• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Haenghada 2.2

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Lee

Lee never wanted things to end up this way, she didn't even know how she wanted it to end. All she really knew was that she wanted it to end no matter what. The whole time she had felt guilty because she was hurting her best friend, her sister. No matter what happened they went through everything together. Lee understood why Suua would be hurt, and she realized she could lose her best friend in the world. That was her biggest fear.

And her biggest fear was realized when the truth came out. Only, Lee didn't expect it to hurt so bad. She deserved the anger, and the rage, but what she said about her mom? It was like Lee's guilt suddenly turned to anger. Her hand flew across Suua's face, a loud smack sounding as her hand met her cheek. "You watch your mouth about my mom. Maybe if you weren't such a bitch like yours you could actually keep a man around you. Tae left, and Jae played you. Just like your mom couldn't keep my dad or my uncle."

Lee couldn't stop the words flying from her mouth, but she was just so angry! Suua had absolutely no room to talk. "I felt guilty this whole time, I felt awful for hiding it from you. Now I don't feel bad anymore. Maybe you even deserved it." Lee turned her back and walked off. She was going to walk home, there was no way she could face her dad after that...

Sora

"If you loved me at all you would have told me. Instead you hid it." Sora didn't want to cry but she couldn't help it. She thought she loved this guy. She had never felt so happy before in her life. He built her up, he made her so happy, so comfortable, so determined, and it all came crumbling down on top of her. Her heart was literally crumbling in her chest looking at him. Tears rolled down her cheeks, the back of her hands quickly wiping them away. "You say you changed but you're doing the same old crap that you used to. You lied to girls, lied to everyone. Over the past few months I seen you change in so many ways, I was so proud. I was so happy to be by your side to see you become the guy I know you could become. And for the first time someone wanted to be around me. Not because of my dad, not because of my aunt, or Suua or Lee, but because of me. But it was all a lie, it was all based on lies."

Sora laughed quietly and shook her head. "I'm an idiot for falling in love with an idol. Everything is just a game with you guys, you don't care who you hurt." A sleek black car pulled around corner and stopped in front of her. "Good luck, King." That was the first time Sora had ever referred to the name everyone called him. He had always been Seung to her because she thought he deserved to actually hear his name. It was a sign of respect for her. The respect was gone.

With that said Sora slid into the passenger seat, bursting into tears as soon as she saw her dad.

SUUA

Haenghada was poison. That was the only assumption that Suua could come too. She had heard her mother and fathers light hearted stories about their time at the school but it wasn't until Suua came home for break clearly broken down that her mother finally told some of the more... adult... situations to her. Drinking, cheating, fighting, physically and emotionally. Suua now understood. Everything simply just sucked.

Over the break Suua hid in her room. Days that she would usually spend out at the pool or beach with her friends was now spent hiding under her covers and avoiding meals. Eating felt gross. Moving felt gross. Most days she didn't leave the confines of her bedroom more than to use the restroom and even then she commonly didn't shower. Finally her parents had enough of it and forced her to go on a small vacation with them but that made her feel like even more of a loser. Suua loved her mother and father but they were her literal only friends. Tae had written her off, Lee hated her for good reason, Jae faked everything. Sora was too hurt to spend any real time with Suua plus she was Lee's blood so Suua understood. The others... she wasn't really close with.

The week before classes resumed, the group of parents tried their hardest to get the kids to return to school together and on good terms but Suua knew that wouldn't happen. After all, she was human trash.

Suua arrived back at their house the saturday before classes as was requested to give everyone time to settle. Her usual perfect and prim appearance shattered. Her long blonde locks were in a messy bun and a pair of black sweats hung on her hips, a baggy pink hoodie on top with white sneakers. Her face was bare of any makeup or contacts and her large round glasses sat foreign on her nose. No one else was here yet so she quickly made her way upstairs to claim her old bed and climb under the covers with her phone.

King

King had pretty much decided he was done with the music. He wanted nothing more than to never have to go back to Haenghada again. He begged his father to let him get a tutor or hell even a private normal school. But he was not willing to budge! His father even told King that if he didn't want to go to Haenghada, he needed to move out and stop living on his father's money and name. As much as King wanted to take that offer... he couldn't. Not only was it hard for him to figure out his own finances, his father was legally his manager and held all of the money that King had made so far. King could currently access it whenever but if he left? Hah! No way he would ever see a cent.

"Yeah-Yeah... Whatever." King groaned into the phone as he sat in the back of the town car on the way to the house. The entire break had been juggling time between crying over Sora, stalking her on social media and dealing with jobs set up by his father. Radio interview, TV, photoshoot and now finally to convince Suua to handle this "reunion" song. Their parents had created a song together a long while ago that now their signing company wants redone... by Suua and King. Neither wanted anything to do with it... but doing it would pretty much guarantee positions after graduation.

As the car stopped in front of the house King let out a loud sigh and sat for a minute frozen. What if Sora was already here? He couldn't even look at a photo of her without crying how would he handle seeing her in person? After a few minutes the driver cleared his throat and King quickly got out of the car. Inside the house he found one singular pair of shoes that didn't look like Sora's style and allowed him to breath a small sigh of relief before plopping down into one of the plus chairs and turning on some TV to calm his screaming mind.

Rian

What started with giving the sad-sack a ride home for the break became him not getting out of the car after the drive to his house and ultimately... Rian got a summer roommate. Jae didn't want to face his parents after the whole drama went viral within minutes. Rian couldn't blame him really.... her mother's weren't very cheery about their daughter being the one that ousted the whole thing on a stage but someone had to do it.

At the start Rian let him stay in the guest house and most days they didn't even talk. But once her mothers left for their tropical getaway, Rian became rather lonely in the large house. It was all too quiet. So she invited Jae to stay in a guest room... and they started spending more and more time together. Jae wasn't a bad guy. He was a mediocre guy who did a terrible thing. But beyond that he was actually kind of fun to hang out with when he wasn't being a major bitch or being followed by his little fan club.

They had fun that summer. They even got.. close for lack of a better term. Rian stressed to him that they weren't anything more than friends but with certain perks. Rian thought Jae was a pretty great guy and everything but she couldn't fully forget the drama that occurred because he chose to literally play a game with people's feelings.

"Let's go dumb ass." Rian sighed as she parked her car and slid out of the drivers seat, "Time to face your demons!" Today her makeup was done and her bright red hair was now longer than her shoulders but she had cut bangs that hung straight over her forehead. Her skinny jeans had giant holes all the way down that showed fishnet stockings through them and a loose black crop top hung off her slightly sun burnt shoulders.​

Jung

Jung wanted nothing to do with his father's absolute bullshit idea of an arranged marriage! It was something that had always been mentioned throughout his life but something he never thought would actually happen. It was such an antiquated idea of a relationship and honestly Jung just wasnt that guy. Most of those relationships only worked out because it was a business partnership more than anything. But what could possibly be HIS selling point? Admittance to Haenghada? HAH. Barely worked for him.

It wasn't until the day his father said they were going to meet his fiance and her father for dinner that Jung actually believed it was happening. What he still couldn't believe was that SORA was his fiance! They argued with their parents. Poor Sora had already gone through enough, why force her into this sham of a relationship. Though Jung assumed the drama was the reason behind all of this. Jung was a good kid, good for image too. Sora was smart and talented, "a catch" said his father. Jung didn't disagree and while Sora was sweet and pretty, they weren't really compatible. They were just friends. He never saw her romantically, plus it was all clear that she was still pretty upset about King.

When break was finally over Jung found himself trudging into the house with the weight on his shoulders of it all. King was there already, sitting in the living room. Did he know yet? It had been small news on the internet... but maybe he didn't know? Surely if he did he would probably be punching Jung in the nose by now.

Sora

The break wasn't as great as Sora imagined. A summer full of fun with her friends and boyfriend turned into a summer full of tears and more tears. Once she got home that day she didn't leave her room. She stopped eating, she stopped updating her social media, she just stopped talking to people. Lee was off the handle, Suua was a depressed mess. After about two weeks of crying she decided to make her depression useful. Sora wasn't some sniveling girl that sat around and cried, she was strong and smart. That's why she poured her attention and time into her studies. She wanted out of Haenghada but her father wouldn't let her. He didn't 'raise a quitter' as he liked to so commonly put it. "Our family aren't made up of quitters. You want to quit, you can leave the family." Sora didn't want to leave the family. Her only way out was to hopefully getting into a better school than Haenghada, hoping that would change her dads mind.

It didn't. Sora got accepted to a few more prestigious schools and that only seemed to make him angry. She was still a quitter in his eyes. So what did that make him do? Come up with an arranged marriage. With the son of the headmaster of the school she hated. It CRUSHED Sora. She had all these big elaborate plans of going and working for NASA. Now? Now she was tied down to Jung. She didn't want this, but her dad assured her that she could still go on to do whatever she wanted after high school and not be shunned by the family. She just had to marry Jung, and wear the engagement ring she had been given.

So there Sora sat in the back of the sleek black car, her blue eyes looking down at the shiny diamond ring on her left ring finger. It had been the first time she had really wore it, it needed to be refitted since she lost so much weight. She also had to get a new wardrobe. Sora used to be a healthy weight, but over the course of the summer she seemed to fall into a slightly unhealthy weight. What used to be a bright and happy wardrobe turned dim and dark, mainly black and whites.

When the car parked Sora stood and watched as the driver got out and brought in her bags. "Second floor the bedroom on the right, please." Sora smoothed out her white knee length pencil dress that hugged her skinny figure, a black zipper on her back to hold the dress so tight. Black wedges carried her into the dreaded house, a small sigh passing her lips when she seen all the shoes. "Oh, joy." There was no way she could sneak past everyone. She peeked around the corner and seen Jung, doing her best to not notice King. She didn't want to start crying on day one. She was strong, she could do this. "Jung." Sora took a more professional approach to their relationship. That's what it was, a marriage for looks. That's what it was to her, at least. "I picked up the ring before coming here. It fits now. Let your dad know, okay?" Honestly she had no clue if King knew about their engagement. Sora didn't get on social media or the internet other than to study or fill out applications, so she didn't know about publicity.

Lee

Lee went off the handle that summer. Her mom flew home to comfort her and Lee just...she just bailed. She had to be brought in by the cops after a few days on the run, and even then Lee locked herself in her room. Yuri always left food for Lee outside her room. Lee took the food, didn't acknowledge her mom or dad. And after only a month her mom just...left. Left to go to some appearances overseas. It was always work before Lee! Deep down she knew it wasn't true, but at the moment? That's how she felt. And those feelings made her blood boil and made her go even more wild.

Lee was taking off left and right behind her dads back, the poor old man. He couldn't keep up. Lee went from hanging out with the wrong crowd to tagging buildings. Graffiti was her new thing. A caged bird, to be exact. Around town she tagged stories of the bird. A simple little bird. The bird in the cage, the bird sitting outside of the cage. The bird with other birds, the bird being chased, and her latest one was the bird flying back into the safety of it's cage. It was the only way she could express herself, the only way she felt relief. It was illegal and she was more than aware of that fact. But it was the only way she could get her frustrations out.

It wasn't like she could turn to Suua. After what she said about her mom...she never wanted to see her again.

Lee stood from her dads car without a word, slamming the door behind her. She had no interest in talking to him, at this point all she did was ignore his existence. She grabbed her bright blue bag and walked inside, kicking off her shoes with a groan. Lee didn't say anything. Instead she sat her bag down and adjusted the bright blue crop top that revealed her shiny belly button ring she had gotten (against her fathers wishes). Black skinny jean covered legs carried her into the living room to Sora, taking hold of her hand and looking at the shiny ring. "Mom mentioned to dad something about you getting engaged. I didn't really think it was true." Her large cat eyed eyeliner covered eyes looked up at Jung and Sora. "Congrats, I guess." With that said she narrowed her eyes at Sora. "You're rooming with that bitch, I'm not sleeping in the same room as her." It wasn't an option. Lee walked up the stairs and went to Sora's room. Lee sat down her things, picked up Sora's, and walked across the hall to throw Sora's shit down on the bed. She didn't even acknowledge Suua's existence as she left the room. To Lee? Suua didn't exist anymore.

Jae-Ho

Jae didn't go home. Well, he did, but it was only to get a few things before he went back to Rian's. While her moms gave her a hard time Jae's parents were already being their usual cruel selves. His parents had gave him so much grief through texts. "Disappointment" was their word of choice. They weren't disappointed that he did what he did, they were disappointed that he felt guilt and blabbed. Life was about appearances to them. Jae didn't want the appearance anymore. It turned him into a monster. He wanted to be a decent human being. Was that so hard to understand? Jae left social media with one last message "I did something deplorable and unforgivable. I don't deserve forgiveness. All I can do is become a better person and hope that people will accept me for the new man I am."

And somehow, with that message, people forgave him. He could still go out in public, people approached him and gave him advice on how to move on and how he's a 'good guy' for wanting to become a better person. It was the first time Jae felt so good about himself. It also helped that Jae had Rian by his side. She made him smile. Like a real smile, a smile that warmed his chest. Maybe it was because she was hard on him? Maybe because she dealt with him? Or the fact that he helped her feel so great. She was the first to forgive him for his awful deed. It was hard not to fall for her. And Jae was weak.

"I'm coming." Jae grabbed their bags from Rian's car and walked into the house. This time he knew he couldn't room with Tae for obvious reasons. He also couldn't room with King because well, Jae ruined his life. Plain and simple. "Jung buddy, so good to see you my new roomie!" Maybe if he has an upbeat attitude they wouldn't remember? Oh, if only that's how things went.

"Sora you look like you could use some food. Order whatever you want and it'll be on me." The girl looked thin, like dangerous thin. Jae felt a tinge of guilt for that. With that said he ran up the stairs with Rian's and his bags. He sat Rians bags on the second floor before running up to the third and dropping his things off in the empty room.

Tae

Tae had a fun summer! He woke up and took a shot of whiskey. Shower? Shot. By breakfast time he was tipsy, and by lunch he was plastered. Without Suua people were less intimidated by him and they flocked him. He was more popular than ever before. The booze? To make things fun and to drown his guilt. He knew Jae was fucking around but no one listened to him. Lee ran away all the time and Suua wouldn't listen to him. They didn't want him in their lives anymore, it was obvious. So Tae partied!

Tae did try to stop drinking. Well, for a day. He was so sick he couldn't do it, especially with no one around to help him.

The day came and Tae drank from his flask as he stood from the car his dad's driver drove. He slung his bag over his shoulder and walked inside, kicking off his shoes and walking to the living room. He hadn't been sleeping and it was obvious by the bags under his eyes. "Sora. Hey kid." He glanced back at everyone and gave a small wave. "Hey." He pat Sora's head before he walked upstairs and tossed his bag on a bed in the room with no one in it. If he was thinking right then Tae would be stuck with King. He'd prefer Jung but he was pretty sure if King and Jae roomed then there would be a murder within the first week. And King was the lesser of two evils at least.

A thought hit him. Suua's shoes were downstairs. Where was she? With another sigh he took a shot from the flask before shoving it back into his pocket. That wasn't his problem, he had to quit worrying about her.

SUUA

Suua could hear the commotion downstairs but it didn’t cause her to budge from her blankets. Honestly it made her want to hide under them more. It wasn’t until Lee came in that Suua nearly let out a small sob and jump up to apologize but Lee was gone before she couldn’t even move. How did they become this? Why did Suua have to go and say something so terrible. At some point over the summer Suua has texted Yuri and apologized profusely for what she said and of course the understanding woman took no offense. But that didn’t mean things were okay with Lee.

After a few moments Suua let out a long sign and sat up in her bed. Her stomach was growling. When was the last time she ate? Thursday? No Wednesday with her parents at that Chinese place. Fuck. It growled again and she rolled out of the bed and stood, frozen for a moment before making her way downstairs and into the living room. Tae was in the doorway and it caused her heart to shatter once again. Everyone else was there and Suua couldn’t help but stare. King seemed, bad. Sora seemed worse. Lee was clearly angry. But Jae and Rian seemed just fucking peachy. What the hell? We’re they seriously friends? It sickend Suua that’s Jae seemed unphased.

“Hey.” Suua said flatly, her voice completely void of any emotion before she slipped away and into the kitchen to grab a banana and a water. Once done she came back into the living room and stood awkwardly. As much as she wanted to run back into her room, she knew she should stay and try to be a part of the group.

King
King tensed when Sora came into the house. Every single cell in his body felt on edge and there was nothing more he wanted to do than to pull her into the other room and literally beg for forgiveness. That is until she walked straight up to Jung and mentioned a ring. There was no way that rumor was true! King had written it off as simple tabloid drama, there had only been one or two stories on it that he saw so he assumed someone saw them out once and assumed. That’s what the paparazzi did! But this was... this was true.... King swallowed hard. A burning feeling in his chest and stomach. He didn’t know if it was rage or heartbreak or both. Jung didn’t know shit about Sora! They couldn’t have been in a relationship more than three months and just looking at the two of them you could tell they were clearly uncomfortable with each other.

“W-What the fuck?” King couldn’t help the words from coming out as he leaned down and planted his head in his hands, rubbing at his forehead. Not that Jung wasn’t a great guy but if King couldn’t be with Sora she deserved someone amazing! Not that even he was good enough for her but just what the actual fuck!

Suua joined downstairs and King looked at her with a small eye roll. Totally something he would not be dealing with now that this new bombshell was dropped.

Jae came in as well... acting all. Cheery. And that was it. That was the tipping point. “Why are you acting so fucking normal like you aren’t a total piece of garbage like myself? It was your fucking idea. Why do you get to walk around acting like everyone’s your fucking buddy?” King snarled. His eyes slits as he looked Jae and Rian up and down. “News flash the bets over, or did you just need an ego boost and try to finish the fucking roster.”

“Man fuck this.” King stood up and went into the back yard with a slam of the door before lighting a cigarette and placing it between his lips.

Jung

And there it was. The bombshell. Jung wished he had the time to have put it a little more gently than Sora did but in all reality... King didn’t get to be upset after what he did to Sora. While Jung has zero romantic feelings for her he had basic human respect and understood that Sora was a good person. Even if she wasn’t, no one deserved what King and Jae did to the girls.

“Yeah of course. I’ll let him know later.” Jung have her his best smile. This was a business partnership but if they had to go through with this Jung at least wanted to create a friendship that would satisfy his social needs at least. But he also understood how badly she must be hurting.

Behind them Rian and Jae entered and Jung raised a brow. That was strange. But totally not his problem. “Roomie? Yeah sure but... let’s not touch. I’m not your biggest fan. Roomie.”

Suua joined and looked terrible. Once again totally not his problem.

Then King spoke and jung turned to him with a large sigh. Here it goes. King clearly loved Sora, but he fucked up hard. Without giving him a chance to say anything King left the with boom and Jung turned to Sora. “I’m sorry.” Sorry about what? He wasn’t really sure. It just felt like what you should say.

Rian

“Yikes, how about you chill a little there big boy.” Rian chuckled as Jae beamed in the room. She had forgiven him as did many on social media, but she was more than positive that more than half this room wanted his head on a fucking platter.

“We all just need to calm down a bit okay? We all suck in our own ways.” Rian sighed and rubbed her temples. Everything was already gone to shit and they had all just been in this house ten minutes together. Rian used to be shy and quiet and isolated but summer had given her a new louder personality.

When King chose to come at Jae she glared, and this his roster comment turned her full out red. “Yeah well who or who I don’t have sex with us none of your fucking business lover boy! Shockingly I’m smart enough to make my own fucking decisions just like you were when you AGREED to his idea you fucking fuck!” Rian was pissed.

“Man I’m just here to go to fucking school and you all can’t sit in a room together for five fucking minutes!” Rian had swore probably 100 times in the past thirty seconds but she wasn’t lying! “You all SUCK. Stop playing The Who sucks more game!” With that she left and went into the kitchen, instantly digging for some form of booze where they had stashed it before break.

Sora

There it was. There was the explosion she knew was coming. She didn't expect it so soon though. "It's uh, it's fine." She ran her frail hand through her hand and gave a long sigh. Rian was already yelling, and apparently she was sleeping with Jae. An idiotic decision, but if he had changed then good for them. "Well, I guess I'll go get King." If they were going to sped two more years together then they needed to be able to be in the same room as each other. "If you guys will excuse me." Sora bowed her head slightly as she squeezed out of the overpopulated room to the backyard.

There he was, the man that shattered her heart. During the summer she lost her smile, she had been cold and professional for the whole time. Now that she seen him standing in front of her so beaten down? It broke her heart. "My dad says that boys are stupid, and that they make stupid decisions. He dated Suua's mom just to find my aunt. My uncle cheated on Suua's mom with my aunt. And your dad tried to fool around with basically everyone's mom." With a long sigh she looked away and fiddled with a strand of hair. "Dads point was that we've gotta forgive and forget. And if Rian's willing to still sleep with Jae even though he fucked with the hearts of two girls...then there's hope for you."

Sora wasn't very good at getting pep talks. "I forgive you King. I'm trying to move on. You have to move on with your life too so stop sulking. Look where it's getting Suua. We'll be spending the next two years together so I hoped we could at least be in the same room as each other." Her fingers fiddled with the ring on her finger. "And it's not Jung's fault. The marriage was set up by our dads." Sora reached up and plucked the cigarette from his lips, throwing it on the ground and stepping on it with her slipper. "That's terrible for your lungs. How are you supposed to be a big rapper when you smoke? And when did you start smoking?" Her pretty brows arched curiously as she looked up at him. If they were supposed to survive the next two years she might as well go back to nagging him. It's what she did best.

Lee

If Lee got to vote anyone out of the group it would be Jae. He was happy. Happy! He ruined so many relationships, broke so many hearts, and yet he gets to be happy? How fair was that? King looked like a puppy that someone beat up, Suua was a mess, Lee was committing crimes, and Sora was starving herself and completely shut down emotionally. Rian even stuck up for him! He should be on his knees apologizing! "Jae, if there was a vote going around with who sucked more, it'd definitely be you." With that said Lee ran upstairs to grab some pineapple and coconut rum out of her bag and ran downstairs with everyone. "Tae!" She looked up the stairs and popped the lid to the coconut rum. "Come downstairs and drink, I know you want to!"

"I say we get drunk and play games. It worked the first night at relieving tension. We should do it again." Lee peeked over to the back door and took another swig. "If those two make it back in that is." She felt terrible for them, she knew they still loved each other. Sora didn't love many people, and the fact that she's just shut down emotionally? That just means that Sora still loves him. If it wasn't for the stupid bet she was sure that they would have lasted a long while...

"Uh, Jung. Since your lady to be is held up back there I'll keep you company. Here, drink." She handed out her hands, one with coconut rum and the other with pineapple. "Drink boy, I promise we won't tell your dad."

Jae-Ho

"You guys are right, I fucked up. We ended last year super shitty, I was just hoping that we'd get a fresh start." Obviously Jae was a lot more cheerful. He was hoping it would be contagious. Obviously it was, not by Kings reaction to his peppiness. Oh well. If King wanted to mope about what happened that's on him, it's just as much as his fault as it was Jae's. Rian was right, they all made their own decisions. "I'm down for drinking." He followed Rian into the kitchen, sighing quietly. "So uh, happy Jae isn't really a crowd pleaser is he?"

Jae took a bottle of vodka and took a small shot, making a small face as he did. "Ugh. I really don't know how people drink daily." He sat down the bottle and ran his hair through his messy silver hair. "You want to be my video game partner? I think if anyone else was my partner they'd literally kill me."

Tae

"Is she seriously going out there with him? We're seriously letting that happen?" Tae ran down the stairs in time to see Sora walk out after King. He wanted to object but as Tae learned it wasn't his place. Clearly these girls needed someone looking out for them. As he walked into the living room he felt like his stomach twisted into a knot. "Suua." He gave her a small nod before he snatched the pineapple rum from Lee, taking a long drink from it.

Jae's words made him sick. He fucking ruined everyone! And now him and Rian get to sit there and preach to everyone? He had been there, he had done that, and preaching got you nowhere. No one listens when you preach, no one seems to care. Every time Tae felt like helping someone he just drank. Honestly he never really thought about the damage it did to him, all eh know was that it made him feel better. Temporarily, but it still made him feel better. He grabbed a few games and looked through them. "We have mario party if you guys want to play. Four teams of two, it'd work. Mario kart, snipper clips, what do you guys feel like playing?"

Rian

Rian didn’t mean to freak out like that. But her anger got the best of her a lot. Maybe it was because she took all this bullshit for so long that it was just now every little thing pissed her off? All through her younger years she was bullied. For being quiet, for liking video games, for having two moms. Everyone called her a freak, asked if she caught the gay, called her parents names and slurs. For a while she just took it, those people didn’t matter. They were intolerant assholes. They didn’t matter in her life. But this group, this group mattered. And while they weren’t bullying her. They were ripping each other to shreds and it was bullshit.

“Christ.” Rian jumped when Jae came in behind her and spoke, turning around and facing him with a still partially red face. As much as she didn’t want to admit it she liked him. More than friends or whatever you wanted to call them. But it just couldn’t happen. So instead she held her fortress high and stayed like they were.

“Yeah well I don’t know if any Jae is really their favorite right now.” Rian moved to him and took the bottle, drinking a shot herself before looking up at him and smirking a little, her other hand reaching up to push back his hair a bit. “They’ll come around Jae, you’ve changed this summer. And your honestly sorry. They just need more than a status online to know it.”

Her harsh brown eyes softened a bit as she looked at him but she quickly stepped away, spinning with the bottle in hand and returning to the living room, “Come on partner, let’s get drunk and all tolerate the sight of one another!” She fell into the couch and leaned forward to Tae, “We have mario kart? Oh hell yeah! We can play Beerio cart, everyone just needs a similar sized drink!” Rian explained the rules of the hellish game with a smirk, “I mean only if y’all arent chicken shit.”

Suua

Suua was undeniably uncomfortable with the idea of them all hanging out. Especially because they were all talking about how games went well last time. It didn’t for Suua! Sure it fixed things between her and Lee but it completely caused her to ruin everything with her best friend. All she wanted was Tae. All she wanted was him in her life again in any way or form. If they could just talk, she would be able to get through everything! Lee, her parents, the drama. It would all still hurt but at least someone would even look at her. Everyone avoided her now and assumed things, assumed her current state was thanks to Jae dumping her basically and that’s not true. But it was easier than explaining the truth.

“Hey.” Everyone has seemed to already start pairing into the old groups and it left Suua with one option. Maybe this was a good thing. She walked up to where Tae sat as Rian explained the game and sat down beside him. “I uh-“ She tried to start but her nerves made her voice hushed and waivered. “I think I get to be your partner then? Heh...” God this was hard.

Suua pushes up the round drama of her glasses and looked away from him towards the ground as she swallowed tears, this was embarrassing. “Or I can actually just head upstairs, you’d probably be better off without me.” The words were more than about the game, and it hurt them to even come from her chest.

King

Sora was the last person in the world that King would have expected to follow him out here. He listened to her story of forgiving him and her couldn’t even believe her. Honestly it felt worse in a way? Sora forgiving him meant she was moving on. It meant there was no fight left here. Sora didn’t care enough to hold onto anger for him. He was just there. Part of the group. Someone that she needed to be able to trust to not freak out every time Jung spoke to his... fiancé. And if King couldn’t do anything else for her, he would do that. As much as it broke his heart.

“I uh-“ King swallowed his pride and gave a small smile to her as she stomped on the cigarette. “It was a stressful summer okay?” He went to reach out and ruffle her hair but he stopped short and dropped his hand, ready to turn and walk inside before stopping that as well.

“I’m going to stop acting this way. I don’t know if I can move on but I’ll stop this.” King looked at her earnestly for a few moments before years started to well and he looked to the ground blinking them away. King then reached out and gently turned her around by her shoulders before wrapping his arms around her and hiding his face in her neck. This was his last time he was going to be selfish.

“I’m sorry.” For this, for last year, for fucking up, for freaking out. You name it. A few years slipping from his eyes and hit her shoulder before he could help it. “I’m going to stop all of this. I just need you to know that I love you, that wasn’t a lie. I know why you were mad at me, I know why you have to move on. And for you I’ll try my best to find something to fill that void. I’ll work harder. I’ll do better.” Finally he pulled back and kissed her on the top of the head before letting go and wiping his tears.

“They’re talking about playing some games, we should probably head inside right?”

Jung

When Lee offered him alcohol he didn’t even pause, taking the thing and drinking a few shots back to back. “Fuck my dad.” He said through the swallows of burning rum. This whole engagement was a fucking sham. Within seconds Sora was already with King, and was Jung surprised? NO. That’s what he told his father would happen! His dad told him it didn’t matter, this wasn’t about who loved who, this was about Sora and Jung being able to use their full potential without drama pulling them down. Fuck that! Fuck all of this.

After a few shots he handed her the bottle and scoffed, wiping his lip with the back of his jean jacket. “I feel terrible for your cousin. I really do. She keeps getting stuck with shitty guys.” Jung winked at Lee and chuckles darkly. Usually he was a jokester and such but his comedy had turned self deprecating recently. “But thank god the ring was pretty enough to be approved by both fathers. Fuck.” He took the bottle and another swig again.

Rian explained the rules and he shot a look over to lee, “I won’t let you down this time okay? I’m no teachers pet anymore.” King stoodnand pulled Lee up as well, “Well go make drinks real quick!”

Sora

Sora would turn back time in a heartbeat. Back to when her and King were together even though it started as a lie...it was still the happiest time of her life. What used to be time spent with her nose buried into a book was spent with King making the most of life. He made her feel happier than words could express. Despite the fact that Tae and Suua and Lee were like family and they grew up together, King was by far her best friend. She had spent half the summer angry and half the summer trying to forget him. Now? It was so hard to ignore him, so hard not to want to make more memories with him. Especially with him beating himself up like this.

When his arms wrapped around her she felt her heart breaking all over again. How was that possible? How was it possible that this hurt just as bad as the breakup? Because it did, especially when she felt the tears hit her shoulder. Big tears welled in her eyes, the back of her hand quickly wiping away the tears as he kissed her head. "We all make mistakes King. Stop beating yourself up." Honestly? Sora didn't know if there was a way to go back to before. Not if she felt this pain in her chest every time they were around each other.

"Oh, yeah, sure..." Sora avoided eye contact, her eyes were already swollen from the tears she was fighting off. All she wanted was to run into Kings arms and cry into his chest, apologize for the fact she was forced into this engagement. Instead she slid past him and walked back inside the others, just in time to see Jung pulling Lee to her feet. "Well there goes my partner." She glanced back at King as he walked in, a small smile on her lips as she looked up at him. "I guess you still end up being stuck with me. Sorry." It kind of hurt that she wasn't Jung's first choice, she was his fiance. Being with King was painful. The engagement was supposed to help the pain.

Lee

When Jung immediately took the bottle her brows raised curiously at him. He must have been really frustrated about the engagement. Who could blame him?! If Lee's dad did that she would literally flip shit. But her uncle Lee was a very strict man. He was born and raised by a strict business man. Her grandpa was always doting on the both of them, always buying them expensive gifts, always saying how important family was. From what her parents told her he was the head of the mafia, and that Lee took over for him a few years ago when his father passed away. So the engagement? Maybe it somehow benefit the mob. All she knew was that her dad and Sora's dad did not get along. For once she was thankful that her dad didn't want part of the mob, Lee wouldn't have to do a stupid arraigned marriage. If and when she married it would be because she loved some dude.

"You're not too bad, at least you don't fuck with girls hearts." Maybe bashing King would make Jung feel better about himself? Jung was a good guy, he wasn't a player and he truly cared about people. He didn't deserve to feel bad about himself, he didn't deserve to beat himself up or feel second best compared to King. King sucked compared to Jung! Before Sora King was fake, and apparently for some of their relationship. Jung didn't need a woman to be himself. "I'd rather be your partner any day. You're more fun and honest."

When Jung pulled her up she smiled. A sweet, genuine smile. She didn't even notice the smile. "Yeah, I'll go get the drinks real quick." Her eyebrow curiously arched as King and Sora talked together. So they were on speaking terms now? Poor Jung. Her eyes rolled at the two of them and she walked into the kitchen. She looked through the alcohol cupboard she seen several different glass bottled beverages. Hard ciders, beers, lemonade, smirnoff ice's. Those were the same size. She picked up the box of all the alcohol and brought it out, handing everyone a drink of their choice. She open the lid to a smirnoff screwdriver, taking a long drink from the bottle.

Jae-Ho

Jae liked Rian. There was no way around it, he truly liked her. He knew that she said it was just a physical relationship, but she believed in him when no one else did. She took him in, helped him when he was at his worst. She was gorgeous, strong, and never fell for any of the bullshit that he used to be all about. Rian did Rian and he respected the hell out of her. Around her there was absolutely no hiding anything, there was no bullshitting her. How could he not fall for such an amazing woman? She made him feel worth something being allowed to just be her friend. "I hope you're right." Once again she was right, he did change. They had to see how he changed and it obviously wasn't going to be the first day.

"You're right." Jae smiled at her as he walked out into the living room, taking one of the beers from the box and plopping down on a couch. "I've uh, I've never played. What's the rules?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back