Experiences Has anyone finished an RP before?

Corrosion

ur lite fades awey
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I'm basically asking this again, but has anyone actually completed an RP before? As in, the plot completely completed and a final ending post.

Depends. You can close a plot, which technically is finishing it, so yes.

Yes. It was a roleplay between myself and two of my friends that spanned to 8,000 posts. If I took a break they would continue, if one of them took a break I would go on with the other. Although the plot went every which direction it stayed true to the start and around 2004 or 2005 it ended.

Yeah, sometimes I play a 1x1 plot to completion. Sometimes I enjoy having a wrapped up storyline. In every case, I've loved the writers and their characters, and it doesn't mean the characters have to say goodbye forever. It's certainly possible for them to see one another again in a new plot!

For my 1x1 RPs I often have something like 'story arcs', which have their own subplot within the main RP plot. I completed quite a few of those story arcs in different RPs.

And some of my longer RPs have a definite 'ending' planned out, but we still didn't get there. Once we do, I can say that I completed the rp. Until then, I can only say I completed smaller rp episodes but there is still the main plot that is ongoing.

The ones I've been in went inactive just a few posts in, so...nope. A proper ending sounds more like a myth to me.

I've seen it first hand once(?) I think. It's been ages since it happened though, so I can only partially remember it.

Yup. It was a group rp of several close friends. Took us two years, I think. The site it was on folded, so it no longer exists, but it was one of the best rps I've ever been in.

I've ended up writing final posts for RPs I've run to close things out, but I've never actually finished an RP.

I've finished quite a few story arcs, or had RPs grind to a halt and pseudo-'finish' but I don't really write for final endings - the journey is what interests me. So I've never really written much of a closed-loop or had an otherwise final ending set from the start.

My old group had to finish ours back when we left college, but... it was incomplete. Our groups GM had left to live up to the north of where we lived and since then we have left it unfinished. Although... 4 years of roleplaying, many, MANY loot grabs and not keeping an eye on our Thief, we chose to call it to an end a couple of months after the GM left. Outside of that nearly-finished one (which doesn't count), I myself have never finished one.

A couple. And then there are some people who end up disappearing from your life forever, so I guess that's that?

Sadly no. My two long running rps died due to people dropping out/not posting as much. The only reason they kept going is I pushed for them, had good plots in mind which were fleshed out with the other players, and was heavily invested in them. Sub plots on the one leading up to the final conclusion were somewhat completed. I say somewhat as not all the subplots were finished.

Yes, twice that I can recall. One RP I finished was actually a fandom RP. It didn’t last too long, interestingly enough, maybe a few months or a year or something, but our characters defeated the big baddie and completed the plot we had planned out. The end.

Another RP I completed was with my cousin. It was a ton of fun and it lasted a long time, though I can’t remember how long. It was really enjoyable and took tons of unexpected twists and turns. Eventually we decided that the story had reached its completion, so we tied it up, and that was that.

It’s a really satisfying feeling to finish an RP. Too bad it’s only happened twice in my nine years of RPing lol

absolutely not. i’ve been in roleplays that spanned over years, but i’ve never once finished a roleplay.

I did once, but it was an unexpected ending born out of a mistake. I accidentally created a situation where my partner's character would choose to commit suicide, and at that point the roleplay ended.

I DMed a D&D group that ran a campaign for more than a year. I think we had like thirty sessions over Discord, it was choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back