Heroes of Tomorrow

Sera

Sera managed to dissipate the force as much as possible and managed to straight up punch two stalagmites into fragments, but the others tore at her sides, hips, and legs. Blood dripped from wherever she was hit and it almost looked like, for just a second, she was down for the count. Yet, still, she got to her feet through a strained expression.

Sera could barely walk, with all the things that had torn at her sides. A person with no defenses would've probably died from blood loss. She decided to keep on going. Her eyes narrowed as she floated into the air, and like that she shot herself towards Toby at high speeds, forming a barrier of telekinetic force in front of her. The instant she stopped, inches from his face, all the force was sent hurling forwards harder than she's actually hit this fight.

@Cipah

Alarmed by her sudden appearance before him, Toby was hit with the blast that followed her. He was catapulted back, colliding with a far wall and falling to the ground. He didn't move an inch, but a small pool of blood accumulated around him.

His vision was black, obscured by blood pouring down from his head. That was unexpected, he thought. She can move even faster than I can register. I barely saw her approach me. He opened his mouth to groan, but instead gurgled. It was quite embarrassing, to be honest. Humiliating even. Toby wouldn't stand for it. Well, it seemed he wouldn't stand at all for a short while. He attempted to focus his frazzled senses in order to muster some kind of mental ability, though it was proving to be somewhat difficult.

@JPax

Sera

Traveling with that much speed with that many injuries wasn't good for Sera either. She lay sprawled a few feet from Toby with her own metallic blood dancing around her body where she was sliced up by stalagmites. The thing was that Sera somehow kept on going beyond her body's limit. Fighting a telekinetic was like fighting a wrestler with super strength who was invisible and could beat you up from a distance. Without a reason to fight anymore, Sera's body gave in as she lay unconscious on the ground.

Her eyes opened narrowly, but the instant they did she was bombed by blinding lights of the training room. Sera felt her mouth fall open slightly as she watched blood drip from it. The wounds along her body from the stalagmites stung painfully, and they left nothing but exposed skin which was only covered by the color of her blood. And then she felt herself pass out with her head tilted to the sky.

@Cipah

Toby, his mind slightly together after a while of waiting, shakily lifted his shattered body into the air with telekinesis. The process set his head on fire, but he held it together. He slowly drifted towards Sera, hovering over her and gazing downwards.

"Hey…" he muttered, looking down at her. "You ok?"

He focused and began to lift her to him slightly, taking a gamble on whether his mind could handle its current state. He slowly brought her up to him so he could get a better look at her, using the same telekinesis to attempt to keep the strange blood within her body.

@JPax

Sera

Sera tried to speak but, all she did was able to turn towards him and nod. Even though she implied she was okay, she wasn't okay at all. She slowly got to her feet the best she could and hovered there with flight, though that hurt her as much as running did. Well, without actually running. Sera wiped some blood off of her mouth and nodded again before collapsing again.

@Cipah

He watched her crumple, too tired to register any surprise. He gave her a cursory glance, looking over her injuries. He didn't know why he bothered—he had no clue whether she was going to die from her injuries or not.

"You're pretty good at fighting… are you gonna die?" He felt quite awkward, floating above her as she lay there injured. Did he go too far? He had to fight as hard as he did, right?

@JPax

Sera

Sera shook her head. Die? No, she's faced far worse than Toby. "Nh." She slowly rolled onto her stomach while keeping her face mashed against the ground. At this point, it wasn't pain. Really it was just laziness. Sera didn't want to get up at all.

Eventually, she got the motivation to get up and rolled over again, this time getting to her feet. "Fine...guess I owe you. You won. That means I'm going to patch up your wounds." Sera pulled Toby out of the air and awkwardly began to carry him, as she floated towards the first aid kits. "So...uh...how you feeling...?"

@Cipah

"No… hurts… how are you ok…" The blood stained her back slightly, something Toby felt quite bad about. Relieved of his telekinesis, his suddenly felt quite tired. His vision blurred between black and white. Was he a worthless hero? He couldn't even bring down one girl. Perhaps Strangest could simply tear him limb from limb. Soon the act of remaining conscious was too taxing on the boy and he slipped away, going limp in the young girl's grip.

@JPax

Sera

Sera carried the unconscious boy to a stretcher near the first aid kits and set him down. Why couldn't Sierra get beds? Nobody knows. Sera grabbed a first aid kit and opened it. The first thing she decided to do was deal with the head injuries. A cold ice pack was placed on the top of his head while Sera began to wrap his head with bandages.

"Jeez. Did we take it too far?" Sera laughed as she began to bandage his arms. Thankfully, HOT had things to deal with broken limbs rather quickly since the city council feared that heroes with broken arms couldn't do anything. It was an advantage that other organizations didn't share.

@Cipah

UOyX57v.jpg

Qsa and Qtai

"You know what...let's just go ahead and fuck up a bank. That sounds like a good." Qsa sighed and frustratedly shoved an alcohol bottle away. This was about to get intense really fast, simply because she didn't know where the vigilantes were. Qtai squealed in delight as she grabbed another bottle and began shoving it into her mouth.

The bus began to follow the man with the little girl rather conspicuously, when Qsa yelled out the window. "So, whatchya gonna do with that little girl out there?"

@Broncos @Theflamre

Toby lingered in semi-consciousness for quite a while. He could feel the many pains and aches emanating from his body and he felt the time pass it would in the real world. It felt a while later when his eyes fluttered open. The pain that he felt in his semi-sleep returned in full force and caused him to groan loudly.

"Oww... what happened...?" he asked, though he had no clue if anyone was still there.

@JPax

Fiddle Andrake

"seeing what I can get away with" he responds and in all honestly he was, he was going to gore this small child in horrifying ways and see what happened see where peoples limits were and see who would respond to it all was rather interested in its own right the thought of it was interesting he had never done this sort of thing in public before at least not in from of people who would think anything of it. "why are you following?" he asks not angry just curious

@JPax

Last edited by a moderator:

Sera

Sera didn't move much when Toby was unconscious. She remained around, bandaging him up. When she finished in a rather short amount of time, the girl sat down at the end of Toby's bed and waited for him. Sera didn't bother tending to her own wounds and as such kept her torn and bloody clothes on. It was quite disgusting to say at the least, but it's not like she minded.

When Toby finally appeared to have woken up, Sera shifted on the bed and quickly lay his head back down. "Shh, you're fine. We fought, I lost." This was more or less true, she went down right after the last attack. She tried to give him a warm smile, but all that came over was a face of concern and worry.

@Cipah

"You lost? Dunno how that happened. I'm the one that's a wreck." He chuckled, grimacing at the pain as he did so. His mind was on fire. "Could you pass me a pill?" he asked. "They're in my left pocket." He clumsily gestured with his head as he spoke, causing the pain to come alive once again. Colours became bright and melded together within his vision. His words stopped making sense to him and his tongue stopped attempting to make them. His brain attempted to work at a level far beyond any human brain should. He began to breathe faster and sweat. His fingers felt like they were going to shed their skin, so he dug them into the mattress to stop them.

"I really need them." He spoke with teeth threatening to jump from his skull and tongue that tried to wrench itself from his mouth. He was having some trouble containing himself—quite literally, unfortunately.

@JPax

Sera

"Well, I lost because you got me with that last one." Sera straightened Toby's head and pulled a pill out of the bottle. She quickly put it in his mouth and sprinted off to get some water. Getting water was pretty straight forward except for having to avoid Sierra and Mr. Light. When she came back, she quickly set it down on the table next to Toby before taking a seat on the bed right next to him again. 

"Wow. Hey if you need anything I'm here. Do you need help getting back to your room? Do you need more bandages? Do you need more food? Do you need food? Do you need a companion? Are you lonely? Are you gay? Sorry the last question was out of place. But are you okay?"

@Cipah

Toby took the water and swallowed the pill along with a mouthful of it. He placed the cup back down and smiled.

"I'll be fine," he said. "You're pretty alright, y'know?" He sat himself up, trying to ignore the pain. He knocked the water from the table and caught the falling liquid with telekinesis. He manipulated it around him, ensuring his abilities were working as they should. Nothing wrong here. All is benign.

"Hey, how come you freaked out when you first saw me? It was something to do with the telekinesis, right? I've been wondering why…"

@JPax

Sera

Sera looked down at her hands. "Just...I could hear it. Is all. It's the second time I've seen telekinesis." She hoped that was good enough to say something about her senses. That's why Sera talked, walked, and did everything so silently. Because if she didn't, it'll hurt. Sera turned back to Toby and tilted her head. "So...that's about it. We should, um, sleep. Going unconscious isn't sleep." 

Sera got off the stretcher and held an arm out. "Need help?"

@Cipah

He was about to comment, but decided against it. He took her hand and smiled.

"Thanks."

He felt sorry for her, in a way. She seemed to be put in a poor condition with her abilities, like he was. While his body wasn't a sufficient container for his abilities, she was too sensitive to his abilities. He'd never heard of anyone being able to hear telekinesis before. It sounded pretty amazing. He wondered if she could hear his attacks coming in their fight. He didn't ask, though. As they walked and she supported him, he felt like it didn't matter all that much. His body and mind felt tired and his eyelids dropped low. He would sleep soundly tonight.

@JPax

Lunatic laughed and said "Hostage tacker eh? Well, I'm half surprised a hero hasn't tried to come yet, must be incapable of a proper response. Here's a better way to draw them out,". He then cleared his throat and shouted to the amassing crowd "Citizens of Empire City, to make things as clear as day for those heroes up in that pesky little tower of yours: Come out or we are going to cut this kid up into little tiny pieces!"

@JPa @JPax @Theflamre

(Hey JPax, maybe you could bring one of your characters over? Or maybe Sera and Toby can stop them?)

Sera

As Sera walked Toby to his room, her eyes got a calm expression as they stepped into the silence. It was awfully loud, just like the world, but bearable. Pleasant, in fact. She awkwardly lifted him up and set him on the bed, cracking another smile. "Goodnight."

Sera tried to walk out but instead found the ground comfortable. She stretched out on the ground (unfortunately, in her bloody clothes), and fell asleep. Again, Sera lay there sprawled. Though this time, she was with a peaceful smile on her face. 

@Cipah

Hilbert

"Hmm?" Hilbert's phone began to ring. "Hello?" After what seemed to be a conversation containing "Gotcha" and "Alright I'll do that," he hung up. He looked straight at Rera and said, "Dad's gotta head back to Starlight. Appranately The Heezy is plotting something... again. It's been over 20 years and I still gotta beat his ass again. Anyways... take care alright? You and the girl can live in this place anytime. I basically own this part of the building now." With that he would head on out and took the bus then the train back to Starlight City. While true there was Qsa, if the HOT was there then they could stop her. It should be fine... well at least he hoped.

@JPax @Echo Dreamsong (I'm gonna use another character instead. Besides I think it's better that way. Hilbert's story is for somewhere else. Yep.)

Toby watched her through slightly open eyes as she made the floor her bed. Her smiled as the lids closed, turning his world black. It was time to dream the pain away, he thought. Leave tomorrow's troubles for the next day.

He felt relaxed in bed. Warm, happy. It had been a time since he last felt that way. The lab he was kept in was always cold. He felt warmth, inside and out, and he liked it.

Drift, drift, drift off to sleep.

@JPax

Users who are viewing this thread

Back