• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Haenghada 2.2

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Tae

Have you ever seen a soaking wet puppy that looked sad and pathetic and it just broke your heart? That's how Suua looked. She looked depressed, broken down, and pathetic. He couldn't be angry at her, not with how she looked. "Just explain the rules to everyone, Suua. We'll be partners. Christ, if King and Sora can be on speaking terms then we can too. Neither of us ever lied to each other." Tae reached in and grabbed a hard cider and opened the top, taking a long drink of the cider. He wasn't going to talk to her too much, there was nothing to really say. He was drunk all the time, on some level he felt shame for that. What she did was shameful too, but she didn't mean it. She was just honestly naive. Tae was purposely drinking. That made him worse than her.

Tae switched out the games in the wii and smiled to himself. The last game they played together was wii sports...that's when they all pretty much liked each other. He remembered Lee and Sora boxing each other, having a grand old time. They all sat out here and had dinner and played some games. Back when they were all stupid and foolish.

He inserted Mario Kart and put the previous game in its case before he got the game all set up. He passed out controllers, one to Jung, King, Rian and then one to Suua. "We used to always be the winners of Mario Kart. Kick some ass." With that said he sat down and took a long drink.

Suua

The following Monday at school was brutal.

The halls were filled with whispers and gossip, her classmates stared at her and made comments on her lack luster appearance. At lunch the entire group sat together, almost as if it protected them from the outside world. They were all pissed at each other sure, it had gotten a little better after game night though. Plus outside people didn't get to talk!

Today Suua was wearing a plain pair of jean shorts with rips in them and a mint green hoodie with a white logo from her mother's first album. Her hair was left down and naturally wavy and once again her face was bare of most makeup and her glasses sat on her nose. It was a vast improvement from Saturday but it still wasn't great.

The only thing that made her feel good enough to try today was that Tae was talking to her again, well not talking. Actively. But they had talked! Actually Suua got so drunk that she really put a lot out there. Most of it she couldn't remember but she could remember apologizing over and over and crying, and telling Tae that she would do anything in the world just to have him around again. There was probably more but after that it was all a blur and the next thing she knew she was waking up with a killer headache.

"I can't tell who they're even staring at anymore." Suua sighed as she stabbed at her salad and looked around the room slowly. "Plus these groupings for the project aren't going to help these rumors and looks people keep giving us..." The first assignment of the year was a mixed gender routine. Group One was Suua, Tae, Jae and Lee. Group Two was Sora, King, Rian and Jung. It was like the universe hated them! If Jin hadn't randomly pulled in front of them all earlier in the day she wouldn't have believed him that it was random!

King

King was about ready to bite someones head clear off.

Did you hear he begged Sora to stay with him, literally clung to her like a leech.
I can't believe he did that! Maybe hes more like his dad then we thought.

King is the man! Him and Jae are legends! All those girls in the special class are so hot.

The variations went on ALL day. And worse? This fucking assignment. At first King was thrilled, him Sora and Rian weren't a bad group. Then Jung got chosen as the last guy. King was trying really hard to be okay with this whole thing just for Sora's sake but still. Jung wasn't good enough. Never would be in King's opinion. No one was. It would be another thing if Jung at least made Sora happy! But it was clear that he didn't. The two of them weren't affectionate. They didn't spend unnecessary time together. Honestly they looked uncomfortable talking!

King sat at the lunch table and grunted when Suua spoke, "Yeah well just don't make eye contact. If you make eye contact they'll think its okay to come ask questions or something."

Jung

"Hah... yup. Yeah we are. Of course. Hah..." God this was uncomfortable. Jung just wanted to get to lunch with the others but a group of his friends stopped him to bother him about his engagement. No one believed the websites or the schools blog. But now? When they saw Sora with the ring? It was everywhere. The engagement also refueled discussion of the King and Jae bet as well as Suua and Lee's blow up. It was all so bad. People in the school saw Jung as a snitch but they also saw him as a normal guy, one that would spread information about the untouchables he was in class with. That wasn't the case! Jung tried his best to get students to drop it but when he refused information they just started wilder rumors! It was just all so much. When Jung wouldn't tell the full details of the bet to a girl who stopped him after morning announcements, she spun it to sound like Jung PAID Rian to out the whole thing so Sora would dump King!

Finally Jung got away and found the others, sitting down beside Sora with a giant sigh, his head resting on the table. "I hate this place. I never thought I would hate this place. But I do. I hate it." As if the rumors weren't enough, now Jung got to deal with watching King and Sora make eyes for each other more than he usually had to.

"When do we have to have this song finished by? Can it just be a spoken word piece? Where we get up there and tell everyone in the crowd that they need more exciting lives and to fuck off?"

Rian

If the past few days hadn't proven Rian had a temper. Today did.

All day she had been arguing with people, yelling at people, fighting the urge to punch people.

But now, it was too much. When Suua mentioned the stares it made RIan's skin crawl like she could feel people's eyes move over her body. Imagine what it would be if she and Jae were like publicly an actual thing! Just the rumors of it were already enough and that was simply because people posted a photo of the two WALKING INTO THE SCHOOL. It was outrageous!

At the table across from them there was a small group of girls staring, ones she instantly recognized. The president of Jae's little fan club. The thought made Rian scoff a little as her eyes rolled in and she turned to the others. "Man apparently Lia think's were a bunch of fucking zoo animals. Suua is the panda, Lee is the tiger and Jae is the tall fucking giraffe!" Rian scowled a little and looked over at the small picturesque girl and gave her a raised eyebrow before speaking a little louder than before. "Sweetheart were not zoo animals, and even if we were... we'd have to charge your creepy stalker ass admission. Though I'm pretty sure I saw you on the banned list for being a fucking creep. Oh well." Rian went to turn away and continue glaring down at her food when she heard the girl clear her throat.

"I know I'm not looking at a zoo third place, I'm looking at the ugliest little whore house in this part of Korea!"

Lee

Lee wasn't stupid. She wasn't deaf. She knew who and what they were whispering about. Did they think she not notice? Did they seriously think she wouldn't fly off the handle? Well, by lunch time she was ready to go off. The pairings were horrible! She told her dad to redraw but did he? No. "The names are already picked". So?! The old man could redraw if he wanted to but he didn't! Couldn't he see what a rough day it had been for them? No. So there she sat sipping at her juice with the cursed class. That's right, she said it, this class was cursed. For the rest of their days here at Haenghada they were doomed to suffer.

She really didn't say anything the whole time htey were at the table. She seemed down, mainly because she was angry and wanted to hit everyone square in the face. She was dressed pretty cute today too in hopes of a good day, game night made her stupidly hopeful. She wore a tight pair of leather black pants and a white chifon shirt, a pair of black leather gloves and spiked heels, a black beret on her over her shoulder length blonde hair. Too bad she was no longer in a cute mood. Instead of pitching in on the conversation she tuned them out, she was just waiting to catch someone saying something to set her off.

And then, like a godsend, Jae's 'biggest fan' made her comment. No, correction. THE comment. The comment that flipped the switch inside of Lee. She rose to her taller heeled stature and slowly took off her leather gloves. She reached across the table and sat them in front of Sora, taking the tray from in front of Suua. Did she say anything? No. She merely walked to the table the bitch sat at and rolled her shoulders back, cracked her neck, and took a firm grip of one side of the tray. Before the girl could even react Lee was smacking the girl across the face with the tray.

The tray was a hard plastic so it had some oomph to it. The girl flew off her seat and knocked her to the floor, her head hitting her friends foot. "You all talk so big, so high and mighty. Like you're all so fucking innocent. I'm sick of it. If I hear anyone saying anything else about anyone in my class just know that I'll do worse than this to you." Lee threw the tray on the ground next to the the bitch and walked out of the cafeteria to go see the headmaster to go get her suspension. She knew it was coming.

Sora

Sora didn't dread going into school today. King and her made up and the was the only real thing she was dreading. People whispering? That was the story of her whole life, she didn't care about people whispering. Though being called a slut was a new one for her. It didn't feel good, but she didn't cry in the same room as King. That was progress. King could be in the same room as her and Jung, that made her happy. Then her uncle threw a wrench into her good mood. Just because they were capable of being in the same room didn't mean they got along! Things with King felt a little awkward and tense but she still felt that love for him, though she wouldn't admit it. Why admit it when she was engaged to Jung? And that was another thing. With Jung she felt even more tense and awkward! Neither one of them wanted to be engaged. All she could do was make the most of it. She couldn't handle both of them in the same group though.

She sat at the table drinking her water, her blue eyes looking around at everyone. Everyone was really stressed out about these people. "Just ignore them, they're not significant." She gave a small reassuring smile over at Suua as she sat her water down on the table. "Maybe we could do a song that basically tells them to piss off. It could be grungy, more posing than dancing. It'd be a cool piece." She was focused on trying to make the most of the things, she could only hope that her partners would do the thing.

Rian, the only other female besides Sora in the group, started to get into it with one of Jae's girls. She instantly felt goosebumps on her arm. Zoo animals? That hurt. "Ouch..." Suddenly Lee was handing her leather gloves. "Lee?" Sora's blue eyes widened as Lee took the tray. Oh no. "Lee don't." But her voice was lost in the noise of the group around them. And then it happened, a loud smack silencing the cafeteria. Then Lee spoke up and left.

"Lee knows what she's doing, I don't think she'll get in trouble." Hopefully. "King, Jung, Rian, want to go back to the house and work on a song with me? The headmaster is bound to come by and talk to us, I'm just going to go home and wait for him." With that said she stood from her seat between King and Jung, picked up her bag and left to head back to the house.

Tae

After all the apologies and tears from Suua he couldn't be mad. Their relationship wasn't the same, he had to keep his distance, but it wasn't fighting and anger anymore. Just more like sort of friendly acquaintances. What he was mad at was all their peers being gossiping little bitches. Seriously, is this what they did all summer? It was disgusting. They needed their own lives. And to make matters worse the pairings for their new song was awful! How were they going to work cohesively when Lee and Suua weren't speaking, and Tae wanted Jae dead? How was this going to work? Lee seemed more pissed than he did and rightfully so. Maybe he could try to keep her grounded a little bit. Lee had been a bit of a wild card lately...

And well, there it was. The wild card wacking a girl upside the head with a tray. The girl deserved it! The class wasn't a whorehouse, the girls weren't whores. Why were they mad at the girls? It was Jae's and King's fault. "I'll go after her." Tae jumped to his feet and ran after Lee. "Whoa girl, mad props. Glad you did it because I was about to." He gave a small laugh and handed her the flask. "Take a shot, calm down a bit. You know they're wrong about you guys, right? You guys aren't whores. The guys are assholes. You made a mistake, yeah, but we all do. It does't make you a whore." It was only noon on a school day so Tae had some of his wits about him. He used to be so good with the girls when he was sober. Tae just hoped he could help Lee get through this.

Suua

"L-Lee!" Suua moved to stand up as Lee moved to the girl at the table opposite of them but stopped mid way. Was this her place? No... not right now at least, hopefully someday it would be again. Suua missed her friends. She missed the way things were. Her, Sora, Lee and Tae. "I-Oh my god!" As the tray connected with the girls face Suua let out a loud gasp and suddenly jumped up from the table watching as Lee left in shock.

"H-Holy shit." Suua finally said just as Tae stood and said he would follow Lee, it made her smile slightly. She was glad that they could still talk and that Lee had someone on her side. It made her feel good. Once the two were gone she looked around at the others and smiled sheepishly at Jung and Sora, "When that headmaster comes by, think maybe you could pull some sort of favor? I mean he owes you guys kind of right? Because of the.. ya know." Suua didn't want to blatantly say anything about the forced engagement but maybe the two of them could get Lee out of this somehow? Though when she really thought about it she wasn't sure if Lee would even care about a suspension.

Sora mentioned working on the song and Suua gave her friend a small smile, "Ri-Right. You guys should go work on that! Jae?" Suua swallowed. It was the first time she had talked to him since that day. It felt strange even having his name in her mouth. "Want to go wait for Tae and Lee with me? The others can get working then I suppose." Suua didn't want to spend a single second with Jae but she didn't want to be left in this room of psychos alone either, especially not after Lee literally just knocked one out.

King

While he couldn't say it out loud, King was actually kind of impressed and honestly thankful to Lee for standing up to these people. Was it a little over the top? Yeah. But was it also kind of amazing. Also yeah. As the others reacted in shock King simply chuckled and finished eating his food before looking over at Jung at Sora. This was going to be torture.

"Yeah sure." King stood and grabbed his tray before looking over at Suua and Jae. "Suua, don't forget we have to figure out our schedule for that other project okay?" He gave her a tiny smile before placing his tray on the top of the garbage and giving the two a wave. Hopefully Suua would chew Jae out while everyone was busy. Though he assumed she wouldn't.

"Well!" King gave a fake smile and patted Jung on the shoulder a few times before looping his arm through both Jung's and Sora's, "Let's get going!"

Jung

Well shit.

Jung would be hearing about this later. If not now. Jung almost expected a text instantly. For some reason his father expected him to be some sort of camp counselor for this group. It was all bullshit!

"L-Lee!" Jung stood and went to move as soon as Tae followed and he stopped, realizing it wasn't his place. The other night Lee had made him actually feel like part of the group but now he just felt like more of an outsider than ever. Lee, Suua, Tae and Sora had been friends for their entire lives. Jae and King were nothing like Jung. Rian was well... Rian. Sora was just around him because of obligation. It was all just bad. Maybe the other kids were right. Jung was here because of his father. Because his father had ulterior motives. Was that insane? Maybe. But this engagement made everything feel like a lie.

"What?" Suddenly Jung was pulled from his self doubt when Sora said something. "Oh uh yeah we can." The Suua mentioned his father and Jung's face fell. "I mean... I can try but Suua she just assaulted someone. Deserving or not the school can't ignore it." Jung rubbed the back of his neck and nodded his head in the direction of the door, "Uh let's leave guys. People are really staring now."

Sora

Lee's dad may not have been able to do anything and Sora knew Jung was going to have a difficult time asking his father for a favor, so Sora asked her dad to talk to the headmaster. If Sora was going along with the engagement the least his father could do was let her cousin off with a warning. What she didn't expect was the terms of the agreement. Lee will not get expelled so long as Sora doesn't back out of the marriage. If she backs out? Lee gets expelled. It made her extremely uncomfortable but she agreed to the terms. She didn't want to watch Lee get in trouble for standing up for everyone. That fixed Lee's issue. Sora on the other hand had her phone blowing up so badly with people accusing her of being a whore and threatening her. A picture of her with King and Jung, several texts accusing her of playing with King's heart. She didn't think she was playing with him, all she did was try to be his friend. Apparently she was a bad guy for that. The last thing she wanted was to mess with King's heart...

Sora ran out to get dinner alone, she needed to clear her head. What she didn't expect on her way to getting the pizza was getting jumped on the way there. She was pulled into an alleyway by two girls. Jae's fans? No. They were King's fans, the fans that found her number and decided to threaten and text her. Sora was a lot thinner than what she was a few months ago, so when the two girls began to push her and punch her she couldn't do much. Once the girls decided they were done beating on the poor girl Sora just sat in the alley with a bloodied puffy lip,a bruise on her pretty face, a few bruises on her stomach, and several hand print bruises on her pale arms.

By the time she got home with the pizza it was dark, a small sigh passing her lips as she walked inside. "I'm back." She walked to the kitchen and sat down the pizza. Maybe no one would mention it?

Lee

"Lucky to be alive" "Could have died" "Lucky walking away with a concussion" Like Lee cared? The girl was asking for it! She was running her mouth, a simple punch in the face wouldn't have worked! Thankfully Tae gave her that shot before she went into the fuming headmasters office. When being expelled was brought up she felt uncomfortable. Then he got a phone call and he completely changed his tune. Lee couldn't quite hear what was being said on the other line but then she heard the word wedding and she knew immediately who was bailing her out.

She was let off wit a warning. A warning! That was it. Silently she thanked her uncle and cousin as she returned to the house. Lee sat with Tae in the living room and drank from some whiskey from the flask to calm her anxiously beating heart down. Sora eventually went and got them pizza. It took her a while to get back, at least two hours. It never took that long to get pizza!

Finally the door opened and Sora announced she was back. Lee jumped to her feet and ran out to the kitchen to see Sora, her eyes widening when her eyes landed on the bloody lip. "S..Sora?" Lee didn't know how to react. Sora was someone she cared for, and she had never seen one of her family members beaten. "What the Hell happened to you?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back