• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Hetalia ~ The Eagle and the Swan

Chicogal

falling with style
Hetalia 1x1 ~ OC!Denmark x Canon!Germany

The date is 9 April, 1940. War has already been declared on Nazi Germany, which has continued its rapid expansion across Europe.

Denmark has been warned of an invasion coming her way, but has decided to keep defense low in the hopes that Germany will not be provoked and attack her. However, her judgement was wrong – and violence has spread across her borders. She now waits in Copenhagen for his arrival, hoping that she can turn him back.

~~~~

The sky was overcast and grey, looming ominously above the small capital of Copenhagen. It was a beautiful city, even in this weather, but the atmosphere was tense. Terrified. Many fruitlessly hoped that perhaps the invasion would be called off, despite the fact that the enemy had already breached their borders. They were inside.

Copenhagen had been breached, its harbour taken up with the flag of the Nazis flying high. The Citadel had fallen, without a single bullet being shot. There had meant to be a warning shot, but they couldn’t get the gun to work. Of course such bad luck should befall them on this day.

A woman with long brown hair stood at the steps of Amalienberg Palace. She was flanked by the King’s Royal Guard. Her clothes were her own uniform, signifying her rank. She was apart from the army. She was Denmark, the country itself, and her navy blue fatigues represented that. A small pin on her right breast pocket showed her flag, colours bright in the dark. The red may as well have represented the blood of her countrymen. Some had already fallen this dark day.

Denmark looked up at the sky, feeling the first raindrop splash onto her cheek. A shiver ran down her spine as she began to hear the sounds of screams and the German military. “Stay strong,” she whispered in Danish to her men. They were still, guns loading. She held her own in her hands. As the army approached, they took shelter and readied their arms. “Fire at will!” she called in her mother tongue as the heavens rained down upon them.

"Do not hold back! We must occupy Denmark in order to turn this war around!" Germany shouted to a flank of men, sending them off to invade the city. Everything was going according to his plans- he would take Denmark and use it as a base to attack Norway next. He had extra backup from his fleet, who had landed at the port not too long ago. His German troops were met with resistance and he wanted this to be over with as quickly as possible.

"Sir, I have a message from the Supreme Boss." a soldier reported, bowing and handing Germany a letter. He opened it and read the message: Capture Denmark. Keep her alive. He sighed, crumpled up the piece of paper, and tossed it into a bucket of supplies.

"Danke. You may go now." he said to the soldier. The man bowed again and left the tent, leaving the tired man alone once more. He sighed, slipped his tattered green coat over his shoulders, and tightened up the laces on his black boots. Taking a deep breath, the war-stricken man grabbed his gun and stepped out into the dank camp.

Although he wasn't the technical leader of his country, Germany was revered and made the commander of its army. Soldiers made way for the tall man as he made his way over to the weapon supply. He picked out a bunch of close-combat weapons such as knives in case of tight situations, although he knew Denmark couldn't resist for much longer. Although her people were not losing spirit, they were losing lives.

"I'm going to finish the mission and capture Denmark. If all goes well, I'll come back with a prisoner. Do not send backup." Germany ordered before marching out under the cover of the now heavy rain. He followed his troops to the main citadel where they were met with the most resistance. There, the German directed his men to keep attacking while he went in search of Denmark's command center.

Denmark was still at the palace, clutching he large gun tightly to her chest. They had taken cover behind a small wall. She glanced to the side, to the senior officer who had become her friend. His blond hair was now streaked with grey. How humans aged. How delicate they were, sometimes dying from a single bullet. "Courage," she murmured. If there were any troops nearby, she didn't want to alert them.

Denmark's body gained more and more scratches by the moment. As the Citadel was seized, a large cut slashed across her nose - one side to the other. Her mouth opened in a wordless cry of surprise and pain - even if you were much hardier than most humans, you still felt the pain. Blood dripped down her face, off her chin. That was the biggest one so far.

((Crappy posts before school, nice posts after school. :3))

Germany scanned the block, looking for the country's base. He stepped over bodies, both German and Danish alike, synchronizing his footsteps with the relentless sound of guns being fired. The German felt the rain beginning to beat more heavily on his back and decided to hurry up his search for the Danish personification. She would be more heavily injured now that he was in the heart of her country so he knew it would be the best time to capture her.

Loading his gun, the man stepped up to the doors of the city's palace. His troops had been mostly for distraction, which helped him sneak up to the likely control center with ease. Germany opened the door quietly and peeked inside. It looked safe enough, so he cautiously stepped inside while pointing his gun around for protection.

"This is Germany. I am here for Denmark. Surrender quietly and your men will be spared."

Denmark held her breath as she heard heavy footsteps. She'd recognise that sound anywhere. After all, they'd gotten on alright in the last century. But this century had been an altogether different story so far. Swallowing, she glanced to her companion. He shook his head at the enemy country's demand, but she didn't know what to do. Another gash opened up on her cheek, unexpected and sudden. It was useless. Her generals hadn't listened to her; she'd told them to put out more guards, but they'd insisted on this small force... And look where it had landed them.

Holding her head high - as high as she could - she stepped out, immediately pointing her shotgun at him. "Skiderik," she hissed, standing still in the middle of the passage. One bullet certainly would not kill him, nor her. But a hail of them, a knife... "Why do you even bother coming here? Norge and Sverige won't stand for this!" she called across the space.

Blood dripped down her cheeks, the sides of her nose, stopping at her lips before dripping down her chin and onto her uniform. Her pin wasn't visible now. The slashes represented the superficial damage - the destroyal of the beauty of her country. It hurt. But still she kept her head held high, her gun pointed straight and true. She would probably have to surrender. But she wasn't going to do so quietly.

((Skiderik = Bastard))

The tall man saw a battered woman with long hair stand up to challenge him. Going by her fierce determination and once-glorious uniform, he knew it was Denmark herself. She looked so different from the last time he'd saw her, he almost didn't recognize her.

"Maybe they won't, but I'll still fight them. I'll make then join me, just like what I'm doing right now. I can't believe anything other than that." Germany started firmly, pointing his gun back at the rebellious country. He didn't want to injure her any more than she already was. In her condition, Denmark wouldn't be so difficult to incapacitate.

"Don't you realize what a toll resisting will take on you and your people?" He asked in a last effort to prevent any more bloodshed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Denmark regarded Germany. How she hated him, from his height to his powerful shoulders. It was a display of just what he was capable of. The taste of blood was strong in her mouth, and she swallowed. She was feeling tired, and her cuts were throbbing. Her fatigue was the sign of a fight nearing its end. Her soldiers were falling back. She was finished now.

A deep breath, in and out. Her shoulders seemed to slump as she lowered the barrel of her gun. "You're despicable," she whispered. Her weapon clattered to the floor as she let go of it. Her pride, the palace, their peace... Everything had been broken. The small country didn't break eye contact with him. It was ice against ocean, and the ocean had been frozen over.

Germany slowly approached the female, kicking away her gun. He pointed his own at her while cuffing her hands together.

"Thank you for cooperating." He said briefly, slinging his weapon over his shoulder. Denmark looked as of she was about to collapse, but the German knew that trying to help her now would be a disgrace and would deal an enormous blow to the female's pride.

"I'll be taking you back to my main headquarters, where you'll be my prisoner." He informed her, pushing her back to signify that she should start walking.

Denmark tensed as he came closer and handcuffed her. Her entire body stiffened away from him - as if he was a magnet with an opposing force. She could hear the faint sounds of her soldiers murmuring to themselves behind the walls. They were probably angry and disappointed. Just as she was. "F**k you," she muttered to him. Once upon a time, she'd been the powerful one. Now she was being lead away in handcuffs.

She stumbled slightly with the push, going off balance for a moment. But she righted herself, not without a muttering of something in Danish. His headquarters? Poland would be there, along with some others. Staying under his power, as a prisoner... She inwardly shuddered. She'd heard rumours about what was going on in Nazi Germany. But what if- was that going to happen to her people? Denmark stopped suddenly. "What are you going to do to me? To my country?" An element of fear had crept into her voice.

The German halted behind Denmark as she stopped short.

"I might have the citizens work for me. I'll use the land's resources and ports. This country will not be in the crossfire, so it'll be used for other purposes." He replied, pushing her again. "You'll have to wait and see about what'll happen to you. My boss will decide that."

Germany really didn't like hid boss all that much. He was bossy and called for unreasonable measures. Plus, he ordered cruel fates for all who stood in his way.

"Keep moving. We're avoiding battle routes to save time. Say goodbye to your land for now. Do whatever." Germany absently said, checking his watch. His boss was expecting him and Denmark in 3 hours.

Denmark stared straight across at the outside of the palace. One could faintly hear screams and calls. Her people were terrified. At least he was not planning on using 'her' for militaristic purposes. She sighed softly. It was all wrong.

The cuts on her face were starting to clot; there wasn't any new blood dripping off her. She parted her lips, licked along the edge of them as she started walking again. The smell of gunpowder and smoke was strong, and fear dripped off the buildings around them. Everything screamed defeat to her eyes. Disappointment. But how was she to help her military power? It was her boss' job. She was the face - the brand ambassador.

Now she had been captured. And she didn't know what was coming next.

((Feel free to skip to his base/whatever :3))

((Ok =w=))

Germany walked back to the camp. He called back his troops and told them to stay here in the Denmark camp fit the time being. The tall blond man gathered supplies before flying back to Germany to visit his boss. He took his prisoner to the prepared plane and set off.

(Magical Timeskip brought to you by Russia's magic metal pipe of pain ^J^)

After an hour, they arrived at the base back in his home country. His boss was anxious to see Denmark and requested to see her in person.

"Denmark, my boss would like to speak with you. Please behave." The German asked before taking her into a large, open room. In the far corner, there was a curtain covering a space where the silhouette of a person could be seen. Germany cleared his throat.

"Sir, I have brought the country as requested." He reported, then fell silent.

"Good. Now tell me, Denmark, how did it feel to be defeated by the great Nazi empire? Were you honored?" The autocratic man asked from behind the curtain.

What did Germany think she was? A child? A scared, young, Baltic state like Poland? Behave. Perhaps that would prevent her from more hurt, though. How she hoped that something could come of her behaving. What a sight she must look, dried blood on her chin and cheeks. She could feel the tightness where scabs were starting to form. But she spoke anyway.

"I was honoured only to see your men fall, bullets in their chests from my own hand," she quipped back, mouth hardly moving as her soft words filled the entire room. "Your empire is one of cowardice. We did not provoke you! There was no reason for you to attack as you did!"

The large room echoed with Denmark's voice for a moment after she spoke, leaving the room almost silent. Then, a quiet laughter was heard from behind the curtain. It gradually got louder until the boss took a deep breath.

"I had every reason to attack you. Simply put, you were a valuable piece of land. I needed to use it." He said. "Germany, I have things to do. Get her out of here. Do with her what you wish."

The German bowed and dragged Denmark out of the room.

"I thought I told you not to provoke him! Who knows what he'll make me do to your precious land now!" He hissed, pulling her towards the west wing- the part of the building he stayed in.

Denmark stared at the curtain. Her teeth were clenched together; it had been a stupid remark, said in the heat of the moment. She shouldn't have done so. Her people could suffer for it. Pure hate glimmered in her gaze - this leader might make it as one of the worst she'd encountered in her long, long life. Then again, usually she and her leader would be on the other side of the curtain... No more. She was a changed country. Prussia had taken some of her land during the second Schleswig war and it was now Germany's - she resented him for that. Now she was barely a collection of islands and a small piece of land.

Germany pulled her out, and she reluctantly turned to face him. Now that she was out of there, her facade had fallen. She might have lost everything now, the way that Germany was going. If he won, she could cease to exist. This frightened her; although she hated to let herself down, her features were twisted with sadness. Her eyes were starting to fill with tears. She let herself be pulled, the fight somewhat sinking out of her. "Probably whatever he was planning to do anyway," she murmured, glancing up at him. She couldn't believe that they'd used to get on. Not friends, but... Acquaintances. And weren't attractive people meant to be the 'good' ones in stories?

"Am I to be left in a cell until I fade?" she asked bitterly, testing the handcuffs behind her back for the millionth time. They must be very strong to hold a country. Every now and then, they passed a soldier or official. The younger ones blinked, and did a bit of a double take when they took in her battered and bloodied appearance. Others knew who she was, smiling and nodding to Germany politely. He had achieved dominating a country, after all - although she was small, it opened up the pathway to Northern Europe.

Germany blinked at her sudden submissive demeanor. She didn't seem as angry now, sorrow filling the place where it has once been. The German looked back into Denmark's eyes and saw the tears welling up. He hated seeing anyone cry, except maybe Prussia, so he took a handkerchief from his pocket and poured some water from his canister onto it.

"You look terrible. Wipe off your face." The German said gruffly, handing Denmark the handkerchief. He looked away from the country and hoped she didn't completely hate him. At the end of the war, he planned on returning Denmark back to... well, Denmark. His country already had enough land as it was, and he was used to having her there. At her next question, Germany inwardly cringed.

"In the cell? I'm not sure yet. There's only one cell that is capable of holding countries, and that's where Poland, Lithuania, and the others are. I don't know what they'll try to do to you, and I don't trust them." He said, furrowing his brows. Plus, of all went to plan, he'd have to put Finland and Norway in there as well. Nodding at the passing soldiers, the German sighed and turned a corner.

He supposed Italy's room could contain her, although the cowardly country would have nowhere to stay when he visited. Japan's room was already occupied at the moment, and that would have been the preferable choice. Sighing again, Germany ran a hand through his hair. He had a huge problem on his hands.

((I’m gonna assume she’s not cuffed. xD I’m really enjoying this so far!! I’m glad I found you. B)))

Denmark was surprised by Germany’s sudden kindness. He was gruff, but she could sense caring behind his actions. She hesitantly took the handkerchief, and gingerly wiped her face. “Takk,” she murmured. It didn’t smell of chloroform or any other drug, so she proceeded to clean her lower face. Dark blood came away on the handkerchief, but she knew that he would expect that to happen. Wincing around the wounds, she became cleaner and cleaner until the poor handkerchief could do no more. The brunette was still a bit dirty, but she was much better than before.

He started talking about the cell – she expected no more than a prison. And other countries were in it already. She didn’t know them well, but they might be nice… Oh. What? He was worried they would do something to her? That was, well, unexpected. She kept quiet, knowing that he was thinking. Denmark didn’t know what he would decide. So long as she wasn’t his… concubine or something. A chill ran down her spine. She knew of the horrors that were committed during wars, even back during the Viking times. It hadn’t happened to her; she was too strong to be dominated by a human man. But she’d heard the screams of the women in her villages, when she could do nothing to help them. No. No. That couldn’t happen to her.

((Oh.. haha, forgot to mention that! :3 And thanks! You're awesome! I love this rp and your writing!))

The German nodded and took his canister off his belt again.

"Here, you can use whatever's left in here. You're probably thirsty anyways." He said, handing it to Denmark. She looked a lot better than before, and hopefully she wasn't hurting too badly at the moment.

They were nearing the door to the room containing his country cell, which was surprisingly close to his own room. Germany supposed his boss put it there to either allow him to constantly watch over his prisoners or to annoy him. It was probably both. Loud arguing could be heard from inside, so when he was close enough the German banged on the door before opening it.

"What is going on in here?" He half-yelled, glaring at Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Greece, and the Netherlands. They all jumped, dropping the cards they were previously holding. Hiding Denmark behind him, the blonde man crossed his arms.

"Where did you get cards?" He asked, annoyed.

"Mr. Austria, like, totally have them to us because we kept, like, disturbing his 'musical vibes'." Poland answered, grinning nervously and picking up the cards. Germany sighed and shook his head. He would have to talk to Austria later.

"Ja, there's no way I can put you in there." He muttered, thinking. He supposed he could have another 'special cell' built, but it would take time. Where would Denmark stay until it was finished?

((The feeling is mutual :'D Omg Germany hiding her so cute))

Denmark blinked. He really was being nice to her, what with her being a prisoner and all. But then again, he had just attacked and hurt her... Maybe it was due. She took the flask from him, with a quiet, "Takk," again. He had guessed correctly - her throat had begun to ache, with the taste of blood still lingering in her mouth. She took a relieved sip, then another. That was when he opened the door to the prison - there was noise coming form within there.

Germany seemed to be blocking her from their sight. Well, it wasn't too hard, what with him being all bulky and tall. He was actually... Acting sort of protective over her? That was weird. Maybe it was because she was so close to him physically that there was nothing that she could do. She heard the voice of someone Eastern European, arguing with Germany. Oh dear. She looked up at him curiously, absentmindedly taking a drink from the canister. What was he thinking?

((if you do what i think you might do i think i'll die-))

((Teehee =w=))

Apart from Italy and Japan's rooms there was one more room that could contain a country, and that happened to be-

"Scheiße!" Germany cursed, frowning. The only other room would be... his. He closed the cell room's door and turned to Denmark.

"I'm sorry, but you're going to have to stay in here for an hour or so. I need to... fix something so that you can have a place to sleep without having those jokers to worry about." He said, clenching his jaw.

His 'master plan' was to keep Denmark in his room. Yes- he he had long handcuffs, so cuffing her to the bedpost at night was possible. Then, he could lock all the windows from the outside and the cabinets and drawers, and remove all the weapons. That left Germany with... a lot of cleaning to do, a couch as a bed, and probably what was going to turn into the most awkward moment if his life.

For now, he needed Austria to supervise the cell so he could prepare his room.

((*le me being extremely confused*))

((Oh, was it-))

((If it was that, please don't die. You're too awesome!))

((I DIED AWESOMELY-

Cuffing her to the bedposts, Germany? Oh my~))

Denmark looked up at Germany bemusedly. He had something on his mind, that was for sure. Something that seemed to be troubling him quite a bit…

“Ja, alright,” she murmured to him with a nod. She was his prisoner; she had to do what he said anyway, in order to keep safe. This had been an interesting capture, that was for sure. But there was still a spot in her chest that ached terribly. And her cuts still hurt, especially the one across her nose. All this pain represented what her land and people had gone through, and what they were currently going through.

The brunette turned to go into the cell again, before hesitating and holding his canister out to him. “Takk.”

((OMG xD I almost fell off my couch when I read the small text X'D))

Noticing Denmark wincing, the blonde made a mental note to fetch the doctor. He wouldn't be able to heal all the wounds, since they came from the distress of the land, but he could help reduce the pain.

"It's nothing." Germany said, taking back the container and strapping it to his belt. He nodded, closing and locking the door behind him. The German walked across the hallway and knocked on Austria's door. The country opened it with an annoyed expression on his face.

"What is it, Germany? I was in the middle of composing a new piece!" He huffed angrily.

"Go watch over the prisoners while I'm working. I've just captured Denmark, and I can't leave her alone in there with the rest of the dummkopfs."

Austria sighed and went over into the prisoners' cell room. Germany closed his door and went into his own room to clean.

Denmark stood in the middle of the cell room for a moment, before drifting over to the bars. "Holland?" she whispered, not sure whether or not it was him. But it was. He looked up, confused for a moment, before recognition dawned on his face. "Denmark." The European country didn't look quite as well kept as he usually did. He looked gaunt, his cheeks hollower than before. He'd always been a tall and thin man, what with being very healthy, but not like this. They weren't so much friends as good acquaintances - their landmasses weren't very far apart. His expression changed to sadness, as he realised why she was here. "You have fallen as well?" She barely had time to nod before Austria entered the room.

Denmark turned around, taking a slow step away from the prison cell as the others went back to their cards. They were all technically allies. But in this room, who knew who would go crazy? Who just wouldn't care anymore? The thought was scary. She glanced up at Austria, at his dark hair, glasses, fine long fingers. He was almost Germany's brother. But so different. How could he support the Nazis? The Dane crossed her arms oer her chest protectively, straightening up in an effort to seem taller, more intimidating.

"All right, listen up. Be quiet and act like mature people so Germany doesn't have to come in here. Then he'll be happy with me and he won't bother me when I'm making music." Austria huffed, plopping down on the bench attached to the wall and crossing his legs.

~~~

Germany groaned when he saw his messy room. It was usually overly neat, but the war had taken its toll on him, too. He bent over and picked up a pile of uniforms on the floor to deposit them in the wardrobe. Looking around, he decided to take all of the weapons and lock them in there as well. Then, the German locked every other drawer and made his bed.

Denmark simply nodded. Austria seemed exasperated by Germany... perhaps they could convince him to join their side? She quickly shook the thought away. No. That was a ridiculous notion. Even if they did, he could not overthrow such an empire. It was now up to Britain, France and America. That wasn't much hope - their arguments were notorious...

((Feel free to make however much time pass xD ))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back