• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Heroes and Villains{In-Character}

Cathal McKay
No sense of humor. Awful. But the prospect of free food distracted Cathal, and he followed Roxanne. "What a great way to make friends," he said. He almost didn't listen to the other guy, but the name Tecton sounded familiar...One of Lacy's hero friends?

No, it was the villain who'd been up to no good while he was in the bus station, and the very serious bat must be a real vigilante, and Cathal began to regret following him into the bakery.

D duegxybus Sleepy Asian Sleepy Asian

Feedback is Appreciated
Roxanne Tanner "Red"
Miko Andermann "Tecton"
Roxanne sighed and rubbed her head, turning to the normal-dressed man. "Agreed. Normally people people to bakeries for pastries. Speaking of pastries." She ducked under the counter. The sound of various pots and pans banging followed by the hissing of an oven opening rang out from behind the counter. Roxanne stood up a few moments later and put a tray of strawberry pastries on the counter. Despite Roxanne's normally malicious intentions, none of these pastries were poisoned, simply because she took baking seriously. "Feedback is appreciated. Enjoy! If you like it, be sure to put a good review in for Roxanne Tanner." She put one on a plate and handed it to the normal-dressed man.

Meanwhile, Miko followed the bat-man with a childish air of irritation. He wasn't even remotely scared of the cosplayer's height. In fact, he found the bat's social skills to be quite terrible.
"Mister, you can talk out of character. I don't know a Tecton. Sounds like a superhero." He couldn't take the bat-man seriously at all. The suit looked straight up unprofessional. Real heroes were what Miko admired, not cosplayers who dressed up like them. "If you aren't going to buy anything, please stop loitering in my friend's bakery. She doesn't like it when people take advantage of our heating systems."

Sleepy Asian Sleepy Asian wickedlittlecritta wickedlittlecritta

Of course, he is a bear
Dàvid Kowalczyk "Blue"
Irene Adler "Deadweight"
As Umbra entered the room and effectively hijacked Kuma from the task at hand, the hardened pair looked around the room at what they were working with.

Umbra: Real name Bryce Sloan. A personal favorite of Blue, but a bit boring in Irene's opinion. Powers, involved something along the lines of shadow manipulation, but Blue thought it was something more.

Kuma: Real name John Titor. An eccentric scientist that was another personal favorite of Blue's, simply due to his mental capacity allowing Blue to receive upgrades to his mainframe. Irene, had no opinion towards him. Powers, involved something along the lines of what Blue liked to call "Enhanced Science."

Of course, Blue overlooked the three sidekicks and didn't bother thinking much about them. Partially due to the fact that he was sometimes lazy, and he didn't look into the files of sidekicks. At that point, something reached Dàvid's ear. The clicking of a horrendous device. A fidget cube.

"He's a bear. That's a rather rude question to ask, by the way." Blue walked up to the final hero in the room. Echo Cunningham, also known as Breeze. He held his hand out and looked at her with a no-nonsense attitude. "You're a new hero, aren't you? Tell me something about yourself."

Meanwhile, Irene walked over to Rylan and tugged on his shirt. "Hey. I'm kind of feeling like punching some shit up. Mind spotting me? Name's Irene by the way. You probably know me as Deadweight. I'm his sidekick." She jerked her thumb at Blue. She didn't feel the need to introduce Blue, simply because Blue was so well known as a hero. Irene was quite proud of her hero. He had eleven years under his belt.

YoungX YoungX B BlueClover Space_Kaiser Space_Kaiser Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed

Maxwell and Lanai
Lanai seemed to thrust her head forward at Maxwell, almost in a 'told you!' manner. That's when more people started entering the room, making the girl feel crowded. Maxwell smirked, playfully shaking her in order to snap to reality.

A very small noise, similar to the whimper a dog makes came from her. There was Blue; a hardass hero who was a cold blooded killer only in a good way. His sidekick was also there, making her even more scared as she was also on the job to kill. She then noticed Echo, who she tilted her head to as she didn't recognize her. Then she heard of her being a new addition, that made sense.

Maxwell looked at her, his eyes following the spinning cube. It was a odd thing for sure, almost hypnotic to the boy. Then his gaze shifter to Deadweight, one of the more powerful sidekicks. It made her a force to be reckoned with.

D duegxybus YoungX YoungX Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed

Jake Northpeak (Hawk)
Lunch break. 45 minutes. If Jake had an assignment right now, he would've wolfed down something to eat and started the assignment already. However, today's lunch was assignment free, so he decided to take a little stroll with his time, find something relatively low cost to eat but at the same time enough food to please his appetite. Exiting the building, he started walking with the masses of people who were also trying to find food. He had his "work hoodie" on, the one that didn't have any holes in the back so it wasn't a dead giveaway to any onlooking authorities that he was the man they were looking for. Well, maybe. Jake didn't know for sure if the government even still cared about him. However, something inside him knew they did. He took a left, going with a smaller swarm of folks.

He almost missed the bakery. The swarm seemed pretty intent on heading towards that new falafel place on 82nd, but the smell got to him. He could kill for a couple of loaves of bread. A hole in the wall place couldn't have that bad of prices, right? He would have to find out. He knocked on the door, hoping that maybe they were open. It would be disappointing if they weren't, considering that it smelled amazing. That, and he heard voices inside.

D duegxybus Sleepy Asian Sleepy Asian wickedlittlecritta wickedlittlecritta

The Black Devil

The black devil has always been a brutal vigilante, he'd beat his foes to a pulp and threatens innocent civilians to get information but he always gets what he needs and in the end, it helped to stop one thing or another. But if he was being honest, every time he threatens, it's a roulette. You have a small chance of getting the truth, a larger chance of them being freaked out and about the same amount of chance that that person has powers and will probably beat the shit out of you, but he'll take his chances.

Suddenly, he would grab Miko by his collar and lift him up above the counter before smashing him into the wall nearby. "Tecton just took the lives of over 15 good men in a bank robbery. I don't come to places without a reason: Tell me what you know" He said threateningly. Now that he uses his arms, his cape would be open and his body armor visible. The plates under there were too complex and too well-designed to be hand-made and the entire bodysuit is armored to the bone. If someone were to look closer, they would see a small, skeletal frame in the armor which parts are visible on the shoulder, gauntlet, back and parts of the leg. His eyes were also fully white but conform right to his eye shape, where it looked flat earlier.
D duegxybus wickedlittlecritta wickedlittlecritta Foundry Foundry

She was stuttering! Lacy remembered when she was a new recruit too. She stuttered less but blushed and looked for escapes more. So she defaulted to her natural state, saccharine. "Oh hush that just makes it better! If you can say that off the cuff,I can't wait to see what you'll do!" But she still looked worried! Hmm. Staying nervous was a problem though... She needed to relax somehow and the best way to do that was to use superpowers.
"I know! Why don't you help me I really want to see your powers and from what I read it'll be really cool to see! Sound fun?"

Amelia Lockheart
Ember Gold
Her powers? Despite herself, she had a little confidence when it came to showcasing what she knew. She hesitated before finding herself slowly nodding. "O-okay. But you'll have to watch me from afar. I might get flustered if I see you. Let's go to the field then."

Amelia found her hands shaking until they finally arrived at the field. Her shoulders relaxed slightly when she looked around and thought back to when she worked on her powers by herself. Pretend it's just you. Only you. Concentrate or you may hurt someone. As she talked to herself she calmed down even more. Once her mind was free of worry, she touched the ground and watched magma seep forward from under her palm. The hot substance gurgled as it started to expand more and more. Amelia stood up and moved her hands up. She imagined herself grabbing the magma as if it was clay and stacking it up to form a wall of fiery ooze.

The process was rather quick which made Amelia smile slightly. With her hands still raised, she clutched her hand into a fist. The magma shifted and quickly turned into hard rock, hot to the touch. She walked over and quickly touched the wall. She should be wary of how much she shows. It would hardly be ideal to get exhausted by the end of it.

She decided to do a quick test with a dummy to see if she could encase it without burning it. One time she had tried it with a dummy who had a small bomb in it. To say the least, the bomb exploded. She hoped it wouldn't happen again since she learned from the experience.

theunderwolf theunderwolf (or anyone else who wants to spectate.)

Echo winced at the comment about her being rude. "Well, uh... He's fuzzy..." She mumbled as an attempt to justify her question. "You're Blue, right? I'm, uh..." For a moment the hero cut off, trying to remember her name. That always happened when she got nervous. She'd start forgetting everything.

"I'm Echo. Or, uh, Breeze. And I control the winds." She said with a shrug. "Kuma is nice too, I didn't intend to be rude. He's fun to be around, if not a bit eccentric. I think it's nice." That was her finishing statement with a nod. Then she began focusing on clicking the several buttons on her cube, not looking at anyone really.
D duegxybus

Leo Vance/Chameleon

Leo watched Amelia leave the food court after spilling her heart out in front of everyone, something he was completely not comfortable with. It was oddly inspiring, however, even if only because it made Leo feel like she was going to surpass him in skill if he didn't act.
But the fire was already lit, and Leo remembered that he was going to try a new catalyst for transformation. He chucked his empty plate in the garbage after briefly considering whether to get more, (shapeshifting into monsters made of various materials was a surprisingly good workout and he could totally afford it) and headed to the training room where he came across Amelia demonstrating her powers. "Whoa," he exclaimed, watching the recruit show her magma control. Leo temporarily forgot about the unexpected speech to ask, "Wait a sec, where does the magma come from? Do you, like, pull it up from underground or do you just summon it?" Hoping that she'd say the former.

Backbone
Dávid Kowalczyk "Blue"
"Echo Cunningham, Breeze. Power, air manipulation. I know who you are. I was asking for something interesting about you, that defines you." Blue drew back the cybernetic hand and put it in his pocket. "But enough of that question for now." The cybernetic human sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, closing his deep black eyes for just a second. "I heard you're deciding on getting a sidekick of your own. That's cute and all, but you're going to need a lot more backbone if you're going to take someone under your wing." Now, Dávid wasn't even trying to intimidate. His voice had shifted into a less metallic, more charismatic and calm voice. "You know, I started holding close-quarters combat seminars in the gym, starting today evening. I'll teach you how to fight in ninety minutes or less. Now what do you say to that? Can I learn something interesting about you today?"

Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed

"I sadly don't know what's good for me, so I'm coming along."

Catching his breath, he found himself slightly irritated. He turned back around to find the man surrounded by a phantasmal shell, steaming. Well that was interesting, a mutant of some kind. He might be of use, but he had to make sure. He Pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed before letting his arm fall to the side and mentioned, "Alright. Before you do though, take into consideration that what we will be doing is a bit ethically questionable. I also find myself asking what possible use can you be to me." He crossed his arms expectantly, before taking note of the duffel bag and nodded towards it, "Whats in the bag?"

Elliot Tahoma
Elliot listened carefully to everything the man was saying, this stopped as Elliot's Phantom vanished, as it was shriveling up and it didn't contain it's properties like it would in the dark. After the man finished his questions, Elliot answered them in a fast manner. "Trust me, when I think about ethically questionable, I think of the time I cut off a man's phalanges out of pure spite." Elliot thought for a moment about what he could do for the man. "Well, every test I conducted on myself and with my outer shell like ghost thing, proved that well, I'm almost unbreakable. I can shoot a gun, I'm rather quick on my feet and... I know a thing or two about keeping myself under the radar." Though, under the radar now is a little bit questionable as he just revealed his Phantom.

The man asked then, what was in the bag, Elliot replied with; "A gun, some explosives, and whatever else I need to find and start trouble." The development of the conversation was very interesting, Elliot had half a mind to just saying, Fuck it, I'm coming along no matter what you say. Although that would make Elliot seem like a lost love or a broken one looking for a truthful match, and it make him look needy so he turned against it.
RedVehemence RedVehemence

Cathal McKay

"Marry me," Cathal said promptly, because it seemed an appropriate response to a pretty woman handing him a plate full of pastries that smelled like strawberry and butter. He immediately stuffed one in his mouth, yelped a little because it was still hot from the oven, and said, "That's really good," around the pastry.

And then Batsy slammed the other guy into the wall, and Cathal yelped again and swallowed the pastry. "Jaysus, love, what the fuck?" It was one thing to go after people in the middle of doing a crime, and something else entirely to track them down and start beating them when they weren't doing anything wrong. And anyway, nobody who made pastries like that could be all bad, right?

Sleepy Asian Sleepy Asian D duegxybus Foundry Foundry

"H-how did you know me?" Echo asked in confusion, but she shook it off quickly. "And I'm not really sure what about me qualifies as interesting... The most interesting thing about me is that I spent time in a hospital, but that's pretty normal." (Ha, hospital time really isn't that normal. Echo knew that, but she didn't really care.)

"And combat sounds good. Knowing that couldn't hurt anyone, right? I'll be there if it's okay?"
D duegxybus

Delusional Bat-man
Roxanne Tanner "Red"
Miko Andermann "Tecton"
Roxanne chuckled. "You can have the entire pla-" The woman shouted and ducked under the counter when she heard Miko screaming.

"Agh! What the fuck!" The teen cried out in pain, clutching his shoulder which seemed to bleed when he was hit against the wall. "First you barge into our store, and then you assault me!" Miko wasn't scared at this point. Rather, he was irritated. So irritated that he pointed to the exit. "Get out of my store! Unless you provide a hero ID I don't have to tell you shit! You delusional bat-man!"

Roxanne pulled out her 9mm handgun and pointed it straight at the bat-man's helmet. "Assaulting my employees are a big no-no. If you want to tangle, let's take it outside. But this isn't a cosplay convention." In her other hand was a phone. Now there was a link. She was ready to call someone. Someone who could exterminate this bat-man in one bullet. She sighed and lowered both her weapon and the phone. Her voice changed tone to something different. Something extremely soothing, calming, and even sedating. "Sir...please leave my bakery if you aren't going to eat." A very strong urge would come over the bat-man to simply walk out of the house. Anyone listening would only hear Roxanne's calming voice, but not feel compelled to do anything but feel like she was something else. The most important aspect of her power was that it wasn't detectable as a form of mind control.

Just for the sake of back-up, Roxanne did hit the call button, and pressed one. The phone was on silent and under the desk, so it couldn't be known that she called.

Sleepy Asian Sleepy Asian Foundry Foundry wickedlittlecritta wickedlittlecritta

The Black Devil

"Go ahead, shoot... The moment you empty the clip, you'd be dead before you can even reload" He said threateningly before reeling his arm back to make a punch, which was an intimidation tactic that worked most of the time. He would suddenly turn blank, his mind confused. Red's power was strong, too strong, he was a man after all. The years of training he spent in Asia to train his mind would kick in, but it was a tie. He would then let go of his iron grip against miko as he dropped down to his knees holding his head in pure agony and pain. His training is strong, but her power was stronger. He would now be stuck fighting a painful battle in his mind, trying to resist the urges.
D duegxybus wickedlittlecritta wickedlittlecritta Foundry Foundry

Jake Northpeak
Nobody opened the door for Jake, but he heard a scuffle inside. Sounds like an unwanted person was there. It didn't seem like robbery, but Jake didn't know for sure. He quietly opened the door and took in the scene. There was a boy, younger than him, who was recovering from injuries sustained by a guy who was in a funny costume (Batman?). A woman was holding a gun up to Batman's head, telling him to take it outside. But then she started talking in a different voice, one that definitely was used intentionally, and one that caused the Batman guy to drop down to his knees. Normally he would've walked out to find another place to save time, but he was free until his lunch break was over, so he had time to kill. He watched as the Batman held his head, like he had just been kicked in the brain. Was there something he missed? Why was he holding his head like that? Jacob had no clue, but he knew that something was going on that ran deeper than what he could see.

He assessed the situation. He had about an inch of height on the Batman guy, and was pretty well fed from this morning's breakfast and snacking throughout the day. It was clear to him that Batman guy was the enemy here, and he needed to be taken out from the bakery. However, he decided not to actively contribute to the situation, as it seemed like it was under control. He grabbed a couple loaves of bread under his arm and waited by the counter, watching the scene unfold.

Sleepy Asian Sleepy Asian D duegxybus wickedlittlecritta wickedlittlecritta

Cathal McKay

This was altogther entirely more weirdness than Cathal had planned on. "Listen," he said, holding the plate of pastries defensively near his face, because even if the gun wasn't being aimed at him right now, he didn't want any excuse for it to get there, "This looks like a really big misunderstanding, right? I bet we can figure this out, if we stop hitting each other. Huh? Let's just. Let's all have a nice pastry and work this out." Sometimes you could stop fights like that. Or at least, he'd stopped a couple of bar fights this way, the kind that were all ugliness and no fun, and didn't have any good reason for the ugliness. He wasn't sure if he ought to to hope that it was connected to his little bit of luckiness or not, the kind that always seemed to tip things in his favor. It had stopped working so well, once he'd realized it was an actual power instead of the way the universe just seemed to go. Best not to think about it, just in case.

He did have to spare a glance and a raised eyebrow for the stranger who came in, saw a gun, and then decided to wait in line for bread anyway. Who did that?

Sleepy Asian Sleepy Asian D duegxybus Foundry Foundry

Lacy walked with Amelia to the field trying to be as calming and soothing as possible. She smiled and generally looked as sunny as possible. As they arrived she stood at the edge of the field trying to look innocuous yet supportive. She decided the best way to do that was to act like this was a normal day on the field. So as Amelia began to focus in, Lacy armored up.
She was vaguely aware that Amelia had magma based powers but she looked forward to seeing what she could actually do with them. It had the capacity to be tremendously powerful (Every volcanic eruption ever stood testament to that) However, Amelia being ranked as a sidekick hinted that she wasn't to that level yet and based on her small display she was very much focused on control. When Amelia had backed over to the wall she clapped gleefully, 'That was great Amelia!" She cheered, "What else have you got?"
Moonshadow Moonshadow

Amelia Lockheart
Ember Gold
She looked over at the two spectators and smiled a little at their faces. "Oh, the magma can come from both. When I touched the ground, I had manipulated it up from underground. That's a easy way to do it since with summoning the magma if I lose too much concentration, the magma will turn into smoke. But if I manipulate it from the ground it'll stay on surface so I can manipulate it again. All my powers count on my concentration, since I'm aware this is a dangerous gift. If I went wild I would hurt a lot of people, so I had to train myself to focus." She said to Chameleon.

She heard Paladin's remark and turned to her. "Ah, I wanted to show you how I can surround objects with the magma without severe burns. I'm going to test it with a bomb dummy, if there's too much heat it'll explode. So, I recommend standing further back." Amelia then turned her attention to the dummy and touched her hand to the ground once the two were out of the way.

SP3CT3R SP3CT3R theunderwolf theunderwolf (anyone else who wants to spectate)

Conway had to rub his hair as he tilted his and tried to understand what was happening. Which was hard considering he had an evil bunny giving him advices while the voices in his head where telling him to do something else. "What do you mean I can't destroy this thing?" He had been told earlier that it was some evil chocolate by 'Them' and his purpose was to destroy every one of them. "Con, don't, that chocolate looks like the delicious thing known as Carrot." Hops spoke out in alarm. He had to blink as he looked at the thing that was chocolate and saw that it indeed looked like a carrot, something that he hated and loved at the same time. "But they say that its evil and I destroy anything evil, even chocolate and even baby strollers." He had no idea why he had been asked to destroy certain things or had an idea as to why they where evil? If they told him it was evil, his voices never lied to him before.

Hops had to sigh before jumping high up and coming down really hard on Conway face. "No one messes with Master Carrot." The next thing Hops knew was that his face was being grabbed by Conway and he was being lifted up slowly. "You asshole." He growled out before tossing him into some cat. "Hopsuna go and destroy the cat." He yelled out while imitating as if he was throwing some type of ball (pokeball). He had to be amazed at how hard Hops was being scratched until it was knocked out. "Catora wins."

What?
Roxanne Tanner "Red"
Miko Andermann "Tecton"
The subsequent events came to a total surprise for Roxanne. She didn't even raise her voice, and the bat-man collapsed to the ground in pain. He must've had either very high or very low mental strength. Roxanne expected higher. She sighed and rang up the man at the counter for the loaves of bread, giving him a faint smile as she did. "Would you like to me warm up the bread for you? Also, please ignore the scuffle going on right now. One of my employees was just assaulted."

Miko winced and flexed his shoulder that was hurt in the process. Now he was clearly upset. The pain of his throbbing shoulder combined with his irritation with this bat-man only made him about as angry as anyone in his situation would be. Miko grabbed the bat-man by the helmet and pulled his head to face him. "Get the hell out of my shop."

He simply dropped the bat-man and went back behind the counter. Clearly, he was in pain from the bat-man's grip. He began to dig through the back for bandages for his shoulder. When he couldn't find any, the boy gave up and disgustedly sat down in the back with a grimace on his face. It would've been easier to tell the cosplayer that he was Tecton rather than endure all this pain.

Sleepy Asian Sleepy Asian wickedlittlecritta wickedlittlecritta Foundry Foundry

*Red's nickname was given to her by her Polish boyfriend in college. Her boyfriend was then diagnosed with schizophrenia, and tried to commit suicide. Ever since then, Red held onto the name dearly.

The Reporter
Faith Pickett
"Lunch time's over? Dammit." The brown-haired reporter glanced at her watch and began to walk back toward the large skyscraper in the distance, where her office was. On the way there, she saw several police barricades around the Fells Wargo bank. Officers were barking commands at detectives, and it was overall a busy place. The words she could make out were "Tecton" and "field."

She began to walk around the bank, avoiding the officers. Thoughts raced in her mind about how she was going to exactly explain that she was late on coming back. Once she made it to the back of the bank, she reached for her bag and began fishing around for some things. Finally, she found a silver rain poncho. As Faith made her sketchy preparations to get a perfect shot of the crime scene, she put her camera between her teeth.

OPEN FOR INTERACTION

*Faith started her reporter career when she was in a school newspaper club at age 11.

Jake Northpeak
Jake looked down at the two loaves of bread, then at a clock in the corner. He had time and plus, who didn't like a warm loaf of bread? He smiled a tiny bit at the woman who asked him, "Sure." He pulled out some bills and placed them on the counter, looking around at the store and the scene in front of him. The employee who was assaulted walked away, probably to tend to his wounds, leaving the Batman guy on the ground. In Jake's opinion, this wasn't a good move. What if the guy got up? And assaulted more people? That wouldn't be good, but Jake was happy that he thought of it before it could happen.

Jake also just noticed that the store had another man in it as well, a man who was giving Jake a quizzical look. What was that about? He ignored it, and checked his phone. He hadn't gotten any alerts from work yet, so that was a plus. He had a few contracts sent to him from people who wanted dirty work done for them, however nothing looked too interesting to him. Plus, he carried out a contract yesterday, and he needed some downtime. He put his phone back in his pocket and did his least favorite thing: killing time.

Sleepy Asian Sleepy Asian D duegxybus wickedlittlecritta wickedlittlecritta

Conglomerate II

[border]

"Hmm... yes that'll be excellent hue!" Kuma would then get to work on creating some form of new gadget at his workstation which was massive. "ASDF SDKFJSD:LGSDL:KGJSD:LJ!" He was frankly very excited.

Rylan would looked to Irene and nodded. "Oh yeah sure that'll be great.You're Blue's sidekick so you definitely had more action than me. Kuma's always told me to acquire new experiences with as many people as possible. It's better to train with more than just one master than with a single one."

D duegxybus Space_Kaiser Space_Kaiser B BlueClover Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed

[/border]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back