Journal Health Announcement

FUCK to the yes! Cancer status #2, baby!
I'm so very very happy for you! Like I said you could, you kicked that cancer's ass! I'll keep praying that whatever comes next, you'll come through.

The End.Hello once again, everyone!

So here we are, the end of my treatment. Truthfully, I got home about a week ago, but I've needed a lot of time to settle in. I'm probably going to need a lot of time to recover mentally.

The past 6 months or more have been the biggest experience of my life so far, there's no question about that. But the odd thing is, and I know it sounds wrong, but it's been the best thing to happen to me. Before, I was very unsure of myself, where I fit in, and who I was. I didn't really like myself - not to a serious degree mind you, but I was still trying to figure myself out, like any normal kid. I always looked at people who went through life-threatening things and admired them because I never thought I could ever possibly be that strong or brave. But I found that when I was thrown into the fray, I mightily impressed myself. When you're in the thick of dark times, everyone (including you, trust me) has a way of just... Finding a way through. When I figured that out, suddenly I became far less anxious and far more confident.

I've discovered a lot of things about myself that I'm quite proud of. I'd never realized how passionate I was about the things I love, like art and certain fandoms. I learned about the massive impact I have on the people around me. I realized how much of a drive I had to turn every bad situation into a good one. Even on my worst days, I would never call myself a pessimist. Honestly, I love that. I'm my own weird person, and I'm proud to show my weirdness to anyone who will listen. Though I wouldn't wish a situation like mine upon anyone, I'm extremely grateful for being thrown into dire circumstances because I learned so much from it.

I have to say, everyone on RpNation has had a great impact on my experience. I have tons of really great friends on here that show endless support, from a funny gif to a heartfelt letter of reassurance. I'm so happy to be a part of the group of friends I have now, and the RpN community as a whole. Everyone has been so understanding, patient, and wonderful. I can't thank you enough for being here, whether you're showing your wholehearted support, or I just catch sight of your witty banter with each other. Seeing all of you around just makes me happy. The fifth and final round is over. No more lengthy hospital stays. I'm out of this for good.

I kicked cancer's ass.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back