• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Hetalia ~ The Eagle and the Swan

Denmark had just perched on the edge of the bed, removing her shoes after the day's work. This would be her job from now on, then - being the maid of this place. It could be worse, she supposed.

There was the sound of footsteps, then the door being pushed open. She leaned forward to see it was Germany, with a rather large container of beer. Huh. It wasn't surprising; she knew of his love for alcohol. She rocked up onto her feet, interlocking her fingers in front of her. Was he going to ask her to do more?

Upon walking in, Germany spotted the female country standing at the ready.

"Oh, you are. Could you clear off that table over there? I need somewhere to put this down." He said, pointing to the mahogany coffee table. There weren't many objects on it, but Germany didn't want to crush anything.

Denmark nodded. "Tja," she responded, moving over to the table. She idly wondered - was Germany planning to get drunk? Perhaps she could sneak a sip, if so. Already her throat was thirsting for the taste of beer. German beer wasn't the same, of course, but beer was beer...

Sliding the ornaments and papers to one side, Denmark then moved them across to the other sidetable so that there was space for him to put the container down.

"Danke," Germany said, setting the beer container down. Then, he went over to the cabinet and retrieved two mugs.

"You know," he said, flipping down onto the couch in front of the barrel. "Not to brag, but German beer is pretty good." The blonde tossed the second mug to Denmark and motioned to the couch's empty space for her to sit.

Denmark looked at the mug for a moment, just to think if he was being serious. But - whenever did Germany joke? The smallest of smiles tilted her lips as she sat down next to him. She turned to look at the handsome blond, ocean blue eyes curious. "I do not know if it is as good as Danish," she responded quietly, for the first time a teasing look in her face.

Germany was surprised to see the female smile, even if it was a small one. Of course, beer was so amazing that it could make anyone happy, but still. She looked really pretty with a happy expression. The usually-stoic German moved his cup under the spout and flipped up the tab to fill it with delicious, golden beer. When it was full and complete with foam at the top, he flipped the tab down and sat back.

"Let's find out, ja?" He said, grinning back and taking a gulp of his favourite drink.

Denmark was seeing a different side to Germany now. It really did show what beer could do to a person. They both knew the joys of the sweet alcohol; most of Germanic and Slavic Europe did. England as well, but he was more of a drunk uncle than anything. And she forgot for a time, that they were at war and that he had done terrible things to her, that he was the reason for the pain across the bridge of her nose and in her heart.

The brunette smiled back, unable to help herself. Happiness coming from such a man was contagious. Leaning forward, she too filled her mug with foamy goodness. Then she tilted her jead back slightly to take a gulp - as any Viking should.

She brought the rim down from her mouth, licking the residue of foam off her top lip. "It is good," she admitted, dipping her head.

"Ha. See? I knew you would like it." Germany said triumphantly. It disturbed him a little to find that he sounded like Prussia, but he would address that later.

Instead of thinking about his idiotic brother, the blonde took another sip of his beer and let his gaze rest on Denmark. She seemed to actually be enjoying the drink, which made sense (because it's beer!) despite the fact that she was still a prisoner.

He also noticed how bright her eyes looked when she drank the beer. It was probably because she liked it and it was familiar, but Germany also wanted to believe that it was because she didn't completely hate him. Shaking his head, he drove out that thought and downed the rest of the beer in his mug.

Denmark glanced up from her (now empty) cup at his comment. She was somewhat tempted to stick her tongue out at him. Strange. But she refrained from doing so, and instead raised her eyebrows with a smile. "Still not quite as good as Danish beer," she teased him. "But it is good. May I?" she asked, gesturing toward the barrel. Already she was getting that warm buzz flowing through her veins. Her blue eyes alighted for a moment on the curve of his bicep as he downed his own drink. Germany was an attractive man; there was no denying that...

They could have been two friends at a bar. If only they were.

"Ja, of course." Germany replied, taking Denmark's mug and refilling it. His fingertips brushed against hers in the process, and the blonde felt his heart rate increase while his cheeks tinted a light shade of pink. He blinked awkwardly because he didn't know what to say, and because this was a relatively new feeling for him. Was it the beer's effects, or...?

After confusing himself to a point, he refilled his own mug and thought about the female's earlier comment. "You know, I don't think I've ever had Danish beer. Except maybe that one time at Prussia's... never mind." the German said to break the silence.

Denmark smiled gently as her cup was refilled, feeling a small spark of electricity as their fingers met. She vaguely recognised the feeling, but she dismissed it - she could not be feeling such toward her captor... could she?

Lowering her eyes, she began drinking heartily again. The Dane had decided to be happy, just as she was, right here, right now. At the mention of Prussia, she tilted her head and raised her eyebrows. "Prussia?" she asked. "How is he?" She was aware of the fact that he'd recently been demolished as a country. It could not be easy.

"He's doing okay... still annoying as ever, but... that's a good thing, I suppose." Germany replied, pausing to take another sip of beer. "I haven't been able to spend much time with him recently. But he'll be fine. I will support that idiot when he fails, and I won't let him disappear." the blonde frowned and shook his head. yes, it was true that the personifications of countries were supposed to vanish when their homeland did, but Germany and Prussia had joined. Therefore, as long as he thought of Prussia as a separate being-- his brother-- they would both prevail. Sighing, the German looked down at the drink he was holding.

Denmark nodded slightly, staring down into her beer as he talked. Germany was very good to Prussia. She would feel the same to any of her Scandinavian siblings. She reached forward with her mug to clink it against his. "Cheers," she murmured. Then she drank again, downing the alcohol. A buzz was spreading throughout her body, from her stomach and out toward her extremities. Smiling, she leaned back in a relaxed manner on the couch, and crossed her legs. "We Germanic countries have existed for a long time," she mused, eyes tracing the ceiling before going to his chiseled features. Mmmm...

Germany smiled at the female's gesture and finished the beer in his mug. "Ja. Well, according to Italy, I'm pretty young. It's confusing, since I can't remember much from long ago..." the German trailed off, trying to shake the beer's fuzziness out of his head.

"Anyways, even if my boss wants our countries to join, I won't ever let you disappear. I l-" Germany interrupted his sentence mid-way and blinked, noticing that he had been staring at Denmark. Just... the curve of her jaw, and the spark in her eyes... and her smile...

((I'm sorry!! I'll post soon, promise xx))

The pleasant buzz spread throughout her body, making her thoughts wonder and her reactions more clumsy. Denmark felt a flicker of warmth in her chest as he spoke of her disappearing; of how he would... save her from such a fate. She had a silly, tipsy thought of him being like a knight in shining armour; as he fell silent, her heart swelled. He just looked so dashing right in that moment, with his icy eyes seeming soft and his strong jaw determinedly angled...

Quite suddenly, her hand took him by the collar as she darted in to kiss him - fully, on the mouth, eyes closed as she melted into him.

((It's fine :3))

Germany was startled by Denmark's sudden action, but it seemed as if she had been thinking the same thing he had. Maybe it was their past, or the alcohol, or maybe even his current feelings, but one of those things drove every thought except for her out of his head.

The German let his empty mug fall to the floor as he wrapped his arms around Denmark and kissed back. She was slender, yet muscular at the same time, and there was a faint scent of strawberries floating around her. How had he never noticed before?

Denmark felt his strong arms envelope her, smiling against his lips. She drew away, mug also now forgotten on the floor. A hand drifted to gently touch her lips, smile fading a little as she processed what she'd done. Had she really just...?

Germany was the enemy, and she had betrayed her country to kiss him. A red flush crept across her cheeks. The Dane knew that she wanted him - but it was wrong. And he could get in trouble too, from his boss. But as she looked at him, sje couldn't help but remember his kind words.

"I'm sorry," she murmured, bright eyes darting down to her knees. Then Denmark rose on unsteady feet, feeling as if she was about to fall over. "I shouldn't have... shouldn't have done that..." Her speech was not so coherent any more.

And she wanted to kiss him again, to feel safe for the first time in months in his strong embrace and his heady woodland smell.

When the two countries separated, Germany could feel his cheeks burning. He had never really kissed anyone before-- not on the lips, anyway. He never would have guessed how nice it felt, or maybe it was Denmark herself that made it special.

The German looked up at the female after her apology and saw that she really did look bothered-- maybe not by the kiss itself, but by what would happen if anyone found out.

"Maybe you-- no, maybe we shouldn't have done that, but I can't help but to think that we shouldn't have not done it, either." Germany replied, frowning. "I guess... what I'm trying to say, is..." he shook his head and rose to his feet in front of Denmark.

"Please..." the blonde wrapped his arms around the female again and held her close. "Stay."

Denmark stiffened in his unexpected hug, her head against his chest - he was a tall man. But she sighed after a moment, body relaxing into him. She allowed herself the guilty pleasure of her own arms hesitantly going around him, then the fists they made in his shirt. It had been too long since she'd been home, been around her brother Copenhagen and Norway and Sweden... Yet here she was, in a tipsy stupor, holding her enemy tightly.

"What if your boss sees us?" she whispered, Danish accent thick in her throat.

((Angsty idea - his boss notices he's happier or something the next day. Tells him to send her to a labour camp/another military base/somewhere bad. You could decide what Germany does. wotcha think?))

((owo Sounds interesting. I shall make it happen. :3))

"My boss? He doesn't ever come to my wing. So he won't come in here. There's no possible way." Germany said, shaking his head. "But if word gets out somehow... I'll protect you, no matter what." He finished, stroking Denmark's soft hair.

The German figured the biggest problem was going to be the lower-ranking officers who brought meals or messages from his boss. If they found out, everything was over for both him and the female country. Even worse, if any of the other countries-- allies or not-- were to find out, he would be done for.

Denmark softly hummed against his chest in affirmation. It was such a good feeling, being sheltered. She used to be the one doing the sheltering in the old days, when she ruled the seas with her 'adopted' family of Nordic countries. The beating of his heart was comforting, and he radiated warmth. Maybe... she had felt like this the whole time...

The alcohol taking over, she smiled up at him before leaning up for another kiss on her tiptoes. Her hands traveled up, arms encircling his neck before her fingers intertwined behind it. This was bliss, feverish and passionate bliss.

At Denmark's touch, the German's heartbeat sped up and the buzz overflowed his mind. He slid one of his arms down to encircle the female's waist while the other moved up to cup her cheek. Since Germany was the taller of the two, he leaned down in order to deepen the kiss.

Of course, he was enjoying the moment, but Germany couldn't help but to wonder what exactly was happening. Would he wake up in the morning and find that it was a dream, or that it was completely controlled by the beer? He knew he truly did care about Denmark, but were her feelings the same?

Denmark was vaguely wondering the same thing. He was a powerful, strong country. What did he want with her? Did he simply want her co-operation?

She pushed such terrible thoughts from her mind. It was not in Germany's nature to do such a thing. She broke apart from him, her breathing short and excited. Adrenaline was pumping through her veins, but so was alcohol. It was making her sleepy, and her co-ordination was starting to fail. Tapping against his chest, she let out a short, 'hm,' then glanced toward the bed. "Joooin me?" Denmark asked, smiling up at him. She just wanted to sleep, really. But with him beside her.

At Denmark's suggestion, the German's usually pale face turned red. What did it mean, to join a person in bed? He could think of two things-- one of which he had zero experience with, and the other was... well, just sleeping.

"Uh... sure." Germany replied quietly, hoping it was just the second option for now. He looked down at the female and found that she was sort of wobbling, as if she were going to fall at any moment. The blonde supposed it was the alcohol, so he picked Denmark up and carried her over to his bed. Then, he just stood there, waiting for some kind of command from her.

((I go to camp tomorrow, until Friday. I might not have time to post until then.))

Denmark blinked up at him, wondering idly what he would do. Hmm... He was a handsome thing... Reaching up to touch his jawline, she yelped as he suddenly picked her up. It was a surprise, but she giggled as he began walking. "You're strong," she purred, poking his chest and tracing along it with a finger. Germany was gentle in putting her down - was he really like this? She hadn't seen this side before.

Rolling over, she laughed drunkly before patting the space next to her. "Here. I want you here," she pouted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back