• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Heavenly Hero Agency

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
...is that a giant pencil?
doodlebob_magic_pencil_by_forceofnatureandcorn-db2isy2.png

#1 Hero

A villain that messes with people's heads I see ^^
Either their heads or reality, whichever causes their truth to become a lie. The way it works is taking effect and putting it before cause. The effect is the lie, and the cause is forced to work out to keep that lie from becoming true.

Say a hero declares "I will stop you!" and he sues his power to turn that into a lie. Suddenly the hero freezes up, unable to even attempt to stop him. Or he might try, and find himself effortlessly pushed aside. The key is that once him stopping Basilisk has become a lie, he cannot make it true. Or in the festival tournament, when Naoto and Kai fought, Kai said he would go all out against his friend, which was reversed into him holding back and being pushed around by the much weaker fighter. Hell, he was told that if he jumped out a window 7 floors up he'd die, so he jumped, the wind caught him, and he hopped down off of a parked car without a scratch on him.

Just those examples show his quirk being: mental (freezing up), physical (overpowering), mental again (holding back), and whatever controlling wind or boosting luck to a ridiculous level would be. So long as heroes keep being heroes and feel the need to monologue just as much as their villain counterparts, he's got plenty of ammo for his quirk to mess things up.

Either their heads or reality, whichever causes their truth to become a lie. The way it works is taking effect and putting it before cause. The effect is the lie, and the cause is forced to work out to keep that lie from becoming true.

Say a hero declares "I will stop you!" and he sues his power to turn that into a lie. Suddenly the hero freezes up, unable to even attempt to stop him. Or he might try, and find himself effortlessly pushed aside. The key is that once him stopping Basilisk has become a lie, he cannot make it true. Or in the festival tournament, when Naoto and Kai fought, Kai said he would go all out against his friend, which was reversed into him holding back and being pushed around by the much weaker fighter. Hell, he was told that if he jumped out a window 7 floors up he'd die, so he jumped, the wind caught him, and he hopped down off of a parked car without a scratch on him.

Just those examples show his quirk being: mental (freezing up), physical (overpowering), mental again (holding back), and whatever controlling wind or boosting luck to a ridiculous level would be. So long as heroes keep being heroes and feel the need to monologue just as much as their villain counterparts, he's got plenty of ammo for his quirk to mess things up.
*immediately starts making a mute hero*
A lie detector that makes lies?
Awesome.

Oh. I thought his quirk was just detecting lies and his 'twisting the truth' is deception on his part...

Creating lies from statements, huh? Is it limited to verbal words? Or can he make written statements into lies as well?

Oh. I thought his quirk was just detecting lies and his 'twisting the truth' is deception on his part...

Creating lies from statements, huh? Is it limited to verbal words? Or can he make written statements into lies as well?
I hadn't considered it working on things written, and that would open up a whole messy can of worms, so let's stick to verbal only.

I hadn't considered it working on things written, and that would open up a whole messy can of worms, so let's stick to verbal only.

Haha, if it's written words as well as verbal his threat level is going to have to be raised. I can't imagine the government letting a villain like that walk around easily.

Since it's written that he attended school, I assume his quirk is registered with the government...or did he lie about his quirk as well? :lenny:

Also a random progress report- the hero's costume sketch is done, since my coloring skills suck it won't look so good as a result.
Writing the cs won't take so long as I can just add/edit a bit more detail from his student version of cs.

And I might make a villain because why not.

So all those things you mentioned technically still adhere to the laws of the universe, but are just incredibly unlikely to happen. Does that mean he is incapable of bending the rules of reality? I.E. If someone states a scientific truth (such as the earth revolves around the sun) or an obvious truth (such as "I exist") would he be able to change that to a lie? (Unlikely that those would come up in casual conversation, but I'm just curious about his limits here lol)

Haha, if it's written words as well as verbal his threat level is going to have to be raised. I can't imagine the government letting a villain like that walk around easily.

Since it's written that he attended school, I assume his quirk is registered with the government...or did he lie about his quirk as well? :lenny:
His quirk is listed as just detecting lies. Even he didn't know about the second part until he first used it in his last year of school. The only person who really knows about his quirk being much more powerful than listed is #3 of his little friend group. Kai should know, but he's too dumb to really think about it.

*immediately starts making a mute hero*
A lie detector that makes lies?
Awesome.
Contradictions, hypocrisy, and lies. Those are the things Naoto is made of.*

*Add depression to taste before baking for 9 months at 96°F. Always let cool before serving. For low-angst diets consider looking at the hero recipes instead.

Truth = reality. Twisting truth = twisting reality.

General statements that are neither confirmed truths or lies. I'm guessing that's what he twists. Like bending probability in favor of lies...which is still reality-bending of sorts, but limited. Otherwise, he can make a serious mess of the world if he wants...i.e. changing statements made by newsreporters <.<

Last edited:
His quirk is listed as just detecting lies. Even he didn't know about the second part until he first used it in his last year of school. The only person who really knows about his quirk being much more powerful than listed is #3 of his little friend group. Kai should know, but he's too dumb to really think about it.

Ah, I see. A truly dangerous man.

So all those things you mentioned technically still adhere to the laws of the universe, but are just incredibly unlikely to happen. Does that mean he is incapable of bending the rules of reality? I.E. If someone states a scientific truth (such as the earth revolves around the sun) or an obvious truth (such as "I exist") would he be able to change that to a lie? (Unlikely that those would come up in casual conversation, but I'm just curious about his limits here lol)
theres-a-new-avengers-infinity-war-meme-and-its-h-2-14082-1525368436-1_dblbig.jpg

Yes, there is a scope limit to what can be altered to force a lie. He's generally limited to affecting himself, those around him, or his surroundings. But at the same time, the verbal nature of his quirk means it's flexible and inconsistent, so certain things you might think unchangeable might be twisted in unexpected ways.

The fun example I thought up when writing him was him using a basic question, something he couldn't possibly change, to escape certain capture.

"What time is it?"

*Dumbass hero checks watch* "Five of three."

*Eyes flash red* "Are you sure?"

*Dumbass hero looks again* It now says it's 30 minutes later, and Basilisk is long gone.

Without violating any major truths, he just caused the hero to stare hypnotized at his own watch for a half hour.

I'm debating just tossing up a bunch of villains from my collection, so if one's ever needed it's like a grab bag, just reach in and find a random villain of the week.

Assassins, cannibals, plenty of psychopaths, a phantom thief or two, basically-a-vampire, handful of eldritch horrors, cyber criminals, evil overlords, got a few undead too.

My character closet has far too many baddies stuffed into it. I should probably toss some food in from time to time, but it's only been a few months this time. I'm sure the cannibals are still alive at the very least.

theres-a-new-avengers-infinity-war-meme-and-its-h-2-14082-1525368436-1_dblbig.jpg

Yes, there is a scope limit to what can be altered to force a lie. He's generally limited to affecting himself, those around him, or his surroundings. But at the same time, the verbal nature of his quirk means it's flexible and inconsistent, so certain things you might think unchangeable might be twisted in unexpected ways.

The fun example I thought up when writing him was him using a basic question, something he couldn't possibly change, to escape certain capture.

"What time is it?"

*Dumbass hero checks watch* "Five of three."

*Eyes flash red* "Are you sure?"

*Dumbass hero looks again* It now says it's 30 minutes later, and Basilisk is long gone.

Without violating any major truths, he just caused the hero to stare hypnotized at his own watch for a half hour.

...so his quirk doesn't warp reality, it just hypnotizes his targets into thinking he did?

I'm debating just tossing up a bunch of villains from my collection, so if one's ever needed it's like a grab bag, just reach in and find a random villain of the week.

Assassins, cannibals, plenty of psychopaths, a phantom thief or two, basically-a-vampire, handful of eldritch horrors, cyber criminals, evil overlords, got a few undead too.

My character closet has far too many baddies stuffed into it. I should probably toss some food in from time to time, but it's only been a few months this time. I'm sure the cannibals are still alive at the very least.

Feel free to toss them up. No guarantee they'll be used, but a list of ideas is always appreciated^^

CactusJuice CactusJuice
Hot Musabi is accepted.

RandomBlobMan RandomBlobMan
Cyrobreak is accepted.

Welcome to the party!

Posted CS.
I don't know, is he a bit too old?

There's no age limit. I like diversity. So long as your character somehow obtained a license for crime-fighting (or at least a provisional one), you're good. Seraph doesn't want to get in trouble for hiring vigilantes.

I also posted mine right before I went to bed.

Idk, but together are chars make like a body fluid based Todoroki.

I look forward to seeing them work together.

5/13 interested players have made characters. We're on a roll^^ I know gas, luce, Killerclown, and hosaki are in the process of making one. That's 9/13. We'll wait for them before starting. Night terror just needs to add a bit more detail on theirs. Anyone else planning to make character sheets we should wait for, please let us know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back