• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Heroes of Kingland

"After all I've done, all of these years worrying about you, you wish to become a knight? At least a half dozen of the recruits every year die during training. What's compelled you to take such a rash action" Drake asked scoldingly. He sat in his office with his sister, wondering if he could possible dissuade her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Petra squirmed in her seat across from him. Truth be told, this wasn't the direction she thought this conversation would be taken, but that didn't mean it was any better. This was exactly why she had hoped to be assigned to a different squad. Of course Drake wouldn't approve of her decisions...

Blood rushed to her head as she began to fluster. "I- Well, I- You!" She stumbled, glaring up at him indignantly. She gestured at him with fluttering palms. "You and this are exactly what!"

"I'm worried for you. Ever since fathers passing we're all we've got. I don't want you to become a knight. The General has already ordered that there's nothing I can do, it's your decision. It won't be easy, by any means" Drake replied with a more gentle, rarely seen look upon his face.

"I know," Petra sighed, already losing her steam. She didn't glance away again, despite being almost unable to bear the way he looked down on her, because she wasn't sure how long it's been since she saw him like this. Was it dad's funeral? Or maybe even before then, when he first got sick? Either way, that look was never for him. She knew that he only used it when worried about her, and she was pained by this knowledge. It was soft and raw and pleading and she both hated and loved the change in his stoic appearance. It wasn't a smile, but at least it was something other than the iced over anger he usually brought forth.

Another deep breath. A pleading look. Two siblings trying to understand.

"I know that, Drake. I do, but you don't know. I'm worried for you, my big brother, the one I always have and always will look up to. Remember?" She gave a tentative smile. "I don't want you to think that your the only one who is worried about the other. You shouldn't bear the weight of the world on you shoulders just to keep me safe. I might not be as strong, but I promise I'll ease the burden, so please don't shun me away. I want to become a knight for you and dad and for myself."

"Your training starts tomorrow. You'd better get ready" Drake told his sister as he sighed. "I'm going to make sure those idiots are still hanging there. They won't be done for some time"

Petra's small smile brightened. She didn't say anything; she didn't have to. Instead she maneuvered her way around his desk and pulled him into a tight hug. She squeezed him once before abruptly letting go, clearing her throat.

"Oops, sorry. I mean, yes sir! Captain!" She laughed, mock saluting him.

Captain Drake re-entered the barracks, things the way he had left them. "Remain hanging, give me your attention!" He demanded. "You are in my squad, you are a reflection of your commanding officer. I will accept nothing less than excellence from each of you. If you survive, and if you graduate, you will serve along side me in battle. Though you are all a far cry from it now, I expect by the end of your training, you will be the most successful squad in the military of Kingland".

"Hells yeah!" Wylie whooped, pumping one fist in the air. She had once again returned to her upside down position, finding it much easier to hang by her legs. Even so, this was getting boring. Captain said that they had to keep it up, but for how much longer? The purple haired girl didn't have any regrets though. She found regrets even more tiresome. "So, um, there are guys in our squad too, right? Are they still in there barracks or something? They got it easy while I've been dangling here this whole time! Not fair, Cap! You don't know what they're doing in there!"

Meanwhile, Petra had followed Drake back to the barracks after lingering a little longer in his office. It was weird and kinda cool that he had one, but it wasn't like he kept much in it. Oh well, she expected nothing less of her brother.

Wylie kept rebelling against that captain, but everyone else seemed to have given up on her already. She would enjoy seeing how he handled that one, considering his state when she reached those years.

Med ran a hand through his hair quietly, his royal blue glasses balanced on the tip of his pale nose as the golden chain which hung them from his neck dangled from its edges on either side of his face. And his white coat swishing past his calves as he searched for the Darling Drake a red blotch which resembled blood staining the side of the coat. The Saint had just found out that as well as being captian over the saints he was to be squad 15s co captian. Meaning he'd be with Drake even more then usual, the thought made Med even happier. For although they had very different attitudes, he found a somewhat pleasure with the situation of him annoying the blonde.

Finally he came to the barracks he was told they stood in and walked inside running up to Drakes side although he seemed even more stressed and serious then an hour ago.

"Guess whose your co captian doll face!" He paused for a moment then made small jittery jazz hands as he announced the next part in a sing song voice, "Me."

"Impossible! On who's order!?" Drake shouted clearly bothered. Though Med was a friend of his through training, both of them a prodigy in their own respect, Med knew just how to bother him. "How did this happen?" he asked himself.

Aia rolled her eyes this was getting ridiculous, the girls barracks were so crowded and noisy that she longed to be a boy right now. She sighed she hadn't moved a inch from her initial position. she stood at attention, a sign of respect that is easily overlooked, and watched all the events unfold. She couldn't say she was pleased by her group, but she knew for sure that she would never have a dull moment. As Med walked in and the Captain shouted Aia couldn't help it she had to laugh a little. Right when this team couldn't get any crazier here comes the outgoing Medic to give this present it's 'we are crazy to be in the army' bow on top. She quickly cover her hand over her mouth to stifle the laughter, but couldn't stop.

Med lowered his glasses from his nose with a flick of his head to the right. The spectacles falling down to his chest and tapping it lightly before ceasing all movement. As the saint was giving a large cheeky smile at the mans reaction. Before pointing a finger with a red tint to the ceiling,

"It was ordered by the man upstairs, and how?" He tapped his foot rhythmically in thought humming a small tune as if it'd bring the memories back to him.

"I'm not quite sure, maybe they remembered our one mission together and how great it turned out and wanted to see how a group would do if they where taught with two different styles by two different people." Med reminisced on the mission himself and the knight truly got to know one another during. It had turned out terribly but in his opinion it was a success despite his own scores.

"I suppose I have no choice. I'm going to my office, do what you must with them for the time being" the captain growled as he stormed into his office. He sat in his large chair, staring at all if his belongings on the wall. A few pictures of he and his comrades graced the wall. Sitting on his desk facing him sat a picture of Petra and himself when they were young. He pinched the bridge of his nose and exhaled a sigh of frustration.

Wylie climbed up so that she was now sitting on the bar. Sure Cap would probably be mad if he saw her, but he obviously couldn't right now and she was done with the stupid thing. Her interested had been piqued by that doctor weirdo.

Her head cocked and her face contemplative, she pointed at the strange man. "So, who exactly are you again?"

Med waved farewell enthusiastically to the knight,

"Okay lovely you do that, I'll keep these little people in check." He announced but before Drake closed the door entirely he quickly added to his statement,

"Maybe I can act like you." With this he placed his feet together and crossed his arms as he put on a ridiculous face which mocked a serious one terribly.

But alas it didn't last long especially when a girl sitting atop a bar spoke up. At her voice he instantly smiled and bowed amusingly as he introduced himself.

"I'm Minnie Eleon Davis, leader of the saints and this squads second in command. But people call me Med, and you are Sweetheart?" Meds voice was drenched in his thick Russian accent, something that caused him to have to mentally keep his pronunciation constantly in check and make sure it was on point and understandable.

"The name's Wylie Bristol, mister!" The girl replied happily. She like this man. He was funny, and his accent was like something out of a bad action movie, but he didn't have the horrible scruff or villain persona. Yes, they would get along well. "Med, eh? I like it. Although your full name's cool too. Minnie Eleon Davis, a little long, but very classy. Your 'rents must be pretty awesome people if they could come up with somethin' like that!"

Meds grin widened with enjoyment on the girls positive response. Happy that not everyone he met was annoyed by his own eccentric attitude and as well because she was just a cheery child that reminded him of the twins which where so troublesome but lovable. But he couldn't help but allow his smile to falter at the mention of his parents in relation to them being awesome. Yes, his mother was a great women but he wouldn't place his father in any category like hers for he didn't deserve a scrape of respect. But he quickly recovered his composure in no time sticking his hands away into his lab coats pockets to fumble with the stray lint puffs.

"Nice to meet'cha Wild Wylie," Med nicknamed her with the alliteration before fixing his tie lazily. Just as the sight Drakes other sibling caught his golden eyes, he had met her back when himself and Drake had still been attending their classes. So perhaps a couple years ago, how old did that make her? He didn't think much of it but waved at the white haired girl,

"Petra Sweetie, how're you?" No matter who you where Med wouldn't be able to not call you by some sortve pet name that he'd give his siblings.

Petra had been smiling along with Wylie at the girl's new given nickname when the man turned to address her. She was rather surprised and quite flattered that he remembered her after all this time, considering the one time they had met was practically a brief moment that she couldn't recall very well at all. Nevertheless she soon recovered from her slight stupor to graciously greet him.

"I'm good, thank you for asking," she replied, albeit a bit timidly compared to her purple-haired comrade. "And you, Med?"

Med lifted a hand and fumbled with one of the many piercing which weaved themselves into his left ear. The sleek surface nice and chill to the touch of his warm hands as he spotted a bit of shock which was hidden within her expression but not her gaze. And the sight made him chuckle lightly before responding,

"That is great to hear, and I'm just dandy. Now," Med paused his voice falling into a lower tone as his eyes would dance from the girl to Drakes office door anxiously before he spoke a bit of nervousness etched into his voice.

"What faction do you plan to join? Be totally honest with me girl." The saint was hoping to earn a true answer from not her brother but from her built from her own opinions and thoughts.

"The Knights," she said earnestly. Petra did not fail to notice his look towards Drake's door and the change in tone when he asked this question, but she felt no need to hide anything now. Her brother already knew her intentions, so she figured that someone else knowing would be just as well.

Even so, her voice was hesitant and slow as she spoke once again. She toyed with hem of her plain t-shirt, rubbing it down between her fore finger and her thumb. "If I become better than him, then he can finally quit worrying about me and actually smile for once."

I rolled my eyes at the 'charming' co captain. At this one was laid back and wasn't so serious.

"Names Seacan Gaia. R&D and apparently have a bad attitude by mister stoic."

Aia relived that the Captain had left relaxes a little and moves around a little listening in on the others conversations. As Secan introduced herself Aia sauntered over to her "Nice to meet you Seacan. I was wondering what you knew over android weaponization and your attitude is fine by the way."

Minnie stepped up to Petra and crouched down slightly to close up there gap of height difference before patting her head caringly.

"Even if your stubborn brother will be angry about your choice, I know." He paused then repeated himself to emphasize his statement his eyebrows furrowing more, "I know. That he is secretly very proud of you for being your own women and standing for what you want to do. Even if he doesn't know that yet, I know that." He smiled joyfully before standing normally and running a hand through his purple tinted hair as he let out a sigh.

"Being serious takes so much out of me.." It came out with his breath before he turned to the girl who introduced herself and waved happily.

"Mister Captian is just stressed I think, so don't take it too personally. He's very set on holding his high image and is counting on you all to make it even better as well as your own. He cares a lot about our land and the people in it and wants to make sure it's left in good hands." Med shrugged and leaned into the bed stand and rested his arms in front of his chest.

Petra held back a slight sigh, choosing instead to smile as the medic continued on about her brother. She did hope that the white haired captain would be a bit nicer to his companion. After all, good friends did not come around very often. Nevertheless, it was just as Med had said: Drake was a very stubborn person.

Growing up, the two siblings hardly fought. Perhaps that had something to do with the absence of withstanding parents, but that's for another time. Right now, all that needs to be said is that while their fights were few and in between, they were particularly nasty. while she has changed a lot since then, the young girl was once just as bullheaded as Drake. Petra's whimsical ideas would clash with her brother's logic, and their obstinate ways only made things worse. She'd often end up crying and give in, attempting to reconcile what she had believed to be an almost irreparable rift in their relationship at the moment, when in reality it was merely a childish squabble. The two loved each other too much to truly hurt their sibling.

Sinking down to sit on one of the bunks, she glanced briefly at the captain's office door before settling back into the conversation before her. She opened her mouth to comment when Wylie unknowingly cut her off.

"Yes, yes, Mr. Med," dismissed 'Wild Wylie', waving her hand nonchalantly. "Cap's just a worry-wart with a stick up his butt, I think that was very clear to see, but isn't that why you're here?" Petra of course could not help but giggle at the girl as she waggled her eyebrows along with her question. While the purple haired girl's sanity was questionable, she sure was funny. Petra looked up at the new co-captain for an answer, a gentle smile still playing on her face.

Med chuckled lightly at the enthusiastic and childish girls statement. Although he wouldn't ever say it like that some days even the knight got on the mans nerves. Which is surprisingly a simple task with his short fuse but you had to press the correct buttons and hard enough. But he softly rubbed the outside of his thumb against his lower lip quietly as one would come to notice he'd do whenever he was in thought.

"Why I'm here...I'm not quite sure I'm simply inferring the idea of them wanting you all to learn from two seperate personalities. But the real reason could be anything, it could be something as simple as them wanting me to keep Dollfaces stress level in check." Med shrugged his shoulders once more before digging at the red substance which dis-colored the tips of his fingers a bit from his earlier test on his own squad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back