Video Games Hardest Boss You Ever Beat?

The End from MGS3 was an absolute nightmare for me. When I found out that you could actually eliminate him early on in the game, I started a completely new game file just so I could do it. i was later severely punished by the fury.

But what really takes the cake is AC Rogue's Storm Fortress. This giant ass monstrosity of a Man-O-War is just better than anything else in the game in every single way. You can't get too close to it or else the cannons rip you to shreds but you can't stay too far or else the game spams mortar shots at you (and they land with little to no warning). And when you finally do figure out a strategy to beat this spawn of Satan and manage to get some damage in, TWO MORE Man-O-War's come to aid the goddamn thing, so now you have to deal with THREE OF THEM ALL AT ONCE.

It took me a week to beat this thing. It's not even a mandatory boss fight; you have to beat three other naval battles to unlock this one. But upon completion, the game awards you with the best outfit in the game, along with a golden trophy on PS. And besides, I'm a completionist, so it was essentially mandatory

The End from MGS3 was an absolute nightmare for me. When I found out that you could actually eliminate him early on in the game, I started a completely new game file just so I could do it. i was later severely punished by the fury

I never thought I'd enjoy the act of shooting an old man in a wheelchair as he frantically tries to escape. Still, no matter which way you get him I still rank The End as the most epic boss I've come across in gaming.

This is a toughie, but I'd have to say Sephiroth in normal mode of KH 2. That took freakin forever, but finally putting an end to him felt so satisfying, WOO!

Frankly Sans (Undertale). It has taken me a bit of time beating his ass off. However that's only from the top of my head, so I might have accomplished more.

Also I play Cuphead right now, so maybe I'll get more challange there.

I'd say Darkeater Midir if it weren't for the cheese you can use on him
Otherwise I'd say either Young Xehanort or Anti-Black Coat Nightmare from Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance

Dark Eater Midir, the hidden DLC boss of Dark Souls 3
Biggest pain I’ve killed so far, out of any game. Took me bloody 7 hours worth of attempts to kill.
E0E703D2-2EBE-4233-BF9A-A1CEFDA029D4.gif

All bosses in DS3 on my first run. My second run I magically made it first try for most of them. Working on Darkeater Midir with a friend, Tobi Naefaerne Tobi Naefaerne .

Savage Wicker Elite Dark Minion from SAS 4: Zombie Assault, it is my game, and they are my Bane, how I manage to survive is anyone's guess.

So just ████ ████, I was playing Warframe with some ██████ and we were, I believe on ███████, on the Jackal mission, now I already played this level on Solo, since I believe in my abilities and skills better then anybody else's. So we enter the boss room and my ██████ and I begin to fight it, and we get it down about two times, but everything falls apart around half-way through, we will hitting the thing with cheese bullets, no damage to anything, soon enough, two of my ██████ leave the party, thus leaving the match, I'm left with one other person, and after about two minutes, he leaves as well, and then I decide to say "████ it, I'm out of here."

Nice game anyhow.

Back in '98-'99, there was an ongoing series most of you probably have never heard of, called Rage of Mages. Monolith fans may or may not remember it; it didn't get much attention in the US.

By the end of one of the levels, you had to save a village from a band of thugs. Not even a single party member (Think of the party as Heroes of Might and Magic army but significantly simplified) was allowed to die.

Thing is, thugs have a spellcaster and two or three warriors, while you may or may not have a knight and a bowman. That was how the game put you to a test after several levels of exposition and guidelines.

I remember struggling so much with these folks. Controls were clunky, turns were not a thing. You either think fast or you have to start all over again, or even worse -- quicksave under fatal circumstances.

Last edited:
Final boss in Baten Kaitos. Technically, I didn't beat it. After years of trying, I gave up and found the final battle and ensuing ending on YouTube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back