Experiences Hater McSkater's Negativity Emporium

Buho

Roux Teen
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
tenor.gif

sup, daddy-o

i'm a burner account where my owner can post their toxic negativity without naming specific players, posts, or roleplays and without getting a reputation for being a hating ass bitch

everyone is also welcome to post their own complaints, grievances, rants, etc.

critics and haters are seen as bad people. we're not. i'm pretty sure everyone on the planet earth gets negative thoughts and has negative opinions. it's just, well, looked down on. and my owner is a very expressive person, so this way they can air out their innermost boiling rage without being directly mean and hurting feelings.

welcome, one and all. please enjoy your stay.

(i've read the rules plenty. pretty sure this is not against them, since it is all anonymous. but obviously all is at the discretion of admins/mods, so if i disappear, voila.)

a dancer from the UK, even a contemporary dancer, saying "popping and locking, whatever that means" is so.....just so stupid. popping and locking is a well established international dance style. this is what happens when people know nothing about what they're writing about. if you know nothing about scuba diving, you wouldn't write a scuba diver well, so why do people always seem to think that they can write a dancer, actor, or musician without knowing shit about any of it? do some RESEARCH at the very least.

art gets no respect. someone who has never played basketball doesn't have a valid opinion about steph curry's free throw average, so how come dumbasses who can't read sheet music should get any respect when they say post malone is a good ass musician? or elderly people who hate on new music when they can't tell common time from cut?

this world is ridiculous.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, a "metalhead" character emphasizing that they listen to bring me the horizon, "metalhead that he is", hahahahahahahahaha

if part of your character's bio is "fiercely protective of their loved ones", you's basic. that might be the most overused character cliche in the history of roleplaying.

I hate people who try to science but they science wrong. Sure if it's fantasy then screw the laws of physics, they don't matter, but if it's this universe, this planet, no fantasy or alternate universe you bloody well follow the rules that govern how the world works. Even aliens have to follow the laws of physics because science can't just make new elements or nullify the traits of elements or even create new elements where they physically can't exist.

In general, I hate illogical people. Like if someone comes up with an idea, you ask why something is the way it is because it doesn't make sense and it turns into the person defending their idea to the point that "this is the hill I die on". Or even worse is when they completely ignore your complaints about things not making sense, like, it's that way just because.

I hate people who try to science but they science wrong. Sure if it's fantasy then screw the laws of physics, they don't matter, but if it's this universe, this planet, no fantasy or alternate universe you bloody well follow the rules that govern how the world works. Even aliens have to follow the laws of physics because science can't just make new elements or nullify the traits of elements or even create new elements where they physically can't exist.

In general, I hate illogical people. Like if someone comes up with an idea, you ask why something is the way it is because it doesn't make sense and it turns into the person defending their idea to the point that "this is the hill I die on". Or even worse is when they completely ignore your complaints about things not making sense, like, it's that way just because.

Please don’t wish that mindset on fantasy it’s needs to go into an open field and die far far away from all written genres.

I hate it because people always act like “it’s magic” just absolves you of having to think about things.

No magic has rules too, they’re different but they have to logically connect to another in some way.

Even if your magic allows you to alter reality on a whim you still have to explain WHY and HOW.

And that’s if your using relatively whimsical magic. For the more realistic or grounded stuff it’s even more involved.

At the same time though, where is the line in the sand? Like, what is the criteria for what makes sense? Is it really fair to label someone "illogical" because they disagree with you on the boundary for suspension of disbelief or because they didn't consider a particular nitpick?

Like, some things are glaring big mistakes, and others are just the result of a person not being interested in taking a quantum physics course for their hobby.

(i've read the rules plenty. pretty sure this is not against them, since it is all anonymous. but obviously all is at the discretion of admins/mods, so if i disappear, voila.)
I mean there is the whole "positive environment" clause, but that one is kind of arbitrary

Please don’t wish that mindset on fantasy it’s needs to go into an open field and die far far away from all written genres.

I hate it because people always act like “it’s magic” just absolves you of having to think about things.

No magic has rules too, they’re different but they have to logically connect to another in some way.

Even if your magic allows you to alter reality on a whim you still have to explain WHY and HOW.

And that’s if your using relatively whimsical magic. For the more realistic or grounded stuff it’s even more involved.
yo, i feeeeeelz that. hardly anyone on here does nonsense literature, so the assumption is that we're gonna be writing logically, but if it doesn't fit their little wants, they don't stick to it. they're either dumb or selfish (or both).

At the same time though, where is the line in the sand? Like, what is the criteria for what makes sense? Is it really fair to label someone "illogical" because they disagree with you on the boundary for suspension of disbelief or because they didn't consider a particular nitpick?

Like, some things are glaring big mistakes, and others are just the result of a person not being interested in taking a quantum physics course for their hobby.
if you're not here to drink haterade, whatcha doin

plenty of other places for empathetic multi-perspective discussions, m8

plenty of other places for empathetic multi-perspective discussions, m8
Yes, the discussion subforum this thread is in :P

From another perspective you could say I kind of hate the idea of a person's cognitive abilities being questioned due to them not meeting someone's arbitrary sense of scientific realism in places where scientific realism isn't particularly called for.

Yes, the discussion subforum this thread is in :P

From another perspective you could say I kind of hate the idea of a person's cognitive abilities being questioned due to them not meeting someone's arbitrary sense of scientific realism in places where scientific realism isn't particularly called for.
ok dude.

*gestures to entire thread* Either you spend 10 hours trying to make everything accurate to the tiniest detail, or people vaguepost about you.
i'm literally the only one doing anything like this. pretty sure you're not in any danger, bud. even then, that's more negativity taboo bullshit. what's wrong with being criticized? what's wrong with being disliked? what's wrong with being insulted? it's all in our heads.

*gestures to entire thread* Either you spend 10 hours trying to make everything accurate to the tiniest detail, or people vaguepost about you.
i should also point out, now that i think about it, that i play every genre. i hate on everything. non-realistic are not exempt. we don't discriminate. that's the hater mcskater guarantee!

I didn't mean to say that it's completely lawless magic, just that you can ignore the laws of physics if you create an alternate universe in which a specific law of physics is no longer an issue.

I'm talking about the glaring big mistakes. Sure, quantum physics is not going to be one of the things I'm going after but it's simple things like, you don't need high temperatures in order to convert something that naturally exists as a solid on earth into a gas without going through a liquid stage. Another one is that the air won't just all rush out when a helium balloon is cut and it will "seep" out.

Sure, quantum physics is not going to be one of the things I'm going after but it's simple things like, you don't need high temperatures in order to convert something that naturally exists as a solid on earth into a gas without going through a liquid stage. Another one is that the air won't just all rush out when a helium balloon is cut and it will "seep" out.
Neither of those is a big mistake, unless of course I'm misunderstanding what you're saying. one of them I'm not even sure is true and the other one seems like a question of semantics to me.

obviously you communicate with your partner. i personally am going to have rules in my roleplay but if you don’t want them in yours it’s no skin of my nose.

but I’m not letting someone get away with doing whatever they want just because they can’t be arsed to think things through.

Case in point I had someone try to join a fantasy Zoo roleplay. One of the first things I told them was I wanted the roleplay to be about the employees day to day lives in the Zoo. I gave them a list of jobs available and let them pick.

They said they were okay with this, then later did a 180 because “it’s fantasy so who cares”

MF I care. I told you specifically when we started that I care. I gave you an option to opt out then but no you said you were A Ok with my requests.

But then you decided to just ignore all my requests because you wanted to be able to pull shit out your ass.

If you want a roleplay without rules fine, but if your partner specifically states that isn’t what they want than just leave and find someone else.

It’s what I do in reverse, if someone is like yeah let’s just make stuff up as we go I don’t even contact them at all because the kind of lack of structure drives me crazy.

I don’t join their roleplays and then argue with them about how they need to change their preference to suit me.

obviously you communicate with your partner. i personally am going to have rules in my roleplay but if you don’t want them in yours it’s no skin of my nose.

but I’m not letting someone get away with doing whatever they want just because they can’t be arsed to think things through.

Case in point I had someone try to join a fantasy Zoo roleplay. One of the first things I told them was I wanted the roleplay to be about the employees day to day lives in the Zoo. I gave them a list of jobs available and let them pick.

They said they were okay with this, then later did a 180 because “it’s fantasy so who cares”

MF I care. I told you specifically when we started that I care. I gave you an option to opt out then but no you said you were A Ok with my requests.

But then you decided to just ignore all my requests because you wanted to be able to pull shit out your ass.

If you want a roleplay without rules fine, but if your partner specifically states that isn’t what they want than just leave and find someone else.

It’s what I do in reverse, if someone is like yeah let’s just make stuff up as we go I don’t even contact them at all because the kind of lack of structure drives me crazy.

I don’t join their roleplays and then argue with them about how they need to change their preference to suit me.
Yeah, in those cases of course. But then the issue isn't so much that they are being scientifically incorrect in particular details, it's that they are disrespecting what you both agreed upon.

Yeah, in those cases of course. But then the issue isn't so much that they are being scientifically incorrect in particular details, it's that they are disrespecting what you both agreed upon.

And you are the one who talked about scientific accuracy not me. I was talking about fantasy.

I mean you yourself agree with me as you have made the exact same argument as me on other threads. I am asking for internal consistency that’s all.

So I’m a little baffled on what exactly your objection is here.

And you are the one who talked about scientific accuracy not me. I was talking about fantasy.

I mean you yourself agree with me as you have made the exact same argument as me on other threads. I am asking for internal consistency that’s all.

So I’m a little baffled on what exactly your objection is here.
See, the thing you quoted in your original response to me had absolutely nothing to with fantasy. What you quoted was my response to them complaining about people "not sciencing", that people should follow the rules of how the world works etc- which basically boils to a complain of people not being scientifically accurate in any regard that isn't contradicted by the changes to the world that make that world fantasy.

In short the reason why I continued talking about scientific accuracy is because my post was an objection to the idea of people being "illogical" or "nonsencial" for having a different standard for suspension of disbelief.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back