• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Heroes of Kingland

The next day arrives quickly, and the recruits are awakened bright and early, and sent to their designated areas of training.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Minnie stood in the training grounds with both her guns, wearing the same ragged clothing as yesterday, which had holes and what not but that was the best clothing she owned. The clothing she wore were actually men's clothing since it was cheaper than female. Minnie observed the others which were made up of mostly male, this army were mostly made up of male. With her hair tied back, she actually looked somewhat like a male herself, well except for her height. She looked like a boy who hadn't hit puberty yet, and she probably sounded like one too. Honestly, she didn't care whether people mistook her for a boy or not, she just looked forward to training.

Last edited by a moderator:
Med had returned to the base early that morning after helping Ivan prepare their morning meal as the rest slept soundly in one of the two rooms they where designated within as the saint would sleep on the couch as usual.

The night before when he came home he came to know Tawni had wished to show that she could run like Phillip after being provoked by him and failed to do so resulting in her stumbling down the single step they had in their whole home which entered their kitchen. Giving her a twisted ankle in the end with minor swelling, nothing that was to serious although he still hated the sight of the young child with tears falling from her bright gaze as he treated it the best he could with a gentle massage and ice.

But now he was standing in front of his squad, the saint lecturing them on the importance of treating a wound quickly and the many ways of doing so both permanently and temporarily. For although they where as capable of fighting as any others the medics of the military are most commonly grouped with one another so they may mainly think of their studies and not stumble into something else unless someone says other wise.

Med halted in front of his class and lifted a thin dagger from his belt and slid is down the length of his index finger quickly before revealing the thin slice through the skin. The red liquid within him already bubbling out to the surface and trailing like a gradual river.

"Every single drop of another soilders blood is as important as your own to you. As a saint you will forget all grudges and disgust for someone and you'd treat them despite what you may know. Their is no excuse for leaving someone untreated when you're fully capable. This cut as small as it is may become infected if left untreated, just like yourselves. First step of being a saint is you must not get cut by a persons past doings if they are still accepted. For if you do, you'll get infected and it'll be the death of you in one way or another. As saints we must be compassionate and caring to each person equally, and those are the keys of this position. Am I clear?" Murmured words as well as a few scattered nods of approval fell a cross the room and only then did he finally begin to bandage the finger and began explaining their hands on training.

Drake stood before his recruits, arms behind his back. His usual scowl firmly upon his his face. "Alright. I can see most of you are not quite prepared for what you will be going through. It will be hell. You must be in peak physical condition, or the armor will break you. Your mind must be focused, or the pressure will break you. The Knights are the top tier, top of the line warriors. You will be expected to live to such a standard. Drop down in push-up position, rep them until I command you otherwise. Say no words as you do so, if you stop, I shall send you packing"

Petra was down on the ground before the captain had finished his sentence. His words dug deeply into her skin; this burden was one she'd placed on herself, so there would be know backing out. Plus, she knew that if she gave her brother even the tiniest and most unimportant of reasons for sending her home, he would not hesitate to do exactly that. As it was, she silently obeyed his command and continued to do her push-ups.

Nevertheless, while the strain on her body had yet to come full force, the strain on her mind had already bared down on her. She hadn't been able to sleep much last night, not with that last addition to their rag tag squad. The mute lump lying on the bunk in the corner was so still while she slept that she could pass of as dead. Petra had crawled across the room and watched for several minutes after everyone was soundly sleeping, and even then, only a foot or two away from the prone girl, it was difficult to notice the rise of her chest as she breathed. It practically haunted her; worse than any nightmare that she used to be plagued with as a child. She thought about sneaking over to to Drake's room like she had so many times when they were younger - not necessarily to get him to comfort her, but just to watch and to listen, to be reassured he was there and he wasn't going to disappear. She remembered that they were no longer children, though, and sullenly went back to her bed.

Not only was she anxious and worried for herself now, but for that girl, so young and seemingly innocent. Petra was also filled with sudden rage at the captain, at the military, at the world. How could they let a child into a war? It wasn't right, but this knowledge would do nothing to help that girl. It did nothing to help her brother.

So here she was, frustrated and red-faced as her shoes slipped on the pavement and her palms grew more calloused by the second. She didn't relent with those God-forsaken push-ups though. She would just have to find a way to save both her brother, and now, that girl.

Minnie silently obeyed orders from the captain and dropped to the ground, in push up position. The first 50 or so push ups, she showed no pain but as the sun slowly started to rise, she felt the burning sensation both in her arms, back, and legs. Her cheeks slowly showed a pinkish red color as they became warm from the inside.

As seconds to minutes past, she swore that she had done about a thousand of those dreading push ups, although that was an exaggeration. Minnie showed little to no struggle in her facial expression but her arms shook slightly, but that did not stop her from doing more. From the corner of her eyes, she saw men dropping to the ground in the heat of exhaustion, which in a cruel sense, motivated her to go just a little longer.

Aia smiled slightly and moved down into the push up position. As she began the process she had to make sure that she didn't go overboard on her powerful robotic arms as she began her push ups she looked around the others who seemed to be having mixed feelings of the mandatory activity.

(Sorry about the short post)

(It's all good. I'm no stickler for length as long as it conveys what you need it to it can be as long, or brief as you'd like)

Elita

One and a quarter seconds. That's how long it took for a match to ignite after it touched down on the rough surface of the strike strip on the side of it's box. That's also how long it took for Elita to reject the idea of Alise joining into the newest recruits sent down to the god-forsaken Knights. Alise called it a self experiment, one of the many she had put herself through to test what she was capable of. It had gotten the point of foolery but who was she to judge her? Elita was the one who made her that way. If only she had taken out that stubborn personality before she had created the clone.

"I don't like this." She told the identical girl that strolled next to her, "Not one bit." Her clone laughed, flinging an arm over Elita's shoulders warmly before they paused in front of the auditorium.

"It's a good thing you're not my mother then," Alise commented. "Don't worry, I'll be careful in training."

"It's not you I'm worried about." Elita retorted, eyeing the group of people through the window. "It's them, people are stupid."

Alise

"It's not you I'm worried about," The pink haired girl insisted, her eyes meeting Alise's identical one as they stood facing each other. "It's them, people are stupid." Releasing her twin's shoulders, Alise let out a little sigh and shook her head.

"Only compared to you." She said, tapping her twin's temple. "Everyone is stupid compared to you. Compared to me, they are probably very smart." It was true, the Knights were highly renown for being top quality warriors. It was an honor for her to be allowed into the training system, especially when Alise was already considered a trained personnel. She was a Falcon stepping into the life of a Knight for the next year, a program that she had been picked for to ensure that the future training of all groups of Kingland's defense was 100% at all times.

"You're just stupider than most people." Elita grumbled, crossing her arms. "If you get your leg broken or your arm amputated I won't help you." Alise chuckled, ruffling her twin's hair.

"I have to go." She told her sister, pushing through the doors to look over the group inside. "Sorry, I guess I'm a bit later than I thought I'd be."

Captain Drake shook his head as Alise entered. "On the ground, push ups, do not stop until I say so. You stop you leave" he briefed her as quickly as possible. "What makes you better than us!?" shouted a recruit that stood storming towards Drake. "I'll have you know I was top of my class in pre-training!" He cried as he reached to poke Drakes chest. Drake quickly, before the finger could land, threw a fist into his face. Sending him against the wall. The recruit fell flat on his stomach, out cold, face covered in blood. "There will be no insubordination. You're out" Drake stated as medics carried him away.

Alise

Push ups... She thought, remembering when she was eighteen and just entering the Falcons. They had done more pushups then she could have counted on the first day, testing to see if the newbies had the discipline to make it in the big leagues. She could hardly say that it had been a walk in the park but after years of training a few push ups now was nothing. Or at least her mind said so, her muscles would be cursing her by the end of the week.

"Yes, Sir." She answered, her body held straight out of habit from the Falcon role calls. She ignored the outburst from the boy, he may have been the best in training but he was now the lost cause. He'd have never done well in battle. He probably would have wet himself at the sight of blood, not that he would admit it. Glancing once more over her shoulder to see that her sister still watched them from the hall, she dropped and began doing push ups.

Meds class was slowly taking over one of the saints quarters each one working on small cases that seemed to occure each day. Heat stroke, dehydration, twisted joints, both minor and major cuts that couldn't be wrapped by the person, and the occasional dislocation nothing special so he allowed his students to show off more of their knowledge by taking care of the tiny problems his hand guiding them every once in awhile.

Until a unconscious fellow who he recognized as a boy from under Drakes watch appeared the teens face contorted with the different colors which would plaug ones expression if hit hard enough. As he inspected the boy he chuckled strangely, odd enough for a few of his students to turn away from their patients and to look at him. But it was because he always got a small kick out of others being in pain, he loved the discoloration which would appear when someone lost enough blood or the sound of a painful cry. A bit psychotic yes, but no ones perfect.

"Captian King always knows how to keep things interesting," he joked with a mischievous grin as he began getting supplies for what he knew right away as a shattered nose.

Doing push-ups wasn't the best but hey I had to keep in shape. I kept my mouth shut around Captain stoic but I often complained, mentally about doing so many push-ups. I rather be in a lab working on enhancements and android upgrades.

"I wish for the knights to only remain in this room" the captain stated firmly. "The real tests of resolve are to come in 5 minutes knights. Any questions?"

Standing up with sore arms and thighs, her knees cracked on her way up. As the Captain explained about the procedure, she was lost and confused on where she would go. Minnie wasn't a knight, she was vanguard. She slightly raised her arm where the sleeves of her shirt draped down past her hand, and pointed to her guns. Hopefully he would take a hint to what she was gesturing to. Minnie didn't wish to speak, so she didn't. This was where her stubbornness came to play.

"Yes you, come here" Drake said with a wave of his hand. He pulled a note pad from his jacket pocket. "Write your inquiries here." He suggested

Minnie walked up to the Captain timidly and grasped the note pad with her small hands. She quietly stood in the same spot, looking downward, scribbling down what she wanted to ask. Small talk could be herd across the room from some of the knights, "who is that kid?" "why is that little boy here" "is he lost?" "are you sure he's a boy? he looks feminine" and so on. When Minnie finished her note/chicken scratches, it simply read, "Where do I go if I'm not a knight.. Captain."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Go find the Vanguard training, if anyone gives you grief for your tardiness they will answer to me" The captain whispered to Minnie. "Everyone else shut up! I said ask your questions, not gossip among one another"

Aia gives Minnie a poke and smiled "Well I guess it off to the Vanguard for us" Aia walks past minne and the Captain. She gives him a curt salute and turns around her black hair swishes with tiny blue sparks erupting in her hair. She swayed away giving a slight wave as she walked off to the Vanguard.

Silence spread across the room when the captain ordered them to keep their mouths shut. Minnie took back the notepad and scribbled on it some more, giving it back to the captain and taking off behind the girl who also was a Vanguard. On the notepad, in small writing were the words, "Thank you." Exiting the room in a quiet manner, she followed like a shadow behind the girl.

"Knights. Follow me" Drake commanded as he walked them down the hall to a large room with training weapons on the wall. "Grab your choice of sword, and choose a partner. Battle them. If you have anything to prove to anyone in this room call them out" Drake said as he glanced around the room. "You battle your opponent until they cannot stand. This is combat."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back