• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Heroes of Kingland

"Both of you, if you want to continue being crass, then you'll do so while being punished" Drake growled to them harshly. "Now remain silent until addressed" he commanded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I looked back at the captain with a disinterested look while staying quiet. The girl got into my personal space so I was going to be crass with her.

While silently pondering the meaning of the word 'crass', Wylie mock saluted the Cap as she backed away from the girl. Her train of thoughts was already wandering off, however, and she was having trouble remembering what the captain had said just now.

"I seriously doubt you can blow my head cleanly off of my shoulders." Her mouth had opened before she fully understood the weight of her words, but once they were out there was no taking them back, so she just continued on. "I mean, if the blast is that close, my whole body would be blown to bits, never mind my head!"

Aia smiled she appreciated that there was a R&D member. They are the only people she can tolerate, they are smart, intuitive and respectful. They do great work and are talented beyond reason. Aia liked this one's attitude she hoped that she would help her with her arms and other enhancements. Aia tilted her head and sighed at the Captains power trip. She slightly smirked at Wylie's words, she liked her wild attitude although it greatly contrasted her own.

I wanted to smack my hand to my face. That girl really doesn't know when to shut up does she?

Then again no one knows when to shut up while they like to talk about something they like

I thought while I kept my mouth shut

Captain Drake pointed towards hanging bars on the other side of the room. "It's time you two have a humility exercise. Seacan, Wylie, hang from those bars until I say otherwise" he commanded. He hadn't been put in charge of a squad before, he was beginning to slowly see he had his work cut out for him.

"Oh, fun!" Wylie ran over to the bars with her arms outstretched in front of her, making grabbing motions with her hands like a possessive two year old and not thinking twice about the so-called "humility exercise". She had to jump quite a ways to reach the bar, but she did so without failing completely. When she'd caught hold of the cool metal she immediately swung her body upside down. Her arms dropped towards the ground when she had securely locked her legs around the bar and giggled. "Hey, why are you all walking on the ceiling?"

I looked at the captain with a glare. The fuck?! I shut up and get punishment because of a out of control hillbilly?!

"I could give two shits about this captain. Mouthy got into my personal space and began speaking. The natural reaction I have to someone in my personal space? Tell them to fuck off with something that could kill them. I could give two shits about being on this squad but powers above my control forced me here. Orders are orders, whether I like them or not."

I said before walking to the bars and began hanging from them with a pissed off but disinterested look. 
(How do you guys get the pictures in your character signups to be like they are?)

Aia was stunned by Seacan's attitude, Wow that is some attitude If she can get that energy into her work I could get some killer weapon upgrades. She sighed at the girls retort and gives a slight smile. However she kept her mouth shut not wanting to be next.

(right click on the picture you want hit copy url then go to the post click the image button on the top between the smile and the film strip paste the url and click insert if it doesn't show up it may be a bad gateway and you have to find another pic)

Captain Drake found a chair nearby, and sat, watching them hang from the bars. He couldn't help but wonder if this crew had any hope at all. 'What would happen when they were in the thick of the war?' he thought to himself. "At this rate, with your attitudes, you'll be dead the first moment a hostile situation is presented" he said coldly.

"Not my fault if some people have a few screws loose and try to get into my personal space. But the first to die, might not because it all depends on the situation at hand captain. If something minor, I'm sure someone else could take care of it but as a R&D personnel I rarely get into fights. But if fights do break out, be sure to not be too cold."

I said while hanging from the bars. I may not be the most athletic R&D girl out there but I do light works outs in my spare time.

"I've seen plenty of R&D members in the mix, I've also seen them in pieces. You should be a lot less concerned with that ego of yours, and a lot more concerned with remaining alive. People twice as brash and gutsy as you get sent straight to hell everyday on the battlefield. If you've got some facetious remark I suggest you save it." Captain Drake's eyes widened as he spoke, thinking of the past, the ravages of war he had seen. To see it treated so lightly insulted him.

Aia nodded at the Captains words she knew of the hardship of war. The life of a soldier is not easy her father taught her that. His war stories were so harsh, dangerous and traumatic. The battle field is a place for discipline and action not ego and attitude.

"Experiences you have outweighs my own. I will keep my mouth shut for now."

I said bitterly as tears welled up in my eyes. I didn't know why. I could barely remember my past much less anything past a year. Past that, nothing. I remember nothing past that. That day I lost who I originally was and became who I am today. My knowledge of R&D wasn't erased. Memories tear people apart. I have tried so many times to remember when the Psychiatrist told me to remember before I snapped at him. He wanted me to try collect my memories again. I shouted and punched, saying the same thing.

'I don't Fucking remember! I can't remember! Why must you continuously say that?!'

"Hey, hey, Cap, Seacan! Why the long faces?" Wylie said, her words rather harsh for the touchiness of the situation. She just didn't deal with negativity very well, she supposed. With a show of great effort she righted herself once again hanging onto the bar with her hands. Her usual smile was still on her face as she looked around the room. "This is why we are here, is it not? To train for war? We aren't there yet though, so there isn't really any point in dwelling on a situation we have no control over until actually faced with it."

She twisted to look at her new comrades each, lavender eyes finally locking on watery ones to her right. "I'm in your care from here on out! So I will trust you all when the time comes, but that time is not now! Say, Cap, why did you join the military?"

I looked over to the mouthy one. What she said was true. We were training for war. I wasn't taking it lightly. Situations could go from minor to dooms day in seconds. I didn't have experience like everyone else did. I had only my smarts and research to back me up but it was going to change.

"It's a long Story" Captain Drake responded, clearly not wanting to explain. "Continue to hang there, preferably in silence Wylie" he said as he ran a hand through his long white hair.

"As long as I'm hanging here, I've got the time to listen, Cap," the little fiend smirked. She swung her legs back and forth, tilting her head as she scrutinized the man. "Besides, the only way I'll shut up if someone else takes over the talking. I really do hate silence!"

Petra laughed softly at the girl's childish antics, sidling up next to her older brother. She looked at the man carefully. They shared the same white hair and the same blue eyes, but that was almost it in the similarity department. He was hard while she was soft. He was strong while she wasn't very much. She wished that they were more alike, but that was why she was here, wasn't it? To become stronger and what not? She could feel a headache coming on...

Poking him with a teasing smile, she egged him on. "Come on, Drake - sorry, Captain - I want to hear this too. Plus, it will be easier for your subordinates to cooperate if you humanize yourself, you know."

"Well too bad that isn't going to happen, and if you don't like silence Wylie then good, this is punishment" Captain Drake said coldly. "Petra, come with me, we need to talk"

"Eh? No!" Wylie whined once more, thrashing her body around like a fish out of water. Petra pursed her lips as she watched the girl's tantrum before mouthing a quick apology to both her and Seacan. It was with reluctance and a slight fear of the reprimanding she knew she was about to get that the pale girl followed her brother out of the barracks and back into the hall. They walked for a while in silence, every slap of their shoes against the cement floor making Petra wince, until she couldn't take it any longer.

"I didn't mean any harm, Drake," she said meekly, avoiding the man's cool gaze. She nervously rubbed the back of her neck. It hadn't even been an hour into this whole thing yet, and she had already managed to disappoint him. Things didn't seem to be in her favor at this point. "I won't step out of line again, I promise."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back