• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy He Is Risen (Horror)

KingofAesir

Ghostly Presence
“Awake, arise, or be for ever fall’n.”
He Is Risen

It’s the autumn of 1982 and the citizens of Hollan, Louisiana are living just like they always have since the dawn of time. Hollan has been painfully the same since before the young denizens can even remember. The church is the foundation of their community, Sunday worship is non-negotiable for most inhabitants, and the values they uphold are tantamount. There is a picturesque façade placed over the town’s image that presents happy adults and put together children with their porcelain faces and wide-eyed smiles. Under that façade though, there is something twisted worming it’s way into the very heart of their smalltown ecosystem. Six young residents of Hollan are seemingly the only ones who notice when the church organs begin sounding hollow and choked, or when Pastor Preston’s smile twists up just a little too far a little too sharp or the way when they walk down the streets it feels like everyone’s eyes are locked on them. Maybe all of that wouldn’t be so disconcerting if it wasn’t for something dark and shadowy lingering in the corners of their vision all the time. The six of them might have thought themselves losing their minds until Alice Wesley literally loses her mind in the middle of fourth period and slices open the throats of Brad Freeman and Mrs. Higgins before her own in front of them.

“He is risen, the Serpent, risen.”

Alice Wesley had looked mad in those moments after, eyes wide and unfocused, mouth working around words that made no sense. Someone had screamed. There was blood coating the tile floor. Alice Wesley had looked mad in those moments after, eyes wide and unfocused, mouth filled with blood as she laid still on the floor. Something wicked was making its way into the very heart of their small-town ecosystem and it had started with doe-eyed Alice Wesley. But still, the church organs sounded hollow and choked and there were six kids in that classroom who couldn’t forget the way Alice Wesley had looked mad in those moments after.

“There’s something wrong. This isn’t home anymore, is it?”

And so they begin a journey that none of them will come out the other side clean from. Hollan has secrets, just as any small town might, whether they lie in the realm of supernatural or not is of no consequence, they are secret all the same. Perhaps it is dangerous, to slink around the streets of a town haunted by a tragedy still vivid in their minds looking for the thing that caused it. But someone has to do something. So they search. In the end, maybe they should have ignored it like all the rest. In the end, maybe they will look just as mad as Alice Wesley in those moments after.
Basically
Alright so listen, I’ve had a deep love for the southern gothic for as long as I could read horror. This roleplay takes place in a town that feels reminiscent of the one I grew up in just with some added supernatural fun. There’s something primal, I think, about the kind of fear that comes from things that we don’t quite understand. This is a horror roleplay, don’t get me wrong, but I’d also really like to explore the other routes open to us with the setting. Religious trauma is obvious here, but there’s also an uncomfortable sense of being strangers in their own home for our cast (a bit of psychological horror is called for I think). They may think they are the only ones who feel like something had been wrong long before Alice, but they will find solace in each other as the story progresses and they try to figure out what is happening.

I want to state here that some of the themes in this may be a little heavy, but I’m hoping to find folks who are willing to delve into the dark with me and maybe tell a cool story while we’re at it. This won’t be first come first serve, as I want to make sure we have a diverse cast who will play well off of each other as well as add more to the story. You'll have to forgive me for the brief synopsis, I want to get this idea out there and really gauge what it's got going for it before I dedicate my already limited time to a burgeoning obsession.

Anyway, if you’re into a little bit of crazy, please take a journey with me.

1. Follow RPN rules or you die.
2. Must be over 17, this roleplay will have very heavy themes and I don't feel comfortable with anyone younger. Sorry, young ones.
3. Must be at least semi-literate and able to produce at least three or four good paragraphs a post.
4. Discord is a must, I want to be able to collaborate and plan easily and get to know each other!
5. Must be living, no offense to the ghosts.
6. If you read these tell me your favorite horror movie/book.
Kay, love you, bye.

Last edited:
I’m a simple woman, I see rp about Louisiana and I click. This is an amazing concept! I’m not reading anything rn but I really enjoyed The Enemy by Charlie Higson.

Oh, very interested in indulging this RP and exploring horror; The Fear Street Trilogy is perhaps the last horror trilogy I watched while enjoying it. While not the best, but had a certain horrific charm.

omg hello yes I'm here, also: Us, forget the date might be 2019, but it's the Jordan Peele one

Potentially interested! Is this first come first served or application-based?
I've only been dipping my toes in horror media so far, but I enjoyed IT.

i see southern gothic and i sTARE WITH THE DEEPEST INTEREST. (and despite my current pfp, the power of stu and billy have me in an indescribable chokehold so i gotta say that scream will always be my favorite horror flick)

erzulie erzulie .empathogen. .empathogen. ForgetTomorroow ForgetTomorroow -ferret- -ferret- Wandering Owl Wandering Owl EccentricOracle EccentricOracle gingersnaps gingersnaps aeneas. aeneas.

Hey! We've got a CS and an OOC up! Please forgive the slight edits I've made to the original synopsis, as I've been working on some details I've decided the relative prime of the Satanic Panic is a far better setting for what we're trying to do here. Anywho, the OOC will be phased out in favor of a Discord once we've got our cast decided on. Thank you for your interest! Let me know if you have any questions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back