• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern HH!~ - IC Thread

Cosmos

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧crying over fictional lesbians (╥︣﹏᷅╥)
- DO NOT post until I have first please and thank ya!~ :3 -
6410716802723d039a8a7703d3574ddf.gif

Ari awoke in the bed just like every day, the clean white room and soft linen covers on her body, the smell of fresh toast and people talking down the hallway pricking her senses to life as her eyes opened wide, looking around for a moment with a blank, sleepy expression before giving a stretch and yawn, hopping out off the mattress and onto the floor, smiling and humming as she began to get dressed for the day.

Normally it was her custom uniform she begged to get made, but today was too hot for that…. Maybe~ a dress?- Yeah! she hardly ever wore a dress, she'd look really pretty for everyone she bet! putting on the white garment with small blue frills on the hem and edges she gave a spin before nodding in encouragement to herself in the mirror.

"This is the day I make real friends! I swear, I'm not gonna forget em'!~" she let out with a cheerful wide grin, a nurse walking by saw the female and chuckled, "Morning Ari! Breakfasts a little late today, why don't you go play in the courtyard while you wait, okay?" she let out in a soft musing.

Ari nodded, she knew that lady, it was on the tip of her tongue- Cherry? Cherl…. Oh, Cheryl! "Thanks!~" she giggled, going out into the hallway, of course forgetting her shoes and ending up barefoot with bedhead still present if for nothing more than over excitement for the new day like that of a toddler's first day of class, she just felt like it was gonna be good.

Running past the rooms in the corridor she burst out the doors with loud laughter, spinning around a few times before falling on the grass, feeling the soft green tendrils against her legs and arms was sooooo good! It really was a beautiful day, looking up at the sky there was barely a cloud, the temperature was pretty nice considering it was only 6:30 as well, the sun had just risen and everything looked almost magical in the hospitals decent sized garden zone. She smirked widely, yes, today was going to be great!

tumblr_oqha1goE5s1t6limbo1_540.gif

________

(Not my best but I quite like it for an opener, especially as it was written at almost 4am haha, everyone feel free to respond!! She's open for interaction and you very likely know her even if she doesn't know you haha)

Last edited:
Jeanie
A small amount of sunlight glistened through jeanie’s curtains. Seeing as how she wouldn’t need her head lamp on anymore, Jeanie turned it off and fully withdrew her curtains. The morning sun made its finally journey into her room to light everything up.
Today will be a good day. I can feel it.

Jeanie had woken earlier her morning, around 6 & couldn’t go back to end. The only things to do that were quiet was to either read or go back to sleep. Seeing how the second option wasn’t available, she read a book. It was the second installment of the Jurassic Park series from way back when. Even though it was a silly ordeal, the book was entertaining.

Jeanie’s attire changed quickly from her loose fitting shirts and pajama shorts into her long flowing robe, shirt and jeans; shoes would be thrown on when needed.
Life wasn’t too bad here: she was taken care of and looked after, with plenty of people to take care of and attend to.

Taking a deep breathe, Jeanie headed out to he courtyard. With her bare feet, the morning greeted her own its dew and a pleasant breeze. She saw a small form of the younger of the group. What was her name again? Hmmmm.... Jeanie folded her arms and thought for a moment before remembering: Ari that’s her name.
Jeanie gave a pleasant wave to the girl.
It truly broke her heart to see someone inflicted with such a terrible illness. To forget the day and have to start over was a terrible thing in her eye. Cosmos Cosmos

Darren woke with a start, with the sunlight creeping through the window next to his bed being the first thing to greet him from his night of anxious sleeping. Of course, as he began to stir about and sit up in his bed, he was greeted by his constant companion of the pain in his right arm. Pins and needles jabbed him over and over again up and down his appendage, with every movement bringing more and more stabs from the invisible knife. Grunting to himself, he figured it was time to get up and go see the medical instructor he’d been introduced to the night before. Himself and Daniel had arrived late the previous night, due to a delayed transit to the isolated medical center. So they hadn’t quite been able to meet any of the other people here, save for some of the personnel going about their business. Afterwhich Darren and Daniel had been taken to their room and left to unpack and rest for the night.

Speaking of which...

Darren, looked over to see his brother still passed out in the twin bed on the opposite side of the room.

“Oi, Daniel.”

There was no response, which prompted Darren to growl a little bit and scoop up one of his shoes from the side of his bed. Taking a few mock throws, he planned his trajectory before lightly tossing the shoe at his brother. Not with enough force to hurt him, but it would be enough to tap him on the head and hopefully wake him up.

“Dude! Are you awake now? I think it’s time we get going.” Darren then slipped out of his bed, and stood to began stripping off his pajamas. “My arm hurts a good bit, so I’m gonna go ahead and get the therapy taken care of. You can tag along if you’d like. Then I figured we could go get breakfast and start meeting the other people in our block.”

That said, Darren quickly got into his drawer and pulled out a pair of grey shorts and a dark green V-neck shirt that fit a little snug against his athletic build. One pair of socks and his favorite high top Converse later, he was dressed and ready for the first day.

“So, shall we go?”
Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal

Daniel slept peacefully even though it was rough trying to get a good nights sleep in a new place. For him being somewhere unfamiliar and resting wasn’t two things that really mixed, at most he probably got 3 or 4 hours of sleep. He spent that time alone with his thoughts since his brother had fallen asleep so quickly…stuck with the other voices in his head, he was used to them by now, well used to the good ones anyway. They would talk all night about what was to come, what to expect, if they would even feel welcome here due to the lack of males in the first place, he slept on these thoughts and even dreamt about back home…before everything turned a mess, what he used to have. Who he used to describe as his friends and his girlfriend, all of it before in his dream a giant shoe was getting ready to stomp on him! Wait whaaa?! Daniel woke up confused and a bit frightened at the sudden hit of the shoe and jumped up as it smacked his face.

“Uggghhh Waahhhh! Bro really? You couldn’t just come over and tap me? You are literally right there!” He was upset for the moment but couldn’t help but chuckle at his brother's efforts. With that Dee stretched and just like his brother he too got a change of clothes on putting on his Nike shorts, a green tee-shirt covered by a grey hoodie ending with his Nike Air Forces. “Ya I’ll go with you, I need to get my shot anyway otherwise I’ll freeze up and stiffen again…not an experience I want any time soon.” Breakfast did sound nicer than that, however. “Ya we can get breakfast after, I hope we are accepted here…you know how I get around people nowadays...honestly I’m pretty nervous.” He explained and began to lead the way to the therapy room which wasn’t too far down the hall. As he leads the way he could see through the window two females, one seemed very childlike based on her behavior and the other seemed like the wiser of the two. “Guess we will be meeting them after huh? They seem pretty cute honestly.” He decided to smile and wave at them before the two brothers arrived at the Therapy Session where a nurse greeted them and got them started.

Interacting: Siren77 Siren77
Mentioned/Interacted in some way: Cosmos Cosmos _Exodus_ _Exodus_

The sky was flushed with a light shade of pink when the nurse helped Juno out of her bath and began to apply new bandages.

Of all the nurses, Mrs. Cho was definitely her favourite. She was a short, tidy woman with short, black hair that had only the smallest hint of silver on the fringes. The woman had such a warm smile, complemented by the crow's feet around her chocolate eyes, and always smelled like some oriental spice Juno could never name. Her aged fingers were always gentle when she wrapped the bandages, but perhaps what she loved most about Nurse Cho was that she sang while she worked.

Although Juno could hardly understand a word of it, since it was sung in Mandarin, it always invoked a quiet air of comfort. There was just something about Mrs. Cho's voice. It was like a rose pressed between the pages of a book, dry with a time-faded lustre, but no matter how many years went by it never seemed to lose its sweetness. Juno could listen to it all day, which was helpful considering her baths and changing of bandages sometimes took several painful hours to complete. Still, with Mrs. Cho around it wasn't too bad.

By the time she was finished the sun was peeking through the drawn curtains, painting the space between them in a line of bright gold. From where she sat, Juno could feel the subtle heat wafting off of it. The day was shaping up to be a warm, sunny one. Maybe she would go out in the evening and enjoy some of the warmth before night fell. She could ask Azalea too, and if they were lucky they could catch some shooting stars before curfew. One of the nurses had mentioned that this time of year was the best time to watch the annual meteor shower.

"All done." Mrs. Cho said at last, getting up and stretching her back. "Now, finger stretches."

Juno stood still as the nurse carefully fitted the hospital gown over her and tied up the back. "It still hurts. Even with the new gel."

"Pain is better than no fingers. More stretches~!" Cho chided with a light wag of a finger before opening the door and waving her out, "And breakfast! Don't forget the tea, either. It is very good, used by my own wàipó. Brings long life and less pain!" She gave Juna the small silken bag and bid her farewell with a bright smile.

Juno sighed through her nose with a small smile and began flexing her fingers as she walked down the hallway, wincing at the steady throb around her joints. Several staff members greeted her, mostly the ones who worked with the other girls in her unit, while others were silent or offered a polite smile. All were sure to give her a wide berth, though.

She turned the corner of her usual route to the cafeteria and stopped in front of a door covered in stickers and multicoloured scribbles of hearts, stars and other half-washed-off drawings in marker. The door was closed, but she couldn't knock on the door without tearing her knuckles. Thankfully, a 'doorbell' had been installed for moments like this. The nurses also agreed that it was a great way to get the girl up in the mornings.

Juno clicked the button and waited, absentmindedly playing with the corner of her arm wrappings.

seasonedcat seasonedcat seasonedcat seasonedcat seasonedcat seasonedcat

Azalea stuck her tongue out and crossed her arms at the nurse before her. The nurse let out an annoyed sigh as she held the needle in her hands, "Azalea stop this, you need to take your shot and your pills for this morning. Why do you do this, you know you have to?!" the nurses that worked with her often had to deal with her endless annoyances and jokes to the point where it was almost hard to keep their cool with her. Azalea giggled at the woman's annoyance, it was so much fun to poke fun at them even if she didn't really care all that much about taking her pills or getting her shot, it just made things more interesting in this boring place.

"Come on now Emily, you know I'm just joking around with you. How about we talk about your son, he's 3 now? or 4 was it?" Emily sighed "He's 8." Azalea looked at her with wide eyes for a brief second before she chuckled, "Where does the time go~" Emily rolled her eyes before pointing at the needle, "Can you just take the needle and stop making this so hard, stop avoiding the subject." Azalea let out a bored sigh, it was so much easier to get Heaven talking about her family for hours than it's ever been to get Emily to stop doing something other than her job, she was always so serious. Even her face was boring. Her hair was brown and perfectly straight and her eyes were a dull green. She wore thin glasses pushed up on her nose and never wore any makeup. It was just so basic it made Azalea mad. She could only ever get the nurse annoyed, and has yet to get any other result. She was just so focused on her work.

Tossing her hair with her hand Azalea sighed again, "Finnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnne! I'll do it, but only for you Em!~" the nurse rolled her eyes before extending her hand out waiting for Azalea to give her her arm. Azalea shuffled over and gave the woman her arm. After the few shots of what she needed than the pills with some strawberry juice, the only thing Azalea would take her pills with, Azalea was done with her medication for the morning. The woman put the small square gauze over the area before turning to put her stuff away. Azalea watched her work, the same routine got boring when she had to do it every day.

"Hey Em, why are you so borrrrring all the time? Why no have a little fun?~" Azalea exclaimed happily as she waited for the woman's reply. Emily looked up at her for a moment before continuing her work, "I am working Azalea, I can not joke around like you do all the time, I must be responsible." Azalea let out a loud sigh, even Emily's responses were boring. She flopped down on her bed and looked up at the ceiling not knowing what else to do when suddenly her doorbell chimed.

Azalea jumped up excitedly, startling Emily, and rushed over to the door. A wide smile was plastered on her face, the only person who ever really used that was her best friend Juno, which means the other girl was up and ready to do something today. She happily opened the door and faced her friend, the sleeves on her zippered hoodie still pushed up on one side from the needle, and the zippers open revealing a bright pink T that had some rips in it and had some bad pun on it. Her legs were covered in a pair of shorts that looked worn yet comfortable, her feet bare. "Hey June bug! Good to see your up, ready to do something?!"
Juju Juju

To say that Allura got some sleep would be a complete lie. The parasomniac was notorious for jolting awake at odd times of the night or early morning. Her lack of sleep manifested in a multitude of forms. Somedays her soft pleas and gasps would ring out, her eyes awake but unseeing. Other days, she'd jolt up, a scream bubbling on her lips. Today was one of the quieter days. She had gotten up around 1 in the morning after only two hours of precious sleep, silent tears running down her face. She had managed to quietly wipe the saline off, before swinging her legs over. Of course, she didn't wander and walk around like a loose cannon--the nurses would blow a fuse if she ever tried to pull that stunt. Instead, she usually found a quiet corner and a book to read, her eyes devouring the pages until the sun had enough light gathered to aid her. Then she'd wander back to bed, lie between the covers and wait for the nurse to wake her up.

The routine was the same everytime.

"Did you have a good night's rest, Allura?" Nurse Janah's eyes were so wide and hopeful, but Allura could never manage to fully lie to the woman.

"Not quite, ma'am." Was always the standard response. And then she'd be off to therapy.

Her therapy sessions were less about her actual physical pain and more about the night terrors that were so heavily inflicted upon her. She largely suspected the therapist enjoyed her sessions, considering that Allura simply sat there, refusing to talk about anything that was happening to her, and the other doctor could take a nap. Don't get her wrong, Dr.Lawson was very helpful and had made groundbreaking steps to make Allura open up, but aside from simple pleasantries, Allura refused to get into the things that had captivated her throughout her childhood. Dressed in a simple turtleneck and jeans despite the sunny weather, Allura stepped out of therapy, her blond hair pinned up in a chignon.

She noticed that two boys were entering the same time she was slipping out. She glanced upwards, not having seen them before, and gave them a small smile of welcome before stepping past. She needed to go to the cafeteria and have a lovely date with her caffeine. She made her way to the cafeteria and sank down, her head pressing against the cool surface of the table. Give her a second--she needed to catch her breath.

tags: Siren77 Siren77 Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal
mentions/ interactions: the boys (in passing)

“Yeah they do.”

Darren muttered somewhat mindlessly as they passed one of said cute subjects in the doorway heading into the medical lounge, his eyes tracking her all the while. Returning the smile to her, he nudged Daniel once she passed as the entered the room.

“Today might be a good day to break out of your shell there man, nothing but beautiful girls as far as the eye can see in this place. Well them, and whatever medical nuts are around. But we only need to see them every once in a while.”

Once the two boys stepped up to the front desk, and after presenting their new Identifications she directed them to their two different rooms for treatments.

“Well looks like this is where we part ways for now. I’ll meet you down at the cafeteria, and I’ll save you a seat. Try not to hog all the women while I’m waiting for you.”

With a smirk, the redhead then headed to the room the receptionist had pointed out for him to head to and stepped inside. Therein sat his assigned doctor, my the name of Kent Gillins. He was a rather plump man with a big round nose, an extremely receded hairline colored a lightened brown, and a surprisingly well kept mustache. Darren already like him.

“Right there Mr. Mors. How are you feeling this morning? Did you have a good first nights rest?”

“I slept well thanks, and I’m feeling good so far. The pain was a little much this morning, but it’s nothing extreme compared to what I’ve felt before.”

“I see. Well, let’s get you hooked up and I’ll give you your first prescription of Anti Viral meds. Then we can send you on your way to breakfast.”

“Perfect!”

Darren then hopped on top of the medical bed and sat patiently while Dr. Gillins began hooked up the many small nodes that were pierced into his arm, shoulder, and hand at specific locations. There was a total of about a hundred different wires set up before the bald doctor approached the electric hub the wires were all attached to and began twisting a knob.

“Let me know when it’s too much.”

Darren took a deep breath and let the electricity begin to slowly flow through his arm. Gritting his teeth, he let the intensity grow more and more until it was nothing short of unbearable. But the higher the intensity the longer the pain would be subsided. Finally it became too much and Darren spoke up.

“That’s good there. Don’t go any higher.”

“Right,” Doctor Gillins stepped away from the machine and turned to Darren “Well I’ll leave you here to fry, feel free to relax on the bed. I’ll be back to get you shortly.”

“Thanks.”

The Doctor left, and Darren let himself relax and take a few deep breaths as the pain of the vibrant electricity coursed through his arm.

“Well, this sucks.”
Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal thirteen thirteen

Darren agreed and with great timing came a rather attractive girl who just came out of the therapy room, she gave them a small smile and Danielle couldn’t stop staring in awe…so far all these girls were amazing…at least with looks, he hoped their personalities were good as well. Daniel made his way into therapy and nodded at his brother also giving him a slight wave off. “Ya see ya at the cafeteria.” Daniel knew he would be the one to make it before his brother since his treatments were a lot simpler compared to his, as he walked into the office a pretty young compared to the other nurses blonde was there waiting for him and gave him a sweet smile.

This place is heaven he thought to himself and the woman had seemed to be trying to get his attention for some time as he blanked out thinking about it, she waved her hand in his face “Mr. Mors…Mr. Mors, are you feeling okay?” He finally blinked and looked at her. “Uhh..ya sorry, just kinda blown away by ya know everything…a lot of uhh great looks here.” He explained and the nurse-managed a chuckle. “Well I’m sure those girls would like to meet you and find out if you are a fine piece of candy yourself.” he had a surprised expression. “How did y-“ She cut him off. “It isn’t hard to see when a boy has been looking in certain areas Mr. Mors, though I don’t mind you staring, I wouldn’t let the other girls see that you get so easily distracted, now shall we proceed?” His face turned red and he stayed looking away from the blonde nurse as she just shook her head laughing to herself as she grabbed a few pills and went to strap him into a body holding machine. As she turned it on it scanned him detecting his temperature and all of a sudden needles appeared all around his body with different forms of color in each vile casing of the syringe. This was the same as always…just a bit more advanced this time, advanced things don’t hurt, right? Just as he thought that a sudden pain struck in which he grit his teeth, it felt lie he was burning on the inside, the pain increasingly got worse and he could feel as the molecules trickled through his body like a bunch of worms digging ing through his skin. He couldn’t help but yell out in agony but it was soon over and the machine concealed his sound muting him from the other patients around so that it wouldn’t cause any panic or disturbance.

As he was done the chamber opened back up revealing Daniel who was sweating immensely before a relaxed expression came on his face, he felt a lot better. “Here you go Mr. Mors, Take these before you sleep and one in the morning for the week and you should be fine, if anything is to happen and you aren’t feeling too hot come on back and we will give you a different set of pills to try.” he nodded but couldn’t help but grin. “Ms. Did you just make a pun?” She only gave him a sweet smile and let him be on his way. The boy took the pill and felt he was at a stable temperature, he stretched and made his way over to the cafeteria, on the way he couldn’t stop thinking about that girl who passed by earlier. She seemed normal, why was she here? Then again he seemed normal…he wanted to talk to her, maybe Darren was right and this was his chance at starting over and becoming a lot happier. “Heh…don’t steal the women he says…no woman is interested in me little bro.” he whispered to himself as he caught his eye on the girl from before, he needed to sit with her if he wanted to get to know her. He grabbed the breakfast that was there for them, it was so many choices and more like a buffet. Daniel grabbed some french toast topped with strawberries with strawberry filling in the middle and over-easy eggs on the side with bacon, wow this place really was heaven…maybe he died already, well might swell go talk to that angel sitting by her lonesome.

Dee walked over still a bit nervous but manning up to the situation, he had done this once before for his now ex…he could do it again right. He sat down across from her and began to make small talk. “Uhh…hey, it’s me that guy you saw earlier who attempted to give you a cute smile…remember me?” You are so stupid Daniel. “Well…I’m Daniel, but feel free to call me Dee, Dan, or anything of the sort…what's your name? And…sorry if I seem a bit awkward I just…you really caught my eye and I guess I’m just nervous…” He admitted and sipped some of his orange juice and diverted his eyes a moment before looking back into hers again. “You…have really nice eyes by the way.” Man, now he was probably coming off as desperate and he just began talking to the damn girl, welp prepare to crash and burn Daniel.

Interacting: Siren77 Siren77 thirteen thirteen

Ari continued to lay on the ground enjoying chuckling to herself and rolling about when she spotted someone else approach, as the other waved she smiled widely, did she know her? she…. kinda felt familiar, the doctor said to focus on things that seem familiar, so this should be good! Jumping up, white dress now lightly grass stained along with her hands she went over with a wide smile, "Hi, I'm Ari, It's nice to meet ya! Oh- uh, even if we've met before, s-sorry i don't remember that kinda stuff but- but I'd like to be friends!!" she blurted out with a slightly embarrassed blush, hand stretched out and giggling, she was so excited at the idea of making a friend, even if she knew friends took more time than this, that they were meant to do things together and make memories…. Agreeing to be them was a start, right? yeah!

Spotting two unusual faces- well, not that it was odd for her, more so MORE unusual than normal by her brains lack of feeling anything towards such, she stared blankly, were those- boys!? She'd never seen a boy before! Well, he dad was technically a boy, wait- had there always been boys here? What even really wassss a boy? Argh! She couldn't get into all this confusing stuff now, she had to focus on this girl, her new friend.
______

Mentioned/Interacting: Siren77 Siren77 Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal _Exodus_ _Exodus_

Jeanie
Jeanie smiles at the girls enthusiasm.
“My name is Jean, but I prefer to go by Jeanie. It’s a pleasure to meet you. And yes we can be friends,” she introduced in a quiet voice.
Even though she could have been louder, she didn’t want to be or make a scene for that matter.

Watching the girl’s eyes trail off, Jeanie looked behind her to see two men walk away.
Odd must be new doctors or something; there hasn’t ever been a male patient here.
Jeanie turned back around and looked Ari in the eye.
“Shall we get some breakfast?” Jeanie asked making the first move of friendship.
Cosmos Cosmos Siren77 Siren77 Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal

She had been about to muster enough courage to get up and actually go get some coffee for herself, when she felt a presence at her table. Her head jolted upwards and her eyes filled with alarm, but she relaxed when she noted that it was one of the boys from before that she had seen while coming out of therapy. Dear lord, she was worried that a nurse had seen her position and wanted to check on her. The last thing she needed was more attention from nurses, Janah spoiled her enough.

Oh! She remembered now, she had smiled at him. The same smile came to her lips, and she nodded at him reassuringly to set him at ease. Oh dear, she knew she could be intimidating, but Daniel seemed to be quite shy talking to her. She didn't mind it at all, and rather found his mannarisms to be endearing. She had read in one of her novels that boys who are a bit nervous when talking to you are the real deal.

"Hi, Daniel. I'm Allura. You can come up with a nickname for me if I can call you Dani." she said quietly, her smile never leaving her lips. "There's no need to be awkward. I know I'm a bit....intimidating, but I swear I won't bite." She said, a playful tinge to her words.

Pink dusted across her cheeks as she ducked her head, blushing furiously at his compliment. "Thank you--" She murmured. "You have exquisite eyes as well." She said, catching his eyes for a moment. "Would you give me a second?" She asked, quickly standing up. She quickly went to the spread of breakfast, and returned with a simple cup of coffee, sinking down right next to him. Allura was a holistic coffee person: she didn't mind taking it black, and she didn't mind creamer or sugar either. Today was a sweeter kind of day, so she stirred in a few packets of sugar and creamer, and that would be it.

"There. Now I can keep you company while you eat, and we don't have to yell across the table at each other." She said, an obvious overexaggeration, but the sparkle in her eyes was a clear tell. "So, why are you here?" She asked quietly. "Am I correct in assuming that the other boy I saw is your brother?" She asked with a tilt of her head. She hadn't ever seen boys there before, and while she quietly wanted to bring up that observation, she didn't want to make the other uncomfortable.

tags: Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal
interactions: Daniel

Juno felt herself smile at Azalea's bright greeting. "Yes, I'm ready! Oh, and I don't have any more treatments scheduled for today, so I don't have to disappear for half the day this time."

She looked at the pastel colours of Azalea's outfit, eyeing the tears in the shirt. The nurses had told her to get rid of it ages ago, but Azalea was steadfast in her holding onto it, something that Juno suspected was partly just to cause some trouble, which the girl often did. In a way, the more the nurses tried to get rid of the shirt the more value it had to Azalea. Eventually, the nurses had just given up just as they had done with the heavy graffiti on her door. Juno never knew if she should congratulate Azalea on her rebellious creativity or smack her across the head for putting so much stress on her poor nurses.

In a way, she wished she was a little more like Azalea. Not being a troublemaker, but...just not being afraid to do what you wanted to do. Not to mention the outfit choices. Juno's own wardrobe was severely limited to what could fit over her bandages without causing friction, not to mention the risk of ruining good fabric with blood. In the end, a typical hospital gown was the most practical option, though a rather bland one in comparison to her friend's bright get-up

"Oh, but aren't you hungry Zal? Why don't we get some breakfast first?" she said, tilting her head to the side slightly. "We can think of things to do while we eat."

She paused, looking down at her hands. "Hey Azalea, I do have an idea... I don't know if it's good one or not but..." she hummed a bit thoughtfully before continuing, "Do you think they will let you go outside for a little bit before bed? There's supposed to be a meteor shower tonight, and I think it would be great to watch. I mean... if you want to of course."

seasonedcat seasonedcat

Daniel was surprised at her voice, it was a nice voice and she didn’t act like how he expected her to, the girl was actually pretty nice, she seemed like the pretty but like an ‘I will break your arm if you come near me’ type of girl, he was glad he was wrong…or maybe he wasn’t and she just thought she would give him a chance as a newcomer. The boy gave her a sweet smile trying his best to die down his nervousness of being around her. “Allura…well you sure are alluring…that was dumb…uhhh I’ll call you Ali then, Dani and Ali.” He said as if it rolled off the tongue. “Oh. I-I was not at all intimidated by you…okay maybe a little, I was pretty sure you would try to kick my ass for talking to you but ya only live once so breaking alone just to get closer to you wouldn’t have been too bad.” He explained.

As she began to blush he could tell he finally managed to say something correctly. “Well not only your eyes are beautiful but the rest of you too…I really didn’t think you would allow me to talk to you.” Daniel fluttered his eyes jokingly. “Oh really? You think so? Heh, I’m just joking…thats for the compliment…” And with that, she asked for him to give her a second…great you definitely fucked up Daniel, now she thinks you are some weirdo and is gonna tell all the other girls about how stupid you are and she won’t even come b-….oh wait here she is…His face became a slight red to the rest of his complexion, she was…closer to him, he avoided it because well he didn’t want to invade her space and didn’t want to freeze up from how nervous he usually got. The distance they had now caused his voice to get a bit lower.

“Why we are here? The same reason you all are right? To get better…or to figure out what is wrong with us exactly I guess and hope we can live normal lives again, then again to some extent it seems like this facility has done a great job at making most things feel more normal. But if you mean my specific reason…I have a sickness that makes my body temperature go below zero giving me frostbite in certain areas if I don’t warm up somehow but I’m good for the rest of the day, possibly the rest of the week too. And ya his name is Darren, my younger brother, he’s still in therapy I believe.” He finished and wondered how much longer his brother was gonna take but he could kinda feel the butterflies in his stomach dissipating. “What about you, why are you here? And how is it here?” He asked her curiously.

Interacting: thirteen thirteen
Mentioned: Siren77 Siren77

Allura's eyes crinkled around the edges as she smiled at him and shook her head. "Alluring, huh? Nice play on my name--most forget that that could be made. As for Ali--I love it. Ali and Dani. I mean, ordinarily I would, but everyone needs some kind of company. And you seem sweet." She murmured quietly to him. It was very true, she was the type of girl who didn't quite deal with bullshit or any type of that nonsense, but she was fair and gave everyone a fair hearing. She'd treat him no differently.

"You're flattering me too much." She said with a shake of her head, but the way her lips curled up into a grin said otherwise. "You're being too kind, you don't have to." It was clear that she wasn't believing the way he praised her so openly--she knew quite well that her outfit was deceiving and that he didn't see the entirety of her. He'd definitely run if he did. Her burns were ugly, spiraling up the column of her throat. As if she was thinking about it, she tugged the top collar of her turtleneck upwards, covering her neck subconsciously. "Please, I'm not that scary. I promise that I won't bite your head off." She gave him a reassuring smile as she took a few sips of the liquid.

Her mouth tasting like the slight bitter aftertaste of coffee, she answered the question he posed to her with a noncomittal shrug. What else was she supposed to say? She wasn't quite sure. "I'm here for a few wounds and my parasomnia." She murmured vaguely. There, she wasn't lying. She did have the burns around her throat and her entire immune system and cell count was a wound, but it was a dangerous overexaggeration. Maybe she'd tell him what had truly happened a bit later, it was no place for her to say it right now when they had barely met one another. Her parasomnia was something that she was comfortable speaking about, considering that you weren't an inhabitant of the hospital if you didn't know about it. Her screams used to be music during the late nights when she was a bit younger and had no tamper over her emotions.

"Are you okay right now? Are you feeling cold?" She asked, a bit worried. "Did you just come back from the treatment? Sorry for the assault of questions." She said sheepishly as she rubbed the back of her neck.

tags: Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal
interactions: Daniel

Ari's smile widened substantially with genuine amazement as the girl agreed to be friends, hands reaching out she grabbed the others and jumped up and down on the spot once, "Really!?" she stuttered out in a high pitched eep. At the question of breakfast she nodded quickly, "Right! Cheryl said I needed to eat! I totally forgot~" she giggled, the ironic statement not seeming to phase the girls enthusiasm.

Going off together the short walk towards the cafeteria the younger of the pairs gaze kept flickering down to the others hand and her own, were friends meant to hold hands? That didn't seem quite right…. She needed to do more research! After all, she always remembered - most - of books. Arriving she spotted one of the boys from earlier sitting with yet another vaguely 'familiar' feelings girl.

Stepping forwards she lightly chewed her lip stuck between the choice of food or going to the pair, the smell of cinnamon buns filled her nose practically making her want to drool, boy was she glad she remembered food. Going over she dashed to the counter, grabbing two of the still warm treats before doing over to the table at a more semi-regular pace.

Approaching she slowed ever more with a light blush forming on her cheeks, wonder filled deep blue eyes staring at the pair with jaw slightly ajar before she worked up the courage to take a seat, albeit without asking first. placing down her snack, waving over for Jeanie to come before facing them and taking in a short breath, "Will…." she began quietly, "W-Will you two be my friends too please!?" she let out a little louder than needed, shoulders tensed up and eyes closed, too nervous to open them back up.
______

Mentioned/Interacting: _Exodus_ _Exodus_ Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal thirteen thirteen

Seraphina yawned and sat up in bed with a large stretch. It was just at the crack of dawn and the sun peeked through the curtains. Her favourite times of day were sunset and sunrise, the time when she could see the multitude of orange, pink and red hues painting the sky with their brilliance. That was more than she could say for herself as she rubbed the scale-like growths that covered her forearms and face like moss may cover a tree. She stood up and opened the curtains so she could watch peacefully as a slim lady entered the room with a tray of medical equipment and ointments. "Good morning, Young Lady. Up early as always." The woman set the tray down next to Sera and smiled. "Did you sleep well?" Sera nodded in response. "Do you think I'll ever be as lovely as the sky at dawn, Amelia?" She glanced at the brown haired nurse who had set to rubbing ointment on the scales on her arms and trimming any excessive growth. "And what makes you say that you aren't already that lovely?" She wrapped the scales in bandages and set to work on the smaller patches on Sera's cheeks. "These growths are unsightly as moldy bread. How could I not think otherwise?" The woman looked at her with furrowed brows. "I think they look splendid and unique. Not many people have the mutation you do and just look at the lovely hue; sky blue. How could you not be beautiful?" She shook her head and sighed. "People think I'm a freak." Amelia ran a hand through her patient's lighter brown hair. "Well I think you're special and unique and gorgeous." Sera lifted her shirt so the nurse could take care of the remaining scales on her stomach and legs. "Anyways, that's enough of that poppycock from you, Young Lady. You need to learn to respect yourself more you're a wonderful girl but in the meanwhile perhaps you should try interacting with some of the other patients. That might make you feel better, hmm?" She set all the equipment back on the tray. "You know how it goes already but the bandages come off in two hours, no sooner and no longer. Go to the cafeteria and grab some breakfast. Ophelia will see to you again later tonight." She walked to the door and left her to her thoughts. Sera's stomach growled quietly. Breakfast couldn't hurt. She pulled on a black tank top and brown cardigan then set to putting on her black trackpants and lacing up her favourite purple sneakers. Her shoulder length hair was now pulled into a ponytail and a timer had been set on her wristwatch for 2 hours.

Moments later she was walking towards the cafeteria doors where a small group had formed on the opposite side. She grabbed her meal of toast with peanut butter and strawberry jelly and a small coffee mug with two creamsand 2 sugars- nothing could beat a classic double double- and sat down at a table parked a short ways from the rest of the group.

Soma Soma
thirteen thirteen

“Hmm odd, I feel it would have been quite obvious but then again people probably don’t have time to think about those types of things anymore.” He shrugged. “I’m glad you like it, I feel like it makes a great uhhh couple name? Umm…never mind that I went too far haha…I was joking clearly.” No, he wasn’t. “That's nice, I’m glad you gave me the chance…either way though its an honor meeting a beautiful girl like you, especially with times being tough like these you are breathtaking…talking too you even makes me feel a bit better…even if it’s just slightly.” He chuckled nervously again.

He noticed her cover her neck and it caused him to raise a brow, she was hiding something but then again so was the…he didn’t want anyone to know about his personalities and thankfully they hadn’t come out yet. “I don’t think it’s too much but if you say so I’ll stop.” Daniel ate a bit of his Stuffed French Toast and gave an orgasmic expression s if exaggerating the taste of the food but it was amazing though. “Oh, wounds? guess that's why you are trying to use the turtle neck to cover whatever it is? Or is it a small wound? And parasomnia…doesn’t that relate to like uhh…arousing yourself in your sleep or something? Wow, you must really trust me if you are that open about that.” he explained.

She was worried about him? “Hmm no I’m fine for now, the meds they gave me should last me the week, but the disease is kinda why I have no arm so it be pretty dangerous. And ya I just came back, it isn’t very long now since I had most of last year to do treatments so, for the most part, it is more controllable than before but…episodes do happen where uhhh my body will get triggered by something and it will cause my body to freeze faster. And you are fine, no worries really, I have no problem sharing most things with you, just not all my secrets ya know? At least for now.” He explained and offered her a bite of his stuffed french toast. “Here you gotta try this it’s pretty amazing.” Without thinking, he offered the piece and plopped it in her mouth. “It’s pretty good right?…oh uhh…sorry…” He looked away, he just got so used to how he used to treat his ex…he got caught in the moment and a saddened expression appeared on the sweet boys face. That was when he jumped up completely caught off guard by the girl he saw earlier, she asked for him to be friends. “Uhh…ya sure, I don’t mind. I’m Daniel, nice to meet you.” He ended with as he noticed a girl eyeing him from the table next door and the redhead that was with this childlike girl was not too far behind. He whispered to Allura. “Umm hey Ali…wanna hang out alone later? I dunno maybe you can show me around?” He asked

Interacting: thirteen thirteen Cosmos Cosmos
Mentioned: Aquacapsak Aquacapsak _Exodus_ _Exodus_

Jeanie
Jeanie didn’t know what to say. New people. New ideas, new personalities all mixing together to create something new and potentially chaotic. All she managed to do was a simple wave then sit down next to them with some chicken nuggets; she usually didn’t have normal breakfast items for breakfast; they all were bland and lacked flavor.

Mustering up the courage to say something, she turns to Allura and the new guy.
“I’m Jeanie. It’s nice to meet you,” she introduced herself Before abruptly going back to eating her food.
It was one thing to be among terribly sick people and have a potential cure for every one of them, but another being basically a head taller than everyone.
Cosmos Cosmos Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal thirteen thirteen

Last edited:
The minutes flew by as the electric current attached to Darren’s arm continued to fully numb and prevent the spread. After a good while, the extreme pins and needles sensation was gone and Darren was left to relax for a short five minutes. After which Dr Gillins was to return with clipboard in hand, which prompted Darren’s eyes to open once more and greet the man with a grin.

“How are we feeling now Darren?”

“Better, a lot better. The arms entirely numb now, so I’d say I’m ready to start the day now.”

“Good, good.” The doctor scribbled some things down. “Sounds like you know what to expect from this treatment. Others have freaked out a tad bit over the numbing.” The clipboard was then set aside, “Well, let’s take a look at you now,”

While Darren lifted up his arm, the good doctor began unhooking the many nodes attached to his arm before hanging them up neatly on a sort of rack next to the amp hub. Once that was finished, Doctor Gillins then pulled out a special kind of UV light meant to analyze blood vessels and began looking over Darren’s arm.

“No fried or burst arteries or veins, which means I did my job right.”

“Are you surprised?”

“No no, it’s just reassuring to know that in my old age I haven’t forgotten how to do something as simple as this.”

“Oh come on, you aren’t that old! You could still get plenty of attention from some of coworkers!”

“Well I’m flattered young man but I don’t think my wife would appreciate that.”

“Ah... right... of course not. Heh.”

Gillins chuckled as he turned off the light and looked over the actual skin as well as the scarring on top.

“Well, as far as I can tell there’s no I’ll side effects to your treatment save for the fact that your Lichtenberg Figures are ever so slightly growing. This can be prevented if a lesser voltage is used, so don’t feel like you have to go so extreme with the amplitude.”

Darren shrugged his shoulders as the comment, “Higher Amps means a higher success rate right? May as well endure it if I want to beat this virus. Besides! I actually like the markings. It’s like winning a free T-shirt for beating a challenge! But instead of a t-shirt it’s a free sleeve of electric tattoos, and instead of a challenge is a life threatening disease.”

“You are unbearably optimistic, Mr Mors.”

“So I’m told.”

“Well, that’ll be all for now. Your viral medication will be delivered to your room this afternoon. You’ll be required to take it when you wake up, before you go to sleep, and during meals.”

Darren nodded his head, “Alright, thank you doctor.”

Gillins nodded before turning to write something more down on his clipboard. “Have a good day.”

“You too.”

With that said, Darren hopped off the table and exited the medical lounge before heading down the hall. As far as he was concerned, he had the whole day to himself, which gave him plenty ideas as to how he could spend his time. First stop though was the cafeteria so he could appease his grumbling stomach.

As the boy walked down the hall, he’d soon stumble across a pair of girls talking in the hallway. One of them was adorned in bandages, and the other looked relatively.... normal. Darren didn’t make any assumptions though, after all he was in a hospital full of a rare breed of people. Unfortunate souls with rare ailments that could destroy them in countless ways. There’s no telling what sort of problem she’d have.

Figuring it was a good time to try and make some new friends, Darren slowly approaches the two with an awkward wave.

“Uh excuse me, do the both do you think you might be able to help me out? I’m new here and I haven’t exactly got a good grasp on my surroundings yet.” It wasn’t a complete lie. While Darren had spent some of his night trying to memorize where everything was, he still did have some gaps in his knowledge. Though the cafeteria was actually something that he knew the location of. “Would you mind guiding me to the cafeteria? I was supposed to meet my brother there.”
Juju Juju seasonedcat seasonedcat

As she talked with Daniel, the coffee levels got dangerously low in her cup, and as she tilted her head back for the rest of the bitter liquid, she found herself immediately craving another cup. She choked slightly when he said that it would be a good couple name--what was he playing at?! It had been less than a few minutes from when they had met each other, and already the possibility of them being a couple came up. Not that she minded, of course, but still--a girl needed some warning.

"I like our names. I think it flows well together." She said simply, shooting a smile at him over the edge of her coffee cup.

She giggled when she heard his definition of parasomnia. "Arousing myself?! Not in that way, you pervert. It usually means that I can't have a continuous night of sleep because of some interruption. Sometimes it's night terrors, other times it's sleep paralysis. We use the term parasomnia to cover the multitude of ways that it can manifest." She hummed, clearly amused by his wrong definition. "As for my wounds...well, that will have to be a discussion for later when we're more comfortable with one another." She said smoothly, ignoring the fact that he had called her out for hiding her throat.

"You can let me know if you need something and if your illness acts up again. I don't mind helping you." Allura said sweetly, and happily opened her mouth for his offering of french toast. The sweet combination of starch and syrup burst on her tongue, and she nodded her approval. "Wow, that is good--!" she hummed, clearly pleased with the combination. "I'd love to meet up later. Just say a time and place." She snagged his fork from him and quickly snuck a piece of the toast once more, before handing it to him and turning to the newest arrivals at the table.

The first girl who asked to be friends melted her heart. "Absolutely." Allura said with a kind smile. "I'm Allura, what's your name?" She asked with a tilt of her head. At the introduction of the other girl, she patiently smiled. "Lovely to meet you, Jeanie. I'm Allura." She murmured. "What are your plans for the day?" she asked.

tags: Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal _Exodus_ _Exodus_ Cosmos Cosmos
interactions: Daniel, Ari, Jeanie

Jeanie
"Absolutely nothing. I don't have any treatments or threapy, so there is no worry about that," Jeanie pointed out, "I would like to go swimming if thag is possible."

Just as swiftly as she had gotten her food, she finished it as well. Placing the tray aside, she tried to look into allura's eyes outnof respect, but just couldn't bring herself to do it.
thirteen thirteen

Ari's face lit up as the others announced being friends with her, eyes practically shining as she slammed her hands down on the table lightly standing up on her tip toes eagerly with a wide smile, "That's great! Now I have three friends! this is the best day ever!!~" she mused with a smirk, sitting back down and happily munching into her cinnamon buns, getting the sugary powder all over the lower part of her face and nose.

A nurse walking by giggled at the group and came over with a pleasant smile, hands held together in front of her uniform, "What a surprise to see you all together, I do hope everyones getting along fine with our new resident?~" she asked in a sort of motherly and curious way, clearly being a tad anxious about a male in the previous all girl facility. Looking at Ari she bent down and wiped off her face with a napkin, "Come now, you know better than to rush your food sweetie, it'll be here all day" she chuckled, Ari nodded quickly finishing the last chewed bite with an 'mhmm!'.

"I know but I gotta be quick so I can do everything today before tonight!" she insisted, the nurse gave a sort of saddened nod before waving at the others after waiting for a response to her previous question and going over to the coffee machine to get herself a drink, staff often ate with the children to help keep an eye on those with more delicate conditions, that and it was said their coffee machine had been broken since last week, certainly more had been appearing in the cafeteria lately.

The sun shining through the windows, allowing a splendid view of the courtyards beautiful greenery and flowers, truely even the buildings didn't even look that formal of a facility, even if the inside was rather high-tech. It was a good reminder that the heads really did try to make this place as homely aspkossible for a hospital.
________

Mentioned/Interacting: Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal _Exodus_ _Exodus_ thirteen thirteen Aquacapsak Aquacapsak

Seraphina watched the others quietly from her spot at the table and nibbled her food. She flinched as she remembered Amelia's words of making friends and sighed. She finished the meal on her tray and begrudgingly wandered over to the table. "Er... Might I join you?" The words felt foreign to her as she said them and she looked at the ground. Perhaps this hadn't been such a good idea after all..

Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal thirteen thirteen _Exodus_ _Exodus_ Cosmos Cosmos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back