• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Heart of a Warrior: Bonds of the Soul (OOC)

Hey hey omega, ill start working on my character which should be done sometime this week hopefully. Midyears and such. I do need a tad bit of clarification though, whats happening? Are we like recruits of defending some supernatural threat of the Furtherlands?

Also also, are there any racial variety or are we all humans?

Ninja edit: Damn typos lol

Hey AssassinHD AssassinHD , thanks for writing. Yeah so without giving too much away, as some of it is to be discovered over time, there is indeed a somewhat supernatural threat that dwells out in the Furtherlands. It's been the duty of the Warrior's Guild for generation after generation to fend off the tidal waves of corrupt forces. It would appear however that the new generation of youth aren't so keen on contributing to the cause. The group you find yourself apart of are this years Contributes from Modern Society. As for racial diversity, the races we have don't really exist in this universe since the places they come from don't exist. However, there is racial diversity across this universe's own places and any skin color you'd like is acceptable.
Hope that helps, I look forward to seeing you around.

(In case you're wondering about the two deleted posts beneath this one, I accidentally broke this comment up because I kept forgetting stuff. For some reason I forgot you could edit so I just deleted those and put the info I forgot back here.)

Last edited:
Hey there. I'm in the process of drafting a character at the moment. One question though. Are the "Furtherlands" a broad term for anything outside Arkon City, or is it a specific region?

Abendrot Abendrot
Hey, thanks for asking. So yeah, the Furtherlands is the general term for any area outside of New Arkon City, which itself is generally referred to as Modern Society.

King Crimson King Crimson Lost Lost
Aight, so how 'bout a brief history lesson, eh? So, New Arkon City brandishes a technological level in between our modern tech and the type of stuff you'd see in a sci-fi film. They've figured out a clean and efficient energy source which is rooted in an ancient magic that was much more important in a simpler time. Said magic is filtered through a special generator called an Anchor Dynamo which converts that magic energy into a power source. Weaponry is mostly Directed Energy, but weapons are only owned by civilians and law enforcement, as there is no Armed Forces to speak of. Pollution way down, crime is minimal and is mostly caused by forces from the Furtherlands making their way into the city. Life for the average citizen is fairly well off. A slew of important tech is available for a low cost to the average person, but the best stuff comes with a heft tag. While most citizens live in the futuristic homes and apartments that reside in the elegant main area, some people prefer to live in simpler neighborhoods, made up of houses akin to our real life 20th Century homes. However, these neighborhoods are far and few between. With the city officials covering up the state of the Warrior's Guild out in the Furtherlands, citizens can rest easy thinking they're quite safe in the age of the future. The people of the Furtherlands, surprisingly called "Furtherlanders" by most from the city, lead a much different lifestyle. Choosing to stick with the original beliefs of their people, they embrace the supernatural properties of their world, instead of retreating into the comfort of technology, although they don't shun it all together. People from the Furtherlands are often quite adventurous and most but not all have knowledge of some form of magic. Having the threats posed by the Dead Wastelands to deal with, many are able to hold their own in a fight and many are enlisted in the Warrior's Guild. The Guild has been around almost as long as their people have, and they fight tirelessly to protect the pureness of their realm from the corrupt and the wicked. In the past, the Furtherlands and Modern Soc. have gotten along well, especially with the Common Defense Program, which was founded 20 years prior to the RP. The program entails volunteers from Modern Soc. setting out via Guild Transport and training to help the cause of maintaining the peace. As time went on however, the people of the city began to lose their adventurous spirit, and less and less contributes boarded the train with each passing year. With the threat of the F.O.E growing stronger and the Guild begging for much needed reinforcement, it would appear that the situation has become quite dire...
I hope, that covered your questions. I've spared some important plot details relating to History and Origins which you'll have to find out should you decide to join.
Hope that helped!

Abendrot Abendrot
Hey, thanks for asking. So yeah, the Furtherlands is the general term for any area outside of New Arkon City, which itself is generally referred to as Modern Society.

Aight, so how 'bout a brief history lesson, eh? So, New Arkon City brandishes a technological level in between our modern tech and the type of stuff you'd see in a sci-fi film. They've figured out a clean and efficient energy source which is rooted in an ancient magic that was much more important in a simpler time. Said magic is filtered through a special generator called an Anchor Dynamo which converts that magic energy into a power source. Weaponry is mostly Directed Energy, but weapons are only owned by civilians and law enforcement, as there is no Armed Forces to speak of. Pollution way down, crime is minimal and is mostly caused by forces from the Furtherlands making their way into the city. Life for the average citizen is fairly well off. A slew of important tech is available for a low cost to the average person, but the best stuff comes with a heft tag. While most citizens live in the futuristic homes and apartments that reside in the elegant main area, some people prefer to live in simpler neighborhoods, made up of houses akin to our real life 20th Century homes. However, these neighborhoods are far and few between. With the city officials covering up the state of the Warrior's Guild out in the Furtherlands, citizens can rest easy thinking they're quite safe in the age of the future. The people of the Furtherlands, surprisingly called "Furtherlanders" by most from the city, lead a much different lifestyle. Choosing to stick with the original beliefs of their people, they embrace the supernatural properties of their world, instead of retreating into the comfort of technology, although they don't shun it all together. People from the Furtherlands are often quite adventurous and most but not all have knowledge of some form of magic. Having the threats posed by the Dead Wastelands to deal with, many are able to hold their own in a fight and many are enlisted in the Warrior's Guild. The Guild has been around almost as long as their people have, and they fight tirelessly to protect the pureness of their realm from the corrupt and the wicked. In the past, the Furtherlands and Modern Soc. have gotten along well, especially with the Common Defense Program, which was founded 20 years prior to the RP. The program entails volunteers from Modern Soc. setting out via Guild Transport and training to help the cause of maintaining the peace. As time went on however, the people of the city began to lose their adventurous spirit, and less and less contributes boarded the train with each passing year. With the threat of the F.O.E growing stronger and the Guild begging for much needed reinforcement, it would appear that the situation has become quite dire...
I hope, that covered your questions. I've spared some important plot details relating to History and Origins which you'll have to find out should you decide to join.
Hope that helped!

Thanks for the detailed response, I think that answered all of the questions I had! I’ll try to get a CS going tomorrow night, if that’s okay.

Abendrot Abendrot

Hope that helped!

Wait, so if theyre technology is that good, can i use some sorts of magic guns? Like whats the extent of the weaponry, as my character will not know enough magic to defend people with effectively.

Last edited:
AssassinHD AssassinHD
Well, only thing is, the Furtherland’s firearms are more akin to WW1-WW2 era weaponry. They usually on cast or spell magic, melee or blade weapons, since guns aren’t really apart of the old culture. However, if the object of great sentimental value you’ve brought is some sort of magic gun and it’s not overpowered, then sure. Your magic may not be strong in the beginning, but that’s why we’re there!

AssassinHD AssassinHD
You’re also welcome to use one of the guns they have there at the Guild. In terms of other ranged weaponry, there’s also bows, crossbows, and projectile magic.

AssassinHD AssassinHD
You’re also welcome to use one of the guns they have there at the Guild. In terms of other ranged weaponry, there’s also bows, crossbows, and projectile magic.
Ah cool. I just wanted clarification bc i was thinking of being like an engineer of some sort but instead of guns ill make crossbows lol

Hope you don't mind, I went ahead and cooked up a CS before I got to the OOC. Anyway, it's a WIP so there will definitely be changes in the future as I try to flesh her out.

By the way, I LOVE the way you write, and the forethought you give for this world. Tremendous. Keep on keeping on!

Alright well i just whipped this son of a gun in 30 minutes so theres probably something wrong with it and i got finals i mean midyears tomorrow, so i should be heading to bed about now. Ill get his backstory down ny Saturday hopefully Omega-3 Omega-3

AssassinHD AssassinHD
Heh, I do that all to often. Only problem with using the mobile version is I have to wait til I can get back to the computer to edit the typos.

Maybe there’s something up with the IPhone Version or something? I dunno. Yeah I can’t edit mobile. But when I’m on my laptop, it’s edit city. Not sure if you’ve noticed but the main page story has been gradually changing as I fix stuff. XD

Maybe there’s something up with the IPhone Version or something? I dunno. Yeah I can’t edit mobile. But when I’m on my laptop, it’s edit city. Not sure if you’ve noticed but the main page story has been gradually changing as I fix stuff. XD
I have not noticed good little ninja edits xD anyway thats it there he is, meet Chu-Tann. I really gotta clock out now good night lol

Hey guys, so when we start the RP, certain scenes are gonna have a BGM that I'll provide via link in the comment when the scene happens. It's completely optional and is purely for atmosphere and environment. I thought it might be a cool idea, you guys cool with it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back