• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic HAVEN (STARTED OPEN TO NEW PLAYERS)

ManicMuse

I ax-o-lotl questions.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

In the year 2020, the world turned its eyes to the skies. Humankind was faced with an event that threatened the future of Earth itself. Several comets were on a direct course for Earth. The world's most advanced programs and companies came together to carry out plans, to eradicate the threat. To everyone's astonishment, comets seemed to have intelligence. Even the ability to evade attempts to destroy them before entering the worlds outer atmosphere. Finally, in Earth's last hour, Genesis became the saving grace of mankind; when they released a new weapon with nanotechnology, able to safely capture this rogue threat. For Genesis, destroying such a rare find was unthinkable.

Billions of dollars were poured into creating a space center on the moon. There they could experiment on the organisms without fear of contaminating earth, or so they thought.

Six years after the successful capture of the organism, a catastrophic event occurred on the lunar surface. The aggressive nature of the plant like organism was made clear. The globe structure of the space center was dotted with various plants, which had been spliced with the alien organism. At the point of failure, all of the plants became hostile and grew at mind boggling rates, sending their root systems deep into the moon's crust. The roots grew at such an astonishing rate, that the sheer force split the moon, fracturing it into pieces. Much of the moon stayed in place, more or less, small asteroids from the event burst out in every direction. Using the rubble from the fracturing of the moon, the alien organisms and rubble came raining down to earth.

Billions of lives were lost in the years that followed. It was not the impact of the dozens of comets across the world that created the most destruction. No, it was the organisms themselves, which survived entry. It only took a few months for the organisms to adapt. Then the reports started to pour in from around the already crippled world. Something was happening to the flora and fauna around the contamination sites. They were mutating, growing contiguous and mobile. After that everything collapsed, it was the beginning of the end. Massive creatures ripped through cities as people fled for their lives, with no where to go.

In the United States, United Kingdom, China and Japan, branches of Genesis had already taken steps. Having the foresight few had and almost a decades head start. Taking all the intel they had gathered over the years, as the destruction began, Genesis began finalizing their Havens. Four massive bowl like structures were built. Gigantic walls, with built in structures for living quarters within. They towered over skyscrapers and were put into place, as raw resources were loaded into each bowl like city. Pure seeds were acquired from the last uncontaminated regions and apocalypse bunkers. As Genesis prepared and gathered, governments and armies all fell in the years of battles between humankind and the creatures now named, Origins.

Then finally, as the last of the power grids and colony holds were collapsing, a call was put out that any and all survivors must come to the Havens for salvation. Once people started to flood into the compounds, they finished the construction of their last defense systems and sealed all but one hanger to the outside in each Haven. The tips of the walls were topped with a rounded force field to protect the uncontaminated plant life within each city, so it would not cross breed with the pollen of the contaminated Origin plants outside the Havens.

d373b99e61d7fa12dda9dfc3dec3a1db-d45wnfg.jpg

This is going to be a pretty mellow group. I am pulling this out of my old files and breathing life into it to welcome back an old friend to the world of RP. Our story, or at least the first episode will be taking place in the city. It will be 20 years since the doors closed in the U.S. Haven. There are secrets and corruption that runs deep in this city. People disappear in the deep tunnels of this city to never be heard from again. Character story line will be toward finding the answers as to why and carry on from there.

Please feel free to leave a comment below if you are interested.

Caragia Caragia AmLov AmLov Dano Dano

This sounds awesome, if I get to be a crazy scientist trying to find counter plants. I do`nt know what I would do. But it involves a lot of writing!

Do I start making a CS now? Or are we still waiting for people??

It is, ManicMuse ManicMuse will be opening a thread as soon as she can get a chance. (I know her IRL, and her RL is crazy busy.)

It's more that I am temp GMing for Aegis right now and running an event in that rp. But let me see what I can get up today. Please bare with me, my BBCoding skills are not the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back