• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Heroes of generica ooc.

BackSet

Ray of Sunshine
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
That's a very good question. I'd actually be interested in playing, though, so there's at least something

knights of pen and paper

What ho fellow adventurers!

Are we ready to smite some evil!?

I'm interested.

Hm, I'm considering several options for my character. Any preference:
  1. A pseudo-Scottish Necromancer.
  2. A pseudo-Italian rapier-wielding Musketeer hero archetype. And he's really prideful and show-offy.
  3. The typical Dark Knight. Expect so much edge you'll drown in it.
  4. An apprentice mage cursed so that each time he casts a spell, something unexpected happens.
  5. A young boy with an oversized sword.
  6. Old man with a long beard and hat that does spells and acts as a mentor.

Ooc thread. Chat and crap here.

Hmm... perhaps... character useing a wierd ass weapon?

gunsword.

Dual gun sword

gun sword-chucks

Flaming gun sword-chucks

nah.

Should i do:

•A barbarian that's a slurry of gay stereotypes,
•A kid from earth who died and ended up here massively overpowered, or
•A dragon who spouts sjw rhetoric

Doing cleric based shit, gonna put the fear of god into some heathens.

Together we will smite the heathens, for the glory of the heavens!

BackSet BackSet Ah shit... Got a snag in my plans.

Seems I wont be able to join yea on this, if yea want to use the girl for soemthing go right ahead but I sadly cannot take on another project at this time.

Damn it, I even liked that concept...

Well, have a good one.

BackSet BackSet Ah shit... Got a snag in my plans.

Seems I wont be able to join yea on this, if yea want to use the girl for soemthing go right ahead but I sadly cannot take on another project at this time.

Damn it, I even liked that concept...

Well, have a good one.
If you ever find you have time there's always room for you.

I'm finished. Thoughts? BackSet BackSet

Name
: Jack Furysword McQueelag Von Edgeworth
Nicknames and aliases: The Edge
Level: 3
Class: Dark Knight
Race: Human?
Eye color: Black, or so he says.
Hair color: Black, or so he says.

Equipment:
  • No rations. He feeds off of edge energies that sustain his body.
  • He does have water though. A small canister of it.
  • Several healing potions. He needs them, considering that most of his spells draw on power from life-force rather than mana resulting in self-injury and frequent disease.
Weapons:
  • (2) Edge Swords+3.
  • Iron dagger, presumably for cutting his wrists.
  • Edge Armor+2.
    • Edge Helmet+2.
    • Edge Chestplate+2.
    • Edge Greaves+2.
    • Edge Boots+2.
    • Edge Gauntlets+2.
    • Black-Crimson Hood.
  • (15) Spikes. As in, actual spikes.
Personal items:
  • A locket from his mother. Since he's going with the tough guy act, he never shows it to anyone.
  • A book about necromancy and other such things. Not really much use, as he can't read, but it can probably be given to a more scholarly person to study.
Appearance:
reaper_by_lanveril-darlg09.png

Personality: Very brooding, very grim, and very sullen. These three adjectives are the perfect description of the Edge, an enigmatic dark knight that has no friends. Although very anti-social and cynical, deep within, under the stone heart of a cold bully and the skin of a tough guy, there lies a softie that he's not willing to admit he is. Often described by local villagers as "very edgy, but powerful."

Tragic Backstory: IT'S A MYYYYSTEERYYYY... In all reality, he's too edgy to tell anyone his backstory or why he's so edgy for that matter. On another hand, he often mentions tidbits of it, or when drunk. As it appears, his father was an abusive necromancer from a far away land called Scotland and his mother left him alone to live with "the Scottish bastard." That is where Jack learned how to channel his inner Edge into spells of various kinds at the cost of his life-force. Then he killed his father and moved on to being a mercenary, until he mysteriously ended up in the same starting dungeon as the heroes from the prophecy, and having nothing better to do, he joined them.

Tropes:
Darker and Edgier - TV Tropes
Black Knight - TV Tropes
Anti-Hero - TV Tropes
Parental Abandonment - TV Tropes

Name: Allard Alpen Axepike
Nicknames and aliases (if you have any): Bush
Level (since you're just starting out anywhere from 1 to 3): 2
Class (just make any class up): Penguin lord
Race (just make any race up): earscrub elf
Eye color: poisonous
Hair color: Also poisonous

Equipment:
Weapons: Penguin sword x2
Personal items: Penguin necklace

Appearance (picture or description or both): A really tall (8ft) elf with ears that are made of pine cones(small ones)

Personality: Amiable and polite.

Tragic back- I mean history: He was part of the magical mob and also sailed on a ship at some point.

Tropes that apply to your character (not required but amusing. If you need help go to TV Tropes.):

(Feel free to point out possible corrections, I'm still fairly new to this)

Name: Mystic Knight Todd

Alias: Todd. Yes, my name is JUST Todd. No, not Just Todd, just Todd. I. AM. TODD. THAT'S IT. Stop writing

Level: 2

Class: Mystic Knight

Race: Todd

Eye Colour: Brown

Hair Colour: Red

Equipment:
Weapons: Todd can use any weapon. As long as it's a sword. He wears blue fancy armour because that's supposed to be what Mystic Knights wear. He also has a decent-sized shield, with the sheath built into the inside.
"Hey, hey, I'm still new at this!"
Personal Items:
He wears a steel bangle on his left wrist. The only reason it claims any significance is that he got it for his birthday once. He also carries a study guide on how being a Mystic Knight works. Plus a backpack with basic rations and supplies

Appearance: Standing at about 5'11", wearing all blue-tinged armour that's surprisingly slim, Todd lacks a helmet because before entering the first dungeon he only brutalized enough goblins to buy his armour and then accidentally found his way in accidentally. His red hair runs to his neck, and his build is strangely slim for a Knight of any kind

Personality: Todd just wants the world to make sense. Unfortunately, he deals with a bunch of weird crap and parodies, and writers who think they're funny when they're really not. Todd dreams of being a grand hero to the world, so he was overjoyed to learn he could prove that he was hero material, and then he got stuck in the first dungeon. He fancies himself noble, intelligent, and an all-around good guy, but he's not above shouting at narrators to shut the hell up about lore

Tragic Back- I mean, history "No you don't" Shut up Todd: There isn't much story to Todd. He grew up in a small village, lived a happy life, and decided to set out and learn about things, eventually self-teaching himself the basic skills of a Mystic Knight and deciding to head out with literally no talent and even less knowledge. Hence why it took him two weeks of stabbing goblins to become Level 2

The Mystic Knight only has one basic/useful skill as of Level 2, that being an energy sword slash for ten mana points. Unfortunately, Todds are a terrible starting race, and a Level 2 one only has nine mana, so he's basically worthless in that regard. He also has an intense hatred for lore and exposition despite its necessities because his family would never shut up about any new lore videos. Aside from that, he's just a normal complete moron who tries desperately to play the straight man

Tropes that apply: I know there's a few, but I'm pressed for time so I'll edit them in a later day.

hey guys I'm snowy! I hope this is okay~

Name: Gale Gates-Koch-Buffett-Zuckerberg
Nicknames and aliases (if you have any): Gwen Gaylord
Level (since you're just starting out anywhere from 1 to 3): 3
Class (just make any class up): Mage
Race (just make any race up): Human
Eye color: Black
Hair color: Used to have black hair, dyed it white one day and it somehow stayed that way

Equipment:
  • Has a plain, leather, waterproof, magic proof, scratch proof messenger bag that requires a passcode (8008) that has been enchanted with space and various other forms of magic, (borrowed from daddy's treasury)
  • Various textbooks to study magic, along with some generic mage school supplies
  • a shiiiiiittttton of sweet rolls, who knows how many are in there or how they got there(no nutritional value just empty carbs)
  • her usual green and brown robes that slightly increase mana and decrease spell cast time
  • some minor mana potions
  • some minor stamina potions
Weapons:
  • beginners reference spellbook (pages can magically turn and float with mana ooooo)
  • steel dagger
Personal items:
  • mother's pearl circlet
Appearance (picture or description or both):
View attachment 351985

Personality: outgoing, charming, adventurous, curious, passionate

Tragic back- I mean history:

Gale was born in a corrupt mercantile family. Sold endangered species organs and hired goons to steal from other merchants but got away with it kind of corrupt. They always knew how to crack a joke, make people feel at ease, and build trust. Except her mom, she was cool and didn't do all the corrupt stuff everyone else did. She died because Aunt Rebecca killed her for insurance money.
Gale had no idea all this was going on because she was attending some fancy private boarding school, trying to acquire a well-rounded liberal arts degree. She studied magic for fun in her spare time.
After graduation, her Aunt Rebecca sent Gale to a nobleman's partay to network. She met Ellary (nobleman’s daughter), her true love. It was love at first sight just because. Ellary had really interesting ideas about potato harvesting and was passionate about helping the people. A few drinks later, Ellary and Gale kissed under da moonlight and stars at the balcony. Then her aunt’s hired goons discretely pushed Ellary over the edge and she died. Gale was shocked and fired some fireballs and burned those goons to death. The guests panicked obviously. There was a note that was like “kill her” in her aunt’s handwriting! Gale went home early, saw some shady business dealings at her house, and packed what she needed and escaped her house. Her aunt tried to kill her for insurance money but Gale burned her Aunt’s face and ran away. Gale changed her style, dyed her hair, and now calls herself Gwen Gaylord. She wows to kill her Aunt and right the wrongs of her family in Ellary's and her mother Aysha's names. But she forgot to bring money with her so now she's an adventurer.

Tropes that apply to your character (not required but amusing. If you need help go to TV Tropes.):
Star-Crossed Lovers - TV Tropes
Riches to Rags - TV Tropes
Revenge - TV Tropes

Yo! You guys ready for a IC thread. SP3CT3R SP3CT3R you can come in anytime you want.

Name: Franziska Richter
Nicknames and aliases: Franny.
Level: 3
Class: Hospitalier
Race: Heaven touched
Eye color: Blue
Hair color: Light blonde.

Equipment:
Weapons:
Side sword, about as interesting as a normal sword gets.
Kite shield, protective and good for bashing people's heads in, her preferred method actually.
Personal items:
Healing kit
Sewing kit
Diary
mess kit.
10 folding foot pole
Book of the holy word of light.

Appearance:
View attachment 351680

Don't be too happy to see that smile, she just found a new patient.

Personality:
When it comes to those who dedicate their lives to save the lives of others, it takes a certain will, or perhaps simply a godly presence. For Franny, both of these apply. Not only, as a member of her race, sport healing prowess through the very magics blessed by the gods, she finds healing and exacting their will to be extremely reward! And not in a spiritual sense, more in the sense she feels very "fulfilled" and... "Tingly" with each and every life saved or heathen put to the business end of a very deadly, and well used, shield. Why the shield? Apparently she prefers the sound it makes when impacting flesh and bone.

Yes indeed she quite loves her job, every swipe of her blade meeting tainted flesh fills her body with quivering excitement, each healing spell accompanied by a lip biting reward. Indeed her fervor to hunt down the corrupt and wicked is unmatched, for reasons many are not quite certain how to place...

History:
"That girl ain't right." - High Cleric Hawthorne.

Being heaven touched her very early life was that of great ceremony and joy, so very few but always very different from one another. The heaven touched are a lot blessed with abilities granted by the various beings of the heavens. Some blessed with impressive martial might, some blessed with a greatness for magic, some blessed with... Certain other aspects. Such as the young woman here.

While quite proficient in the arts of healing magics and combat, she appears to enjoy them a tad bit... To much. Indeed her ability, granted to her by the very heavens(or so they hope) was increased... reward... for her fervor. many attempts to beseech the gods for an answer to this particular... Choice, have been met with a angelic equivalent of a shrug and a swift change of topic.

And so, after some debate, they thought it best to save some of the church's image to allow her to operate as an adventurer instead of a dedicate, VERY dedicated, knight of the faith.

Tropes that apply to your character:
Combat Sadomasochist - TV Tropes
Combat Medic - TV Tropes
The Paladin - TV Tropes
Crystal Dragon Jesus - TV Tropes
Best waifu detected and confirmed.

I'm not exactly sure how quoting posts works quite yet, but yeah, they'll very likely be pals. You should fear for that fourth wall profusely.

It knows me well

There's a character named Todd in that show, and both Todds are fairly similar lol
It's definitely binge watchable :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back