• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Heroes of Kingland

CrashDash

Four Thousand Club
Futuristic RP:

The land of Kingland is at war with a neighboring country! The citizens have been called to arms. The military classifies citizens into several different groups

Knights- the most famed of the soldiers. They wield, sword and shield most often. Often called the rock stars if warfare, their skill, and training is second to none

Vanguard- Soldiers who wield rifles, firearms, usually the first ones in battle. The role of a soldier in the vanguard is filled with danger, it takes the greatest courage to charge in first.

Falcon- the Air Force of Kinglands military. It takes a great mind, and nerves of steel to be a Falcon. Falcons are well revered, and spoken about due to their death defying combat methods.

Saints- the medical staff of the military. Pin point precision, and ability to treat patients with compassion are the major qualifications of this profession.

Sharks- Naval officers who keep the seas safe, and wage war upon it with the enemy. Grit, iron will, and sea legs need apply.

R&D/Fox- the most brilliant minds work in this dual department. The scientists who create weapons, and the spies who gather information for Kingland work closely in the same department.

Join up, and forewarning, one of the biggest things in any roleplay I create is action and consequence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"No" Captain Drake said firmly. "There is no way my sister is going to a knight, send her to the saints" he plead to the General. The General shook his head, "She's qualified thus far, you've done a lot for me, and I loved your father but there's nothing I can do" he replied regretfully. "Her barack, her squadran, I wish to be in command of them wherever they go, that's all I wish for at this point sir" Drake requested humbly. "Request confirmed" the General muttered quietly.

It was the first day for the new batch of recruits, regardless of their affiliations, they were all grouped into squadrons, and made to live, and work together. The men standing up front called out names, leading people to their squads. A nervous air, and anxious faces filled the crowd.

Fraye had always held a fascination with blades, knives, daggers. She especially loved the pretty, delicate knives that she collected. This is what motivated her hope to become a Knight.

She regarded the title of Knight as something noble and honorable, despite the fact that she would be little more than a rookie. Fraye silently hoped that, if she did get accepted, that her brother wouldn't find out too soon, or that he at least wouldn't go into his over-protective habits.

Fraye toyed with the delicate necklace that bobbed against her collarbone, her child-like face twisted with the anticipation of a kid awaiting gifts. She smiled to herself and whispered. "You've got this, aye?"

Fraye pulled on her favorite boots.

Last edited by a moderator:
Med scurried through the main hall in search of his new recruits or his babies as he would call them when they where brought up in conversation. His arms open wide as he pranced around and spared small moments to give others welcoming hugs. His glasses bounced around his neck with each of his steps and he frolicked around the halls until the sight of a familiar bleach blonde entered his vision and his speed picked up exponentially.

"Drake Darling where are my babies? And how's lovely Ms. Fraye I heard the girly is going to be knight. How exciting!" Oblivious to the mans earlier conversation on how he preferred his younger sister to not be in the knights he hoped to talk about it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tallon ran her slender fingers through her auburn locks uninterested in the men in front of them who continued to state names in alphabetical order to a separate each of them. And she was well aware that her T letter name wouldn't be in the D category so she was pleasantly leaning into the wall of the area and zoning out into her thoughts fighting back the slumber that attempted to over take her during her excruciating session of boredom.

Aia glared at the Captain as she looked at him from afar, she despises men who throw their will on others. If this man is going to be my new commander I'm going to defect today. She sighed and looks around and frowned "this is stupid." Aia looked at her hand with disdain, she inspected her fingers. She watched as the gloved surface smoothly moved. Who knew that under the glove there is no flesh or bones only metal and wires.

She looked up as a man rushed into the area and exclaimed about his children? Are they drafting kids now, how cruel the army is. She turned to the wall across from her and saw a girl just as bored as she was. She stared for a while remembering her face and body features just in case. Then turned away looking back at the two men, she could probably listen in to their conversation by reading their lips, but she didn't genuinely care enough to do so.

"It's not exciting. Not one bit Me. I'm sure you'll meet your babies soon enough, and call me Captain Drake, how many times do I have to tell you" Drake replied with slight annoyance in his voice.

A man stood before the crowd holding up a tablet, "Squad 15, Tallon, Aia, Dylan Flynn, Wylie, and Fraye Rhodes, your squad leader will be Knight Captain Drake" the man shouted

Meds lips puffed up in a pout his eyebrows knitting together as well as he stared at the knight like a child.

"It'll be a great experience for her and did you hear that you'll be her leader and tutor. It'll be perfect, she has the skill of being a knight I know." Though many fear Drake and would never dream of opposing him the saint didn't see any reason too. And spoke to him like he would anyone else, some of the things he said shocked others as they saw Drake wouldn't end up hitting him for.

"And Captain is such a boring title isn't it," he paused his shoulders hunching forward as if the single over used rank name drained his creativity.

"Lovely?" Med rose a brow wondering if the new title would be perhaps a more preferred title then the past one his Russian accent lacing itself into the word.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tallon slowly began to hit the back of her head into the wall roughly making a small irritating beat as she gradually began to hope that she'd just fall unconscious so she wouldn't have to stand there any longer. But then her unique name was called with a couple others and she knew it couldn't have been anyone else. Stepping up to meet up with those she'd be training with, her cloak tied around her waist swished behind her like a cape as she strode over.

Fraye's eyes lit, and she let out a girlish squeal, clamping her hands over her mouth at the sound. She couldn't contain her excitement.

But then her face fell.

"Drake? Squad leader?" She slumped against the wall behind her, "Oh, great," she whispered. Fraye immediately knew that this could only mean trouble, and she already expected confrontation from her brother. She loved him with all her heart, she truly did, but sometimes she wondered if his concern for her welfare would just put him in more danger.

Fraye ran a hand through her curly blonde hair, biting her lip.

Aia hardly moved when her name is called she merely shifted her gaze back to the Captain. Aia sighed and whispered "great time to defect" under her breath. She sauntered closer to the others whose names where called. Like sheep to the slaughter she straightened up proudly,all 5'8 of her looking uninterested in the new squad she was assigned to.

"Hey, hey! What a bunch of saps we got here, eh?" Wylie exclaimed in her usual loud volume as she entered the room. Her words bounced off the walls and bounced back at her, once, twice, before they finally faded away, only to be replaced by a man's voice. She couldn't quite make out what he was saying over the muffled chatter that followed her entrance. A broad and mischievous smile graced her lips, because although she could not see over the heads of the many other new, remarkably tall recruits, she'd have them wishing they were on her level in no time.

Luckily, she'd garnered enough attention from the other recruits that she didn't have to push her way through them in order to get to the front. The man regarded her warily upon sight. Considering that she was all ready moving to swing her arm over the considerably taller official's shoulders, this reaction was not without reason. She then used her other hand to indiscriminately point at a random person in the crowd.

"You all look so nervous! What's with this tense atmosphere, eh? I don't bite hard enough to break the skin, at least... Maybe you should be a little more scared, hehehe..." She barked with laughter and snatched the man's clipboard away from him. Her lavender eyes lazily perused the sheet of names. "Oh, here I am! Squad 15, let's go!" She turned her gaze on the small group that had gathered before a fair haired man off to the side of the room. He had an air of power that surged around him; Wylie could only assume he was Captain Drake. She released the official and skipped over to her new comrades. Yes, skipped.

Stopping abruptly in front of the big man, she mocked a serious face and saluted. "Wylie Bristol, reporting for duty, eh!"

Fraye furrowed her eyebrows at the sight of the lively girl that seemed to erupt into the room. She blushed as she put her arms around the large man, as if Fraye had done it herself.

Stepping forward from her perch against the wall, Fraye stretched on her tiptoes to see the spectacle, and to maybe get a glimpse of her brother. She was rather short, and it was hard to see over the tall, lean figures of everyone else.

"Excuse me, sorry, excuse me," she said kindly.

Aia looked down at the small energetic sack of flesh and gaved a silent sigh. Now where do I get those defect papers again. She is was not amused by this... thing's enthusiasm she also seemed a little unstable. She gave a microscopic shrug and looked at the rest of the group for any reason to stay.

(edited)

"Alright! Line up behind me, shut up, and follow me" Captain Drake commanded as he stood waiting. He was pleased that Fraye would be under his command, but naturally he was very unsure of the others.

Med clasped Drakes shoulder before he could leave and have him a comical salute.

"Have fun with your children, I get to put my babies through their first test." His mischievous grin spread a crossed his face at the mention of the test. For all the staff was aware of what he immediately would put his students through before his introduction. Med would fake a serious injury and force the students to show off what knowledge they already had.

"But have fun Sweetheart!" Med waved fair well to the knight and his group before going to his own.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tallon fixed her goggles over her eyes lazily as she strode beside the other recruits. Hoping that their 'captain' plus be a high string punk she'd want to attack every time he spoke. And so far he wasn't that great in her opinion but it could be because she hates orders and especially following them. But with much detest she lined her weight on her right foot as she awaited something exciting.

Fraye's blush deepened at the sound of her brother's voice, and she scurried behind him, and poked him in the back.

"Hi," she whispered. In comparison, he towered over her, making her look even younger. She was most likely the youngest here, which didn't bother her, but it sucked to be the shortest. She promised herself that she'd buy some boots with heels.

She eyed the rather flamboyant man that captained the other squad, and giggled. Fraye found herself enjoying his frilliness, and gave him a pleasant wave.

"You must step in line sister. We're going to have a serious talk later" Drake said with a cross expression. Obviously disapproving of her attempt to become a knight.

Fraye immediately pouted at his scorn, and HMPH-ed when in her place in line. She deliberately stepped on the back of his shoe, but then felt guilty for having done so.

She toyed with the fringe on her blouse, and thought that she ought to be a bit tougher if she wanted to be a true Knight.

"You don't have to protect me, you know," Fraye whispered from behind him, she tried to be firm but really she just wanted to hug him. "I'll be fine."

That guy with the weird nicknames gave her the chills. Wylie whistled when he left, crossing her eyes and swirling her fore finger in a circle around her ear. And this was coming from her.

"EH?" Two purple pigtails whipped the air as she turned to look at the two siblings. They really did look alike, so she shouldn't have been surprised. She just hoped the Cap wouldn't baby his little sister. Oh well, there wasn't anything she could do about that, so she wouldn't worry. She leaned over and raised onto her toes, whispering as well as she could - which wasn't well at all - in the girl's ear. "Is your brother always this grumpy?"

She didn't wait for the answer, however. The spry lady had all ready gotten around to bug someone else. Settling on a tall (who wasn't, next to Wylie?), black-haired recruit, she immediately dove into conversation. "Hiya! I'm Wylie. I like big explosions and fire and airplanes - big and small, I don't discriminate. Oh, you're hair is really pretty. I wonder what it'd look like against the light of a flame..."

Captain Drake noticed Wylie jumping happily into conversations. He shot a glare towards her, not saying a word, the glare was enough to imply he wanted her in line. Immediately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back