• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Hell's Four Brothers

e v i

just a girly doing her best
Roleplay Type(s)
Heya! I posted this thread a long time ago, but I abandoned it, but now I'm kinda craving it again, so thought I'd throw it out there. :3 Take a looksee!

You may not know this, but the "Devil" is not a being. It is a title, and every so thousand years, the Ruler of Hell holds a game for their offspring before he or she vanishes into ash and dust. The object of the game: kill your brothers and sisters. As awful as it may seem, the reward is of much more value than family relations. The reward is the crown of Hell, the Ruler's position, and millions of demon lives at leisurely disposal, among other things. In present day Earth, the Devil has four sons all fully qualified for the position. They are all infamous for each of their unique qualities and abilities. Everything is as it should be, they all thought at first.

Days before the actual game, the brothers are required to "take a world walk", which in Hell terms means to study the Earth, to get a good grasp at what will be laying in their claws. Being a King or Queen doesn't mean willy-nilly destruction after all. During their separate "world walk", the entrance to Hell located in Aokigahara Forest simply closed. There was no explanation as to why or how. It only closed. There were rumors that God was playing some kind of cruel joke, or that the Ruler of Hell vanished earlier than expected and there was no power source, or that the gate is simply too old to carry on. Either way, four little devils are stuck in Japan with nothing but a human identity and form, a secluded mansion, a nanny, millions of dollars, and a tiny idea of Japanese -- hell, human -- culture.

With little clue of when the gate is supposed to be open again(and the clue is awhile), the four siblings must disguise themselves as humans to avoid destroying the order and balance of Earth. That, and they must attend school to avoid further suspicion. Disguised and conspicuous(sort of), they enroll in the middle of the year.

Meanwhile, the students at Karui High School are stunned at the four new brothers arriving. They're the ones that live in that mansion, the rumors say. They're mysterious. Making connections with the demon brothers, intentionally or not, the closer they become to the humans and each other, the farther away their crown gets. But there's nothing to worry about... right?

。 I really like intelligent responses to my posts. Not a fan of the kind of partners that kind of dismiss my posts and steer the plot in a sporadic direction. I take the time to get to know your characters, to take great interest in them, to write and consider them in my posts, so please do the same?
。 At least two paragraphs a post. At least.
。 For posting frequency, I can fluctuate, but I usually at least get in a post daily or every two days! I won't ask the same of you, to get posts in daily or every two days I mean, but I would appreciate a couple of posts a week at least. I will also inform my partner if I'm super, super busy and am unable to post.
。 If you read all of these, tell me your favorite color in the PM you send me.
。 I'd prefer my partner to be 18+ please.
。 I don't mind cursing or dark elements in a roleplay at all, so don't be afraid to incorporate that into our roleplay. However, I don't want someone all doom and gloom all the time either.
。 I do love character sheets, so expect to do those.
。 Romance will most likely occur in this roleplay, so I must say that I absolutely can roleplay hetero and homo relationships between any genders. I don't really do the whole dominant and submissive, seme and uke thing. Characters are what they are, and their personality doesn't define their sexual preferences, right?

Okay, we're done with the boring stuff. Now!
- The only character I have for sure fleshed out is the fourth brother, so I call dibs. Other than that, you can have any brother you'd like, and I'll take the leftover.
- Coupled with playing the brothers, I'd like to play students at Karui High School too, to add a romantic (and hilarious) touch.
- Homo and hetero pairings are welcome. Anything goes.
- I may or may not obsess over our characters, so don't be freaked out.

This sounds really interesting! Admittedly though there are a lot of facets of japanese culture and social normes that I don't know too well, but if I were to join this roleplay I'd of course try to do my best to begin to research it. Still it's likely I might slip up more than once or twice.

Incidently, while I do generally know how to write good characters, I'm still relatively new to roleplaying and so I'm not too sure what a character sheet is.

Oh, I'm glad to have sparked your interest! If it's too much trouble, the RP does not have to be Japanese. We can do any other setting! c: Whatever you're comfortable with.

Ah, I see! What made you get into roleplaying, just out of curiosity? c:
A character sheet is a layout of some sort that gives you an introduction to a certain character. For example:

Name: Ethan Lowe
Personality:
+ Gregarious
+ Charming
+ Genuine
- Selfish
- Distant
- Blunt
Brief Background: Ethan was born in a household of three siblings, a father as an engineer, and a stay-at-home mother. He had a happy life with no problems whatsoever. Blah, blah, blah.

Of course, some character sheets are more in detail while others are not. c: It's all different, but that's a general sheet.

Wouldn't mind role-playing the Eldest brother but I do have some questions....How old can the demon brother reach? Seeing as they aren't human and I need to make some character sheet, can they be over 100? and is Lucifer their actual parent and who exactly is their mother? I need this info to make an appropriate character sheet for the elder brother or can I just make up my family line?

I would say the demon brother would appear to be 18, but yes, he can be over 100. Just not too old.
Well, as stated in the plot, "Lucifer", "Satan", or the "Devil" is more of a title rather than an actual name. I'd say the Devil in religious text would be the boys' great great grandfathers. You know, something like that, if that makes sense.
As for the mother, I'd say she could be the most powerful female demon in Hell, picked by their father so that they'd have ferocious offspring? xp
What do you think?

Hm, makes sense. Suppose I'll get started on the character sheet mind you, it's not going to be greatly detailed as my actual RP but I will try my best.

Okay. Make sure you read the rules too! I look forward to your PM! :closedeyessmile:

Well I've always loved writting stories, poetry and the like and especially creating imaginary settings and characters. So I suppose what got me into roleplaying was having fun doing the former with other people.

I'm rather intrigued by the idea of roleplaying in an unfamiliar setting, out of my comfort zone, so having the story set in Japan is perfect by me.

Now that I understand what a character sheet is, I thought I'd take the liberty to start creating one of the brothers, if something doesn't make sense in relation to the plot, please go ahead and correct me:

Name: (I'm assuming you've already chosen a family name for the brothers) Shakaku
Age: ~17 in appearance, over a centuries old in actuality
Personality:
+ Generous
+ Insightful
+ Forgiving
- Overly formal
- Adversarial
- Forgetful
Brief Background: Shakaku (meaning Angel of Fire) is the second oldest of the Hell Brothers.

Since a very young age he tended to come off as rather serious to his siblings and indeed most people who knew him. As Shakaku became older he seemed to have gradually accepted this perhaps somewhat unfounded characterization and apparently plays by peoples expectations of him and has since cultivated his demeanor to be in line with the latter.

Interestingly, even though this brother is generally calm and level-headed his signiture magical ability has always been to manipulate and create fire, something generally associated with recklessness and a fiery-temper, both in Hell and on Earth. While at Home in the underworld, Shakaku would often be found with an open book while holding a small magical flame in his hand as to could read by its light. Now that he live in the world above he finds it particularely annoying to have to resort to what he considers to be paltry and inadequate human electrical lamps instead of being able to use his own illumination.

Even worst he is often shouted at by his brothers for almost blowing their cover when he forgets that humans cannot start fires from their fingertips (luckally no human has caught him lighting candles by this method, atleast not yet!).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back