• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Heroes of Kingland

Drake sat in his office, signing papers, reading over documents. He stopped momentarily, and lifted the photograph of he and his sister. Reminiscent of before the war became as brutal as it is now, his childhood days spent with his beloved sister. The captain almost felt guilty leaving when he was 14, becoming a knight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My eyes lit up. Finally someone that I could relate to.

"Android weapons...I know a lot about them but I would prefer what weapon people want first before going to int depth about the weapon."

I said with a slight smile. At least this woman was being professional to me. I may have extremely high standards but it doesn't mean that those standards are rigid. They flex to allow change.

3 knocks on Captain Drake's door were given by a women who had fair skin, glasses, her hair tied back tightly in a bun, and dressed neatly. "Excuse me captain but a commoner wishes to see you. He says that his.. daughter, could use a firearm and her skills were second to none. He refuses to leave." She spoke with a sharp tone while speaking of the girl's skill, as if she didn't believe and that the man's words were all a bluff.

"Bring him in" Captain Drake responded setting the picture in his hands down. "This had better be good" he growled as he folded his arms. "What's your name officer?" Drake asked curiously.

As the women let the man and his daughter in, it was obvious they both were poor. "Nice to meet you Captain. My name is George Bently. This is my daughter" he said, gesturing to the young girl who stood silently next to him. She carried a sniper rifle around her back which was attached to a long piece of thick black leather. "Well actually. No.. She isn't my daughter. I actually found her in the woods about 4 years back." His facial expression changed to a pitiful one. "But I do not lie when I say her skills with the firearm is quiet astonishing!" George spoke proudly with a determined smile. "She is young. I'm aware but do not underestimate her!"

"Head outside. Think of some way to test your boast. If she truly impresses me consider her part of squad 5. If not, quite frankly I will consider this a waste of time sir" The captain told the man as he stood from his chair, heading out of the door.

"Y-Yes! Come on honey.." He said leading his mute daughter. They followed behind the Captain until they reached the outside training grounds. "Alright! Show him what you can do!" George spoke with confidence. Minnie gave him a small nod before taking a loaded pistol from under her oversized shirt. She loaded the chambers and aimed for the closes target which was about 40 feet away. Aiming the gun, she pulled the trigger and right on the dot. Than with a swift movement she shot the other 6 behind the one she shot. Each one getting farther and farther away until it was 180 feet. All the targets were all shot within a few seconds and shot right in the center. "Well?! Didn't I tell you she was good?" George said with amazement in his tone, expecting the Captain to be amazed too.

"Very well. She may enlist, and she shall be under my care" Captain Drake told George as he looked him up and down. "What do you do? For a living" he asked looking to Minnie as well.

"Thank you! Thank you!" George said with a jolly smile. "Minnie, say thank you!" he asked of her but she only nodded. Hearing the question, he seemed surprised since most higher ups never really cared for commoners like them. "Oh. Well I am a merchant. I sell weaponry I make myself. Minnie sometimes goes into the forest and hunts animals to sell in the market. Why do you ask Captain?"

"I'll see to it you have a job in the armory, and a home on base if that's what you wish" Drake told him. Perhaps it was pity, more likely it was him seeing a bit of himself in the girl

George's face lit up at the sound of the offer. "T-thank you! Thank you so much! I shall make the best weapons you have ever used! I am grateful to you. Thank you again!" He said graciously. "Minnie will train very hard. You will, right Minnie?" She just gave another nod as she put her pistol away. George patted her head and gave her a warm smile, "That's my girl"

"Follow me" Drake commanded as he walked inside with the girl. "You're quiet. A valuable asset I prefer" he stated as he stood before the recruits. "Training begins tomorrow. Lights out in 30 minutes" he informed them.

Minnie nodded at Captain Drake's orders. She walked in the bunker where all of squad 5 stayed. It seemed the corner bed wasn't taken so she instantly went for it. Of corse armies don't include children so she was the youngest of the rest. She laid her weapons, except for the daggers, leaded against the wall on the corner of her bed. Everyone seemed familiar with one another already, although she assumed that none of them would want to be friends with a 14 year old.

Med waved happily at the newcomer and was happy to see such a young face but it as well saddened him. For those so young shouldn't have to lose their innocence as easily as many had, himself included. Prepared to introduce himself to the yougin' the door to his right gradually opened and revealed a short womens face peaking around the door until she spotted Med to which she spoke hesitantly especially in the presence of Drake.

"Ivan came down to tell you that they needed you at the house Tawni has fallen and refuses to stand or put pressure on her right foot." Meds eyes widened in concern and began towards the door instantly mumbling small words that where nearly incomprehensible but one could catch small things, enough to know that he was continuisly calling his younger sibling his baby.

Despite he knew he should tell those of higher authority before leaving grounds early he continued towards the door. But finally took that in mind and halted and turned around to face Drake his hand gripping the door knob.

"I'll be back in the morning, try not tell anyone...Please..." Minnie whined the last word, for the last thing he needed was trouble for leaving on the first day.

"No worries. Do what you need to do" Drake responded, nodding affirmatively. He left his office, turning the lights off of the barracks, and entering his adjoining room.

Minnie laid her head on the thin pillow before staring at the ceiling. She couldn't sleep because of the still air. Back at the cottage you could hear animals and the wind was always blowing. She was not used to this type of environment yet. Minnie stared at the ceiling for a good half an hour before she started to hear snoring and thought it should be time to go to sleep. She closed her eyes and almost instantly blacked out.

Med groaned in relief as he felt like he was going to crumble from how grateful he was. For if anyone stood a chance to being as protective of siblings as Drake it was this single Saint.

"Thank you," he breathed out before waving farewell hastily to those within the room and rushing outside of the room and down the corridor. Taking what turns where needed for him to return back outside and begin towards his and his families home. Which stood very lowly within a neighborhood of matching cottages, the surrounding land nearly untouched by the city. When he made it home he pushed open the door frantically, the knob slamming into the wall and surely leaving a dent.

"I'm here children!"

(Retiring for the night, or well day..)

(Survey time! How in depth would you guys like to go into your training? I don't want to spend an awful lot of time, and have it go very slowly. I've got a lot planned for this RP. Let me know what you would all prefer)

(I suppose it's settled. I'll be heading off to bed. Training begins tomorrow!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back