• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Hetalia ~ The Eagle and the Swan

Denmark dipped her head in response, looking across at him from the bed she was seated upon. Even if she couldn’t do anything, it would be a point of interest. Who knew how long it would be before she was released? If she was released? Going stir crazy wasn’t an attractive prospect. She glanced toward the window as well; the sky outside was growing darker. It had been a very long day. Unable to help herself, she covered her mouth with a hand in a failed effort to stifle a yawn (it looked weak!). Then, she blinked, remembering she was going to be sharing a room with Germany.

Well, this could be awkward. Was it really better than being in with the other men? To be honest, she actually didn’t know. Being with the enemy but ‘safe,’ or with the enemies of her enemies (friends?) and unsafe… Not that she had any choice in the matter, anyway. The temperature drop was starting to become noticeable; she longed to go underneath these covers and just sleep all of this away.

"Okay, I guess... it's time for bed now. I don't really have anything you can change into... sorry. All I have is my stuff." The German sighed, moving over to the couch again. He took off his pine-colored army jacket since he had a black shirt underneath and threw it on the cushions. It sort of floated over but landed where he had intended it to nonetheless.

"Also, I'm going to have to cuff you to the post. Boss's rules." He added after a moment. Luckily, they were the long kind of handcuffs, so Denmark could reapply be anywhere on the large-ish bed without resistance.

((Weekend!! :'D))

Denmark hadn't expected there to be any clothing. Although, her uniform was a bit gross by now. Sort of bloodstained and sweaty... But it was Danish, nonetheless. It fleetingly crossed her mind to ask him if she could wear some sort of fresh clothing he might have for prisoners or low ranking officers - but how could she wear the sign of the Nazis? No. Her clothing was that of her homeland. To wear the flag of Germany voluntarily would be an unforgivable offence.

At his orders, she sighed shortly, heavily. Cuffing her to the bedpost... No way of escape if anything happened. But it was his orders, and she was the prisoner. It wasn't as if she could disobey his orders anyway. He could overpower her so easily in this state. Her small hands clenched into fists for a moment, before she relaxed them. "Okay," she whispered, feeling rather heavily defeated.

((Yaaay!!! X3))

Germany respected the fact that even though her clothes were visibly filthy, Denmark didn't ask for any out of pride. However, he didn't appreciate her getting his bed dirty. Maybe he could ask Austria if he had any of Miss Hungary's clothes from when she was under his protection. Actually, he probably did, although what use it had to him would have to be left unknown.

He felt bad about having to chain Denmark to the bed, but he couldn't have her escaping at night. "Right, then..." the German muttered, moving over to the woman. He picked up the long, silver handcuffs and brought them over with him. "Hand, please."

((I am so happy you don't even know :'D So much homework though omg... will do tomorrow xD ))

Denmark apprehensively watched the tall man approach her. She was in his bed, awaiting him. How peculiar this situation was. And now, here was the part she would hate. She knew it. The heavy wrists, the coldness of the cuffs themselves... She held up her hands, looked him in the face instead of at what he was doing. Did this really feel right to him?

((Yeah... I think I'll save my homework until Sunday night at 9:30... lol))

An extremely guilty feeling washed into the blonde man's conscience as he looked down at Denmark. Her eyes were not filled with hate or resentment, but with... some sort of sad disappointment.

"Look, I'm sorry I have to do this, but I can't risk you running off in the middle of the night. Maybe if you earn more trust, I'll be able to let you off without the cuffs. But for now, I... I can't risk it." He said, taking one of her hands. The Dane's skin was pleasantly warm and slightly rough from fighting, yet smooth in his callused in his hand. He clipped one of the clasps around her wrist and the other on the bedpost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Denmark simply nodded. She could see how it was. But she hated this. Germany was gentle when he took her hand - surprisingly so. He really was showing remorse, his icy eyes softened. And once again, pity crept into her heart. Was she really the prisoner here? At least she was free to do as she pleased, fight as hard as she wanted to to escape. He had to treat people he might've used to be friends with as if they were enemies, prisoners. She silently withdrew, pushing herself up against the headboard, just... looking at him.

Then, after a moment, she averted her eyes and shifted down such that she was lying down. The blond wasn't going to do anything to her. She understood that now.

Germany felt bad for doing this to Denmark- really, he did. But there wasn't any other option. He flashed a worried gaze up at her one last time before turning away. At least she felt a tiny bit more comfortable here, if at all.

"You're welcome to use the blankets, it gets quite cold in here." The German added, unlocking a nearby drawer and taking out a lighter. He lit three candles spread around the room, and put the lighter back. Then, after locking the drawer back up, he turned off the lights. In the lambent light, he made his way over to the couch and pulled his jacket over his shoulders.

Denmark didn't hhave need of the blankets - it was summer in Europe, and it wasn't too cold this time of year. She laid her head on the pillow, lying on her back in the middle of the bed. The handcuff jangled at her wrist when she moved it. His scent was all around her, reminding her strongly of the woodlands. And something else too... Him. But the smell reminded her of her own home, and she just laid there, trying to block out where she was.

((Shall we say each day is a couple of months?

Also: time skip to nightmares after your post?))

(bump)

((Yes to both :3 and sorry for late reply, the wifi has been relatively glitchy :\))

The room was almost silent, minus the countries' breathing, shifting, and occasional clinks from Denmark's chain. After a while, he wondered if she was still awake.

"..... good night..." Germany whispered extremely quietly, not sure if he was hoping she would hear him or not. Either way, it was getting late, so the bloonde closed his eyes and waited for the darkness to take him to the land of dreams.

((no prob :P ))

Denmark slipped into an uneasy sleep in the unfamiliar bed. She was fine for the first hour or two, everything quiet except for the sounds of each of them breathing. Then, in the very early hours of the morning, she started tossing and turning. Her chains clinked against eachother as she moved. Mutters started to escape her mouth, and she mumbled. "No... Please..." Although she wasn't completely aware, she knew what was happening in her dreams. Quick scenes of Nazi soldiers shouting at her people - they had stars on their arms. Danish Jews. A woman slapped when she tried to say something. A man holding his young son tightly, muttering prayers in Danish. "No! Tyskland... Stop!" Still she slept, but fitfully, tears leaking onto her pillow.

Germany had always been a relatively light sleeper, causing him to get little to no sleep during times of war. It was mostly due to his fear of being caught off guard, though other factors played in as well. His eyes shot open at the sound of a faint voice calling out in anguish. Why was there someone in his room? What were they doing in there? The blonde cautiously sat up and looked around. His gaze landed on the bed, which was occupied. The earlier day's events flooded Germany's mind, and he laid back down. There was nothing to worry about... right? He listened to the room's silence until heard mutters from Denmark again. Was she okay? Would she freak out if he went over to find out what was going on? In theory, he was stronger than the female, so a surprise attack wouldn't be a problem. He decided to see what was wrong.

((I forgot to add that Tyskland means Germany xD ))

Denmark shivered in the dark. His smell was all around her, suffocating yet soothing. But it was still him, even if it did remind her of home. "Tyskland... Stop... Germany..." she mumbled, hands turning into tight fists that gripped her pillow. Sobs began racking up in her chest. Her people were suffering. There was so much pain. "Please!" The last word came out in a shout, and yet still her people were in her mind, all around her. She felt them, she was seeing through their eyes.

((Oh... xD ok))

Germany quietly made is way over to the bed, jumping when he heard Denmark shout with an unmeasurable amount of sorrow and pain. Was she... crying? Was it his fault? Clenching his jaw, the blonde slowly reached over to poke the female's arm. He didn't, though, and instead hovered over it. Having no experience with this kind of thing unfortunately showed.

"Dänemark... you are having a bad dream..." he whispered softly. Then, not knowing if she had woken up or not, he placed his hand on her upped arm and gently shook her.

((And yes, that means Denmark... you probably knew though. Haha.))

((OMG I didn't even realise you replied ;-; *headdesk*))

Denmark tossed and turned, before someone took her from the land of nightmares. She yelled, reaching out with a blind grab. A hand closed around fabric, and she yanked the (large) person closer to her. Her eyes were wide with fright, and she sort of just looked at him for a few moments.

Then, she released him, a bit embarrassed. The Dane had lost face there. She sat up, pushing herself up against the headboard. She wiped at her face with the back of her hand, averting her eyes. Her heart hammered hard in her chest, and she was still breathing quickly. Denmark risked a glance at him from under lowered eyelashes, hating her weakness.

((Lol it's fine xD ))

Germany felt himself being pulled across the bed. Later, he probably would've realized that he was strong enough to prevent that, but for some reason, he didn't. Unfortunately for him, that meant being sprawled out on the blankets next to Denmark. Looking up, he noticed how embarrassed and scared she seemed to be, but at the same time poorly masking it with feigned toughness.

"Nightmares, ja? I... get them too, sometimes." He muttered quietly after her breathing evened a little.

((You must go grab who you want in my other RP :3))

Denmark's eyes had adjusted to the dark by then. She could see him, sort of splayed out across the blankets. Because of her going mental. The fight had sunk out of her. She had the fierceness of a Viking when the situation demanded it, but in general she was quite quiet and sensitive. Reasoning had caught up with her - her boss had forced her to do terrible things in the past as well. And now he was looking at her with ice-blue eyes that had something like sympathy in them.

She mutely nodded, fiddling with the duvet beneath her. "Ja," she whispered. "I saw them... My people, they..." Feeling her insides shake, Denmark clenched her jaw and looked away. She was drenched in a cold sweat. "It... is not entirely your fault is it?" she said quietly, almost to herself.

((I will. =3= Actually, question: I need to pick three, right?))

"I wish I could say that it wasn't. But my boss is a part of my county, is he not?" He replied with a touch of sadness lacing his voice. "War brings sadness and pain and leaves nightmares in the craters where dreams used to thrive." Maybe he wasn't responsible for what his boss thought and felt. But he felt responsible for returning that he did. The Jews and other innocent people his boss wished to eradicate were a part of Germany, too. When they were killed, a part of him was as well.

So yes, he knew exactly what Denmark was going through right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
((No; I should probably change my wording. xD Three max, I don't mind how many otherwise lol))

Denmark leaned forward, gently hugging her knees in a defensive position. Germany sounded sad. And it was reminding her that he was just like her, too - she could have been him if her boss had been him, if history had been somewhat different... She'd heard that his boss was doing similar things within his own country as he was doing to others. Maybe he was hurting too.

"We shouldn't have war. We should be above it by now," she muttered. The sentiment was irrational, but her heart was literally hurting with the heartbreak of her people. "But we'll never be rid of it..." Her voice broke as she hid her face on her knees, fingers clutching the fabric of her pants - Danish pants - tightly. And her shoulders shook as she hated herself, she hated this world, the ugly place they lived in. As a country, you never got the luxury of forgetting pain and loss. You never had the luxury of loved ones growing old with you; they died as you stayed the same as you always were. She'd lost a few human lovers. During the Viking times, she'd even had a husband. He was long gone now.

The Dane looked back up again, gently wavy hair a mess. Silently, she let her knees drop back down from her chest, and she held up a hand. For a handshake. That was the least she could do.

((Oh, ok. :3 I shall work on that after this reply.))

By the tone of her voice, he could tell that Denmark was on the exact same wavelength as he was. Almost every fight, battle, and war had seemed to revolve around him and his stupid, violence-loving bosses. Sometimes Germany wanted to be a smaller country, one that nobody knew existed, or maybe a human. Sometimes he thought that if his country disappeared, he would too. But take a look at Prussia- still present and annoying as ever.

When Denmark stuck out her hands, Germany flinched. Then, realizing she only wanted a handshake, he shook his head.

"We cannot be at peace until..." He trailed off, pulling out a key from his pocket and unlocking her cuff. The blonde pulled it off and set it on the floor.

"We will be free from it one day." He said hopefully, taking Denmark's hand in his and giving it a firm shake.

Denmark saw how he thought she would hit him. There wouldn't have been any point for her to do so. But it showed how he expected her to behave toward him. Maybe he did deserve to be pummelled by her. Maybe there were things she didn't yet know.

What he did next surprised her. A key, a loosening around her wrists. And she was free. He enveloped her hand in his large one, shaking it. His grip was very firm to her - but she concealed any form of surprise. She smiled sadly, returning the gesture. "One day," she agreed. Her heart was still heavy. Still sore. But it felt ever so slightly better for this gesture of camaraderie.

After their exchange, Germany felt a sort of weight being lifted from his heart, or maybe his conscience. It was good to know that Denmark shared the same kind of hope as he did. In fact, it sort of felt like the kind of relationship they had before all the wars broke out. They weren't exactly friends, but they weren't enemies, either.

The other country still looked hurt and sad, which made Germany want to follow Italy's Women Rules and hug her. He didn't, though, out of respect for her pride

(( xD XD xD My chest hurts from that, it's so funny. Italy's Women Rules??? What are they? Ahahahha I'm dying-))

Denmark folded her hands in her lap, interlocking her fingers. She softly sighed, leaning back against the headboard once more. It was relaxing to be sat back like this. She could feel that her heart had slowed down, and she wasn't crying any longer. Reaching up with her hands, she rubbed her face with the back of her sleeves. It was sort of wet from her crying.

"What is the time?"

She had glanced out of the window, and it seemed that dawn was just beginning to break. Faint streaks of light stretched out across the indigo night sky, and the stars glinted before starting to fade and disappear.

((Hmm... I should make a list in the other chat we have. xD ))

The German got off the bed slowly so that he didn't make much noise and picked up one of the candles that was somehow still burning. He brought it over to the wall clock and read it.

"It's 5:15. I'll be waking up the others in 45 minutes." Turning to Denmark, he noticed that get outline was visible. "What would you like to do? If you wish to sleep longer, I can tell then to be quiet."

Denmark blinked in the dark. It was almost like he was offering her to sleep in longer. No matter the situation, he stayed the same way - polite and efficient.

"No, that is fine. I cannot sleep in any case," she admitted. The screams were still ringing in her head. She rubbed her eyes, yawned. Then, she ran a finger through her hair, as she slid forward such that her legs hung over the edge of the bed. The Dane remembered then - she was to be a maid. To clean. At least it would keep her busy. She glanced down to Germany.

"What is the plan?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back