• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Heroes and Villains{In-Character}

Amelia Lockheart
Ember Gold
Amelia looked down at her food she had placed on the table. Equals... She thought back to her looking into the store. We are far from it. She looked up when Umbra used his tail and her eyes widened. It was so close to her, she was tempted to touch it, but didn't want to upset him.

She didn't even notice Daughter Earth there until the two heroes greeted each other. She tried her best not to freak out again as she grabbed her soda and sipped at it. When Umbra mentioned the mission he was on, she glanced down at her phone with the message still sprawled on it. She tapped 'dismiss' before looking back up at and blushing at Umbra's remark. "S-sorry." She muttered softly as she stopped sipping on her drink and tried to eat some food.

She watched out of the corner of her eye Umbra play with One and Daughter Earth, she couldn't help herself to imagine what it'll be like to a hero herself. But, they are so powerful and she, quite frankly, isn't. She was taken off guard when Umbra asked her a question and responded with "huh?" She quickly shook her head, apoglizing before answering with an actual response. "I can manipulate magma, sir. I came up with Ember Gold because it just reminded me of how cool magma looks..." She said shyly, but at least she wasn't stuttering.

B BlueClover Space_Kaiser Space_Kaiser

Shit's done m8
Dávid Kowalczyk "Blue"
Irene Adler "Deadweight"
The duo made their way back to the HQ following the events of the villain. On their way in, they saw the sidekick known as Pulsefire on his way out. Dávid simply extended his hand and held him on the way out, using his enhanced cybernetic strength to keep him in place. "It's done. Come inside, kid."

Irene stuck her tongue out at Rylan and giggled. The two made their way into the HQ and into the room with Kuma, Girl Spider, Tornado Boy, and some new hero. "Shit's done, guys. Stopped a robbery. Some confused kid..." Dávid rubbed his head and turned on his cybernetic fan to cool down.

Irene looked around at everyone. Despite being a sidekick, she'd seen more action than quite a bit of heroes. In that respect, she looked at the two sidekicks with a blank face.
"There's a new hero here? What can you do?" She turned to Echo and looked at her with a stern, yet somewhat bored face.

Meanwhile, Dávid turned to Kuma.
"This is kind of important as well. You all better beware. This villain known as Tecton is now ranked danger level 2, not 1. He isn't messing around at all."

YoungX YoungX Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed B BlueClover

Umbra
Umbra simply smiled at her. "Yes the control over something as elegant and powerful as magma is a fine power, with a fine hero name with it." He said taking before taking a bite of his sandwich. "Given time and training I am sure even you will be able to control your power to the fullest extent. Then again my own is always adapting so much that when i master it another portion of it appears." He said lightly laughing that off. He began to take a sip of his drink before an idea ran across his mind. He then put it down and looked at Ember Gold with a tender smile. "You know it just came to me that all my eight years of being a hero, and five being a level two, that I've never had a sidekick. Not because I didn't want to take a young hero under my wing, or tail in this instance, but because I never had the full opportunity." Umbra said looking down at his plate. "What i'm trying to get across here is that if you don't already have a particular hero in mind I would be more than willing to accept you as my sidekick." Umbra said giving his trademark smile towards the girl.

Moonshadow Moonshadow B BlueClover

Daughter Earth
Daughter Earth listened to the conversation, her eyes widening at the girl's powers. She got herself a coffee when she heard Umbra's proposal and slightly spit into her drink. "Easy there Umbra. The girl is still nervous and giving her the offer so quick." The girl rubbed some coffee residue from her chin. "Interesting power."

The girl moved her pinky as the coffee started to rise from the cup. She twirled it into the air before allowing it to sink back into the cup. "I manipulate Earth and Water. Reason why the name is Daughter Earth. Your power is something cool yet dangerous, with a little work it can become a powerful weapon. I would show you Earth but then I'd have to bring a boulder in here." She chuckled to herself, still surprised at Umbra's sudden fascination with the girl.
Space_Kaiser Space_Kaiser Moonshadow Moonshadow

Amelia Lockheart
Ember Gold
She was taking small bites of her food as he talked. Training with her powers was something she did to an extent. All she ever had to worry about when working under her other hero was to capture the robber. Which she learned to do without hurting anyone. But, she could hardly imagine her powers being more than that.

Then, she heard his proposal and almost choked on her food. She quickly grabbed her drink and swallowed greedily. He did it so casually! Me. Being his first sidekick? No way! I'm sure there's someone, anyone better than me he can... She glanced over at Daughter when she spoke. "A-ah... I-I don't h-hope to become a p-powerful weapon, ma'am. I-I just wanna help. And I know what you do, Miss. Daughter Earth. Y-you don't have to show me." She said nervously before looking at Umbra.

"A-and... I-I'm not sure. I'm sure you can find other sidekicks who can b-better keep u-up with you, like Deadweight and Blue." She felt like passing out, they were being so nice and she was there embrassing herself. Of all the times I wish someone would rob a bank, I'll finally give me an excuse to run out of here.

Space_Kaiser Space_Kaiser B BlueClover

Umbra
Umbra smiled at Daughter Earth and laughed at himself. "You're right. I've never had the opportunity to ask for a sidekick personally, which is what I would rather do than have the government assign one to me. So I guess you can say I took the chance and jumped the gun a little." He said chuckling a little before looking back at Ember. "You don't have to accept right away, you don't even have to accept if you don't want to. However don't ever sell yourself down like that at all. By doing so you are letting yourself think your weak so you fight like you are the weak. Doing the opposite and giving yourself courage and strength to move forward is the ideal way of living, well in my opinion." He then ate a few bites of his sandwich before saying a few more words. "But I am serious, I'd be more than willing to take you under my wing and teach you what I know. If Daughter Earth here will help out of course." He said moving a hand to her direction.

B BlueClover Moonshadow Moonshadow

Leo Vance/Chameleon

Leo sat down at a table adjacent to the other heroes with a slice of chocolate cake. He turned towards Amelia and asked, "Hey, you're Lava Girl, aren't you? No wonder Umbra wants a sidekick all of the sudden. You're the talk of the town!" He lopped off the corner of his cake, and raised it to his mouth before pausing and asking, "I'm Leo, by the way. A.K.A. Chameleon, in case you couldn't tell."

Space_Kaiser Space_Kaiser Moonshadow Moonshadow B BlueClover

Amelia Lockheart
Ember Gold
She blushed a little at his words and nodded slowly. "I-I mean, I guess I'm doing better than I was before." She found herself twirling her hair in between her fingers. "S-so I can learn..." She thought back to the days outside in the training fields by herself. It took her forever to finally be able to wrap magma around something without having it melt. At first she would use cups and was able to harden the magma around it. Her eyes had lit up when she touched the molten rock and saw the cup stayed intact.

She wanted to learn more skills like hand-to-hand combat, or strategy. But, she found herself repeating learning about her powers because there was nothing to fail at there. She could be mere perfect and she would be satisfied. Then, why don't I feel satisfied yet? She thought.

She flinched when she heard another hero come in and sit. "L-lava girl?" She repeated, wondering who gave her a name like that. Also, talk of the town? I highly doubt it. "I-I know who you are. My little brother loves you." She smiled a little to herself, thinking back to him. "H-he would freak if he met you."

Space_Kaiser Space_Kaiser SP3CT3R SP3CT3R

Umbra
"It's good to see you Chameleon, hope you've been taking care of business." Umbra said towards the man with a smile. He then looked at Ember and spoke. "And he isn't exactly wrong. I played it off, but what happened at the mall today was handled like professionally. Here let me show you." Umbra pulled out his phone and opened the news app. Asides from the major story of the day, Dozen estimated dead in robbery halted by Umbra and Blue, the other story was how a girl with magma powers stopped a robbery inside Havaera Mall, with witnesses noting the girl looking to be a newcomer to the hero scene and sources acknowledging her as a member of the association. "See? You did good today and that's the first step." He said with a kind smile. "Well anyways i'm off to see Kuma. It was good to see you Julia and Leo, hopefully we'll see each other soon." He then turned his attention to Ember again. "Oh and Ember, my offer still stands. If you want to follow through i'll be in Kuma's lab, but if you do come be careful around him. He has good intentions but his eccentricity can be a bit overwhelming." He said laughing a little before waving goodbye and walking off towards Kuma's lab.

Umbra was walking down the halls of the HQ and soon reached Kuma's lab. He walked in and saw the three others. "Hey Kuma. Nice to see you here to Spider and Tornado." Umbra said waving at them. He then looked someone in the lab he hasn't seen around before. "Hello there, haven't seen you around before. You new to the association, cause if so coming to this lab as your first visit is sort of a bad idea if you ask me." Umbra said trying to tease Kuma a little.

Moonshadow Moonshadow B BlueClover SP3CT3R SP3CT3R YoungX YoungX

Conglomerate

[border]

Rylan had come back to the lab, disappointed that he hadn't gotten to do anything.

As Kuma nibs on some cheese, he would get a grasp of the situation. "Hmm... not everyday we have a villain go up the ranks. Hue. I'll keep a close eye on this Tecton. Hue. You never know what youth is capable of these days. Hue."

"Yeah I'm raring to go. He shows up again then I'll be there to help! Of course granted that I'll be of use." Rylan would grab some cheese crackers and ate some.

Kuma then looked to Umbra. "Ah Umbra perfect timing. Have you considered being part of my ever-growing research on the origins of super powers? Your powers are an extremely rare breed and I believe that by studying your bodily composition, I should be able to at least ascertain a source. Hue. Cheese anyone? I have a fondue with crackers." There would be a cheese fountain with loads of crackers.

D duegxybus Space_Kaiser Space_Kaiser B BlueClover Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed

[/border]

Earth Queen
Julia sipped her coffee as Chameleon came into view. She waved at him, smiling slightly when she heard the popularity of Amelia who didn't seem to like it much. Julia looked off as Umbra walked off, giving a fast wave. She cleared her throat, a long silence before she decided to speak.

"Scary, huh?" At first she left it vague, taking another pause as if trying to find words she had said before. "The idea of getting popular. You kinda remind me of me when I first got the job. Thousand made me so nervous, it felt like a sugar high. I'm surprised he let me ask so many questions...then again I had to keep asking what he said meant." She gave a light laugh at the memory, remembering herself as a feral child who could only control stones and puddle water.

"It will get better with time, trust me." She studied the girl, leaning on her elbow while talking to her. She wasn't the best with advice so she just kept it at that, anything else might come out like bad advice.
SP3CT3R SP3CT3R Moonshadow Moonshadow

Amelia Lockheat
Ember Gold
Amelia got quiet for a moment listening to what she had to say. She looked down at her hands. "It's not that I don't like the idea of getting popular... I'm just suprised it's over something as simple as that or humiliated is a better term." She twisted her fingers together as she kept on speaking.

"You should get popular over the impact you served. Even if let's say you didn't throw the best of punches, or you got defeated and someone else finished for you, you should still get recongized. You went there and fought because people could get killed, and you want to make sure everyone is safe. You went there to make sure a family didn't loose a mother or father, you went there to make sure no one lost anyone. What I did shouldn't even deserve a mention. I knew he wasn't a threat and that's why I went after him. It was easy. It was something I could say I accomplish. If I were to get popular, I want it to be because I fought a battle that has stakes. Something that I needed to try my best either if I win or lose."

When she looked up and realized she was babbling, she blushed and ate a couple of bites of her food. She stood up quickly. "I-I better get going. S-sorry I was r-rambling. Excuse me." She threw away her trash and managed an awkwardly small smile to the two. "It was nice meeting you two..." She turned around and quickly left.

B BlueClover SP3CT3R SP3CT3R

Breast Friends
Roxanne Tanner "Red"
Miko Andermann "Tecton"
Roxanne looked at the mirror in her bathroom. She gently bit her lower lip, her mouth curling into a smirk. A drop of water slid down the side of her face and dropped onto her foot. The woman had trained her senses to acutely respond to small things like such, by simply dripping water onto her body. Her head turned to the left at the sound of gravel crunching. She quickly dressed and walked out of the bathroom.

Miko had a long walk from the city. A walk of shame, if you will. He had taken his mask off, revealing a large wound on his forehead from Blue's bullet. He checked his watch. It was getting time for his friends to get worried if he made it back too late. He let out a groan of disappointment as he arrived at the front door of a large house. Miko raised his hand to knock, but was greeted by the door opening.

A black-haired woman smiled sadly at him, suddenly embracing him with open arms. The two didn't exchange any words, they just held onto each other for a solid minute. A tear rolled down Roxanne's face as she ran her hand over Miko's forehead wound.

"Mnh, ow. Don't touch it."
The teen whined, pushing the woman away.
"Miko, you can't just keep going out like this. You just got shot." Roxanne lead the young man into the house, nearly forcing him to take a seat. "Stupid heroes. I didn't get anything for us. Look." Miko pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket.

Roxanne's eyes widened as she recognized the paper immediately.
"Where did you get that?!" She practically reached out to grab it out of his hand, but Miko pulled it away almost as if he was teasing her. Roxanne pouted. "Valkyrie grenade film. I got into an encounter with Umbra, but guess who did this to me?"

The woman looked at her hand, sighing. "Blue. Obviously, it had to be that bastard."
"Yep." Miko rubbed his forehead and sighed, laying down in the couch. He absentmindedly stared at the ceiling. Roxanne stroked the boy's hair with a half-smirk half-smile on her face. "You'll get your wings eventually. You just need to work harder, Miko. You're a bit of a slacker."

Slowly, but surely, the two ended up dozing off on the couch.

OPEN FOR INTERACTION
*Note: This hideout is disguised as a bakery. Any villains that need to get a job or have heard about "Tecton's" whereabouts can knock on the door. Or, you can just be anyone knocking on the door.

Umbra
Umbra sighed a little and then looked at Kuma. "My power is a great source of mystery and questions. I mean hell numerous internet boards and media channels periodically have discussions about the origins of my power, and I simply say I was just born with it. I want to find out Kuma, and frankly I believe you may be the only person who can. I would be more than willing to join in this experiment." Umbra said seriously. He then opened his palm and a shadow aura appeared. He looked at it and knew something was up, it was different than his teleportation shadow as this seemed undeveloped and different. "What do you know, as we're talking about it something new appears. Guess that girl it all together than I do compared to me in this regard." Umbra said with a smile before looking back at Kuma.

YoungX YoungX B BlueClover Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed

Lacy Mckay
After stripping down to a tanktop and shorts (Lunching in armor was a little extreme, even for her),Lacy enjoyed her lunch immensely. A lot of protein a lot of greens and a small cookie because she was allowed guilty pleasures after a six hour workout. She ate quietly, and by herself. She usually did, she could tell she accidently intimidated most of the staff and would hate to scare anyone! They would approach her when they were ready and she could make friends then. She was a lighthouse and eventually ships would sail in and...get dashed against the rocks the lighthouse was trying to warn them about. It was a really poor metaphor under further inspection. Maybe she should actually try and approach someone as kindly as possible. But how? As she thought about it she instinctively went to her gear case and pulled out her knitting needles, working furiously at her shawl. After a while she found herself eavesdropping on a conversation and got really excited. Amelia (She memorized all the heroes and sidekicks names and faces, it was professional) Was right on point! She loved it!
Eagerly she packed away her things but was dismayed to discover Amelia was already at the trashcan. Rushing a little she arrived at the exit with yarn still in hand. "I heard what you said over there Amelia!" She said brightly, with a near literally blinding smile, "I love it! You are going to be great. "I'm Lacy by the way. Paladin if that matters."

Amelia Lockheart
Ember Gold
She heard everything I said?! Did I talk that loudly? She thought in a panic when Paladin stopped to talk to her. She looked so different without her armor on, but didn't doubt she could still pack a punch. The guys back at school would go nuts for Paladin, it was a perfect combo for them. Once again, she had to talk to a hero she admired.

"A-ah. Nice to meet you..." Amelia said shyly, trying to cover the blush when she mentioned she'll do great. Also, the fact she had went on her whole tangent before. "I-I was j-just saying w-what I thought was true." She didn't know what else to say to that comment. She didn't feel like it was an emotional or outstanding speech. It was simply something that tugged on her heart and felt quite once she finally got it out. "B-but I should be going. I-I'm going to see if t-there's anything I can do..."

theunderwolf theunderwolf

The Black Devil

After months of continuous theorizing, detective work, and searching, he finally could pinpoint one suspected place. A nearby bakery that may or may not contain a known villain named as "tecton" who just conducted a bank roberry. After multiple hours he finally concluded that it is plausible and suited up. The name of the black devil is well known around the city, well it's well known but not enough to the point where most think that it's a myth, but the people of the criminal underworld know otherwise. He uses this as an advantage since most villains have never met the black devil in person, they usually have no idea how to react to it. He sets out and uses the shadows cast by the sun to hide from the public eye. Some people, fortunate or not, managed to see the silhouette of a bat-like huge creature going from rooftop to rooftop with a ragged, scalloped black cape that was bigger than their body. Of course this led them to freak out, but most people dismiss it. He finally then drops down and walks to the streets. Since he is a vigilante, there has been many discussions on the internet of him, whether he is a villain or not. Most people decide to think that he is both, a villain and a hero but the rest that didn't agree think of him as a villain. One of them was at that very place and naturally, called for the heroes. Almost all civilians evacuated in fear, from just the mere sight of him alone. He expects that maybe a ranked hero like Paladin or Blue to come after him, although it would be more convenient if they didn't interrupt his work. He would then knock three times on the door, waiting for it to open.

D duegxybus

Cathal McKay​

Cathal stayed and played at the bus stop until he got bored, and then packed up, his guitar slung over his back, and went out into the streets to see if anything interesting was going on. And this was Havaera. Something interesting was always going on.

There had been a couple of hero actions, while he'd been busy serenading commuters. Cathal scanned the headlines on his phone, and didn't realized he'd held his breath until he exhaled. His sister wasn't involved in any of them. It wasn't like he really had to worry. Lacey could take care of herself. But still. She was the only big sister he had, even if she was obnoxious.

He would never, ever tell her he worried though.

Wandering around, he came to a the weird bakery that seemed to always be closed. He slowed down and frowned at it. What if he knocked? Maybe someone would answer. Maybe no one would answer, and he could break in, and maybe there would be muffins left abandoned that he could rescue.

Before he started over to the bakery, someone dressed like a goddamned bat arrived.

Cathal squinted. He'd heard rumors about some other vigilante who went around dressed like a bat, but he hadn't thought it was real. He looked around to see if anybody else had noticed, but there was no one else on the street, so he went over.

"You looking to interrogate some muffins, Batsy? I could probably help."

Sleepy Asian Sleepy Asian D duegxybus

Sprinting, or something similar to it, is what he was doing. Large spectral arms extending past him, gripping into the ground and launching his body forward at high speeds. He stuck to the alleys, only being seen as he jumped over streets and raced up the side of buildings, sometimes as he threw himself onto the other rooftops. He found himself in an alley yet again after pulling himself down diagonally back onto the ground from the side of the building, he was getting close. He had memorized the layout of the city, the path to the target, and the anticipation made his heart empty feeling. How many would die, the destruction.... He let the wind pass through the hole in the back of his throat before he launched himself across another street.
As he passed by, a rather sparse sidewalk on the far end of the street, time slowed for a moment. He glanced into the eyes of his reflection. The eyes, hair, skin tone, only a small facial mark and normal teeth separating the two as individuals. He rolled over his spectral hand into the entrance of the alley he was heading to and planted his claws into the ground, quickly stopping, his feet sliding on the ground momentarily. He looked back out the alley over his shoulder in shock. Who was that? He pulled his claw out of the ground and turned to face the figure. Perhaps just a flash of psychosis... A fleeting memory. A dream or mirage.
Hopefully. He couldn't face it if it was his conscious.
The Chronicler The Chronicler

Elliot began walking, his dufflebag filled with acessories of all kinds, his AR15, and a hanful of grenades. Just in case. Elliot was thinking up a good storm, wondering what his next plan of attack would be, or stop an attack, he couldn't be for sure. His jacket covered the additional magazines hanging from his belt, he tugged on one to be sure they wouldn't fall out, he didn't want to be fined a price so large because of illegal weaponr-

That's when he saw it, a man, gliding through the air, it wasn't just the man flying through and jumping over obstacles, it was the man's facial features, his entire head to be exact. Elliot watched the man's movement, until he stopped, Elliot squinted, it was like looking into a mirror. He had this sort of connection with the figure, as if he wanted to stick around the man's side, assist him on difficult tasks.

Elliot stood somewhat confused, but also, very intrigued. "If you don't mind me asking, who are you?"
RedVehemence RedVehemence

Oh hell no
Miko Andermann
Roxanne Tanner
As Miko felt himself nearly fall asleep on his best friend's shoulder, the woman perked up. The sound of footsteps outside lead to Roxanne picking up her 9mm handgun. "Блядь (Fuck)." She kept the weapon behind her back and hitched it onto her dress. She looked at herself on the mirror next to the door to make sure her appearance was on point.

Then the footsteps ceased, and someone knocked three times on the door. Then the sound of someone else saying a witty thing reached Roxanne's ear. She chuckled slightly and opened the door, giving a warm and charismatic smile to the two men. Roxanne leaned against the doorframe.
"Welcome! You boys hungry? We have many pastries, and the first one's free!" She propped up the door and walked back to the couch. She tapped Miko on the shoulder and went behind the counter to prepare food.

"Yeah, guys, welcome to the store." Miko had no evidence of being Tecton. His outfit was different, and his accent was different than the voice that Tecton spoke in. Furthermore, the mask seemed to have disappeared completely. He gave a half-smirk to the batman cosplayer and the other man. "Nice costume, sir. Mind telling me which cosplay convention you're going to?" It was a completely innocent question from Miko, though it could easily be misinterpreted.

Sleepy Asian Sleepy Asian wickedlittlecritta wickedlittlecritta

Last edited:
Elliot stood somewhat confused, but also, very intrigued. "If you don't mind me asking, who are you?"
It was all to real. The man was real. There were many emotions rushing through him. He wanted to kill him, but couldn't stand the thought of this mirror image of him dying. Quite a novel feeling. He couldn't shake it off, and found himself unable to answer the man before him as naturally and he should have been able to.
His chest rose and fell in rather heavy breaths as he faced his twin of sorts. He started towards the man before hesitation gripped him. Now was not the time to get... Strange? He had to go, and not only that, but he was a villain, how was this civilian of any consequence to him. In fact, he had slowed him down exponentially. He shook his head and called back, "If you know whats good for you, you'd stay out of my way." He turned his back to the figure and cracked his neck to both sides. It was about time to get back on track and forget about this encounter.

The Black Devil

"No" was all he said to the man who offered him help. He would then enter the bakery, his tall physique towering over them. His entire body was covered by his cape, which dragged across the floor. "I am looking for a man named tecton" he said. His voice was very similar to the voices you'd hear if Batman was on the tv. The deep, robust voice of kevin conroy was seemingly copied perfectly by him.
D duegxybus wickedlittlecritta wickedlittlecritta

i don't know if you ever watched justice league:dark but the fact that cathal called him batsy and how he looked, i imagine he sounded like john constantine XD

Elliot didn't like the development that unfolded, he essentially met his match, a twin of some proportion. His thoughts rambled on about what to do, what would happen, who would die because of this matchup. He couldn't care less about deaths, hell at this point in Elliot's life, he couldn't care who died in a falling building, he couldn't care about who died in a massive power outage in a hospital.

By the time his 'twin' cracked his neck, Elliot formed himself in his Phantom, although it was bright as hell outside and in public, he couldn't care less. His Phantom started exerting steam, as it well, was burning up and losing its density. "I sadly don't know what's good for me, so I'm coming along." Elliot or rather yet, Phantom, was very well determined to follow the man.
RedVehemence RedVehemence

Echo stared blankly at the group, clearly overwhelmed. Her hands fiddled with a small cube making a slight clicking noise. It was mostly black with sides green where the fidget bits were. Yep, Echo had a fidget cube. (Why a cube? Why not a sphere? That was not shape inclusive... Echo didn't like that. They could have at least pyramids... Very unfair to other shapes. Also, the fair and square? Why not fair and circle! Having only squares isn't fair...) She liked it, just clicking gave her something to do with nervous energy. Sometimes her personality was like the winds, it wasn't always predictable. "So... Kuma... Um, you never answered my question. Are you a, um, bear?" It was a stupid question, but she had to ask.
YoungX YoungX Space_Kaiser Space_Kaiser B BlueClover

Users who are viewing this thread

Back