• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy High fantasy group RP?

Raneth

Woman of Letters
So, while the story and plot is not very clear at the moment, I have a fairly "lore-rich" group RP I'm planning on making with a pretty large variety of species to choose from or that can be encountered, and I'm going to figure out how to make a map(simply to avoid having to describe every country I made up). Pretty typical high fantasy, in all honesty. This is just a preview of what I'll show for now since I don't want to post a bunch of gunk up and get "TL;DRs" or disinterest for the walls of text. It'll just be the countries I have and the culture(s) they're based on(all on a single continent, similar to how Middle Earth was done) as well as the playable/non playable races. And no, I didn't make any of them up. Just used creatures we already have in mythology and fiction and added little things to make them different than how they're normally depicted.

Countries

Jandell
- An unfriendly kingdom to the North and the home country to the Elves. Loric, Abron and Soenga all are on strained terms and have been for the past two hundred years. Currently lead by Matriarch Avriana for the past forty years. Behind Empress Sanyi and Sage Unribiya, Aviana is the third eldest ruler at ninety-eight years of age.

Inspired culture(s): Loosely Scandinavian

Loric

- A young country, only three hundred years in age, with relatively small land. Loric originated after the bastard son(to whom it was later named after in his death) to King Greyor of Abron branched off and waged war with minimal forces behind him. There is not much history as of yet, but the country has proven to be a force worth reckoning with. Loric is currently ruled by the first halfling king, Alvar Kjelsbeign. Alvar is also the youngest ruler at thirty.

Inspired culture(s): Latin, Britain, Scandinavia

Pinemor

- Pinemor is an odd piece of land, being covered in nothing but forests with a soft haze above the never-ending canopy. It's the homeland to the Centaur, Wolvar, Nymphs, Naiads and Fae. There has never been any record of Pinemor being at war with existing countries, or supporting sides in conflicts, making it a peaceful region. The current ruler, who are picked through their wisdom and experience, is Sage Unribiya, the two-hundred year old centaur. Unribiya has been the Sage for thirty years.

Inspired culture(s): Native Americans, India

Grey Wall

- While not an established country, Grey Wall is a city-state that has branched from Loric and has been in this state for a mere seventy years. When tensions arose again between Abron and Loric, the city was a trading center between the two nations and could not risk losing it's economy and civilians, who were comprised primarily of Abron citizens and Loric citizens. After being pushed by the denizens, the mayor forcefully split from Loric after a series of threats and complications. Currently ruled by the human Prime Minister, Braeon Herring.

Inspired culture(s): Britain

Abron

- The oldest human-dominant kingdom; and considered the kingdom of human origin, and by far the largest of them all. Abron has a history filled with violence and domination. This makes it both the most respected and most untrustworthy kingdom among all peoples. It is known well for it's cruelty to the orcs and their kin, as well as their xenophobia to most other species. At present time, Abron is in a relatively peaceful state, aside from the complications with Loric. Currently lead by the human king Kraeus Ederict IV.

Inspired culture(s): Latin, Britain, Scandinavia

Soenga

- A fairly mixed population, Soenga is considered the most racially diverse and most artistically rich country. While not known to be violent, Soenga has shown through history that the people are not afraid to fight back and are among some of the best trained soldiers, for their unique fighting styles that are very different from the teachings of the other soldiers. Soenga is also, arguably, the most rich and healthiest of the kingdoms. Ruled by the cambion Empress Sanyi Yeun for the past eighty years. She is the second eldest sovereign behind Unribiya at one hundred and fifteen.

Inspired culture(s): China, Japan, Korea, Malaysia

Blood Marshes

- Named for it's murky red waters, haunting landscape and use as a battlefield, the Blood Marshes are filled with rather aggressive and deadly creatures and is not officially inhabited outside of military outposts from Abron and Loric. While it's not classified as a country specifically, it is open territory.

Blightlands

- Formerly known as La'maye, the Blightlands was a rich desert and was arguably a larger nation than Abron. The people were warm and adventurous, and contributed a great deal to medicine and healing magic. Some centuries earlier, a merciless illness that many consider a wrath that had never been seen, the people and land itself were killed. While the land itself is no longer a threat, there is nothing to be gained from it and it's easy to get lost and starve to death in it's vastness. There are very few nomads who actually live along it's borders.

Inspired culture(s): Much of the Middle East

Species

Humans

Adult: 16 / Life expectancy: 80 - 120 years

5'0 - 6 '0 height range

Main languages: Abrish ~/~ Soengan

The most abundant and flexible species.

Elves

(High elf, Mountain Elf)

Adult: 20 / Life expectancy: 200 years

High elf~ 5'5-6'5 height average

Mountain elf~ 5'2-6'1 height range

Main language: Alear

The most reclusive species.

Dwarves

Adult: 20 / Life expectancy: 180 years

3'8-4'6 height range

Main languages: Dwarven, Abrish

Short and stocky humanoids that originated from a Southern isle that is now gone. Their numbers have grown greatly since their pilgrimage.

Wulvar

Adult: 18 / Life expectancy: 60-90 years

6'3-6'9 height range

Main language: Abrish

The beast-men. They aren't very large in number.

Halflings

Adult: 20 / Life expectancy: 130 years

4'3-5'0 height range

Main languages: Abrish ~/~ Soengan, Dwarven

The offspring of humans and dwarves. Their numbers aren't great.

Orcs

Adult: 16 / Life expectancy: 60-80 years

5'6-6'0 height range

Secondary language: Gridha

The origin of Orcs, Goblins and Trolls is unknown. The three are commonly owned as slaves and used as cheap labor in Abron.

Goblins

Adult: 18 / Life expectancy: 70 years

2'11-3'3 height range

The origin of Orcs, Goblins and Trolls is unknown. The three are commonly owned as slaves and used as cheap labor in Abron.

Trolls

Adult: 18 / Life expectancy: 40-70 years

7' height average

Fae

Adult: 20 / Life expectancy: 300 years

5'5 - 5'11 height range

Main language: Sylloan

A race of asexual creatures resembling females. They are very magical and are the only species that can fly using magic.

Centaurs

Adult: 20 / Life expectancy: 300 years

6'9-7'6 height range

Main language: Tilit

Half human, half horse. They are small in number.

Nymphs

Adult: 18 / Life expectancy: 200 years

5'5-5'10 height range

Nymphs are small in number and rarely seen outside of Pinemor due to their importance to the foresty kingdom.

Naiads

Adult: 18 / Life expectancy: 250 years

4'0-5'0 height range

Naiads are water dwellers and small in number, but more abundant than nymphs and centaur. While they live primarily in Pinemor, there are some that live in the sea.

Cambion

adult: 16 / Life expectancy: 80-200 years

5'0-6'0 average

Main languages: Abrish ~/~ Soengan

Secondary language: Demonic

Cambion are the offspring of humans and demons. They are very rare and few are known to reach their adult years. They tend to be very evil or very benevolent. Sanyi is the second known Cambion to rise to significant power.

Unplayable

Dragons(very few are known to exist)

Drakes(the smaller, less intelligent and magically endowed cousins of the dragons)

Naga(the less human cousins to Naiads)

Ogres(came roughly at the same time of the orcs, trolls and goblins)

Chimeras

Gargoyles

Griffins

Gnolls

Gulon(a creature similar to griffin in the fact they're a combination of animals)

Minotaur

Sylphs(similar to Naiads, but they live in the clouds and are thus hardly ever seen by people who live on land)

Imps

Ghouls

Spirits

These are only tiny summaries and not completed information. There would be a great more detail put into the descriptions. So... I hope someone's interested >.<.

Last edited by a moderator:
I might be interested in joining in on this if you go through with it. I always thought the offspring of a demon and a human was called a 'Cambion' though, not a 'Cambrion'? Unless the spelling was one of the tweaks you made. xD

Sevenfold said:
I might be interested in joining in on this if you go through with it. I always thought the offspring of a demon and a human was called a 'Cambion' though, not a 'Cambrion'? Unless the spelling was one of the tweaks you made. xD
Nope, you're right. That was a total fail on my part xD . I misread it once, I misread it forever. And I intend to. The only real issue I'm having is a plot for the story to be centered around. Otherwise, the lore on the countries and the races is just kind of flowing through me right now.

edit: I didn't even keep one steady spelling of that. "cambrion" "canbrion"

Hahah, I think I've done that a few times before with words, or well, their pronunciations. I pronounced them wrong in my head once and it stuck. xD

I'll probably decide whether or not I'll take part in this roleplay after/if you come up with some sort of plot. I've never done a proper group roleplay though, so I'm not sure how good at it I'll be. :P

It's one of my better talents. For the longest time, I always spelt definitely as definitly. I'm a bit dyslexic, so that certainly doesn't help.

It's fine if you end up not joining. Just nice to see you took an interest is all. I'm probably going to make the thread in the next few days and have it set up in a more convenient way that makes it look less like walls of text that the setup here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back