds. "I know who you are. With that being said, you SHOULD know who I am Chinou." He paused for a moment thinking whether he should say something else or not. "How do you do that? I was standing right here clearly, you pretended to not even notice me." And Xuefeng called these guys his friends. They were rude as hell in contrast to Xuefeng's… niceness.

Ne4TsfX.jpg

With: Webs Elk Webs Elk Chinou | Ineptitude Ineptitude Xuefeng | Pysren Pysren Yukio
Mention: None

"Yukio's been really nice!"

Yukio, nice? Really? Xiu highly doubted that. He wasn't nice at all, but he could be polite when it would gain him something. He looked over Yukio in disbelief who seemed to be preoccupied with his feelings. He focused his attention back to Xuefeng and Chinou. Xiu noticed a lost look on Chinou's face for a brief moment and he cocked an eyebrow at that. Then Chinou decided to greet Yukio who didn't seem pleased. Xiu rolled his eyes and looked down at his friend.

"So how was your first day, anybody give you any trouble?" Xiu first met Xuefeng when he entered into the cooking club. He was inexperienced at that time, and Xuefeng decided to show him the ropes, even though Xiu was making it clear they weren't friends and weren't going to be friends. But obviously, he was dead wrong. Xuefeng easily became his friend, it took some time, but it happened. And a little bit before that he had met Chinou at the cafe the two worked at but they didn't become friends until alittle later. Some time during or after that, the three of them became friends.

Yukio was starting to get alittle rowdy so he turned as much as he could towards Xuefeng that the ribbon between he and Chinou would allow. "You know if anyone gives you any trouble, you can tell us." Out of the trio, Xiu was the most physical. He didn't exactly go around picking fights, but he didn't avoid them either.

Chi

Track Field
And so it begins

"I know who you are. With that being said, you SHOULD know who I am Chinou."

Chi's expression turned into one of surprise. He looked at the boy, trying to force the gears in his head to turn, Have we actually met before? Oh boy. I hope it's not because of the cafe. I'd be super ashamed if that were the case...

Yukio's voice snapped him out of his inner monologue, "How do you do that? I was standing right here clearly, you pretended to not even notice me."

Chi's expression, somehow, became even more shocked, Has he really been here the entire time? I could have sworn Xuefeng was over here alone... but that would explain the ribbon...

Chi immediately fell to one knee, though it was a bit awkward considering the ribbon, hanging his head in embarrassment, "I'm ... not sure what happened ... b-but ... allow me to make it up to you ... somehow..."

If there's one thing he hated, it was making people feel bad, even if he didn't know ... them ...

Click

Oh ... god...

Chi smacked himself as he remembered that he and Yukio were in the same class. Still kneeling, he mentally reprimanded himself for being so inattentive.

He thought about what he could do to make it up to him before suddenly standing up. He then dug in his pocket for something, pulling out a business card, "If you ever need anything, just call me. Any time any place, I'll make it work. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience."

The card was similar to the ones for the cafe he worked at, but with one difference between the ones promoting the business: It had Chi's personal number on it, and he normally only gave it to regulars to the establishment.

( Pysren Pysren - Xiu
Pysren Pysren - Yukio
Ineptitude Ineptitude - Xuefeng)
(I kinda feel bad that it's gonna happen again. XD)

christopher-jpg.672065

m3WaqMZ.jpg
chiriko-tsurumi-24591.jpg

Daisuke Minamoto & Sakura Minamoto

Place: Track field
Interactions: Pysren Pysren - Xiu
Sizniche Sizniche - Kaede
Webs Elk Webs Elk - Kuro

Daisuke and Sakura were still talking when someone approached to them, Daisuke had time to look at him and wave cordially, but when Sakura turned to see who was approaching she felt already that person was reaching her hand.

A chill ran through her backbone and her brain visualised several ways to release her hand and fracture a few bones, but when she raised the sight to see who would be her victim, she found it was no other than Kurozetto Ouji, Sakura’s fiancee.

She was not going to beat him, that would have been improper, but although she wasn’t going to be aggressive, it didn’t mean she liked it, not him, nor his hand. Her expression said it all, while he held her hand, she only showed an expression of surprise mixed with disapproval.

“Ouji-san, good morning”. Said Daisuke who was the first in salute him.

“Good morning ... Ouji-san” Added Sakura who needed a couple of seconds to salute her fiancee.

“Are you attending this school as well?” asked Sakura, now more composed but still annoyed by her hand caught by Kuro.

Although the question might be understood as just a way to keep a polite chat going on, deep inside Sakura was worried that she might have to see her fiancee all days, she didnˋt like him, and having to hold hands with him on a daily basis would be really hard to deal.

“Ouji-san, I’m afraid that holding hands might be against the rules of this school. Isn’t it, cousin?”. Said Sakura trying to stop it, and trying to get Daisuke on her side.

“Holding hands is not against the rules, and you are betrothed, besides you look very cute together” replied Daisuke, scratching his own chin, though it wasn’t clear if he was simply teasing Sakura or if he was the kind of person who put the rules above than his own family.

But as they spoke, Daisuke saw a brunette girl waving at them. The boy waved back, followed by Sakura as well, the girl looked familiar, as he had seen him before, but he couldnˋt remember her well.

Sakura, on the other hand, did recognise her. Not enough as to remember her name, but she remembered she was a kendoka and both had spared and fought together, but she didn’t consider that waving girl as a kendoka only memorable by her hiperactive attiude.

*Is this a bad dream?, a bad dream where you find all the people you don’t like in the first day of school and then wake up?*

Thought Sakura giving herself hopes to remain composed, among her fiancee, his indifferent cousin and that hiper active girl waving.

Daisuke had his mind in other issues, with his sharp sight he saw a boy with blonde hair on the track field, a foreigner student that for Daisuke confirmed many of his prejudices on foreigners, he discreetly followed with the sight.

"If you excuse me, I have something to do, it is an issue related to the Discipline Committe, therefore you can stay here with Ouji-san, Sakura".

"I'm going with you, I'm member of the Discipline Committee as well". Said Sakura a bit nervous, yes, nervous, since the idea of being left with Kuro holding hands was terrily annoying.

latest
"My first day's been great so far!" Xuefeng beamed as he recounted the last few hours to his friend.

Class had been... surprisingly pleasant in spite of it being the new school year. You'd expect that the students would be incredibly rowdy, as had always been the case before. It seemed that the novelty and unfamiliarity of it all had left a lot of them stunned. It was to the point where you could almost say they were behaved—that's compared to their usual behavior, though. Lunch was enjoyable as well. He fed both the local idol and rich kid a bite of his bento—and feeding others has always left him feeling satisfied—not to mention, he might of even made a new potential friend. It might seem mundane to anyone else, but for him, things were going really well.

"I got to pair up with Yukio for this event too, which is a nice change of pace." The chef finished off, glancing up at his partner. It was certainly a change of pace, alright, but not unbearable.

At Xiu's next words, however, he couldn't help but puff up his cheeks, a bit indignant. He doesn't look like it, but he was the oldest of the trio of friends, and liked to think that he was fairly strong. Regardless of his repulsion towards physical activities here at school, he had to at least have the strength to handle the large, iron wok they had at home.

"Don't worry, I can handle myself, you know." Xuefeng raised one of his arms and tried to show off a bit of his muscle, although the long-sleeved shirt he was wearing kept it well hidden. Instead, he just ended up looking like a frail, young boy who was proud of his nonexistent muscles.

Pysren Pysren Webs Elk Webs Elk

Last edited:
Norman just stared at the ribbon he had been given by the teacher in utter confusion. He had never done three legged races in his time in the American education system. Honestly not a lot of time and effort went into physical education in America. It was assumed you would join a club or a sport to get exercise. P.E. amounted to nothing more than walking around in the Gym texting your friends and looking at the latest memes. It was even a regular occurrence to sit down and play poker on the bleachers. Norman wasn’t fat by any stretch of the imagination, but he wasn’t jacked either. Most of his exercise was from long hikes with a hunting rifle and then dragging or carrying his kill back to his home to process it. He was stocky sure, but more built for endurance than sprinting like this seemed to require. The Foreigner was even contemplating sneaking off and waiting will the event was over; maybe coming up with an excuse. It was painfully obvious out of everyone here he and his partner would be finishing toward the back of the pack. The student Norman had partnered with tapped Norman’s shoulder and took the ribbon from him. Once they were tied together his fate was sealed. The only thing he could do now was force a smile and practice with the student. Thankfully they didn’t try to communicate too much. Pretending to be deaf was turning out to be the right call.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back