• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Hetalia ~ The Eagle and the Swan

((Okie dokie))

Germany continued to beautify his room.

~Time Skip~

When the room looked satisfactory enough, Germany stood at the door and looked away the clock. It was quite late, so he scanned the room one last time and went to get Denmark. The German unlocked the door to find the female country and Austria on the opposite sides of the space.

"Austria, you can leave now." He informed his sort-of-brother. The musician quickly got up and dashed across the hall into his room, murdering something about finally being free. Rolling his eyes, Germany shook his head.

"Denmark, come with me. The rest of you, behave. I'll have dinner brought to you shortly." He ordered, holding the door open.

Denmark simply stood there silently, looking down at her feet or up at the ceiling. The full weight of what had happened today was starting to impress upon her. She'd been invaded... Captured... Taken over. It was all a bit overwhelming. Her battle had only lasted six hours against Germany. She kept her arms crossed, as well as her legs, blocking herself off from anyone else. There was just the subdued sounds of her fellow allies playing cards.

Eventually Germany returned. She straightened, glanced back at the cell.Then she exited the room, and waited for him to guide her. She didn't know what was going to happen next, but she hoped that she wouldn't find herself in total isolation. The Dane feared something like that could make her go crazy - a completely dark room, food pushed in through a flap, no-one else to suffer with you...

Closing the door, the blonde man led Denmark twenty feet down the hall to his room. He noticed how worried she looked, but didn't say anything. The German opened the door and let the female enter the room before him.

"This is where you'll be staying. Yes, it's my room, but it's the only other place other than the cell that is able to contain countries. Do try not to break anything." He explained.

"You'll sleep on the bed, cuffed to the bedpost. I will sleep on the couch, which is across the room." Germany added awkwardly. "Any questions?

He shifted his weight onto the other foot and waited for an answer.

((|D is it bad to enjoy his awkwardness? Lol))

Denmark followed Germany, unease radiating off her in waves. They came to a room surprisingly quickly. He hadn't forgotten manners, still letting her through first. Then again, it was the 1940s...

Her heart plummetted as soon as he said that it was his room. She gulped. He then explained the sleeping arrangements, seemingly uncomfortable. Why she was getting the bed, she didn't understand, but she felt terrified. Alone with Germany. Not in total isolation, but with him. Tied up. Unable to fight him off. He hadn't done anything to suggest ill intent, but it was still a fear.

She glanced up at him, opened her mouth. Then she thought better of it, giving her head a shake. No. There was no way of asking that question, and she didn't want to introduce such a thought into his mind. For the most part, she doubted he would do such a thing, but still. Her dark blue eyes simply darted around the room, her new prison.

"Why are you being kind?"

((X'D))

".....Kind?" Germany's eyes widened. He was completely taken aback by Denmark's question. Why was he being... kind?

The first thing that flashed through his mind was that he had never, ever been called kind. He had been called cruel, heartless, inhumane, and even evil. And yet, here was someone who he had only mistreated up until now, asking why he was being kind?

"I... I'm afraid I don't understand. I'm not..." He walked over to his couch and flopped onto it. Placing his arm over his face, Germany sighed.

"Well... I can't let you die. Do you have any idea how your land and people will suffer of you do? Plus, it'll end up costing me more in the future if I don't take care of you now...?" He answered pathetically.

Denmark watched him walk over to the couch, babbling something. Then he came up with a few excuses. Did he really care about her land and people? And it was a matter of money? Somehow, she didn't believe that. He looked sort of uncomfortable, and yet a bit strange all flopped like that. Germany always seemed so uptight and strict; it looked to be unnatural to her. Or, it was simply the fact that she never saw him like this.

Maybe he was covering up what he was planning to do to her, sweetening with actions. Humans had a funny way of saying things - that countries, 'raped,' the world of its resources. And maybe that was what he would do to her. She didn't want to believe it, or think of it... But it had happened to other countries before. No, she would fight back with all she had if he tried that. It would have repercussions on her actual land. Maybe even a freak earthquake or rising of the tide, as a result of trauma.

The Dane looked at him from under dark eyelashes, her fists clenched. She was sensitive; her own thoughts were upsetting her. Tears were beginning to fall down her cheeks, stinging in her cuts. But she ignored that. She'd lost her land, her people, her sovereignty all in one day... She didn't want him to see her like this; it was weak, even though everyone knew she was weak. Tilting her head forward to try to cover her face a bit, she just stood there in the doorway with her arms crossed.

After a few minutes, Germany looked up to find Denmark still standing in the doorway. He didn't really understand why she was still there- er, actually, he hadn't really given her any instructions on what to do. Swinging his legs over the couch and sitting up, he noticed glistening tears running down her face. Alarmed, Germany stood up and slowly walked over to her. He stopped about five feet away to her right.

"Do your wounds really hurt that much? I can call in the doctor now, if you'd like. Just... sit on the bed, okay?" He suggested, pointing to his neatly-made bed. Actually, Germany himself really didn't feel so hot either. He did lose a lot of men and resources over the past couple weeks trying to invade other countries, but it never showed.

To make matters worse, the German had little to no experience with girls, much less ones that he had recently taken everything from and captured as a prisoner.

(( xD n'aww...))

Denmark looked up at him as he offered tje bed. She started toward it, but just as she did - handcuffs. Handcuffs with long chains, but on the bedpost nonetheless. She knew of some people's fantasies... and those looked to keep her well in place. Stopping dead, sje didn't turn around to face him. And, the bed, he'd wanted her to go to the bed...

"What are you going to do to me?" she asked again. But this time, it was different - the stress on different letters. It was a question of what he himself was going to do, as opposed to his leader.

((Crappy before school post :'D))

((Haha, it's not bad :3))

"I'm not really sure yet. I might cuff you to the bedpost, although I suppose that would make it rather difficult for the doctor to treat your wounds." The blonde replied, tapping his chin. What kind of answer had she wanted? Then, realizing what kind of things she was worrying about, his cheeks tinted red and he frowned.

"Uh, nein. I will not go near you, unless it's for an important reason." Germany coughed, suddenly interested in everything but that topic. "I just thought sitting on the bed would be more comfortable than standing, that's all." He added.

The German, of course, wasn't into that kind of thing. A lot of his men probably were, though, and that was what worried him. They would probably expect him to do something to Denmark, but he concluded that taking control of her land was enough torture for her.

Denmark’s eyes widened. He hadn’t even flinched. Had Germany really become so evil, so quickly? So power hungry? She clenched her hands into fists, puffing up her shoulders as she turned around. It might be more painful, but she wasn’t going down without a fight. But then, she saw him – flushed cheeks, a meek expression.

The blonde simply hadn’t understood her. It seemed that such things weren’t even on his mind. The Dane’s hands drifted down to her sides, the fight evaporating out of her. Of course not. He wasn’t the type to do such a thing. Despite his testosterone fueled appearance and aggressive attitude, she couldn’t ever recall him being such a monster. “I’m sorry,” she whispered in an apology. “You never know who…”

She let the sentence trail off, feeling that the rest had been said already. Denmark stood there for a moment, glancing up only to meet his eyes once. “I am tired. Thank you.” She stiffly turned around and walked to the bed. Her action of sitting was delicate, only perching on the edge. It really was odd. Here she was, a prisoner, sitting on her captor’s bed. It smelled faintly of him, sort of musky and… her nose wouldn’t be put off by it.

((THE AWKWARD IS SO STRONG- :’D

Also-! I forgot something important in my form. One of Denmark’s top fruits produced is strawberries, so she has a faint scent of them floating about her. I dunno if you want Germany to have a particular smell too, so I kept it vague. xD ))

Shrugging, Germany gave the female a curt nod. Why Denmark was thanking him, he had no idea. Maybe she was just really nice? No, that couldn't be the case- at least, not at eh moment. Yes, the had been sort-of-allies a long, long time ago, but she had been cussing and fighting him the day before. So why.....?

Maybe it was because Germany himself wasn't really as mean as he looked.

Well, that was going by Italy's judgement.

The blonde watched his captive cautiously sit on the very edge of his bed. It almost seemed as if she were about to fall off.

"There's... a lot more room on the bed, you know. You've got it all to yourself." he said, confused by her strangeness. Of course, this was probably equally, if not more odd to the foreign country than it was for him.

"Do... you want me to get the doctor now?" the blonde added after a moment of silence.

((Teehee :3

Cool! STRAWBERRIES xD I'll use that to my/Germany's advantage... later. *Prussia laugh*

Um... I don't know, maybe just some manly man smell? X'D Smelling like beer would be awful and gross... and potatoes don't really smell like anything. >~< I think Germany smells like... Germany. lol))

Denmark twisted her hands in her lap, fingers entwined together. He made her think of a boy in man’s clothing. He wasn’t that young of a country, either. Maybe still just unbelievably oblivious. Did he really think that she was going to immediately stretch herself across the entirety of his bed? The one he had slept in, perhaps slept with others in? The bruise over her heart was sore, and so were the others, but she wasn’t going to show weakness that easily. She glanced up at him, only a slight flicker of dull blue eyes.

“…”

A hand drifted up to gently touch her cheek. At the contact, she winced – it was sore. The thought of a Nazi doctor seeing to her made her feel sick, but the Dane knew she should take the chance. If she fell sick, her country could suffer. “Ja,” she said, finally looking up at him properly. The brunette was a perceptive person; she watched how he held himself. The slight shifting of weight, the flicker of a frown by his eyes. He was hurting inside, maybe just like how she was. For a moment, she pitied him. Then she remembered what he had done to her, and many countries before.

Poor Netherlands had been hit very badly; she remembered the news on that day. And when England had declared war after the invasion of Poland… These had been hard times indeed. All because of Germany’s stupid dictator, who even he seemed to dislike. Why didn’t he take this leader down? Countries weren’t meant to, but… Maybe this should be the exception. Mongolia had probably thought the same with Genghis Khan.

((I initially thought of putting that ‘his’ smell was pine trees, or like a woody sort of smell. Due to the Black Forest and stuff… Plus, who doesn’t like the smell of trees and nature in general? X3 Smexy. It's up to you, though.

Also: I just watched Netherlands’ episode in Beautiful World. OMG. LOVE. :’D I once roleplayed him as an OC, but now that I see canon… Loooove.))

The German nodded and turned to the phone attached to the wall. He dialed the medical room's number and waited for an answer.

"Hello? Medical room." A make voice said.

"Yes, this is... Ludwig. Can you send my doctor to my room at once?" He asked, using the name that the humans called him. The receptionist complied and they both hung up.

The German had called his personal doctor, who was actually originally from England. He had been hired by the blonde long before the war had started, and had stayed since he was the only doctor Germany really trusted. Suspecting Denmark's unease of the war doctors, he deemed the personal one the better choice.

Hanging the phone back in its original place, Germany turned and faced his captive. She looked tired now, as if the pain from her wounds was just setting in. He didn't like hurting others intentionally, but his boss had ordered him to do so. And Germany's boss was not the kind of person he wanted to got on the bad side of.

"He'll be coming shortly. Hang in there, okay?"

((0w0 I like the idea of the woodsy scent.

I have yet to watch Beautiful World... I heard it's really good! ;3))

Last edited by a moderator:
Denmark shifted back slightly on the bed, at the least sitting a little more comfortably. He was quickly on the phone, calling himself, "Ludwig." Hadn't that been Beethoven's first name or something? Hm... Now, that was interesting. He was calling for his own doctor. Maybe he didn't want his boss to know. Perhaps she was just meant to suffer in this room.

The Dane didn't understand why he was trying to soothe her. He seemed to... care. She simply nodded to him, crossing her arms. At the least, her pain would be dulled. And that would be a relief.

((Before school post! :'D))

After a couple minutes, Germany's personal knocked on the door sharply. The tense man was startled by the sudden noise, but let him in.

"What can I do for you? Are you having chest pains again?" The doctor asked, curious eyes flickering from Denmark to the German.

"I didn't call for me. I'd like you to help Den-er, this captive. She's... in pain." He half-explained, gesturing towards Denmark. The doctor nodded and went over to take a look.

"May I?"

Denmark looked up when someone entered the room. A man entered; presumably the doctor. She watched him, listened to his voice when she noticed something strange. He spoke English to Germany. And he had the accent of an Englishman. It was possible that he was a German with a very weak accent, but...

"Ja." Standing up, she brushed back her hair so that he could better see the cuts. Her blue eyes flitted over to her captor before going back to the doctor. "You... are English?" she asked, suddenly feeling self aware of her accent. It was interesting that he would be serving here. At least he wasn't German. At least he might have a gentle hand and a soft heart. The English people were interesting at times - but better than a born and bred Nazi.

((OMG. Should one of them have nightmares? :D Oh, the angst...

Den could be having nightmares through her people or something.))

"At one point in time I did live there, yes." the doctor nodded, moving closer. "I'm not exactly sure you can call me an Englishman, though. There was an accident, and a man named Arthur sent me out of the country. Ludwig found me and took me into his country. He hired me and gave me... a home." he rambled on absently, looking up and down at the cuts on the Dane's arms. After a minute, he began to inspect the scratches and cuts on Denmark's face.

Germany silently pleaded for the doctor to stop, not wishing for any of the past to reveal itself. Yes, he might have been nicer back then, but now that was seen as weakness. In fact, his current boss had seen it that way and had punished him for it. Later, he would describe it as 'whipping Germany into shape'. Literally. Shaking his head, the blonde watched the inspection continue.

"Hmm... no ordinary blade can make injuries quite like these. You... are the same kind as Ludwig, no?" the doctor asked, furrowing his brows at the sight of the slash across Denmark's nose.

((Yes! Haha, I feel kinda bad about being enthusiastic about this... xD ))

Aha. Her guess had been correct. Denmark relaxed ever so slightly in his presence. He felt sort of safe, in this bad place. His touch was gentle, as she had hoped. So he had been forced out of his home too. "Perhaps we can understand each other," she commented softly.

The Englishman had come across the marks on her face. She nodded, slightly surprised he had picked them up. The marks were different to those of a blade - they looked more like deep papercuts. Smooth around the edges, but deep and sore. "Ja. I am Denmark," she said, not really caring if Germany had intended for her not to reveal this. They would know her name.

((Don't worry; I feel the same :'D))

"Indeed," the doctor nodded. "Ah. I am sorry that you have lost your land for the time being. I traveled there once, a long time ago. It was very pretty." he took out a jar of cream from the small bag he had been carrying. Unscrewing the lid, he dipped two fingers in it and spread some across the cuts. "This will help with the pain. I'm afraid there's not much else I can do unless your land is healed. Is there anything else you'd like me to take a look at?"

Meanwhile, Germany wondered if he might be able to persuade his boss to remove some of the troops from Denmark. He knew the pain of land wounds, and he didn't wish that upon his captive.

((:3))

((THAT SMILEY IS SO CUTE! :D ))

Denmark smiled gently at his compliment of her land. She worked hard to keep it that way – sustainable development was just starting to form as an idea. And she made sure her body was healthy so that her land and people were as well. Each affected the other, so they had to look after one another. The Dane stiffened as he brushed against the scabbing wounds, but the coolness of the cream immediately soothed the pain.

“No, no. As you said, it is from my land. One day, it will dull and I will get used to it. But thank you,” she said, making sure to be polite. It would never hurt to have an acquaintance in this place, even if he was very close to Germany. She took a step back, to sit down on the bed again tiredly. Denmark looked back up to the blond in the room, opening her mouth as if it to say something. Then, thinking better of it, she closed her mouth and gave her head a small shake.

((Haha xD was not expecting it to turn into that lol))

"Alright. I'll probably come back in a couple days to check in on you again." the doctor replied, patting Denmark's head. Then, looking up at Germany, he added "If that's okay with you, of course."

"Ja." the German replied curtly. His doctor walked to the door, patted his old friend's shoulder, and left with a salute to the two countries. He noticed that Denmark had looked at him, but didn't say anything. He wondered what was going on in her mind. Maybe confusion, since he had captured her but wasn't abusing her? Just because his boss was basically evil didn't mean he was. Maybe she was tired and wanted him to go farther into the corner. Or maybe she just wanted a glass of water.

"You're allowed to talk, you know..." Germany sighed, running a hand through his hair. He really was stressing out too much.

Denmark glanced up as her head was patted. Huh? Had he just...? She blinked as he saluted, appreciating the gesture. She raised a hand in reply - but he was gone. The woman folded her hands in her lap, not too sure of what to do now.

At Germany's comment, she finally looked at him properlty. What was she meant to say to him? 'Thanks for keeping me hostage so nicely'? That wasn't going to fly well. After a couple of moments, she sighed. "What am I supposed to be doing now? Waiting for this war to be over?"

((Tired - night xD )

Her question made Germany think for a moment. What was he going to have her do?

"My boss wants me to put you to work, but I can't give you the same tasks as the others." he thought aloud. Poland and the others usually had to fix up the garden or paint a wall or something requiring a lot more effort that just sitting in a cell for the whole day. "Maybe you could... clean up the building?" he suggested. "What other jobs are there?"

Of course, the blonde wasn't going to just keep Denmark in his room until the war was over. That would be very unproductive and just plain awkward.

((Bye! :3))

Denmark watched him uttering his thought process aloud. So. Cleaning? This was... humiliating. She would be a slave to the Nazis. But - it would be better to be a slave maid to being a slave in the bed... And besides, at least then she could get out and about. Find out how the war was going; what all the plans are.

"I... would not mind that," she said stiffly. It was probably her best option of all. The Dane thought she'd better take it on while she could.

((I'm sorry; i need to go off and do school work now xD ))

"Really? Okay then. Starting tomorrow, I'll have you tidy up some areas the require cleaning." Germany said, finalizing the plan. Although he really wasn't too keen on letting Denmark move about freely in the fortress-like building, it was better than keeping her flopped up in his room. Besides, Austria could keep an eye on her while he was working, or maybe Japan.

Averting his gaze to the window, the blonde noticed that the sky had turned mostly navy. It was going to be time to sleep soon, but he didn't mention that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back